Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


2,351 to 2,400 of 3,951 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Human Witch 5

Pollux carefully divides his gold between Castor and himself. As the evening wears on he becomes more and more animated as the sums never seem to come out properly. Later he will find a small pile of coins hidden in his pack.

"This is a nicer place than the theater. Not as flammable. Pity about Petronicus. Should we save coins for his eyes?" Pollux looks up at the group two gold coins sunk into the, gods you hope it is makeup, covering his eyes.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

To Pollux: "We may not need pay the ferryman for Petronicus... I saw the Asmodean priest carry him away - purportedly to be raised from death at the Mayor's expense."


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

If that is correct then my mood is lifted greatly. However, how is he going to be mentally? I mean is the trauma that he went through going to make him unhinged or make him a shell of himself? For his sake I should hope not. But enough with the gloom.nvaldazar my spirits are high. We survived, made money, and embarrassed and humiliated Thesing. What more do we need to celebrate?


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"Unmaking Thesing would have been cause to celebrate, alas a bloodied rose was on his side."
Merax lounges with the others, his mood still soured.


Male Human Witch 5

"It will be good to have the figment back. Castor enjoys sleeping in his shoe."

Pollux begins stacking coins. Castor's small paws carefully positioning each one.

....

"Oh, do not fret Xarem."

Pollux looks at the cleric through the opening of the arch of coins he and Castor have carefully constructed.

"Think of fair Tian Xia. There his name is unheard and his efforts and affronts touch them not. From their viewpoint Thesing does not exist. The man unmade by trivial distance. More than that, from their shores poor Thesing was never made in the first place....."

"Of course the same can be said for each of us."

Pollux carefully removes the central coin causing the arch to crash noisily to the table.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar waves at the door "He has not likely gotten far Merax - chase after him if you must... but to have ended him in the theater would likely have ended us as well... besides, Pollux has a point. Unless we decide that acting is now our life's desire... we are unlikely to share a room with the pissant again."


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Tis a pity. I was growing accustomed to the role of Drovalid and enjoyed making him squeal and scream. Perhaps it is better this way as too much of that nature would bring about no good I fear. We must temper our rash impulses now for the while until we know what is next in store for us.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Dumbstruck a moment before launching into a healthy laugh Caldazar sighs "Well don't expect any more of Krona's sweet embraces. I'm not sure Lily would approve."

You did say you were growing accustomed to the role...


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

A brief look of insanity flashes in Tal's eyes. Shaking his head, No Caldazar, I take that back. I am done with the play and need no more embraces from you. One was enough and that one will haunt me to my grave I am sure.

Looking around to make sure that no one is listening in on this part of the converstation, Cal, do you think we should take a look in Thesing's room for any items that could be put into good use? I mean he does owe us for the meal earlier. And with the way he left we may never see him again, or anyone else may see him for that matter.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Tiredly to Tal "I would sooner put the buffoon from my mind and get a nights rest. Peace Tal, there will be time once the sun has risen again to chase after Thesing..."

I'm assuming we're done for the night?


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Im ready. :)


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

I don't mean to chase after him, rather just look through his quarters here. See what there is to see and if something presents itself so be it.

Ready as well to move on


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Tal - unless I'm mistaken we aren't at the theater at present?


Male Orc Expert 5

You are currently at the Limehouse.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Isnt the limehouse where we practiced and therefore Thesing might have some of his stuff here still? If not then onwrpards to Caldazar influencing the mayor to restore Petronicus.


Male Orc Expert 5

It is certainly a possibility. Move on or loot his dressing room?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Tal can go ahead if he likes - Caldazar is a little world weary at present and needs to sleep.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Quick loot when everyone else is asleep and then move on. Feel free to make any other rolls for me if needed. No shield or armor on as stealth is needed.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Orc Expert 5

Looting Thesing's dressing room doesn't garner much of value. It is untidy, left for others to clean. You find his haanderthan costume tossed aside. Numerous bouquets from admirers as well as lots and lots of salacious letters from female fans. Other than this the only real personal effect Thesing left behind was a half full bottle of expensive wine.

As all of you leave in the morning their is a large black and red ornately decorated carriage awaiting you. The small door on the side is open, it's black interior beckoning. On each side of it two fully armored hellknights stand like iron golems while nearby a well dressed civil servant bows to you.

"Good morning. The Lord-Mayor has requested your presence at the Tabernacle of His Most Dark this morning."

The civil servant speaks as if "request" is something you do not refuse.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Half hoping that something like this might occur, Caldazar gives a bow "Of course, I hope that our present attire will suffice?"


Male Orc Expert 5

The man snorts obvious disapproval. "The Lord-Mayor did not specify appropriate wear only your immediate presence."


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Tal will definitely grab the bouquets for Lily as he leaves Thesing's room.

To the civil servantBy all means let us make haste and not keep the good mayor waiting. I do wish to send a message to Lily though.

Robahl, could you make sure to send a message to my wife and bring some of these lovely bouquets as well. It would do her heart good to know that I have survived and am being seen by the mayor of all people. TEll her also that I hope to be home soon. Tal will pay the typical cost of a courrier to make sure that the message is delivered and the bouquets are handled appropriately.

Tal gathers his belongings and heads over to the carriage where he pauses momentarily to look at the hellknights before squeezing into the carriage.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Just letting everyone know i'm still lying around ><


Male Orc Expert 5

Ssshhheee just lie back and let the nice priest of evil and tyranny have his way with you.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Meraxilar sizes up the Hellknights as he walks toward the coach, a look of amusement displayed on his face. To no one in particular, "I've always admired the Rack's armor, I doubt it wears comfortably over extended periods of time. A salute to the lawful determination of the order." Dolts! Their armor still sunders well enough under my axe.

Just before stepping up into the coach, he turns to one of the grim sentinels of Westcrown, "I don't suppose you would consider stopping for a meal along the way, would you?" Without waiting for their response, he climbs in. "Good Morning Lords, ..... And Lady Caldazar. It's good to see you reveling in masculinity once more."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Given the tone of the servant, Caldazar does not bother with any further words - instead seeking the carriage's interior. When Merax joins him he smirks "Indeed... you feel no remorse leaving the raiment of the Pall-a-dine behind Xeram?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"Aye, the irony of being chosen to fill the role of a Paladin is not lost on me. I am happy to shed that persona. Xarem Rail I will keep Abit longer, it has possibilities."


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:
Ssshhheee just lie back and let the nice priest of evil and tyranny have his way with you.

Lie back and think of Westcrown?

Pollux drifts towards the carriage his mind(?) seemingly elsewhere.
"I once knew a man with a tabernacle. He had to have it lanced. Some of the spray reached the ceiling."

Lost in thought Pollux seems sad, almost crying. Though the remains of the slept in makeup absorb any tears.

"I wonder if this one will smell better? Ooh! I have cheese! It will help.'

Pollux fishes a small orange and pebbly wheel of aged Époisses out of the recess of his costume.


Male Orc Expert 5

The trip is surprisingly short requiring crossing but one canal on the way to the tabernacle.

The church itself is a massive and imposing building with high black steeples and leering gargoyles on every perch as is the fashion of Cheliax. A large staircase looms above and as the civil servant politely opens the door of the carriage there is a bit of a hike as you make your way to the massive black iron doors. Thankfully once you reach the last of the one hundred steps (Pollux counted each one loudly and carefully) the massive doors creak wide open. All around black candles burn cold magical fire as you enter a massive arched congregation with hard darkwood benches lined in perfectly neat rows on each side of a long crimson carpetway leading to an unholy altar whereupon rests the late petronicus. Stripped of his costume and laying naked upon the altar. Behind him stands the cleric from last night his gloved hands steepled before him. On each side is an acolyte with his head bowed in supplication. Though despite this the first thing to catch your attention is a spherical man with an all too wide smile who walks towards you with his arms wide. You know his appearance as well as any Wiscrani; the Lord-Mayor Aberian Arvanxi.

"Ah welcome! Welcome! Thank you for arriving! The Bishop was just about to perform the rite of resurrection on your fellow actor! Loved the show by the way! Absolutely loved the show! Truly giving your all to the art eh?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Naked huh? Guess they did have their way with me. Glad I was dead during it.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Each step up the long staircase weighs heavier on Caldazar's shoulders as the Inquisitor of the Bloodied Rose forces himself to succumb willingly to the forboding heart of that which oppresses the Wiscrani. Stepping across the threshold and into the church takes tangible effort and Caldazar is left with a foul taste in his mouth... that has a hint of cloves...

To the Lord-Mayor "Thankyou your grace, we are honored to attend your invitation. As with all art, the more pain suffered throughout the better the spectacle no?... I am to understand that it is your benevolence that allows our fallen compatriot to return to us?"


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Not having the weight of religious doctrine to give him pause, Tal strides forward up the stairs. Upon reaching the top and entering the doors, Tal glances at the body of Petronicus. Tal is about to open his mouth and reply to the mayor when he remembered that Caldazar would speak for him. Instead Tal keeps his mouth shut, nods once and keeps his eyes open for anything unexpected.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

The nature of this church's order gives Meraxilar pause as he briefly contemplates waiting outside. By sheer will, he adopts his usual deadpan look and ascends the stairs ready for anything. Saying nothing as he enters the temple, Merax sizes up the Asmodean priests and the mayor in case things go the usual way.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Witch 5

Pollux is lost in wonder looking at all the decorations.
Castor is busy calculating street value of the gilding and calorie content in the tallow candles.

When confronted by his enormity Pollux bows gravely.
"We thank you for your patronage sir. I hope you enjoyed the play."


Male Orc Expert 5

Waiting for pollux to spout something that may or may not be coherent . Otherwise I'll update tonight when I get home.


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:
Waiting for pollux to spout something that may or may not be coherent . Otherwise I'll update tonight when I get home.

I think I just did....Should I say something about eyeballs and cheese again?


Male Orc Expert 5

No I posted that and then immediately saw your post. So update tonight.


Male Orc Expert 5

The mayor smiles and clasps his hands together the meaty clap reverberating well into the dark cathedral. "Yes! I felt that such talent could not simply go to waste. And considering myself a patron of the arts I see no recourse but to take care of the minor expense of the good mans return to life. The priest has made it clear to me that his talent will be somewhat subdued by the process of dying but I suppose that's nothing a lot of practice will not fix."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar is effusively grateful, but allows a pall to fall over his countenance upon hearing of Petronicus' diminishment "Our troupe shall be in your debt thereafter your grace... it is just a pity that the flame of his candle shall be somewhat diminished for a time; a pity for us as well as the people of Westcrown, we had hoped that given the success of the trials that Robahl might engage us for... further acts of art that would entice your attention, but alas. Are you sure that there is nothing that could be done to have him reborn without a dimming of his flame?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Orc Expert 5

Please tell me someone is going to make an aid another check. For petronicus's sake!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Petronicus lays there looking weak and frail. His limp form, bringing a sense of pity from all who look at it, positioned as if to be saying "Heal me, do not diminish my flame for the Art will suffer for it."
Diplomacy (aid another): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

;P


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Psssstttt, Caldazar, dont forgot about the helm that Meraxilar let you use...+3 to charisma based checks...pssst.

The rude obnoxious man holding a door just stands there trying to be unobtrusive and not get in the way. Yet mentally he is kicking Caldazar to remember everything he has learned and acquired through his training.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Meraxilar remains quiet during Caldazar's exchange, We are all unmade from the moment we are born. This might help the librarian build mettle when he is reborn. Then again this Petronicus was useless before, diminished he will be more so.
"My fellow actor speaks true, Lord Avanxi. He had other talents to bring to performances as well. The reputation of Westcrown, under your leadership I might add, will grow as word spreads of a successful Murderplay. Even Egorian must acknowledge the accomplishment. Carefully wording his next thoughts, "There are those of us who would be in your debt if our fallen were made completely whole. At the least they would praise your very name in any upcoming social events."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Without the Circlet of Persuasion which I gave Caldazar, hope he remembered the extra +3


Male Human Witch 5

"Yes practice....years and years of practice. Years where you, your eminence will have to sit and wait knowing that he can do better. Years spent waiting for the spark you saw on stage to burst into a consuming fire. Years lavished on lesser talents. People lacking in Petronicus's dedication to art, dedication to you his audience. Going the full distance chasing his unforgiving muse. Proving to you, you, that his life is his art."

"I suppose waiting for years to see this again, to be warmed by that true fire, will be worth it. The expectation will fill the long nights of waiting. I expect it will be good for your soul."

"Or with a handful of coin donated to the fine gentleman there you can lawfully gain the same benefit and not have to wait a year, a week, or even a day. As with all important decisions in Westcrown it ultimately comes down to you, your grace."

Pollux glances from the Mayor to the Priest and back again.

If I can casting Guidance on myself and using my shiny new Fortune hex for a best of 2 rolls. As I have to use these before I know the results please roll for me. Diplomacy skill is +2. If I cannot use guidence/Fortune: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Oops - forgot about the circlet... that should make it a mod of +13 for a total of 27 :)
Updating character sheet now.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Thats technically better than an assist right. +3 instead of +2.


Male Orc Expert 5

As each of you speaks your piece the mayor thoughtfully considers your words for a moment before exclaiming.

"Of course you are absolutely correct! No point in bringing a shell of a man back from the brink! Bishop!" The mayor gestures back to the priest. "If you would put me down for the spells necessary to restore the mans former talent as well you can bill the Arvanxi estate!"

"As you wish." The priest says his deep breathy bass carrying well into all corners of the room. "I have already prepared the spell necessary. If I may beg your pardon Lord-Mayor I have many duties to attend.."

The mayor swallows looking a little bit afraid. "Of course! Of course! Come! Come!" He reaches out and takes Meraxilar and Pollux by the shoulder and guides the rest of you to the front row where all of you sit to witness the proceedings.

With a nod to each acolyte they bow and move off to accomplish whatever unspoken task they were ordered to do.

As the priest bends over the body he holds forward a blackened iron unholy symbol of asmodeus and begins to chant the necessary spells. Unexpectedly the candles begin to flare up and within seconds the entire room is revealed in a ghostly blue glow. As the chanting continues an ominous whispering begins and soon the whispers turn into bouts of devilish laughter as out of the corner of your eyes you see ghostly shapes begin to emerge from the dark corners of the room.

A quick look to the mayor shows him enthralled in the spectacle before him. And soon you are surrounded by capering figures, ghostly devils and creatures that baffle the imagination and as the priest reaches the climax of his chant the body of petronicus erupts in black fire the sheer heat of the hellish brilliance forces you to look above where a terrible keening is hear as four ghostly imps drag a kicking and screaming ghost of petronicus in chains down and as he slams into the body Petronicus gasps and coughs flailing for but a moment before the priest holds him down.

In the same instance the devils disappear, the candles calm down, the noise disappears and all that is left is the sound of petronicus's confused heavy breathing and the mayor's laughter and clapping.

Spellcraft 25:
Most of that was mere theatrics probably done to impress the audience in attendance. Most of the time a simple raise dead spell is not nearly that dramatic.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Dipping his body into a deep bow Caldazar responds "You are too kind your grace"

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Caldazar watches the spectacle with distaste and a sense of foreboding, but reminds himself that a good deed is being done. Resources of the sick heart of Westcrown are being used to return one who might challenge them to service. He only hopes that Petronicus comes back to them unchanged by his ordeal... after all, being consumed alive by rot grubs is the sort of thing that might break a man's sanity. Chancing a glance to Pollux, Caldazar shivers at the thought.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Spellcraft what is that a new form of PC game from Blizzard Entertainment? ;p

Tal looks first to the mayor then o Caldazar for a sign before he heads to Petronicus's side. Still not wanting to rush anything that Caldazar or Meraxilar would say, Tal is nonetheless standing there ready to assist Petronicus if he should need anything.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Meraxilar eyes Petronicus with a good deal of suspicion. Hmm, brought back by the grace of an infernal. I wonder what the ramifications of this day will be. Nevertheless, we should be wary around him until we know more.

He whispers these thoughts to the others when he has the opportunity.

2,351 to 2,400 of 3,951 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.