Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


2,051 to 2,100 of 3,940 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male Human Witch 5
Caldazar wrote:

May as well burn another charge to get back to full - my CLW wand is down to 8 charges.

Seeing Tal charge off in unrestrained rage and Pollux minister to the starlet, Caldazar stands with Merax as they await the next trial.

We still have the full one

Meanwhile the starlet is getting into hysterics. "Oh gods! Oh gods! He was screaming! I can still hear the screaming! Oh and I can't run! I can't run now or the mayor will kill me! Ohhhhh!"

Pollux looks at her. A bit like an entomologist looks at a new resident for the killing jar.

"Then you will die." Pollux plonks down sitting easily in the blood and vomit. "As will we all I suppose. But will you die like he did screaming to amuse his betters, or do you die on your own feet running down a dark alley. Your choice, the only real one any of us have."

With that Pollux stands and follows the blood trail backstage. His own costume is a ruin and he wants to make sure the stage hands do not steal anything from the body before he does.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax stands near Tal as he beats on Thesing, making no moves to stay his hand. After Tal is finished venting he will tend to his stage wounds utilizing his wand once more. "Be healed as your wounds are unmade."

Looking towards Pollux, "Were you hurt, Pollux?"

Another two charges from the new wand, 4 charges total. Two for cal before and two for Tal.


Male Human Witch 5

Only a scratch. (1hp) Apparently I failed as worm food again. Pity. Still always the next act. Tal is quite the expressive actor, don't you think?"

"Oh almost forgot" Pollux crouches and sticks his head under the curtain. Evil eye on Delour will 15, -2 on skills for 1 or 7 rounds. Removing his head Pollux says "That should help with the high notes." before returning to following the blood trail.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Thank you brother, the physical wounds from the grub are almost faded away already, but the wound over Pet is not so easily healed. Any idea how we carry on without him? Make Thesing play his part and find a new Handerthan? Tal smiles a little maliciously at that thought.

You will make him evil yet. Or Thesing will.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

To Tal's musings on the role Caldazar shrugs "I assume Robahl would have something in mind." letting Tal enjoy his moment of malevolent thought... though his own expression is flat and muted.


Male Orc Expert 5

Tal's blow to the gut immediately silences the actor. His eyes roll back into his head and he slumps into the floor unconscious.

Calseinica's slap across Pollux's face is sharp and stinging and perhaps not altogether too unsurprising. She retreats backstage full on crying. Meanwhile the diva hits a single key just ever so slightly off note.

Stage hands quickly start mopping up the trail of blood and just as Tal meaningfully eyes the bucket of gnawing death the Bearded devil carries it away grumbling about melodrama.

Soon the acolytes start hauling a massive device of some sort made of brass, thick green glass and wood. The entire contraption is bottle shaped with a globe bottom and thin neck that extends thirty feet out from the body and just wide enough to fit Tal through. The cleric oversees this ignoring the presence of Thesings unconscious form and not bothering to even acknowledge its presence.

Robahl steps out from backstage and spots Thesing's collapsed body throwing his hands up in exasperation as he walks back.

Last chance for buffs and what not before the next act begins.


Male Human Witch 5

Did Pollux have time to find and rummage about in Petronicus?


Male Orc Expert 5

He does now if he wants.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Aside from 26gp he has 2 potions of cure light wounds and a scroll of protection from evil. He also had his dagger and bonded ring if that is of any value (His crossbow and bolts are off stage with his pathfinder's kit). You could also probably sell his spellbook. Oh and a handfull of breadcrumbs he was saving for Castor


Male Human Witch 5

Face lightly tingling Pollux appears to follow Calseinica backstage. This persuit fuels the rumors of romance backstage but onlookers appear confused when the bloodspattered lead turns instead to the green room where Petronicus drips in state.

Petronicus you are being looted. Lie back and think of england.
Pollux will lift the following if they are still on the body.
Spellbook~Rats gotta eat.
2 Potions of Cure Light Wounds
Scroll of Protection from Evil
26gp
Blood soaked breadcrumbs. Castor thanks you.

Mischief managed Pollux returns to the stage still spattered with blood and vomit.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

My Resist Energy spell doesnt last long, I'll have to cast it during the play as we are being loaded into the contraption.

Edit*** Nevermind it will last 30 min at my level. I'll cast it as we walk out on stage.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Ready to go... though resisting urge to brand Thesing's forehead

Caldazar's body ached and although the ruinous track travelled by the rot grub was healed - he still felt lesser for the ordeal.


Rat. At least we think so.

Branding his head!?! Just look at those eyeballs! Right there and soo big! Just hit him again and they will pop right out. Sigh... monkies. No priorities......ready to go.


Male Orc Expert 5

Robahl emerges back from the backstage with a pair of stage hands who drag off the unconscious body of Thesing. A second curtain is drawn to cover the "beast" until the cue.

"Places everyone! Places! The show must go on! Millech! Millech I need replacements!"

From above the gnarled and incredibly worried face of millech nods and he casts a spell placing a ghostly version of Dentris and a very life like version of Haanderthan on the stage.

As everyone gets back into position with the unnerving ghsot dentris taking his spot the curtain rises and the crowd already excited by the blood shed so far is on the edge of their seats as they await what happens next.

"Such horrors." The ghostly dentris in a hollow echoing voice. "What next?"


Male Human Witch 5

Pollux looks at the poor illusion with some disdain.

"Hold true, dead man."


Male Orc Expert 5

"Easy for you to say! Youth laughs at death as a stranger. As
you grow older you come to know it well—and fear it."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

DROVALID responds "I have seen young and old break before this court. They all share one thing: a weak and watery eye speaking to a frailty of
spirit. Your eyes are like grit and sand, obstinate even in the face of the storm-fraught sea. You cannot break, old wizard."

DENTRIS next.... do you want me to do both parts?


Male Orc Expert 5

Knock yourself out. ooooooooo too soon?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

That was a ROTten and GRUBby thing to say

With a tilted nod the ghostly form of Dentris replies. "Perhaps not, but tell me, Tormentor—what fresh horrors await?"

Drovalid makes a gruff noise as he seems to clear his throat. Here follows the Trial in the Belly of the Beast. A great terror, gifted to this court by a Duke of Hell, the Beast is a hideous thing, whose stomach is a nest of acid-spewing serpents. It shall swallow us whole, and wash us clean in its acid well."

The ghostly Dentris, with his head tilted and eyes seeming to stare into nothing asks, "Where is the trial in this!?"

Matter of factly Drovalid asnwers the mage, "If we are innocent, and speak no lies, then the Beast’s Belly will leave us unscathed."

TYBAIN next


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Tybain looks at Drovalid incredulously, perhaps with a hint of fear in his eyes. "Madness!"


Male Human Witch 5

Pollux's delivery is flat. He is far more interested in figment in judge's robes.
"Hold fast My dear friend. Have faith in Asmodeus."

Will save to see through "thesing"?


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Tybain shoots Larazod an annoyed look. "But I do not!"


Male Human Witch 5

"Of course not you follow..."

Pollux remembers where and why he is and shuffles into something like charactor.

"Well then you better learn to swim."


Male Orc Expert 5

[ooc]You may make a save to see through "thesing" if you choose.

The "haanderthan speaks again in a dreadful and exagerrated cadence that the tenor could not possible ahve achieved himself. If nothing else Millech's aesthetics are most impressive.

"The next trial demands a great sacrifice. Ye, who speaks for the half-breed, the lone traitor on the council who speaks against my august personage. You must brave this trial, and all that follow, alongside the accused."

It is at this point that Calseinica appears on stage her tear marred makeup dry now. She laughs a manic and slightly disturbing way. Gladly! I stand at this tiefling’s side, or at his back, or him at mine, or perhaps I should bolster him up from below or allow him to do the same to me. You shall see how devotedly I attend his pleasure, for he speaks the truth."

The haanderthan points a gloved finger at Ilsandra. "Then burn with him."

Calseinica marches across the stage to pollux and snatches him up before the madman has a chance to protest or run away. Gripping him by the back of his head and driving her luscious lips violently onto Pollux's mouth she drives her hot tongue into his mouth almost painfully holding him too long before releasing him and licking her lips. And staring into his eyes. The look in hers is hard to read; fear, passion, and resolution all play themselves out behind them.

"Know the gifts of Asmodeus, dear child. You have earned great boons by your devoted service, and I shall pay them all with interest. But soft, what terror approaches? Our pleasures must wait."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

At the side of the stage Krona is despondent as she delivers a mournful plea unto her Larazod "Did my confession fall on deaf ears! You give in to this whore of hell when Krona has been yours since the day we met!" puppydog eyes pleading as she clutches at her beloved's tunic.


Male Human Witch 5

The man who wasn't there. Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 sigh.

Slightly confused by the apparently real Haanderthan and off blance from the hot and cold Calseinica Pollux pretty much manages to get his lines out. Perhaps the flat delivery and odd cadence will be seen as 'emotional depth' by the jaded and brainless mob.

"I am not deaf Krona. Nor blind. I am forever in the serivice of the Prince of Darkness while you follow the burning passion of your heart. Larazod can no more have you then an angel can hold dark fire."

Muttering "But why couldn't they? Dark fire, fire that is dark, fire that has gone out, embers, and I can hold embers. This play makes no sense."

Waiting on beast entrance before next line.


Male Orc Expert 5

The second curtain is drawn and the sound effect of hissing, popping and roaring surrounds a smoky mist as the tall beast descends to reveal its horrible dreadmaw to larazod and his companions. Within is the stench of a terrible digestive acid. A belly of burning liquid flame to the flesh.


Male Human Witch 5

Sniff....sniff
Sotto voce. Castor? Are you in there?

"Come, horror, I shall tear my way from your gizzard with
the white-hot blade of my truth."

Carried away by the moment Pollux raises his hand as if drawing a sword. Then looks a tad confused as he remembers he does not own one.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Looking at the monstrosity before him Drovalid says, "Die though I might, melted to a puddle of liquid flesh in the bowels of the Beast, I cannot think of any greater man to join in death." Turning to face Larazod he continues, " I am honoured to die at the side of a man so filled with truth."

Dentris shouts at the beast while patting his stomach with both hands, "Come and have a bite, Old Beastie. These old bones shall stick in your craw and choke the life from you."

TYBAIN next


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Tybain stands defiant. "My holy flesh shall burn all the way down. Aroden’s'blessings upon my soul ensure a most unpleasant meal for this Beast."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Face still showing the wounds of the heart inflicted by he who rejected her, Krona is mournful and resigned to her fate "No beast, nor blade can destroy me as utterly as you have done Lazarod! I give myself willingly beast! Devour my pain and sadness even as you take my flesh! Krona is ready!" thumping her breast at the end to emphasize her point, broken but not bowed.

Entree the beast devouring


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Tal looks around trying to figure out how to bypass the acid in the 'stomach'. Perhaps if he enters before Pollux and Calseinica, he can hold them both out of the acid. Meraxilar is protected and that just leaves Cal who can hel himself. With that n mind, Tal removes the towershield and prepares to follow the ghostly Dentris and Meraxilar into the beast.


Male Orc Expert 5

As the beast lowers its maw to your level you see that it's just narrow enough to allow one person through at a time to reach its belly.

Call this "initiative time" wherein you post yoour action and the order of the posts is the order of the actions. In this round we determine who goes in in what order.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Krona strides forth with the morbid ambivalence of someone with no fear of death.

I'm assuming first in -> last out?


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Tybain mutters something under his breath (casting Resist Energy-Acid), then strides forward and climbs into the beast maw ahead of Krona.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Tal will follow Krona in and hope to support/protect Pollux and Calseneica from inside.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Petronicus' ghostly form walks in.

and I was worried about this trial


Male Orc Expert 5

lol


Male Human Witch 5

Be joining you soon Petronicus.

Pollux mutters to Calseinica:"A walk into the maw of death or a dash for life? Neither of us is likely to walk out again."

Castor watches from the wings as Pollux walks to his doom.


Male Orc Expert 5

"Shut up." Calseinica mutters back to Pollux as she takes a deep breath and prepares to meet whatever comes next. "Just. Shut up."

Prepare for the massive wall of text. Pollux and Calseinica enter last. So whoever entered first will be taking the most damage potentially.

One PC may enter the Beast per round, and
it takes 1 round to reconfigure it into its “escape” position,
at which point the PCs may each attempt to clamber up
the slippery throat to freedom. Each round, the acid in the
creature’s belly inflicts 1d6 points of acid damage—a DC 15
Reflex save is enough to scramble and avoid acid damage for 1
round. The fumes in the belly are acrid as well, and each round
a creature spends inside the belly it must also make a DC 12
Fortitude save or be sickened for the remainder of this act.

The otherwise smooth inside of the snake’s
throat is lined with small spikes that provide razor-sharp handand
footholds that spring into position once its head and tail
switch position. It’s a DC 20 Climb check to clamber up from
the Beast’s belly, but the throat is narrow enough that only one
character per round may attempt the check. Failure by less than
5 indicates that the climber makes no progress—failure by 5 or
more indicates the climber takes 1d6 points of slashing damage
from the spikes. A character at either end (perched in the
Beast’s mouth or still within its belly) can aid another character
climbing in the throat by making DC 10 Climb checks. There’s
only room for one person in the Beast’s mouth at a time,
though, and as a character clambers up into the mouth, anyone
already there must either slide down into the throat or drop to
the ground 10 feet below (1d6 points of falling damage; DC 15
Acrobatics check negates).


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Ok, so summarizing:
Merax enters.
Krona enters, Merax takes 1 round of belly damage
Tal enters, Merax is up to 2 rounds, Cal 1 round
Pollux enters, Merax is up to 3 rounds, Cal 2 rounds, Tal 1 round
Calseinica enters, Merax = 4, Cal = 3, Tal = 2, Pol = 1
Belly repositions, Mer = 5, Cal = 4, Tal = 3, Pol = 2, Calseinica = 1
Do we need to consider Pet / Dentris as taking a full 'round' for entry and escape?

Only then can we start making any type of checks against climbing out and what not.

Initial Damage taken and checks:
Merax: 5d6, and 5 x DC 12 fort saves or sickened.
Caldazar: 4d6, and 4 x DC 12 fort saves or sickened.
Tal: 3d6, and 3 x DC 12 fort saves or sickened.
Pollux: 2d6, and 2 x DC 12 fort saves or sickened.
Calseinica: 1d6, and 1 x DC 12 fort saves or sickened.

For Caldazar:
Reflex Saves: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 and 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5 and 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7 and 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16 - 2/4 saves so acid damage reduced to 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12 - final damage pending answer of question below.

Fort Saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Pass and 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Fail - sickened from Round 2 on

Rules question - will you allow Caldazar to declare a judgement for the purposes of this gambit? - he's looking to declare one of resistance to get Acid Resist 2.

I'd suggest Tal is our go-to for Aid Anothers from within the belly for at least Calseinica and Pollux.


Male Orc Expert 5

For that bit of amazing summarization yes, yes you may.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

As Krona enters into the belly of the beast, when her back is to the audience, she touches her chest and eyes close for a moment. May the Everbloom see fit to not blunt one of her thorns today. though the only vocalization is a guttural growl. As she waits within the confines of the beast's gut she is scored and marked by the acid - though through faith and quick feet the worst of it is blunted.

4 acid damage taken - 12/16 HP remaining.
Judgement of Resistance (acid) declared for Acid Resist 4 (see spoiler below).

Resistance:
The inquisitor is shielded by a flickering aura, gaining 2 points of energy resistance against one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) chosen when the judgment is declared. The protection increases by 2 for every three inquisitor levels she possesses.

So Acid Resist 2 at 1st level, then at 3rd it increases to Acid Resist 4


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

3 fort saves needed at dc 12;

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 not currently sickened

3 reflex saves needed

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

2 failed at dc 15 for 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 damage

23/33 hp remaining

Tal enters the beat and has no trouble with the toxic fumes. However he is singed pretty badly by the caustic acid trying to avoid Meraxilar and Cal from bumping into him.

Cal or Meraxilar I would take that wand in here if you got it handy.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

For clarity's sake - here is the CaldaKrona suggested way forwards for the act. Feel free to challenge if you think otherwise:

  • 1st - Pollux climbs out, assisted by Tal
  • 2nd - Calseinica climbs out, assisted by Pol at top, Tal at the base
  • 3rd - Tal climbs out, assisted by Merax at the bottom (assuming Calseinica doesn't do anything)
  • 4th - Cal climbs out, assisted by Tal at the top and Merax at the bottom
  • 5th - Merax climbs out, assisted by Cal at the top
  • 6th - Ghostly Dentris floats ethereally out
  • Ongoing - while people are attempting to climb out, Cal and Merax work wand duty to keep people alive (hoping that does not break versimillitude for the audience?

So for Round 7 (first time we can attempt the climb) - we need a DC 20 climb check from Pollux, and a DC 10 Climb assist from Tal.
And everyone but Pollux makes gut saves.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Sounds like a plan. Once Pollux chimes in then we should be good to go. Since he is the first one out will post actions for the round to give an assist.

Fort save dc 12: success
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Reflex save dc 16: success
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Aid climb check dc 10: fail Really any thing but a 1 would have made it
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Tal spends too much time avoiding the acid to provide any help to Pollux. Hopefully the mighty Larazod can pull himself up by his own shoestrings. Or levitate up...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Sounds like a good plan
May the dice bot be for you and not against you


Male Human Witch 5

Nice work! We may just survive this. Castor is still giving 3 to one against but the rat looks a tad nervous.

Quick question Tark. Now that I see the silly thing would casting enlarge person once we are all inside allow the rest of us to use the engorged Calseinica, oops brave pc volunteer, as a ladder and file out swiftly?


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Might as well as use Meraxilar as he does not suffer the effects from the acid for the next 30 minutes.


Rat. At least we think so.
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Might as well as use Meraxilar as he does not suffer the effects from the acid for the next 30 minutes.

Wise yes but as much fun?

2,051 to 2,100 of 3,940 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.