Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,400 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Common "Parley!? They want to parley?!
Assuming still in combat round with my actions past


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Dwarven: whisper to Hon, Parley and find out what you can about our brethren and where they it be. Be careful not to divulge any info about ourselves or our main purpose.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Undercommon

Spoiler:
"Intriguing. Parley it is. A cessation of hostilities for the moment. Would you be simply seeking unhindered passage or perhaps an exchange of pleasantries with a declaration of nonintervention as we both depart our own ways?"

Gnome
Spoiler:
"What is the importance of this hammer, Kib? Is it special?"

Hon puts on his smooth merchant persona, the small talk to ease out tidbits of the tunnels behind the duegrar. The "gifted" hammer in hand, away from the dark dwarf; Hon's attention wavers between the speaker and counting dark dwarves and discern movement beyond the first.

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Diplomacy/bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

*Edit for commentary: Important rolls and the dice gen gives me lower 50%. Nice. Can't wait for the fracas to start.


The dwarves respond in undercommon, "We assumed you were attacking our guardpost. I think you probably didn't understand that you are in our territory. It takes some time to adjust to the new borders."


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Hearing Hon's request Kib turns his bacl while he whispers his Cantrip, and then turns back again, his magical sight foucused on the hammer and then of the Druegar themselves.

The scowl and question he has for Hon and how he happens to know the language of these evil beings Kib saves to himself for later


As Kib (full cover behind Hon) begins his cantrip in the dark, the dwarves yell in undercommon,

undercommon:
"Treachery."
and another hand axe this time heads Kib's way.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Kib has +4 AC, but loses any DEX bonus to dodge in the darkness.
As the axe misses Kib, he completes his cantrip. The hammer is nonmagical.


Would someone hit him? Gallak asks as the axe skitters past him.


Kragg 10<--
(3) Nar 9<--
(1) Hon 8<--
Gallak 8
Khazad 8
Duergar 3

With the axe whizzing by Kib who just cast a spell, is the parley off? With no parenthetical number in front of your name, you are packed along a spiral staircase going up.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Undercommon

Spoiler:
"Ah no. I missed the border marks. Whose terri...
Chainmail wrote:
Interrupted midstream with Kib (full cover behind Hon)whispering behind him, the dwarves yell in undercommon, ** spoiler omitted ** and another hand axe this time heads Kib's way. As the axe misses Kib, he completes his cantrip. The hammer is nonmagical.

The accusation followed by an axe whisping by Hon, even though on alert, catches him off guard. "Treachery? We were under parley!"

I don't believe Hon would know about the grease spell. Lack of magic experience.


From the front duergar.

undercommon:
"You can't cast spells during Parley."

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

undercommon

Spoiler:
"Really? I had not a clue. Forgive my ignorance. This would be my first parley. In hindsight it does seem obvious. I suspect we will likely have a few mistakes and hope we can work through them. Lets put off the bloodshed a wee bit longer? Excuse me a moment as I educate my brethren. And remove the offender to the rear."

Hon pauses to confirm no hostilities from either side.
Standing closer to the center and providing a bit more cover to the gnome, Gnome:
Spoiler:
"Kib, it might be prudent to let Kragg and Nar step closer? Spellcasting and other suspect preparations are frowned upon during parley. And... And you have my apologies."

Undercommon:

Spoiler:
"Let us restart this parley. My name is Hon Semparatus from the clanhold of Rock Stonecrusher. You are correct in that we did not know this territory was under new possession."

Next time I am playing a mute monk.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

"If I step closer it is to kill one of these Duergar scum"


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Keep'em talking hon and find out where the other true dwarves are and where their territory lies. Tis does mean we won't resume hostilities but it's better knowing the rules Kathy have then blundering around down here. If we can find the others before the hostilities ensue, then we will be better off with allies at our backs.

Kragg will take Kib's spot and have his bow out but no arrow loaded as he comes down the stairs.


The dwarf in front of Hon pick up his tower shield and speaks in undercommon, "By the Destroyer, there are a lot of you back there. It appears Dieseldep and I held off a whole pack of you surface dwarves. How many did you bring with you?"

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Undercommon:
"Hopefully enough to hunt down a group of surface dwarves that we tracked to the tunnel entrance. We'd like to discuss the terms of a prior business deal with them. They skipped town prematurely. I hope you and Dieseldep redirected them to a dead end. Whose territory did they trespass into, if I may inquire?"

Chainmail:
Do I only see two darkdwarves? May I roll a Knowledge (local)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 if more info (ie names and clans)becomes available? Justification is peeling away another onion layer of Hon. Not all clan tunnels lead to the surface, he picked up Undercommon from the deep merchants/smugglers. He may have picked up some of the politics a mountain range away.


"Nar has the right of it. Talking with duergar rather than chopping their heads off, who is in charge of this picnic pack?"


The dwarf replies, "My name is Roarforge. We meet so many surface dwellers now that we took up operations here. What was their leader's name? We will have to coordinate with the CP (that is short for command post). Sentries don't always get the most up to date information. I should probably send Dieseldep back for the patrol leader." He patiently explains to Hon.
Knowledge local will not help with deep dwarves.

Hon:
You think there are truly only two dark dwarves. Hon knows that there are some with deep dwarf ancestry in Rock's dwarf hold. He also knows that the Dark Owl had some deep dwarf friends.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

I had to inquire. Figure that any knowledge he had was too old/too far. "No" was the most likely answer.

Tandem undercommon/common: "Roarforge here and Deiseldep in back are sentries for this post. This was established due to many surface dwellers making thier way here. What was the Dwarf's name we seek? Deiseldep can get the patrol leader from the command post if we wish to pursue this matter."

Common:"In regards to taking matters in our own hands, we are under parley. And still ignorant."

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

I should be making some rolls here. Can't be assuming anything during this parley.
SenseMotive1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for Roarforge and Deiseldep


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Kragg is good with the way things are progressing so is content to sit back and let our half-dwarf Hon keep talking.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment
Kragg Stoneheart wrote:
Kragg is good with the way things are progressing so is content to sit back and let our half-dwarf Hon keep talking.

Whattha... Why I oughta... You sonova poxie-covered kobold! Good thing Hon cannot hear thoughts. One day, someone is going to forget to{ooc} those thoughts, end up like poor ol'Brask. Keep living in the glory of yesteryear. Note to self: Talk to Rock about increased COLA and emergency CJE due to field extingency as per my contract. Hostile work environment fee...

COLA:(Cost of Living Adjustment, Society expense writeoff, upfront monetary gratuity)
CJE: Critical Job Elements recently identified (diplomatic intervention and translator)
Hostiles at work: Unnamed dwarves, gnome and an axe


Hon get's the distinct feeling the dark dwarves are happy to prolong negotiations. The one in back occasionally looks back.
They repeat, "Who are you looking for?

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Undercommon:
"This is not a parley but a stall. Very disrespectable parley but understandable. Parley over! Move aside!
Dwarf:"Parley over! To Arms!"

Hon moves through Roarforge's space to Deiseldep. Acrobatic move through and he retains possesion of Roarforge's hammer.
Acrobatic1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 vs 5+Roar's CMD to avoid AoO.

Undercommon::
"Make a hole and make it wide! You ain't as stupid as RustyForge are ya?"

Warhammer: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10; Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
(+2 BAB, +1 strength,+1 Feat)
Crit Autoroll1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9; Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1

And there I go again with my awesome combat skillzzzzz!


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

New init or who is up?

When it is Kragg's turn he will take a shot at the tower shield duegar with his bow.
1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 18
Crit confirm
1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = -1

Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

No mercy unless we can make them talk.


The duergar is amazed Kragg sinks an arrow past his defenses deep into his flesh.

Hon perception DC 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar casts shield of faith I assume no moving closer to the Duergar?


Gallak's deep voice launches into an ancient Dwarven call-to-arms. Inspire Courage+1


Hon needs to roll perception DC21

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 vs DC21
+2 for stonecunning.

Curses.


Hon deftly moves into close combat with Dieseldep. The black cloaked figure waiting behind Dieseldep was unnoticed by Hon even with his darkvision, and this small figure quickly steps up with a vicious strike of a stiletto. He looks like Kib, but with significant differences--his skin has not the seen the sun.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (3, 4) = 10 Hon is cut for 10 hp

DIeseldep's face contorts in a rictus of feral fury as he goes in to a rage. Roarforge draws a nasty war axe and readies an attack as Dieseldep attempts to power Hon back the way he came using an obscure barbarian tactic Hon has never seen, but Dieseldep fails to account for Hon's stability and dwarven training. Hon remains dancing with Dieseldep in the confined space.
CMB 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Dieseldep yells in a loud voice in the deep tongue,

undercommon:
"To me, to me, they wish to fight."

The small figure speaks in a raspy voice, "They mean to kill you or dishonor you, the dwarves are granting no quarter without dishonor."


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Pulling his wand of web off his bandoleer Kib aims and fires it to entrap the 3 druegar and all behind them but leave Hon and all his other allies free.

If possible he then steps back again to give the others more room


Kib will take Nar's spot in line. As Kib fires in the dark hoping to hit the dark dwarves, the readied waraxe blow is aimed at Hon as Roarforge doesn't want to waste it before the web entangles him.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Three Spell Resistance Rolls for the dwarves

bad guys saves:
Roar/Diesel/Gray1d20 ⇒ 61d20 ⇒ 121d20 ⇒ 18


Web does not allow Spell Resistance, and you can't expend a readied action as an immediate action.

srd wrote:
"specify the action you will take and the conditions under which you will take it. Then, anytime before your next action, you may take the readied action in response to that condition."

Just let me know if I'm being informative or annoying, and I'll stop with the lawyering.

Oy, what's the holdup down there? Move already, and let the rest of us hit 'em!


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Web doesn't offer SR, just the a Ref save (DC16 I think, not sure about wands), is that what you meant?


Save DC of a Wand of Web=13.

Link to Web

Still provides cover, creates difficult terrain, and is flammable.


The first two dark dwarves are entangled in the sticky mass of webs as it fills 40 ft of hallway.
Kib targets blindly and High is good.1d20 ⇒ 6

Starts the Web in the square vacated by Hon (not centers it).


From non stairway back
Kib
Kragg
Empty web
----------Door
Webbed Roarforge
Webbed Dieseldep with nonwebbed Hon
Five more web squares

Waiting on the stairwell:
Nar in front, followed by the others


Roarforge's readied attack does not go.
I have traditionally allowed conditional readied attack orders, but in this case, it is probably not RAW. So our liberal ready attack orders against approach and attack at the same time as a caster are probably not Core. So we will keep readied action simple and specific.
Init order
(stairwell)All others not mentioned below<---
(2)Kragg<--
(stairwell)Nar <--
(inside door) Hon (-16hp) <--
(3)Kib
Duergar


Gallak ghost- sounds a number of indistinct dwarven voices behind him, hoping it'll fool the Duergar that don't speak dwarf.


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Kragg drops his bow behind him for someone else to pick up. Drawing his urgrosh he steps forward and unleashes a heavy blow upon the eager in front of him.

Someone grab my bow while I finish with these traitorous excuses for dwarves.

Power attack 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 25

damage1d8 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 11


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Reflex save for web 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Roarforge is greivously wounded after Kragg's swing and gives a huge scream of pain the echoes down the corridor and up the stairwell.
There is now an opening in the corridor behind Kragg.

Hon needs to make a Fort DC14 save to avoid -1 CON loss due to poison on the stiletto.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

I hate to say it, but I am a little confused on what this fight and our positions look like.


Map is up at top of page now.
MAP here too

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 vs DC 14.
I am unlikely to post tonight. So here is my action now.

The stiletto piercing the mithral rings leaves Hon gasping in shock, pain and an undercurrent shudder not yet identified.I thought I got the good armor.

undercommon:
"Now that was not very nice. I'd accept your offer to dance but Dieseldorf insisted first."

Warhammer: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19; Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
(+2 BAB, +1 strength,+1 Feat)
Crit Autoroll1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23; Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1
Sneak dmg roll:2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7 (due to Deiselep denied movement/dex bonus)


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

What's Magnum been up to and where did he disappear to?

Tired of not being able to see, Kib mutters a light cantrip on a pebble and tosses it towards where the sounds of fighting emanate from.


"I can't see crap with a sunrod burning a foot from my face. And I hear dwarves running back to and fro. I am just trying to stay out of the way. Let me know when there is light and room for me to move to."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar will shoot a firebolt at the front guy

Ranged Touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Fire Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Nar aims a firebolt, which misses the dark dwarf due to the cover granted by the web. The bad new for the dark dwarf is the firebolt ignites that square of web and it begins to burn (will spread about five feet a round).

Hon barely holds onto consciousness after feeling the effects of poison coursing through his system and hammers at the raging dark dwarf he is in close combat with. The burning web should be giving off light, but it is not due to the eery cover of darkness.

Kib tosses a light enchanted rock towards the dark dwarves. 1d20 ⇒ 18
The rock remains extinguished in their area.

Hon:
The failed poison save puts you at 0hp. Do you plan on atacking to go unconscious (std action puts you at -1 hp?)

dark side:
Roarforge STR/Attack/damage 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Diesledep STR/Attack/damage 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d12 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Dgnome escape artist/attack/dam 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (2, 6) = 9fire 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6Hon 1d100 ⇒ 38Roarforge ref save vs fire 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Hon's already seeing only black&white, seems to waver between tunnel vision and blurred shadow. He feels the heat from the adjacent square. "Great. Just great. Rule#1 In front equals I die. Well, he's going with me. Dieselep is my target.
Warhammer: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10; Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
(+2 BAB, +1 strength,+1 Feat)
Crit Autoroll1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2
SneakAttack 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

And fade to black.

Yeah. Once again I could've been epic. [/sigh]

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,400 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.