Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


151 to 200 of 3,841 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax touches his wounded shoulder with a quick muttering prayer in a language unknown to most.
Round 4 - Casting CLW then waiting for the Hellknight to approach due to the Grease spell
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
With renewed vigor and murderous intent, he eyes the remaining enemy with an almost feral look. He plants his feet, brings his axe to bear and awaits the Hellknight.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian looks down the hall at the Hellknight. He barely believes that he even fired that first shot--well, letting the bolt fall out of the crossbow with ill intent was more like it. But then the look on the Hellknights face...

Something changed in that moment. Sclivian understood that there could be no turning back, no second chances, no redemption through standard channels.

Sclivian Ruttle, Esq. grabbed another bolt, loaded the crossbow, and fired.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

btw Tark, rolling on maptools (or privately for survival fudging if needed) is probably a better idea anyway for the low levels when survival can literally hinge on a single die roll. Your game, your call though :)


Male Orc Expert 5

The hellknight at the end of the hall grins maliciously as the bolt sticks harmlessly from his armor and he casually brushes it off. He then draws his own crossbow and loads a bolt. "Oh I'm going to enjoy this. Come and get me!"

He then ducks as Janiven hops across the small pool to fire an arrow of her on cursing the darkness for her poor aim.

Round 5!

updated map


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar drinks the potion and surges back upright as the magic does its work.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Witch 5

Round 5

Pollux's voice floats from the darkness.

"Oh mister Tin Man. Your friends have all met with accidents Perhaps you should go for help."

Charm hex dc14. This will not work but I had to try.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Round 5 - Did the other dead Hellknight (the one that didnt fall into the sewage) have a crossbow? Is it loaded?, If so I'll grab it this round.


Male Orc Expert 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:
Round 5 - Did the other dead Hellknight (the one that didnt fall into the sewage) have a crossbow? Is it loaded?, If so I'll grab it this round.

Yes and no.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax grabs a crossbow and a bolt from the fallen Hellknight next to him and begins to load it.
assuming it's the typical light crossbow (2nd move action to load), I'll fire next round.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian regards the remaining Hellknight, regards his challenge, sets his jaw...

The he smiles, responding... "No."

He runs off into the murk, to the north.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Assuming we are waiting on Tok and Caldazar's round 5 actions, I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow morning. Didn't want anyone thinking I cant post at least once per day. :)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:
Assuming we are waiting on Tok and Caldazar's round 5 actions, I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow morning. Didn't want anyone thinking I cant post at least once per day. :)

I've already posted. Can only take a standard action as I'm at zero hp so quaffed the potion


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok was growing frustrated. He had yet to make an impact on this battle. Determined to prove his worth, He decided to wait until the final HellKnight showed his face around the corner.

Tok delays. Sorry to hold us up, just to do that.


Male Orc Expert 5

As the rest of the group prepares to goad the last hellknight into going through the grease again him and janiven take aim and fire simultaneously. Janiven's arrow strikes true to lethal effect critted. Wheere the bolt from the hellknight flies off into the darkness.

Taking a brief moment to catch your breaths Janiven remarks. "Gods I thought we were dead there. I think these are just trainees. Didn't think they'd get down here so fast." Slumping against the wall she rubs her eyes. "Strip anything you need off them quickly."


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok attempts to locate and retrieve all of the shurikens he threw.

Perception check, maybe?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar goes over the bodies quickly bagging anything he can find that is light. Basically everything except weapons and armor

"Shall I call upon my lady for guiding light again? Or shall we put these lanterns to better use than their previous owners?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax keeps his new Light Crossbow and grabs 20 bolts from the hellknights.
"This should come in handy." He then looks at everyone "Is anyone hurt?", before checking the Hellknights belt pouches for loot.
nm the pouches, Caldazar is on it


Male Orc Expert 5

Caldazar:
Doign a quick rundown of the Hellknights belongings youqickly pocket three vials labeled. cure light wounds and about 12 silver. You note that the armigers were not wearing the hellknights intimidating signature plate armor but rather a copy of it made from boiled leather and reinforced chain, effectively chainmail.

Tok recovers two of his shuriken.

Under the dancing light Janiven pulls the hellknights lantern from the sewage and shakes her head at caldazar when he inquires about the lantern. It drips with sewage and looks to take a long time in drying.


Male Human Witch 5

The dancing flame flares and dies.

Pollux's voice slides through the dark.

"Where once was one flare full four. Do not call up what you cannot put down."

Faint oval patches of light appear over the three corpses, a fourth appearing near Pollux.

A tiny spark emerges from each oval. These fly to the opening the Knights came through forming the corners of a rotating square 10' on a side.

The ovals thin, become lines and finally fade.

Pollux speaks again

"There were three, with more behind. The Tik-Man knows where it is safe."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar renews the glow of his shield after pocketing the vials and coin.

He then drinks another potion of cure light wounds. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"We should not linger, lead the way Janiven"

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

"What, me?" Sclivian hisses to Pollux. "Staying hidden, that sounds best to me. Unless you mean up this passage?"

He looks down at his hands. "Look at my hands, they're trembling! I've just assisted in murder against Imperial peacekeepers! Gack! No! Didn't cause a single wound, can't claim it was murder... Self defense, it was dark, they didn't properly identify themselves. I'm an innocent man in all this, I'm just a mild-mannered accountant. Merely accompanying clients, I invoke solicitor's privilege, I am to be held harmless in this... Oh, by the devils..."

His crying ends abruptly. He stands up tall, brushing himself off as if nothing had occurred. "Well, then, we should see if these three had any identification. Does anyone know anything about armor-wearing? We could use new identities. And lying low should work in our case. Certainly, they can't consider us much of a threat if they leave it to recruits."

Sclivian dismisses the Grease and starts rummaging through the woman Hellknight's belongings, and especially papers.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

An idea strikes Merax. He begins removing the armor from the other dead Hellknight.
"Perhaps this armor will prove useful in the near future. Especially if one wishes to pass himself off as something he is not." Or to spirit myself out of the city should the need arise.
He stashes the armor and helm in his backpack.


Male Orc Expert 5

If Tok is ready we can move on.

Janiven gives Pollux an odd and worrying look before she looks around and finds the marks on the tunnel running parallel to Slivians escape point. "Probably a good thing he didn't go too far."

She looks at Sclivians gibbering and rolls her eyes. "Yes I'm sure your headless corpse would have made a profound and compelling argument. Are we ready?"


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok, frustrated that he can only locate two shurikens, shrugs and turns to the party. "If we are ready, let us continue."


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:

An idea strikes Merax. He begins removing the armor from the other dead Hellknight.

"Perhaps this armor will prove useful in the near future. Especially if one wishes to pass himself off as something he is not." Or to spirit myself out of the city should the need arise.
He stashes the armor and helm in his backpack.

"If you are looking for a new skin then just pause a bit, more and better skins are coming."

"Lead on traitor lady. Your arrows point to our rest."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar nods to Janiven, and ushers her forward to resume the path.


Male Orc Expert 5

1d100 ⇒ 98
1d100 ⇒ 23
1d100 ⇒ 80
Continuing down the tunnel you pass by a large barred opening into the harbor giving you a brief glimpse of the setting sun as the city prepares itself for the long and terrifying night ahead. You press on, aware that above the shadowbeasts are beginning there nightly cleansing of the streets.

You go through several intersections and winding turns but at each one Janiven reveals a distinctive mark made by a sword in the corner or wall marking the way making you confident in finding the hideout should Janiven fall or get separated from you.

1d100 ⇒ 28
1d100 ⇒ 59

Mr. Tok. Give me a knowledge nature if you can. The rest, give me a perception check if you can.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Merax tightens his grip on his new Crossbow as he moves with the group, cautiously checking his surroundings.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

I'm sorry - I'm actually not trained in Knowledge:Nature. So I can't do a skill check. Right?


Male Orc Expert 5

You can only get a 10 but you can still make it. You jsut happen to be the unlucky one because you'll see it first.

Tok:
Staring down the long corridor you see what appears to be a large human sized mushroom standing proudly in th middle of the intersetcion. You recognize it as a srheiker, a species famous for its ability to let out an obnoxious high pitched keening when exposed to light or when a creature comes near.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Dwarf Monk/2

"Janiven, which way are you leading us? Straight ahead lies a shrieker. If we get too close, it will earn its name. Is there another way?"

DM:
Do I know how to avoid/destroy the mushroom without causing it to shriek? Or do I just know what it is?


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"I say we practice a volley of archery at the same time and see if that will silence it before it has a chance to complain. How difficult would it be for us to hit as a stationary target by surprise?" Then again, taking our aim against the Hellknights into consideration... sigh.


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:

"Janiven, which way are you leading us? Straight ahead lies a shrieker. If we get too close, it will earn its name. Is there another way?"

** spoiler omitted **

At this point none but Tok can see it as its shrouded in total darkness.

Really? Janiven says squinting down the hallway. I'll have to take your word for it. I think attacking it will set it off just as being near it would.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

"Have you been this way before?" Sclivian inquires. "How quickly would they have grown?"


Male Human Witch 5

"They taste very good when shredded raw into a broth of squid ink and hot peppers."

I wonder how it found time to grow here when everthing else sreems to have fled?"

if it matters. Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Pondering a moment, Caldazar adds "I think it best if we can find another way. Surely a sound like that would bring the hellknights upon us."


Male Orc Expert 5

"We can backtrack and try to go around. There's no guarantee it will work. We're likely to get lost down here without the markers. I'm ready to risk just running past it so we can keep moving."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Sighing Caldazar nods "If there is no other option, we best make it quick. Is everyone ready to run?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"I am ready to kill this thing or run past it, anything is better than spending any more time in this infernal stench than is needed."

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Scilvian loads his crossbow and responds, "Lead the way."


Male Dwarf Monk/2

"I'd vote for trying another way. But if you lot are set on pressing on, I'm with you. My legs aren't as long as yours - I will do my best to keep up. Let's get moving."


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:
"I am ready to kill this thing or run past it, anything is better than spending any more time in this infernal stench than is needed."

"What stench?" "Do you smell something?"

Pollux snifs the air for anything unusual.

"Running is a lovely plan."

"These might help." With that the four ovals form again, closing rapidly after the sparks issue forth. While the sparks are still tiny they slide noiselessly into the muck dimming theit light to a soft glow.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30
Pollux wrote:

"What stench?" "Do you smell something?"

Pollux snifs the air for anything unusual.

Merax pats Pollux on the back.

"Apologies Pollux, I meant no offense. You smell absolutely divine."
With a grin, he wipes his hand on his cloak. "Shall we be off...?"


Male Orc Expert 5

1d100 ⇒ 34
1d100 ⇒ 45
1d100 ⇒ 55 Lucky bastards.

Running past the shriekers you cover your earsas not one but three or four of them that lay out of sight start to keen aswell Janiven finds the marks in record time and you run down that tunnel as if asmodeus himself was at your heels.

1d100 ⇒ 6
1d100 ⇒ 77

Racing down the tunnel with little regard for stealth you hope to outrun whatever horror uses the shrikers. You barely round the corner before you run face first intoa group of frightened looking and confused armigers who give a cry half of shock and half of righteous anger as they charge you.

Initiatives
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Caldazar
1d20 ⇒ 6 Merax
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Pollux
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Tok
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Sclivian

Average Group: arbitrarily higher than them.

Hellknights
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Group is first.

map


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar touches his chest with his buckler hand saying "For the Everbloom" Pronounce Judgement of Justice for +1 Attack before stepping up to the first hellknight and attempting to crush his skull with his morningstar. Move into I5 and attack round the corner

Morningstar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax attempts to squeeze past Janiven before attacking the lead Hellknight with Caldazar. Moving into I4 if possible

Greataxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian shakes his head, whips out some parchment and his raven-quill, stabs the tip of his tongue with the quill, and starts feverishly writing in his blood...

Start casting Summon Monster I for a fiendish eagle.

151 to 200 of 3,841 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.