Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


201 to 250 of 3,964 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok walks 20' towards the corner and holds, waiting until his stupidly short legs allow him to round the corner.


Male Human Witch 5

"Yes castor there are many rats in the sewers today."

Move to J-4 direct all 4 dancing lights to e-4. This should place us in dim light but the knights in normal.

Action:
Evil eye on lead arminger -2ac dc14 1 round if save made 7 if not.


Male Orc Expert 5

Ack! You're waiting on me sry. I should mention that as before theis group of hellknights is carrying a lantern bearer in the lead. Also I'm very disappointed that Pollux made no comment about the wizard writing complicated legal documents in his own blood during a battle.

The hellknight shakes off the longterm effects of Pollux's curse still unnerved enoug toug tat his swing goes wide adn shoots sparks off the stone corridor as his sword clangs against the wall. From behind him the back hellknight curses in frustration as his crossbow bolt deflects off the side of a wall and bounces harmlessly off pollux's head.

Janiven retreats to regroup with Morisono who dives into a nearby hollow for cover.

Whole lot of nothing going on that round.

Updated Map


Male Dwarf Monk/2

What penalty (if any) do I have for throwing a shuriken through my group?


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:
What penalty (if any) do I have for throwing a shuriken through my group?

-4 for throwing into melee without the precise shot feat.


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:
What penalty (if any) do I have for throwing a shuriken through my group?

-4 for throwing into melee without the precise shot feat. If you aim past them it's still -4 since you also have soft cover of your allies to deal with as well. Sadly these very thin corridors are not treating you well.


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:
Also I'm very disappointed that Pollux made no comment about the wizard writing complicated legal documents in his own blood during a battle.

Well I can't actually see the Tik-Man right now so I am withholding comment.

Round 2

The lantern bearer stops for a moment, unsure whether he or his enemy was holding the lantern.

Evil eye on lead arminger. -2 to saves DC 14.

really not enjoying how well the armingers are rolling their saves.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar attempts once more to bury the head of his morningstar in the lead armiger.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Just to not slow things up, here's my "action" for my turn.

Tok takes a step back and stands his ground to wait and see if a HellKnight breaks through Caldazar and Merax. Should one come through, he unloads a Flurry of Blows on them as they round the corner.

Attack 1:
To Hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack 2:
To Hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian feverishly signs the document he has prepared. It promptly erupts in a spark of flame, consumed in an instant. In a similar burst of flame, an unholy bird appears in the air by Caldazar, screeches, and dives into the lead armiger.

Claw:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bite:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, 1d4 ⇒ 1

Sclivian looks at the situation, realizes that it wasn't quite the effect he should have gone for, shakes his head, picks up and loads his crossbow.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax will once again swing his Greataxe.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Orc Expert 5

As the party continues a valiant struggle aginst the hellknights one nearly manages to score a hit on Merax he is saved only by the partial cover of the stone corner he and the hell knight are fighting around! Pollux's curse settles on him neatly forcing his defenses to be exposed to the mad mans whims.

The two other hell knights pull their own crossbows and one fires a shot down the corridor to no effect. Janiven impatiently waits behind looking for an opportunity to draw blood with her bow again.

Updated Map


Male Human Witch 5

Round 3

Pollux smiles....

The lantern bearers swings become unsteady. Memories of spear drill blend with the present, leading the lantern bearer to question what weapon they are using.

evil eye on lantern bearer -2 to attack rolls dc 14. Round 2 of 7 for -2 saves on lantern bearer.

"My that is a lovely bird. I wonder what you feed it?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Morningstar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Caldazar continues his somewhat ineffectual assault.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian laughs at Pollux's comment. "It would want my soul, but it's not very smart. It claims it for the length of time--" the eagle disintegrates in a puff of sulfurous vapor "--it remains on this plane. By leaving, it relinquishes the claim."

He hangs back with Janiven and Morisono, waiting for a good shot. "Just a little rider in the contract."


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax yells back to Pollux as he starts his next swing Round 3 action.
"Perhaps you would take greater care to aim your hexes further from me Pollux, I seem to have great difficulty hitting my enemies and I can't help but notice this has started today!"
Muttering something under his breath in another language, he swings once more with renewed vigor using Destructive Smite for the extra +1 damage, if I hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Sigh. A natural 20 on my first pbp roll ever, mostly low single digits forever after. If we ever get out of the city, I will hunt down and kill every rabbit I find and save all their feet until I have enough to make a full suit of armor.


Male Orc Expert 5

Going to give Tok a couple of hours before I assume he's going to hold again. Just not much he can do again now the poor little guy.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Oh, I'm really sorry to hold things up. I'll just hold until I can do something.


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:
Oh, I'm really sorry to hold things up. I'll just hold until I can do something.

No worries not much you cna do with a wall of meat between you and everyone else.

The battle drags on as both sides fall into a vicious stalemate. Pollux's curse settles again on the leading hellknight making him do spear drills when he's wielding a sword. The other two curse and mutter as they continually fail to meet their mark. The lead Hellknight is begginning to grow desperately frustrated.

Map is unchanged save the lack of eagle so I'm not goign to bother with that.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Still determined to bring down the Hellknight in front of him, Meraxilar swings again.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
still using Destructive Smite, this time it's a natural 1 on both attack and damage


Male Human Witch 5

Pollux looks interested, "I wonder who Mr. Zoon is fighting?"

The lantern bearer begins to wonder if they are their body or if they are an artificial construct created for some fell purpose.

Evil eye on lantern bearer, -2ac dc14 1rd on save 7 on miss.
round 3 of 7 for -2saves. Round 2 of 7 for -2 to hit. Come on Zoon! Take out the lantern bearer and everybody gets a 20% miss chance vs the hellknights.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian continues to wait, also checking back down the tunnel to the east to make sure no one corners us.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Caldazar lashes out with his morningstar.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Meraxilar swings again...
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

missed the critical confirmation, having issues with 3G on my iPhone


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok, dramatically, holds.


Male Orc Expert 5

The battle continues to dragon on for embarassing amounts of time as Pollux's curse again settles on the hellknight.

"Ye gods man! Get out of the way!" On of the others behind him calls out.

As the man turns his head to curse his companions Merax takes an opening and leaves a deep gash in the mans chest with his axe.

Updated Map.

Meraxilar went already for this round so I counted his rolls and thigns for next.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30
TarkXT wrote:


Meraxilar went already for this round so I counted his rolls and thigns for next.

What round are we in? I got confused. I've been following Caldazar and I assumed we began round 5. Sorry in advance if I was wrong.


Male Orc Expert 5

It's currently round 5 yes. Think you got a bit confused in round 4 since you were the first person to go in that round. You went first this round and dealt 8 damage to mr. lantern armiger.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Morningstar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Caldazar takes another swing with his morningstar.

I'd like to take a 5ft step back to allow Tok to take my place in melee if possible. Can he squeeze into where I am without trouble?


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Which square are you in Cal? And where will you move?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

I thought I was the guy in the nook, but I'm not sure - I might be the bearded guy directly in front of the hellknights. I've only got one place to go which is back alongside Janiven.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

I think i'm the bearded guy in I4

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian hangs back, guarding the rear, and watching Janiven and Morisono.


Male Orc Expert 5

Fine, fine. Maps with names just seem so cluttered...


Male Human Witch 5

Is there any Way to make a key? Something like a list of pictures down one side with names attached and then you would not need names on the map?

Round 5

"..."

You are right He's no fun anymore.

The arminger behind the lamp bearer becomes distracted as the leaping shadows seem to form words in a language he cannot understand.

evil eye dc14 -2 saves 1 round if passed 7 if not. On lamp bearer round 4 of 7 -2 saves, Round 3 of 7 -2 to hit, round 2 of 7 -2 ac.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok moves to replace Caldazar at the front lines. Does this trigger an AOO?

As he steps forward, he attempts to strike the Hellknight in the neck with an elbow strike.

Unarmed Attack - Lethal Damage
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Tark, please start adding 8 to all of our rolls. Thank you. :)


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:

Tok moves to replace Caldazar at the front lines. Does this trigger an AOO?

As he steps forward, he attempts to strike the Hellknight in the neck with an elbow strike.

Unarmed Attack - Lethal Damage
To Hit: d20 + 3
Damage:d6 + 3

Tark, please start adding 8 to all of our rolls. Thank you. :)

It doesn't if you're doing it the way I'm thinking. I'll add +8 to your rolls when I can add +8 to mine.

Pollux's curses continue to slowly rend the enemies capabilities in twain. In complete frustration the lanterns companion curses as he sends another bolt bouncing off the walls. "Ye gods man jsut get the bloody hell out of the way! They're barely competent I could've skwewered them myself hours ago!"

The lead man growls as he jerks his sword up towards tok and misses. "Silence you or I'll skewer you on me spear and crush you under my massive stone feet when I'm done with these fleshbags!"

Updated Map.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar loops his morningstar back onto his belt and strings his shortbow, nocking an arrow.


Male Human Witch 5

Round 6

"It is a good thing we were not here hours ago, we would have been skewered."

Evil eye on HK 2 dc 14 -2 to hit. 1 round if passed 7 if not.
Current effects. HK1 5 of 7 -2 saves 4 of 7 -2 to hit 3 of 7 -2 AC.
HK2 6 of 7 -2 saves.

The insulting hellknight finds himself carefully compensating for wind, in a sewer.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Round 6
Merax continues to hack away at the Hellknight with his axe.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Dwarf Monk/1

With intense focus, Tok aims a flurry of blows at the Hellknight in front of him.

Attack 1:
To Hit:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack 2:
To Hit:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Orc Expert 5

Going to assume that Scliivians continuing to do the hold action deal.

As Tok shatters the bones and organs of the first hell knight his body barely stops breathing before the next one steps in with a laugh as he drops his crossbow.

"Finally! Teran the Great gets to show his mettle!"

Merax steps in and the hellknight easily sidesteps the blow. The remaining hell knight groans at his companions bad pun and continues firing down the hall to no effect.

Updated Map.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar crosses his metaphorical fingers and risks a bowshot.

Short bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Orc Expert 5
Caldazar wrote:

Caldazar crosses his metaphorical fingers and risks a bowshot.

Short bow: 1d20+3 for 1d6

[ooc]Unfortunately you need to be where polux is standing right now to make that shot. Plus even if you were it'd be at a -4 penalty due to firing in melee.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Ok, I suppose I'll join the twiddle thumbs brigade up the back then.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Not sure but are you changing tokens, Tark? I'm not sure which token I am on the last map anymore. Also, let me know when we begin round 7 please. :)

If someone wants me to move out of the way just say something, otherwise Im the frontline type. I feel like i'm stopping some of you from having fun, close quarter sewer fighting can be a bummer when we only fit single file though.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Merax, after your attack, can you step back and allow me to move up and flurry? Then, next round, I can move out of the way for Cal. Sound ok?

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian, fresh out of ideas, stays out of the way and lets those more tested by combat to contribute.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Tok - I think if Merax just 5ft steps back into the nook, then you can make the hellknight step up and be in base-base with both of you.
No need to step out to let me in, I'm sure you'll do better in melee than me.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

For round 7 I'll take a 5' step into the nook and hold my attack until the Hellknight steps up

201 to 250 of 3,964 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.