Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


1,651 to 1,700 of 4,003 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar's Day 3 is done - are we waiting for our extra before going on to Day 4?


Male Orc Expert 5

Just bumping this so it doesn't disappear. It looks like we'll be getting belsin.


Male Orc Expert 5

Just need a perform roll from pollux and i can move on


Male Human Witch 5

Perform! 1d20 ⇒ 20

Pollux apparently completely forgetting he is in a play gives a raw and honest performance while only making a few seditious adlibs.


Male Orc Expert 5

Indeed.


Male Orc Expert 5

So rather than try and shoehorn the new guy in I've decided to use the powers of retcon.

*BOOP*

Sclivian disappeared around the same time his dwarven body guard did. In his place you have Petronicus. A man who joined the children of westcrown shortly after Tal did. You know little of the man and he has not made too much effort to get to know you as of yet as off putting as your delightful kids are. Moving on.

As day 4 dawns you notice a growing change in the city around you. More people are stalking on the streets about the mayor's latest "vanity project" however instead of the carefully concealed derision and wordplay that is the hallmark of a people attemptin to criticize the government without actually criticizing the government there appears to be at least some form of excitement oozing through the streets.

A small crowd gathers outside the limehouse to get a good look at the "Actors who've played across ten kingdoms" as you go in. The attention is both exhilirating and frightening. Typically in your experience a person who is getting this much attention is likely about to have a huge metal spike jabbed through their bum and out through their throat in a way that takes a very long time to die.

PEtronicus can ahve soem timt eot get to know the players. Assume what you know of eachother that you like to the limit of people that generally don't know each other for more than a few days. HAve fun! Performance rolls again today DC15 as the last two.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Gather info on the new guy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Never mind. He is the world famous king of Taldor for all I know. And he has a twin who is the ruler of teh Mwangi Expanse.

Not knowing much about Petronicus other than he comes recommended from the Children, takes Tal some time to warm up to him. That being said, it is amazing how a stressful situation like Robahl breathing down your necks and cursing at every word you speak brings people together. In the past couple of days, a comeraderie has developed that although isn't a friendship, is more than could be expected in such a short time.

Perform 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

It must be that this new comeraderie has taken hold that helps Tal as he hits his lines better today than the previous couple of days. Its that or Lily has helped him to master his lines and relieve his worry of Caldazar the Ugly. Hopefully thisis the start of Tal getting his stride and becoming something better than trash on stage.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Meraxilar tries his best to maintain a low profile when traveling outside of the theater. When mobbed by the crowd, he grudgingly smiles and aborts his daily plan to case the Carathage estate. When he returns to the theater, his mood is noticeably darker.

Perform: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

With his thoughts drifting to his sister, he can't seem to focus on his lines today.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Perform (Act): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Caldazar fares only marginally better than Meraxilar, missing his cues with some regularity.

After the practice Caldazar approaches Robahl and is earnest "I am woeful Robahl. I have no trouble with the more robust elements of the play, but I must throw myself at your mercy as far as acting is concerned. Curse me, strike me, teach me new ways in which the insecure might be reduced to tears at their inadequacy.. but I beg you, make my mincing less odious!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

I assume I have the role of Dentris

Perform(Act) 1d20 ⇒ 14

Petronicus performs his lines but somehow he does not feel as he truly met Robahl's expectations.

Focus Pet, focus! You can do this. You have your script memorized..well the whole play actually. You just need to deliver your lines as if you really are Dentris

As he walks of stage after his last scene Petronicus sees Tal and nods in greeting. "Excellent performance during your rehearsal today. I fear my own rendition will bring Robahl's ire to bear."


Male Human Witch 5

Perform 1d20 ⇒ 20

The stars are apparently right, or at least they are in Pollus's eyes as he puts in another transformative performance. It is almost enough to make Robahl regret his part in the actors upcoming death, almost.


Male Orc Expert 5

On this day Robahl is surlier than normal and while Tal and Pollux get little more than seething silence (which seems as close to approval as you'll ever get) Petronicus, Caldazar and especially "Xaram" are hammered with new and creative insults too racy for this messageboard.

Giving people a chance to interact with NPC's or the new guy before moving on.

@Caldazar: Robahl seems unimpressed with Caldazar's bootlicing and in fact seems only further irritated by it. "You can start by removing your questing nose from my backside and do your job! If acted half as well as you lamented your terrible acting you may in fact ahve a shot at somethign resembling mediocrity!"

LAter on Millech asks for Caldazar's help with some tricky sandbags. In the ensuing conversation he suggests getting some pointers from one of the more benevolent actors as they are less likely to use his guts for garters.

Just a note Pollux still has a +4 so long as he's acting on stage with Calseinica.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Fear not, Petronicus. All of us are under Robahl's wrath. I think he bit off a bit more than he can chew and his fat is in the fryer. Today was just a respite. Tomorrow will be worse for me I am sure as I fail to deliver my lines. Attempting to talk without Thesing overhearing. I should warn you about that Thesing fellow. He is a pompous over-confident boor that has a lot of trouble in his forseeable future if Xeram and I have anything to say about it. The kind of trouble that he will not be able to recover lightly from I am hoping. Just need to find a way to survive the play and have Thesing found with the Mayor's wife. hmmmm


Male Human Witch 5

Ready to move on. The blowhard hates me. The martinet hates everyone. The diva refuses to speak, and the ingénue chooses not to see the noose around her neck. So basically a normal day.

Pollux wanders the backstage area keeping an eye out for things dead, poisonous, and/or inflammable


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Tal will spend the remainder of the evening inviting Petronicus to his house so he can introduce him to his wife. More importantly it will give Lily a chance to evaluate the newest member of the group. As he is sure of the safety in his own house, he will ask Petronicus why he joined the children in te first place. Depending on the answers, Tal may open up and state his side or just leave well enough alone.

sense motive if Petronicus is trying to hide anything 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Never mind, he really is the king of Taldor adn I will believe him.

Will continue this in spoilers to keep from holding people up.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

With a soft chuckle Petronicus smiles at Tal "You are correct in you assessment." he whispers. "I think perhaps I should seek out the tutelage of Delour. Someone of her experience should be able to offer some insights." As he turns to leave Petronicus stops and address Tal once more. "If we were able to determine the exact nature of the torments that are to be administered I might be able to prepare some enchantment to ensure our survival."

With that Petronicus seeks out Delour (presumably in her dressing room) hoping she might grant him some insight on how to be a better performer and gain awareness as to why she is in this play and what she knows of the coming scenes.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30(to make sure I know about her history from your previous post)

Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 (try and make friends and gather information from her)

Knocking on her door Petronicus says,"Lady Auxamala I am reluctant to disturb your valuable rest but I fear I need the guidance that only a great performer as you can provide. Would you grant this humble man a moment of your time to point out his failings of the stage?"

In a lower tone so that only Delour can hear he adds, "Calseinica had offered to instruct me but... how shall I say this delicately?... I am a man of wine and not vinegar. Thus I have come seeking your full red bouquet."

OK two 19s in a row... yeah I'm destined to roll 1s for the rest of the game.....


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

You suck right now you know that. well, at least a couple of people will get bonuses and hopefully carry me along.

Perhaps you can put in a good word for me and I will approach her tomorrow for her tutelage. Good Luck.


Male Human Witch 5

Don't worry Tal neither Pet nor Pollux are likely to make it through the trials. Castor is giving you good odds for being the last one standing.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Meraxilar walks past the Lady Auxamala's door and watches Petronicus with mild amusement. "Petronicus, between you and Caldazar, I'm not sure which one of you has the darker nose." Before Petronicus can respond, he continues on his search for Pollux until he finds him. "A masterful performance during rehearsal, Pollux. You might have found a new calling, though I'm not quite sure what your previous calling might have been."

Merax will spend the rest of the day trying fray Thesing's last nerve.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Swallowing his feelings behind a mask of contrition, Caldazar steps away from Robahl. When Millech asks for assisstance he helps, but shakes his head at the suggestion "Does that not just leave you with the choice of the timid mouse or the snake that wishes to devour it whole? I would not want to put myself between Delour and her prey... nor do I find the diva relatable." tying off a sandbag and turning back to Millech "What next?" moving to the next task as instructed.

Petronicus finds Caldazar cordial but distant, he has made no real attempt to divine the core of the wizard - and has similarly offered nothing of himself.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Sorry Tal... I didn't see your post inviting me to dinner. Good thing I couldn't sleep and decided to check the boards.

Looking at Meraxilar Petronicus smiles and speaks low enough for only Meraxilar to hear. "Yes, such is life in the theater Xarem."

His business with Lady Auxamala concluded Petronicus finds Tal. "Well that went as well as can be expected. Now, you had mentioned something of a home cooked meal. Only a fool would allow such an offer to dwindle. Let us be off then, it has been some time since I have had this opportunity."

As they leave Petronicus see's Pollux and approaches him to congratulate him on his performance earlier. Although he keeps the conversation short and to the point, not wanting to keep Tal waiting, he does find time to produce a small bit of dried fruit which he holds out to Pollux's sleeve for Castor. The food taken he follows Tal home.

At Tal's home he is gracious to Lily and thanks he for the meal. He politely answers all questions but waits to reveal his true motivations until he has had a chance to determine their characters.

Sense Motive to see if Tal and Lily are trustworthy, honest people or if the dinner is only to gain advantage over Petronicus. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Assuming that is good enough for a guarded man to feel his hosts are trustworthy lets continue diner in spoilers, as you suggested

Tark:
I think that dinner with Tal would end my day. I think i'll use our 'visit' to help determine how I engage Caldazar and Meraxilar (whom he knows as Xarem Rail, unless I missed something)
I should mention that I plan on using hypnotism on Delour, assuming she invites me into her dressing room.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

hypnotism on Delour. I like this new Wizard. He'll fit in nicely. :)


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*
Pollux wrote:
Don't worry Tal neither Pet nor Pollux are likely to make it through the trials. Castor is giving you good odds for being the last one standing.

I'll take care of you as long as you don't frighten Lily too much. You might like her cooking better as well.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Petronicus:
When Petronicus comes over for the visit, Tal will greet him cordially and introduce his wife. Lily has made a simple lamb stew with fresh bread. Lily my dear, this is our new companion and actor Petronicus. He is to take part in the play to replace Sclivian. Unfortunately Sclivian has been 'called away' upon short notice and has not indicated when he will be back. Hopefully Petronicus catches on and does not talk about any possible negative implications of being a member in this play. Since I have been spending the past couple of days being belittled by the mighty Robahl, I figured it would be nice to have a quiet dinner and find out more about our new 'friend'. Tell me Petronicus, what brings you to these parts? I have not heard of you before, but that means little in a city this size.

Sense motive1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ok I am really not suppose to know anything about this guy and have no clue if he is telling the truth or if he is a hellknight in disguise.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Eventually escaping the paparazzi, Meraxilar does his nightly loitering by the Carathage estate ever hopeful he may get a glimpse of his sister. After an hour or so, he makes his way to Tal's after stopping to pick up flowers for Lady Lily.
Meraxilar lightly knocks on the door hoping she will forgive his uninvited arrival. When Tal opens the door, "I might have heard that another exquisite meal was being prepared here by the lovely Lady Mainz. I was thinking that a seat for me might be available as well. Would this be true?"
With a sheepish grin, Meraxilar innocently thrusts the bouquet towards Tal.


Male Orc Expert 5

Delour at first seems cold to petronicus but his politness and deference to her overwhelming experience causes her to warm up to him. "First my dear you must establish your place on the stage, place yourself upon it and establish your dominance. Once done so..."

It goes on like this for a while but it seems the diva has warmed up to the newcomer.

@Caldazar: Milech laughs. "Don't get me started about actors. Single biggest lot of egomaniacs, megalomaniacs, and sociopaths you'll ever meet. But, when you want to learn how to beat a bar of iron into a sword you talk to a blacksmith, if you want to learn the proper ritual for calling on Asmodeus's aid on a Moonday you ask a cleric, if you want to learn how to act better..." Millech shrugs his shoulders adn starts to climb up above the stage.

@Meraxilar: Thesing doesn't seem to be terribly affected by your needling or intimidation. IT might be possible that he's growing accustomed to it ro reassuring himself that you will all die slowly and painfully anyway.

Instead of fraying something else happens.

"People! People!" He claps his hands to gather everyone's attention. "Ah, yes, as we get closer to the final destination of our grand performance it occurs to myself that these few days should be treated as if they were our last! We should go and be merry as the happy dead. This is why I, Thesing Umbero Ulvauno propose a very simple rite on which we get to know one another much better; lunch! Come! I know of a delightful open air cafe down the street."

As Thesing waves his arms for all to follow Delour shrugs and Calseinica smiles as she grips Pollux tightly by the arm. "Come on "Larazod" let's get into the sun and have a glass or two of wine."


Why Meraxilar you are so thoughtful. Of course you may com ein and dine with us. That is a beautiful bouquet that you brought. Than kyou so very much. Here let me take those from you and sit yourself at the table. I will be with you shortly and have a bowl of soup served up momentarily. We were just talk ing to Petronicus. Have you met him yet?


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Tal will join the procession only after gathering his belongings. Tal will make sure to have his 'costume' on and ready to react to whatever Thesing has in mind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:


As Thesing waves his arms for all to follow Delour shrugs and Calseinica smiles as she grips Pollux tightly by the arm. "Come on "Larazod" let's get into the sun and have a glass or two of wine."

"Yes sunlight both free and bottled.." (Charm hex will dc15 on Calseinica please) ..and you can tell Castor all about how you came to know Miss Delor. We might even be able to work out why Mr. Robahl wishes to kill Mr Thesing."

Pollux pulls himself up to his insignificant height and tilts his aristocratic nose in the air. "Put that down Castor, we are promenading."


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax opts out of Thesing's lunch invitation due to mistrust for the most part, as well as saving room for one of Lily Mainz' dinners. Merax will accompany everyone out to the cafe before wandering off on his own.

On the way to the cafe, Merax whispers to Caldazar. "Be wary of Thesing. I do not trust him or any place he frequents. There are poisons far more insidious than those that simply kill. And for Pollux, Although more clever than he lets on, I'm not sure who has charmed who between him and Calseinica. I would ask that you be more vigilant than him around Thesing. Mad as he is, the Vagabond's has grown on me."

Later to Tal before leaving the group at the cafe... "Fear not, Gorumite. Should you pass from this world, I will be sure to look after Lily." Merax winks as he walks off leaving Tal to his thoughts.

I guess my last post before this should be read after this one.


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:

Meraxilar walks past the Lady Auxamala's door and watches Petronicus with mild amusement. "Petronicus, between you and Caldazar, I'm not sure which one of you has the darker nose." Before Petronicus can respond, he continues on his search for Pollux until he finds him. "A masterful performance during rehearsal, Pollux. You might have found a new calling, though I'm not quite sure what your previous calling might have been."

Merax will spend the rest of the day trying fray Thesing's last nerve.

Sorry, How did I miss this?

"Less a calling, more a scream, my friend of snakes and ladders. I am who I am but as I am not, who am I. It is all ropes and words until our elders put us to bed." Pollux pauses and Castor pokes his nose out from behind a pant leg. "I find strange comfort on the stage, though I fear it will not be for long. I wonder why we do this Xerem. Why the paint and the lights and the blood. There must be .... simpler."


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

edited last post, forgot Pollux's name, sorry :)


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

In response to Pollux, " Sometimes the beauty is in the unmaking process rather than what it looks like after the fact. It's always about the blood." Still musing, "You would have made a good follower to the Rough Beast. If you ever seek that kind if calling, let me know."


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:
In response to Pollux, " Sometimes the beauty is in the unmaking process rather than what it looks like after the fact. It's always about the blood." Still musing, "You would have made a good follower to the Rough Beast. If you ever seek that kind if calling, let me know."

"I will choose to believe that was a compliment but I am afraid Castor and I could never sustain the optimism required for such a path. Besides I doubt either of us will be alive long enough to get through the christening. Did I mention that Castor is offering 6 to 2 that the Tin Man will be the only actor to survive the play. He is excluding the Diva Delour from the pool as he considers her less an actor and more a peice of talking terrain. Can't say I see any fault in his thinking."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar spies in Thesing's words an opportunity... and mulls Millech's advice you want to learn how to act better.. saying quietly and to himself "There was one other actor apart from the snake and the mouse.... the scorpion..." following after Thesing in his prodigious wake.

An Aside To Merax
Caldazar smiles and chuckles with a grim humour "I have no fear of Thesing... he has made it clear he wants us to perish during the play after all. I doubt he would try anything here... but ever-watchful I shall remain" subtly touching where his concealed holy symbol is lurking to re-assert with his fellow devotee of an outlawed god. Caldazar then becomes more forthright and catches up with Thesing himself.

Upon arriving at the cafe, Caldazar sees fit to engineer himself a place at Maestro Ulvauno's table...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Tark:

Assuming the opportunity presents itself and Delour has invited me into her dressing room I will cast Hypnotism At any sign that she things something is amiss he will stop.

"Lady Auxamala you are truly the rose of this theater. Your guidance
is like the crashing wave. Firm and forceful upon my inexperience, yet gentle and molding as water is to sand."

Petronicus uses the analogy to subtly begin influencing Delour's behavior. Speaking in a soft and monotone voice he being the weave the spell. "Have you ever seen the sea?" Slowly he begins to move his hand back and forth, bending it at the wrist, in a steady rhythmic motion for Delour to follow. "The waves crashing on the sand. The water advancing and retreating. Back and forth, back and forth. The sun warming your skin, while a gentle breeze is blowing your hair. Can you picture it Lady Auxamala? Yes, close your eyes and picture it now. You can feel the gentle breeze and warm sun relaxing your body. You hear the crashing waves in the distance. Each time you hear the waves crash you feel more and more relaxed."

Delour will need to make a will save at -2
Affected HD 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

If this works then I will ask her to "Treat me as your dearest confidant and tell me all you know of the theater" (Let me know if you need me to be more specific).
As for the lunch party I will follow Delour's lead and attend only if she does.

Tal & Meraxilar:

"Lady Mainz this meal is truly ambrosial." With a smile Petronicus adds, "I believe my mouth thanks you more than my stomach. I've not eaten so well since the last time I was home in East Rikkan."

As they enjoy the meal Petronicus tells them he moved to Westcrown to open his own merchant shop.

With the knock at the door Meraxilar enters. After his brief exchange of greetings with Lily and Tal, Lily present him to Petronicus.

"Yes Lady Mainz, we know each other from the play... but.. I thought your name was Xarem, good sir, not Merax? Although one is the reverse of the other. Curious"


Male Orc Expert 5

It helps if you list the DC in your posts.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Petronicus:
The diva easily falls prey to your magical shenanigans.

With magical roofies applied the group minus "Xeram" bustles off to an open air cafe. Though the weather is cloudly and smells of impending rain the confidence of the wiscrani in their own capability of predicting the weather shows that no slow down of people, commoner and noble alike, enjoying a cool reprieve from the hot summer air.

As the actor troupe makes its way through town Thesing puts on a mask of pure friendly civility. Acting like a celebrity who knows for certain he's being watched and acts accordingly. As you sit down to order a small crowd of gawkers and admirers start to gather around the fence surrounding the cafe and watch the lunch unfold.

Calseinica latches on to Pollux in such a way as to suggest soemthign more than friends and the glassy look in her eyes suggests the crazed man has his clutches deep into the girl as she happily and willingly speaks to the madman as if he were her only friend in the world.

Delour as well seems to have warmed up to Petronicus and spends quite a bit of time simply lecturing him on the proper way to act like a celebrity. Humble in personality in public but not in appearance. Looks are everything as you want people to look at you as much as possible. The moment they stop, you die. This odd sort of lecture seems to be less about the art of acting and more about the fine art of celebrity.

Thesing, Delour, and Calseinica all order something thoroughly expensive as fitting their statuses as stars in the theatre.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

dinner at Tal's:
At Petronicus's last line a the dinner, Tal realizes his error by Lily referring to him as Meraxilar. He should have warned her previously but really the thought never crossed his mind. It was easy to slip into the role and call him Xarem while at the stage but here in familiar territory, the guarded caution waned and thus the slip. How is Meraxilar going to respond? sense motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 As much as I don't trust anyone I am going to have to start putting ranks in this skill.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Leaning his Greataxe against the wall, Meraxilar takes a seat at the table. " In public scrutiny, I am Xarem Rail. I would appreciate if you would keep calling me Xarem for the time being."
When the soup arrives, he has a taste before continuing rather bluntly. "Assuming you know why such bad actors are braving the Nightshade, how would you go about calming any underlying and unspoken suspicions that we may have about you? I would assume you would not just come out and say that you are Dottari or of the Order of the Rack."
Almost sensing a wince from Tal, Merax looks innocently at the Gorumite (and when out of earshot of Lily)..... "I assume this is why you've invited Mr. Crispin to sup with you. I personally would have opted for tavern, Tal. This way if we didn't like his answers, we could have at least kept your floor clean."


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

At Tal's:
You are more perceptive than I give you credit for 'Xarem'. Indeed, that thought was in the forefront of my mind about who this gentleman is and why he should appear so timely when we have need of another. I was afraid that our prior association had been noticed. This almost seemed assured when Sclivian disappeared not a week after we last met. As citizens of a lawful city, our hope was for an esteemed lawyer who knew the laws of the city to help us.

There is no wince on Tal's face as this is the direction that tonight's conversation would lead. It was just sooner than expected. Tal does nod slightly though in thanks for Meraxilar not bringing the subject up in front of Lily. In some ways Meraxilar was akin to Tal himself. In others, it would be better not to dwell.As far as meeting at a tavern, well there are too many witnesses and it is too hard to explain away. Floors are easier to replace than people's memories. This way, I can do as I please and no one would be the wiser but me and my wife. She understands what this is all about and knows that I do this for her safety. At this point, Tal will wait patiently for Petronicus to elaborate more on what he knows or assumes about the new 'actors'.

NIcely done Meraxilar.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Lunch meal...sorry everyone if this completely backfires.

Interesting. Thesing has put on a show that there is no animosity or ill will towards his fellow actors. Is this a popularity stunt to ingratiate himself with his fan base even more? Or is this a ploy to ensure maximum attendance at the play and thus ensure a return on his investments? sense motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Not a bad idea. Perhaps some anouncement should be made to the people here. Do I make the announcement and turn the attention onto Pollux or wait and build him up so that the audience must see him during the performance and thus peak their interest? The larger the audiene the more money we should make. Here goes. Looking around the cafe Tal sees everone else sitting down to enjoy lunch. No one seems to pay any attention to the crowd gathering nearby.

Standing up to better get the attention of the crowd, Tal start in on an announcement. He tries for more of a barker trying to sell his wares than an actor. Ladies and Gentlemen. Please give a around of applause for the cast of the highly controversial yet infamous play ' The Sixfold Trials of Larazod'. After the applause, hopefully. Let me introduce a man that needs no introduction. The best supporting actor in the play. A man that can make men weep, women fall in love, and children scream in awe just by the sound of his voice. A man with such talent that others pale by comparison, stage whisper, except for the mighty Larazod who you will have to see perform during the play. The one, the only, Thesing.

Acting?Diplomacy?Bluff take your pick its all the same modifier 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

If he succeeds, great. the more money for us. If he fails, great as he will be ridiculed to no end.


Male Human Witch 5

At the cafe before Tal earns Thesings ire.
Diplomacy on/with the ingenue before the charm fades to cement the new relationship. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16.

"So fair Ingenue, the Grande Dame has given you quite the leg up. Will you gift your Lazarod with your history and your meeting. We must find some tale to while away the sunlight and the wine."

Pollux simply orders fruit and bread to accompany the wine.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

Tark:

Sorry, thought I had put the DC up.
As for lunch Petronicus will stay with Delour and try to learn what has brought her to this play.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Also, do we know how the play runs? ie what form the torments take and hwo they will be done. If this was posted before then kindly point me to the page to read.

Petronicus sits with Delour listen to all she has to say, but he keeps his eyes on the goings on about him. He orders a simple and light meal knowing he will be dining at Tal's home later in the night.

Why is Thesing paying for this? What is his motive?
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Listening to Delour's administrations, and in an effort to keep up the ruse, Petronicus asks "And how, my dear Lady, should I handle these adoring fans about us as we leave?"

Petronicus will also keep an eye on the cast & crowd to see what news he can learn/overhear.
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Tal & Meraxilar:

At Meraxilar's words Petronicus begins to laugh and embarrassingly spays some of the wine he had been sipping onto the floor. "Me, a member of the Dottari or Rack? Surely you jest."

Looking to Lily, "Please forgive my tumult of wine. I did not intend to stain your floor. To paraphrase your husband, 'floors are easily cleaned'." With a wave of his hand and a mutter of words the wine and stains disappear leaving the floor cleaner than it was originally.

Leaning forward in his chair twards the two men, "My reasons for being here are my own but suffice it to say our goals are aligned. I have not yet come to trust you to reveal them but I can say this." Looking at Meraxilar "I give my word that none shall learn your name form me." Looking to Tall "I give my word I will not hinder or hamper you.

Leaning back in his chair and taking another sip from his glass Petronicus addresses both men "Now since you both have the advantage over me, two to one as it were, why not tell me of your plans and we can discuss how I might help. Of course if you do not want or need my aid that is your choice and I will happily leave.... or you can tell me and decide to kill me later. The choice is yours."

do we need to make sense motive, diplomacy or perception type rolls between party members??


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

At Tal's:
Diplomacy no, but sense motive and bluff if you are trying to hid something yes. the script is in the Campaign info tab at the top of the page.

After a long pause, Tal starts slowly glancing to Meraxilar for confirmation. That is a delicate question you ask when you are unwilling to state the same yourself. What I can and will tell you is that I am just trying to make this place safer for the Children of Westcrown. Lily and I have not been blessed with such and look upon all the children as our own in some regards. More you may find out later. If you do learn more, know that you are always welcome here if need be. Until that time, though, please to not come here again unless invited. I take great risks sometimes yet limit those that I can. Yours is a risk that I can limit.

As far as Meraxilar is concerned, even I do not know his story, nor do I want to know it until such a time as he is willing to share it. It is wise to keep secrets and not share tham with others. If you tell only your friends, than only they are the ones that can break your trust. However, I have come to respect the man and would see him have success as long as it does not interfer with my plans.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax just continues to eat his soup as Petronicus speaks. When Petronicus is finished, Merax looks at him for a moment longer before turning to Tal. "Is there any more of this soup? Lily has outdone herself this time."


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

Why yes Meraxilar I believe there is some more soup. I will be right back. Tal will go check on Lily in the kitchen but keep an ear open and peek around the corner to make sure everything is ok. That last thing he wants is the 2 to fight here. If he is involved, that is one thing. But if others are fighting here a different story altogether.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard(Enhancement)/4

"And what are your thoughts Xarem? Is it merely for more soup, which I agree is quite delectable, or is there more on your mind?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"Just the soup, Crispin. I see many things when I look at my soup. It's made up of many things cut, chopped, and sliced from other things, all unmade if you will, all floating chaotically in a tide of broth to be consumed by rough and crude beasts such as ourselves. It makes me marvel at what goes into the creation of other things, even people. It's good to know what people are made of, wouldn't you agree?"

With a deadpan look, "We all have secrets that will eventually unmake us in one way or another. Sometimes they may destroy us, other times they may be our salvation. I believe in the former, but to each their own."

Taking another sip, Merax adds, "The soup is delicious, is it not?"


Male Orc Expert 5

@Pollux: Under the throes of your spell and...charm calseinica easily acquiesces to your request. "Well, me and the Diva met several months back. My parents had just threatened to disown me and Delour kindly took me on as her understudy. I worked in the choir for a bit when I could and even made it in as her substitute! We did a few pieces together and then she had that terrible accident with that cart nd that poor terrified imp. Who knew that they sold the poor creatures in such wretched conditions? I would have run away myself. And all on the night of the Witch of Roses too! She was supposed to play the sultry villainess but she couldn't make it. So I had to take the part. That was...also the night my parents disowned me. Ever since things have been a blur. I heard that the diva was really angry with me for a while but." She blushes a bit as you stare at her. "It's just that things have been so busy what with so many parts coming in and houses asking for me to attend so many parties and it's just been impossible to keep up at times. But I think she's okay now. She got me this huge part and said it would completely make my entire career! I owe her so much for this, and for you.." Calseinica trails off staring into Pollux's eyes before coughing awkwardly and looking away.

@Petronicus: "You ignore them. Fashionably. Behind a wall of brutish bodyguards preferably."

Poor deluded Tal...In the words of a famous terraformer in the far future "Prepare Uranus."

Caldazar watches Thesing and Tal impassively from behind a hearty meal when a smile slides across Thesings face. As the smile appears Caldazar frowns as the mans intentions become clear. Wearing a smile worn only by numerous underwater creatures with rows of serrated slicing teeth Thesing leaps up from his chair and claps a hand down on Tal's shoulder companionably.

"Ha haa! Thank you Drovalid but these fine people need no introduction for Thesing Umbero Ulvauno!" The crowd outside the cafe gives a small cheer as he introduces himself in a classical theatrical ham. Launching forward Thesing's smile throws itself into a frenzy fo autograph signing woman wooing and other such activities when he poses a question to a man. "But enough about me and my supporting role! Allow me to introduce to you the stars!"

Clasping a hand on on Tal's shoulder he continues. "TAL! WHO WIL PLAY THE TERRIBLE TORTUREER DROVALID!"

Shuffling over he puts a hand on Petronicus's shoulder. "PETRONICUS! WHO WILL PLAY THE HARDENED AND ALL KNOWING WIZARD DENTRIS!"

Then Caldazar. "CALDAZAR! THE LUSCIOUS AND FEARSOME KRONA!"

This last one gets a few questioning looks from the crowd as they note that caldazar is very much a man.

As he gets to Pollux he looks as if he's about to clasp his shoulder when he gets a sudden fear that Pollux might be contagious. "POLLUX! THE MAN WHO WILL BE PLAYING THE LEAD OF LARAZOD!"

Thesing's crowd working has not only tripled the size of the attending crowd but has sent it into a glorious uproaro only held back by the cafe's short iron fence which seems as thin as paper versus this crowd of barely respectful street inhabitants. After a few seconds he exclaims. "How about they give you a demonstration of their unending talent! Let's hear lines from the first act from each of them present! Mind you Drovalid can, heh, simply give one from act 2! But no spoilers!"

If the crowd wasn't in a frenzy before now it can barely contain itself as it awaits a performance from the stars of the play.


m Human Ftr 5 AC*:28,12,26. HP:50/50 Saves:7/4*/6 CMD 26*

I do this Lily, I do this for Lily...keep thinking that.
Tal will rise and take a bow as his name is mentioned. He will also flick the whip safely above the heads of all gathered a couple of times. Take ten if I can to not hit anyone or anything. If not here are the rolls. 1d20 + 4 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 - 4 = 71d20 + 4 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 - 4 = 11 It is true, that I am to play the mighty Drovalid, but that which Thesing says is also true. I have merely 1 line in the first 2 acts and am not at all a star of the play. I am more for show than I am for speech. I am a minor character happy to perform with those better than me. indicating Thesing, Delour, and Calseneica. As I do not wish to spoil my 1 line that I possess, it would only be fair to have the infamous Thesing recite 1 of his many, many lines.

Sitting down again Tal will whisper to Thesing, Sorry Thesing, I know my place and want you to wow the audience. Thanks for giving me an out by saying I only have 1 line in the first 2 acts

[edit] Added rolls, hopefully the take ten works. If not, I may have just killed someone.[/edit]

1,651 to 1,700 of 4,003 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.