Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT/DUNGEON MAP!


301 to 350 of 3,634 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4
bejis wrote:
"... I think they'd assume they'd died in battle."

"You raise a good point, maybe they'd know, maybe they wouldn't, maybe an inquisitve diviner would ask, maybe they wouldn't. However theres one truth that would be for certain, we'd know".

With that Bloodless goes to check up on the "guest", but as he passes Rokan "I wouldn't bother climbing the height of tree needed to pick at that ones fruits, unless you like cold and bitter and unfulfilling. She seems so bent on modesty and privacy all the time we'd almost get the impression she feels she has something worth looking at"


Male Human Barbarian 5
Bloodless wrote:


"You raise a good point, maybe they'd know, maybe they wouldn't, maybe an inquisitve diviner would ask, maybe they wouldn't. However theres one truth that would be for certain, we'd know".

"What I know is that she and her 4 companions fought against the 2 of us. She watched us down 3 of her companions, 2 of them with a single blow, before I engaged her. She had ample time to ask for quarter, but she fought until the end. She would rather die than be captive."

"There is no honor in killing those that ask for quarter, but right now, she's still in the fight against us."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Concentrating on his surroundings, LeVash ignores Janiven's mutters, his shoulders slumping as he takes in the temple, and then pressing to a grim line as he listens to the bickering within his own group.

Listening to each introduction, he nods in turn, smirking slightly at Yakopulio's comments.

Does LeVash (or Pavo) recognize any of these people from around the city? Not sure what you'd want me to roll to check.

Test time, I suppose. Well, that works two ways.

"Well met, though the circumstances could be better. My apologies, things have not gone as planned, and I suspect we are all on edge.
I am LeVash, and these"
, he says, pointing to each in turn, "are, Calla and Rokan. I assume you already know Bejis and the albino."

Just realized I've never actually heard Bloodless' name.

"We lost two in the sewers, and we seem to be in the middle of a serious disagreement. The woman that the albino is tending is an armiger, and she knows how to find this place from the sewers. So unless any of you possess the ability to modify her memory, we're stuck with her until she attempts to escape."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Maybe she would rather have died than fall into our hands, but now both parties are unhappy eh? Heres the trouble, had she dropped her sword and pleaded for dear clemency and offered you her first born we'd still be in this mess, surely you don't mean to simply butcher folks even under the flag of surrender?"

"She will be here a while, I'd suggest the less said to her the better; the less she knows, the easier it is to deal with her"

With that he wanders to the front of the shrine and kneels in prayer, asking Pharasma to be kind in the judgment of those who were killed this day, and to Iomediae to give them a chance at redemption on the afterlife, and to the dead to not hold a grudge for doing what he had to do.

Quick prayers done, he checks on the prisoner before also getting washed and fed.


Male Human Barbarian 5
Bloodless wrote:


...surely you don't mean to simply butcher folks even under the flag of surrender?

"All I'm saying is that in my book, if they surrender, then it's 'butchering'. If they don't surrender, it's another causality of battle."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4
Bejis Krupt wrote:
"All I'm saying is that in my book, if they surrender, then it's 'butchering'. If they don't surrender, it's another causality of battle."

"Then, my friend, we had best be working out now what peoples intentions are before we go around taking prisoners or have people surrendering to us; had you just run her through then we'd not be having this talk. Think on it a while, because this will come up again."


Male Orc Expert 5

"Enough debate." Janiven says sharply giving a quick glance to the group before you. "I've got things to do so make yourselves comfortable. Desna willing they'll have given up the search. Arael will know what to do about this when we retrieve him."

With that Janiven leaves the temple.


Male Human Barbarian 5

After bathing, Bejis enters the group's discussion on a name.

"How about 'The Chealiaxian People's Front'?"


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Hardly a charade," Calla tells Rokan, sniffing audibly at Bloodless' rejoinder. She laughs at Bloodless' rejoinder. "Ah guess someone doesn't have enough nuts to bother trying to get some fruit."

"Lovely," Calla says. "So is there somewhere we can bathe in this place?"

As she waits for an answer, she'll go look out any windows that might be in the church, trying to get an idea of what neighborhood she's in.

Heh. Hope Tark doesn't have to stop running this so we can find out what destined-for-failure relationship Calumny ends up in.


Male Orc Expert 5

You're assuming she can manage to get in one to begin with. :P I don't have to deal with her on a daily basis as the characters do and I want to stab her in the face until the noises stop coming out. :)

"Chelaxian Peoples Front?" Amaya tests the words. "Not poetic or memorable enough I think."

Calla and those who need it are taken toa place where they can wash and rinse themselves thoroughly to remove the stench of tthe sewers. LeVash is a bit surprised to see tiny torbles emerge from the boots and flee to dark cracks to hide from stamping feet and cleansing water.

As each of you return the debate about disguises that are like uniforms and appropriate names for the group continues.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Bejis will quickly pay respects to Aroden at the shrine.

"I'm afraid I need to get some rest in. I suspect we'll be moving again before we know it." He stands up to leave to get a full nights sleep.

Bejis will start 24 hour resting to regain hitpoints. He needs a minimum of 8 hours rest to recover rage uses.

Going to assume there is an existing guard rotation in place, and the guard can handle Seyla if she wakes up.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

"Much of this discussion depends on your goals, Amaya. Are you looking for a group that can operate openly as one that is inspiring as an example of what Westcrown can be? Or one that undercuts the hellknights, that is discussed quietly in back rooms by people careful that they trust those they are talking to?"

"I believe the former is more what was discussed, but your preparations here and choice of recruits suggest the latter."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless watches on, curious as to how the others will answer LeVash's question that almost seems to be questioning thier conduct...


Male Orc Expert 5

Closing her book Tarvi looks at LeVash curiously. "By default any group such as ours would not be talked about openly. At least not at first. Arael's goal doesn't undercut the Hellknights infact I've come to understand that he would prefer thy join the cause in the end." Going back to her book she continues.

"I think we'd want a name that doesn't sound conflicting but identifies as for who we are. I thought Children of Westcrown quite fitting."

Rizzardo shakes his head "I won't be called a child"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

LeVash shrugs.

"Very well. Not open, but not in direct contradiction to the hellknights. Not a simple task, as the first discussed goal was to eliminate the shadow beasts...which will make the hellknights look like fools for not having done so already."

"Still...a name. The Haloran League? 'Haloran' references the staff-lanterns that people carry to ward off the shadow beasts. It's specific to Westcrown, and is evocative of protection from the beasts, as well as everything that 'light' implies. It's not how I operate, but it may work for you."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"A sensible choice regarding the Hellknights. They aren't the enemy, they are simply the hound that serves the master, and killing them simlpy means the master will keep replacing the hounds, and only nets us more trouble. We need to remove the master, and by righteous means."

"I'm less worried by names, so call it what you will"


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Please, Rokan totally wants her. And Bloodless is already trying to keep other people from hooking up with her. Why would he do that if he weren't interested? : )

Calla rolls her eyes at the discussion. "Perhaps you should wear something with rainbows and unicorns, so everyone can tell you have better intentions than the Hellknights." She snorts loudly.

"It won't take names and outfits to change the way things are run in Westcrown. It will take hard decisions and sharp blades to get the Hellknights to choose to follow a new leader."


Male Orc Expert 5

The gnome snorts at Calla's comment. "All pretty and no brain there dear? The difference between common bandits and, let's face it, famous ones are names and costumes.

Also, you're welcome to go about town making hard decisions and swinging your sharp blades. I'll have fun watching the House of Thrune put you down with their blunt instrument of choice. As stupid as it sounds being a group of concerned "do-gooders" makes the whole inspiring people thing alot easier then if you start cutting throats and telling people what to do."

Clearing her throat to signify a rapid change of subject Fiosa interrupts. "The shadowbeasts? I don't think Arael intends for us to be going up agaisnt them yet." She shudders. "I think that's jsut a sticking point for Janiven she wants to change. Janiven thinks the House of Thrune put them there on purpose."

Vitti, the green haired man finishes carving a wooden rat and places it in front of him. "I like the Haloran League. It implies that we bring light into dark places to banish the beasts that would seek to devour us."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4
Very smart gnome who is clearly a genius wrote:
"As stupid as it sounds being a group of concerned "do-gooders" makes the whole inspiring people thing alot easier then if you start cutting throats and telling people what to do."

"By the Gods, it's like hearing my own words of wisdom being uttered back to me as a refreshing breeze. Banishing the beasts I would do regardless, we can't have these things romaing around threatening the safety of the good people of Westcrown any more than we would abide a crazed wolf preying on a village in the hills. That the Hellknights have failed in their charge to rid us of them might be conspiracy, but it could equally be indifference - people staying indoors after dark are seldom prone to making the sort of trouble the Hellknights need to go and sort out"

"One way or another, there will be plenty of time to go swinging sharp blades if thats your passion; I don't suppose the Beasts will go away by being asked nicely"


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Ah agree the beasts have to go, but until someone accomplishes that, Ah don't think the people will rise up. It's a sorry revolution that has to retreat to its bed whenever the sun goes down, certainly not one that will scare the House of Thrune."


Male Orc Expert 5
Calumny "Calla" Tas'vere wrote:
"Ah agree the beasts have to go, but until someone accomplishes that, Ah don't think the people will rise up. It's a sorry revolution that has to retreat to its bed whenever the sun goes down, certainly not one that will scare the House of Thrune."

Amaya purses her lush full lips for a moment before speaking "Fear isn't our aim though. More like...surprise. Yes. I think that's the word. Fear just makes them react violently. Surprise will catch them off guard like "Surprise, the people of westcrown have thrown off the shackles of asmodeus and pave their own path in the light now" or "surprise all your puppet rulers turned out to be friends to our cause all along" There's not much they can do when it turns out the decks been stacked against them the whole time."

Rizzardo shrugs his big shoulders. "There's whole mercenary groups that's been slaughtered by the shadowbeasts. Personally I'd rather go cause some mayhem for the hellknights." He slaps one meaty fist into an open hand.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Well I am glad we have come to an understanding, I will dedicate my skills and my blade to pursuing such a cause, so long as we remain true. I have not had a very warm welcome in this city due to my heritage, but there is always room for a man to prove his worth by acting justly and in the interests of others"


Male Human Rogue 1 (burgler)

Stifling w laugh at call's remarks to bloodless. He finds a comfortable place to sit and watch as the others debate. [I] "do I even Care who we attack first. I'm only here because they saved my add. [/b]

Stealth, in whatever we choose to do first is my simple recommendation. Strike hard from the shadows and fade quickly. Which brings up another concern, Janice how long do you expect us to play city dogooders?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

LeVash seems deep in thought, stirring again at Rokan's question.

"A valid concern. Most of us are not inclined towards towards the public face of the hero...of the 5 of us new recruits, I think only Bejis would be palatable to the public."

"So I think we would not do so publicly. If we perform our activities anonymously, and leave some sort of calling card, then we can build a reputation for the group separate from our own selves. If we are very lucky, we will inspire others to ape the behavior."

He smiles slightly, "And if harsh decisions and sharp blades are called for...then we don't leave the identifier, and the group gains no dirt on its name. If we are willing to be subtle, we can have both goals, I think."


Male Orc Expert 5
Rokan wrote:
Janice how long do you expect us to play city dogooders?"[/b]

There is no Janice. And Janiven's gone out for the night.


Male Orc Expert 5

There seems to be soem general agreeance among the group though it seems half hearted as some don't appear to understand exactly what LeVash and Rokan are implying.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Simply playing at being do-gooders will never be enough, to inspire the people truly you need to be a do-gooder. I hear a lot of hard words about "harsh decisions and sharp blades" thrown about, hard words and hard looks never won any fights, but they have managed to lose a few. Clearly you can make harsh decisions, as can any feral animal when choosing to bite anything in its path, but can you make good ones? There's the real question. Can you make the decisions that will achieve our goals and win over the populace?"

"If all we want to do is say one thing publicly and then do the opposite in private, if all we want to de is be corrupt and dirty whilst pretending to be noble, if all we want to do is fight and swing our blades around thoughtlessly out of anger, then we perfectly resemble some of the very Hellknights people profess to hate, the only difference is the Hellknights have the common decency to identify themselves by wearing it as a badge, so they'd be one step less reprehensible than us"

Bloodless starts addressing the crowd, standing erect and tall, his white angelic face almost glowing, his otherworldly eyes glintling brightly.

"No, my Brothers and Sisters of the Haloran League, that is NOT our way is it? A new Westcrown, a fresh beginning, a beacon to all of Cheliax that the corrupt and the uncaring are no longer welcome, that the House of Thrune is not the way of decent people, that we are people who only wish to live in peace and safety and earn an honest days wage for an honest days work, and to have a roof over our heads and the heads of our kin... no Brothers and Sisters, we reject fear, we embrace hope, are you with me Brothers and Sisters?" He implores to the gathering...

Diplomacy - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

He looks back at LeVash, an odd glance, almost as though making a point.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

"I see you are a man absolutely sure in his morality, with no inclination to compromise your ideals for practical considerations. So be it."

"Feel free to try things your way. I will not attempt to convince you otherwise. However, do me the same courtesy. I will not endanger myself or my companions here for foolishness, nor will I listen to lectures."


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Ah'm with Scarface over here," Calla says, jerking her thumb at LeVash.

"Ah'm not too worried about how to inspire the common people of Westcrown because what good is a butcher, baker or candlestick maker goin' to do against a Hellknight? Be 'bout as useful as a lawyer salesman in the River Kingdoms. Ah came here because Ah thought there were people who would try to solve the problems of Westcrown, not get all its citizens killed. A hate to say it but Blondie's idea about striking from the shadows and getting out of dodge is probably the best way to operate right now."

"But if y'all want to have a fancy name and leave signs that you've been somewhere, Ah'm not going to stop you. Just don't expect me to leave any lady's favors for strangers to see as symbols."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Ahhh, and there's the rub Calla. You see yourself as above the populace, but you have done little to nothing to prove it so, all you have done is show a desire to snap at the Hellknights and carry on like a common rogue. All you see is Hellknights, and you can't move past that, you just want someone to pick a fight with. Do you really want to make this a better place, or is your only interest carnage and bloodshed, if thats the case I'll be sure to flick you your piece of silver later for the mercenary you are"

"So what IS your motivation? or is it simply to wander around seeking the attention of men that wouldn't have you, fighting the Hellknights who wouldn't want you either?"


Male Human Barbarian 5

Bejis is still sleeping.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Ah am above the commoners, Whitey. Ah am of the House of Tas'Vere."

"What do Ah want? Look around you. The House of Thrune is runnin' this city and country into the ground. Ah'm a patriot, and Ah believe there are better things for Cheliax and the city Ah've made mah home. If no one else is willing to challenge the local rule, Ah will."

"You sound like an Andoren, with their grand experiment. People need someone to lead them and keep them safe. Askin' a butcher to decide what the empire should do doesn't make a lick of sense. Since Queen Abrogail and her ilk are more interested in consorting with devils, someone else needs to lead Cheliax back to glory. And if no one else will do it, Ah guess Ah'll have to."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless laughs at the woman.

"Oh? Curious, if you are so nobly born and titled then surely your skills are better suited representing your family title in the courts and manor houses of Westcrown, you have chosen an odd bunch to fall in with for someone so noble of birth. Perhaps you could consider showing us the benefits of your high born and cultured life and let your actions be an example to us all, as we are just common folk after all, Milady"

"You are right, asking a butcher to decide what an empire should do makes very little sense at all, you might consider that next time you press to kill helpless prisoners in cold blood, Devils and Hellknights can be accused of a lot of things, but a bloody minded consistency and a bond to their word sits amongst that, can you say the same for yourself? LeVash here talks of doing deeds as suits him in order to ensure survival and a degree of 'suits him at the time' morality... well if its such self interest and no sense of right, just how may coppers would he sell us out for, or how quickly would he give us all up for the Hellknights the minute he was captured?"

"Yourself and your confederate there talk of ensuring safety and survival, I put it to you that your present ways are the greatest threat to both for all of us"

"If you wish to be regarded as above the common people Calla, then set yourself as the example for them to look up to, the respect will not be given, it must be earned, and right now I'd say you are in debt"

Bloodless keeps an eye on the crowd, to see how they are aligning...


Male Orc Expert 5
Bloodless wrote:


Diplomacy - 1d20+10

Your speech gets mixed results Fiosa, Sclavo, Ermalos and Amaya seemed enamored with your speech and seem almost enthralled by your presence. Yakopulio is stifling laughter at your display. Vitti and Mathalen don't appear to be notice and are going about the business they were doing. The rest seem visibly unnerved by you. For what reason you can't really tell.

As you and Calla begin to bicker they all watch with interest. Yakopulio excuses herself from the room but in the moments of silence her uproarious laughter can be heard from across the temple.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Satisfied for the moment, Bloodless awaits the inevitable retort.

She totally wants me


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Our ways don't have us stuck with a bound Hellknight in this church, who will happily give up every one of these people to her confederates. You still haven't said what you plan to do with her; carry her around for the rest of her your or her life?"

"And, unless you've forgotten, the apparent leader of this little revolution was also for leaving her in the sewers. D'you think she'll sell out this group for a few coppers too? You don't know me, Whitey, so Ah don't know why you think Ah'd do anything for a measly copper piece. Even if Ah would, Ah'd still be putting this group at less risk than you and your braindead plan to bring a live Hellknight into our midst. Why not let a bunch o' poisonous vipers loose in here too while you're at it!"


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"No 'my way' would have had that Hellknight dead as a doornail in that sewer, I would have killed her as fast as I killed the other pair in bloody minded combat without so much as a backwards glance afterwards. It wasn't MY actions putting us in the situation of having to deal with prisoners, I was happy just to let them eat cold iron and be done with it. Regrettably this was foist upon me against my wishes, yet there it was and that's all there was to it."

"Unless you are also profoundly deaf, I too was arguing for leaving her down there as well, but you people wouldn't have it"

"So lets just go over that one more time, as I see your memory is patchy - I didn't take her prisoner, Bejis did. I killed all my foes outright. I wanted to leave her to her fate in the sewer, the people demanding she be brought here rather than be left there was LeVash and You. Janiven, like myself, was happy to simply leave her down there somewhere... it was you pair that insisted that was unacceptable and she be brought along"

"Curious how you 'forget' all that and seek to blame others, a viper indeed."

"Someone has to be prepared to do the right thing don't they? I thought you'd know that, being a noble and all... which leads me to that question again, how'd you fall so far to be in with the likes of us - half blood?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

"Albino, I have had it with you. You believe yourself morally superior to me, fine. You insult us, and accuse me of being willing to sell out people who have asked for my aid, you have crossed the line."

"I'll not lower myself to further discussion with you. We are done."

Shaking his head, LeVash hunts down a place to wrap himself in his cloak and get some sleep.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless watches the disappearing form of LeVash, clearly satisfied with himself that LeVash has been confronted about his actions, and his hand in bringing the prisoner here.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Calla snarls. "You're a fine one to be casting aspersions. Ah don't think there are too many pure-blooded elves or humans with skin that looks like yours!"

"But you're the one with the fault memory, Whiteface. Ah'd have been fine leaving her there. What Ah didn't want anymore was for me to be there, and since Ah needed Janiven to get me here and she wasn't leaving with you, Ah suggested whatever had to be done to get us out of there."

"This conversation makes me think Ah made a bad choice and should have stayed after all. Anything to be quit of you."

And with that she turns her back on Bloodless and stalks away, in a different direction from LeVash. Finding a place to sit, she pulls her sword and begins sharpening it.

Just looked back, and Calla actually wanted to slit her throat in the sewer. She only suggested taking her along to get everyone to shut up and move. She'd have been fine leaving her in the sewer too, for that matter, though she never said that.

So really it's Bejis who's to blame for all this. Someone should go kick him and wake him up at the very least for our troubles.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Thats was my complaint all along - wasn't prepared to kill her, but simply leave her to her fate lost (take the few odd turns down there like Janiven suggested) in the sewer with a fighters chance - if the gods see fit to deliver her and her will and courage allow it, then so be it and let her live, she didn't really have much usefull information on us.

Bringing her out was the second last thing Bloodless wanted to do, but you guys said to kill her or take her... so... kinda put him in a bad position, and believes you guys then blamed him for it, hence why he's a bit p1ssed.


Male Human Barbarian 5

As it looks like the subject of taking prisoners is going to cause a very long (and unending) debate amongst the characters, perhaps Janiven or Arael can set a policy?

I won't restart the debate, but I would also like to touch on Bejis's motivations.

1.) Bejis wasn't prepared to leave Seyla (the Hellknight) alive with a chance of escape. She knows too much.

2.) Bejis's motivation to capture Seyla is that he believes the rebellion has been betrayed (either intentionally or accidentally). He views 'interviewing' one of the Hellknights as way to .


Male Human Rogue 1 (burgler)

"if we are to be some sort of revolution, that means getting out hands dirty, i suggest everyone get used to it" Taking a cue form LeVash, Rokan too finds a place to rest, but not before adding a final word "Next time someone decides to knock their foe unconcious, I'm slitting the poor saps throat, quick and painless."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Getting your hands dirty is one thing, I think I killed more than anyone else here in that fight; getting your soul dirty is quite another. I suggest from now on, should we decide to run around with our swords swinging we at least have the sense to wear face masks like even the most common rogue... means people can't readily identify us, lets not have people dying needlessly because we were careless."

Bloodless takes his turn to rest up.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

After all this, let's not forget to actually interrogate this woman. Calla's certainly willing to help, though she doesn't have the greatest intimidate in the world.


Male Orc Expert 5

Morning comes and many of you awaken earlier to a loud thumping at the door where you were keeping the woman. Most of the rest of the group is either alseep in their own areas or actively avoiding you after the spat last ngiht and the potential for brutal killing in their midst. You get a distinct impression they did not expect any of these thigns to happen. Janiven is nowhere to be seen.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Druid (Urban) - 4

"ugh...she awakes. Just as well, I suppose."

LeVash looks about, "No Janiven. Tarvi, who is in charge?"


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4
Calumny "Calla" Tas'vere wrote:

After all this, let's not forget to actually interrogate this woman. Calla's certainly willing to help, though she doesn't have the greatest intimidate in the world.

Well on the upside, Bloodless has a pretty huge Diplomacy score (+10 - massive at our level!), perhaps he can spell out her situation in a non-threatening way and ask her to 'see reason' and find a 'helpful solution to get her out of this mess' - Good cop. If not, well you nkow how the story goes

Bloodless heads to the door.

"What?"

I assume its her

"Listen carefully, I tell you this most earnestly, I will be opening this door to come and speak with you, but you must wear a blindfold for your own safety. If you listen to my advice, and I implore you to do so, you will remain safe. If you do not listen, then you place yourself in the most dire peril. I will give you a moment before I open the door"

He signals one of his comrades to stand just past him, and to draw their weapon.

He shuts his eyes and offers a small prayer to Desna that the woman has done the right thing, bringing fortune to them both... then opens the door... with his Sap held in his clenched fist.


Male Orc Expert 5

You open the door to recieve and shapr and painful kick to the shins as the bound woman had maneuvered herself on her back to start giving good hard kicks to the door itself. Fortunately despite being painful it does little to ctually hinder you beyond mildly annoying you as she flails about. HEr blondfold adn gag are still tied on as JAniven did the night before.

Tarvi shrugs at LeVash's question. "I couldn't say. Normally one or both are around here. You gentleman seem to know what ou're doing so perhaps you are for now."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"And you stop kicking too, lest you'd like me to return the favour. Your determination and fire is admirable, but for now it would be best to put that aside. I am here to talk about how you can get out of here unharmed..."

Bloodless checks the woman over to ensure she is not particularly harmed, and then feeds her food and water. As he does, he spends the time explaining the position she is in(surrounded by people who would prefer her at the bottom of a harbour), the concerns we have (how was she following people in the sewers, how did she come by that knowledge), and the trouble with letting her go (that she might well be able to point fingers) and his concern that things need to be resolved sooner rather than later. He expresses that he'd really like 'her side of it', so she can be freed from 'all this unlpeasantness'.

He refrains from threats, but instead talks to her in a tone that a friendly uncle might use to give guidance to a wayward niece; he gives away nothing of the movement, nor uses any names.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 - attempt to shift attitude.

The above was simply truncated so as not to spend too much in-game chat back and forth bringing her around. That way we can concentrate on group-fun, not one mans 'crusade for niceness' :p - Hopefully shes gonna be cool, like Fonzi...(Pulp fiction ending :P) - NSFW

301 to 350 of 3,634 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.