Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tales from the City of Opal

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is my homebrew world Arcaia. This particular setting is the free city of Opal, a lush equatorial city set on the edge of an immense jungle rife with undead , ancient civilizations, and dinosaurs.


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,254 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya sticks her tongue out at Magnus as she saunters past to the ship.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

At hearing familiar voices, Egan takes his floppy hat from his face, and rouses from his nap to join in the fun.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Izkrael stands and joins the others as they board the ship.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San walks with Citlali back to the docks. When they arrive, he notices the rest boarding the ship, and proceeds to follow.


Elf Magus 5
Vilya the Taker wrote:
Vilya sticks her tongue out at Magnus as she saunters past to the ship.

Magnus grins cheerfully in reply, raising an inviting eyebrow.


Bribes always welcome

The group is escorted aboard the Sengenise vessel. Capt. Quo barks at the crew as they toss off ropes and prepare the ship for sail. The crew is predominately Senginese, but there is a smattering of Hadorzee in the rigging as well as a few Zapatec natives.

Capt. Quo introduces them to a mate named Shao, a skinny man with several prominent scars.

"Shao will show you your rooms." Quo says before striding off, barking orders in Salt and Sengenise

The group is given quarters in two cabins with several hammocks attached to the walls.

"We eat soon, if you hungry." Shao grunts


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya slinks off with her bulging pack to find somewhere to change out of her city clothes.


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

Felicia unpacks her few belongings doing her best to settle in.


Elf Magus 5

Magnus tosses his pack on his cot, then goes back above to watch the crew work and enjoy the fresh air. He somehow always manages to be facing into the breeze, his half-cloak and long hat plume blowing behind him dramatically.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan checks to make sure his canoe is firmly tied to the stern of the boat as it departs. He will make sure to "camp" nearby to keep an eye on things.


Bribes always welcome

The hot equatorial day feels much cooler as the ship sets out. A few of the crew speak Salt, and inquiries find that the ship they sail on is called The Laugh of Merchant Perevel Chan or Laugh for short. She originated in the Sengenese Empire, but has been an Opalline-based ship for many years now.

There is little for the group to do, and the ship gets into a rhythm for the week it takes to sail to their destination

1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 1

On the third day out of Opal, the Mazatil coast is a dark smear on their starboard side. Those on deck hear a cry from the crow's nest

"Ship ahoy!"


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

*

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali spends as much time above decks as possible, enjoying the opportunity to have an unobstructed view of the night sky. She once a gain comes above,enjoying the breeze as the cry is sounded.


Elf Magus 5

Magnus spends most of his time on deck, enjoying the air and learning how a ship works. He shows off his natural dexterity and fearlessness of heights to good advantage, and soon he is to be found in the rigging as often as on the deck.

And yet despite his acrobatics, and the stiff breezes, that floppy hat just never seems to dislodge.

When the cry is sounded, he scampers up the mast like a monkey to join the man on watch in the nest.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Izkrael immediately begins trying to make out the sails and flags of the spotted vessel.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Bribes always welcome

Izkrael spots the ship, but can't make put much detail other than its sails are down .

how's about a climb roll Magnus?


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

After having been nearly invisible for the past several days, Vilya emerges on deck, her hair tied back with a red bandanna and her skirt traded for a pair of loose black silk trousers. As the ships come into view, she scrambles up the rigging to get a better look.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Bribes always welcome

Vilya maanges not to make too much of a botch of things climbing, but is harrangued by several of the nearby sailors

"Hey! Dustfoot! Off the shrouds!"

"Get down you bloody bint!"

Surprised by this, she doesn't get a good look at the ship


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

With sight of a ship, San decides to make himself move from his hammock. Coming on deck, the brightness of the day is like a knife to his brain, especially after the rotgut he drank last night with some of the sailors. Still, he tries to make out the ship as best he can.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 perception


Bribes always welcome

San:

Spoiler:
Although the sun stabs his swollen eyes painfully, his innate perception and discipline allow him to see details the others might have missed. The ship looks derelict. No one walks the deck. The sails are down, but they aren't reefed properly. They lie in a tangle at the foot of their masts. San makes out several bobbing shapes in the water, likely debris from the ship.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan hearing the ruckus brings his shape eyes to the rail, and sends Whisperwing to get a closer look.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 perception

Whisperwing

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 perception


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Wouldn't worry about sending the bird, Coyle." San announces loudly, "It's a wreck. Derelict. No people, tangled sails at the foot of the mast, and lots of what looks like garbage or flotsam around it."


"Is this a known wreak?" Kessel asks, suddenly appearing on deck, "Because we are looking for a ship you'll all remember. We should get close enough to identify this derelict at the very least."


Bribes always welcome
Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan hearing the ruckus brings his shape eyes to the rail, and sends Whisperwing to get a closer look.

1d20+16 perception

Whisperwing

1d20+7 perception

Go ahead and read San's spoiler

The crew busies themselves, reacting violently with shouts and curses to anyone trying to climb the rigging for a better view. The sails are trimmed, and the boat begins to coast closer.

Will update more soon


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Vilya manages not to make too much of a botch of things climbing, but is harangued by several of the nearby sailors

"Hey! Dustfoot! Off the shrouds!"

"Get down you bloody bint!"

Surprised by this, she doesn't get a good look at the ship

Vilya's eyes flash black as she hisses at the sailors, the edges of her silhouette blurring slightly.

"Bugger off, or I'll cut you into shark bait."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Elf Magus 5

Sorry for my absence, Spent Mothers day loading in and yesterday all day rigging two fly systems (We're doing Aladdin Jr) I'll be busy this week, but I'll try to keep up.

climb 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Magnus scampers up the mast, but is distracted by the shouting at Vilya.


Bribes always welcome
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

Sorry for my absence, Spent Mothers day loading in and yesterday all day rigging two fly systems (We're doing Aladdin Jr) I'll be busy this week, but I'll try to keep up.

climb 1d20+1

Magnus scampers up the mast, but is distracted by the shouting at Vilya.

. Magnus is distracted by shouting closer to home

"get off the shrouds you daft dust foot!"


Bribes always welcome
Vilya the Taker wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Vilya manages not to make too much of a botch of things climbing, but is harangued by several of the nearby sailors

"Hey! Dustfoot! Off the shrouds!"

"Get down you bloody bint!"

Surprised by this, she doesn't get a good look at the ship

Vilya's eyes flash black as she hisses at the sailors, the edges of her silhouette blurring slightly.

"Bugger off, or I'll cut you into shark bait."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3

the sailors near Vilya back off, muttering curses and throwing devil horns in her direction


Elf Magus 5

MAgnus tosses a grin towards the voice.

"Alright Admiral, don't get your knickers in a twist! I'm goin'!" He calls cheerfully. Then he grabs a rope and slides down it to the deck,...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

.


Bribes always welcome

Ah Gods, my life is a michegas of problems these days. I'm so sorry this game is so glacial. I really wanted to get some cool stuff going, but I have had so little free time. I am going to work on this tonight, pinky swear!


Elf Magus 5

Ah good, I thought it was just me! ;P RL snuck up and bushwacked me, again.


You know I got the fili prestige class coming out in the next Wayfinder fanzine. I suppose with all these delays are in my favor as I wouldn't feel guilty about retooling Kessel for the new prestige class as he hasn't exactly seen action yet :)


Bribes always welcome

Again, apologies. My garden has been sucking a lot of whatever excess time I have. That and the summer increase in business.

The Laugh coasts closer to the derelict vessel. It is hard to see in the setting sun, but those looking can make out the name of her: The Green Lady.

"Cast the drouge and reef the sails!" They hear the large mate Shao bellow out. An anchor is dropped, and the sails are taken in.

Any actions?


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

Felicia heads over to get a better look at the vessal


Bribes always welcome

Gimmie a Perception check please


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

Perception

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San keeps his eyes on the derelict, but readies his bow. He expends a charge from his wand of mage armor, also.

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Elf Magus 5

Magnus joins the others at the rail. He seems mildly curious. But he loosens his weapon in it's scabbard.

Per check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Apparently he is being distracted by his prolonged looks at both Vilya and Felicia,...


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 With Whisperwing still up top.


Kessel squints a bit, looking over the ship: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:
Apparently he is being distracted by his prolonged looks at both Vilya and Felicia,...

Vilya squints menacingly at Magnus.

"Shake your head, pretty boy. Your eyes are stuck."

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Seeing Vilya's comment Citlali chickles, scanning the ship herself.

Perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Elf Magus 5
Vilya the Taker wrote:


Vilya squints menacingly at Magnus.

"Shake your head, pretty boy. Your eyes are stuck."

"Indeed, Apologies. Occupational hazard." Magnus replies with a polite smile. He manages to turn his head and attention back towards the other ship. (But not without a fleeting last sideways glance.)


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Elf Magus 5

"I'm sorry, what were doing again,...?" MAgnus asks cheerfully, peeling his eyes from the ladies,...

AND re-dot! :)


Bribes always welcome

The Green Lady looks deserted. Kessel can see streamers of moss hanging off the masts, but nothing really out of place.

Capt. Quo begins to arrange a boarding party of his men, led my his mate Shao. They head out to a small boat on the side and begin to lower it

Anyone have Knowledge(local)?


Elf Magus 5

No K:Local, sadly. ;( however Magnus is not above eavesdropping in on the sailors! :) (Just a thought) ;)

Semi-seriously, how about a combo stealth/bluff(acting casual) roll for eavesdropping? Just realized that is a legitimate means of gathering info! :)


Kessel, being a bard, has all the knowledges. Just not many points in them.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Of course he hasn't been in town all that long


Bribes always welcome
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

No K:Local, sadly. ;( however Magnus is not above eavesdropping in on the sailors! :) (Just a thought) ;)

Semi-seriously, how about a combo stealth/bluff(acting casual) roll for eavesdropping? Just realized that is a legitimate means of gathering info! :)

Roll it, I'll take it.

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,254 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales from the City of Opal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.