Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Skull and Shackles: Besmara's Harpies (Inactive)

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP!


201 to 250 of 887 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

Well he diden't shiv me so I suppose thats progress!


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Err, I just realized Siera doesn't have anything to gamble with (no cash, items, etc.). So she'll probably just watch over Lorn as she sleeps to make sure no one tries any funny business.


Male Orc Expert 5

Very well. Can Rorgrim put up the 5 copper ante? In either money or stuff?


Sorry. I missed this update!

I have a plug o' me Shoanti Barbarian chew to bet.


Male Orc Expert 5

Begrudgingly the three other sailors allow him to place his bet but only on the one hand. Soon the first hand is underway and the game commences.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Rorgrim gets crushed. With a sneer the "one eyed" gnome conchobar laughs as he drags the pile of worn coins and even your chew away from you. Irritated by your lack of funds and even less skill you're driven away from the table leaving the pirates to heir "honest" game.


Rorgrim mumbles as he leaves the table. Ye better not bite th' hand that feeds ya.

He then heads to his sleeping quarters to check on Lorn.


Male Orc Expert 5

With the night over the group eventually gets to bed hoping that the next day proves to be somewhat more merciful.

The next day as you go to receive your duties from the bosun's mate one of the crew comes up from below deck pale as a ghost. He slinks his way quietly to Mr. Plugg who gives him an ugly look before the man speaks quietly to him. With a look of surprise he turns and spots the group and then his expression goes from a scowl to a sadistic sneer.

He points at the group. "You, you and you! Your turn in the bilges! There's a tiny rat waitin on ye!"

His orders given he strides away leaving the bosun's mate to shrug as she doles out duties intended for you on other crew members.


Rorgrim looks at his friends. Well...let's git to it.

He heads to his footlocker and finds the fine hand axe Mumbata gave him.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

"Ok boss mon, aye beh un it." Mumbata heads down to his footlocker and retrieves a few potions, and carefully placing them in his belt pouch heads down to the entrance seeing the dwarf already there with the gleaming axe Mumbata nods approvingly. "Ah see have da' sum idea, um surprised jah uin't bun able da fund any sharpie un da kitchen."


'Tis killin' time me matey. We about t' be seein' what this fine axe can do. Be th' others gettin' ready?


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

"Anything for a break from the usual work hard to keep the slaves from conspiring until one drops from fatigue." Shrugging/flexing her back in remembrance, she keeps to the shadow of the tall folk following them into the sleeping cabin to retrieve her hand-crafted sling. Gripping the knotted macrame, she keeps an eye out for possible missiles. "shoulda saved the potato anchorbits from last night, almost lost a tooth..."

Shifty eyes back and forth, she ties it as a decorative sash with a belted knot. No one likes an armed slave.

Quote:
Rorgrim, "Tis killin' time me matey. We about t' be seein' what this fine axe can do. Be th' others gettin' ready?

Stepping out of the dim corner claimed by her, "Right here. Got any petrified apples in the galley?"


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

Sylvestra follows the others, considering her own options. She had no doubt this 'rat' was going to be far worse than what was hinted at. Not much to be done now, though. Selecting a few components from her pouch, she stows them on the inside of her hat, keeping the pouch itself locked away. "Now for a weapon." As shoe moves, she keeps an eye out for something to use as a club. Seeing Rorgrim pull out an axe, she gives him a smile. "I see your prepared at least."


Female Human Cleric 1

Rhialla keeps the mace provided by Mumbata close at hand as she joins the others, her signature grin and a twinkle in her eyes as she whispers a fierce prayer to Besmara to a well fought battle.

"Let's show 'em they bit off more than they can swallow."


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

Seeing the scared cleric, Mumbata flashes a ivory white smile. "Gud da' see ja Rhialla, nuw ah we be waiting un be Sierra. Since we moight be durn ah luttel bit uh futing, ut muight be ah gud idea da' kunw if jah guts uny special skills. Muh self, ah be hundy with da spear, harpoon and muh fists. Un I kunw about sum potions, un what not."


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Siera smiles when meeting the others.

Heya, mateys! Care to stomp a few bilge rats?

She keeps an eye out for Lorn, almost inconsciously trying to protect the halfling.


Male Orc Expert 5

Going down into the bilges you arm yourselves to kill vermin as best you can. Within moments you find yourselves in the steamy smelly bottom of the ship none here but the sounds of the ocean beyond.

Last chance for a touch of prep before the bad happens. Will update tomorrow.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

"Mak me jah servant o' gods, un help meh da be strung."

Mumbata uncorks a small wooden bottle that was tied on a sling around his neck amid several wooden holy symbols and quickly downs the thick slimy substance. Uttering a final prayer, Mumbata's muscles seem to swell up. Suddenly the once heavy mace that he was carrying, no longer seems so big. Gripping it in two hands he peers into the gloom of the bilge looking for the "rat".

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Tark, Is the bilge big enough for a large character via Enlarge Person? Mumbat has also used his Mutagen for the day. +4 Strength, +2 AC, -2 Intel


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

"If you don't mind a little participation from the back, I can provide one of you with a little protection for now. Though I'll just stay near the stairs in that case."

No one has armor at this point, right? If not, Sylvestra will cast Mage Armor on one of the front liners. I'll let you decide who will probably be having the fun.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

Noone has armor right now current AC for front liners


I am AC 10, but have HP buffer.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female Human Cleric 1

Rhialla utters a few words, touching her birthmark as she does. The air around her seems to pulse for a moment, the sound of a throaty chuckle almost audible.

"I'm good"

Cast protection from Evil AC at 15


Male Orc Expert 5

Mumbata can get large. However Mumbata would remember that the ceiling is covered in nasty spiders. So unless he'd like to be bitten around the face and ears by angry spiders it may be prudent to hold off.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

Mumbata is wise, and does not like spiders, so will remain medium size.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

So Sierra then for the Mage Armor looks like.


Male Orc Expert 5

The steaming of the bilges and the crowdedness in here makes the bilges a miserable sauna. Fortitude saves DC14 to avoid 1d4 points of nonlethal damage please.

As you descend the ladder a deep sense of forboding overtakes you. It would seem silly to send six armed people into the bilges over one rat. Granted the extreme heat and cruel treatment of the officers thus far does not leave that outside the realm of possibility. As you resolve to at least get a few rat bodies to pile you look around trying to squint through the this steam trying not to drown in the sheer humidity.

That's when you notice the movement just out of the corner of your eyes...

Dire Rat's initiative: 15.3

Groups Initiative:
Rorgrim 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Mumbata 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Lorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Sylvestra 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Rhialla 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Siera 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Groups Initiative:11.3

Though alerted to their presence before they attack the huge dog sized rats leap from the water in anger at the invasion of their terrotory seeking blood and flesh. They easily sink their teeth into the meats of many of you as caught off guard by the sudden ferocity as you are. Lorn lifts an arm in defense only to have the rat sink its teeth deep into her arm as it scrabble to reach her throat 3 damage. Rhialla is not much better off as the creatures, more of hunger and rage than evil, bypass her goddesses fickle blessing and leaps upon her chest scratchin and biting fiercely as she pushes it off. 2 damage Siera bears a dual assault and with a quick deflective motion with her elbow manage to deflect one rat only to had another leap on her back chittering in victory as it tears at the back of her neck covering her short hair in blood. 2 damage Mumbata is luckier as the rat settles for a chunk out of his bare calloused feet. Shaking his leg comically for a second as the rat hangs on he eventually dislodges the creature who scrabbles back to its feet and hisses angrily. 1 damage.

Those of you who have taken damage please make a dc13 fortitude save.

GROUP IS UP!

MAP!


Fortitude Save to avoid non-lethal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Non-lethal dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Rorgrim roars in rage as his companions are attacked and turns to crush the rat in W3:

Power Attack/ Raging Mswk Hand axe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Orc Expert 5

Forgot to mention the rats are half underwater and veiled by steam granting them concealment.


TarkXT wrote:
Forgot to mention the rats are half underwater and veiled by steam granting them concealment.

FYI: I avoid that concealment due to my archetype.


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]
TarkXT wrote:
The steaming of the bilges and the crowdedness in here makes the bilges a miserable sauna. Fortitude saves DC14 to avoid 1d4 points of nonlethal damage please.

Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 vs DC 14

Nonlethal Dmg 1d4 ⇒ 4
"My word. What a lovely stench. I know where I'll be relaxing next watch..."

Quote:
That's when you notice the movement just out of the corner of your eyes...Though alerted to their presence before they attack the huge dog sized rats leap from the water in anger at the invasion of their terrotory seeking blood and flesh. They easily sink their teeth into the meats of many of you as caught off guard by the sudden ferocity as you are. Lorn lifts an arm in defense only to have the rat sink its teeth deep into her arm as it scrabble to reach her throat [ooc]3 damage.

"Hey Shipmates, didja see tha... YEEEOW!! And she lets out a silent scream into the face of the dire rat gnawing on her arm.

Fort save partII 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 vs DC13
Failed two forts: 4 nonlethal dmg, 3 dmg, bite contamination/infection
Dire Rat fortitude DC 14 for partial (see text); Spell Resistance: yes


Male Orc Expert 5

Is there aq concentration check to avoid AoO's with that spell?


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Siera grinds her teeth at the sudden sharp stab, reflexivelly throwing her back out to dislodge the rodent and quickly stomping on it.

Filthy f~@+ing bilge rats! Damned be that cocksucking asslicking son-of-a-b~%#% Scourge! Ah'll be ripping the balls of his shriveled ballsack with mah bare hands!

Fortitude saving throw to avoid 1d4 ⇒ 2 nonlethal damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14.
Standard Action: Unarmed strike on [Y0 rat].
Concealment roll (miss on 01-20): 1d100 ⇒ 72.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 against AC. Verification roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 - Failed.
Damage roll: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 bludgeoning damage.
edit: Forgot the Fortitude saving throw from the rat bit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
edit2: Forgot the Move action - 5-ft step to X1.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

Round 1

Stats:

HP 6/6 2 nonlethal
AC 12 FF 10 T 12
F/R/W 0/2/3
Effects
None

Taking the club in hand, Sylvestra attempts to strike at the nearest creature, though unable to target them in the steam. "Be glad to help you with that, Siera. Rats could've chose a better place to nest at least."

Standard to attack Dire Rat at Z1 with club.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Non-lethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Club attack: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 11
Whack!: 1d6 ⇒ 3


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

As the giant rat bites Mumbata, he growls in pain. "Ow! Oh gods, dat be ah big un!" Swinging wildly with the heavy mace, he lashes out at his attacker.

Fortitude saving throw vs 1d4 ⇒ 4 nonlethal damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Fortitude saving throw vs rat bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Standard Action: Two handed swing with Heavy Mace on his attacker (Z3 rat)
Concealment roll (miss on 01-20) 1d100 ⇒ 97
Attack roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage roll 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

In retrospect I actually think Lorn would do another action, ie imbue her fist with shock effect, but lets go with initial response and she'll learn from this. I already know how the dice generator treats me. Burial at sea, pls.

Concentration check ?Cast Defensive? 15+(lvlx2)=17 DC 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

yeah. I called it right.


Female Human Cleric 1

Fatigue save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Disease save save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Orc Expert 5

Wish there was a turn to go with those saves.


Can you skip or bot her? It's been almost four days.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

DMPC?


Male Orc Expert 5

Quickly the population of massive rats on the wormwood disspates quickly as Mumbata, Rorgrim, and Siera all connect with their hefty blowsd and make dead rat out of live and angry rat. The rats retaliate doing little more than frighten and make people jump and scatter from gnashing fangs.

With a fierce determination the remaining rats continue the fight for territory and food.

GROUP IS UP!

MAP!


Rorgrim moves to Y1 and continues his attacks.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

I be needin me damn hammer!


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

Current Effects:
Mutagen +4 Strength, +2 AC, -2 Int

Current Hitpoints 11/10

Mumbata takes a 5' step to Z2 and attacks the rat at Z1

Concealment roll (miss on 01-20) 1d100 ⇒ 20
Attack roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage roll 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Moving forward to one of the remaining rat's Mumbata lifts his mace, and with a powerful swing drives it into the water where he though the rat was just moments before.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

Round 2

Stats:

6/6 2 nonlethal
AC 12 FF 10 T 12
F/R/W 0/2/3
Effects
None

Sylvestra attempts to bludgeon the nearest rat with her club, missing entirely.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 5


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Round 2

Lorn, take a step back, I'll stomp this m##$@%!%%+@@!

Siera waits until Lorn moves from her spot, hopefully out of harm's way. She then moves to the now-vacant place and quickly stomps on the rat.

Delay action to act just after Lorn. Then:
Move Action: 5-ft step to W1.
Standard Action: Attack the rat at W0.
Miss chance (miss on 01-20): 1d100 ⇒ 48
Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage roll: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

Round 2
The shock to her system amidst the chaos gives her second thoughts. She is initially grateful to let one of the big'uns deal with the rat that matches her own size. On the other hand it is literally a cornered rat, just like her on the this ship and she has been on the recieving end of so much crap. Always the victim. She steps back, finding her small size is an advantage in the now crowded bilge space. A quick glare at Siera, quickly squashed as she is not deserving of misdirected frustration. Lorn's hair starts to stand on end, making crackling sounds and the tiniest flashes of static.
Not sure if the rat is dazed due to her spell... DC 14 vs daze'


Female Human Cleric 1

As Siera attacks the rat facing Lorn, Rhialla turns her attantion to the one squaring off with Sylvestra. With an elegant motion, she whips her hand forward, a splash of water freezing in midair to form a tumbling dagger of pure ice, glistening as it flies to deliver a spike of crippling cold to the massive rodent.

Icicle
Ranged touch1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Cold


Male Orc Expert 5

As quickly as the fight began it ends as the crew splatters, hacks apart and otherwise murders the hell out of the remaining rats.

Eithin a few tense seconds the bodies of the rats float to the top of the bilge water their stench even worse now that the process of decay hsa begun in earnest.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

"Ugh, Gods da dey stink. And dere teeth be sharp." Casting his eyes around the hold Mumbata purses his lips in though. "Rorgrim, dat axe ah gave ja, ah fund down hur, mabey dere be someting else uh worth under all o' dis muck"

Do we only get one standard action Tark or can we do a full take 20 search of the bilge?


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

"This mucky rat-infested water has advantages over topside. Although, I will admit, it has recently lost its appeal. Mumbata? Why didn't you deal with these stowaways when you were down here? And an axe? That would've been useful." She wipes the beads of sweat collecting on her face, wiping on her already soaked clothes. "Think I am going to look around a bit. Find a dry spot or something." She follows the hull, edging out of as much water as she can.

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Aye, I see they gathered all the rascals and ne'er-do-wells in this s&*@ty task. If we are ta be stomped and spit on as it seems, we'd better hang together. By now you may all know mah name, Siera. I know this wee fella, Lorn, and the hot piece of booty there Rhialla and the sweet sweet Sylvestra.

The muscular woman offers her callused hand for a handshake.

It's been a real f~@%in pleasure fightin' with ya, big fellow and master dwarf. It's Wumbada, right?


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

"Ha! Too funny Siera.

Muttering in halfling:
Find me a dry and far away spot... Thats what I need.
Lorn continues her route, stepping on a ship's rib momentarily to scrape some of the slime off her bare feet.

201 to 250 of 887 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Skull and Shackles: Besmara's Harpies All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.