Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT/DUNGEON MAP!


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,623 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless follows on, his wolf creeping alongside him.


Male Orc Expert 5

The dusty attic above is filled with expensive but old furniture, particularly chairs, tables and dinnerware making this the likely spot where much of the banquet and ballroom furniture is stored when unused. Much of this looks pretty much as expected and even a semi thorough search reveals nothing but the occasional startled torble and rat corpse.

Yet something up here unnerves you. As you make light sources for the slightly mroe human of you to see it seems as if the shadows move reluctantly away and for a second as one is lit you hear a nasty hiss as a shadow reluctantly slinks away. There's movement out of the corner of your eyes and though nothing attacks you or even seems particularly aggressive it leaves you feeling uneasy. Bloodless's new pet wolf spends much of the time with its tail curled between it's legs and stops at the threshold of the attic whining pitifully.

Handle Animal Check to make mr. wolfy come into the black and forbidding attic please.

The room you are currently in has four exits. One to the east, one to the south and oen to the north. There is also a staircase leading downward. The door to the north catches your attention purely because of the heavy and impressive looking padlock on it.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Handle Animal. 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 = 18

Bloodless looks at the wolf, trying his best to look comforting...

"That looks important" Bloodless gestures to the locked door.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Not that anything is natural in this damned city. But this truly has the smell that is touched by hell.

Aerieth very carefully begins to search the room to see what is apparent keeping her rapier out should anything decide to jump at her.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

After exploring the room, Teo stays close to Aerieth, wanting to help her when she tries to open the padlock.

Want to cast Guidance to help a bit in the disable device check.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Quite perturbing Mutters Bingomite peering into the shadows, nooks and crannies of the room. As he searches Bingo gives off a nervous high-pitched laugh. There's something... off here.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male Human Barbarian 5

"We should check the other rooms before going in to the locked one. Secure our flank and all that..."


Male Orc Expert 5

So where are we going?


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"That does make sense, Beljis. Let's clear all the unlocked doors first. Then we can focus on that padlock over there."


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Lets check the unlocked doors first. South first.

Ailetha moves over and begins to examine the door for any traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 <-- extra +1 to find traps

DD(if necessary): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Bingo nods hesitantly in agreement before quietly moving over to one of the doors. Do you think it might be trapped? he hisses to Aerieth, looking at the door as if it might suddenly grow a pair of eyes. Then realizing that if it was trapped he would be dangerous close to it, he shuffles back slightly, putting some of the riff-raff and curios between him and the door.


Male Orc Expert 5

Slight retcon on description. There are three door to the east.

After clering the door All of you enter the south chamber to find yourselves standing in....the limehouse.

Or rather this is what the limehouse would be if it was several months from being done, located in an attic and missing its colorful owner and his assistant. Perhaps a more accurate description would be that this is the mayor's soon to be private theatre. Obviously a must for any rich fanboy of the opera with way too much money. There's little else of interest here even after a thorough search. Across from it to the east is what you can only assume to be the actor's dressing room.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Perhaps Aerieth should just put up a bunch of rolls. If we are expecting the other two rooms to be uninhabited, we can check that, then get then get to what seems to be the interesting room.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Sounds smart to me.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Searching other rooms:

Perception(southern most east room): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25
Perception(middle east room): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
Perception(northern most east room): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11

If necessary:

DD: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
DD: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Following on!


Male Orc Expert 5

The southermost east room appears to have once been a lounge though it does not seem to have been used in a long while.

The next room makes your heart stop cold. It's a dungeon, complete with bars, manacles and all manner of torture devices complete with dried blood stains on the floor. Unfortunately for those looking for cause to start revolutions everythign is covered in a thick layer of dust and many of the torture devices are covered in a canvas tarp. It's obvious that at least this mayor hasn't made much if any use of this room.

The northernmost eastern room would be more interesting if you had lots more time on your hands. It's an old record room, a brief appraisal of its contents suggests paperwork, deeds, and other miscellany official documents dating back to Aroden's death. Unfortunately the time it woudl take to sort through it and find juicy documents would get in the way of your task and increase the chances of you getting caught doing something impolite as a guest dramatically.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"This is easily the strangest home I've ever been in," Teo mutters as she looks through the various rooms. "I wouldn't expect a dungeon and an office to be right beside each other."


Male Human Barbarian 5
Teo Brissett wrote:
"I wouldn't expect a dungeon and an office to be right beside each other."

Bejis mutters, "Law and evil, hand in hand...."


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

I imagine that devils like to keep a record of who they torture.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Solemnly Bingo nods in understanding. His facade of cheeriness dropping away for a brief moment before comming bubbling to the surface. Yes, it all makes perfect sense really. This is Westcrown, where the mailed fist of the dottori is covered by a veneer of silk. one hand to strike while the other to beckon. Let's move on.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless simply moves past the paperwork, "At least we all know how they operate and how they all think"


Male Orc Expert 5

The northern door's lock is pretty sturdy looking of good quality. It is to date the first locked door you have encountered.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"Aerith, I assume this is your calling," Two nods toward the lock. "I can give you a bit of assistance. I think I've seen such a lock before. It has a tricky bolt, if I recall correctly."

Cast Guidance as she attempts to pick the lock.


Male Human Barbarian 5

"Alright, let's get to work. Hopefully this is what we are looking for." Bejis will stand guard, watching for threats. He will also take out a wad of Barbarian Chew and put it in a pocket, for quick future use.Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

For our new players, Bejis is the meat-shield. He can keep raging while he has rounds left when unconscious, but will need a heal quickly. Also, Bloodless can hold his own in the front line.
You all need to specify how aggressive you want for the party to go into combat. We also need to keep limited use resources (spells, potions, etc.) saved for the bigger guys. In the past, it felt like we kicked out too much on the mid level fights, and didn't have enough for the end.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Well Teo and myself can both heal. I built myself to act as the primary healer if necessary. I think you also have a wand of cure light wounds left from the play so we can use that to supplement healing if necessary. I have some offensive tricks that can be powerful, but they are not always effective. Don't expect a ton of damage out of me initially, but if I can I'll lead with a Color Spray and then follow up with a Bless and from then on shoot crossbow bolts at targets.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Cool, I'll keep defaulting to being a Very Bloody Bloodless until the healers ask us to tone down :p

Bloodless watches with interest as the lock is being dealt with.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Aerieth moves over and carefully examines the lock. She then attempts to disable or unlock it as relevant.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Second DD, if necessary: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18
Adding 1 for guidance on each check assuming that Teo would recast it.

Hope you all are standing well back, because something just went BOOM.


Male Orc Expert 5

Rather than an earth shattering KABOOM! There's a disappointed jangling and muttered cursing as the lock stubbornly refuses to be unlocked.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

A few more Disable Device Attempts:

DD: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28
DD: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
DD: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26

If that does not work, she will slow down and take 20.


Male Orc Expert 5

After an agonizingly long amount of time where everyone simply pulls up chairs and takes a rest wile the elf fights, cries, and gets really really aggravated, the lock finally clicks and falls to the floor wiht a heavy iron thud.

DC was 30


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"Slow and steady wins the race, right Aerieth? Unless an ogre or something is chasing you I suppose...then fast might be better," Teo counts off, as she clearly had lost a bit of focus during the lock ordeal.


Male Orc Expert 5

Just swear fealty to the ogre. Works for some people.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Hey, the only campaign I am in with an ogre PC, the ogre just got the enemy bugbears and goblins to decide to swear fealty to us rather than attack. It is good to have an ogre.

As the lock finally releases, Aerieth lets out a sigh. About as tough as I could possibly disarm. Whatever is up here, this guy must value. Strange that there was no trap though, I would have expected one. Or perhaps he is so cocky about his position that he did not think that anyone would ever break in.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"You normally set a trap to keep someone out, but what if the lock was there to keep something in?"

Bloodless will move forward to advance the party.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"That's an absolutely horrible thought, Bloodless."


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"We're in a horrible place"


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"Well, I guess you are certainly right about that."


Male Human Barbarian 5

Bejis advances with Bloodless, covering his back.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Oh I don't know Bloodless, sure the people are rude, slavery is abundant, oh and lets not forget about the lack of religious and personal freedoms... and the devil worshiping of course. But really aside from all that its not bad. Sheepishly finishing, Bingo fiddles with his spectacles momentary while lost in thought. She's just fallen on hard times. It was before your time, but I remember how Westcrown used to be. This was back when the twelve visages of Aroden along the Parego Spera canal were washed daily and people from all over came to visit the "City of Nine Stars". She can be great again. I know it.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"I hope to one day see such a sight, I began this quest in earnest, to help the downtrodden and set a fine example, to be a light in their darkness - yet when they saw my light they acted more like cockroaches and fled to the corners to watch again from the edges, to sit in the dark cracks out of sight... I find their cowardice and lack of altruism fills me with deep dismay. Then again that is perhaps for the best, as it allows me to keep my mind on what I was really born for"


Male Orc Expert 5

BDSM games with drunken cougars at the mayor's mansion?


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

...everyone is entitled to R&R!


Male Orc Expert 5

The north attic is much similar to the one you left. The only difference being it's much dustier. A door to the southwest is the first obvious exit.

Perception checks please.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 (+5 if I can see the night sky)


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Orc Expert 5

That will suffice.

Bingo:
Bingo notices the faint outline of a door to the north. It's exceedingly well hidden and you can only see it because of the faint, haunting glow coming from aorund the edges through the thick dust.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

In mid conversation with Bloodless, Bingo looks over his shoulder towards the far wall. Sorry my good man, one moment please. Bingo cheerfully replies stepping around the white hunter. Aerieth, I think there's a hidden door over there. Bingo prompts pointing to the northern wall. If you look close you can seethe glow coming from around the edges. Oh and Bloodless, I apologies for interrupting you. If you like once we have found what we are looking for and its daylight, I would be happy to take you around to several places I have fond memory's of in the city. It might be an inspiration to you if I told you more of how it used to be. Oh! But we will need to wait a few weeks, I think the Dottori are still looking for me, but I am sure that will all sort its self out, probably just a misunderstanding.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Bejis will draw his Greatsword, keeping it in hand in case it is needed. He follows behind the others, letting them do their work. He will continue to be on guard.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"That sounds like a nice idea, Bingo. Seeing the city from your eyes would be a definite experience, I am sure."

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,623 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.