Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT/DUNGEON MAP!


3,551 to 3,598 of 3,598 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Careful all. Bejis, you need some more reach.

With that, Aerieth pulls out a scroll and begins to read it.

Use Scroll of Enlarge Person (CL1) - to be cast on Bejis to give him extra reach and damage.


Male Orc Expert 5

Others?


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

Sorry. I was waiting for my init.

Salm moves to R20 and let's fly an arrow.
Comp Longbow +1: DAim
to hit 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25 to hurt 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Anyone able to make knowledge checks etc? This thing something funky?


Male Human Barbarian 5

"What is that thing?"

Bejis, unsure if he can attack the fire monster, moves between it and the rest of the group. {Q,R}x{19,20}. Q19 should have cover due to the corner, and thus no AoO. Assuming Connel will 5 foot step back.

Greatsword PA: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 23 +5 BAB, +4 STR (Enlarged), +1 Weapon Focus, +1 Magic Weapon, -2 PA
Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 19 +1d6 (Enlarged Weapon), +6 (Str*1.5) (Enlarged), +6 (PA), +1 Magic Weapon


Male Orc Expert 5

Know. Planes will let you know what it is. Sorry I left it out of the original post.

Know. Planes 15:
It is a large fire elemental.


Male Orc Expert 5

Also Enlarge is a spell that takes a round to go off. So bejis won't be big until next round.


Male Human Barbarian 5

One less to hit, 2 less damage. Bejis will move to P20. By my count, he'll trigger only one AoO.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Know Planes - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Derp.

Any other advice chaps?

Bloodless closes, fighting defensively (+3 ac)
sliding in next to Bejis

Attack 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10

Newp~


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

It is a big fire elemental. Cold should hurt it.


Male Orc Expert 5

Bejis moves in and takes a not insignificant chunk from the elemental's form but not before getting burned himself 14 damage.

Salm's arrow also flies true and impacts something within the creatures core though what that is exactly is lost on all of you.

Bejis dodges one of the creatures flaming fists only to take another follow up blow. 11 more damage 2 DC16 reflex saves or be on fire.

MAP IS UPDATED!

GROUP IS UP!


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

Shield of Faith (+2)
lets fly another arrow.

Comp Longbow +1:fire into melee, deadly aim
to hit 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 - 1 = 3 to hurt 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Round 1 - completion
Aerieth finishes her spell, and a moment later, Bejis' form swells up to nearly twice its normal size.

Enlarge Person (cast last round) on Bejis.

Round 2
The elvish wizard then takes her longbow from her shoulder, draws back and fires an arrow at the elemental.

Attack-longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

It is a weak shot at best which barely hits, or is incinerated before reaching the vulnerable core of the creature.


Male Human Bard 1 / Cleric 4

Connell watches as Bejis's hit massive swing also causes the warrior pain, then the creature hits him with a attack of its own. A quick glance is enough to convince the priest that the wounds are not deadly yet so he continues to do what he can to bolster his companions.

Taking a deep breath Connell begins to sing. His voice is pitched low, the wordless tune a deep resonating that sounds almost like a choir echoing in a large cathedral. The deep sound melts away the initial shock of the elemental's appearance and attacks, filling the group with a confidence that this challenge is nothing they cannot surmount.

Sorry, but yes I imagine him throat-singing.....

Standard Action: Begin Inspire Courage, +1 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls

Status: 19/30 HP, Deflection Aura (+2 to AC and CMD) 2/4 rounds, Bardsong (+1 to hit/+1 damage) 1/7 rounds


Male Orc Expert 5

Bejis and bloodless?


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless simply starts hacking away now hes in close combat... in typical Bloodless fashion.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (PA/Silver)
Damage2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18
Convert? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 = 13


Male Human Barbarian 5

No idea where Bejis will end up, he'll try to position himself one row behind Bloodless.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Bejis feels the heat, and simple grits his teeth hard as fighting instinct kicks in. Start Raging

+1 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 14+5 BAB, +6 STR (Enlarged), +1 Weapon Focus, +1 Magic Weapon, -2 PA, +1 Competence
Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 9 + 6 + 1 + 1 = 28+1d6 (Enlarged Weapon), +9 (Str*1.5) (Enlarged), +6 (PA), +1 Magic Weapon, +1 Competence

[ooc]HP: 49/74; On Fire;


Male Orc Expert 5

Salm's and Aerieths arrows fails to find purchase in the creatures fiery form.

Bloodless beheads the creature...briefly. It's fiery neck regenerating or perhaps simply coming back together as bloodless may as well have passed his blade through the flame of a candle. Damage is done, but not the effect he would have liked (immune to criticals I'm afraid).

Bejis is now on fire 1d8 ⇒ 8 fire damage.

This seems detrimental to his aim as the elemental simply steps aside the blade and follows up with a brutal one-two combo on the tiny white thing that that attempted to bisect him. 16 damage and make a reflex save sir.

GROUP IS UP!

Map is unchanged save Bejis occupying the four squares just south of bloodless.


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

Comp Longbow +1: Deadly Aim, fire into melee
to hit 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 - 4 = 14 to hurt 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Once more Aerieth draws back her bow and fires at the elemental.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Once more the shot is well wide of its mark.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless simply keeps at it.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 (PA/Silver)
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 6) + 10 = 17


Male Human Bard 1 / Cleric 4

How bad does Bejis look?
Heal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

If he looks like he can take 1 or 2 more...:
As the creature takes another swipe at Bejis, Connell curses himself for making the wrong choice with his protective magics outside. The situation is starting to get serious, and the priest knows that if they cannot finish off this creature soon the now-large warrior will be requiring his full attention and healing to survive this encounter.

Connell's singing continues but the tone changes, and there are now words as well. He reaches up again to touch his holy symbol as he uses the words of the song to cast another spell. Suddenly the heat and stench of the hallway are replaced with the warmth and aromas of an open air market.....the sweet smells of roasting meat, the murmur of the crowd, the warm sun reflecting off the buildings and awnings. It only lasts a moment but it is enough to bolster the group's spirits once more.

Free Action: Maintain bardsong
Move: 5' step adjacent to Bejis if/when he falls
Standard Action: Cast Bless

Status: 28/30 HP, Deflection Aura (+2 to AC and CMD) 3/4 rounds, Bardsong (+1 to hit/+1 damage) 2/7 rounds, Bless (+1 to hit) 1/40 rounds

If he looks like he's going to drop RIGHT NOW....:
As the creature takes another swipe at Bejis, Connell curses himself for making the wrong choice with his protective magics outside. The situation is starting to get serious, and the priest knows that if they cannot finish off this creature soon the now-large warrior will be requiring his full attention and healing to survive this encounter.

Making a split-second decision, and hoping he does not regret this one as well, Connell quickens the pace of his song and builds to a sharp crescendo. Calling on the power of Abadar as he hits the highest note the priest sends a wave of healing energy out in every direction. The wave is soundless but fills each of the companions with a sense of warmth as wounds begin to reknit and vitality returns to tired limbs. The wave continues outward but parts to not touch the fire creature before them.

Standard Action: Channel to heal, Selective to not include the elemental. 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Free Action: Maintain bardsong

Status: 19/30 HP, Deflection Aura (+2 to AC and CMD) 3/4 rounds, Bardsong (+1 to hit/+1 damage) 2/7 rounds

Id much rather get the Bless up before having to switch to healing, so if I think he can survive 1 more of those hits I would NOT channel this round


Male Human Barbarian 5

Bejis grunts, seeming not to realize he's on fire. "Gorum guide my hands."

+1 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 32+5 BAB, +6 STR (Enlarged), +1 Weapon Focus, +1 Magic Weapon, -2 PA, +1 Competence
Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 9 + 6 + 1 + 1 = 31+1d6 (Enlarged Weapon), +9 (Str*1.5) (Enlarged), +6 (PA), +1 Magic Weapon, +1 Competence

Another round or two like that and Bejis would go down, but it hit Bloodless.

HP: 41/74; On Fire;


Male Orc Expert 5

Bejis looks like he can take one or two more. Connell s adjacent to him thanks to Bejis's increased size. None save bejis manage to get a good swing into the agile man of flame and he takes a gruesome amount of damage as a result.

Flickering brightly and popping into hues of white, orange, red and ble the fire elemental dives at Bejis and attempts to incinerate him entirely 29 damage from full attack + being on fire damage.

GROUP IS UP!

MAP IS UPDATED!!


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

Salm continues to target the elemental

Comp Longbow +1: fire into melee, deadly aim
to hit 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 4 - 1 = 16 to hurt 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless keeps trying to end the creature.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 (PA/Silver)
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Aerieth fires another arrow into the fray:

Attack-longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Bard 1 / Cleric 4

everyone adding the +2 to hit +1 damage from all the active goodies? And if the elemental hit Bloodless for 16 he only takes 8 and Connell takes the other 8.

Connell almost laughs - many of his spells are prepared to take on evil witches, but since this creature is simply a force of nature those magics will do little good. A quick survey of his companions tells him that this creature may very well be winning, and they have yet to even see the sisters who are supposed to be the real threat here.

He changes the tone of his song again, this time it is a few lines from a hero's tale of victory against incredible odds. The group feels another wave of magic pass over them as they prepare to be heroes themselves.

Free Action: Maintain bardsong
Standard Action: Cast Moment of Greatness (for the next minute you can choose a single roll to make your +1 to hit from Bless a +2)

Ongoing Effects: +2 to AC, +2 to CMD, +2 to hit (can be +3 for a single roll), +1 to damage
Status: 20/30 HP, Deflection Aura (last round), Bardsong (3/7 rounds), Bless (2/40 rounds), Moment of Greatness (1/10 rounds)

Spells Used:
Lvl1 Bless, Magic Weapon, Stone Shield, Weapons Against Evil, shield(dom)
Lvl2 Web Shelter, Protection from Evil (Communal), Shield Other, locate object (dom)

Bard Spells per Day (CL 1):
Lvl1 1/2 remaining


Male Human Barbarian 5

@Connel: +2 to hit?

Bejis lets only a low roar out as he swings back into the fire.

Any of our experts know if this this has Damage Reduction?

+1 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 31+5 BAB, +6 STR (Enlarged), +1 Weapon Focus, +1 Magic Weapon, -2 PA, +1 Competence (w/ Moment of Greatness)
Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) + 9 + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25+1d6 (Enlarged Weapon), +9 (Str*1.5) (Enlarged), +6 (PA), +1 Magic Weapon, +1 Competence

Bejis could use a heal, or a Create Water...

HP: 12/74; On Fire; 3rd round raging.


Male Human Bard 1 / Cleric 4
Bejis Krupt wrote:
@Connel: +2 to hit?

+1 competence bonus for the Performance

+1 morale bonus for the bless (since you looked like you could take it he cast it Round2 instead of channeling to heal you)

Moment lets you double one morale bonus

Perform and Bless stack so +2 to hit without Moment, +3 if you choose to use it

Bejis Krupt wrote:
Bejis could use a heal, or a Create Water...

Im REALLY hoping that last buff throws us over the edge and drops the thing, especially with damage rolls like that!


Male Human Barbarian 5

Ok, I didn't apply bardsong yet then.


Male Orc Expert 5

Bloodless's final blow finally dissipates the large elemental creature. A small orb of pure fire falls to the floor from the center of the creature and shatters in what appears to be glass before evaporating into nothing in an instant.

Fight over.


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

"That's quite the welcoming committee. How is everyone?"


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Surprised but in one piece"


Male Orc Expert 5

Bejis is on fire.


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

A few castings of Create Water for Bejis then.


Male Human Bard 1 / Cleric 4

Connell stops singing as the creature's remains evaporate into nothing. Knowing there are many other threats here the priest quickly calls on Abadar's blessing to send out a wave of healing energy that washes over all of them. Then he reaches out a hand to Bejis and with a short prayer send more serious healing magics into his enlarged form to reverse the many burns caused by the creature.

Im hoping we've got at least 2 rounds before the witches attack. We've got a little bit of time left on some of these buffs so we might want to move quickly.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 use Selective to exclude anything left of the elemental if I have to
Then.....lose Web Shelter to spontaneously cast CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 on Bejis

Ongoing Effects: +1 to hit (can be +1 for a single roll for all except Bejis)
Status: 26/30 HP, Bardsong (3/7 rounds), Bless (4/40 rounds), Moment of Greatness (3/10 rounds)

Spells Used:
Lvl1 Bless, Magic Weapon, Stone Shield, Weapons Against Evil, shield(dom)
Lvl2 Web Shelter, Protection from Evil (Communal), Shield Other, locate object (dom)

Bard Spells per Day (CL 1):
Lvl1 1/2 remaining


Male Human Barbarian 5

HP: 17/62; 3 rounds raged.

As the creature falls, sinks to the ground and rolls until the flames go out.

Who was it that was carrying the wand of CLW?


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

You were down to 1 hp?


Male Human Barbarian 5

0 HP without rage.


Male Human Bard 1 / Cleric 4

Connell looks Bejis over again, a bit surprised that his spells did not do more to improve his condition. Without hesitation he falls into the rhythm of casting again, hoping that the witches do not choose that moment to attack.

lose Magic Weapon to spontaneously cast CLW on Bejis 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 oh, cmon now...........

is there a wand around? how's everybody else, I've got plenty of channels.


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

Salm beseeches Milani to provide succor to Bejis.
Cure Moderate Wounds 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 = 15


Male Human Barbarian 5
Connell Rickard wrote:

Connell looks Bejis over again, a bit surprised that his spells did not do more to improve his condition. Without hesitation he falls into the rhythm of casting again, hoping that the witches do not choose that moment to attack.

lose Magic Weapon to spontaneously cast CLW on Bejis 1d8+4 oh, cmon now...........

is there a wand around? how's everybody else, I've got plenty of channels.

Last reference that I found to the wand. Teo also had a wand of CMW in her inventory.

Status: HP 37/72; 3 Rounds raged.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Is this campaign going to continue? I believe we have had 183 posts since January 1. At this point, I really am lost as to what is going on and what my character's personality is. If the pace is going to pick up, I would like to continue to get Bloodless and Bejis the chance to keep their colorful characters going. If there is not enough time to keep the campaign going at a several posts per week pace, perhaps we should shut this down so that people can focus on other games.


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

I'm still game.


Male Orc Expert 5

Im still around of course and happy to continue as long as we get posts.

On that note what do we want to do now?


Inquisitor (Milani) 5; AC 18 T 13 FF 15; Fo +6 Re +4 Wi +6; HP 42; Lvl 2 2/3, Lvl 1 5/5, Cantrip: at will

I thought we were healing Bejis and any others who were hurt before continuing on. I also understand that we are probably being watched and may not have much time.


Male Human Barbarian 5
TarkXT wrote:
On that note what do we want to do now?

If we have the wands, I want to heal up.

3,551 to 3,598 of 3,598 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.