Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Skull and Shackles: Feversea Swashbucklers (Inactive)

Game Master Tark the Ork


151 to 200 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Druid 1

Kess winks at her assailants before moving up the stairs to the main deck. On the way up the stairs she mutters a brief prayer to Gozreh and touches her chest around the area where her holy symbol would be.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

The morning wore on and Master Scourge seemed more intent on berrating the group that had failed at their early morning 'greeting' for Riven and the others than watching them. So the jolly pirate tried to gather his fellow conscripts where they could talk for a few moments without interruption.

Ahoy mates, well done dis morning. We gave dat lot what dey had coming and dey gonna be looking for retribution, it is. We gonna have to stay sharp from here out and watch for each other or fall one by one.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Hey get over the scrap already and look alive mates. Yall standing around catching flies like a bunch of lubbers. Whats da matter hey, cat got your tongues?


Mugwort scowled at the big man. Still, he did scrap like a goblin. Maybe he wasn't so bad...

"Me am Mugwort. Me... Me agree. Safer in group. Maybe we cut their hammock straps? Just enough so when climb into bed.... WHAM!"


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

"An excellent plan. I am sure Mr. Scourge will be lenient."

Ryzern smiles thinly at the goblin.

"They want us to react. Want us to play their game as they know it is rigged in their favor."

"Right now we are weak, watched, controlled. Any action on our part will result in punishment. Anything at all that happens will result in our punishment. The crew is bored. Hazing us is their current hobby."

Ryzern looks out over the midship.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Well met Mugwort and youre right Ryzern. I dont be saying dat we should be seeking a payback only dat we watch each others backs. Dey gonna try to catch us alone now, dey is.


Female Gnome Druid 1

"Hopefully they start with the Goblin then. I'm Kess, some even call me the Osprey. I'm usually a voluntary deckhand but this week has been strange. I'm also a skilled wilderness guide, not much good on this excuse for a ship though."


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

I am MIA due to vacation, taking the opportunity to breath between pbp posts, won't leave you hanging long Riven, consider me as having found a secret place to catch a few zzzzzs.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

A ship cant stay at sea forever Kess and all da best booty is hidden in wildernesses where lubbers are scared to go, it is. Anyone seen dat damn Duphrane or Randall? Slacking as sure as dere is salt in da water under our keel. Ifen yous get a chance fill dem in our agreement.


Mugwort growls at Kess' words. "Stupid gnome! You no see we on water? Stupid gnome got no friends, no armor, no weapons on boat. Stupid gnome need smart goblin. Or stupid gnome get..." Mugwort draws his finger across his throat, making gagging noises, "Dead."


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Riven's frowned at the goblin's tirade.

Hey, hey now. Take it easy. Aint none of got friends 'cept each other at this point. Its no time to be turning on each other.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Ignoring Mugwort, Kess walks away before the goblin finishes his last statement. "Forgive me Gentlemen, but I apparently have work to do."


"What? I not kill gnome! Gnome taste bad. THEY kill gnome!" Mugwort points down the ladder to the unconscious sailors.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair can feel the numbness in his jaw from the blows that Jape landed on him. He and his fellow conscripts had won the fight, though barely. He runs his tongue over his teeth checking for ones that might have been knocked loose but is lucky to find that none have been. He climbs up the stairs to the main deck, eyes constantly looking over his shoulder in case his welcome crew had any reinforcements. He begins to make himself busy if for no other reason than to blend in for a while so he can tend to his wounds and figure out what to do next.

He notices his fellow combatants have stolen a few moments in the shadow of Master Sourge's focus on the others. He makes his way over, listens a moment to their banter and chimes in,"Mugwort, Kess, Riven - I'm Alistair. Nice work there down below, glad to know we can work together when needed."

He nods at Riven's comment, "I agree, we need to stick together, between us I bet we've got some real talents, even if the best of 'em isn't bare knuckle brawling. We're clearly stronger together. They may have underestimated us this time, my guess is they won't make that same mistake again."


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Glad to see at least one of their small cabal had appeared and joined them; Riven grinned and chuckled.

Hohoho. Alistair? Damn! and here Ive been callin ye Duphrane. Sorry mate, Alistair it is den and ye be right about dem louts. Dey might use iron next time. We be needing to 'procure' ourselves some shivs as well. Keep yer peeps open and lets get strapped up proper.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair smiles at Riven, "Aye, Riven, any name will do mate, I've heard much, much worse ... and if I recall they weren't even warmed up yet."

He then lowers his head, looking both ways to be sure that there is noone else within earshot and whispers to the group. "I had a chance yesterday to take a look around a saw a woman behind what appeared to be a magically locked door. She was casting some kind of spell at the time, not sure what. That's all I saw. No idea where our stuff is, where the storeroom is or wher we might find a blade or blackjack that we could use when there is a next time."


Mugwort listens to the tale of magical locked door intently. Spells and magic are the stuff of goblin tales. This could be useful, indeed.


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Ryzern's ears also perk at the mention of a warded door.

"Hmmm... Well ships carry mages or sorcerers when they can. Magic can make life easier. Especially at sea."

Ryzern considers the group, especially the goblin.

"I think I know where our former possessions are stored. There is a large iron box on the mid-deck. There is no good reason for it to be there and no reason at all for it to be locked as obviously as it is. I would look there first."


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Jolly was impressed with hiw much information these guys had come up with already and pleased that they were willing to share it. He returned the gesture.

Ahoy now! Good stuff all around. I found quite da shocker up on da foredeck behind da bowspirit. It seems dat dragon is packing quite da punch, it is. A six pound cannon for sure.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Addressing the arcanist Ryzern, and speaking low enough to keep out of earshot of other pirates, "The Half-Orc quartermaster must hold some of our things as well. I've already seen my armor there, I would assume some of your gear would be there too. Regardless of where our things are, you may include me in whatever plans will be made to recover our belongings."


Male Orc Expert 5

Just letting you know I'm back so to go ahead and start wrapping up the conversation.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Jolly couldnt be more pleased. Wether a pirate before getting pressganged or not, these fellas had already started acting them...dis can only be gettin better from here mate...

A visit to da quartermaster is due den. Dey better not be selling me stuff, it is... We gonna need a spot to hide our gear ifen we do get it back. Oh s&@$e! Here be coming dat bastard Scourge. Look lively and we talk later mates.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair nods in agreement with Riven and, upon noticing the approach of scourge, quickly slips away and makes himself busy with his work scrubbing the deck and woodwork.


Mugwort disappears as soon as Scourge is mentioned. That bastard's day would come, but not quite yet...


Female Gnome Druid 1

Kess hurries up the stairs to begin her daily tasks, nodding to the Scourge on the way, "A fine day for some rope work, Master Scourge."


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Ryzern walks towards the galley, playing up the limp caused by the wooden leg as he goes.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

With nods to the others Riven took up a coil of line from Kess and quickly clambered up into the rigging lest he feel the lash.

...where is dat damn Randall?..dey gonna catch him all alones dey is...


Male Orc Expert 5

Last chance. Update when I get up later.


Male Orc Expert 5

Before much more conversation cna be done the Bosun's mate gives out the daily assignments.

Mugwort spends the day doing something goblins are not used to doing. Namely that of making repairs. Mending line, sewing patches into the sails, splicing rope, or going around with tar and pitch and plugging cracks and holes in the hull. A DC10 profession sailor check is required of him.

Riven also gets repair duty today though his work is vastly different this day. He needs to make DC10 climb checks to get 30 feet up and then make a dc10 dexterity or profession sailor check.

Alistair gets to join the goyous goblin in his task of repair. Read his paragraph above for further details.

Kess's continued slacking has upset the crew, and especially the gnomish bosun's mate, enough that she gets to spend the day manning the bilges. She will need to make a DCC12 strength check followed by a DC10 constitution check to avoid fatigue.

Ryzern's luck for the day continues. Not only is he not bludgeoned to death by large angry men who smell of alcohol but the ship's cook spends most of the day drinking and demands you drink with him (Ryzern takes an extra rum ration for the day) despite the need to imbibe more alcohol and listen to Kroop talk about glorious bygone days being the chef at some of the finest eating establishments in the shackles he gets an extra daytime ship action.

Something about Rand seems to irk someone on the ship as he gets to join Kess in the bilges for the day. See her paragraph for details.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Rolls:

Climb 1a: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Climb 1b: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Riven took to task like a seasoned professional. He looked at home in the rigging and moved about with the agility of an ape even walking along the top of the main yard.


Mugwort takes to the repairs with a sullen interest. It's not too dissimilar from his tribe's usual recycling efforts.

Profession: 1d20 ⇒ 20

While he works, Mugwort will attempt to influence any NPCs nearby, mainly through asking them questions about what they're doing.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair has only had brief exchanges with the goblin and so far he hasn't been on the lashing end of Mugwort's sharp tongue. From his vantage point on the sidelines of his exchanges with the gnome he has found him to be rather entertaining, it could certainly serve to break up the monotony of the day’s work. He sets about his work diligently, wanting to avoid the appearance of anything otherwise.

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

As Alistair tends and mends he tries to get the goblin to warm up to him with a little well earned praise, ”Nice work earlier Mugwort, you handled yourself very well. We all benefitted from your actions.” Alistair figures that camaraderie will depend upon more than just circumstance, ”I’d gladly stand by your side again if that’s what it comes to – you and the others, we have the makings of a pretty good team if I do say so myself.”

As his ship’s action for the day Alistair will attempt influence the NPC’s – ideally trying get any info he can on politics among the crew and officers, any impression of the morning’s activities, etc.


"No, stand on other side of enemy so Mugwort hides and goes STABBY STABBY STABBY when they not looking!" Mugwort punctuates this statement with a series of manic stabbing motions. "Stabbing makes Mugwort feel good." Mugwort utters this as a profound statement, nodding sagely.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Kess works the bilges diligently not wanting to annoy Master Scourge's mate any further. Working on the lowest part of the ship dampens her mood abit, but she takes it in stride. When Randall arrives below, she greets him as a thespian would an audience. "Be welcome Mr. McNally, and share the hospitality of my home and hearth. Alas, I have nothing to offer by way of drink but feel free to sip anything you tread through."


Male Orc Expert 5

Ryzern/Pollux where are youuuu....


Mugwort see wizard dancing in kitchens, wearing robes over head and yelling about 'his little wizard being magical.' Mugwort confused and disgusted...


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Ryzern talks with Kroop as he sips the extra rum.

Slight of hand to loose the rum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3. Oh dear.

Assuming i still get the 2 day actions.

1. Influence Kroop. Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18. Hey he liked the stories today!

2. Sneak. In the absence of a map please choose a random area for me. Perception. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10. Meh.


Male Orc Expert 5

So a quick run down of this day before we get on with it.

Mugwort: Passes task
Action: Influence Roll pending.

Riven: Task Passed
Action Pending

Rand: Probably fell overboard.

Alistair: Task Failed
Action: Influence Roll Pending

Kess: Task: Passed like Mighty Mouse.
Action: Work Diligently

Ryzern: Task: Is poured another cup after dousing one of the chickens with Ambrose complaining about your damned butter fingers. He pours you another cup and asks if you need help getting it down your throat.

Action: Influence and Sneak.


Influence! 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Oops! forgot about the daily action

when he gets a chance Riven will Sneak around the mid-deck where Ryzern had seen the large trunk.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Back now!

Influence: 1d20 ⇒ 18

'By Abadar I hope I get away with fumbling my work today ...'


Mugwort does a sprightly jig, dancing around the deck like a leprechaun, calling loudly to "Get yer hands off me lucky charms!" to impress the other sailors.


Finishing his jig, Mugwort begins to juggle peg legs, starting with his own. By the time he's finished, he's added a flaming gnome to the mix while crying and screaming, "DO YE LOVE ME NOW, DADDY?!?"


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Ryzern drinks the foul brew with poor grace.

Tark, could you link the death-by-rum rules to the campaign page? Internet is spotty as hell ans thread searching is beyond me at the moment.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair remarks at Mugworts antics with a smile, "Ye be a true nutter gobin, I'll takes what ye got for entertainment!"


Male Orc Expert 5

@Ryzern: You take 1d4 wisdom penalty for 24 hours and gain a 1d3 charisma bonus.

Mugwort makes little headway in his attempts at influencing someone. Mostly he is encouraged to continue his bizarre antics for the crew until they grow tired of you or until MAster Scourge or Mister Plugg interrupts with yelling and pain.

Riven gets through his day easily enough. He discovers the box that Ryzern pointed out is empty. And more that it seems big enough to fit a man. That's when it hits you. This big empty iron box sitting in the middle of the sun is just another form of grim punishment on the Wormwood. A man placed inside the box for hours would not only be cramped but would get very hot indeed. Some of the nastier boats slip biting or stinging insects or rats inside with the man making the torment all the worse.

Alistair makes some interesting conversation with another swab sentenced to the bilges by the name of JAck Scrimshaw. He is so named for his talent at scrimshaw. While making a friend you find out some things about the crew including that the bosun;'s mate, the pink haired gnome who gives you your job assignments, secretly has a crush on Master Scourge. Which says much more about the gnome than you ever wanted to know. You also find something else of interest. "'Ware of that sorceress of the capn's. She's got a nasty side to her and a nastier trap on her door iffin ye get my meanin. 'Round these parts a maic user with her stuff is worth ten wormwoods but she's the kind of trouble that can sink a fleet."

Kess gets through the day working hard and ignoring extra activities perhaps desiring very much to avoid a beating and to avoid more heckling from the obnoxious goblin on the crew.

Ryzern gets appropriately hammered and appropriately makes a friend of the depressed chef. HE talks alot and you suspect he's talking about his life up until now. Unfortuantely he does not ahve any sense of timeline and his heavy accent combined with ehavier drink makes it all but impossible to understand him. LAter when he passes out you explore the kitchens a bit and discover all manner of incredibly sharp knives, harpoons, and other miscellany. The kitchen is so rampantly disorganized and messy you only wish you had more time to go through it knowing for certain something must be hidden under all the pots, pans, utensils, and chicken crates to find something of worth.

Night Actions please. I've placed all the places you've explored in the campaign info.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

After such a shoddy day's work Alistair will bed down early in an attempt to rest and to get a jump on the day tomorrow. He knows he can't afford too many days like today, the last thing he wants is to be noticed or gain the attention of the Sourge.

As he passes Riven and Ryzern he imparts his knowledge to them quietly.

zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz


Being the sort of ne'er-do-well that he is, Mugwort will sneak!

Sneak: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Taking 20 on a perception for 24 total.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Kess takes this evening to start to learn some of the Quartermaster's nightly habits through some casual observation and some not so casual methods.

Sneak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception: Also taking 20 on Perception for 24 total.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Riven well understands why Alistair is hitting the sack early and wishes him a good nights rest. The pirate wanders the deck looking for the quartermaster. He wanted to get on her good side in the hopes of scoring a shiv or some such since he still had no coin to speak of.

Influence Quartermaster: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

151 to 200 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Skull and Shackles: Feversea Swashbucklers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.