Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tark's Skull and Shackles: Besmara's Harpies (Inactive)

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP!


101 to 150 of 888 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Orc Expert 5

Rorgrim manages to produce something possibly maybe what he was trying to accomplish. Maybe. Still after a taste it's not terrible if a bit salty. He sets its aside to stay warm until the evening meal and takes a few minutes to relax by the goats.

Sylvestra Takes the time to explore the lower hold which is where you slept last night. No one is down here at the moment and you take the time to explore the foot lockers which are mostly locked with poor locks. Only fourteen of the twenty or so footlockers are currently in use adn you recall Mumbata having claimed one for himself not long ago. Sadly they all seem to be locked. Beyond this the hold is empty save the rolled up and folded hammocks of the crew.

1d100 ⇒ 64

Lorn's lesson in pain ensures she does the work she is given quickly and well. There's is some grumblings from the other gnomes and halflings of the crew about her giving a bad impression but otherwise she is left to her own. Beyond that lorn learns nothing.

Rhialla is too focused on her work to do much exploring of obvious weapons. However she certainly notes the footlockers and how the sailors make use of them to store belongings.

@Siera:
"Indeed truly a magnificent sight if I might say so myself." As siera looks down from her perch she sees a gnome clinging to the rigging below her. He's dressed...strangely. Not so much like a real pirate with dirty ill kept clothes worn more for practicality or fearsomeness as he's dressed how people who don't know about or write about pirates look like. He has a wide brimmed purple hat and his white silk shirt, stained with sweat, has been opened slightly in the front to show the top of his chest. He appears to also be wearing an eyepatch "Oh but where are my manners? I am Conchobart Turlach Shortstone, professional gambler by trade, sailor by force. Though I cannot say this is not necessarily a terrible state of affairs. For long have I desired to make my fortune on the open waves and..." He eyes your athletic figure up and down. "Sample it's many beautiful sights."

@mumbata: You visit the quartermasters store and meets a reedy half orc female who appears to have a jeggaed scar below her chin that goes from ear to ear. She smiles toothily and speaks in a guttural shackles accent. "And how may I f&*~ing help you?"

As you start trying to barter for your stuff back she crosses her arms and shakes her head.

"Can't do that. Can't do that. It's captain's booty now seein as it was takin off of ye before you was brought aboard. Can't just buy it back. Might be me bein strung along the hull by Mr. Plugg if captain finds out."


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

She be uh Half-Orc Mumbata! Nut likey da resund da gruveling, ja could try being honest. "Muh books un' recupes, deh nu use to da captain. De be blessing furm da gods, potions un' urgents da mak ja strong luk da' bull. Un my trinkets un' holy sybuls, I needs em! Had um fur years, without em da gods will turn der backs un meh! Dey symbols of da Mwagani gods un dey need to stay with ah Mwagani! Da Cap'tain wuld surly get mur use outta a Mace un' Sum armor then meh book un' my charms!" Help ja survent Gods o' above un below! Charisma Check

Mumbata doesn't have any social skills so I guess he will try I'll try a charisma check to convince the half-orc to let Mumbata trade/get his gear back. crosses fingers

Charisma Check 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Edit: Could have been worse!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Rorgrim exhausted from a hard day of cooking throws his apron on the counter and sits on a bench leaning against the wall. He gives out a sigh and pets one of the goats. A thought suddenly occurs to him. It be a wee while since ole Rorgrim has had sum' action He looks at the goat once again and shakes his head. I be nay that desperate yet.. Instead he day dreams of the Buxom dark headed lady he was pressganged with. He nods off with a smile on his face.


Male Orc Expert 5

The half orc looks a bit pensive when you start going on and on about how the gods might start hating you. "Um, what would these gods do exactly if they turned away from you?"

Just to alleviate boredom at the hilarious roleplaying ensuing everyone but Mumbata and Siera can go ahead and do night actions.


Rorgrim wakes up from his sweet daydreams and heads up to the deck. What kind o' trouble shall ole Rorgrim be gettin' in t' tonight?

He will choose the (Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment) option again tonight.


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

Lorn handles the partially crafted sling briefly, "Bah! Got enough time for this later." She puts the wadded materials back down and seeks out the other pressganged halfling, a certain Rosie Cusswell. Should be easy to get a performer to speak about herself, and less likely to be Mr.Plugg's eyes and ears. Influence NPC: diplomacy1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

She hasn't turned ja away Mumbata. Maby she respects da gods too. "Whun ah was ah boy, ah thought muh sulf better den da gods o' below un above." Mumbata shakes his head in remembrance. "Ah was foolish! Ah dident know buttur! Da prove to muh tribe ah was ready to be ah mon ah raced muy Catamu'ran thugh sum ruins knuwn as Besmara's Fingers during the middle of da summer monsoons. Ah thoghth muh sulf invincible!" Mumbatas eyes narrow. "Two weeks later ah was caught in ah typhoon, ship destroyed, cust ahdruft! Ah thoguth I was dead! But da gods, dey funny, rather den let me die, ah was rescued by slavers un spent the next seven years chained twu un oar! Ah respect da guds now! Deh broke mah boat, cast meh unto da seas, dey culd do ut again! Jah don't wunt ta cruss em!" Mumbata sighs heavily "Dats da honest truth!"


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

Seeing Rorgrim preparing to head up deck, Sylvestra decides against a peaceful rest. Catching him before he heads up, she smiles as she asks, "Mind if I join you tonight? Could use some air."

Assuming Rorgrim agrees, will also do a gamble action this evening.


Rorgrim obviously hiding his excitement at the half-elf's offer motions for Sylvestra to lead the way. As she moves up the stairs, Rorgrim gives a crude excuse for a bow and after she passes gives Besmara a wink for his evening luck. You be t' good t' ole Rorgrim me Pirate Queen!

Rorgrim addresses his red headed escort, How be ye this fine evenin' young lass? Be ye makin' th' best o' th' situation we be findin' ourselves in?

As they move across the deck, Rorgrim is extra protective of his new friend.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

"Hafta make the best of it. Live life looking back at your regrets and you'll never see the rocks ahead. Or tha chance ta be rid of them." Arriving on deck, she takes a deep breath of the night air, closing her eyes as she does, feeling the deck beneath her bare feet. "Wonderful."


It be a fine night fer sure Red. There be nothin like a clear sky on a calm sea.

Rorgrim looks around for a game to join. He is hoping that his win at arm wrestling the night before has earned him some favor with the men.

He announces to the men standing around, How did you like your dinner tonight me hearties!


Female Human Cleric 2

After a brief rest from her hard work Rhialla takes to the deck, enjoying the salt air while also seeking a positive reaction to her presence that does not seem muted by the knowledge of Besmara's favor.

seeking to influence a crew member who isn't put off by her being a Cleric of Besmara, more likely than not a female crew member


Male Orc Expert 5

Grok narrows her eyes at this assessment of Mumbatas run of bad luck and says. "Soooo the gods only get personally upset at ye?"


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

That’ what happened to me! Un I diden't know nut da cruss em! Un look wut uppuned! Now you know dey nut ta be crussed too! Un dey might curse ja too! Mumbata shakes his head sadly, and pats the side of the Wormwood's hull. Dey sunk da ship ah was un once before, cast meh into ah storm! dey might skink da Wormwood, or worse dis time... dey culd beset all o' us wit duldrums, un sluwly starve tad deth as da water runs ut. Ah dun't kn da will o' da gods. But de Mwangi gods, dey ur powerful! Un dey prutect da Mwangi! Ah warned ja!


Male Orc Expert 5

Grok bites her lower lip a gesture all the more painful looking due to her sharp fangs. Behind her eyes the images of terrible hurricanes and sudden bouts of horrific disease play out in her mind as you recall the fate of the last vessel you were on.

Tentatively she moves over to the lockers and peers over her shoulder while she unlocks it and removes a tattered dog eared volume from it along with a bag that jingles and jangles. After she closes and locks the locker she pushes them at you.

"Here. Now go away I don't be needing any of your mwangi curses in here." Her eyes peer about as if expecting some kind of jungle gobline to emerge from the darkness and do some mischief on her.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

"Muh book un ugents! Ah Thunk da gods!" Mumbata cries, and places the collection of Mwagani holy symbols around his neck. Realizing that the half-orc just risked a keel-hauling to help Mumbata, he quickly lowers his voice. "Ah thousand blessings frum da gods on ja! Ja dun rough buh Mumbata un' unt wunt beh furgutton!" Thrusing the mace and leather armor forward towards the half-orc. "Hur, tuk ut, say ja fund ut or ut gut traded. Gots da kup every thung un balance." Thank yah Gods, bless hur fur da kundness! Slipping out of the cabin and back into the birthing area Mumbata puts his gear back into his locker. I'll huv da fund ah place da hide meh book. Gods ja survent would appreciate ut if ja culd keep da blessings ah going. Thank ja!"

Tark What was in the sack?


Male Orc Expert 5

Your alchemical components and your holy symbols to various deities.

Where oh where did Siera go?


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

I'll go ahead and do the evenings rolls

Flush with success at recovering his alchemical pouch, book and holy trinkets Mumbata decided to stay above decks for a little while that evening. When given his rum, he politely takes it, only to dump it over the side when no one is looking. Stealth During his time on deck he stays close to Lorn, acting as her silent looming shadow. The first time that he sees Rhialla above decks Mumbata will approach her. "Ja hurd dat ur ah priestess uh Besmara. Da gods, dey are ta be respected. My num be Mumbata." Waits for her response 'A'm sure dat you unt ah strunger on dat ships, but life out hur cun be ard' un a woman." Mumbata leans in and whispers. "Ja check ur locker later. Da gods be good ta me, ah be good ta you eh? Ja tell your god dat." Winking back at Rhialla, Mumbata wanders off towards the surly dwarf. "Suw Rorgrm, ah dud ja duy go? Da food usnt' bad, sew dats sumthing." With a twinkle in his eye he whispers. "Da Qart'ermaster She un't ah bad un, if ja catche my meaning. She respects da gods." Patting his holy symbols he continues. "Ah'nuder lung day tomorrow. Tum da gat sum sleep. Ja have fun with da games." Looks at Sylvestra "un may da gods smile un ja." Mumbata then heads below to the berthing area, while the majority of the crew is above deck. Once he's down below he will go to his chest grab the last heavy mace, put it in Rhialla's locker and then spend a hour mixing ingredients for another dram of his Mutagen and potions for tomorrow. +4 Str Mutagen, Cure Light Wounds / Touch of the Sea extracts

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The campaign info tab states that I can take one action during the evening, so if it's alright mixing another Mutagen takes 1 hour and I would like that to be my action for the evening. Let me know if I need to roll.


Male Orc Expert 5

You can take one "ship action" which is an activity that is done in your spare time between sleeping, eating, spell prep, etc. It's how this part of the AP handles all the player shenanigans that is bound to happen. So mumbata can still take a ship action if he prepares a mutagen. Their are limitations to this but it's at my discretion.


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Siera looks with amusement to the gnome, her curiosity quickly turning to mirth.

Nicely said, Conchobart dear. I bet where ya come from that must make ladies wet with joy, ain't it? But I sure must admire a small fella wit such big ambitions... Ya must have some giant furry balls sumwhere down 'ere.

She then gives a dubious look to the gnome's pants.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

Ah Mumbata, dis be ah foolish waste ah jur time but mur friends da watch ur back... Jah guts da play along, da gut along. "Lorn, I'ma guh muk nuce, jah hullar if jah need mah" Stepping up to the game of chance, Mumbata fishes into his pouch for the silver he found in the bilge. 11 silver "Gut room fur un mur?"

When Mumbata is above deck during the evening he will choose the (Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment) option tonight, also when I am down below deck in the berthing area I want to keep a eye out for what lockers our attackers from this morning are using. Once I get my lock picks, the knowledge will be handy.


Male Orc Expert 5

@Siera: The gnome looks exceedingly confused at Siera's crude manner of speech. "Um yes, I have heard such remarks before. I'm sorry madame I never did catch your name?

NIGHTTIME: RUM RATION TIME! 1d4 ⇒ 1 Wis Penalty 1d4 ⇒ 1 Charisma bonus.

@Sylvestra, Rogrim, Mumbata: On deck a number of pirates are participating in a throwing game.

They are throwing a greased ingot of lead covered in a pig skin down the length of the deck and taking bets on who throws the farthest, how far it gets thrown, where on the deck the ingot will land and other miscellaneous things.

You can toss yourselves and place bets on your own performance which is a ranged attack roll. Place bets on the performance of others (A Wisdom Check: DC15). Or try to pick pocket bets off other people (sleight of hand check)

As you sidle up to the crowd Sandara, watching the games closely before you arrive, turns and smiles warmly before passing a number of items to you.

Mumbata gets his sealing wax and vials back, Sylvestra gets her hat back with spell component pouch tucked inside, Rorgrim gets a small sack with hsi barbarian chew inside.

"Had a chat with the quarter master earlier teday. Seemed she was under the impression that the ship had been put under some foreign curse. I pushed her fer a bit and told her ta get rid of anything that was close to whatever it was. Don't suppose any of this belongs to ye?"

#Sylvestra: If sylvestra wants her familiar back she's going to have to get one from the boat or around it. There are chickens, pigs, goats, all manner of rats, a scruffy parrot that curses loudly and spends much of its time on the poop deck sitting atop a cage with a corpse in it, and even some seabirds that drop by the boat here and again.

@Rhialla: Rhialla approaches a tall mwangi woman who was swabbin the decks earlier. She compliments on how youhandled those men and makes small talk. Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate please.

@Lorn: Rosie seems to get along well with another halfling exchanging thoughts and anecdotes on things like food, drink and music. The mention of music makes Lorn somewhat sad as she was in fact stripped of her fiddle. Stil Lorn comes away from the conversation with a friend.


Rorgrim thanks Sandara for his chew and then looks to Mumbata.

Somthin' be tellin me you had a hand in this. Much thanks again me friend.

All starboard and out o' me way! Stand aft me shipmates. Ole Rorgrim be goin' t' toss th' ingot and all o' th' smart gold ortin' ta be on me.

Rorgrim lines up to toss the ingot and gives a toast before chugging the rest of his rum.

Here`s t' all me shipmates on th' greatest ship in all th' sea. Here`s t' th' Wormwood!

Come on old lady luck. Dasn't be failin' me now!

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

While Rorgrim throws, Sylvestra takes the hat from Sandara, "Ye have my thanks. Name's Sylvestra, figure you probably know already, but a proper introduction nevah hurts. Tha hat means quite abit ta me. I'd offer a kiss, but don't think these swabs deserve a show yet."

Will it take a ship action to bond a familiar?


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

Lorn manages to make a friend, or at least not an enemy. Looking up occasionally regarding the shouts of victory and shipboard banter as another ingot thunks solidly on the deck, Lorn tips her non-existent tri-corn and begs leave. She hides a tired yawn. Lorn politely excuses herself. She walks towards the hold where her hammock sways beckoningly, when a thought emerges from the shadowed recesses. "Where they be?" A quick glance to look above deck for Pluggs' Thugs. perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Satisfied she drops down the ladder to her hammock. She puts forth another turn of crafting a sling before falling asleep.


Male Orc Expert 5

Yes and some handle animal rolls to make it friendly since you obviously do not have the gold to replace it.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

Sylvestra will watch the games for abit, taking in the night air and making small talk with Sandara until she notices the parrot near the corpse. "Well, the sea spoke ta me before through a bird, let's try out this one, see if she'll speak again."

Taking her leave of Sandara, Sylvestra makes her way over, acting as though interested in the corpse while speaking to the bird. "Don't know 'bout you, but I hope not ta end up like 'im." Circling around the cage, trying to put herself mostly out of sight of the others, she continues. "So I've only done this once, and tha bird did most of the work the first time. Probably crazy for tryin', but I'm gettin' a good feel from you. But I ain't got any offerin's besides some good will. So how 'bout it, wanna ditch the corpse?"

I rolled Sea Empathy, which works on coastal birds as well as aquatic creatures. Not sure if it'll count in this case, if not just -1 to the rolls. Also you said rolls, wasn't sure how many you wanted so I did five.

Dice:

Sea Empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sea Empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sea Empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Sea Empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Sea Empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

"Curses? Ah wull, da guds dey da be feared. Der nu dubt bout dat." Mumbata shrugs "Da gods, dey funny, jah nvar know hur dey go. Bust da' kup em appeased, da quartermaster knew dat too" Whispering a prayer in thanks Mumbata throws a silver over the side of the ship and into the ocean. "Luts see if da favur hulds eh?" Walking over to the group of sailors throwing the ingot, Mumbata lays the rest of his silver down 10 silver and hurls the ingot.

Dice:

I am assuming that since it's a non standard thrown item my feat throw anything applies, if it doesn't then deduct 4 from the roll.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
I missed that up. It should have been 1d20 + 1 and deduct 4 from the roll if the feat dosen't apply, so final roll would have been 20, or 16.


Female Human Cleric 2

Rhialla grins, trying to cover her tiredness and worry with false confidence she banters about knowing how to handle idiots, clearly inspiring yet betraying enough to show that she is worried about her fate.

Bluff1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Diplomacy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

As she continues small talk with the woman she seeks to make a friend, something in great need on this ship.


Male Orc Expert 5

Two other pirates take their shots with rorgrim and mumbata though there are some grumblings about mumbata nearly hurling the hog all the way overboard.

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8
1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5

The two pirates hands are clumsy on the greased ingot and they barely make it halfway the distance of rorgrim's and especially Mumbata's throw. Mumbata wins his bet taking 10 silver in various denominations.

Lorn goes to bed untroubled with most everyone either too tired or too drunk to care much for bullying.

Rhialla chit cahts with the woman who is loud and intimidating. She is not particularly friendly and though the talk was pleasant enough you do not make much headway in influencing her.


Rorgrim slaps Mumbata on the back to congratulate the Mwangi man for his win. After that, he mingles with the others for awhile and then heads to his hammock to go to bed.


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Siera smiles openly while responding to the daring gnome:

I dun believe you have. It's Siera. Saltwater, they say. Have been told that's how I taste.

She spends idle hours flirting harmlessly with the gnome, seeking to surprise him every once in a while.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 ⇒ 15.


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

After the night falls, Siera is feeling sore and tired. Her muscles ache, her back hurts and her hands burn from the ropes. She looks at the rum dubiously, and tries spilling it under the table.

Stealth check (-1 penalty for fatigue): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

She closes her eyes for once second and almost drops her cup. Tiredly, the woman retreats to the hammocks, but as she sees the wary halfling she changes her mind.

Hey there girl. Lorn, ain't it? Ya can sleep tight, I'll watch ya. Those damned f$%+ing c#%*&~$#~*s won't have the balls to do s+&~.

She paces around the area a bit while keeping an eye on Lorn, examining the quarters and searching for something useful enough.

She'll use her night action to sneak around the hammocks room and examine it.
Stealth check (-1 penalty for fatigue): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Orc Expert 5

Sadly the little man is off put by Siera's rough demeanor and harsh language (irony in it's extreme on a pirate boat I know) and Siera comes away feeling he may have terrified the little man away. HE's later seen attempting to woo or romance or whatever charming gnomes try to do to Rosie Cuswell later.

At night she figures out essentially everything about the footlockers everyone else knows. She gets an idea about Which locker belongs to what pirate but beyond that there's little to tell about the hold beyond its emptiness.


Male Orc Expert 5

The next morning you start at your respective jobs as nothing of any particular note happens. You get some nasty scowls from the more hostile crew members and especially master scourge who seems to take delight in insulting you even as he drives you to work.

Sylvestra: Today its sylvestra's turn to swab the decks. Make a DC10 Strength or Constitution check or be fatigued at the end of the shift.

Siera: Today Siera works int eh upper reaches of the rigging requiring DC10 climb checks to reach the 50ft. mark followed a DC10 Profession sailor check or dexterity check.

Rorgrim: Today Ambrose is in good enough shape to cook. He points you to the fishing nets and asks you to gather enough fish to fill his barrels and get them dry for storage. Rorgrim needs to make a DC10 Profession Fisherman or survival check to catch enough fish.

Rhialla: Rhialla gets to play the role of rat catcher today. Master Scourge laughs about how you like being on your knees so much then you should go ahead and kill some vermin while you are down there. Rhialla needs to make a DC10 Stealth, Survival, or Dexterity check to kill enough for a decent days work.

Mumbata: Mumbata joins Rhialla in the task of vermin and rodent murder. Read her post above for details.

Lorn gets the same job of rope hauling again. DC10 Profession sailor or strength check followed by a DC10 constitution check to avoid fatigue.

Also state your ship actions for the day if you would thank you.


Female Human Cleric 2

The previous night had left her determined to select those she would ally herself with and make sure they protected each other, giving her little actual rest.

The lack of substantial sleep takes a bigger toll than she expected her movements a hair slower than normal, leading to only partial success.

Dex1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Looks like it's the whipping post for me, this should be interesting. Who's got the balls to whip a cleric?


Rorgrim wakes up and at the cook's request takes the nets up on deck and starts fishing. He acknowledges each of his new friends as they pass by and diligently starts to fish excited about spending the day near the water.

While taking a break from fishing to get a drink, Rorgrim does some investigating (sneak).

Rolls:

Survival to fish: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Searching: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

I would like to search an area no one else has searched.

The stout dwarf fishes so well that even he has difficulty bringing the fish below deck. He smiles with pride as he takes his catch to Ambrose. No more slop fer th' Wormwood. Not as long as ole Rorgrim be here. Fish tacos for all! He announces as he passes the crew.


Male Orc Expert 5
Rhialla "Buxom" Blackwater wrote:
Looks like it's the whipping post for me, this should be interesting. Who's got the balls to whip a cleric?

The temporary lovers of kinky clerics of Calistria.


TarkXT wrote:
Rhialla "Buxom" Blackwater wrote:
Looks like it's the whipping post for me, this should be interesting. Who's got the balls to whip a cleric?
The temporary lovers of kinky clerics of Calistria.

Ole Rorgrim would like a turn ;)


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea Witch) 2

GM:
Considering the poor rolls, how did my work with the parrot go?

Sylvestra goes about swabbing the deck, poking about when no one's looking.

Ship action: Sneak. Search about the deck while swabbing.

Strength Check: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

Daytime action rolls:
Lets get the rolls out of the way, shall we? Strength-shirk 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 2 = 4 vs DC10, Is she fatigued? 1d20 ⇒ 10 vs DC10 And does she find anything? shirking for "ten"+3=13. Edit:Ohhhh the fun she'll have. Even working diligiently would not have beaten the DC and she is fatiqued to boot. I love the DiceGen.

Lorn doesn’t mind hauling rope forward and aft, she rather enjoys splicing the lines as it gives her a chance to sit on her rear while still “working”. The air is fresh, weather tolerable; the guttersnipe’s crude commentary makes for a lovely background ambiance although hardly original. Whenever she is directed back to the rope locker, she shirks a bit to explore the highly organized “cabin”, cramped with line, canvas, spare block and tackle. Coming out in time to "help" Rorgrim heave the net full'o fish onboard and down into the galley.


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)

As Mumbata watches Rhialla struggle with catching the rats in the hold he shakes his head. She be gutting da whip toninght un dat aint fur! Hrm, mebey der be ah nuder way. "Jah luk like jah could use sum help eh Rhialla? Hur, ja take ah few uh mine. Shirk: Action Aid Another: Rhialla +2 on her check Maby ah gut some more. Un if nut, wull... ut aint da furst time ah been whipped. Ah be ah rought sham da ruin such o' luvly figure."

Stealth 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 = 9

As the end of the day approaches, it's clear that the difference between Mumbata's success and failure was the dead rats that he already gave Rhialla. "Dun't wurry lass ah be fine. Dey ain't gonna do ta me what ain't alrudy bun dun before." Lifiting his shirt Mumbata shows Rhialla a horrifying collection of thin white scars across his back. "Ut be worth ut, nuh worries"


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

"So this is what the backside of a pirate galley looks like?" Lorn nudges a clucking chicken, which comes to about waist high on her, aside only to come eye to eye with the Cook's goat mascot. "At first I regretted not jumping at the offer to cook. Hauling line and tackle that outweigh me is getting old but I do believe you've found your niche. Couldn't take that away from ya." Finally her eyes fall upon the now barely sober renowned pirate chef. Despite his imposing figure (to her) he blended in with the decor, his clothes providing perfect camouflage with the detritus on the floor and wall splatter or was it viceversa? Difficult to discern.


Female Human Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) 1

Siera steadily climbs the mast, smiling when she reaches the top and sees the sea around in all directions.

One can almost forget the s$!! goin' down 'ere.

During the afternoon lunch break she makes a detour, peeking inside the quartermaster's store.

Climb check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Profession (sailor) check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Daytime action: Sneak. Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Rorgrim pats the female halfling on the head. `Tis be good t' be havin' ye down here Loren. Let`s get th' rest o' our squadron down here t' talk about how we can make 't together on this cursed ship!

If Loren agrees, Rorgrim and Loren gather their friends and during the evening gather in the kitchen to get to know each other and strategize. .

I figured this would be a good way to sit around and talk for the next week. Thoughts?


Female Human Cleric 2

Rhialla flashes the big man a dazzling smile.

"Thanks big fella, good to see some people around here know what it means to be shipmates."


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

Cocking her eye at Rorgrim at the patronizing pat, "Aye, the galley after the 2nd bell of the first watch sounds about right. Any later and I'll collapse from fatigue or worse from another whipping, and I'll not be missing out on my rum ration. So, as far as I ken, only the cap'n knows our heading. Never learned to read the stars. The officers are hard cases, we've already identified Mr.Pluggs enforcers. Are they getting extra rum rations? I'll have to volunteer for something besides hauling line and rigging. One thing I did learn on previous shipboard tours, we only sailed as long as the food held out. Reck'n thats where the fishing comes in. Inhale and a ladle of water "Better go topside a'for the bos'n sends out a search party. I'll be hugging the mainmast soon enough, don't need my ears decorating her belt. 2nd bell!" Scattering a couple of chickens away, clambers up the ladder to embrace the afternoon sun.

Didjagitallthat? :-)


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

The following text is not meant to be a factual timeline of events. A figurative "The cat is away.." with the absence of TarkXT omnipresent hand. <--Pls note the irony of that statement.

Lorn wanders back onto the main deck, where the whole crew appears to be under a mass hold person spell. Inching cautiously around the spellbound crew, resisting a strong urge to "pants" the officers, working the rigging just in case they watch but cannot act, she notifies the pressganged crew(Mumbata, Siera, Sylvestra,Rhialla) of the meeting. She mumbles something along the lines of ...right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances....

She returns to Rorgrim in the galley for plotting and scheming.

[/end of mystical timeline]


(Male Mwangi Alchemist (Vivisectionist, Beastmorph) 2 AC 14/11/13 / HP 18/18 / F +5 R +4 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +7)
Rhialla "Buxom" Blackwater wrote:

Rhialla flashes the big man a dazzling smile.

"Thanks big fella, good to see some people around here know what it means to be shipmates."

"Ah jah, wull you know." Looking around to see if there's anyone within hearing Mumbata continues in a much softer voice "Look, Rhialla isn't my first time press-ganged and it pays to be dumb and not make yourself a target. Keep your head down, I'll take the hits for you tonight. It's not the first time its happened and it won't be the last. Besides, Scourge expects me to be big, dumb and slow. I plan to keep him in the dark as long as possible. That’s the only way to escape, trust me. Now, did you find the mace I put in your locker? Worse things than a whipping can happen on a boat, priestess or not. Keep it close, and I shouldn't have to say this, but keep, me or the dwarf around too."

Seeing another sailor come into the hold Mumbata continues. "Jah! Un muy lunds dery be ah grut muny thungs yah cun do wuth da bug's. Da huly medice, Un urgents! Ull da gods blessings"


F Stormborn sorceror(2), Halfling Female [AC 13, Current HP 2/10, F+1, R+2, W+5, Init +3,Perc+3]

"Rorgrim. Lets talk and cook. I beleive that Mr. Scourge, with the shiny teeth, was the one who pegged me to come aboard. Been through this process before. Personally I do not care for his technique but I actually want to pay a visit to the barkeep. He be the one I'll pay a visit to. So, care to share?" She grabs a fish, starts cleaning and gutting. "Be right nice to get my gear back, but in the meantime, crafting a sling. Easy to make one, difficult time consuming to make a well-made one."

101 to 150 of 888 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Skull and Shackles: Besmara's Harpies All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.