Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


51 to 100 of 3,581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"Well said good Janiven, as you know I am with you in mind, body and spirit." before turning to the others "What say you all?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax thinks to himself as he weighs the implications of Janiven's words. By Rovagug, this Janiven is a firebrand! Still, this will be a dangerous path to walk, so what is there not to like.
A moment or two later, Merax lets out a smile as if he is sharing something amusing with himself before finally answering.

"I would be a part of this, dear Janiven."
There is a disturbing, yet brief flash of excitement in his eyes.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian narrows his eyes as he grins widely. He whispers back to Tok.

Tok::

"Mr. Goldfist, at the conclusion of this meeting, I have a business proposition for you that you should find quite to your liking. And no, it does not involve being bloodied or killed in the slightest."

After listening to Janiven, he adds, "Pity our final member couldn't be here for this."

The head of a viper slithers from his collar to look around.

GM:

Sclivian suspects a trap. He wants the familiar to look around for anyone who might be watching our table, while he tries to guage Janiven's reactions for whether she is just waiting for us to accept before the final member of our party "arrives".

Sense Motive:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Perception:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Though his face remains stoic, Tok is moved by Janiven's speech. Still, he responds without emotion. "I didn't come to Westcrown to overthrow the powers that be. I came for work. Ruttle hired me to protect him. And, until our agreement is satisfied, I will follow his direction.

But since coming here, I have seen horrors I can scarcely believe. Though there is no war, there is no peace. There is only fear. I will contribute what I can to lift the shadows that have fallen here."


Male Orc Expert 5
Sclivian Ruttle wrote:

Sclivian narrows his eyes as he grins widely. He whispers back to Tok.

** spoiler omitted **

After listening to Janiven, he adds, "Pity our final member couldn't be here for this."

The head of a viper slithers from his collar to look around.

** spoiler omitted **

Ruttle:

Janiven still seems agitated though it seems more about what's missing rather than anticipation for what coming. You spot no one else in the room aside from the group and Janiven. There are the stairs leading to the upper room and the way leading to the back but beyond that the doors and windows are closed adn apparently locked.

Janiven appears visibly relieved at the groups ascent. "I'm sure you have questions about the nature of what we must do to win the hearts and minds of the people. Please, ask them."


Male Dwarf Monk/2

"How many others share your...perspective? Do you expect six – or seven, should your tardy acquaintance arrive soon – to be able to shift the tide of power?"


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:
"How many others share your...perspective? Do you expect six – or seven, should your tardy acquaintance arrive soon – to be able to shift the tide of power?"

"A dozen or so other than us." JAniven said. "We don't need an army. We just need enough to show people what westcrown can be, what it should be."

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Mr. Ruttle casts a glance to the stairs leading to the next floor, then responds, "Well, you have the full services and confidentiality of Sclivian Ruttle, Esq. at your disposal. I would be most happy to take the case."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"Janiven, may I presume that you brought us together with some specific purpose? If so, what is it that you would have us do?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30
TarkXT wrote:


"A dozen or so other than us." JAniven said. "We don't need an army. We just need enough to show people what westcrown can be, what it should be."

So we are to lead by example and start an uprising. This should prove interesting indeed.

"Aye, I'm as curious as Caldazar now."


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:
Tok Goldfist wrote:
"How many others share your...perspective? Do you expect six – or seven, should your tardy acquaintance arrive soon – to be able to shift the tide of power?"
"A dozen or so other than us." JAniven said. "We don't need an army. We just need enough to show people what westcrown can be, what it should be."

"That is true you don't need an army. You need a god."

"Do you for a moment think that Asmodeaus will give up Westcrown while one brick still stands on another? If Westcrown is free then the other cities will follow and there goes the empire."
"As for showing the people what Westcrown can be, do you think for a moment that they do not know? They see the bodies hanging, they see the things moving at night. They know, they just don't care."

"People as individuals are wonderful and horrible and all things between. People as a group are sheep, mindlessly breeding and eating everything in reach while waiting to be culled. They are fat and happy enough to fear change more than the Devil."
"Do not expect them to join in your revolution."

"You want to save this city? Well a wise man once said that only he who can destroy a thing truly controls it. Are you willing to go that far? Are you willing to see Westcrown burn? I am."

"Mind you, it won't start like that. A good deed here a daring rescue there, giving people hope and the Tin-heads ulcers, but it will go bad. The merry band of outlaws all die horribly in the end."

But as I have already failed to die once it is only sporting to try again. It is said the carrion crows love politics, it should apply to rats as well."

With that Pollux returns to eating. Those of you who look see a smile on his face.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"A child caught under a fallen tree may not have the strength to lift the bough. The good people of Westcrown are paralyzed by their oppression in the same manner as a rat caught in a trap cannot free itself. It is the obligation of those with strength to do for them what they cannot for themselves. No person deserves to live in chains."

You can see the fire in his eyes as Caldazar talks, it is obvious that he holds this as an inviolate truth. After he finishes speaking you can see him clutch a pendant that lies beneath his clothing briefly.

Then he adds to Pollux "If all the 'cattle' want then is to live with their snout in the trough, then so be it. But the presence of us and Janizen's friends proves that not all are happy to survive pressed beneath a gauntleted thumb..... and aye, if it were to free those in bondage, I would set fire to Westcrown myself."


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok turns back to Janiven. "Is there something specific you would have us do? I would prefer to escort Ruttle to his lodgings – or find some for him – before nightfall. You others can stay and talk of fires and livestock. But we will go. Call for us when we are needed."

Tok stands and extends his hand to help Ruttle rise.


Male Orc Expert 5

Janiven looks towards Pollux obviously disgusted by his cynicism but her words are remarkably calm. "We have a god. We have many gods. But we only fell under Asmodeus's tyranny because of fear. Because we allowed it. Because we witnessed the greatest among our gods die... But, there are other gods and we do not need to make a funeral pyre out of the city.

This city was the capital of the greatest human nation on this world. It's glories have been hidden and its heart stilled but it can beat once more if the people believe in their hearts that they can return to those glories, that they can bring westcrown away from mindless oppression and monsters that stalk the night. We have to show them that as long as their are people willing to do what's right and what's just than we can make good."

She leans back in her chair.

"Besides, we were not planning on open rebellion or even direct opposition of the law more than we have to. That would only cause more death, more oppression, and I do not want that. We'll let our reputations, our stories speak for themselves and by the time the House of Thrune realizes they're iron grip has slipped the hearts of the people will be in the light again and they will have no choice but to accept it and leave us in peace. I'd much rather have you, all of you, to see the same way as I do. But, if you don't than there's still time for that and I hope in that time you'll see the inspiration we'll bring the dreams that Desna will give to the people about us and the knowledge that they too need not fear the darkness. And before long this revolution will become th e new order and even the msot obsessed of the Hellknights will accept it."


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:

Janiven looks towards Pollux obviously disgusted by his cynicism but her words are remarkably calm. "We have a god. We have many gods. But we only fell under Asmodeus's tyranny because of fear. Because we allowed it. Because we witnessed the greatest among our gods die... But, there are other gods and we do not need to make a funeral pyre out of the city.

This city was the capital of the greatest human nation on this world. It's glories have been hidden and its heart stilled but it can beat once more if the people believe in their hearts that they can return to those glories, that they can bring westcrown away from mindless oppression and monsters that stalk the night. We have to show them that as long as their are people willing to do what's right and what's just than we can make good."

She leans back in her chair.

"Besides, we were not planning on open rebellion or even direct opposition of the law more than we have to. That would only cause more death, more oppression, and I do not want that. We'll let our reputations, our stories speak for themselves and by the time the House of Thrune realizes they're iron grip has slipped the hearts of the people will be in the light again and they will have no choice but to accept it and leave us in peace. I'd much rather have you, all of you, to see the same way as I do. But, if you don't than there's still time for that and I hope in that time you'll see the inspiration we'll bring the dreams that Desna will give to the people about us and the knowledge that they too need not fear the darkness. And before long this revolution will become th e new order and even the msot obsessed of the Hellknights will accept it."

"Good, as I am committed to this farce I am happy to see that you are not too dangerously insane. Cheliax maintains a grip on Westcrown but they miss a great deal. There are cracks and corners, middens and dungheaps where the iraon fist touches lightly. There are things they want hidden that we could find. You are already gathering the scraps from their table. Perhaps we can grow strong on them." Tell me where do you come from that you worry so after the Westcarni? Who know us and our stories but who are you?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax leans back and listens to everyone while gently stroking his beard. He weighs everyones words. Janiven's words are moving. Could she also be Wiscrani nobility? If so she has as much to lose as any of us.

I'd like to roll a Perception check when Caldazar flashes his pendant to get a good look at it, followed by a Religion check if it's Some kind of holy symbol
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Knowledge(Religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

TarkXT:
The pendant is a holy symbol of Milani the Everbloom. It is a flat wooden diamond picturing a red rose against a background of cobblestones. The outside of the diamond is a carved chain that is made to appear broken where the simple leather cord attaches.

Caldazar listens as the others speak, it is clear that his chit has been cast into the pot of this rebellion.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax walks over to a window to look outside. His mind a tempest of thoughts, as he peers into the gloom (assuming it's at least dusk by now).
Without turning around to face the gathering, he adds...
"Perhaps now would be a good time to let us all know what else is bothering you, Mr. Ruttle. You looked very uneasy when you first arrived. Is there something we should all know?"

Another Sense Motive when Ruttle answers please.
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

The solicitor answers, "We were gathered here under the auspices of being wronged by the authorities. Furthermore, we have heard phrases that would be held up as treason in a court of law. It stands to reason that the authorities would be very interested in these developments, and approach with extreme prejudice. I have been a law-abiding citizen thus far. This gathering is quite outside my regular sources of business, hence my apprehension."

With a twinge of urgency in his voice, he adds, "Can we be at all certain that particular measures of authority are not watching us at this time, especially since one of our number remains, to this very moment, unaccounted for?"


Male Orc Expert 5

Windows are closed and shuttered. You get a nice view of the curtains.

Before Janiven can speak there's a violent rapping on the door that sends Janiven into an immediate defensive posture. Cautiously she pushes past Meraxilar to look outside the window. Then she unlocks the door and opens it. From outside spills an out of breath teenager panting and frightened. "They’ve got Arael!"

Janivens already pale complexion turns a ghostly white before she grabs the boy's shoulders and asks. "Who got him Morosino? Where is he?"

The boy takes a few deep breaths before speaking again wiping the sweat from his face. "The dottari nabbed Arael, and the Hellknights of the Rack are trying to get custody of him! There’s a bunch of Hellknights on their way here now! I only just made it in here; they’ve already surrounded us!”

As the boy finishes the sentence there is the unmistabkable racket of a large group of armored men closing in on the tavern.

Calmly she turns back to all of you and says. "I'm sorry to have involved you in this. Hurry, we need to flee."

With that she shuts the door, locks it and half drags the boy back into the back of the tavern.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar bounds to his feet at the sound of the knocking and follows Janiven to the back of the tavern.

"Janiven, is there another way out of the tavern that may give us a chance of flight?" he asks as he dons his buckler and draws his morningstar.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax grabs his axe handle and a quick pendulum swing brings it's business end to bear.
"That was a swift response time." He says with abit of sarcasm.

"I hope there is another way out or this resistance wil be over before it even gets started."

Merax begins to look for another way out.


Male Orc Expert 5

"Over here!" Janiven calls from the back to those who have yet to follow. Within the room she starts tossing crates and barrels aside revealing a heavy trapdoor.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

If theres a torch or lantern, ill grab it and take the lead heading down once the trapdoor is open (unless someone objects). If not I'll wait until someone has a light source and follow.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian jumps to attention and sprints after Janiven.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar murmurs to himself with eyes closed for a moment before touching his shield hand to his chest. His buckler starts to glow with a clean light as he holds it up to brighten the dark.

Casts light on my buckler, 10 min duration


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok hesitates for just a moment – to flee was to admit imperfection. But, for now, his life was not his own. He follows the group to the trapdoor and holds it open as the others jump through.


Male Orc Expert 5

Gonna give Pollux till this evening to post. Very rare when he delays like this.


Male Human Witch 5

sorry got slammed

Pollux looks at Caldazar and shakes his head. "The light will only help them find us. Stay close to me and try to keep up."

With that he slips off the stool and follows the others down the trapdoor. A large rat is now nestled comfortably in his right hand.
Strangely enough a pink string is looped around its shoulder.

Head down trap. If as I expect we are heading into the sewers or other tunnels I will release Castor if we loose light. The string is a simple lead which along with the empathy thing makes a rat an excellent guide dog for dark places.


Male Orc Expert 5

As Merax holds the trap door open all of you follow JAniven into the basement. As merax follows behind you can hear a loud pounding and voices coming from outside the tavern door.

BEneath the tavern is a large basement where much of the alcohol and wine is being kept with no apparent exits. Before any of you can question her Janiven goes to the back of a basement and pushes aside a small cupboard that reveals a small tunnel just big enough for each of you to squeeze your shoulders through and emitting a rank smell. She pushes Morisono through before directing each of you through.

"Wait for me on the other side! I'll slow their advance!"

With that she begins to toss the heavier and more bulky items in the room just under the trapdoor.


Male Human Witch 5

"Nice to know you tratior lady. You make good soup." With that eulogy for Janiven. Pollux, rat in hand, slips easily through the opening and into the unknown future beyond.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"We will see you on the other side" before diving through after Pollux.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax approaches the tunnel fighting back the urge to gag from the smell. He then follows the light of Caldazar's buckler into the darkness after taking one last glance back at Janiven.
"Ah the Sewers. Not exactly the most valiant of beginnings for our merry little resistance, hopefully we can bribe the Bards to embellish this part of our tale."

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

"Revolting..." Sclivian muses as he squeezes into the passage.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

"I thought her soup was bland, Pollux."

Tok steps through the passage behind Ruttle. His eyes adjust to the darkness instantly.


Male Orc Expert 5
Tok Goldfist wrote:

"I thought her soup was bland, Pollux."

Tok steps through the passage behind Ruttle. His eyes adjust to the darkness instantly.

As Tok slips into the tunnel Janiven suddenly bursts out laughing at Tok's remark. "If we survive this I'm sure we can trade recipes later!"

As each of you exit to the other side you find yourselves in deed within Westrcrowns complex sewer network separated by a thick wooden door. It is not as completely dark as you fear as grates and manholes filter the twilight through them making the world dark and difficult for the humans but just fine for Tok and the lowlight vision bearing members of the group.

Each of you are standing on a simple stone ledge with a murky channel of raw sewage and bits of garbage between you and another stone ledge not far off.

As pollux releases his rat onto the ground it sniffs about for a moment before whittling the floor and scrambling up Pollux's rags screeching, squealing and scratching the whole way. It tangles itself in his mess of black hair absolutely shivering with terror.

Knowledge Nature and Perception check from Pollux if you would sir.

Morisono is standing there shaking with terror being here in the dark with scary looking strangers. Janiven eventually crawls through and shuts the heavy wooden door and sets a bar across it. Satisfied she direct Caldazar to bring his lighted shield over as she pulls a heavy rock from the wall and reaches into the hollow revealed behind it to pull out a leather bag.

"Good." She says. "Still here."

Reaching into the bag she passes each of you three potions of Cure Light Wounds

"There's going to be no time to rest. The shadow beasts stalk here as well as the streets at night and the hellknights will be on our heels. We have to move fast. If you have any kind of preparation you need to make do it now and do it fast, that tanglefoot bag won't hold them long."

With that she waits agitatedly for you to do what you need to do.

1,200 exp for avoiding the savage beating you were inevitably going to take for reasoning with hellknights.

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

GM:

What does Sclivian know about shadow beasts?
Knowledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Knowledge(Local) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Knowledge(Planes) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"No need to wait on my account, let's move!"


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:


Knowledge Nature and Perception check from Pollux if you would sir.

As you wish Perception,1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23. Knowledge nature,1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11.

"Something is wrong here."


Male Orc Expert 5

Scivian:
You know for certain that they are either infernal or planar shadow in origin and do stalk the streets after nightfall. Well lit areas can keep them away from an area and the most populace, rich, or important areas of the city are lit with lanterns at night. Where they aren't then the beasts walk freely and ahve been blamed on numerous disappearances in recent years. To date the city has made half hearted statements about handling the problems here and there and many of the dottari adn mercenaries have given their lives attempting to fight these creatures to little or no effect. Rumor has it that the shadowbeasts were placed deliberately by the government to increase its grip over the city by making nightly activity highly regulated by the presence of the lamps in the better neighborhoods but this is only rumor and to suggest it in public is considered treason. To date there is a curfew set in place over the city. For now people have come to accept the curfew and the fact of life that is the shadowbeasts.

Pollux:
Looking around to see what the rat might be scared of you notice all of its favorite foods and all of its typical trappings, for all intents and purposes the rat should be fairly comfortable. The thing that gets you is not what is there, but what isn't. That is the complete and total lack of rodent presence.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok unlatches the top of a small pouch attached to his belt and adjusts his scarf so that it rests freely around his neck, rather than wrapped.

"I am ready. Do you know the way Janiven?"


Male Human Witch 5
TarkXT wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Huh?:

Um... I don't undestand. Are you saying that there are no other rats or that I can see no reason for Castor to be alarmed or both?


Male Orc Expert 5
Pollux wrote:
TarkXT wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Pollux:
That there are no rats, no droppings, no scratches or nests, but this place should be a thriving nest of the little smelly bastards and that's what has Castor alarmed. He can't smell them.

Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax looks around cautiously as he moves with the group, keeping a firm grip on his axe.


Male Human Witch 5

@ DM. Aha!

"Something is wrong. We are alone here."

Pollux couches down looking at the corners where the walls meet the floor.

"Look, no scent marks, no tracks. There are no rats here." "There should be rats here." "They know where it is safe. Something is wrong."


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax eyes Pollux "By the Rough Beast, perhaps you should ask your pet where his friends went since they know where the safe places are. We may want to be there with them shortly."
This Pollux is a crazed dungsweeper! I hope Janiven knows her way about down here, I'd hate for us to rely on this one.


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:

Merax eyes Pollux "By the Rough Beast, perhaps you should ask your pet where his friends went since they know where the safe places are. We may want to be there with them shortly"

This Pollux is a crazed dungsweeper! I hope Janiven knows her way about down here, I'd hate for us to rely on this one.

"You don't understand. Imagine an alley past a graveyard, trees full of starlings. You walk past every night and listen to them. Tonight you walk past and there is silence. Do you notice, do you take another way, or do you walk on to greet what waits beside the graves. The starlings are missing. Something is wrong."

DM:
Pollux is turning out crazier than I expected. Odd.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"We should keep moving."

Pollux:
Dont change a thing, I'm enjoying your character. I picture this crazed vagabond with a pet rat kneeling down in the dirtiest sewers looking for rat droppings while the more pressing matter of being chased by Hellknights has yet to be addressed. Good stuff :)


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:

"We should keep moving."

** spoiler omitted **

Zoon:
I think the two of us will play off each other very well.

Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"Thankyou for the potions, they will come in useful. I need no preparations, I am ready for flight."

To Morisono: "Stay close to me boy, and I will see you through this." as he pulls a dagger from his belt and hands it to the boy.


Male Orc Expert 5

Running my irl kingmaker game right now will get to you guys tonight.

51 to 100 of 3,581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.