Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


2,151 to 2,200 of 3,841 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Petronicus will cast ghostly visage on himsel..... oh wait ;-P
just letting you know i'm still around


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

I'm ready too. The rest if my spell durations don't last that long so I'll cast them when the time comes.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Seeing the gelatinous eggs, Drovlid cringes back his hand flying to his mouth. Whether this is is from fear or revulsion it is hard to know but Drovalid is affected none-the-less.

Dear Asmodeus! Spare us!

Fear factor anyone?


Male Orc Expert 5

Somehow I think fear factor Golarion would be way worse.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Ahem.

Krona returns to stage with her acid etched costume serving only to deepen the resolve upon her face.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Oops forgot, Pollux up


Male Human Witch 5

"Oooo! Eggs!"

Claws skittering across the boards Castor bounds towards the eggs. His Free Food radar pinging loudly.

Pollux grins sheepshly at Tal's glare and composes himself and manages the line.

"What means these strange crimson eggs?"


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Sorry for the delay for got it was my turn next.

Still cringing in horror, .

Oh horror beyond nightmare!

Drovalid voice cracks and continues on in a dead voice, void of emotion
The eggs, they burrow deep
within us. They hatch deep in our insides, churning our
guts to paste and slurping them through gritted devil teeth.
They feed on our souls. When these foul devils have eaten
their fill, they tear their way free—terrible things! Hideous
devil-children bearing our own faces, but filled with hate
for all we are.

finally Drovalid shows some emotion as he grips Larazod's shoulders.

We are mothers to twisted things and look
upon our own visage as we die by their taloned hands.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

The ghostly form of Dentris looks at the eggs with a familiar, but disinterested gaze.


Male Orc Expert 5

Thesings voice is muffled by dried blood and shattered teeth but still manages to pull a convincing performance while hiding his features from the crowd under the costume's hood. "Shall you recant now, or will you give birth to abominations of your very flesh?"

Ilsandra laughs mockingly though out of Calseinica it comes out cold. "Do your worst, fool of a mortal. I am a princess to hell, and no child born of my black soul shall bear malice against me."


Male Human Witch 5

Castor climbs the elaborate costume and takes a perch on Lazarod's shoulder. The rats black eyes shine pure gluttony as Pollux selects the largest of the strange eggs.

"Ha! Give me your egg, you lickspittle. If Asmodeus wishes
it, I shall choke the life of my own devilish child with glee.
I gulp this egg down before this court and our dark lord’s
very eyes."

Pollux holds the egg up for the audiance to see. Castor leans out and begins to lick and nibble the odd ovum.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

With a tone of mild annoyance the ghostly form of Dentris holds out his hand and says, "Well, give me mine. Not much good it shall avail you. The real Dentris Maltrada was killed ages ago at my own devilish hands when I was born from his old soul. I am a child of this egg."

TYBAIN next


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Tybain looks at Dentris incredulously, "Truly?! I had no idea!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

The ghostly form of Dentris shakes his head from side to side as he says, "If only everyone was as naïve as ye, paladin."

Strangely though as the ghostly form is shaking its head the ears are staying fixed in space. The crowd chuckles at the comedic look of Dentris having an ear move to where his nose is.

TYBAIN next


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

With a resolute look and a hint of sarcasm, "I like eggs! Red, white, or otherwise. Hand me mine! I’ll eat it raw!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Chin high and tone belligerent "On the plains we hurl our deformed children off the highest cliffs to spare the tribe the pain of their care. Bring forth these eggs and you will find it no trial for me!" before turning to her love and spitting in venemous tones "Watch Larazod! Watch as Krona tears through them like paper while you bed with a loose lipped slut!" baring her tusks at the thin twig like woman that Larazod has chosen over herself.

On to the egg eating and puking time - happy happy joy joy


Male Orc Expert 5

Hope your characters ate light this morning.

Each of you devours your eggs with a certain amount of apprehension knowing full well that the last few trials have been anything but kind particularly when it comes to allowing things inside your body. As you do so the cleric holds his black iron holy symbol in front of him and begins chanting.

A moment of tense silence builds as the orchestra starts to pick up a low and haunting tune. First there's a twisting of your guts, then the feeling of light headedness as the stage starts to spin. The world blurs and nothing but the accelerating beat of the melody fills your ears as you feel your insides begin to churn. The first heave is so forceful you practically fold in half unleashing a gout of red gelatinous ooze that pulsates and gurgles on stage. Just as you start to regain your senses you heave again spilling the contents of your breakfast onto the stage. A muffled groan of disgust comes from the audience as the sight of the six of you grimacing in gastronomical agony is discomforting even to the stoutest of sadists.
Even castor is far from immune as his own tiny rodent stomach hacks up the contents of his own little stomach on his masters feet.

It is then that the sound of the clerics chanting starts to take on real power. The air starts to smell of brimstone as the puddles of goo start to rise and with a sickening pop reveal screaming creatures made from the stuff. They reach for you with the dripping claws happy and willing to tear off your faces at their dark lords command.

Make a DC15 fort save. Success means sickened for 2 rounds. Failure means Nauseated for 2 rounds.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Bad Guys:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Caldazar
1d20 ⇒ 11 Merax
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Pollux
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Tal
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Petronicus
Good Guys:

GOOD GUYS FIRST!

MAP!


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Drovalid is overcome by the eggs and is unable to do anything but set his shield and prepare for the onslaught that is to come.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Trak - Caldazar's Initiative mod should be +6

Fort: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16

Despite wavering on her feet after the ordeal of the egg, Krona remains well enough to act. Growling with menace she lashes out at her bile-spawned devil offspring...

Morningstar +1 (sickened): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Fighting the urge to vomit everything else he ate this past week, Tybain barely manages to get out the words to cast a protective spell on Larazod.

Casting Protection from Law on Pollux.


Male Human Witch 5

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12. Castor save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9. Ooooo maybe the herring in aspic in the green room was unwise.

Pollux, awash in the scent of overripe herring, staggers back (5 foot step to E,-20) hands moving in a complex pattern as Castor crawls across his chest.

(Casting enlarge person on Tal. One round casting time, 30 round duration.
Tal remember you can act while sickened: The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.)


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

I failed my check so I am nauseated for 2 rounds. All I can do is are move actions. If I was just sickened, yes then I could attack with a -2.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Aye - and Polluxazod failed his Fort save, so is nauseated so can't start casting just yet ;)


Rat. At least we think so.

Damn monkey needs to learn to read. Sorry Tark. Please cancel monkey's action.
Squeek, *splorgle*


Male Orc Expert 5

Sorry I'll fix the initiative in my notes.

The party is an exercise of how not to defeat a horde of devil children. Those who are not nauseated prove completely ineffective as the fierce krona easily lands a fierce blow on the Lemure but is shocked as the morningstar vibrates in her hand hurting her wrist as it bounces off the creatures gooey rubbery hide. The creature responds with a nasty claw swipe that removes one of her stuffed straw breasts and leaves a nasty mark on Caldazars chest.

Calseinica gives a shriek and runs from the creature spawned from her guts before it can give chase.

Meraxilar's natural hate towards stifling order infuses that fairly chaotic Pollux who notes that the love of whatever dark lord the man seems to favor has just the smallest hint of tang. Shortly after this protection surrounds Pollux the creature in front of him attempts to tear out his eyes and cries out in anguished frustration as it looks as if something bit back in the attempt.

Meraxilar
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Tal
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Caldazar
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

1d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Calseinica fort.

GOOD GUYS UP!

Map will be posted later but there isn't much change except Calseinica is in D12 and her lemure has move to G16 provoking an AoO from Caldazar and MEraxilar. Oh and Pollux shifted to directly behind Calseinica forever cementing the break up. :P


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Still vomiting profusely, Tal can do little more than draw his axe and prepared to attack the abominations next round. He does 5ft into the center of all the creatures (d17) to hopefully take the punishment and help the others.

being nauseated really hurts any actions you can take.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

AoO: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 = 18 for 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 = 8

Krona reacts as the lemure moves, able to match it and strike hard. though still feeling resistance from the beasts skin. Growling she attempts to follow up with a second strike...

Morningstar: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3 for 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3

14/16 HP


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Petronicus attacks the slime creatures with his bare hands.... swinging through them


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Fueled by intense hatred of infernal creatures, Tybain swings his mighty axe with a fury (using Destructive Smite).
AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage:1d12 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Snarling with rage, he screams, (Casting Rage for my standard action - +2 to Str and Con, +1 on Will saves, –2 to AC.).

AC: 15 HP: 26


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Pollux? Where are you, Pollux?


Male Human Witch 5

"Splorchel"

Projectile vomit making the rich folks realize why the the pit seats were so cheap Pollux attempts to move away from the now more fragrant threat.

Withdraw to G,-18 via E, -20. You are on your own toots.


Male Orc Expert 5

Will get a proper update once I'm on the right computer with the maptool.


Male Orc Expert 5

Only Caldazar manages to tear a chunk out of the Lemure that rushes by. It only gives a slight grunt of pain as it continues to mindlessly slide along the ground in what seems to be a fruitless chase against the faster and decidedly less slimy Calseinica.

Meraxilar recklessly screams in the anger and rage born from his alien god and as he utters the necessary oaths to them the Lemure's next to him attempt to rip out the flesh where he invokes his god. AOO: Two damage and make a concentration check or drop the spell sir.

The lemures tear into the group. The frustrated lemure trying to tear Pollux's face off mews petulantly as it follows him crossing into the reach of Meraxilar. MEraxilar and Caldazar take their respective licks and the man and manwoman have long jagged gash's where the creatures land their wretched claws. 1 to caldazar 4 to meraxilar.

GROUP IS UP!

MAP!


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Overcoming the nausea produced by the vile eggs, Tal moves over to confront the creature chasing Pollux. Hopefully by being the antagonist, it will stop chasing the frail and frightened Larazod and focus more on Tal. Tal lashes out with his axe at the abomination striking the creature a solid blow. Some of the damage was resisted, but enough damage was done to hopefully change its course of actions.

Move to E19 provoking Aoo
powered combat expertise attack on devil lemurs 11d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

status:

AC: 24
Hp: 33
Aoo:to hit +5, damage +6


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Merax draws on the rage of the Rough Beast to swing at the devil with renewed fury (Lemure #2 using Fury of the Abyss as well).
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Current AC: 13 (due to Rage and Fury)
Current HP: 17


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

any chance my ghostly illusion can help out by distracting the devils?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Managing to throw off the worst of the malaise brought on by the egg, Krona roars with bestial fury as she lashes out at her errant child...

Morningstar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

13/16 HP
Attacking the one I injured


Male Orc Expert 5

@Petronicus: He can try.

Giving pollux until tonight to take his turn or it shall be taken for him.


Male Human Witch 5

playing tag with the internet and doing as well as Pollux with the devil child.

Appatently the the strange man you know as Pollux has finally snapped. Stained with vomit he simply starts laughing. A strange high-pitched keening mixed with gutteral outbursts at random moments.

Misfortune hex at thing one Will save 15 to avoid. Cackle to extend duration. If it makes the save forget the cackle and move to D,-20.


Male Orc Expert 5

*sigh* having the laptop in the bedroom now means i cannot get to my maptool when and if my lovely wife decides to kic me out of the bedroom so she can sleep. I'll see about getting a copy on here for my own benefit. For now expect an update tomorrow.


Male Orc Expert 5

Tal rushes forward taking a nasty claw to his side as he scores a deep rending slash on his quarry 4 damage to tal.

Meraxilar's unbrideled fury gives his strike monstrous sppeed and terrible weight as he nearly cuts his chosen target down the middle. The thing twitches and gurgles even as its wretched lifestuff continues to spill on the flor and yet its limbs and baleful eyes remain locked in a desperate scramble to kill him.

Caldazar's mace finds its mark, but does nothing to the gelatinous creature as his mace bounces harmlessly off its rubbery hide.

Pollux's maniacal laughter and powers over causality warp and shape the already misshapen into something more...misshapen.

The creature that Caldazar was smacking continues its mindless oozing and shambling towards calseinica and appears to corner her AoO from Caldazar. The young actress looks about desperately seeking a way out. Meanwhile Thesing goes to the front of the stage and starts a long and loud speech about how this si the fate of all who oppose him and the Prince of Darkness.

The gelatinous creatures surrounding you start to become somewhat ineffective in the face of your recovery. Claws fail to find their mark and between the spitting rage of meraxilar and the mad cackling of Pollux the orchestra struggles to be heard over the cacophany of combat. It is a surrreal scene of bloodshed and carnage while a haunting and bassy battle tune plays just below you.

Round 4

GROUP IS UP!

MAP!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Rage growing as her morningstar ministrations meet merely middling returns Krona roars as her arms bring her weapon around in wide and brutal arcs. She is too slow to catch the lemure as it flees from her, but a follow up swing against the beast that still stands before her is more true...

Morningstar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Stand and deliver against F,16


Male Human Witch 5

Continuing his cacophonous cackling Pollux castigates the creature creeping towards Calsenica.

Misfortune on thing chasing girl (story of my life really) DC 15 cackle to extend hexes. 5' step to G,-19.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Did Tal hit lat time or just suffer damage himself?

To will step up and help the poor girl fleeing for her life.
5ft step to D20
Attack with power and expertise1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

However his aim is off and does nothing to help at all.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax continues with his barrage of enraged swings (round 2 of 3 for Rage and using another Fury of the Abyss) against his gelatinous opponent.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
With another solid blow landed, Merax feels invincible in his bloodlust.

Current AC: 13 (due to Rage and Fury)
Current HP: 20 (see OOC below)

BTW Tark, my Current HP is 20, not 17. Rage bestows 2 more hp per level for 6 total. I thought the +2 CON would have only given me the the 1 hp per level for a total of +3 hp. My fault for not reading the spell description in it's entirety.


Male Orc Expert 5

Once I get an action from Caldazar we'll be in good shape.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4
Caldazar wrote:

She is too slow to catch the lemure as it flees from her, but a follow up swing against the beast that still stands before her is more true...

Morningstar: 1d20+4 = 15 for 1d8+2 = 9

Stand and deliver against F,16

Like this one posted after the AoO?


Male Orc Expert 5

Ah my mistake I forgot our 5th person is currently attempting to recover from death in the back.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Any luck with the recovery? ;-)


Male Orc Expert 5

Your condition is stable and does not look to be getting worse or better.

Barking sudden and sharp orders to his summoned minions the lemure's moan in a cry between agony and hatred as they change their cold attentions around. Even as they move the group digs in trying to gain some headway on their infernal foes.

Caldazar manages to swing his heavy morningstar in a wide arc missing the lemure passing by but easily connecting and causing some minor damage to the lemures face breaking its yellowed teeth and seeing black ichor leaking from disgusting wounds.

Pollux's cackle is ignored by the Lemure who knows nothing of laughter or madness. At least the madness of Pollux's sort. Instead it turns languidly away from the girl and lurches towards the the raging human already reveling as he hacks apart his first victim of the night. Before MEraxilar can seek a new one the lemure chasing claseinica gladly obliges slicing him across the neck with a gnarled claw letting blood flow freely 8 damage total.

Caldazar's victim retaliates hard planting claws deep into the manwomans sides before raking deep custs along his rib cage causing the man the grimace in agony. 9 damage total

Meanwhile Tal's efforts are ignored by the lemure going straight for Meraxilar giving the heavily plated man ample time to take a shot at the creatures backside before the other lemure previously attacking pollux comes and tries to scrabble around the large mans shield.

GROUP IS UP!

MAP!

2,151 to 2,200 of 3,841 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.