Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tales from the City of Opal

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is my homebrew world Arcaia. This particular setting is the free city of Opal, a lush equatorial city set on the edge of an immense jungle rife with undead , ancient civilizations, and dinosaurs.


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,195 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Nice to see having a high perception character nets as many successes as Karrin :P


Elf Magus 5

heh, the digital dice are showing me NO love, in either of PAt's games! ;P


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

Perception

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Unfortunately I believe Egan is above deck.


Bribes always welcome
Izkrael wrote:
Perception 1d20+8

Iz:

Spoiler:
Iz sees Magnus' eyes cloud over milky and his hand twitch towards the dagger on the floor

OK..Magnus and Iz. Roll individual initiatives


Elf Magus 5

Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Bribes always welcome

OK..the dice have spoken

Iz reacts a hairsbreath too late. Magnus snatches up the gore-caked dagger and brings it across his own throat in a slashing manner, a red line springing up on his throat

Automatic damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Magnus roll me a DC16 Fortitude save please


Elf Magus 5

Fort Save: (DC:16): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

YES! :)


Kessel says something in a strange language, one might assume that it's some sort of curse from the tone and context.


Bribes always welcome
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

Fort Save: (DC:16): 1d20+6

YES! :)

After slicing across his throat, Magnus drops the dagger and stands still, looking stunned. A small rivulet of blood from the shallow cut dribbles down his neck

Magnus:

Spoiler:
The feeling of impending doom and need to suicide drains away. Magnus feels as if whatever sparked the incident has departed, leaving him stunned for a handsbreath of seconds. The feeling of anger and hopelessness lingers. It didn't feel like the actions of a depressed person, rather a cornered rat with no options.

No further damage, the cut was shallow enough not to get an artery


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"What in the hells? What was that all about? You OK?" San exclaims to Magnus.


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

Felicia watching Magnus "Guess this place is starting to get to him."


Elf Magus 5

Magnus clasps a hand to his neck, eyes wide. His breath comes in short, rapid pants. After a moment he begins breathing in something less than hyperventilation speed.

Felicia wrote:
Felicia watching Magnus "Guess this place is starting to get to him."

"Yes. Something like that." Magnus mutters hoarsely.

Sanvoros wrote:
"What in the hells? What was that all about? You OK?" San exclaims to Magnus.

Magnus shakes his head to clear it. His usually c0cky demeanor nowhere to be seen. A sure sign of how shaken he is.

"Some sort of, magical, psychic residue. Very powerful. VERY. A sudden, intense feeling of impending doom and desire to take my own life. I can still feel the anger and hopelessness." The elf tilts his head thoughtfully, inspecting the dagger and blood once again.

"However, it didn't feel like depression. It wasn't a 'my life is terrible and I want it to end' feeling. It felt like I was a cornered rat with no other options." He tries to explain to the others. He shrugs his shoulders.

"The wizard's journal mentioned that he planned to take his own life before he fell completely under the control of the 'Mother Slime'. This could be where he actually did it." Magnus says thoughtfully, waving his hand over the dagger.

"A wizard with any true power could easily have left a residual magical hotspot behind."

Magnus takes his hand away from his neck, checks the damage, and wraps a handkerchief around his neck. "I've done worse shaving!" he quips, almost back to his old self.

"I should be immune to the mental effects now, but please watch for a moment, just in case." He asks, then picks the dagger back up.

Presuming there is not another mental attack
MAgnus wraps the dagger in a another handkerchief and tucks it into his belt.
"This may come in handy. That much mystic energy, directed back at the source of what caused him to suicide, may be useful in defeating this creature."


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya looks somewhat disturbed, but not necessarily by the fact that Magnus just tried to slit his own throat.

"What, you're keeping that thing? Whatever's bound to that dagger might try to kill the rest of us!"

She instinctively takes a few steps backward.


Elf Magus 5

Waiting to make sure that a successful save negates the mental attack ;)

Magnus looks at the dagger tucked into his belt, and back at Vilya.

"So far so good?" He smirks.

"It's actually a very sound mystical and martial theory. Turning the strength of the attacker back upon itself. I intend to see if it works on sentient slimes. It should make a fascinating paper." His pointy ears perk up in anticipation of the expected accolades.


Bribes always welcome
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

Waiting to make sure that a successful save negates the mental attack ;)

Magnus looks at the dagger tucked into his belt, and back at Vilya.

"So far so good?" He smirks.

"It's actually a very sound mystical and martial theory. Turning the strength of the attacker back upon itself. I intend to see if it works on sentient slimes. It should make a fascinating paper." His pointy ears perk up in anticipation of the expected accolades.

Yup you are in the clear. It was a one-trick pony

whatever residual psychic misery the knife focused seems to be dispersed. Now, only one cabin remains unchecked ..


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Ok, let's check out the last cabin. Be ready for anything, folks. Whatever may still be here is probably there. Obviously."

Right before the group enters the last cabin, San will cast bull's strength on himself.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya melts into the shadows, ready to sneak-attack anything that decides to reveal itself.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

Felecia gets her sword ready to charge in if needed.


Elf Magus 5

Magnus is actually disturbed enough by what happened to him that he actually approaches the door with blade in hand, instead of relying on his amazing speed to draw it when needed.

Ready! :)


Kessel lets out a small bone wary sigh, but prepares himself for action.


Bribes always welcome

The next room's door is also bady damaged, seemingly on its last legs. Vilya's inspection determines it trap free and unlocked.

Inside is a fancy stateroom. This stateroom was once richly appointed
with mahogany paneled walls, a sturdy dining table made of teak, six wooden chairs, a well-padded captain's chair, and a wooden cabinet full of fine dining accoutrements. However, the room is now in a shambles. Blood and scorchmarks mar the walls and floor, the dining table is overturned, hacked and dented and the chairs lay tossed about the room.

The cabinet lies on its side with its contents spilled. Broken china, silverware, and wooden mugs lie scattered about.

Actions?


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San quickly looks about the room.

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

If he doesn't see any immediate threats, he'll start the detect magic scanning.


Bribes always welcome

San:

Spoiler:
San doesn't see anything dangerous, and his gaze finds nothing magical. He does note there is some nice-looking silverware scattered among the wreckage


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"OK, I'm not seeing anything here. Some of that silverware could be worth something, but other than that, nothing. What are we missing? What parts of the ship haven't we seen? There's got to be something here, right?"


Bribes always welcome

There is a stairway leading down into the hold ...


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan, no longer hearing signs of conflict from below, sticks his head into the cabin..."Everything OK"?


Elf Magus 5

"Fine. If you like cleaning up other person's messes!" Magnus replies dryly.

"MIght I suggest that we close that hatch and bar it until morning? At least then we'll have sunlight on our side. We can always rip up the deck and flood the lower deck with light if we have too!" He smirks.

Are there any large hatches on deck to below? Cargo hatches, that sort of thing? If so MAgnus suggests checking to make sure the are all closed and barred.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"What, you don't wanna check out those stairs? They're practically calling our names, don't you think?"


Bribes always welcome

Sorry for the delay. There is the stairs leading down and also a large dogged hatchway in the center of the deck


Elf Magus 5
Sanvoros Draben wrote:
"What, you don't wanna check out those stairs? They're practically calling our names, don't you think?"

"Indeed. But I don't like what they're calling me." Magnus replies with a sniff.

I thought the plan was originally to clear this deck, so we could spend the night in relative safety, then tackle the hold & below decks after the sun rose?


Elf Magus 5

AND the RL insanity continues,... ;P


Bribes always welcome

Just waiting on a descision..


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

"I would rather not give anything as insidious seeming as this... mold a chance to sneak up on any of us while resting. I believe continuing on and clearing the rest of the ship to be the better choice." Izkrael says, primarily speaking to Magnus.


"I've stated my opinions already," Kessel says, "But if we wish to revisit the debate I'd be more then happy to restate my position."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"I say we face this thing now. I've still got most of my magic, as well. And the bull's strength spell I cast is still good for a few more minutes."

I'm guessing ...


Elf Magus 5

"Oh, what the heck! I must confess to being extremely curious about this new species of Slime." Magnus grins.

"MOstly, I'm curious how to KILL it. Swiftly." He adds with a smirk.

"So, which way?" He asks, "Personally, I think the door and steps will allow us easier entrance and defensive ability than the large floor hatch." He suggests, moving closer to the door.


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"Door is fine with me."


Bribes always welcome

the door is open, and there are steps that lead into darkness ...

marching order, single file please


Kessel will try to be somewhere just behind our front row fighters so he can cast spells, use his bardic abilities or fire arrows.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San will go down first, Ghostfetter at the ready and light cast on it.


Elf Magus 5

Magnus steps up behind San as he enters the doorway.

He mutters something under his breath about the poor eyesight of half-elves. But it's half-hearted at best, probably just to cover the fact that he's nervous.

He enters with his rapier drawn, instead of relying on his amazing speed to draw it when needed. His empty hand is raised and ready to block or cast,...


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Assuming Egan has joined the crowd by now...leaving Whisperwing to keep watch above, he steps up third in line with his dangerous bow in hand.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37 Perception


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

As said before, Vilya is keeping to the shadows.


Bribes always welcome

Vilya are you scouting point or doing rearguard?


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Vilya are you scouting point or doing rearguard?

Rearguard-ish. I was thinking she'd be skirting off to one side.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

dot

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,195 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales from the City of Opal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.