Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tales from the City of Opal

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is my homebrew world Arcaia. This particular setting is the free city of Opal, a lush equatorial city set on the edge of an immense jungle rife with undead , ancient civilizations, and dinosaurs.


2,551 to 2,600 of 3,195 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali quietlt watches the exchanges, keeping a sharp eye on the half orc.


Bribes always welcome

Kraken takes a hit from Felicia, but continues to try and escape. He gets to the edge of the grease and begins heading for the aft doors.

Actions??


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

"Fine. You want my help?"

Vilya moves from her corner to intercept the half-orc, aiming a vicious sideways chop at Kraken's lower spine.

Move action, then single attack.

Machete: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; confirm critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8


Bribes always welcome

Kraken collapses as Vilya's blade slashes him

he has a bunch of non-lethal, so I'll assume he has just gone unconscious and isn't bleeding out


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan turns his bow to the escaping half orc, but holds his shot when he sees Vilya take him down.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

"Now that's how it's done."


Elf Magus 5

Magnus claps slowly as he exits the cabin.

His smile is indecipherable.

"Shall we see where he was in such a hurry to get to?" he suggests casually.

He WAS trying to get to the cabin/doors that were NOT exploring, correct?


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

Magnus claps slowly as he exits the cabin.

His smile is indecipherable.

Vilya sticks her tongue out at Magnus behind his back.


Elf Magus 5

MAgnus grins, undoubtedly thinking he knows what is going on behind him.

He approaches the doorway to the other cabin.

"Well now, let us see where he was in such a hurry to get to, shall we?" He says, indicating the doorway.

Wow, Deja' vu?


Bribes always welcome

Two doors sit secured in the stern part of the boat. Three small stairways lead up to a sterncastle deck. The foremast is there, its sail hanging limply.

The daylight has finally faded. Those without augmented vision suffer, as Arcaia's main moon Selene has yet to rise. Its smaller sister Agni is in the sky, but the crescent reddish moon casts a very wan light that doesn't illuminate much.

I assume you tie up Kraken again? Also, north door or south door?


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Why don't we see what our friend here was so eager to get to get to." I think we want the door Kraken was trying to get in.


Elf Magus 5

"Agreed."
Could we tell which door he was trying to get to? Or if he was headed for the stairs? If not, I guess we'll start with the North door. Just to have a starting place :)

"This worked before,..." Magnus murmurs, standing well to the side of the door as the others get into position. When ready, he gently wiggles the handle to see if it's locked. If not, he nods and pulls it open,...


Bribes always welcome

It looks as if he was headed for the middle stairs, which lead further down into the ship

The southernmost door shows signs of damage. It is shut, but looks like someone took an axe to it. Streaks of blood spatter the splintered oak surface. Magnus pulls it open gently. It squeals, and opens outward.

Inside, a dried blood-caked battleaxe is embedded in the side of the ship. Beyond is a spacious cabin. The room is dark, but several pieces of furniture can be seen. A large mahogany desk, A spacious bunk, an oaken sea chest, and a large wardrobe are evident.


Elf Magus 5

Magnus eyes the room with pursed lips, his elvish eyes making the most of the available light.

Per: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Lol! ;P

He smirks at the axe in the wall.

"Nice touch. Not spooky at all."


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

"See anything shiny?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San follows Magnus, begins looking through the room quickly, also using detect magic to supplement his eyes.

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Kessel casts light on an arrow and follows behind, ready to fire the arrow in the room should the group need light in a hurry.


Bribes always welcome
Sanvoros Draben wrote:

San follows Magnus, begins looking through the room quickly, also using detect magic to supplement his eyes.

perception 1d20+11

San:

Spoiler:
San notes the room is richly appointed. The walls are hung with various carved scrimshaw and exotic wood tribal work, likely by the look from the Eastern Isles and Mazatil. The mahogany desk is large and beautifully carved. Its surface is cluttered with various parchments and what look to be ship navigational tools. The floor of the cabin is covered with the pelts of various large fur-bearing animals and a few Sengenise silk rugs.

Next to the desk is a large pool of dried blood, which has soaked into one of the larger Sengenise rugs. A dagger sits in the middle of it, also covered in blood. A drag trail leads from the dried puddle to the splintered door.

San's detect magic notes that the large oaken wardrobe in the room glows as does the large oaken sea chest.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Izkrael keeps an eye on Kraken,and the general area, rather than overcrowd the cabin.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Bribes always welcome

Man you all are a bunch of unobservant mofos! ;)

Izkrael is suddenly fascinated by the small bioluminescent squid that surround the ship in a dancing ethereal blue glow as the night deepens

Magnus clips his head on a low-lying ship's beam


Elf Magus 5

"OW!"

Magnus steps back, his left hand immediately aglow with mystic energy.

"You all saw that! The ship attacked me first!" He declares haughtily.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

"OW!"

Magnus steps back, his left hand immediately aglow with mystic energy.

"You all saw that! The ship attacked me first!" He declares haughtily.

"Well, aren't you going to bravely fight back?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Lots of interesting stuff in here. Some of these furnishings could bring a pretty penny, I think. Well, we'd need to get that blood stain out of the rug, next to the desk there, first. And there's a dried trail of blood leading from the dried pool to the door.

"Magnus or Kessel - the parchments and navigation tools on the desk, why don't you check 'em out and see what they say? I wanna check out this chest and wardrobe here."

San moves towards the chest, only to hold up. "Hey Vilya, why don't you do a once-over on the chest here. Make sure nothings waiting to make our day a bad one, you know?" He'll move to the wardrobe, and slowly open it, looking to see what it is that gives off the magical aura.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

"Anyone got a light? I can't see in the dark like you people."


Bribes always welcome
Sanvoros Draben wrote:

"Lots of interesting stuff in here. Some of these furnishings could bring a pretty penny, I think. Well, we'd need to get that blood stain out of the rug, next to the desk there, first. And there's a dried trail of blood leading from the dried pool to the door.

"Magnus or Kessel - the parchments and navigation tools on the desk, why don't you check 'em out and see what they say? I wanna check out this chest and wardrobe here."

San moves towards the chest, only to hold up. "Hey Vilya, why don't you do a once-over on the chest here. Make sure nothings waiting to make our day a bad one, you know?" He'll move to the wardrobe, and slowly open it, looking to see what it is that gives off the magical aura.

San:

Spoiler:
San's arcane sight notes that the wardrobe itself seems to be giving off a magical aura moderate conjuration. When he approaches he sees magical runes carved into its doors. When he opens it, he discovers a deep interior with several sets of clothing hung on the wardrobe's bar. Also, there is also a glow coming off a cloak that is hung in the wardrobe.

Kessel fires his arrow into the room

"That should shed a little light on the matter."


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan and whisperwing continue to keep watch on the surrounding waters, and the deck of the ship.

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 Perception


Elf Magus 5
Kessel Cobey wrote:

Kessel fires his arrow into the room

"That should shed a little light on the matter."

"Ah, yes. Much better!" Magnus says cheerfully. (Pointedly not responding to Vilya's comment.)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San pulls the cloak from the wardrobe, and tucks it in his pack. "Magic. We'll check it out later to see what it is. Good news is this entire wardrobe also radiates magic. Like I said, I think once we figure out what's going on here, we'll have a nice payday."

Turning to Vilya, he says, "So, shifty, find anything on that chest? Or can we go ahead and open it?"


Bribes always welcome
Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan and whisperwing continue to keep watch on the surrounding waters, and the deck of the ship.

1d20+20 Perception

Egan:

Spoiler:
The three restrained crewmembers from the Laugh still howl and gibber. The deck is quiet besides them, but Egan feels as if danger is awaiting them down in the darkened hold

Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya moves to examine the chest.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Bribes always welcome
Vilya the Taker wrote:

Vilya moves to examine the chest.

Perception: 1d20 + 4

Vilya examines the chest thouroughly, her dark eyes narrowed.

It is a heavy oaken chest, bound in heavy brass straps firmly rivited to the well-polished wood. It is locked tight

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali also stands on the deck, intently observing the ship for any telltale signs of odd activity.

Perception (sight/touch/smell)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 Sound=Autofail


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Vilya examines the chest thouroughly, her dark eyes narrowed.

It is a heavy oaken chest, bound in heavy brass straps firmly rivited to the well-polished wood. It is locked tight

"Watch and learn, kids."

Vilya's eyes flash solid black as her outline begins to blur, her fingers extending to needle-sharp points. Reality seems to bend slightly around the chest as she reaches inside the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


Bribes always welcome

The large lock opens with a smooth *click*.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Her eyes and hands returning to their normal appearance, Vilya peers inside the chest.


Bribes always welcome
Citlali One Skull wrote:

Citlali also stands on the deck, intently observing the ship for any telltale signs of odd activity.

Perception (sight/touch/smell)1d20+9 Sound=Autofail

Citlali :

Spoiler:
Citlali doesn't see anything, but she catches a whiff of something ... Foul in the air of the ship. It reminds her of the green stagnant pools of water that would collect in the deepest parts of the jungle. Yeasty, rotting and fungusy all at once. A smell of rotting death.

Bribes always welcome

Vilya grins and flips open the chest. Suddenly she feels as if every bone in her body is breaking. Her mouth fills with pain as her teeth creak and splinter. Pain lances up her spine and down the arms and legs.

Roll me a Fort save, O hasty Rogue!


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Vilya grins and flips open the chest. Suddenly she feels as if every bone in her body is breaking. Her mouth fills with pain as her teeth creak and splinter. Pain lances up her spine and down the arms and legs.

Roll me a Fort save, O hasty Rogue!

Figured something like that was going to happen.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Bribes always welcome

LOL, Mazes and Monsters? Rilly? Tom Hank's shame?. Dude, I ain't running in no caverns with toy swords, forget it ;)

9d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 4, 6, 2, 2, 1, 6) = 34 Damage

Vilya also gains the >exhausted< condition for 9 minutes

The group sees Vilya scream and spasm in pain


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

LOL, Mazes and Monsters? Rilly? Tom Hank's shame?. Dude, I ain't running in no caverns with toy swords, forget it ;)

9d6 Damage

Vilya also gains the >exhausted< condition for 9 minutes

The group sees Vilya scream and spasm in pain

Down to -7 hp.

Fortitude save to stabilize: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Bribes always welcome

CLERIC!!

Vilya seizes, and then slumps to the ground in front of the chest.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Damn! Citlali's on deck! Can anyone help Vilya while I go get her?" Without waiting for a response, San heads back up on deck to retrieve the oracle.


Bribes always welcome

The stateroom is actually on the same level.

Those on deck hear the scream (except of course, Citlali) and see San running back out the door


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"Ive got it" Felicia heads over and uses a cure light wand on her

Use magic device

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cure light

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Bribes always welcome
Felicia Leadium wrote:

"Ive got it" Felicia heads over and uses a cure light wand on her

Use magic device

1d20 + 6

Cure light

1d8 + 1

Felicia flubs the magical word/gesture combo and the wand fails to activate


Kessel steps into the room and casts Cure Light Wounds

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Tempted as I am to loot the body," Kessel says wryly as Vilya's eyes flutter open.


Felicia Leadium wrote:
"Ive got it" Felicia heads over and uses a cure light wand on her

"Perhaps you might let me handle that?" Kessel suggests, "I can make it work consistently."


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"..........." A red faced Felicia hands over the wand


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Kessel Cobey wrote:

Kessel steps into the room and casts Cure Light Wounds

1d8+2

"Tempted as I am to loot the body," Kessel says wryly as Vilya's eyes flutter open.

Back up to 2 hp.

"You... wouldn't... dare... Mine."

2,551 to 2,600 of 3,195 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales from the City of Opal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.