Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


2,251 to 2,300 of 3,400 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 That fails
AC: 16/12/14
-1 to range attacks and Reflex saves.

Joan scrambles back away from the wasps drawing her bow as she goes.

"OW! Damn wasps!"

She takes careful aim and sends an arrow streaking over Nar's shoulder into the dark dwarf.
Move fifteen out of the swarm and put an arrow in the dwarf fighting Nar.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 23 +1 PBS -4 cover (Dex damage already factored in.)
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 17 Hope that hits.
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
If crit: 2d8 + 4 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + 2 + 6 = 18


KnArcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Oh, nothing I hadn't guessed.
Excuse me, I readied counterspell- I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
I don't know of any spell that summons wasps, save Insect Plague, which if he has, means he is level 9 at least, and we should all give up.

I'll wait for a response to post my action.


Gallak cannot determine the magic used.


That's weird. I editted to include the arcana roll and it put my whole edit at the top. May the record show my spellcraft was an 18, originally.

P.S. We're doomed.


Gallak dons his most winning smile, clueless as to what devilry the leaf wrangling potbelly will bring next.
Would you care to share a nice stout before we get back to the business of ripping each other to pieces?
Gallak's charm person effect has a difficulty class of 12, and forces a concentration check if that was a spell.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Do we have a Fireball wand somewhere? Burning hands? Or something which creates lots of smoke. Wasps don't like smoke.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /1
Stats:
Hps 13/13 AC 18 FF 16 T 12 CMD 16 (19 BR& 17 Trip) Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+3 vs poison, spell and SLA) Init +4 Per +0

If Joan is already out of the way I'll ask Gallak to move back or out of the way then back up and use burning hands to damage the swarm and maybe catch the a Duergar with some flame is possible

I'll take the AoO if I have to back up more then 5' if Gallak can't move or I need to step back more.

Fort Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

burning hands damage 3d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) = 6 Reflex DC 14 for half, swarm takes 1.5 damage from spell


Just before the spell goes off, Gallak curses and dives out of the passageway.
I think his move occurs before they appear since he readied, but, if not, Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;
Khazad Grimglaive wrote:
Do we have a Fireball wand somewhere? Burning hands? Or something which creates lots of smoke. Wasps don't like smoke.

Yes, but Kib can't See anything in the tunnels, with all the damnged Druegar Darkness about. Grr


I got confused w/ Gallak's action. Gallak readied a std action to cast on Chubby's action w/ spell. Gallak casts charm person.
Will save1d20 ⇒ 17
Potbellied druid resists, Nar steps to burn wasps.
Step east gets all 3, move 10 feet South gives 2 AoOa & gets all three, 5 foot step South gets two and requires concentration check. First option Nar? Gallak and Joan clear.


Kib's Gear:
So I was looking at your wands to determine if we could fix the darkness problem, and... you didn't bring the staff of earth and stone into the MINE?

I thought someone had a scroll or wand of dispel? No?
Edit: Gallak can five-foot step away as part of his standard, which he would do, assuming the spell was lightning bolt or something along those lines.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

re Kib's Gear:

Yup. That particular little item woulda been Reaaaaaly helpful right about mow, but it's been back at the Dwarven hold for some time now. Kib's too little to carry a big staff around (well, at least before he had his haversack anyway) and since no one else offered to carry it for him, there it stayed.

And to refresh your memory, we haven't been back 'home' for quite a while now either, and we teleported right to these mines, so didn't pass the Hold along the way.

So, there ya have it.


Step east and burning hands still gets Gallak I think--template is 15 foot cone.

Big Mug holds. Magnum rushes after Kib, hoping to find a place his sunrod works.

Order of action
Hon(gas)<---
Kib<--
Khazad<---
Elemental
Gallak
Ddwarves
Joan
Nar
Magnum
BigMug

Hon:
Hon hears Magrim's words in his head - "rush to the exit--help Kib!!"


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /1
Stats:
Hps 13/13 AC 18 FF 16 T 12 CMD 16 (19 BR& 17 Trip) Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+3 vs poison, spell and SLA) Init +4 Per +0

That fine, but I think I can move rather than 5' step and take an AoO then cast and get the swarm and not him.


Step south and immolate the hallway. You'll catch three swarms, two dwarves, and singe Hon as a bonus.


Two duergar hit at Nar as he moves to fire his flames. They swing more precisely but miss. The front duergar gets burned too. 2d20 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10

REF:
3swarms+dwarf4d20 ⇒ (5, 9, 6, 4) = 24

Nothing avoids Nar's flames. Joan's shot, although missing vital areas, 1d100 ⇒ 88 with the flames topple the front dark dwarf.


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Any word on Joan's lucky shot? Did I crit? Oh and I hope you noticed a ghost from the past in your recruitment thread. :)

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

chainmail:
They see me float'n. They be hate'n. That was my destination, of course. Unfortunately, Gas has a fly speed of 10'. A gust of wind would be beneficial. Something the cleric of Gozreh may use to disperse the wasps easily conceive. And yeah, I played Hon poorly yet again, not as per character. I failed the int/wis check.


Nar's flames burn many wasps, but the swarms still hold together.
The duergar closest to the swarms is singed and shot through the shoulder with an arrow--he falls.

Hon moves slowly south in gaseous form.

Will move things along tonight regardless - Order of action
Kib<--
Khazad<---
Elemental
Gallak
Ddwarves
Joan
Nar
Magnum
BigMug
Hon(gas)


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

[Ooc]Some clarification if possible? What speed do you have Kib currently moving at? And so he's been doing double moves and the elememtal is keeeping pace with him, or falling behind or catching up, or what? And Kib would still have several hundred feet to go to reach the exit, right/ooc]


Kib:
Kib at 50' move. Elemental is running 4x move to keep up.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /1
Stats:
Hps 13/13 AC 18 FF 16 T 12 CMD 16 (19 BR& 17 Trip) Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+3 vs poison, spell and SLA) Init +4 Per +0

FYI that is it for me on area spells so hopefully anyone else has an answer or they don't move


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Wait, so why isn't Kib running as well? Didn't I say that he was running from the Elemental? (Sorry, posting from phone) And wouldn't that just make sense anyway?


Standard action to use escape artist. Next round you may run, but the elemental will probably just barely keep up.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

DM C had Kib move double but the elemental run so 4X speed. I was just saying that if Kib was also running, then he should be way ahead of the elemental. But I may be confused.


Kib:

Kib moved 50' after escaping--elemental ran keeping up.
Is Kib withdrawing/double moving in total darkness OR full running into the darkness at 4x giving an AoO and taking the running penalties?


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Re: Kib:

Ahhhh! Please forgive! But once again that damn darkness seems to be stymying me. So, he can double move in darkness with no penalties but Running will give him some?

More than done with not being able to see, Kibibblepep, still invisible, moves to get ahead of the elemental once again then casts a Light spell on his vest, hoping that he is now out of the Druegar's magical darkness.

Remembering how effective the human ranger's hammer was on another elemental he bellows "Magnum! Come destroy this thrice dammed walking piece of stone for me!"


Kib moves fifty feet ahead of the elemental to cast light provoking a response from the elemental.

Attack/conceal:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d100 ⇒ 74

Kib illuminates the area with a light and proceeds down the tunnel narrowly missed by the elemental, who rushes afterwards.

Khazad tries to swing around the corner at the front duergar trying to push the bannerman back, but the dark dwarf makes use of the cover he is provided to avoid a wicked shot.

Khazad to hit:
1d20 ⇒ 8

Order of Action
Gallak<---
Ddwarves
Joan
Nar
Magnum
BigMug
Hon(gas)
Kib
Khazad


So the swarms got toasted, right?
Gallak waits for the next dwarf to step forward, and holds his father's axe as firmly as he can, knowing it's weight will be his only advantage if it comes to a melee.
He ponders for a second the implications of using flame with Hon's gaseous form hovering about- he wouldn't want to unduly harm him.
KnArcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 I'm not really sure what Hon used... Just a potion of Gaseous Form, I think; and can area effects damage him?
While pondering the implications on the treacherous Dwarf's biology and susceptibility to heat, Gallak tries to remain quiet, hoping the next Duergar to step forward might overlook him.
stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
He has no such luck. His labored breathing from leaping out of the way and the general situation gives him away, but he holds the axe firm nonetheless.
Readied attack vs H16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d12 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Combined with 5-foot step into G-17


Swarms were singed, but are still quite active in the three colored squares


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Shouldn't Magnum be further South on the map? Last post you wrote "Magnum rushes after Kib, hoping to find a place his sunrod works."


Magnum did rush after Kib.
The dark dwarves try to attack the bannerman and Magnum as he rushes by.

ddwarves vs Big Mug and Magnum:
Big Mug/Magnum2d20 ⇒ (9, 2) = 111d20 ⇒ 201d20 ⇒ 153d10 ⇒ (5, 2, 10) = 17Stabilize1d20 ⇒ 18

The dark dwarves are unable to touch the bannerman, but a vital shot from a war axe drops the human ranger as he goes running by. Although unconscious, the human ranger seems to be easily hanging on. Big Mug pushes the ranger behind him as he holds the duergar off with nothing but the banner and choice insults of their heritage and their reduced capacity to drink alchohol.
Axe critical can hurt :-)

The duergar druid rushes up to heal the fallen dark dwarf. The dwarves in the northern passage are stymied by the wasp swarms and do not advance out of the northern fork. Finally, the darkness lifts in the northern corridor and Joan can see that way.

Order of action
Joan<----
Nar<----
Magnum(unconscious)
BigMug
Hon(gas)
Kib
Khazad


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

A broad smile breaks out across Joan's face.

"Happy Birthday to me~!"

Two arrows go streaking down the hall.
Rapid Shot on the dwarf behind the druid

Dice:
Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 - 2 = 24
Crit Confirm 1: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 - 2 = 16
Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If Crit: 6 + 2d8 + 4 ⇒ 6 + (6, 4) + 4 = 20

Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 - 2 = 12 Not likely
Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


And at least one of them slams home.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /1
Stats:
Hps 13/13 AC 18 FF 16 T 12 CMD 16 (19 BR& 17 Trip) Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+3 vs poison, spell and SLA) Init +4 Per +0

Nar shoots a fire bolt at the druid

Ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


It is quickly apparent the wasps are not following, and remain where they are. The gaseous Hon moves south, and the invisible Kib is now shining a light to illuminate the featureless passage.

Order of Action
Hon(gas) - moves south
Kib<---
Khazad<---
Magnum(unconscious)
BigMug
Gallak<---
Ddwarves
Joan
Nar


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad will try to hold the duergar from the right tunnel at bay while Big Mug and the others escape with the wounded. That requires that he steps to where Big Mug stands and Big Mug steps aside. Let me know if that's not feasible.

Grab the bodies and move! NOW!, Khazad shouts to Big Mug and the rest, while taking Big Mug's place in defending the right corridor. He takes a wide swing at the nearest duergar, accompanied by the finest of army curses.
Atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Dmg: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11+1d6 ⇒ 3 acid.
HP 34/37


Big Mug steps back and slings the human ranger over his shoulder after making sure he is stable.
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Is Big Mug moving toward the West?? Also, is Khazad still carrying Brask, or where is he?

"This way!" Kib yells "And make sure to grab the hammer!
before diving and rolling to get out of the Elemental's way and then sprinting down the corridor.
Acrobactics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 (Or did the Elemental already get it's AoO for this round?)


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Don't you men Kragg? Brask went crazy back in Garrison.


Kib is 115' exactly south of Khazad and Big Mug, who are both carrying/dragging someone and 450-115=335' north of the handholds out of the air shaft.

Big Mug stepped five feet into the west hall to grab Magnum and collect the dropped hammer. He has Magnum in an improvised carry now.

"Let's get ready to run past those buggers together, they can only get so many of us. I'll go first."

The bannerman is preparing for a dash past the two dark dwarves threatening the intersection, one with an axe, the other with a spear.


Seeing the danger the retreating Dwarves might face, Gallak sprints down the passage to the threatening intersection, grabbing one of the dark dwarves and hurling him bodily into the other.
CMB of some sort or another. Grapple?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Well the idea was to take some AoOs for the group, but that might actually WORK.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Yes, Kragg, sorry bud! You still around btw??


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Yep, Internet was down.


Gallak rushes past the dwarves, pushing as he moves by. Gallak distracts them and avoids their attacks.
AoOs versus Gallak2d20 ⇒ (13, 17) = 30

They did well, but can't touch an AC23

They do attempt to pound Khazad, but fail miserably. 2d20 ⇒ (15, 6) = 21

The dwarves in the north hall do not want to risk the wasp swarms. The druid continues to try and heal the wounded.

Kib starts to outdistance the elemental by moving faster with his light shining ahead. He sees the air shaft ahead.

Joan<---
Nar<---
Hon(gas) - moves south
Kib<---
Khazad<---
Magnum(unconscious)
BigMug
Gallak
Ddwarves


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad did release Kragg before engaging in a duel. He should be lying around H25/H26.
Khazad continues to fend off the duergar:
Atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Dmg: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20+1d6 ⇒ 5 acid.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /1
Stats:
Hps 13/13 AC 18 FF 16 T 12 CMD 16 (19 BR& 17 Trip) Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+3 vs poison, spell and SLA) Init +4 Per +0

Chain, I assume the XDDward is the one that went down? If so Nar moves up and attacks the druid, if not I'll change to Fire Bolt

Nar moves through the stationary wasps and attacks the druid with his waraxe

"Gozreh or no, you have proven you are an enemy"

Attack with Waraxe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


The dark dwarf is prone but not unconscious as he was healed by the druid. Moving there could be dangerous.
The druid answers,
"If ya be from Rock's group, then I'd think ye'd respect nature more."

Big Mug is moving south with the unconscious Magnum.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Hon willowisps further south. Those wasps tickle...


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /1
Stats:
Hps 13/13 AC 18 FF 16 T 12 CMD 16 (19 BR& 17 Trip) Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+3 vs poison, spell and SLA) Init +4 Per +0

You know what, I am doing it anyways, lets see what happens. I think Angradd would be pleased by it.


Nar Redgrave wrote:

You know what, I am doing it anyways, lets see what happens. I think Angradd would be pleased by it.

AoO 1d20 ⇒ 3 miss

Nar attempts to overrun the prone dwarf (prone his CMD is 11 so I think you need an unadjusted 7) to bash the druid.

2,251 to 2,300 of 3,400 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.