Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


101 to 150 of 3,400 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Lol, I got skills... Well I'm trained in diplomacy anyway.

Human wrote:

"You dwarves not only skulk around now, but you getting chincy. We been thinking and talking--two little bars of metal for five big boxes of stuff--you lazy dwarves been living off the hard work of humans for too long. How about you actually work to make your own stuff rather than trading for ours. By violating the 'deal' and showing up early I should be jacking you even more."

"Hey, like my good dwarf says." Indicating Khazad. "This stuff is hard to mine and tricky to smelt and only the best of us know how to process it! it's worth every bit of your supplies."

Human wrote:

The burly man with the two handed sword casually spins his large sword while he talks -- "Squeak is wise. One ingot it is and we get to cherry pick at least six pieces of gear as a tax for bringing combat gear to a parley and showing up early.

"Last I knew showing up early was not an act of aggression! And Bringin' combat gear to a Parlay? What are ye swinging there friend? As far as I'm concerned we've done nothin to break this deal and I think I'd prefer to speak to your king! Don't forget that the ground your standin on was won with dwarves blood! Don't talk to us about hard work! Yes I think I'd like to see the king now!"

Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Or perhaps Intimidate? :1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


"An' I don't think 'e'd be too 'appy if ye wound up startin' a fight that got some o' these lads killed."

Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Way to go Thograt! Show'em their place!
Khazad keeps silent, but reaffirms the rear end of his glaive in the earth near him and looks at it with significance.


The humans seem oblivious to diplomacy, but they seem to be intimidated by Thograt's bluster. Banner added +2 circumstance bonus to intimidate

Meanwhile, outside the glow of the campfire.....

Brask only:
Brask knows the ways of the sneaky humans and kept his hiding spot. He notices two groups of skirmirshers composed of three crossbowman each and dressed in all white 'snow suits' circling around to the left and right flanks. They are approximately 100' to the left and right of the threshold and sneaking along two small trails to what look like prepared positions. They don't see Brask, the dwarves in the firelight don't see the flankers, Brask can't speak to the dwarves in the firelight without revealing himself. If these skirmishers manage to reach flanking positions on both sides they will easily have him and the rest of crew in a 'crossfire' -- a huge tactical advantage for the humans. Ninni is wound pretty tight as are the humans in the firelight. Mabye Brask is glad he isn't the leader--does he wan't to fire the 'shot heard round the world' that starts something huge.


Sure why not.

Taking aim at the closest human Brask lets fly an arrow.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 +2 for favored enemy = 20 another +1 if within 30ft.
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 another +1 if within 30ft.

and Initiative for good measure: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Damn, dirty, thievin' 'umans! I should feed tha lot o' ya ta tha Goblins!" Brask shouts as his arrow flies.

"GET THA SLEEP OUTTA YER EYES! WE'VE GOT COMPANY!" He bellows to the camp.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad claps his hands and grins, his eyes light up. Now we're talking MY language! He charges at the nearest human he can reach.
Is there going to be a map?
Init:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 +2 Charge
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Initiative:1d20 ⇒ 16

Thograt gives the signal for BigMug, Khazad, and Neji to charge

20 words "Everyone stay close, the humans demanded our gear, let them have it, POINTY END FIRST! Here's true Dwarven diplomacy, TORAG!

Thograt delays until everyone is in range (50ft) and then casts Bless. EDIT: (actually everyone's probably in range already)

Bless spell discription:
Bless
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level cleric/oracle 1, inquisitor 1, paladin 1; Domain community 1, leadership 1, resolve 1

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF

EFFECT
Range 50 ft.
Area The caster and all allies within a 50-ft. burst, centered on the caster
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

DESCRIPTION
Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Bless counters and dispels bane.

Thograts mini stats:
HP: 12/12

Orisons:
Stabilise
Detect Magic
Guidance 

1st Lvl:

Divine Favor
Domain: Magic Weapon


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

EDIT: Since Thograt acted before me, Attack becomes 15(17 with Charge) :)

Khazad's mini stats:
HP 16/16
AC 17, touch 12, flat 16
CMB +4, CMD 15


Bless only gives +1 to Atk and saves Vs fear effects.


f dwarf rogue/1

Liriana will try to move in for a sneak attack.

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

if sneak attack is possible or not she'll be attacking with daggers, here's the roll.

Attack roll; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

damage roll (no sneak) 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Damage roll sneak attack 1d4 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 2 = 8

Liriana ducks down and moves to near the front, attempting to move slowly and unnoticed. She grabs her trusty dagger and sends it flying through the air to her enemy. She likes to kill and reserves that pleasure only for those who deserve it.


Everyone can read Brask's spoiler. We need initiative for the entire group--Thograt can roll for anyone that is a little late in his opinion--Neji has cast mage armor on herself already. Anyone want to help put together a map?

Front of settlement is 500' wide and front part of square bisected by a 30' wide double-doored gate. Covered threshold with fire in front of gate. Crossbowman went out 'sally ports' about 30'. Is Brask one of those blunt missile take em alive kind of guys, or are those pointy = lethal missiles?

Have to summarize and set up for a dramatic fight.

Liberty's Edge

Ninni smiles widely. "Ye messed with the wrong Dwarves you humes." She yells before charging any she has a clear line to charge. If one is within five feet of ninni she will 5 foot step there and use Flurry of blows.
Init1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

For Charge

Attack1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

For flurry if she can

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Standard Action: Cast Mage Armour on self.
Move action: follow close behind Khazad, really close.
She may need to delay to do so.

Neji’s Mini Stats:

Hp: 11/11
Current AC/Touch/Flat: 19 / 15 / 16 (Mage Armour)
Normal AC/Touch/Flat: 15 / 15 / 12

Spells in Effect (upon whom)
Mage Armour (Neji)
Resistance (Neji, reapplied regularly, Thograt? Brask? Liri? Ninni? Khazad? Big Mug?)
Light (Small rock held by Neji. She keeps it tight in her fist, allowing a little light to shine through between her fingers in front of her, or closing her fight to block the light completely.)

Enlarge Person, Mage Armour

  • [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Cantrips: Daze, Resistance, Light, Prestidigation
    Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals [ ]
    Heavenly Fire [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Bolts (20)
    Flasks of Acid (3)

  • Err

    Chainmail wrote:
    Neji has cast mage armor on herself already.


    maybe neji can make a map instead


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
    Chainmail wrote:
    maybe Neji can make a map instead

    I can't today. Possibly tomorrow. Maybe.

    I've cast Mage Armour as my first combat action. It only lasts an hour and seeing as we turned up 3 hours early...


    Male Human Barbarian 3

    I'll do a recap soon--we are less than 10 minutes from your arrival--group arrives--meets in firelight--more thugs come out--in that time I assume Neji popped two Mage Armors. Feel free to retract one if you desire.


    The way he sees it, the humans were trying to kill his comrades. That doesn't exactly bode well for your longevity, so let loose the hounds of pointy death :). I'd make a map, but I need to study.


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
    Jobo wrote:
    I'll do a recap soon--we are less than 10 minutes from your arrival--group arrives--meets in firelight--more thugs come out--in that time I assume Neji popped two Mage Armors. Feel free to retract one if you desire.

    I've gotta be careful with how many of these first level spells I use. I only get five/day and it would be easy to blow them all on one encounter. I've taken for myself so I can be near the melee to cast Mage Armour or Enlarge Person if needed. Also my other spells have a short range so I want to be up the front near those masculine dwarves.


    Go to map


    Okay I've moved, and I'm guessing that my actions will happen after that? Using the rolls above? Oops moved too many spaces, fixed.


    Cool map! Thograt will stick with his above actions. Where are Khazad, Neji and Big Mug?

    PC Initiative order.
    Brask
    Lirana
    Thograt
    Khazad
    Ninni
    Neji


    Male Dwarf Fighter 4

    Yeah I'm also interested where's Khazad :D Can I place myself on any square I like?
    Also, noob question: does having a reach weapon mean I can attack from 2 squares also diagonally? i.e. do I threaten a 5x5 area? Or is it more like a diamond shape?


    I think so. You might wanna consult someone more experienced than I though.

    Liberty's Edge

    K Ninni makes a five foot and uses stunning fist.Five foot brings to AC4.

    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Thug must make DC 12? fort save to not be stunned.


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

    "Ninni, should I Enlarge you or Armour you? I'm gonna drop prone and return bolts at those crossbowmen. I can use Daze on one thug at a time if you need the extra help with them."

    Enlarge Person is a full round action, and Mage Armour is a standard action.

    Liberty's Edge

    Ninni likes begin small but mage armor would help

    She is too busy to hear you Neji or perhaps just isn't paying any attention one or the other.


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
    Khazad Grimglaive wrote:

    Yeah I'm also interested where's Khazad :D Can I place myself on any square I like?

    Also, noob question: does having a reach weapon mean I can attack from 2 squares also diagonally? i.e. do I threaten a 5x5 area? Or is it more like a diamond shape?

    I've put an example for you on the map. 'Reach' is you with the weapon, 'T' is the squares you threaten. Note that you don't threaten 5' from you.

    Or since Ninni doesn't want it, if I Enlarge Khazad, there is the example underneath. This works best when you have Combat Reflexes.


    Khazad and Neji are together where they like. Big Mug is left of Liriana. Init All Thugs/Cbow1-3/Cbow4-6/leader 1d20 ⇒ 161d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    INIT Big Mug 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    Still need a dramatic recap. Map didn't completely port from excel, but it will do. White writing on gate disappeared--gates are 15' wide and latch in middle.


    Male Dwarf Fighter 4

    Thanks for the example! It is a funny but cool feeling seeing you update it in real time :)
    Khazad charges towards AA5 and attacks a thug at AB3 using the above rolls (atk 15, dmg 11).

    I don't think Enlarge is a very good spell for the moment because the enlarged dwarf will be a prime target for the crossbowmen.


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

    On her turn, assuming she doesn't provoke AoOs along the way, Neji will cast Mage Armour, then move behind Ninni to cast Mage Armour upon her.


    Might help if I post a standard huh. sorry forgot that my first shot came in the surprise round.

    Taking a shot at c6

    Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


    We should have all the intiative rolls now; Thograt-add the four additions to the list if you can.

    Neji is declining the use of up to two mage armors precombat? correct.

    And, although I mentioned Neji and Khazad can be anywhere, I should have clarified anywhere outside the campfire which is a 30' source. So anywhere outside of six squares from the thugs.


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

    No, it doesn't make sense that she would cast the 1h/level spell three or more hours before the meeting time.
    Dang, I hate it when I let 'makes sense' get in the way of 'optimising.'


    Male Dwarf Fighter 4

    Ok, so Khazad starts his turn at AA10 and uses his action to charge. Assuming the thug at AB3 is still there on Khazad's turn, he ends up at AA5. That's less than a double movement so should allow a charge, right?


    Initiative=

    Cros 1-3 w 21
    Brask w 19
    Liriana w 16
    Thograt w 16
    Thugs w 16
    Big Mug w 15
    Khazad w 11
    Neji w 10
    Cros 4-6 w 8
    Ninni w 3
    Leader w 2


    Khazad Grimglaive wrote:
    Ok, so Khazad starts his turn at AA10 and uses his action to charge. Assuming the thug at AB3 is still there on Khazad's turn, he ends up at AA5. That's less than a double movement so should allow a charge, right?

    In PF charge is a standard action. Which allows you to use a move first so yes you should be able to.


    Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
    Thograt Ironheart wrote:
    In PF charge is a standard action. Which allows you to use a move first so yes you should be able to.

    Actually:

    Page 198 wrote:

    Charging is a special full-round action that allows you to move up to twice your speed and attack during the action.

    ...
    If you are able to take only a standard action on your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed) and you cannot draw a weapon unless you possess the Quick Draw feat.


    Male Human Mechanic/14, Professional GM/3, Father of 4/14

    Oops thanks Neji... Also I don't want to seem bossy but could we put rules Q&A in the discussion thread so the gameplay is clear and easily referenced? Just means there will be less posts to go through when the Gm is recalling the round etc


    Male Dwarf Fighter 4

    Thanks Neji, that's what I had in mind. But I don't think we are in a surprise round? (read: Khazad doesn't get to act in a surprise round). If we are, then I'll just move 20ft towards the thugs and end up at AA6, protecting Big Mug.
    Oh and sorry about the gameplay thread, I'll try to avoid this going forward.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    From Big Mug's journal (hopefully not found in the frozen ground covered with blood outside the human settlement):

    "We approached the human encampment early to trade for the five crates of equipment our community needs. Negotiations broke down, so Thograt and I appealed to the honor of the humans. Little did we know the humans had prepared two fortified ambush points. We came early, so the humans actually had to sneak out to their ambush points while we negotiated in good faith because they were too lazy to wait in the cold. The insults our leader withstood were a tribute to his patience. When Brask noticed the humans trying to flank us on two sides and catch us in a crossfire, he opened fire. It was six of us against 18 humans; although it seemed unfair, we were not about to let them have any reinforcements to make it more fair.."


    Male Human Barbarian 3

    Secret DM rolls - CB1-6; T1-11; Boss
    :
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 92d10 + 4 ⇒ (6, 10) + 4 = 20.


    Brask puts a surprise shot into the lead crossbowman nearest him and warns everyone.

    The crossbowman on the other side open up at Thograt. The extended range hampers their shot.

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d20 + 2d1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (16) + (6, 2) + (5) = 291d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 41d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7


    rolls came out funny, but one hit with 16+2
    One hits the startled Thograt for 7.
    Brask is up and the man he shot is not down.


    "Oh, so ye think yer tough? 'AVE 'NOTHER!" Brask sends another arrow into crossbowman 6.

    attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Damage:1d8 ⇒ 6


    Liriana is next. She notices the humans by the campfire are somewhat disorganized,cowered and intimidated (and flatfooted).


    Liriana dropped out right? So I'll act for her. This is the action she stated above.

    Liriana Stonehilt wrote:

    Liriana will try to move in for a sneak attack.

    Initiative 1d20 + 1

    if sneak attack is possible or not she'll be attacking with daggers, here's the roll.

    Attack roll; 1d20 + 2 = 13

    damage roll (no sneak) 1d4 + 2

    Damage roll sneak attack 1d4 + 1d6 + 2 = 8

    Liriana ducks down and moves to near the front, attempting to move slowly and unnoticed. She grabs her trusty dagger and sends it flying through the air to her enemy. She likes to kill and reserves that pleasure only for those who deserve it.

    She aims at the thug next to the leader.


    Thograt grunts as the crossbow bolt thinks into his side. He grits his teeth and prays for Torag to assist him and his allies.

    Thograt casts bless as a standard action and then moves in to engage the human leader.

    Bless spell description:
    Magic‎ > ‎Spells (Paizo)‎ > ‎B‎ > ‎
    Bless

    School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level cleric/oracle 1, inquisitor 1, paladin 1; Domain community 1, leadership 1, resolve 1

    CASTING
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V, S, DF

    EFFECT
    Range 50 ft.
    Area The caster and all allies within a 50-ft. burst, centered on the caster
    Duration 1 min./level
    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

    DESCRIPTION
    Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

    Bless counters and dispels bane.

    Thograts mini stats:

    Defense
    HP: 5/12
    AC: 18 Touch: 11 Flat footed: 18 (+5 Scale mail, +2 Heavy wooden Shield, +1 Feat)

    Offense
    M.W Dwarven Waraxe: Atk:+3, Dmg: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3,

    Prepared Spells
    Orisons:
    Stabilise
    Detect Magic
    Guidance 

    1st Lvl:

    Divine Favor
    Domain: Magic Weapon

    Liberty's Edge

    AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 13
    hp 13
    Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 (+6 vs illusions)

    Mini stats for Ninni if needed,


    Thugs swarm Liri like jackals giving her an AoO.

    Liri 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Thugs w/ flanking attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

    Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Thugs surround Ninni but she is not flanked.

    Thugs w/o flanking attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    101 to 150 of 3,400 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.