Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House

Game Master Tark the Ork

CURRENT COMBAT MAP


1 to 50 of 3,565 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Orc Expert 5

Vizio's tavern lies in one of the less traveled streets in westcrown. The dottari rarely if ever bother patroling this area as it was not long ago that this tavern was frequented by merchant guards looking for a quiet place to complain and have a drink, simply not a good place to start a fight.

As you approach the tavern you watch it cautiously for but a moment, noting that what few passerby's there are either seem completely disinterested in your doings or are too busy with their own shady dealings to care about yours.

The tavern looks as if it had done some brisk business at some point with the paint being brightly colored and the iron on the signs and doors still free of rust. But signs of neglect are showing as the exterior appears to have not been cleaned in a while and the pain is beggining to chip. The rain provides a good cover for you while you wait. When the streets are completely clear you make your move across the street.

Upon entering there's no one inside but a small handful that have arrived before you (if you're not the first). An attractive but anxious looking woman is sitting behind the bar organizing the bottles and cleaning the spotless bar out of wht seems like nervous habit rather than necessary maintenance.

The order you post is the order in which you will arrive feel free to interact and get introductions out of the way until everyone has arrived and had a chance to meet.

Pollux:
Shortly after your torture and discovery of the rat you concocted a number of plans to get sweet delightful revenge on thos who broke your house and threw you in the gutter.

Everything from arson, to trickery involving prostitutes and embarassing sexually transmitted diseases, to assassination to even more bizzare plots. Ultimately the rat would shoot them down for being too messy, too fast, too slow, too boring and "Where are we going to get a dire weasel this time of night"?

After a while you were approached by a an attractive woman who identified herself as Janiven. She said that she had heard of the troubles you were having and offered you a warm meal, a bath, and a way to get some help with your troubles.

The rat indicated it had been a while since you ate anything plus you could probably use other people to help you get sweet sweet revenge. Did he mention that cnady corn was sweet? He likes candy corn.

As you work up the nerve to enter the tavern the rat makes it a point to hide in your rags until you leave the tavern citing that he didn't want to start a riot or get it closed down at the next health inspection.

As you walk in Janizen, the woman you met earlier is working the bar. She smiles at you with a mix of relief and pity. "Great I'm glad you can make it. Have a seat the others should be here shortly."

She then sits you down with a mug of watered down ale and a large bowl of plain but hearty stew.

Caldazar:
It didn't take long after your arrival to find malcontents who wanted change. What was difficult was finding some kind of organizaed resistance or even people willing to do more than quietly whisper about making change.

The ORder of The Rack is nothing if not thorough and many times you have had to lay low and hide as a squad of zealous hellknights cleaned out a neighborhood of any possible sedition.

It was during one of these particularly harrowing events that an attractive woman named Janizen gave you sanctuary. She told you that there were almost no groups among the common folk willing to brave the Hellknights unending obsession with order.

She did tell you that a group of like minded individuals were looking to change thigns though adn that if you were willing to come to this tavern. As you come in she smiles brightly and directs you to the table where others are seated. "Please have a seat. Would you like an ale?"

Tok:
When you arrive in the city you find yourself shocked and a little afraid by what you find. You have heard of human cities before and how they were supposedly different from the mountain fortresses and mines of your people.

You never expected this. Fiends walk openly down the streets. Oppression is everywhere and at night you have to stay indoors or be devoured alive by creatures of shadow.

Surprisingly though the city is relatively orderly and you find little trouble fitting neatly into the cogs of the machine. Even if that machine is oiled by blood and fueled by innocent lives. Eventually you hire yourself to a bookish but somewhat paranoid wizard named Scivian Ruttle. You've only been a short time in his service and to date you've yet to put your skills to use.

You're about a week from your first payment when he comes to you and asks you to do something rather odd. He asks you to go in his place to a meeting at a tavern. Despite your protests that you'd be a poor bodyguard to leave him alone. He insisted. So you went figuring you could probably do with some time in a tavern.

You enter the tavern and explained to the woman at the bar who sent you.

"Really? He couldn't be bothered to come himself?" She says suspiciously.

You shrug explaining your his bodyguard and he's paranoid.

She gives you a long and inquisitive look before shrugging her shoulders with a sigh and directing you to a table with others.

"I can't say I like this but Arael vouches for him so to hells with it have a seat and I'll bring you an ale."This is assuming Scivian arrives after you. If he comes before disregard the last bits.

Scivian:
When you sit at home looking over your life with a glass of fine infernal wine you will look upon this month as the month of regret.

First you regret not locking the door. Not that it mattered really since they kicked your door right in as if it were paper. The hellknights flooded in your home and within moments it was set ablaze turning decades of careful accounting and a lifetimes worth of work into ash.
Your next regret was trying to issue a formal protest with all the proper organizations. That turned out even worse as the accusations you pointed were turned right around to you. Your assets were frozen adn you were forbidden from leaving the city until a formal and thorough invesitgation into your actions as an infernal book keeper could be made.
Which by your reckoning would take longer than your simple mortal lifetime would take to end. What's worse though was what couldn't be explained. Your numerous contacts refused to have anything to do with you, your clientelle vanished, and your connections to the hells and the government pretend you don't exist.
At that point you regretted focusing on your work rather than your arcane skills because you lacked the pwoer to properly defend yourself agains tthe various robbers thieves and miscreants who took great care of robbing you of your better sets of clothes.
Then you regretted hiring a bodyguard, a gruff dwarven brawler named Tok, without checking your funds. By law if you can't pay him for his services he can sell you into slavery to make up for the funds. An unacceptable situation. At the same time you were approached by an attractive woman named Janiven who said she could help you with your problem, let you gain a respectable reputation again, and even make the city a better place.
You suspected that she was a rebel element and saw an opportunity to get in the good graces of the ORder of the Rack and conveiniently get rid of the inconvienient bodyguard.

With that you dropped an anonymous note for the hellknights to find and sent your bodyguard under the guise of taking your place.

Which led to your latest regret; if Tok is captured rather than killed he will say he went on your behalf. On top of this he has served loyally triggering somethign deep in your conscious.

You now find yourself runnign to the tavern hoping to see if you can't extricate Tok and yourself from a bad situation you helped create. Of course you can't alert the rebels or Tok of what you did as doing so would be suicide. Instead your best hope is to get the meeting done quickly and hope the hellknights haven't found the note you left just yet.
Besides, an inner prt of you is saying, if everything she said is true than you'll be in a position to collect debts, not merely tally them. And maybe even find out who, what, or why your business and life was destroyed.

If Tok arrives after you

As you enter you see no sign of Tok but Janiven si behind the bar nervously cleaning dishes and burning something on the oven. She smiles nervously at you and directs you to a table expecting others to arrive shortly.

Merxilar:
Prison was..entertaining. Within you began a small cult of Rovagug and was something of an intimidating figure within the walls. Suprisingly none of the guards ever discovered the true nature of your violent gang or your disciples only that they needed to get you out and fast before you brought the whole plsce down. You gave some of them commands upon their release to seek out your sister and some even managed to come back adn inform you of rumors of her state.
As you left the prison you only know that she is living somewhere in westcrown adn that she is alive but hidden. Your disciples referred you to seek out certain commoner groups whose knowledge of the cities darker neighborhoods would be of great aid to you.
Upon your release you left your cult behind and started the search for the remainder of your family in earnest. Your inquiries led you to an attractive woman named Janiven who heard of your story adn was astonished to hear about your "wrongful" imprisonment. She offered to give you a place to stay while you seek out your family and a chance to bring down the current system, two things you've been wanting badly.
She told you to meet her at this tavern to discuss making the city a better place. You don't know about that but the rest sounded appealing enough.

Entering she smiles brightly and seats you at a table with others(or no one if you are the first to arrive).


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar enters the tavern shaking the drizzle from his clothing. He gives a cursory nod of greeting to any who look his way as he approaches the bar. Seeing Janizen, he greets her: "Hail fair Janizen, how fare you this day?" before allowing himself to be directed to the partially full table.

Giving a cursory bow before seating, he greets the fellow patrons "Hail and well met fellows. My name is Caldazar Rothern, formally of Westcrown and recently returned. May I have the pleasure of knowing you?" Caldazar also nods his assent at receiving a tankard of ale.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax closes the door behind him and walks further into the dining room of the tavern. He makes eye contact with Janiven, nods to her and suspiciously looks at the brown haired man at the table with her.
He places his greataxe blades-downward and leans the handle against the table within easy reach should the need arise.

"Janiven I presume, though I don't know who your companion is. I am Meraxilar Zoon."
"Is there anything to drink here of better quality than this tavern?"

He cracks a half-smile at them as he sits down at the table.


Male Orc Expert 5

Janiven frowns slightly at Meraxilar's request. "There's wine in the cellar but I think it's a bit early to be popping that at the moment. Perhaps after supper. Feel free to introduce yourselves to one another. We have some time before the rest arrives."

With that she sets down a mg of ale for Caldazar and goes back to the bar.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax glances at Caldazar's mug of ale with a barely noticable look of disappointment and sighs quietly. He calls out to Janiven as she heads to the bar...
"Ale it is then. My thanks, Janiven."

He extends a hand to Caldazar...
"Apologies, Caldazar was it? Feel free to call me Merax."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar thanks Janiven and takes a draught from the tankard.

Shaking Merax's hand "Aye, it's Caldazar - well met Merax. That's a mighty large axe you have there, expecting to be chopping some firewood?". The warm smile on his face lets you know his comment was meant in friendly jest.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Put a little more at ease by Caldazar's smile, Merax relaxes abit more.

"Merely a tool, such as your Morningstar might be used to drive in a nail. Now we can tell the later arrivals that we are a Lumberjack and Carpenter."

Merax chuckles and returns a smile to Caldazar.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"Aye, the hardware store was all out of hammers" he adds with a sparkle in his eye. "What brings you to Westcrown good Merax? Are you recently arrived, or do your roots run deeper?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax takes a moment to gauge Caldazar before answering.
"Perhaps both, Caldazar."

After a few moments, Merax looks at Janiven and tries to change the subject.
"So, just how many others are expected to arrive?"


Male Dwarf Monk/2

A dwarf, dressed simply, apart from a bright orange and teal scarf, walks towards the table with the two humans. "At least one more," he said. "I am Tok, here on behalf of my employer, Scivian Ruttle. I presume you are familiar with him?"

Tok sits at the table, eyeing the large axe with interest. "So, which of you are the woodsman?"


Male Orc Expert 5

"Three more after you three." Janiven said sourly when she sets down Meraxilar's and Tok's ale. "I do not like the attitude of ou employer to send you like this Mr. Tok. I trust he has a good explanation for this."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar ponders Merax's subject change for a moment before Tok's interupption.

"Welcome Tok, I am Caldazar Rothern and the owner of the axe is Merax. I'm afraid I do not know of your employer though." extending his hand to shake Tok's.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok impulsively pushes the ale away. "No ale for me," he says.

"It is an honor to meet you both. Though I am surprised Scivian's name is unfamiliar to you. I know not why we are here if he did not call us together."


Male Human Witch 5

The door opens and a ... figure... sidles in.
It could be human but in Westcrown one can never be sure. It is shrouded in a dark grey cloak a little to large for it.

"Ah you didn't say there was going to be a meeting."
"My name is Pollux"
The voice is human anyway, male and a little young.

The figure pulls back the overlarge hood revealing a young man with thick and rather wild black hair. He walks towards the bar where Janizen has already set out a large bowl of soup and a small block of cheese. You see that the man's cloak and in fact all his clothes are made of many other pieces of clothing expertly sewn together.

He quickly eats the stew but the cheese slips swiftly into a pocket of the cloak.

Tok wrote:

Tok impulsively pushes the ale away. "No ale for me," he says.

"It is an honor to meet you both. Though I am surprised Scivian's name is unfamiliar to you. I know not why we are here if he did not call us together."

"I'll take it then, if you don't want it. Pity to let things go to waste. I'm afraid I don't know your employer either. What does he do and which House does he work for?"

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

"My client base is not for discussion," comes the reflexive reply.

A slender, slight man slides into the room. He nods toward Janiven, noting the cautious look on her face. Dressed in a ruffled quality suit that has clearly seen better days, a series of scroll cases at his belt, a prayer shawl decorated with pentagrams, and with a new crossbow slung across his shoulder that he has clearly not gotten used to carrying, he casts a furtive gaze about the room before settling upon Tok. His thin lips extend into a wide, slippery grin.

Approaching the dwarf, he immediately responds, "It is good to see you, Mr. Goldfist," with a touch of fondness.

He turns to address the others. "My name is Sclivian Ruttle, Esq., karcist accountant, solicitor, and contract preparer." He nods and sits, and before too much gets said, adds, "We should turn things over to J... our server."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Upon noticing the pentagram upon the newcomer's shawl, Caldazar is put ill at ease. Signs such as this generally mean that their wearer does not see eye to eye with Milani's goals. However first glances do not always ring true, and he appears to know Janizen... mayhap he should hear him out.

He nods a greeting at Pollux, before waiting for Janizen to speak.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok nods at the odd human, Pollux. He looks a little off - why would a man of Ruttle's position meet someone like him?

To Pollux: "Take it. I'm afraid I won't speak of Ruttle's business if you are unfamiliar with it. Ruttle works with -" Tok is interrupted by Sclivian's arrival; intrigued by the old man's fond greeting towards him. Why is he here? What sort of mess are we in?


Male Orc Expert 5

Janiven looks on warily as Scivian walks in. "Well look who decided to come after all. Well your bodyguard has already arrived and as you can see remains completely unharmed. We're just waiting on one more person to arrive before we can begin in earnest. For now take a seat and be social we're all going to have to know one another for what I propose."

Janiven dropped a tankard of ale in front of the wizard before taking a look outside the windows wearing a small frown. With clear agitation she returned to the work of the tavern.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Tok turns to stare at Ruttle. Unharmed? Did he send me here to be harmed? But if so, why would he bother coming? Tok is put on edge, unsure who can be trusted.

DM:

I'd like to conduct a sense motive check on Janiven to determine if she is being up front with me, and to a lesser extent, Ruttle.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Sclivian glances over to meet Tok's stare, quickly returns to gaze pointedly at Janiven, and responds, measuredly, "It is certainly fortuitous that he remains unharmed, although I can't help but notice you are still worried about the continuation of that state. Who, precisely, are you expecting?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Out of habit, Merax finds his other hand resting on the handle of his axe. Taking note of Caldazar's reaction to Ruttle he thinks to himself... I may yet see this one as a friend.

Casually his gaze falls upon Tok sizing up the dwarf. A bodyguard seemingly unarmed. Interesting.

Then a raised eyebrow to Pollux. A strange group indeed

Finally he turns to Sclivian Ruttle and bluntly states...
"With due respect, your symbols will do little to ease relations with some of the less than happy Wiscrani, Ruttle. I would ask if your client list might include government officials or houses in favor with them?"
Knowing this would make it easier for me to decide on how I may address you in the future."
Merax does not attempt to hide any hint of suspicion here.

Prerolling a Sense Motive as well for Ruttle's response. If Ruttle is considered to be of a noble house, please add +1 to my roll for the Diabolist-Raised trait.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Tark, the above was just a reminder about my trait. I mean no disrespect if you were already aware. As a fellow GM usually I know you have to keep track of a bazillion modifiers, I just wanted to make it easier with my situational modifier


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Despite the feeling of betrayal, Tok instinctively turns to Meraxilar. Should you be inclined to address anyone, I would ask that you address me.


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Without even glancing at Tok...
"Noted, Tok."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"Men, as we are still one short I might suggest that we wait until our party is complete before casting suspicion upon each other?" holding his hands out to the sides in a gesture of peace. "There may be a greater purpose to this"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"True enough, Caldazar." Merax relaxes his grip on the axe handle, reaches for his mug and takes another swig of his ale. Who else are we expecting, Janiven?"

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

"Caldazar, is it?" Sclivian inquires, "A pleasure to meet you."

Looking over to Meraxian, he adds, "And if the symbols worry you, fear not. They are wards, but would have no power over the likes of those gathered here." To make his point, he removes the shawl, carefully folds it, and tucks it into his waistcoat.


Male Human Witch 5

"So a Tik-man, a dwarf, two heavies, and a me walk into a bar. I know someone will be saying ow. Care to tell us who that will be Janiven?"

"I don't think the person you are waiting for will be coming. Or at least not before the knights find this little less than legal gathering."


Male Orc Expert 5

Janiven gives a sharp glance to pollux as he mentions the knights. "Nothing about the meeting we're having is illegal Pollux as I' m sure Mr. Ruttle will tell you. Thankfully good men can still gather and at least talk to one another correct? That's one thing we can at least not fear." She sighed and looked forlornly at the window for a moment. "Well, there's no reason for you men to starve."

With that she goes to the front and locks the door while also closing the shutters to the windows. She serves you dinner then, nothing exceptional but filling.

"If you'd like to know what all of you have in common to speak of you have all been wronged by the current state of the city in one form or another. You can speak freely the dottari have no ears in here. Unless I'm mistaken."

With that she gives a brief glance to Tok.

Meraxilar's sensemotive:
Sclivian seems agitated about something though the nature of it is hidden.

Tok's sense motive:
Janiven seems anxious as she is waiting for...someoen. She does not expect trouble to come of it but rather that it's trouble they are not here. You note that she observes the group with a careful eyes watching how you interact adn behave with one another. She seems particularly sspicious of you and Mr. Ruttle but looks on Meraxilar and Pollux with sadness and pity. Caldazar she looks on with a hint of admiration when he speaks as he cuts an impressive figure.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar returns Mr Ruttles greeting. "Aye, the ones that use the Hellknights to their own selfish ends have wronged me. Though that is past, my business now is the breaking of chains, rending of bonds and downfall of the autocrats." he passionately states and pounds the table for effect. His eyes then rove the table seeking signs of assent or dissent from the others.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

To Janiven: "I am no friend of the dottari - but nor am I their enemy. I am newly arrived in Westcrown, as I heard there was need for those with my talent." Looking at Ruggle, "It appears that, at least, was true."

Turning back to Janiven, he says, "You have nothing to fear from me. I am simply a hired hand. Who is it you are waiting for? Should the rest of us share your concern that he or she has not arrived?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

I'll keep the result of my sense motive to myself for now.

As to Caldazar's statement, Merax shoots him a cautious look. He then politely passes his plate of food to Pollux... "What exactly is a "Tik-Man"?"


Male Human Witch 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:

I'll keep the result of my sense motive to myself for now.

As to Caldazar's statement, Merax shoots him a cautious look. He politely passes his plate of food to Pollux... "What exactly is a "Tik-Man"?"

Pollux looks at Meraxilar like he's grown an extra head. "A ledger jockey. Someone who makes ticks in books to try to shield them from the world. Slang I suppose, thanks for the food."

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Mr. Ruttle chuckles. "That all depends on which world one needs shielding from."

He sighs as he continues. "However, now that Janiven has opened up the topic of conversation, I shall admit that I have, of late, received... incivility. A large number of ledgers of mine have indeed been stolen, vandalized or confiscated. I have tried to determine why, precisely, external powers wish for this to have occurred. My working theory is that there was some esoteric combination of contractual obligations that resulted in a rather unfortunate loophole for a specific malignant party, and the attempt to seal the loophole... involved sealing... me."

Catching the look from Pollux, he continues. "I am no ordinary 'tik-man', however. My line of work involves the details, interpretations, and combination of infernal contracts. Thus, the wards," he states, patting his waistcoat pocket. "However, I recognize that such a party might involve a concerned private person of means, a government organization, or any combination thereof, including a Prince. Without access to the absconded files, I cannot backtrack and determine the specific chain that would lead to this party taking such extreme measures."


Male Human Witch 5
Sclivian Ruttle wrote:

Mr. Ruttle chuckles. "That all depends on which world one needs shielding from."

He sighs as he continues. "However, now that Janiven has opened up the topic of conversation, I shall admit that I have, of late, received... incivility. A large number of ledgers of mine have indeed been stolen, vandalized or confiscated. I have tried to determine why, precisely, external powers wish for this to have occurred. My working theory is that there was some esoteric combination of contractual obligations that resulted in a rather unfortunate loophole for a specific malignant party, and the attempt to seal the loophole... involved sealing... me."

Catching the look from Pollux, he continues. "I am no ordinary 'tik-man', however. My line of work involves the details, interpretations, and combination of infernal contracts. Thus, the wards," he states, patting his waistcoat pocket. "However, I recognize that such a party might involve a concerned private person of means, a government organization, or any combination thereof, including a Prince. Without access to the absconded files, I cannot backtrack and determine the specific chain that would lead to this party taking such extreme measures."

"Suddenly interested Pollux turns to Mr. Ruttle. "When did this happen?

Of corse the metal heads don't really need a reason, you may have been a mistake. They are known to miss things."

Pollux takes a drink.

"Who had you been working with recently?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax looks to Janiven.
"So a Tik-Man lost a few books, should that concern us, Janiven?"


Male Orc Expert 5
Meraxilar Zoon wrote:

Merax looks to Janiven.

"So a Tik-Man lost a few books, should that concern us, Janiven?"

As Janiven sits down with her own meal adn ale she addresses Tok first. "It's nothing of concern right now. Simply unusual. I'm waiting on a friend and he's usually punctual. It's not nightfall yet so he has time."

She eats while you continue to talk before Meraxilar asks his question. "Isn't it a concern that he lost his life and livelihood without so much as a reason why? It's not an uncommon story. Monsters stalk the night and zealous order marches in daylight with little concern to the needs of the people and many are thoughtlessly oppressed or imprisoned with little to no warning or reason. I recall you telling me you were imprisoned for the crime of doing your patriotic duty. Does his tale not ring a similar tone?"


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

"My imprisonment was the direct result of an act of ill conceived vengeance rather than any act of patriotism. Regardless if it wasn't for the way of things in Cheliax, it would never have happened. Apologies dear Janiven, you are correct nonetheless. Things must change, Westcrown has suffered long enough."

Merax looks to Ruttle "My apologies to you as well, please continue."


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Suddenly, Tok realizes the undertone of the meeting. This is no innocent meeting of accountants. These are rebels.

Tok begins studying the room to determine where an attack could come from, and how best to escape if that were to happen.

Edit:
Oops, here's my skill check.
1d2 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Edit #2:
Here's my skill check with a d20
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Cheliax

Male Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (Banishment) 3

Mr. Ruttle shakes his head. "I have little more to say at the moment. Any client I mention at this juncture will be immediately suspected, and I will not jeopardize their reputations without proof. I am quite positive that my office has been declared a crime scene by now, and I have no interest in attracting further interest from those who would see my life's work destroyed."

He sighs, finishing, "The first step will be in building a team more interested in investigation."

He just lets a small smirk show before drinking his ale.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

"As long as the end is common, I'm willing to overlook the means that got us here. Let our faith in one another be guided by actions present and future rather than tales of that which has passed."


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax walks over to the bar and returns with the bottle of ale that Janiven was serving from. He looks around at everyone in turn for the approving nod to a refill after refilling his own mug. He eventually turns to Janiven...
"So if I understand this correctly our final arrival is not someone you contacted like us but a colleague of yours. If he is late, perhaps we should begin the meeting without him. Im assuming he already knows why we are here and can be filled in on specific details later."


Male Orc Expert 5

Could I get a diplomacy check from mr. zoon please?


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Diplomacy
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

egads! Not very diplomatic


Male Dwarf Monk/2

Two ones on one page? We are doomed!


Male Orc Expert 5

Your blunt demeanor and lack of tact is off putting to the already somewhat agitated Janiven. She glares at Meraxilar.

"I believe your imprisonment must have removed whatever manners you had Merax. We'll give him until everyone's finished their meal. I'm sure you'll find that it's much more agreeable to have everyone here to discuss what we have to propose."

With that she digs into her food like a champion gourmand not making it very apparent that it would be unwise to interrupt her angry food binge.


Male Dwarf Monk/2

As Tok finishes his meal, he turns to Ruttle, speaking quietly to him.

Ruttle:
"I am sorry for my reaction earlier. You hired me to protect you. I am your servant. You owe me nothing apart from my wage. I am not sure what your...situation is now, but I will walk this path with you to its conclusion. I am your man.

That said, if you ever send me to be bloodied or killed without my knowledge of that fact, I will, as soon as I am able, repay you in kind."


Male Human (Chelish) Cleric 4 AC: 17/10/17 HP: 30

Merax raises an eyebrow then takes a deep breath. (I imagine a good visual as to my look right now is my avatar, lol :) )
"I never meant this very second dear Janiven, and I certainly would never interrupt anyone's meal regardless. I can wait until everyone is ready."

Merax finishes his ale as the group continues their meal.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Milani (Preacher archetype) 4

Caldazar eats his meal in relative silence after thanking Janiven for bringing it to him. While he has more questions and doubts, he also judges that the mood of the room is not conducive to their resolution. He awaits the arrival of their last guest.


Male Orc Expert 5

As dinner finishes she seems to calm down but maintains her worried expression as she takes everyones dishes. With one last look towards the door she takes a deep breath.

"Thank you all for coming and thank you for your patience. I'm afraid my companion will not be here but we should get this out of the way regardless. I promise this won't take long. All of you should be able to get to your homes before dark.

Again, thank you for agreeing to meet with me here. I have chosen each of you for a singular reason everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I lovethis city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered but this safety and prosperity has been bought in the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!”

Her speech is short and passionate but effective. Those of you who have been in westcrown know that men and women, entire families, have been torn apart by the government for saying less. Her words are treason, no more, no less. She watches each of you carefully, gauging your reactions.

1 to 50 of 3,565 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tark's Council of Thieves: Nobles without a House All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.