Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


2,051 to 2,100 of 3,400 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Bah. Crispy, the whole lot. Still, better to have.


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

"C'mon Gallack, we need to get movin'!"


Ya, ya, ya. You carry him, see how far you get, Gallak complains, his hampered movement still faster than most dwarves, but decidedly slower than a lightly armored human.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar is willing to carry whatever is needed, the dead cleric or whatever. He will definitely grab the items off the cleric first before deciding to carry him out


Gallak still moves the fastest, and the cleric's only salvagable item is half-plate. Someone carry Kragg, or I can do that too and still move with you. We'll head for the surface now.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Khazad's already carrying Kragg, so look's like we're to beat feets outa there. DM C?

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Finishing his scribing, he does not take time to admire his handiwork. Papers planted, he wraps his cloak around his person and steps quickly away, following the others once again keeping to the shadows.

crunch:
Fast Stealth 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 5 = 16 and Perception for followers and ambushers 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, his crossbow remains at ready.


The dwarves begin a retreat back to the exit. Carrying the bodies make running or sprinting difficult.

Web:
2d20 ⇒ (3, 13) = 16

I need a single file marching order from Khazad or Hon or Nar.Note who has Khazad and who the crispy cleric.

A single duergar with a tower shield and half plate bursts out of the web giving chase. He yells in undercommon.

Undercommon:
"The dogs are running; I am giving chase.


Ho wot, got a lively one 'ere!
Gallak knows that going any faster than the fighter is pointless; so instead he mutters into his beard.
Mind helpin' me carry this 'ere clericy type?
Charm person, DC 12.

Gallak's muttering is the beginnings of a terribly obvious charm spell, a rhyming ditty in dwarven about making friends. I'm going to ready the charm against the fighter's advance, giving any of my allies a chance to debuff his saves (with, say, intimidate) and buff my save DC with Eagles Splendor, which I recommended as a wand but don't remember if it's in Kib's arsenal, or even Kib's headband.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

I propose Joan leading the way, then Kib, Gallak, Nar + cleric, Khazad + Kragg, Hon at the end. If someone wants to change his position, just tell.


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Put Joan in the back. She's faster and can keep up if there needs to be a delaying action.


Remember, Gallak can be taking actions every round while keeping up. That may warrant him in the back.


DM rolls:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The group heads for the next junction, Joan in front. Her ranger senses trained ahead.
Joan Perception - I'm not gonna roll this one

Joan DC 15 Perception:
You detect an ambush


So... is he charmed?


Are you waiting for him to catch up, he was at least 80' behind you?


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Not knowing whether the fighter is charmed or not, Kib decides to not risk it and uses his wand to cast another Web spell behind the group, slowing down the fighter and any other pursuit.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Okay, let Gallak be in the back between Khazad and Hon then.


Is he stopped? we know he has to be slowed:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Joan's eyes scan ahead, and widen just a bit when she sees something off. Something oddly familiar. she turns her head just enough to make sure the others can hear her soft warning. I don't want the ambushers to know the ambushees have caught on just yet.

"Oh no, Desna be kind. We've got an ambush ahead!"


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Can you indicate on the/a map exactly where we are Chainmail, and, if we have that info available, approximately where the ambush is. And boy, more and more I'm thinking what a smart idea that woulda been for us to ask the white wizard chick to join us : p


Nah. Ambushes we can deal with. Don't need no wizards, asking for loot and stuff.

Anyone have a tower shield, or similarly large flat metal object, by the way?


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Why, you getting tired of carrying that crispy cleric already Gallak?? Thought Dwarves were supposed to be hardy??


The ambush was well disguised. Joan notices two large creatures with the consistency of earth were trying to blend in the wall past an intersection. At the interesection at normal movement speed, Joan notices these creatures waiting just in side the north and south tunnel of the four way intersection as she approaches from the east. The creatures can almost touch Joan.

I will make a map soon.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

So, ok, just to clear some things up for me, the reason we ended up at the original, locked door in here that we did is because that's where that's where whatshername teleported us to? And so right now we're moving through unfamiliar territory to us? Or have we already passed this way before? Because if we have, why did we pass through all these intersections and corridors to end up down the stairs at the door as we did?


You are retracing your steps after following Kragg's when in doubt, go right rule. That rule led to some tracks doing down a staircase. That staircase then lead to the door with the duergar. I do not know if someone mapped the way here or not, but I assuming you want to get to the airshaft again to dispose of the bodies. That was Kragg's initial intent in going back with Nar.


That ship has sailed. We're trying to regroup, I think.


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Yup. Also I didn't realize we were that close, Is it okay if I retcon that last action?


If the party isn't moving to the next intersection, the ambush is kind of overcome by events.


Initiative
Khazad 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Kib 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Hon 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Nar 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Gallak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Magnum 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Joan 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Big Mug 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Enemy 1 1d20 ⇒ 3
Enemy 2 1d20 ⇒ 18

Map is up at top of page and in campaign tab.

Joan is up and acts first. Awesome!!

Anyone with LOS to the creatures (Joan's square or closer) can try to ID them with a Kn: Dung roll

Know DC Dungeoneering 12:
Earth elementals, small ones.

Initiative
Joan 21 <---
Hon 19
Magnum 18
Enemy 2 18
Kib 17
Khazad 16
Gallak 16
Nar 14
Big Mug 10
Enemy 1 3


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

Drawing Longsword, Full Defensive +4 to AC

Joan skids to a halt and draws the dark-bladed longsword at her hip. No one in the party can see it, but her eyes are wide and her mouth agape as she comes face to face with the strange new enemies.

"What are those things?!"

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Hon does a quick stop, pivots and tosses his caltrops down the hall from whence they just came. Drops his backpack in front of him and props his crossbow on top, aiming down the assumed vacant hall. In a quiet singsong to himself,

in undercommon:
[b]"I know you're back there. Come out, come out where ever you are..."

A quick pat of his pouches reassures him that his potions are there. He pulls out and places one alchemical fire alongside. Kneels, and fingers the trigger.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Sorry, is Hon facing behind us at the webbed hallway, or forward towards the ambushy intersection?


Hon is keeping the backtrail safe. To use an Air Force term, he is dumping chaff. Added Big Mug and Magnum to map. Remember, the banner grants a stackable bless effect.

One of the creatures tunnels though the very earth avoiding the reach of Joan's longsword. Appearing out of the wall, it attempts to grab the startled Kib and clearly misses him. Knowledge dungeneering can be make by all now--though most of you probably don't need it:-)

Grapple CMB vs non Dex CMD 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Joan 21
Hon 19
Magnum 18
Enemy 2 18
Kib 17<---
Khazad 16<---
Gallak 16<--
Nar 14
Big Mug 10
Enemy 1 3


Readying THE HAMMER, Magnum waits for a target. "What are these things?"


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

"Argh!" Kib screams as the stone-like monster reaches out to grab him. Reacting instinctively, Kib defensively backs away, scurrying to hide behind Khazad.

Will Knowledge(arcana) help?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


KnDungeoneering: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Joan 21
Hon 19
Magnum 18
Enemy 2 18
Kib 17 retreating
Khazad 16 delaying
Gallak 16<---
Nar 14 <---
Big Mug 10<---
Enemy 1 3

Tomorrow morning Enemy 1 will act. Gallak says (I can't do his accent justice) 'earth elementals'.


Oh-hoh! Big chap, that one. They be 'arth Elementals, an' we'd best be wary o' any unworked stone.
And hit them really, really hard.
They'll see ye so long as ye touch the ground, I reckon.
Gallak, for his part, takes up a stance that'll let him defend from all directions.
Kib, why don't you see if there's any magic powerin' em, then they'd just be summoned. Could be part of a trap, I figure, and if not, mayhap I could reason with 'em.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar will delay to see what they do


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

can Khazad fight one-handed while having Kragg on his shoulders? He is reluctant to put him to the ground out of fear that the elementals will snatch the body, but will do so if there's no other option.
Khazad draws the Axe and readies it against anything hostile that comes into reach.


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

"Great, that basically means the whole damn range is a death trap."

@chainmail: Imagine having to do Gkirkhan's accent :D


Khazad clarification for carrying body. Kragg with equipment carried=probably a heavy load. Khazad set down (move action) allows you to hold him with one hand and drag him with the resulting lessened weight multiplier for dragging.

While dragged, Kragg could not be 'snatched away'.

As Kib retreats, he finds the walls yield no cover to creatures who can strike through the earth at will.

AoO 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

As I recall, the conjured armor protects Kib as he makes his exit, haymaker from a hand of earth misses the gnome. With his speed, Kib finds that he pass to the end of the line as no one seems to be shifting.

The other earth elemental disappears from Joans sight and moves through the wall and then appears in Kib's spot (popping out of the northern wall) separating her from the dwarves. Seeing Joan's ready stance and Nar is not flatfooted and looks to be well armored, the creature decides to take a defensive stance of his own.


Before the creature reaches his defensive stance, Magnum unloads the hammer 1d20 ⇒ 201d4 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 111d4 ⇒ 2 The impact pulverizes the elemental leaving a covering of fine dust on everyone withing ten feet.
Initiative Round 2
Khazad<---
Nar<---
Joan 21 <---
Hon 19
Magnum 18
Earth Elemental 2 18
Kib 17
Khazad 16
Gallak 16
Nar 14
Big Mug 10


As the hammer returns to his hand passing over Nar's and Khazad's head with a whoosh: "Negotiating with that one won't happen."


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Hey, should be no AoO on a defensive withdrawl, right?


you can leave one threatened square, not two.

current map
Is this map not working?

The current map is always at the top and in the campaign tab.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Ah, ok, guess I'm not getting a proper visual on the set up. But no worries


Joan:
HP: 34/34, NL: 0 | F: +3 (+4 vs. Environment), R: +7, W: +3 | Per:+13, Init: +3 | Arrows: 12, Laen: 16, Healer's Kit: 10
Liulfr:
HP: 24/24, NL: 0 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +2 | Per:+5, Init: +2

*koff* "Oi, Myron! A little warning next time!"

Joan spits out some of the dust that had gotten into her mouth as she turns her head looking for any sign of trouble coming form the hallways.

Full defensive again, backing up five feet to look down the halls for trouble.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

"No peace with our earth brothers? So be it then"

Attack with Waraxe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad gives Nar a hefty nudge.
"Make way, this tunnel is too cramped!"
Can Nar add a 5-ft. step forward to his action?

2,051 to 2,100 of 3,400 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.