Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tark's Skull and Shackles: Feversea Swashbucklers (Inactive)

Game Master Tark the Ork


51 to 100 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Orc Expert 5

I'll need to make a map of the ship for you guys at some point. I understand its difficult to pick places right now so im picking logically based on where you are and what might catch your interest.

Alistair:
You quietly manage to swab and mop your way over to a curious door near the fore of the ship. Noticing a small window in the doorway you take a quick look inside and notice a curly headed woman seated within a room that is filled with curiosites and laboratory devices that are unsettling to look at. You watch her perform some minor cantrip. Your sense of wealth and potential power peaking you test the door handle to see hat it is more than just a little securely locked. You conclude by the smell of ozone coming off the copper handle to the door that this woman may have used her magic to secure her belongings possibly leading to a most lethal end for any intruders.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Sorry, I should have it more clear that Riven was taking the Work Diligently option to get the +4 to his Con check.


Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Human (Varisian) Bard (Sea Singer) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +1 (+3 Trip); CMD: 13 (15 v. Trip)]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +4]

Randall will try to do the Influence action.


Male Orc Expert 5

Could you make me either a bluff, diplomacy or intimidate check please?

Note to self: list the actual rolls on the lists so I can get these ahead of time.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard (Sea Singer) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +1 (+3 Trip); CMD: 13 (15 v. Trip)]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +4]

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Mugwort stares at the man, dismisses him as not important and begins licking his lips when he sees the spiders. Pointing them out to Randall he nods sagely, "Big spiders make good num-nums. Boil 'em, yum yum! Better than puppy!"


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2
TarkXT wrote:

For those of you making shirk, or sneak actions please make me a DC15 stealth check to avoid discovery.

Ummmm

Hate to mention this but
Daytime ship actions wrote:


Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and
briefly explore one area of the ship. the PC can make a
single Perception check or other skill check with no chance
of detection.

.

There is a nighttime sneak action where there is a chance of being caught but we get to take 20 on the perception check.
.
Did I miss something?

Oh look I found a wizard! stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Orc Expert 5

No no it was pointed out to me in the other thread. IGnore that bit. You are correct.


Male Orc Expert 5

Riven gets through the day muttering obscure sea chanty's and generally going back to a routine he's already relatively familiar with. Beyond some minor verbal bullying from one or two of the natier crewmembers (particularly Master Scourge) the amiable Riven is more or less left to work as he will.

Mugwort's small body finds it difficult to to operate the bilge pumps leaving Rand to do all the work. This does not go unnoticed and the little goblin is guaranteed lashes once Master Scourge is told. As for treasures he finds it difficult to focus on finding specific things with the cold gaze of the spiders on him at all times. He gets the distinct feeling that they view him as potential prey.

Kess still need a stealth check barely does any work and the whole time she is being yelled at by various irritated sailors annoyed by her feet dragging.

Rand, as his shift ends, intercepts one of the women of the boat. She is a scarred and athletic woman who punches him lightly enough to bruise and cause the man to flinch as she laughs at a joke you make. She apparently heard your singing and suggest you might do well by them if you lead them in song in earnest tonight. Either way it seems you have made a friend.

Ryzern takes the time to explore the middle deck while he awaits a turtle to come within sight. You find two things of particular note. A large iron box with a strong lock. And several strands of thick rope wrapped around the main mast. Though the ship is kept relatvely clean the rope still has dried bloodstains on it. A small jolly boat hangs off the side that looks it could fit about 4 people comfortably.


Mugwort growls back at the spiders, trying to convince them that he is predator, not prey. He resolves to get his hand on a knife before he's sent back down into the pit again.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Sorry for the delayed stealth check, I was tied up this morning running errands.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Hanging in the criss-crossed ropes of a vessel at full sail wasnt for the faint of heart or the weak of belly. It was obvious to any that took notice that Riven was neither. He had known the ribbing would come and took it all in stride. He laughed at most of the jibes and mentally made improvements to a few as well...to use later, it is.. But when one gnarled looking fellow with a bright gold tooth said something truly inappropriate and quite colorful in its description about his mum; the fresh meat turned to him and with a serious look asked Do you know her then? All dat for 12 silver?! I remember when she only charged 8. Hohoho! You got robbed mate. before laughing heartily at his own joke and swinging off to reknot a loose guideline near the jib.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

During the evening, Alistair will attempt to chat up an NPC, preferably the Bosun's mate - he'll be working any chance to gain favor for future assignments or special projects. He won't be letting on about any of his other skills, just that he is an agile sailor ... one who's particularly alert, great eyesight, etc

Raw diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


During the evening Mugwort stays to himself. Once the night seems to have quieted down, he goes sneaking off, seeking to find a knife or some sort of easily concealable weapon to stave off the spiders.

Night Action: Sneak (take 20 on Perception for a 25) Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Female Gnome Druid 1

Depending on her success in finding the Quartermaster's stores, and possibly catching a glimpse of her equipment, she will sneak out at night for a look at the cargo hold.

Waiting for the wee hours when most of her new "shipmates" are asleep, Kess stealthily leaves her quarters to get a look at what's being kept in the cargo hold. Part of it is motivated by curiousity as well as the search for her equipment.

Perception: Take 20 for a total of 24.
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

I'm operating under the assumption that being newer crewmembers pressganged into service, it will be awhile before we are allowed to walk around with weaponry, or are most of the crew not in irons armed? This way if I do manage to regain my equipment somehow, I'll know if they should be hidden or if I can walk around with a weapon, holy symbol, etc.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Oh, and Alistair will try to get to know the others that he was pressganged with, thinking that he may have a better chance forming a bond with them since they do not have any strong affiliations to the crew yet.


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Tark, not sure what to do next? Take a night action or.....?


Male Human (Varisian) Bard (Sea Singer) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +1 (+3 Trip); CMD: 13 (15 v. Trip)]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +4]

While in the bilges Randall will search through the water to see if he can find anything interesting that may have gotten lost down there.

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Water, what water?


Oh, most of it isn't water, I'm afraid...


Male Orc Expert 5

Funny you should ask.

@Kess: You manage to find the quartermaster's store. It is a crowded place of boxes, and several lockers. It is being manned by what appears to be a reedy looking half orc female with a number of sharp looking throwing axes tucked in her belt. She is bent over a locker and as you lean in to take a closer look you hold back some excitement as you spot a bit of the shark leather of your hide armor. She closes the locker and stands up turning around to return to a work bench where she picks up an axe adn starts sharpening it. A jagged scar runs from one side of the neck to the other. Given time to rummage you find two lockers, two chests, and two big trunks one metal and one wood. Most of the gear is locked up. You spend some time looking around but the quartermaster seems very thorough about keeping things inside the lockers or cupboards.

As the day wears on the bloody hour comes. It is a time of judgment to pharasmans a point between dark and light where the day's work comes to an end and it is time for rest, perhaps eternal. On a pirate ship it is a time of punishment and pain.

As the shift ends and the sailors gather on deck Mr. Plugg bellows. "Bring forth tha lousy goblin sod! Fer slackin in tha bilges tha punishment be three lashes!"

Before he is aware the goblin is quickly overwhelmed by a number of pirates who have to grasp him by all four limbs taking care to avoid his yellow snapping fangs as he attempts to relive them of their fingers or whatever else his huge maw can get a hold of. He is quickly strapped to the mizzenmast and quickly MAster Scourge administers the punishment as Mr. Plugg counts as the captain witnesses impassively from the poop deck.

1!..

The whip cracks laying a terrible lash across the goblins back.

1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Nonlethal.

2!...

There are some winces by the smaller members of the crew as Master Scourge adds another scar to mugworts gnarled backside.

1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Nonlethal.

3!...

1d3 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 2 = 9 Nonlethal.

On this last stroke master scourge makes a point. Le lays right across the back of the goblins wide head slicing open flesh and causing him to bleed. It quickly becomes clear as the goblin slumps unconscious from the pain that master scourge is enjoying himself.

"Very good master scourge!" The captain calls from the poopdeck. Leaning on the railing "Leave him up there to contemplate his pain for a moment. And let's get on to the main event of this evening's entertainment! Bring up that worthless maggot in the bilges!"

After a few moments a pair of pirates emerge from below decks dragging an angry and cursing man in chains. He spits and kicks at his oppressors but a solid blow to the gut calms him just enough for Mr. Plugg to address him.

"Ye who've been acused and found guilty of stealin by dint of a confession by yer own worthless tongue has been sentenced to be keelhauled slowly until the ship has made one round. Any words from the convicted before the sentence is administered!"

The bedraggled and malnourished man looks up at Mr. Plugg. "Aye! A curse! A curse on ye and yers! May yer sins come take you on the shores of the hells itself! May ye get exactly what ye ask and have it ripped from ye by besmara's own claws!" Another blow and the man coughs as a rope is tied around his wrists.

Several pirates including Mr. Plugg and master scourge have hold of the rope and they throw the man overboard. The ship turns and the men pull on the rope dragging the man underneath the boat slowly. They drag him against the hull and Mr. Plugg in particular seems to be enjoying the punishment. The man screams briefly before the rope is pulled again and he is dragged underwater. After what seems like a long time darkness has fallen adn the bloodied, bloated mess of the man is pulled up. Cut to ribbons, drowned, and very much dead his remains are unceremoniously given to the sharks. Justice, or at least a mockery of it, done. Mugowrt is untied from his post and left to lie there by the mizzenmast ignored.

With night fallen the evening meal is brought up and the rum ration given out (giving you a 1d3 ⇒ 1 charisma bonus but a 1d4 ⇒ 1 wisdom penalty for 24 hours).

You can make your night actions now if you wish or keep the ones you ahve if you already posted one.

Eventually a red headed woman approaches the unconscious goblin. Looking about her she adjusts her tricorne hate and kneels over him. She whispers and touches a choker about her neck before tentatively touching the wound on the back of his head. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage healed.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair will stick with his night action, and he'll gladly take his rum ration. He's not a healer but is there any comfort that he can offer Mugwort?


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2
Tarkxt wrote:
.....adjusts her tricorn hate...

So she is Tea party then? <rim shot>

@Alistair. He might welcome some of your rum ration.

Ryzern watches not the torture and murder but rather the crew. Noting who fears, who is disgusted, and who excited by the blood. The first group is dismissed from his mind the last marked as people to avoid, and the middle group as people to watch.

Are we forced to drink? Ryzern will dispose of his ration if he can. I imagine Fishguts could find a use for it if nothing else.
.
Can we try a spellcraft to ID what the flame haired lady did? If so, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17.

First night action.
Influence: Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. Ryzern spends the evening telling tall tales with Fishguts as he 'helps' me drink my ration. Sigh


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0
Ryzern wrote:


@Alistair. He might welcome some of your rum ration

Good thought! Elwyn tries to comfort Mugwort by bringing his rum to his lips.


Male Orc Expert 5

Ryzern would have been around boats long enough that disposing, tipping, or giving away your ration is punishable by three lashes. Yes, apparently we take our alcohol seriously here.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Kess looks on as Mugwort is whipped. She winces with each crack of the whip, but looks on without a care for the pitiful creature. When the prisoner is keelhauled, she mutters a quiet prayer to Gozreh under her breath and doesn't look when they reel the body back in.

However, she casts a dark look at the red-headed woman as she tends to the unconscious Mugwort. It would appear that fortune favors the filthy. I doubt the creature would return the favor if given the chance.

Disregard my trip to the hold. I just wanted to get an idea where my equipment was.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Should I roll for sneak?


Male Orc Expert 5

Yes at night you definitely must since people are all over the boat and move about essentially at random as drunken carousing and game playing goes on.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Ok, here goes...

Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Riven watched stoically while the two were punished. He'd been under the lash enough times that if the gobbo didnt deserve it he wouldve felt sorry for him...d'oh truth be told me dont know for sure if he did deserve it... The other man most certainly did. Stealing from a shipmate...wether dey be a scurvy pirate or no... was unforgivable or at least getting caught was. He for one, would never be caught even if that meant not doing it in the first place.

With a delicious bowl of stew in one hand and his rum ration in the other; Riven will avoid doing anything that will cast suspicion on himself...anybody feeling frisky after watching dat lashing just for shirking and a keel hauling dat began with a real soundin curse is a gods damn fool and most likely a land lubber. First day, it is; time to keep da head down and let da waters get smooth before rocking da boat... If possible he will try to sidle up to any of the other poor bastards that got shainghai'd in Port Peril with him...it do be high time to make a few friends at least...cant trust these long termers on here yet...

Duphrane right? What dey got you doing? I dont see much but sea up in da rigging, see?

It couldve been the rum or it could just be that Riven always tries to make light of even the worst situations but he smiled genuinely at his pun and maybe just to spite being a slight step above a slave.

And you Ryzern? Give us da story on what happened to da leg man. Suren it be a good one. Maybe not as good as one I heard one time but good none da less.

I was in a tavern called da Crusty Crab of all things; when dis gnarly ole man came clumping in on his peg leg. Why he had a hook hand to boot and a patch o'er his eye, he did.

When he ordered a mug of rum de lard ass of a bartkeep told him 'ifen ye share ye tale on how ye got your peg leg, hook hand and eye patch da drink is on da house'

Dat ole man spit to da floor and said 'Dat's a deal mate! On me first day as a scurvy pirate I got washed o'erboard and a toothy shark ate me leg so I gots dis peg. And on me second day I gots into a duel with bastard of a bosun and he cut off me hand and I gots dis hook. And on me third day I looked up into da blue sky and a damn pigeon sh!t right in me eye!'

We was all laughing right heartily, we was. Da barkeep frowned and asked 'how in da Nine Hells did bird sh!t ruin your eye?!' and with a toothless grin and a wink dat gnarly sailor said 'Why it be me first day wit me hook!'

Oh how we laughed and truth to his word da barkeep filled dat man with rum, he did.


Mugwort came awake with a groan. In his mind he added the death of the lash-wielding devil as his first order of business once he got his gun back. He reached back and felt the scores on his back. He snarled and realized he was in a sling of some sort. Curling up, he takes a nap while he waits for the pain of his wounds to lessen.

If I can still sneak around and have my wounds healed by morning I will. If sneaking prevents me from healing, I'll just go straight to bed and sneak another day.

Edited to reflect the kindness of shipmates!


Male Human (Varisian) Bard (Sea Singer) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +1 (+3 Trip); CMD: 13 (15 v. Trip)]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +4]

Randall will join the mysterious woman and Allister looking over the unconscious Mugwort. "The names Randall, friends call me Rand." Looking the woman over "You know I could help you with that if I could find my gear." Then to Allister "Let's get him below and into a hammock to rest" Grabbing the goblin underneath his shoulders he waits for the other man to grab his feet.
that evening Randall will do the Entertain action leading the crew in song.
Perform (sing) check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Tark, can Randall use his Sea shanty ability to overcome fatigue from the work details?


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2
TarkXT wrote:
Ryzern would have been around boats long enough that disposing, tipping, or giving away your ration is punishable by three lashes. Yes, apparently we take our alcohol seriously here.

[ooc]Understand there is a penalty for avoiding the ration but are we watched or limited in movements to ensure we actually drink? Perception to note spies 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17. If so Ryzerm will drink, but if we are not watched then Ryzern will go to the head. Use his ring to cast prestidigitation (Verbal and somatic only. Grants ability to do minor magic for an hour) and then use said minor magic to vanish the rum over the course of 15 or 20 minutes. If I can manage it I will do the 'lower the level in my glass, raise the level in yours' trick to add a tenth of my ration to that of each of nine different people. These people will be the most drunk I can easily find. I will drink the last tenth which should be about a shot.

If I can't manage that trick then I will simply slowly clean and dry the drinking vessel over the course of the hour. Again less than 10% of the rum is ingested.
If that is beyond the cantrip, though I think it is kosher we have all seen the vanishing milk and finger drinking tricks, then Ryzern will find a place to spill and then instantly clean the spilled rum.[ooc]

Jolly wrote:


"And you Ryzern? Give us da story on what happened to da leg man. Suren it be a good one. Maybe not as good as one I heard one time but good none da less."

The quiet man seems somewhat put out by your question but tells the story nontheless.

"Oh my story is nowhere near as good as yours. It was years ago. I was travelling as a supercargo on the Wyverns Tail out of Elander. The wind was good and we were making good time for a tub loaded with lumber.
Not sure what happened. Must have been late at night. Clear skies, calm sea, running by moonlight before a steady wind. All of a sudden she rolles to port and goes right over. I remember hearing the mainmast snap as it hit the water. Somehow the cargo must have shifted, or something. Anyway I woke up lying on the ceiling of the crew cabin. Seawater rushing in through the open door. Crew panicking, praying. I dove through that door and pulled myself through. I remember seeing the ship above me still turning as she sank.
Next thing I remember it's a week later, I'm on a fishing scow out of Port Peril and they are removing what was left of my leg. Seems one of our toothed friends took a taste. I still wonder why they didn't come back for more."


Male Orc Expert 5

Ryzern easily determines the woman cast a simple cure light wounds spell on the fallen goblin healing the majority of his more severe injuries but not quite reliving the bruising or the pain.

Satisfied with her work she turns and flashes a coy smile at Master Scourge who scowls at the woman before she goes off to find herself some entertainment. She joins the others in some drinking and swearing if you do not approach her.

@Ryzern(Influence shenanigans): You can still get caught. People don't tend to watch other people. But things get noticed, rumors spread, you might simply be caught by surprise by the ships sorceress. It's a crowded boat. Any of those things you just suggested would work. But you'd need to make a DC10 stealth check to ensure absolute privacy. Ambrose seems predisposed drinking with the quartermaster as described in the post to Kess above.

1d100 ⇒ 88
Alistair(Sneak): You spend some time trying to find a good place to look around when you spot the half orc (detailed above to Kess) leaving the quartermasters store with a big mug of rum in her hand. She's humming a sea chanty and passes by you giving a toothy and scary looking grin before moving on. Your heart quickens as she turns the corner to head to he room when you realize she has left the door unlocked. Giving her a couple of minutes to come back you decide she must have forgotten and slip insde. (See post above to kess about the quartermaster's store for details on what's within.

Kess and Riven: What will your night actions be then?

@Mugwort: Mugwort finds it difficult to sleep with the other pirates setting up hammocks around him so he rolls out of it to do a bit of exploring. Within the main hold he finds a great number of footlockers lined up against the wall. A few are open and empty on the end but most are closed and appear to be securely locked with poor and rusted locks. You spot your tormentor at the fore of the hold with a pair of his cronies enjoying a game of cards laughing as they gamble the night away.

@Rand: I'm going to say yes but such efforts would expend all your rounds of bardic music if used in such fashion. Each fatigued or exhausted member would be allowed a new check and to expediate things let's just say you kept going to ensure they made their checks eventually. You try to entertain the crew but it's nothing they haven't hear before. The shanty is one they've heard a million times before and though they gather round and sing for the hell of it you make no particular impressions.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Sorry - might be some confusion - the sneak was to give Mugwort some rum to comfort him. A little farther above I had intended to influence NPCs, preferably the bosun's mate, in the hopes of better working arrangements down the road. I'm happy with this, could see it as an opportunity as I make my way to the crews quarters, leaving me no time to properly chat people up, up to you.


Male Orc Expert 5

I'll leave it up to you t decide whic if you do decide to influence you'll have to make another roll (diplomacy, bluff or intimidate) to influence the bosun's mate. When you said sneak I assumed it was your night action and you were simply giving the beat up goblin some of your rum to dull the pain (eventhough he gets his own). In the future when announcing your actions (everyone) be specific about which one specifically you are doing. Describing your action is great an all but if you leave me to guess based on that your mileage will vary. This is eespecially true if I have to go back up and try to find posts. So it may jut work to hold off on announcing actions until I call for them so I'm not scrolling about hunting for them. Thanks.


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Right then. Hey Rocky, watch me pull a Rum Ration out of this hat! Stealth to avoid observation 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15. Ha! No rum for the wizard.
With the abject failure influencing Fishguts this concludes day one. Good night and good luck!

Sipping his ration over the course of an hour Ryzern finally retires to find what sleep he can in wherever the powers that whip decide to let him sleep.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Very sorry about the confusion, will wait next time, wasnlt sure if I'd be afk for a while and didn't want to slow things down. I'll take the sneak and exploration. If it looks like I have enough time to do more than rummage I'll look to see if there is anything not immediately locked up, misplaced, on the floor etc., then quickly get out of there.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Alistair makes his way to the crews quarters, chats up some of the others and nods off to sleep.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Satisfied knowing where her equipment is being kept, Kess stays in her hammock planning a way to liberate them from the quartermaster.

Who am I sharing crew quarters with? Or is the entire crew in one area (besides the Bosun, quartermaster, etc)?


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Perplexed that the one called Duphrane had ignored his questions Riven listened to the peg legged man's tales with interest just glad to be talking to someone that wasn't ribbing him.

N'ah mate. You story be much better, it is. Its an honest one and dose be da best kind. I always figured dat ole sailor was half jesting anyways...dis be a man I can trust, da first one in dis nest vipers, it is...Not wanting to pess the man further he leaves him alone for a spell as he wanders the ship's deck. He wanted to see what all was about to see.

Night action is to Sneak around the bow of the Wormwood.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Perception: 20 + 4 = 24

That done he'll mingle a bit longer before slipping into a hammock for some rest.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0
Riven 'Jolly' Roger wrote:
Perplexed that the one called Duphrane had ignored his questions Riven listened to the peg legged man's tales with interest just glad to be talking to someone that wasn't ribbing him.

Sorry man, completely missed it, was reading from a tablet for a while.

As Alistair gets back from hi sneak about the ship he listens intently to Riven's tale ... and realizes its the first time he's genuinely smiled in a long while. Betweeen the rum and Riven maybe things won't be too bad.

"Swabbing the decks of all things." He responds to his question. "On my knees like some wench. At least I've got it better than those two in the bilge."

They continue chatting for a while, Riven's outlook on things the about the only respite on this vessel. Alistair notes that Riven too is very nimble, they could work well together. He waits on telling him about what he's seen though, trust may come in time.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Riven smiled ear to ear when Duphrane finally spoke up...dis lad be way too serious, he is...den again most souls aint use to being mickeyed into service and all... and roared with laughter at the man's remarks the rum clearly having an effect.

Hohoho!..ohohoh...like some wench indeed...Hah! You right d'oh. Feck being in dem bilges all damn day. A man would have to have gills to survive down dere.

...ok so now maybe two stout hearted fellas when da time comes down to it...one day and making headway...good damn day Riven me boy...damn good day...


Mugwort growls low when he sees the scourge-wielding bugger. His blood rises as he thinks of what terrors he could do to the man, but he forces himself to creep slowly back to his cabin and sleep until morning, letting his welts and scratches heal. Tomorrow he would need his strength...

Tark:
So, did I have any luck in finding a weapon to fend off the spiders?


Male Orc Expert 5

Ryzern gets to bed on time and goes to sleep without much trouble in the crowded hold where the majority of the crew sleeps.

Mugwort does not find any immediate weapons to use against the spiders. But then that's only because one crew member throws a kick in your direction when you pick up one of the footlockers and test its heft and grip to squash things with.

Alistair finds that nearly everything is locked up quite tight. However the locks themselves are not of that good of quality and can probably be picked if someone skilled enough had the proper tools at hand to do it.

Before Riven goes to bed he snoops around the fore deck for a bit. his raised deck stands some 10 feet above the main deck, immediately behind the bowsprit, which is shaped like a rearing dragon. The foremast rises 30 feet above this deck. Tucked away behind the dragon in such a way as it enters the back of its head and is just short of protruding out of its mouth is a canvas covered thing. You peak under the cover and keep yourself from whistling as you spot a six pound cannon hidden underneath. A nasty surprise that redefines the term dragon's fire.

Morning comes and most of the crew rouses early to get to work before they are forced by whip and hot air to do so. Moat of the crew drags itself up the stairs however you notice a handful of them smiling maliciously and glaring in your direction as they loiter about them.


male Human Rogue (Pirate) 1

Rollingo ut of his hammock with a wide stretching yawn and a typical hawking oyster spit to the planking; Riven scratched at his beard and upended a bucket of seawater over his head. Making his way with the others towards he noticed the gang waiting by the stairs...it dont take no wizard to figure out what dese louts be wanting...no sir it dont... Being one of the brawnier of the group he stepped to the fore.

Look alive lads! It look like da welcoming commmitte finally be here to show us to first class all proper like. Aint dat right boys? Its a gonna be all bacon and silver spoons for da rest of da trip now huh?


Mugwort awakens to the sound of the others rousing and swings out of his hammock, stretching his back. The wounds from the day before are mostly healed, but he scowls when he realizes that he's still on the ship. He joins the line of swabs heading to the deck.

Seeing the longshanks rope-climber from yesterday talking to the glaring sailors, he slips into the shadows and attempts to sneak to the rear of the glaring soldiers, just in case trouble starts.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Male Human Universalist Wizard 2

Ryzern wakes from a light sleep at the first sound. Moving with the mass of sailors he stops short when he sees the group of smiling sailors.

"Gentlemen, ladies..."

Ryzern waits for an explanation or a beating.


Male Half-Elven Swashbuckler Lvl1 HP 9/9 INIT+4 AC 16 CMB+2 CMD+16 Rapier (+5 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 Saves: F+0 R+6 W+0

Alistair slowly pulls himself out of a deep sleep. He stands, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. He Notices the group of men that have formed and his newly pressed shipmates. He stands beside Riven, and nods "Mornin, what 'ave we here?".

He surveys the room for potential improvised weapons, a chain or length of thick rope perhaps? He readies himself for anything but takes care not to have such an aggressive stance as to invite trouble.


Female Gnome Druid 1

Kess stays silent as she gets down from her hammock with a look of annoyance. I knew this was coming eventually. This ship is little more than a floating prison, and our press gang welcome has been somewhat tame thus far.
Prepared for what's coming, she cracks her knuckles.

51 to 100 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Skull and Shackles: Feversea Swashbucklers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.