Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,400 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

The hobbit seems to like Kib. He is politely ignoring the talking axe and the somewhat inflammatory comments that came from it.

"I think the bugs are coming soon, time to pick your spot."

Kragg can put people on the map if they don't place themselves. Places everyone.

There are no plants. Some knowledge of nature would be required to determine entangled effectiveness. The web spell would probably anchor to two sides of the tunnel and work on the inside of the tunnel or on the wall and the tunnel.


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Kin if you could enlarge both Khazad and Kragg that should allow us hold the front line and limit their mobility. If everyone has not placed themselves by 12 cst tomorrow then i will place them. Thanks.

Know nature 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar will take one too if there is another one.

Nar will also cast shield of faith and bull's strength on himself right before battle begins


After the sun gets overhead, the hobbit says, "It could be minutes or a couple of hours. If you have that wizard armor spell that lasts a while, you might try that now."

The tension and waiting seems to drag on, and the hobbit tells you an old joke from the last war. "How long does an elf formation, a human formation, and a dwarf formation last?"

"The answer is an elf formation lasts zero seconds as you can never get elves to stand in a straight line. A human formation lasts until the first human is killed. But dwarf formations last until the last dwarf is killed."

Sir Wheatfield looks reflective, "My father said that was one of King Horseborn's favorite jokes. Too bad for you guys he died."

Then the quiet is broken by a massive echoing of scraping noises. Sir Wheatfield blows a decorated horn with a lacquered, detailed picture of a mounted knight on it.

Know History DC 12:
The picture on the horn is that of King Horseborn, former king of the human empire. 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

The horn gives off a mournful and deep tone, and five armored and armed humans appear - "We have answered the call and serve." This does not surprise the hobbit. Seconds afterward, though, Kragg feels the power of Magrim at work. Five heavily armored dwarves appear. "Sir Wheatfield, we too honor the call of the horn. We are yours to command." This event, surprises the hobbit and he is somewhat speechless.

The Wheatfield forces will be on your left flank. Their combat will be run generically.

There is ten seconds of warning. The hobbit blows his horn and Marcus drinks a potion. Enough for a full round of preparation for everyone and no more.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Quick peek before I depart today. I can prep a bit.

Hon reaches into his second belt pouch, pulls out the elixor of Dragon's Breath. He weighs it in his hand for a moment, glancing at the surprise reinforcements, then piercing the wax seal chugs the elixor grimacing and giving a little shudder as it infuses his inner core with a bitter afterburn.
Elixor effects:

Spoiler:
This strange bubbling elixir bestows upon the drinker the ability to spit gouts of flame. He can breathe fire up to three times, each time dealing 4d6 points of fire damage to a single target up to 25 feet away. The victim can attempt a DC 13 Reflex save for half damage. Unused blasts of fire dissipate 1 hour after the liquid is consumed.

Then takes aim with his crossbow from his side vantage point, covering the others.
init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
+3 Crossbow of distance,repeating heavy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25; Damage 1d10 ⇒ 9
(+3 magic, +2 BAB, +1 Dex,+1 Feat)

Typical roll...
Alright see ya tomorrow.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

shield of faith as the first spell


Gallak stands wherever Kragg says to, likely well back from front lines. He strikes up inspire courage and draws his crossbow.


Initiative
Kragg 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3(+2 cold)
Khazad 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Kib 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Hon 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Nar 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Gallak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Magnum 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Team Wheatfield 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bugs!1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Bannerman 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sir Wheatfield points to Hon, "Get in your works don't stand out in the open."

Magnum drinks a from a vial with a dancing cat on it.
Initiative Round 1
Khazad 21
Hon 21
Magnum 20
Big Mug 20
Bugs! 17
Nar 16
Gallak 13
Kib 10
Kragg 5
Team Wheatfield 4


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad gives a hearty laugh. "Your father knew King Horseborn personally? That's a tale worth hearing after our victory!"
When the human and dwarven reinforcements magically appear, Khazad quietly whistles and thinks to himself: "Looks like he Sir Wheatfield doesn't feel safe relying on us. I must prove him wrong."
At the signal, Khazad follows the example of Hon and Marcus and cracks open a vial of potion, consuming it in one huge gulp. The potion is brick-coloured and tastes like one, too, but immediately his muscles grow tenser, almost filling up the armor.
He assumes position in the front line, axe ready.


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Assuming that Kib casts enlarge Kragg wil drink a potion of cats grace. Will have urgrosh out and readied.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Ok, couple things. One, before the battle had started, I had a plan to have Kib use his Gnome ability to speak with animals and have one, preferably a bird or bat, fly into the tunnel and then come flying out when it heard the bugs coming, so as to give him a little more warning tim-wise for him to cast a few more spells. If this was possible, then upon seeing the animal come out, he will have cast Enlarge Person on Kragg, Khazad and Nar, as per their requests.

Now the other thing is that is that I am a bit confused by the map set up. As I see and understand it, the cave mouth is is 20' wide, but a wall has been formed on the East side of it, making the cave mouth only 15' wide. So, if the bugs are large size only one at a time can come out of it (or 3 at a time if they are medium size). Then, 10' past the tunnel entrance is the berm, which has created a tunnel 10' wide, and 15' deep, so that again, only one bug at a time can come out of it (or 2 at a time if medium). Then, Kragg, Khazad and Nar are on the berm. Looks like Kragg is already put down as large size, but if all three of them are large, then only two of them can stand side by side on the berm. So what do you three want to do?

Finally, would Kib be able to create a web from the West side of the Berm, to the West side of the cave mouth, thereby blocking the man-made tunnel which will be funnelling the bugs out (thereby creating a killing ground right in front of the 2 or 3 on the berm). If so, that will be his last action before initiative begins.

When Sir Wheatfield suggests Kib cast his mage armor the sorcerer nods and says "Was just about to do that, thanks" and then calls upon his inborn abilities causing a shimmering protective force to from around him.

Then when (IF) his little animal friend comes out of the cave with the warning, he uses his wand to cast Enlarge Person on all who want it. Then, standing on the berm, he casts grease on the man-made tunnel in front of the berm and places a web across the tunnel (not cave) mouth. Finally, nodding to himself in satisfaction, he moves back to the higher ground behind Hon. (Can we see over the wall from there?)

If none of this is possible, he'll just cast mage armor earlier, and enlarge person on Kragg as his single before combat move


animal availability:
1d20 ⇒ 2

No animals were around. It was somewhat quiet.

If you believe the hobbit, the bugs are big for bugs, they are about the size of a large dog medium-sized creatures

The berm would make an inferior web anchor point (just packed dirt) - it may hold but you are learning that your group is not the best engineering-wise. But the wall, both sides of the tunnel, top of tunnel, and side of tunnel make solid anchor points for a web.

In the limited time available, a solid wall was built that has been anchored to the side of the tunnel and is about five feet thick and reinforced with ice that has hardened in the cold. It does cut in and restrict the vertical distance of the opening from 20' to 15'. The tunnel cut into the ice is roughly 20 feet high and 20 feet wide.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Do you mean the horizontal-width- of the cave?

And ok, in that case if he only has one round to cast before initiative begins, he will first cast a web across the mouth of the cave, effectively blocking it, and then 1st round will Enlarge Kragg.

That work?

Oh oops! And Knowledge(nature) to determine entangled effictiveness: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Kibs' web effectively blocks the tunnel by perfectly fitting over the opening.
Scout bug save reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
On the bugs' initiative:
Two large bugs that look like giant ants enter and are stuck in the web and start chattering and clicking.
No more ants will try to push through the web this round (round 1).
If you go after the ants, you can attack the ants in the web in round 1 (thrown or missile weapons will reach from the berm).


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar will cast bull's strength


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

For his round 1 action Kib Enlarges Khazad


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Kragg will drop his sack of trail rations in front of him to bring himself to within a light load. Come on you abominations, show us what you got.


Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d10 ⇒ 1
Gallak knocks a shot off at the lead ant, but it's well blunted by stray webbing before it connects.


Gallak's bolt hits a stuck bug, and Sir Wheatfield casts a spell.

spellcraft DC 16:
Divine Favor - weapon more effective for one minute

Marcus gets ready to charge.
Magnum throws his two volleys of hatchets at the stuck bugs
hatchets:
1d20 ⇒ 161d20 ⇒ 181d20 ⇒ 71d20 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 11d4 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 3

Two thud into the one hit by Gallak in the head and his chittering stops. The other two are wide and stick harmlessly in the web by the remaining bud, his clicking and clacking seem to increase in volume.

Hon puts the remaining bug down with a well-placed shot.

Remember - +1 to hit from the banner as long as it is up. Nar can also double the effectiveness of one positive energy channel per day if the banner is up (announced before the roll of course).


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Noted, is it double the dice or double the amount rolled?


Let's make it double the amount rolled to keep it interesting.
The 2ed D&D effect was to duplicating any heal spell - in converting I figured doubling a positive channel was better.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Effects: Enlarge, Bull's strength, banner, Inspire Courage
Mini stats: Str 23, Dex 10, AC 20, +1 to hit, damage, charm/fear saves

The suddenly enlarged Khazad stumbles upon his neighbouring dwarves and Magnum with his back and struggles to keep his balance. He is forced to jump down from the berm.
As both bugs are down, ready an attack vs. approach.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

"By the Furnace..." Gasping in surprise at Khazad's increased stature and new perspective. Hon takes a moment to reload his crossbow and re-adjusts his aim to avoid hitting his peers. Kneeling on his comfy dire wolf pelt, he wraps his OwlCloak of protection around him and does a quick scan of his surroundings, paranoid there is another tunnel exit hidden beneath the ice. Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Edit* Apparently his is suffering from a severe case of tunnel vision. HaHa. Ha. Oh man, I should've been a comedian.


Kib's enlarge person is a 1 round casting time spell. It was cast round 1 init 10 and will resolve at the beginning of round 2 init 10. Until that time, he is normal size.

Moving things along. Kib's web spell buys time, there is a nice webbed cap over the tunnel that lasts for about a six count while the first two large insects are dispatched by Gallak, Hon and Magnum.

Then the webs burst into flame and ranks of insects four wide begin to stream out as a swarm leaving a bursting cocoon.
This occurs on round 2 init 17. The medium sized Khazad, whose superior relexes have him acting ahead of the bugs, can move and ready an action still.

I don't know if Khazad wants to be outside of 'the works' as Hon has already received a tongue lashing from the hobbit for just this.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Oh, okay. I will remain on the berm then, but Big Mug, Magnum and Nar will have to move back before Kib's next action to allow me to remain on it.
Khazad whispers to the axe "Remember we have to kill more of them than Kragg does"
He stands on the edge of the berm with his axe lifted, lowering it as soon as at least two bugs are in range.
+3 BAB, +5Str, +1 Feat, +2 Enh, +1 Banner, +1 Inspire, +1 berm, -1 PA
Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 22
+7 Str, +3 PA, +2 Enh, +1 Inspire, +1d6 acid
Damage: 1d12 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 + (5) = 22
If it was a hit, cleave:
Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 + (2) = 16


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Kragg will also ready his action to strike the bugs approaching the dwarven defenses.

Ironically Kragg has the same to hit as Khazad. Where Khazad has cleave Kragg has dual weilding. Unfortunately Khazad's axe is a bit better than my Urgrosh.

Readied attack w/ power attack: 1d20 + 3 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 32 damage 2d6 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 23

AOO on first bug that provokes, hopefully it doesn't screw up Khazad's cleave: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
damage 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 2) + 14 = 22

Status:

AC:19
HP:31/31
CMD:22

Not bad, better attack roll than Khazad and 1 more damage on the first attack.


The web quickly catches fire and a horde of bugs come storming out. The bugs are moving at maximum speed with no plans on attacking, just achieving maximum 'break out'.

The twenty foot passage quickly constricts to fifteen and then ten feet wide. To make up for this bugs start climbing over the icy wall at reduced speed (the icy wall actually consumes eight squares of their movement).

Everyone in the berm gets their max AoOs The bugs stream out to the barbarians waiting to get their licks in. The barbarians go into a rage and close the end of the formation. Marcus charges and between him and the ten barbarians, they slay approximately 15 bugs, but they just keep on coming. They notice their path is blocked, and another trail of bugs starts streaming up the side of the tunnel opposite the wall and across the top of the tunnel.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Just wait till Kib finishes his enlargement spell, then we'll talk like big boys! ;)
AOO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage: 1d12 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (6) = 17
Does Cleaving property work on AOOs? if yes and assuming the first attack hits:
AOO2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Damage2: 1d12 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (4) = 16


Magnum hammer 1d20 ⇒ 71d4 ⇒ 4

Marcus plus ten barbarians take down 15 bugs. Magnum obliterates one bug, Kragg two, and Kharzad three bugs. The total down is 21 bugs!

Everyone but those mentioned above, Sir Wheatfield, and the bugs to go.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Looking at the map, it would appear that Hon is surrounded. My actions are as follows...
Lowering his crossbow from shoulder to waist, Hon inhales deeply, feeding the churning bubbling heat within. He takes aim and blows due north aiming at the four bugs in line(O6-O9). Damage4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 1) = 9
DragonBreath elixir

Spoiler:
This strange bubbling elixir bestows upon the drinker the ability to spit gouts of flame. He can breathe fire up to three times, each time dealing 4d6 points of fire damage to a single target up to 25 feet away. The victim can attempt a DC 13 Reflex save for half damage. Unused blasts of fire dissipate 1 hour after the liquid is consumed
1 of 3 breathes used.

Hon face is flushed from the heat with wisps of smoke still steaming out of his mouth and nose. He quickly scans and pats down flecks of flaming spittle from his first ever use of Dragon's Breath Elixir. "HOT DIGGITY! LETS DO THAT AGAIN!"

Edit*REALLY three 1's? I'm gonna switch to sorceror, I am just about as useless. ;-)


Gallak strikes up inspire courage, +1 attack, damage; will vs fear.
I've never smelled a fairer feast! Roast skitters! Hoho, but they pile up, eh? We'll have enough to feed fat ol' Nar AND his god afore they stop dyin!


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

AoO if he gets one otherwise his first attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
PA Damage 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Will move as close to as many bugs as possible including next to them to use Burning hands on next action, will take AoO, AC 26
3d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) = 9 Reflex DC 14 for half

Stats AC 26 HP 24/24 Str 20


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Oh hey, don't be modest, Hon is much more useless than That ; D

I don't think Kib gets and AoO as he doesn't have a weapon in hand, and he's already declared his round one action. Or am I missing something?


The words of the hobbit are now remembered:

Chainmail wrote:


The hobbit looks to the low position of the sun and back at the dwarves. "You may have four or five hours till the next group comes out of that tunnel about four abreast. The warrior bugs will be up front--they are the hardest to bring down. The bugs seem resistant to heat and cold."

Both Nar and Hon's attack do about half the damage they would have expected to the bugs that are unable to avoid the fire. As they attack the bugs the bugs seem to draw the very cold from the air to resist the fire. The bugs that manage to dodge the flames are not even singed. The bugs flail ineffectively at Nar, his armor is too solid for all but the luckiest of blows.

Reflex for bugs:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

AoO:
Nar x31d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Kib and Gallak yet to go for round 2


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Ok, is this correct? Before combat Kib cast the web. Round 1 enlarged Kragg, Round 2 enlares Khazad. If that is not correct, and Kib has another round of actions after enlaring the other two, Nar, do you still want to be bigger as well? If yes, Kib does that for round 2


Okay, Round 0 web. Round 1 enlarge Kragg, Round 2 is up. Probably want to move away so not interrupted for a full round spell. Kragg is enlarged and Khazad is not.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

I Thought Kib was already back from everyone but Hon, up on the raised portion. But ok, yes, moves back as much as he can while still casting the spell and enlarges Khazad.


link to map

The bugs have made two trails that have them escaping the killing zone. One has them moving over the wall and around the side of the piled dirt berm.


Gallak interposes himself between the bugs and Kib, holding his axe close to defend himself. Nonetheless, he takes a few swings.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 + 1 - 4 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9
AoO: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 + 1 - 4 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7
Fighting defensively. AC is now 19. Don't forget inspire courage, everyone.


Three of the barbarians rush into the berm at Wheatfield's orders as he charges into the ranks of bugs and skewers two on his lance. The barbarians extend their line to deal with the threat of the bugs doubling back over the tunnel and manage to hack another three bugs down.

Anyone that used readied attacks get to go again as they act ahead of the bugs.

Per 20:
One of the bugs just inside the tunnel mouth has a large head and seems to be directing the bugs.


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Absorbed in his own little corner of bloodshed, Gallak might be missing the bigger picture.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"There is a different bug inside that seems to be directing them. We must get it!"

chainmail:

Other than hacking through bugs, what would it take to get there? Overrun work?

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Round Three for Hon
Hon's eyes are already bulging from the adrenalin and high-risk situ, when he hears Nar. "Bugs to the left, Bugs to right and One bug to rule them all! Make a hole! Imacomingthru!" Acrobatic move thru space from o10->k10 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Edit: Crap. This is no longer funny. Do I really need a +10 modifier to break into double digits?


Initiative Round
Hon 21 acted
Big Mug 20
Magnum 17 acted
Kragg 17 <---
Khazad 17 <---
Barbarians 17 acted
Bugs! 17 waiting for the K's
Nar 16
Gallak 13
Kib 10
Sir Wheatfield 4

AoOs on Hon:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 122d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11

Magnum:
1d20 ⇒ 91d4 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 151d4 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 61d4 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 1

Magnum destroys one bug with the artifact hammer and finishes off a bug that Hon hit with his breath using a hatchet. The artifact hammer returns to Magnum's hand.
Hon dodges bugs and slips all but one nasty bite that burns with fire to get back in the formation.
Hon takes 8 physical damage and 3 fire damage from a nasty bite.
Ruling on cleave, it can be done as part of a standard action, but not with an AoO.
Nar:
Big headed bug is hanging back and protected by four big tough bugs. Besides fighting the tide of streaming bugs, ranged attacks seem the only hope of reaching the big headed bug.


Male dwarf Ranger 4/ Rogue 1

Kragg will lash out with both ends of his Urgrosh as the creatures in N8 and if it drops N9.

Power attack both of the them

N8 to hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 = 16
crit confirmation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 damage 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 2) + 20 = 37

N9, if N8 dropped, to hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

AOO: to hit 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 = 21

edit for perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 2 more if human


Kragg hits one and turns the bug into tiny pieces. On the backswing he barely misses.

Gallak barely misses with his attacks as he concentrates on defense.


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Note to self-get some damage spells that are not fire oriented. Still waiting to hear if Nar still wants to be enlarged or not?


Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) /6 Hps 58/58 AC 24 FF 23 T 11 CMD 21 (23D, 27 BR, 29 Trip) Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +3; Init +5 Per +7

Nar says Yar


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
"Where is that big bug?! Let me at it!" Khazad roars as he keeps swinging his axe in wide arcs; a wave-breaker amidst a sea of arthropods.
Still medium at this point in time, right?
Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 13 + (1) = 21
If that hit, cleave
Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 13 + (2) = 16


Gnome Fey-Blood Sorcerer/4 | AC 15/15/13 [19/15/17 with MA] +4 vs Giant type; HP 26/26; F/R/W 3/4/6 +2vs illushns; Prcp +4; Init +6;

Kib big upp'd Khazad in round 2, for his round 3 now, he does the same for Nar

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,400 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.