Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP!


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,490 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

The comment was due to my terrible perception roll, sorry about any confusion


Male Human Barbarian 5

Are there any other entrances/doors to the lounge? Do I recognize the noble as having attended the dinner?


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

The gnome in me wants to use dancing lights and ghost sound to give him a trip he will never forget.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Might not hurt to confuse him, we don't want witnesses. I'm more concerned about how many people we can expect to show up here. This might be the rumored attic harem.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

This might be a good spot for my Slumber hex.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Slumber should put him out quietly.

@Tark: Does it look like the noble is close to passing out anyways?


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Slumber Hex DC 15 Will

Teo waits as the others run across the room. She softly calls out to the man, hoping to lull him to a calm relaxed state, allowing the chemicals he had consumed to help him drift off to a comfortable rest.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Leaving the handling of the man to the people with the talents to do so, Bloodless waits to see how the situation unfolds.


Male Orc Expert 5

There is a stair case leading downward and two doors other than the secret passage you came in on. One leads north and the other northeast and appears parallel to the passage you came from.

The man slumps over quite quickly from Teo's charm his will little more than a soft jelly donut after the drugs have taken hold. In a sense she may have saved him some pain before he tried to rip the imaginary spiders from his skin.

I'll try to have an updated map sometime tomorrow and link it in the campaign as Bejis requested.


Male Human Barbarian 5

After the noble slumps over, Bejis will check the room for secret doors/panels/portals, (including the ceiling).
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"He should be out for a good bit," Teo informs the others, as they search through the room.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Pushing the spectacles onto his nose, Bingo looks around the space. I'll give you a hand Bejis. It would be inconsiderate not to give the place a sound looting, considering what they did to poor Adana

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 +5 if the sky is visable


Male Orc Expert 5

Bejis, even with Bingo's aid cannot find any secret panels or doors.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless just continues to watch on and let the experts ply their trade.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Seeing her companions unable to find any other hidden ways, and being sure that they are there, Aerieth joins in the hunt.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Aid another Perception check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Aerieth, check over here by this desk...is there something there?"


Male Orc Expert 5

One little update before I go to bed.

Despite your thorough search of the room all you find are expensive furnishings, lint, and the mans sweat stained drawers. On the bright side you can easily blame the upside down room on the ravings of a drugged and troubled man.


Male Orc Expert 5

Added the current mansion map to the campaign info.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Thanks - you can also post the map at the top of the Gameplay tab, so the it is a little easier to access. Either way having it makes things much easier.

Aerieth goes and listens at the door from this room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

If I do not hear anything, I will quietly open it and see what is outside.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless moves into position to assist Aerith. His scrappy wolf by his side.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Ah yes, that map Makes things much clearer.

Teo follows behind, trying to control her breathing so that she provides no distraction from the ones listening at the door.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Looks like the images for the maps from here have expired.

Bejis is ready to move on, waits on Aerieth to check the door. Bejis would check the north door first, if asked.


Male Orc Expert 5

Stepping out of the room you find yourselves in a red carpeted alcove with three doors. Two to the north and one to the west.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Nervously wringing his hands together Bingo peeks around the alcove while whispering to his companions. Oh dear, there's so many doors here. Do we have a map or something like that?


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"No map, it's just guesswork. Odd place to hide a Harem though"


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Teo waits for Aerieth to select a door to proceed through. "Which one do you want, Aerieth?" She felt more comfortable with the trap spotter being the one to select the upcoming path.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Before moving, Aerieth speaks a few arcane words and then points at her four companions.

Whisper: Using this magic, we can communicate by whispering. It usually works even between rooms and at distances up to fifty paces.

Aerieth then calmly moves from door to door listening for any sounds behind them.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

If anything is heard, she will tell her companions. If not, then she will use the motto of right is right and proceed to open the door to the right of where they entered.


Male Human Barbarian 5
Bloodless wrote:
"No map, it's just guesswork. Odd place to hide a Harem though"

"This might not be the harem, we might have only found an escape route."

Are our new guys up to speed on what we are doing here?

"Teo, Bingo, we've heard rumors that there is a harem in the 'attic', which probably means there are more secret doors around. In anycase, the space we are looking for is probably not in material space. You two should be looking for magic at work."

"We need to search the empty rooms quickly, so we can focus on the 'interesting' stuff together."

Bejis will do a quick search of the hallway.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Teo nods at the summary from the barbarian. "I can look for any magical signs, while you all look for more mundane signs of activity." With that said, she mutters a few words, and her eyes flash a vibrant blue for just a split second before returning to their normal hue.

Cast Detect Magic and keep it running while we are searching.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

As Aerieth sees Teo begin to cast what she know to be a divination spell to detect magic, Aerieth puts up a hand to stop her: Don't do that unless you want a terrific headache. This whole place is magic, infused with the taint of the infernal. Some spells used here are far beyond my capabilities and have the possibility of actually harming those using simple detection spells.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

"What kind of strange place is this then? I've never heard of a place with that much overwhelming magic..."


Male Human Barbarian 5

Bejis looks puzzled upon hearing Aerieth's statement. "Then how are we going to find the Knot?"

We are searching for the Asmodian Knot, some kind of extra dimensional space or pocket plane, which has an entrance somewhere in the house.

Turning to Teo and Bingo, "Oh, there are rumors of a nasty devil thing in the basement, with further rumors that it runs things in the house."

Edit - See:
Delvhalven is our long term goal.
This where we get our current goal.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4
earlier clues wrote:


Bedroom(?) an asmodean priest used to be in attendance here. However rumoured he left behind something in his bedrooms - curse/trap meant to curse the mayor/city with eternal night.

Attic (or near bedrooms per above?)- talk the Mayor endinging party and ejecting guests when they attempted to reach a hidden harem in the attic.

While the rumor that he has a deformed son has been debunked, now believed pickled heads of rivals from his younger years stored up there.

"Suppose it has to be somewhere up here, based on what we heard earlier. Not many legends relating to the basement and almost all of the stories were based on the upper level. They also mentioned the fireplace, so perhaps its some intersection of the chimney and the upper levels? Dunno..."


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Bingo taps his foot in thought. So we work our way up? Checking each room on the way.

Tark, do these doors have keyholes Bingo could see though to determine if there's anyone on the other side


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"Let's do that... if we have to check any rooms then we check em, and if someone is in em then we are lost partygoers looking for the orgy"


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Yes! Bingo exclaims while simultaneously nodding in agreement with Bloodless. Just lost partygoers. That’s it exactly! Putting action to word Bingo goes to the first door that they have not explored and opens it up and peaks inside.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

Bloodless follows on...keen to find the Knot.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Teo follows Bngo's lead and takes a peek at any unopened doors the party has come across.


Male Orc Expert 5

Sadly even after turning the rooms you enter upside down you find little of interest. They are merely unoccupied guest rooms facing the west side of the manor. The windows are closed and barred in the westcrown way the best to keep shadowbeasts from inquiring about the rooms contents.


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Tark I am looking at the current map but I wanted to confirm something. It looks like there are several doors leading out of the lower left room on the map, is this correct? And is there also a door on the top left side of the large balcony room? Trying to get my bearings for where we could go next.


Male Orc Expert 5

Updated map. There is one door in the lower left room of the map that is unexplored the white bits otherwise facing out are windows.

There is a door at the top left of the balcony room. Map should be a touch clearer now on that.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Teo will crack the unexplored door and take a peek into what lies beyond.


M Aasimar HP:42/42, AC:16/T:12/FF:14 - Percep: +11(Dark Vis) F:+5/R:+6/W:+3 CMD: 19, Spd: 30ft, Init: +4/+6 Ranger 4

"This might just be rooms and the concealed crawlspace might just be one of many... we could be in the wrong spot"


Male Orc Expert 5

Teo opens the door to find another alcover leading to...more doors. Exploring those doors she finds...

East: The walls of this long room are devoted to paintings and portraits of Aberian’s great love—the theater. Pictured here are scenes from two dozen different plays one even shows the scene from The Six Trials of Larazod in which Larazod is consumed by the beast. The paintings are colorful but not particularly well crafted—Aberian’s taste in art is somewhat undiscriminating. The stairs lead up. A velvet rope with a sign in Common that says “Do Not Enter” hangs over the bottom of the stairs.

North: A really big open space. Suitable for a ball room perhaps?


Male Gnome Oracle (Heavens) 4 AC 20/12/18 (+2 in urban terrain) / HP 26/26 /F +4 R +3 W +5/Init. +1/Perc. +11 (+5 at night)

Eyeing the velvet rope and sign Bingomite gives a nervous high pitched laugh. If that's not a invitation, then I don't know what is! Waving over to his companions Bingo gives his best impression of a snootish Chelish doorman arrogantly checking names off a list while allowing the high and mighty to enter. Yes, yes up we go, where it stops nobody knows!


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Aerieth looks at the rope and stairway, and then begins to carefully examine the stairs for anything out of the ordinary, or dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 <-- +1 more for traps


Male Orc Expert 5

Aerieth finds that they creak ominously and loudly. But beyond that nothing malevolent.


Female Halfling Witch 5 HP 29/29; AC 14/13/11

Teo nods and follows behind the group as they climb the stairs.


Female Elf Rogue 2/Wizard(Air Elementalist) 3 (HP 33/33; AC 14(18 w/Mage Armor), FF 14, T 18)

Detecting nothing dangerous, Aerieth slowly makes her way up the stairs cringing as her less stealthy fellows follow up the noisy stairs.


Male Human Barbarian 5

Not being good at stealthy work, Bejis waits for Aerieth to signal an all clear, or an obvious indication that they have been spotted anyway.

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,490 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Rebels with a Cause All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.