Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


351 to 400 of 3,400 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
Neji, Gnome Sorceress wrote:
Neji, Gnome Sorceress wrote:

Before entering, Neji scopes around and picks up a few small stones to drop into a pocket. She casts Light on one of these and holds it tightly inside her closed fist. Should she need some light, she will permit a small gap between her fingers to form, enabling her LowLight Vision without drawing too much attention.

She falls in line behind the beautiful, burly dwarves.

Neji will try to permit just enough light so that she can see out to about 60'. She does not care anything about the human, including whether or not he can see anything.

She will ask for time to cast Mage Armour on herself and Ninni if she would like. She will also try to embrace any dwarf for luck, casting Resistance and grinding her hips a little.

** spoiler omitted **

Ninni, you can see and you've got Mage Armour for the next two hours. I hope that is long enough. Have Resistance too, a simple Cantrip and an excuse to hug others.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Trying to understand what Brask is getting at, Hon takes a closer look at the stone. He scrutinizes the wall, perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Nope, perhaps his hand is cramping up?
Hon puts his back to the wall taking this opportunity to scan the room with his eyes and crossbow. How high is the ceiling? Are there ledges? He sidles 10' further away. stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


No ledges, but ceiling is 40' high and flat. Walls are very smooth and difficult to climb. Floor is rectangular stones closely fitted together. Other than that, nothing remarkable.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Not knowing for sure what to expect, but he was issued orders to try to open the door in front of him. Therefore, Kragg will look for the mechanism/method to open the door taking 20 if necessary. Once the mechanism is found, Kragg will open the door.

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
strength check if needed 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Bad new first- Kragg looks and finds the door simply pushes in. As he pushes the door in his dark vison picks out a pack of hideous, misshapen creatures with claws and reeking of carrion and decay. Right in front are four tiny ones--around these are five man sized ones.

Surprisingly, the door mechanism is attached under the floor to a mechanism on the other side that unlatches a similar secret door on the other side of the hall that opens in. He lets his hands off the door as it makes an arc of 180 degrees and stops at the wall. He hopes there isn't nasty stuff in the room behind him as he can't comprehend the nasties he is face to face with. Kragg understands why no one has returned from here if this is only the first room.

Good news--The door opening caught the undead by surprise. Everyone gets a standard action (including a half charge) before the undead can act. Fighting the undead now is definitely preferrable to a time of their choosing later.

I will roll inits and post action order soon. Round 0 is the surprise round. A full round spell began in the surprise round will use the standard action of the next round to complete.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

Can Neji and Ninni see these things with her little bit of light? Or do I need to reveal more light?

Neji moves forward 10', drawing out a flask of acid as she moves.

Neji’s Mini Stats:

Hp: 17/17
Current AC/Touch/Flat: 19 / 15 / 16
Normal AC/Touch/Flat: 15 / 15 / 12

Spells in Effect (upon whom)
Mage Armour: Neji and Ninni
Resistance (Neji, reapplied regularly)
Light (Small rock held by Neji. She keeps it tight in her fist, allowing a little light to shine through between her fingers in front of her, or closing her fight to block the light completely.)

Enlarge Person, Mage Armour [ * ] [ * ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Cantrips: Daze, Resistance, Light, Prestidigation, Acid Orb
Gnome Magic: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals [ ]
Celestial Bloodline: Heavenly Fire [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Bolts (20)
Flasks of Acid (3)


INIT Ninni 1d20 ⇒ 18
INIT Magnum 1d20 ⇒ 1
INIT Big Mug 1d20 ⇒ 7
Undead right 1d20 ⇒ 16
Undead left 1d20 ⇒ 11

I removed an unneeded die roll and the undead init was higher afterwards -- they rolled an unadjusted 11 and 4 and get +2
Round 0 (Note - undead does not act)
20 Ninni
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon
9 Big Mug
6 Undead left
5 Magnum
5 Kragg
1 Thograt


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Kragg will 5 ft back away from the entrance to the secret room and ready an attack the first of the undead things to exit. #*!*, 9 of em over here! Whatever em are!?!

Two-handed attack using axe head 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 not including any bonuses from Big Mug. slashing damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

stats:

AC: 17
HP: 13
CMD: 17 + stability


Neji:
You can do a move and ready one weapon. In your case this can be a flask OR you can 'change' the status of your light and keep it on your person. Since your light stone is in your hand you can drop it at any time during your move as a free action AND ready a flask during a move. Magnum suffers some minor penalties in dim light and would prefer normal light while Ninni probably needs dim light to see. Right now you don't have line of sight to the right room, the door blocks, you may want to step at least 5' closer

There is enough dim light for Ninni to advance into the room but she can't see into the side rooms. From Neji's current position she has line of sight to both rooms. Light spell provides normal light to 20' and dim light 20' to 40'.

Andoran

Ninni instantly stops complain at the first sight of combat grinning wickedly she makes way for the right room fists leading the way. "Now we're talkin." She takes no time to look at her opponent..the usual.

Moves To L13.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

okay, this then,
Neji tosses her light source forward, to land near middle of the two doors.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25.
what a waste of a 20


The light stone lands and provides perfect light to expose the ranks of hideous clawed undead beasties waiting to tear everyone to pieces.


"Uh oh, maybe better not to see. Better hold the doorways--if they get out their number will tell."

Magnum drinks his potion and seems to move even faster.

Magnum keeps to the 20 word limit in battle.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

L13? Where's the map? The link in campaign info still shows the old fight for me :(

Seeing the silhouettes of wicked creatures in the magical light, Khazad charges forward, wildly slashing with his glaive.

Power attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19, +2 if charge allowed.
Dmg:1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
If there is a medium creature threatening the front line, I target it, otherwise the attack is directed at a tiny one.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Khazad Grimglaive:
On map the rooms have only a five foot wide door and both ways are blocked also on a surprise round you can only make a move or a standard action. Just to let you know :)


Campaign link updated with current map. During surprise round you can 'half charge', that is move your movement speed and attack. Unfortunately you can't close in time and need a clear path as Wareagle has said.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment
Quote:
Kragg will 5 ft back away from the entrance to the secret room and ready an attack the first of the undead things to exit. #*!*, 9 of em over here! Whatever em are!?!

With his back to the wall 10' away, Hon hears Kragg let out a curse. He almost turns to look but sees a door open up on the opposite wall. Trusting Kragg and Brask to handle what’s in front of them, he takes aim across the room with his heavy crossbow. Crunch

Spoiler:
Crossbow, heavy: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8; Damage 1d10 ⇒ 5 Autocrit roll1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7; Damage 1d10 ⇒ 1

Bolts 20-1=19 HA! Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn!

He drops his crossbow in disgust, pulls out warhammer to support Brask, flank if possible.


I moved Khazad 20' forward so he has a clear charge line to the door on the right of the map. Big Mug moved forward--Magnum drank a potion. Neji tossed the light stone to give normal light to everyone. Ninni moved up to get ready for punching time. Kragg is using his round to ready his attack in case something jumps into the hallway (he could throw that axe if he kept it in his hand). Hon, Brask and Thograt have yet to act in surprise round. Brask realizes he can fire into the room and still act before the undead in round 1.

We also wait words of inspiration from the leaders.

20 Ninni
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask ??
13 Undead right
12 Hon ??
9 Big Mug
6 Undead left
5 Magnum
5 Kragg
1 Thograt ??


Brask will swing at tg 1
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage:1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


splat - +1 to hit for banner (bless effect)


Thograt moves through the doors stepping in front of BigMug (K12) readying his axe.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Ouch, from the description I didn't even realize there were enemies on both sides. I guess Khazad's charge will be directed at g8 from L17 then, using my previous rolls: Atk 19 (+2), Dmg 9
Edit: as Ninni moves before Khazad, if she decides to occupy L17, Khazad will move to K17 and attack tg5-8.


Round 1
20 Ninni <----
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon missed surprise actin
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Undead left
5 Kragg
1 Thograt

Hon can still go in surprise round or Thograt or Brask can give him orders before undead go.

Knowledge Dungeoneering or Religon DC11:
The creatures are ghouls.

Andoran

Ninni moves foreword to L17 striking at the nearest with her fists."Feel the rage of Khelgar Ironfist ye...things." She seems to think of herself as his direct descendant :)

Hit:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Kn religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

" Khazad, Get in behind Ninni and attack over her shoulder! "

When Thograts turn comes around he will move up to K16 and cast Bless.


Actually Thograt could have got everyone in a surprise round bless, so I'll put him back to his original square.

Before Ninni goes Thograt calls upon divine blessings. Will last 12 rounds This adds to the blessing of the banner, and everyone feels twice blessed. Ninni takes out a tiny one with a satisfying splat.

Note: In the doorway Ninni has cover (+4 AC) to the foes in the room diagonal to her (e.g. g10) and vice versa. This reason and the fact that the bigger ones could take a Ninni punch, she hit a tiny one.

Khazad moves behind Ninni and skewers another little one.

Brask and Neji before horde #1 goes


Oh cool in that case when his turn comes:

Thograt double moves to a free space in between the two doors readying his axe.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

Splash Weapon, @ +5 vs Touch, 1d6 Acid, 1 point Acid damage to all within 5’

Neji rumbles through her pack and pulls out a Flask of Acid as she moves to K12. She lobs the flask at the mob in M17
"Sorry Ninni!" she calls as some of her acid splashes back onto her gnome friend.

Splash Weapon, @ +5 vs Touch, 1d6 Acid, 1 point Acid damage to all within 5’
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
I suppose one of the tg takes the full damage and ALL creatures within 5' of M17 take 1 damage.


A tiny slavering undead is badly hurt, and Ninni and more undead take collateral damage. Hon had fired his crossbow into the same room while the undead was still surprised, but had missed. He is holding his crossbow in his hand still. I did get Hon's surprise action in the spoiler

The tiny undead swarm into Ninni, she defends herself 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 finishing off the heavily injured one. Khazad AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 The slightly acid burned one dies from an alert Khazad before he can get out of the room.

The man sized undead tries to rush Ninni out of the way so the horde can exit in a swarm, and she is bolstered by Khazad directly behind her CMD+4; Rush 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Ninni holds them back with Khazad's help and the other undead rush outside the room through another concealed door in the south wall.

I did the right undead first--Brask's action will come before this, but he has to take care of his side.


Round 1
20 Ninni
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask <-
13 Undead right
12 Hon <-
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Undead left
5 Kragg
1 Thograt


Brask will Swing at tg 2
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
As he swings he shouts to the others,
"Don't let 'em outta tha door!"


Brask splatters another cat sized monster.

Magnum draws two hatchets and sends them both in an overhand throw to hit a mansized monster facing Brask (g5)

rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 71d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 2

One hits the flatfooted monster for significant damage and he stays up. He pivots to heave two more hatchets at the one facing Ninni being more careful as she is engaged.
rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 181d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 1

One hits for significant damage, the other misses.

"That is the northern two axe style."

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Hon grins nastily as he shucks off his backpack, fishes out his caltrops and takes a 5' step getting ready to deploy in front of Brask. "Lets keep them bottled up!"
That should be freeaction, move, move. Next round: move is disperse caltrops in front of door and Aid Another (+2AC)->Brask [dice]


"I'll keep them from rushing Brask." Big Mug moves behind Brask and gets ready to brace him.

Two tiny horrors rush Brask and he swings in defense 1d20 ⇒ 161d10 ⇒ 6 splatting his third little one.
Kragg unleashes his prepared attack too batting it back in the room it came from to land with a sickening thud. 120 = 120

All eight of the tiny, smelly monsters lay mangled on the ground.

The big ones don't even think of rushing a dwarf and escape out the southern door in a flurry of scratching noises of claws on stone.
Kragg's initiative jumps to just ahead of these undead.

Round 1
20 Ninni
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
7 Kragg
6 Undead left
1 Thograt <---


Thograt Ironheart wrote:

Oh cool in that case when his turn comes:

Thograt double moves to a free space in between the two doors readying his axe.

" Let's show these unholy beasts the might of Torag! "


Round 2
20 Ninni <--
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
7 Kragg
6 Undead left
1 Thograt

Back to the top of the order.

Brasks ferocious assault and Hon preparing the caltrops sent the undead fleeing to regroup.

Andoran

"I'll get this one, Khazad! you take the ones round back and don worry I'll be there soon enough" She then throws her fists in a flurry at the one still standing in front of her.

Hit:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Dam:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Hit:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dam:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Equating deeds to words, Ninni dispatches the injured monster with a single hit. She puts a second hit into it on the way down for good measure.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Seeing another monster down, Khazad cheers for Ninny.Way to go Ninny! Pretty impressive for those tiny fists of yours! Now let's see what a proper-sized weapon can do!
Khazad grins wide, his eyes glinting in the magical light, and charges to intercept the creeping undead menace.
charging all the way down to K25, attacking G10.
Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I think I could use some enlargement spam... I mean, spell right now.


Khazad's glaive almost brings down the horrible monster. Brask charges and the undead creature shelters behind a wall, but still gets hit.


I hope it's okay that i'm posting out of turn, but Neji ain't gonna be doing squat to aid me this round (too far out of range).

With a war cry on his lips, Brask charges g4
Attack:1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage:1d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

Actually, Brask would be in range, though Khazad is not. I think I'll leave the Enlargement spam for later.

Neji moves forward 20', grabbing her crossbow as she goes. She fires at G5.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


A horrible monster steps up to bite (1) and claw Khazad who is somewhat vulerable from his charge.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Khazad takes 13 hp and makes 3 DC13 FORT saves. If Khazad consumed GT last night, be sure to add +1 to his save as GT fights 'other' bad stuff in the body.

The undead creatures are dangerous in close quarters as their claws and bites each vicously hit Khazad. He manages to fend off two strikes to his vitals but feels his body struggling to keep moving. The horde is waiting to race around Brask if Khazad topples.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Hon retrieves and reloads his heavy crossbow. He moves to I16 and covers the door (observing G1)and mainhall(observing G4 and G5). A scowls covers his face as he determines which beastie he is gonna miss next. "What are these things? He scrutinizes one of the smaller dead critters.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Knowledge dungeoneering 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Ouch, that hurt! Talk about bad DM rolls! Luckily, I did drink GT las night, so my Fort would be +7.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Here are my actions depending on what Big Mug and Magnum are doing.

Seeing that the creatures have put to flight and that Brask and Khazad have taken control of the center main hallway, Kragg enters into the small room to get a better idea of what they are up against and where they are headed. move to G17 Seeing the creatures at the end of the room, Kragg set his spearpoint to receive a charge, You filty cretins, come back here and fight.

attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4) + 12 = 18

status:

AC: 17
HP: 13
set for charge


A hideous creature topples the paralyzed Khazad and 2 more of the creatures surround Brask and prepare to bite him (they moved to far to use claws effectively). Brask reacts and hits either one of the two slightly singed ones or the badly damaged one that is flanking him with his retaliatory strike. As the wide open archway is no longer held, Kragg can modify his actions.

Hon exclaims, "These be ghouls--the eaters of the dead and living."


Thograt hurtles down the hall waving his axe " Leave me boys alone you unholy critters!"

Charge G10 +2 attack -2 AC

Atk:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Dmg:1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male dwarf Cleric 1

I will charge ghoul g6 and end in square i23.

Attack roll from last time including charge: to hit :16
Damage with axe head of Ugrosh: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

effect -2AC after charge for total of 15.


I assume Brask doesn't want to be flanked, so he attacks the weakened ghoul hitting him and finishing him. 1d20 ⇒ 151d12 ⇒ 3

The two ghouls retaliate with only bites completely missing.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Round 2
20 Ninni
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon
9 Big Mug<--
7 Magnum
6 Undead left
5 Kragg
1 Thograt

351 to 400 of 3,400 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.