Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,400 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad slashes at the two lesser bugs to his right:
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage: 3d6 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) + 12 + (5) = 26
If that hit, cleave:
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Damage: 3d6 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) + 12 + (2) = 25

Ok, I get it, no description - no roll


You had your own post- don't know what happened to it. I'll make up for it.

Khazad is frustrated he cannot smash two big bugs with a mighty cleave again. After dispatching the only bug in the group with the queen that wasn't stunned and a stunned bigger guardian bug. Khazad watched the hobbit on his little horse push ahead in the space he had created and then the last of the littler bugs filed out. He decides to kill the smaller warrior bugs to keep his kill count at a solid two per round.

Khazad can step out diagonally right, but provokes from a single bug.


"Smacking bugs is quite satisfying. Like a horde of goblins they are quite considerate to have some close together so I can take out two at once."


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

I was referring to a strange law of chance where I get good rolls more often when coupled with good descriptions :) Sometimes I post from work and don't have the time for that.
"Yeah they're not too smart, being bugs. I hope I'll let you have a strike at the Queen while she's still stunned."
Khazad inches forward, shooing the bug trying to bite him with his leg.
Moving and taking the AOO. HP27/37, AC21


15 to hit AC 211d20 ⇒ 15
Khazad steps adjacent to the solid wall of bugs climbing over the wall the dwarves made. A warrior bug gets a luck hit for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 physical.

The barbarians finish off the bugs fighting the holding action that doubled back over the tunnel. Marcus directs a few of them to extend the dwarf line and they join up with Hon.

Marcus spurs his horse and charges the bug that was flanking Khazad and smashes him with a lance.

Only two bugs go after Khazad.
Two of the bugs are still capable of hitting Kragg, and one of them picks up Kragg's urgosh to hit him with.
One bug goes after Gallak.
Magnum watches helplessly as a bug picks up the glowing silver hammer and tries to hit him with it.

attacks:
2xKhazad;2xKragg;Gallak;Magnum1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17con firm Khazad1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Khazad takes 4hp, Kragg 6hp, Magnum 9hp
Khazad avoids a bite to a vital area with a quick movement, but takes some damage. Kragg avoids being hit with his urgosh, but takes a bite, and Magnum is hit hard with the artifact hammer.


Round 4
Nar 16<---
Gallak 13 stunned 2 to go
Kib 10 stunned 2 to go
Sir Wheatfield 4 <--
Round 5
Hon 21 stunned 2 to go
Big Mug 20 defending
prone Kragg 17 stunned 1 to go
Khazad 17 <-----
Barbarians 17 half stunned 2 to go
Magnum 17 stunned 2 to go
Bugs! 17 stunned 2 to go (one third of plain bugs ok)
Nar and Khazad are fighting on with the hobbit as the others recover.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad grunts in pain as the lucky bugs find their ways trough his full plate. HP14/37

"You will go back to the wormhole you came out of, pests!"
With another grunt he raises the axe with both hands over his head, and plunges it into the queen bug's carapace, putting all of his weight into the mighty blow, but trying not to trip over the hobbit in the process.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) + 15 + (1) = 29
If that hit, cleave:
Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 15 + (5) = 28

Come ON, got to be enough for a stunned bug!


Khazad strikes the queen hard, but much of the damage is taken by the magic connection to the last of her entourage. That leaves the last bug in poor health when Khazad's backhand swing hits him and splatters him over the cavern.

The queen is still standing, she stares at Khazad, and although stunned projects some of the agony of her blows into his mind and nervous system.

Khazad Will save DC 16 or take 15hp nonlethal.

Wheatfield swings twice with a small greatsword. He stops his second blow as the queens large bloated head is severed from her torso. The other bugs mill around in confusion and look like they are ready to bolt.
1d20 ⇒ 71d20 ⇒ 6

Sorry to skip Nar, but the combat is winding down. Nar still to go.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 +1 if the banner can help with it
The agony of the alien creature combined with his own painful wounds is too much for Khazad to take, and he collapses on the ground unconscious.
14HP, 15 nonlethal damage
Also just realized that starting with the guard bug and cleaving through the queen would have led to a much more epic scene :)


Khazad Grimglaive wrote:
Also just realized that starting with the guard bug and cleaving through the queen would have led to a much more epic scene :)

You would have missed the awesome experience of feeling the pain of the axe on the receiving end.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

No problem Chainmail, I can't seem to find the map. Where is Nar is all of this. Do I have a shot at the queen? Charge or move?


current map
Copied from campaign tab. How do you get map at top of every page?

By the way, there is a bug with an artifact hammer and a bug with a magical urgosh. Both are considered flight risks at this time.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Chainmail, Put it in the short description and it will show at the top of the page

Nar moves and attacks the one with the artifact hammer, not wanting it to get away (and try to position for an AoO if that one tries to flee, as Nar is large sized)

Attack with PA 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 26
Damage 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 5) + 13 = 23


Wheatfield and Marcus go tearing after the bug with the hammer. The rest of the bugs scatter.
60% chance Kragg 9 or higher on d20 urgosh is dropped.
Hammer 1d20 ⇒ 3

The Bug Battle is over. In a dazzling display of horsemanship, the hobbit chases and catches the bug over a treacherous frozen lakebed and rides him down returning with the hammer. He returns with steam coming from his exhausted horse.
1d20 ⇒ 171d20 ⇒ 7


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Kragg is at -2 hp. If brought up is the bug close enough to take a couple of bowmshots to bring it down to retrieve his urgrosh?

If so, to hit

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

damage
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


You have a 9+ d20 roll to find it on the ground. I am not rolling it.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Sorry misread the post I thought you meant that he would drop it on a 9+ and one of the next dice rolled was under a 9.

1d20 ⇒ 16 nice

After being healed, Kragg manages to find his urgrosh covered in the snow and blood. After picking up the weapon, he hoists it on his back while he rummages in his pouch. Withdrawing 20 gp he approaches Khazad and drops the money in his hand. You won this round but the we shall see who is victorious next time. Good job.

Once everyone is healed, Kragg will take stock of the situation Is anyone is willing to enter the cave. Granted we all heard and felt the shock wave, but I want to make sure that it's cleared out completely and there's nothing left to surprise the locals. We'll Tie a rope around and be prepared to haul up if you start tuggin. If no volunteers than I'll go myself.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Channel after combat 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Stretching out the kinks and snapping fingers at both ears after Nar's channel. "Good stuff that. I've give my regards to Angradd assuming I survive another couple of hours."
Hon brushes off the dark owl cloak of resistance, picks up the crossbow and inspects it for damage. "Bah! I did not hire on for toe to toe combat. And what do I end up doing? Now spelunking and 'sploring, I can do that." Lightening his backpack of unlikely to be needed stuff(wrapped up in his dire wolf pelt), but keeping crowbar, spare sack, pitons rope and grapple, pouches remain on his person, he takes Kragg up on offer. "Anyone got a torch? Just need my hammer for ice and dead bugs."


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Torch, what type of dwarf are you? You can see down there just fine. However, if something should a befall you take this potion. You might be needin it, but I want it back if you dodn't need it.. Good luck. Kragg will hand Hon the potion of gaseous form.


See, sure. Discern? Perhaps not. Gallak tosses Hon a miner's lantern and a backup oil flask. His burned skin sloughs off with every movement, revealing the freshly white skin healed by Nar's god.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

To everyone's surprise (perhaps including his), a battered but still able Kibibblepep steps forward and volunteers to go with Hon. His only question to their Dwarven leader is "You got another on of those positions?"

At the incredulous look from Hon, the small sorcerer says in a flat tone "Well, if something's found down there obviously we'll need someone with brains to decide how best to proceed next. C'mon, let's go." after which he starts moving into the cave. Hon is not quite sure, but he almost thinks he saw a slight smile on the Gnome's face before he turns away.

As he walks, Kib murmurs and gestures and suddenly four globes of light spring up around him then dance on ahead of him into the cave.


AC 19 , HP 17/20
Buffs: Mage Armor
Special:
Spells: Lv1:6/6


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

25HP, 15 nonlethal damage
Khazad slowly sits down on the ice covered in the splattered bug remains, grabbing his head with both hands as the Kib's spell duration ends and he is restored to normal size.
"Oooh, I thought I've been through everything after that GT hangover when we first left the Dwarfhold... Boy, how wrong I was. That... thing made me dream that I somehow became a cockroach and can't walk or speak, and Kib was jumping all over me trying to stomp me with his boots."

Khazad manages a smile when Kragg admits defeat. "Well maybe you'll have your chance next time when you're not stuck behind a wall."


As the hobbit brings his huffing charger back to the cave with the hammer, he looks up in surprise, "You are not really going down in that cave are you? You realize this hammer went down there?" Wheatfield motions with the hammer he retrieved from the fleeing bug.

DMrolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Gallak:
The many cracks in the cave and the sound after hammer's earthquake makes you believe the cave is not safe.

"Before these bugs spoil we need to get them to the locals so they can cure and salt them for the winter. Marcus, load some up on the sledge. You dwarves can probably carry two or three bugs each and fall in."

Bugs litter the lakebed. There are more than thirty of their corpses.

There are strange symbols somewhat resembling a spider on the queen.

religon DC 15:
The symbols belong to Rovagug the Destroyer, a nasty CE god. These symbols are lesser known symbols Rovagug goes by.


As I understand it, the point of your self destructive exploits is to assure no additional bugs come scurrying out of this here hole in the ground? Aye?
KnReligion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Strange markings, those. Best research them later, perhaps in the local library. Might look a bit shady, that...
Gallak tosses a thunderstone casually into the cavern before either the dwarf or the gnome have the opportunity to go get themselves killed. It bounces once or twice on ice before it hits a harder patch, and then...


DM rolls:
cave save 1d20 ⇒ 19

A loud bang echoes through the cave, and the sound of falling rocks and splashing noises echo up to the top.
Kib and Hon are still standing just inside the threshold of the cave. Despite the ominous sounds, the save is still intact.
Per DC15:
A continuous crack runs down the ice of the right cave wall about 12' up.

Sir Wheatfield addressed Khazad, "Your help was greatly appreciated---your courage is not to be denied. Because of your help the people here can be free from attack and eat well this winter."

He casually tosses the hammer underhanded to Magnum, "You should have told me you had this. It was not employed properly and everyone here could have perished. But I fully understand your reasons, it is hard to put yourself above others at all times."

The barbarian warriors are slinging multiple corpses on their back as the calm down from their battle rage. The dwarves sing an ancient battle chant about the Hammer and the Anvil. From the chant you get the idea that the Anvil was the nickname of a dwarven heavy foot unit of great distinction. At the sound of the chant, Sir Wheatfield gets choked up and helps direct the slinging of multiple corpses across his mount and the mount of Marcus so that they can lead it. They also load the sledge for Wheatfield's horse to pull.

Know: History DC18 or Know: Nobility 15:
The Anvil was Rock Stonecrusher's, the current dwarf king's, first command. It was known for courage and heroism in battle.


Magnum is devastated at the hobbits words and is speechless, a rare thing for him. The cocky grin he typically wears is wiped from his face.
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Sense Motive 22:
Magnum wanted to tell the hobbit about the hammer, but defying the hobbit seemed to be what the dwarves wanted to do. Magnum definitely considers the hobbit an authority figure.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Hesitating at the entrance at the words of the Paladin and the rumblings from Gallak's bangstone, Kib, knowing the stone skill of his fellow dwarves says somewhat nerveously "Ah, well, perhaps it might be a good idea at that for one or two of you to assess the stability of this cave before we venture further into it."


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

"Couldn't have made it without Kib and Nar here. Next time we're in the city, I'll have to stock up on those potions."
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Khazad points in the direction of the cave mouth where Kib and Hon stand: "The ice is cracking - you'd better get out!"


KnHistory: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
KnNobility: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Gallak sings along to the song, noting the hobbit's unusual reaction. However, he simply seems to not give a damn about how the human feels at all, and completely ignores him.
Struck by an unusual feeling and an impossible theory, Gallak asks bluntly at the end of the song.
Have ye always been a halfling, sir Wheatfield?


Magnum whispers to Gallak, "Sir Wheatfield stories started way before I was born. He had to have always been a hobbit, I think they live longer than humans."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"Those symbols are of Rovagug, nasty evil god. Strange though, these symbols are lesser used ones. We did a great did here today, and I'd like to pursue them further and wipe them out for good."


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Looking around at the group, Kragg smiles at the talk from the others. There was no resistance to clearing out the rest of the tunnel. In fact 2 volunteers came forward. Even though the mission was halted by the wise words from Gallak. In addition there was suggestions to chase down and eliminate the threat altogether.

As much as he would like to pursue the bugs returning the carcasses to the locals would do more to support the dwarves cause here than anything else. With that, Kragg starts to haul as many of the bugs as he can following in the hobbits steps. Come on, let's do as master Wheatfield suggests and get this food to the people.


Sir Wheatfield looks at Nar. "You know your pantheon. The destroyer is active of late yet I do not know why. The scattered bugs are easy prey now. They were a threat before, but with your help with that disembodied weapon and sound burst, they are no longer a cohesive fighting force."

Sir Wheatfield leads the procession down an improved trail. The barbarians have to pile back up the occasional bug that falls of the sledge.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Not really too upset at all at being ordered not to go into the collapsing cave, Kib gives one last look and then joins the procession with the others. Perhaps the following day if the cave has still not yet collapsed they could return to shore up the damage and continue the search for remaining bugs and loot. Especially loot.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Looking at Gallak, then at Kib, Hon hands back the Potion of Gaseous and unties the safety rope without a word. He repacks his unloaded gear and proceeds to assist harvesting the dead bugs without further ado.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

After the clearing of the dead bugs has finished, Kragg will approach Gallak and ask him for a favor.Would you be willing by chance to meet with the king again on the morn to inform him of our deeds and that if he would join with us,Mathis is the type of spurt that the dwarves provide to those that join us. If he asks, tell him that we did this deed for 3 reasons. 1 to rid the area of beasts that may have caused us problems later. 2 that we wished to help the locals return their area of livelihood and sustenance. And 3 that hopefullynounwould look more favorably upon us. If you wish Hon to join you as well to discuss financial matters that is p to you. Good luck and may your words sound pleasing to the leaders here.

Hopefully this goes well and gives Kib time to explore if he would to in the morning as well provided the cave is still open and not collapsed.

If the leaders do not accept an audience, then we continue to head to the ships.


Gallak takes the time to compose a charming, catching ditty detailing the exploits of the dwarves and the actions and evils of the cave. As much as he hates to, he asks Hon to come along to act out the part of the Dwarves, and has Kib provide an illusion for the part of the ants. Hopefully these shenanigans will be received in a similar fashion to Hon's "lordship" with the common people. After a few plays here and there, he takes a much more serious account of the battle to the king.


Sir Wheatfield and his barbarians follow the large sled with the bugs piled on it to what appears to be a large fishing village. On the bluffs over the village large sheep are seen grazing in well-tended pastures. As Sir Wheatfield blows his horn, the local fishermen and shepherds come running out to gather around the dimunitive warrior and his small mount.

He is obviously somewhat popular with the local human population and children are playing a game of knights and bugs. It seems a variation on a dwarven game called dwarves and goblins. As the carcasses are passed out they are taken to ice houses and smokers to be preserved for the long winter.

The barbarian followers manage to unload their carcasses just before they all bid farewell to Sir Wheatfield. A grizzled dwarf addresses the hobbit, "I served with your father, and his blood runs strong in you. May your beard grow ever long."

Approximately and hour after the horn was blown, the barbarians fade away then disappear completely. The humans singing a fighting song, the dwarves singing their war chant about the anvil and the new hammer.

As the barbarians disappear, the town elders seem surprised to see you still around. "Are you part of Sir Wheatfield's group?"

It appears a large town hall has been converted to a headquarters for the hobbit and townspeople come up to him with papers for him to sign and hot bowls of lamb stew.

Sir Wheatfield addresses the women who are bringing food, "We will need more stew; I am sure these warriors have worked up an appetite. Chilled ice wine for me and ale for the dwarves." To your surprise, Low Blow Me Down Ale, Hon's signature brew, is brought out in large tankards.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

No, town elders we are not part of Master Wheatfield's group. We are members of Rock Stonecrusher's clan from Dwarfhold. We have been tasked to venture into other lands to strengthen our people by trade, allies, and equipment. We came to speak to the lord and while here heard of the problems with the bugs. Speak with Gallak here and he can explain more to you if you have further questions.. Kragg will take an ale and thank sir Wheatfield and his hosts.


Gallak is nowhere to be found.
After a cursory search for him, he can be located with a child tangled in his beard, chuckling heartily and trying to conduct a chorus made of mostly percussion.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment
Gallak Fangbreaker wrote:

Gallak is nowhere to be found.

After a cursory search for him, he can be located with a child tangled in his beard, chuckling heartily and trying to conduct a chorus made of mostly percussion.

Hon follows the aroma of Lamb Stew. With a silent gesture, he sits with the sheperds and starts eschanging pleasantries asking about life on the surface, dangers of a lone sheperd guarding a flock of bait compared to the vicious rogue mushrooms escaping from Kragg's side of the cave...


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Hopefully Kragg does not hear Hon as he is busy looking for Gallak. Once Gallak is found, Kragg will introduce him to the elders and let them talk awhile. In the meantime Kragg will buy the next round of ale for the dwarves and Sir Wheatfield and his squire. It was a valiant effort they all gave and should be awarded appropriately.

Just let me know how much gp to subtract or the round.
In the words from starship troopers, I expect the best and I give the best.


This community can drink after what they have been through. Despite their great deals on ale, subtract 10gp for springing for what turns out to be an open bar.

The festivities run well into the night. The locals have a tradition of a dip in the hot spring to help open the pores while drinking alchohol. There is a natural hotspring/waterfall on the side of Glacier Rock that the humans tend to gravitate towards.

It is obvious that the humans ADORE Sir Wheatfield with a capital A. After the words of Kragg, when Sir Wheatfield is given the opportunity, he decides to reinforce Kragg's words. "The dwarves do not choose to accept my authority." When asked about the older dwarves that obviously came from the horn, Wheatfield tries to recover, "The younger dwarves and I allied temporarily to help overcome the bugs. The older dwarves follow me only out of respect to my father."

When pressed to give details about the younger dwarves, once again Sir Wheatfield is somewhat at a loss, "I think tradition is not as important with the dwarves as it is with you human folk. Your clear bloodline to King Horseborn carries weight with me, but I do not think the dwarves even know about it."

This statement seems to help reduce the obvious differences between dwarves and humans, but Gallak definitely has his work cut out for him. I will not make the roll, but I must impose the previously defined situational bonuses/penalties of your predecessors. Gallak as a bard can address the humans (or another, though Gallak and Hon already are making a favorable impression) and make the diplomacy roll.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad chooses a moment when Sir Wheatfield is less busy with the locals to come and shake his hand. "You fought valiantly back there, and it's nice to see that the dwarven spirits choose to answer your beckoning. I would be glad if we had a chance to fight side-by-side again sometime."
He then approaches the grizzled dwarf privately.
"May your beard grow ever long and your ale brew ever strong. It appears that the dwarves and the local humans have some common history with Sir Wheatfield's father. After having seen him in battle, I'm curious to know more about him. He seems larger than his size lets on."


Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Hon aid 1d20 ⇒ 18
I love to retype a long post again

Sir Wheatfield speaks to Khazad,"That is the first time dwarves answered my call. If you ever want to join me, let me know. The Light Coalition could use some recruits, but only those that are opposed to evil are allowed."

Before the barbarians return, Grinder, the grizzled dwarf speaks to Khazad. "Sir Wheatfield's father survived the brutal atrocities of the goblins and rose to be the greatest field general ever. His son was in the saddle at age eight, but I recognize him after all these years."

Gallak and Hon are in quite demand with the children and the shepherds respectively. Marcus and Kib delight the children with glowing balls. These hard working people have little love for their king and his government. A bug is roasted in an open pit with seasonings, and the smell is surprisingly good. The people affirm their friendship with the dwarves and the hobbit.

The dwarves are allowed to bunk in Sir Wheatfield's command post. As they enter an incredibly detailed map of the local area is posted on a stand. It is covered with copious notes in the hobbit's precise hand. The town of garrison and its multiple districts have listings of critical industries and population centers. The port with the ice ships has a detailed map of a path to get there bypassing drifts and concentrations of gnolls. The port is dominated by a fortified monastery, and detailed notes on the monastery abound. The Superstitious Mountains have detailed notes on passes, mines, and military structures. As soon as you enter, Sir Wheatfield realizes his mistake after a couple of minutes, and quickly rolls up the map and puts it in a large case with four other maps.

Sir Wheatfield looks at the dwarves. "Plenty of room here. Tomorrow we can take that hammer and destroy the cave for good so the bugs are completely eliminated and no locals will die trying to explore its depths."

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

"Thank you for this most gracious offering. You have put a serious effort into an excellent command post. I call dibs on the far corner. Kib and Khazad snore loud enough to collapse the tunnel by themselves. “ He aims for a post with a minor source of light, or better yet a level surface. Unrolling his bedroll and using the dire wolf pelt as a blanket, he sets out a candle from his backpack and oddly enough starts writing in a journal. Catching a few glances his way, he turns a bit gruff, ”Bugger off, I’m writing me mum.” Bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 =DC Sense motive

Spoiler:
Although you’ve never seen him write before, much less mention family, it becomes clear he is delaying. He’ll continue this until Sir Wheatfield has departed unless it becomes obvious he will share the command post for the night.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Anyone that asks or is still awake notices the following: After Sir Wheatfield has departed, Hon casually gets up and rummages briefly for additional ink(s), a couple of quill pens and if possible a large blank roll of vellum, before removing all the maps for perusal. Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16additional +1 for traps If asked what he is doing, he merely shushes gently "Be silent or help, I've a long night ahead of me." and with a wink ignores them. Then he briefly exits the command post to relieve himself and see if the candlelight is observable from the outside as well as observe any wandering souls before returning.

If anyone of his crew remains curious and investigates why the midnight candle burns...

Spoiler:
Prioritizing his map selection, and assuming spare vellum/paper is found (otherwise, he unrolls his dire wolf pelt with tanned hide up) Hon proceeds to sketch out a copy of the map on the pelt, making small notations referencing his journal where the Hobbit's cribbed notes are copied in full. If one of the others noses around, Hon hands him a quill to work the other side of the map or deciphering/copying Wheatfield's notes in journal. Depending on observable candlelight he may post someone to run interference if needed.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

As the night draws on, Kragg will continue to rely on gallak's and Hon's charm. I thankyounall for your hospitality, but I believe it is time to retire for the night. Sir Wheatfield, I appreciate the offer of your furnishings and accept. However, do not take offense if we post a guard. We have had occasions in the past where we thought we were on safe hands only to be mistaken in the morning. This is nothing againsts you but rather a lesson I have had to learn once to often. I myself shall take the middle watch, with 2 hour shifts. Nar, Hon, myself, Khazad, Gallak. Kib, take a shift at either end where you can still see with the twilight.

Kragg will retire for the night and get ready when his watch is up. As far as Hon's antics., not really concerned at the moment as he has not consumed too copious amounts of alcohol.

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,400 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.