Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tales from the City of Opal

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is my homebrew world Arcaia. This particular setting is the free city of Opal, a lush equatorial city set on the edge of an immense jungle rife with undead , ancient civilizations, and dinosaurs.


2,101 to 2,150 of 3,185 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 Perception


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Glad the subject is being changed, Egan answers San. "I'm not sure what's gotten into Whisperwing". "Believe me I didn't teach him that trick". "Maybe it's time for a foray into the jungle, to let him spend some time in the wild again". "I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to get out of Opal for a bit as well". "There's always new blood coming in to take the place of those who choose to leave anyway". "Like that one there, straight from the deep jungle, or perhaps that guy over there musing about with the Lute on his back", Egan replies with a nod of his head. "He then tries to get the waitresses attention for a drink of non-alcoholic fruit juice. Whew! That was close.

"Hi there little lady". "Sit down and let me buy you a drink". "Least I can do after blocking you from coming in from the heat". Egan gestures at one of the empty chairs at the table.


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"Oh uh thanks." Felicia responds whilst climbing onto the chair her legs dangling from it "I'll have whatever he is having." she says to the barmaid before turning to the tall guy "I'm Felicia."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San raises an eyebrow at Egan's invitation to the halfling. "Maybe you should get outta Opal for a while. First time I met you over a year ago, when we noticed strangers taking an interest in us, we ended up carving up half of their faces. Or, at least I did. Anyways, now you're buying 'em drinks. If I didn't know any better, looks to me like you're trying to get the band back together."

San is distracted then though, as his eyes go to the woman from the jungle who walked in. "Wow ... Speaking back to Iz and Egan, he says, "If you'll excuse me, gents, but I see one person I'd like to add to our merry band, if that's in fact what this is." He finishes his mug, wipes his mouth on his sleeve, and says, "Be right back."

San gets up from his chair, and approaches the exotic jungle-dwelling female. Realizing she isn't a local, he decides to try Greenspeak with her; even if she knows Common, he figures speaking a language she may be more familiar with will gain him a few points.

Greenspeak

Spoiler:
"Hi there. If you don't mind my intrusion, you look a little lost. Or at least not sure of what you're looking for. You obviously aren't a local, so I figured I'd come over and offer some help to you. Name's Sanvoros Draben, but most of my friends call me San. At least when they're not calling me a jackass instead."
At the last comment, he chuckles a bit, to show he was making a joke.

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali watches the man walking towards her, slightly amused by the expression most male city dwellers wore when taking her in.

In this weather why would these city women wear such an excess of clothing if it did not serve as some sort of ritual?

She restrained herself from shaking her head at the oddity of these people.

As the man spoke she studied him watching his mouth, his eyes, the easy expression of one with confidence. Unlike most of those here he smelled of the jungle, and the dirt on his clothing was definitely familiar.

He was speaking to her in Greenspeak, a bit of a surprise, and a pleasant one at that, his chuckle, while pleasant seemed as if it were very rare, the lines of his face more used to a frown than a smile.

She smiled back, unsure of how greetings were usually conducted here.

"I am Citlali, and yes I am new to this...city, drawn here. I see you Stavros Drabden."


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

"Well met Felicia, and may Quetzlcoatl bless your days here. I am Izkrael, of the Order of the Feathered Serpent. Our distracted companion who just left our table is Sanvaros, also of the Order of the Feathered Serpent. Egan here is an old friend of ours, and we all just chanced upon a reunion here today. We are more than pleased to have you join us at our table. What brings you here today?" as he finishes speaking to the small woman, he looks to Egan and shrugs.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4
Citlali One Skull wrote:

Citlali watches the man walking towards her, slightly amused by the expression most male city dwellers wore when taking her in.

In this weather why would these city women wear such an excess of clothing if it did not serve as some sort of ritual?

She restrained herself from shaking her head at the oddity of these people.

As the man spoke she studied him watching his mouth, his eyes, the easy expression of one with confidence. Unlike most of those here he smelled of the jungle, and the dirt on his clothing was definitely familiar.

He was speaking to her in Greenspeak, a bit of a surprise, and a pleasant one at that, his chuckle, while pleasant seemed as if it were very rare, the lines of his face more used to a frown than a smile.

She smiled back, unsure of how greetings were usually conducted here.

"I am Citlali, and yes I am new to this...city, drawn here. I see you Stavros Drabden."

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

I'm gonna guess that's probably perceptive enough for San to put two and two together, based on Citlali'a mispronunciation and lack of reaction to noises ...

San studies the woman for a moment, a light clicking in his brain despite the alcohol in his system. He slows down his speach just a bit, enough to let Citlali read his lips better.

He chuckles yet again.
Greenspeak

Spoiler:
"Amazing. Seems like a lot of folks have been drawn here today, both old and new. A pleasure to meet you, Citlali. Please call me 'San'." He draws that out a little, to ensure she can read it. "Why don't you come over and join me and my fr ... colleagues? Larger groups are always able to find work more easily here. I'll buy you something to drink, too. Water, milk, rum, whatever you want. Besides, there's a lot of unsavory folk in this place, and they can give ... er, someone such as yourself a hard time when they're by themselves. Drawn like flies, so to speak."


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Amidst the clamor of the Explorer's Guild tavern, the small, gaudily-clad woman attracts slight notice as she slips through the saloon doors. Her movements are smooth and lithe, though offset by a slight limp.

The woman approaches the bar, sitting cross-legged on one of the stools. As she orders a drink, she flashes a smile at the patrons to either side of her, tossing her thick black hair over one shoulder. The bartender pours a shot of rum, and as the small woman reaches towards the glass, the man to her right notices that her fingers bear an extra joint and taper to blackened, clawlike points. The man gives an involuntary shudder.

The woman lunges toward the man, her eyes clouding with a glossy black film as she lets go a feral snarl. As the man flees in horror, she giggles insanely, a six-inch black tongue lolling from her mouth. She raises her glass high in a mock toast, and for some strange reason, the nearby bar patrons can't help but toast along with her.

"That's right, run! No one insults Vilya the Taker!"

She downs the shot with an artful flourish and signals for another one.

Things haven't been the same since the Xoltec job went t#@!-up, she thought to herself. I was promised riches and adventure, and what's more, a chance to muscle out the competition. And what did I get? I got pushed to the side, a glorified bush ranger with a set of lockpicks. When those idiots finally decided we should bail, all I had left was a shiny knife, a broken wrist, and a badly infected leg wound. Amateurs. I'd like nothing more than to show them all what I'm REALLY capable of…


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5
Izkrael wrote:

"Well met Felicia, and may Quetzlcoatl bless your days here. I am Izkrael, of the Order of the Feathered Serpent. Our distracted companion who just left our table is Sanvaros, also of the Order of the Feathered Serpent. Egan here is an old friend of ours, and we all just chanced upon a reunion here today. We are more than pleased to have you join us at our table. What brings you here today?" as he finishes speaking to the small woman, he looks to Egan and shrugs.

"Oh you know looking for work. was hoping to get one of the jobs on the poles outside but....I was a bit to small to see any of them." She looks a tad annoyed/embarrassed at the last part. "So I came in here to see if any groups in here were looking for or giving work" At this point she notices the commotion at the bar "Although I have to say there are a lot of really odd people here today."

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali smiles, noting the change in San's speech.

Greenspeak:
"I would like to join you and your colleagues, and thank you. Rum will do fine."

This one is perceptive.

She makes her way over to the table following his lead.


Bribes always welcome

The daylight brightens as the equatorial sun rises above the giant cycads and palm trees. The morning fog burns off and the street outside begins to fill with the press of lumpers, horses, oxen and leapers carrying goods to and fro.

The room is hopping, and several folks are wandering about the tables, looking to hire folks. A skinny man dressed in a merchant's outfit wanders by their table. He pauses, taking in the group.

"Excuse me," He says in a hushed voice. "I am looking for some explorers to help me with a project. Are you folks looking for employment?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San leads Citlali back to the group and introduces her, ensuring he remains at least partially visible so she can see what he's saying, and orders another two drinks, noticing that Felicia and Iz have theirs still (both this time and last round, San will pay the waitress a full silver). As he's finishing his introductions, he notices a disturbance on the other side of the bar, and he does a double take.

"By the gods, if that isn't Vilya. Either of you know she was coming too?" He stares at Iz and Egan in an almost accusing manner. "So who else do we get to join up? Always room for more meat for the jungle-grinder, eh?"

Dungeon Monkey wrote:

The room is hopping, and several folks are wandering about the tables, looking to hire folks. A skinny man dressed in a merchant's outfit wanders by their table. He pauses, taking in the group.

"Excuse me," He says in a hushed voice. "I am looking for some explorers to help me with a project. Are you folks looking for employment?"

"Well, that's usually why people come here, isn't it? I'll be honest, we haven't had any other offers yet, at least I haven't.


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"Certainly are." Felicia pipes in


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

At the mention of Vilya's name, Egan starts and turns around catching a glimpse of his competition. "Obviously had I know she was going to be here I would have waited for another day". "For some reason, I believe I'm going to need that drink afterall". At that Whisperwing begins an awful cawing and screeching.

"I suppose some work would be good". "Need to get out of Opal for a while anyway".


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Hearing the screech of a hawk from across the crowded tavern, Vilya instinctively snaps her head towards the source of the sound. Her mouth twists into a wicked grin as she recognizes several of the faces clustered around the area from which the sound came. She saunters over, placing her long-fingered hands on the table and leaning in towards Egan.

"Seems like you're getting the band back together. Wouldn't want to miss out now, would I."

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali looks around the table as more people appear.

She could tell from their manner that these people knew each other, or at least most of them did.

There was...tension as well, a past that was not all good battle stories.

She felt a pull, a tug on her as if the stars had seen fit to bind her to these people, the seeking sensation of the past few months fading and with it a sense of.....rightness.

This is where she was being led

"I would hear your words." she says in the common toungue of the cities, her accent strong yet pleasing to the ear.

The irony of her statement was not lost on her.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Citlali One Skull wrote:

"I would hear your words." she says in the common toungue of the cities, her accent strong yet pleasing to the ear.

The irony of her statement was not lost on her.

Vilya narrows her eyes.

"So which ones do you want to hear?"

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali tilts her head looking directly at the strange agressive woman, there was something.....unnatural about her.

"You..mistake my meaning,my words were meant for this man,"she says indcating the man who had propositioned the group.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4
Citlali One Skull wrote:

Citlali tilts her head looking directly at the strange agressive woman, there was something.....unnatural about her.

"You..mistake my meaning,my words were meant for this man,"she says indcating the man who had propositioned the group.

San touches Citalali's arm, so that she turns to look at his face. "You'll have to pardon Vilya. She's ... well, she's ... hmmm. I guess the best way to say it is that she could make a bulette seem charming. I'd say to ignore her, except that's not really possible. Still, she's good to have in a fight. Just don't turn your back and watch your money purse at all times."

"So, Egan, while we hear out this gentleman here, who else we gonna get in the group? What about your lute-player there?"


Elf Magus 5

A newcomer enters the city. This is not uncommon. But he has the stride of one who knows his way around. He is obviously not a stranger to this city.

The stranger is tall, for an elf. Although it is difficult to tell with the flowing half-cape and wide-brimmed hat perched upon his head. And the ridiculously long feather sticking out of the hat does not help matters any. His swagger and dress mark him as a possible noble, and ripe for plucking. But the easy way he wears his rapier, and the well-worn sheath it rides in, speak of his skill in it's use. A closer look and a glimpse is caught of an amulet peeking out from under his silk shirt. It bears the mark of a dueling school.
So, Despite his downright foppish attire, the usual cutpurses and other assorted would be trouble makers let the dandy pass without trouble. For now.

He stops at an intersection, the first glimpse of confusion appearing as he takes in the changes and gets his bearings. He sweeps off his wide brimmed hat, revealing an handsome elvish face. He looks pleasant and cheerful enough. (If obviously somewhat impressed with himself) He carelessly wipes the sweat from his gleaming brow with a bit of silk produced from one of his sleeves. He sweeps the hat back upon his head, and gives a passing dwarf woman a broad wink. He takes a deep breath, and exhales mightily.

"Ah it's GOOD to be back! I have MIssed this city!" He declares to no one in particular.

Then the dandy sniffs, and wrinkles his nose in distaste. Pursing his lips, he whistles tunelessly and looks to the sky as he wipes off the bottom of his boot on the ground.

He spots the familiar posts, their attached notices fluttering from their tacks. And the more familiar form of the doorway just past them. A smile of genuine delight lights his face, and he heads for the door with a bounce in his step,...

ALmost done, I swear! Need to finish shopping, and give description/background


The adventure's guild does indeed look like a tavern from within, much to Kessel's disappointment, he quickly scans the room for a stage or a hearth, if there were bards or their like in Opal that is where they would gather.

Not seeing an entry for my character yet, so Kessel will have to mill about in the background for the time being. I should note that Kessel is very finely dressed as well.


Bribes always welcome
Kessel Cobey wrote:

The adventure's guild does indeed look like a tavern from within, much to Kessel's disappointment, he quickly scans the room for a stage or a hearth, if there were bards or their like in Opal that is where they would gather.

Not seeing an entry for my character yet, so Kessel will have to mill about in the background for the time being. I should note that Kessel is very finely dressed as well.

It is an awkward fit getting together. Sorry about that >.<

To San:

The man wipes his brow and takes a seat.

"My name is Armando Vellorio. I am a merchant dealing in foodstuffs around the various plantations of Turquoise Bay. I have but one ship, the carrack Jade Sunset. Recently, I had sent her to the south end of Turquoise Bay to the small town of Shoalsbreak to pick up several loads of tobacco and sugar I had contracted from the local planters. She never made it there. There have been no bad storms of late, and I have not gotten any offer of ransom on her. Her loss is ruinous to my business, and I need a party of stout souls to travel to Shoalsbreak to see if they can find out anything about her disappearance."

Armando waves at the waitress and orders two fingers of Pykish single malt neat. He also offers to pay for a round.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

To San:

The man wipes his brow and takes a seat.

"My name is Armando Vellorio. I am a merchant dealing in foodstuffs around the various plantations of Turquoise Bay. I have but one ship, the carrack Jade Sunset. Recently, I had sent her to the south end of Turquoise Bay to the small town of Shoalsbreak to pick up several loads of tobacco and sugar I had contracted from the local planters. She never made it there. There have been no bad storms of late, and I have not gotten any offer of ransom on her. Her loss is ruinous to my business, and I need a party of stout souls to travel to Shoalsbreak to see if they can find out anything about her disappearance."

Armando waves at the waitress and orders two fingers of Pykish single malt neat. He also offers to pay for a round.

With the stranger buying a round, San gets a little better rum than the previous rounds (and has the waitress bring the same for Citlali).

"My name's Sanvoros, but most call me San. These other folks are Izkrael, Egan, Citlali, Vilya, and ... sorry, don't really know the halfling yet. I also get the feeling we'll have a few more 'fore long.

"So, a simple bit of detective work is what you're looking for, eh? Sounds like a nice change of pace, to me. I gotta ask, though, if there isn't evidence that something bad happened, wouldn't you do a little investigation yourself first before putting out another expensive outlay of funds? Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to turn down gainful employment, just curious is all."

San thinks for a second. "What else can you tell us? Who was on the crew? Anyone you didn't trust, might want to hijack the ship instead of heading on to Shoalsbreak? Just tobacco and sugar, no other ... goods, being picked up? What were you bringing TO Shoalsbreak? I know you merchants don't usually like to let a ship set sail empty."

He also tries to recall what he knows of Shoalsbreak. Any dangerous waters, heavy pirate activity, etc.

knowledge geographhy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Oh, yeah. And the most important question: what are you offering us?"


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya orders a shot of the same cheap, s%#$ty rum as before, tosses it back, and slams the empty glass onto the table.

"I second that question. What's in it for me? I mean, us. What's in it for us?"

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali sips at the rum greatfully as she sits back in her chair gaining a better view of the table, watching the dynamics of the group, her eyes focusing on each speaker.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan stares into his juice concoction, avoiding the offered premium beverage, now that he had gotten past the first crisis. Would they really trust adventuring with me again after...last time. Surely they were either too far into the cups to judge wisely, or they were truly forgiving.

Egan turns a questioning gaze upon the newcomers, viewing each of them in turn, trying to determine their sincerity.

DM

Spoiler:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Citlali
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Kessel
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Magnus
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Felicia


Bribes always welcome
Sanvoros Draben wrote:
"So, a simple bit of detective work is what you're looking for, eh? Sounds like a nice change of pace, to me. I gotta ask, though, if there isn't evidence that something bad happened, wouldn't you do a little investigation yourself first before putting out another expensive outlay of funds? Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to turn down gainful employment, just curious is all."

Armando sips his whiskey and looks at San

"No, I enjoy the fact that you ask questions. That's what I need from anyone signing on. As for investigating myself, I have written to my factors in Shaolsbreak, and they assure me that no one there saw the Jade Sunset at the docks. I cannot travel there myself, I have to run my business, and it demands constant attention. I need you to act as my eyes and ears."

Sanvoros Draben wrote:
San thinks for a second. "What else can you tell us? Who was on the crew? Anyone you didn't trust, might want to hijack the ship instead of heading on to Shoalsbreak? Just tobacco and sugar, no other ... goods, being picked up? What were you bringing TO Shoalsbreak? I know you merchants don't usually like to let a ship set sail empty."

Armando smiles

"Quite right. I sent the ship laden with the typical goods needed at a frontier plantation. Agricultural tools, weapons, cloth, various high-end wares like fine porcelain from Seng. Tobacco and sugar are what are mostly grown near Shoalsbreak, but occasionally I pick up fruits and grain, assuming I can get an artificer to accompany the perishable goods. I had none this trip. "

Armando pauses

"None of my crew are suspect in my eyes. I could be wrong, but the officers are all friends of mine. I have worked with them for years. Now piracy is always a concern, as you must well know, but Turquoise Bay isn't the nest that the Eastern Isles are. Warships from Hecate's Skull regularly patrol the waters, and I can't see a privateer out of Argentum taking that big a risk for my small craft. However .."

Armando leans close

"Have you ever heard of House Akkavin?"

DC 15 Knowledge(local):

Spoiler:
House Akkavin is an opalline noble house that specializes in mercantile persuits via the ocean. Thay are also infamous for being the heriditary priests of Dajobas, the Shark God. Dajobas has an open temple in the Driftwood District, and many sailors and sea captains leave offerings as an insurance against mishap on the sea. Rumors swirl about the scions of House Akaavin, including that they have dealings with sahaugin and that they are weresharks.

Sanvoros Draben wrote:

He also tries to recall what he knows of Shoalsbreak. Any dangerous waters, heavy pirate activity, etc.

...

San can't really recall much about Shoalsbreak. A small town at the mouth of a jungle river that feeds into Turquoise Bay. There are a dozen like it scraping a living on the fringes of the coast, catering to both the trading ships and the plantations.


Bribes always welcome
Vilya the Taker wrote:

Vilya orders a shot of the same cheap, s+~@ty rum as before, tosses it back, and slams the empty glass onto the table.

"I second that question. What's in it for me? I mean, us. What's in it for us?"

Armando pauses, looks askance at Vilya and continues

"Uhm, I would reward you on a sliding scale. If you can find news of my ship's whereabouts or fate, that is worth five hundred roses*"

*

Spoiler:
A Rose is the Opalline gold coin

Armando sips his whiskey

"If you can retreive my ship in sailable condition, that is a differnet story. I would give you 5,000 roses. If you can recover my ship and its cargo, I will sweeten the deal by awarding you 10% of the cargo's sale price as well as the 5,000 roses. A cargo like that sent to Dragora can fetch 100,000 roses easily."


Bribes always welcome
Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan stares into his juice concoction, avoiding the offered premium beverage, now that he had gotten past the first crisis. Would they really trust adventuring with me again after...last time. Surely they were either too far into the cups to judge wisely, or they were truly forgiving.

Egan turns a questioning gaze upon the newcomers, viewing each of them in turn, trying to determine their sincerity.

DM
** spoiler omitted **

Egan:

Spoiler:
They seem to be sincere. Hard for me to guess, since they are PCs, LOL

Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan stares into his juice concoction, avoiding the offered premium beverage, now that he had gotten past the first crisis. Would they really trust adventuring with me again after...last time. Surely they were either too far into the cups to judge wisely, or they were truly forgiving.

Egan turns a questioning gaze upon the newcomers, viewing each of them in turn, trying to determine their sincerity.

DM
** spoiler omitted **

With that roll you're unlikely to glean anything about Kessel, he could be a bard or a minstrel with that lute on his back, but if he's a bard he seems to have a rather poor instrument, and if he's a minstrel he's an extremely well dressed minstrel. Perhaps he's an eccentric foreign noble? He's a bit of a mystery. He does have dark piercing eyes though.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5
Kessel Cobey wrote:
Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan stares into his juice concoction, avoiding the offered premium beverage, now that he had gotten past the first crisis. Would they really trust adventuring with me again after...last time. Surely they were either too far into the cups to judge wisely, or they were truly forgiving.

Egan turns a questioning gaze upon the newcomers, viewing each of them in turn, trying to determine their sincerity.

DM
** spoiler omitted **

With that roll you're unlikely to glean anything about Kessel, he could be a bard or a minstrel with that lute on his back, but if he's a bard he seems to have a rather poor instrument, and if he's a minstrel he's an extremely well dressed minstrel. Perhaps he's an eccentric foreign noble? He's a bit of a mystery. He does have dark piercing eyes though.

And if it's under a spoiler tag addressed to the GM, how would you know what I'd rolled. :-)


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Armando leans close

"Have you ever heard of House Akkavin?"

DC 15 Knowledge(local)

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Dungeon Monkey wrote:
"Uhm, I would reward you on a sliding scale. If you can find news of my ship's whereabouts or fate, that is worth five hundred roses. If you can retrieve my ship in sailable condition, that is a different story. I would give you 5,000 roses. If you can recover my ship and its cargo, I will sweeten the deal by awarding you 10% of the cargo's sale price as well as the 5,000 roses. A cargo like that sent to Dragora can fetch 100,000 roses easily."

"Oooh, shiny. I like those odds."

Vilya turns towards Egan, smiling sweetly.

"If you die, can I have your cut?"


Egan Coyle wrote:
Kessel Cobey wrote:
Egan Coyle wrote:


DM
** spoiler omitted **
With that roll you're unlikely to glean anything about Kessel, he could be a bard or a minstrel with that lute on his back, but if he's a bard he seems to have a rather poor instrument, and if he's a minstrel he's an extremely well dressed minstrel. Perhaps he's an eccentric foreign noble? He's a bit of a mystery. He does have dark piercing eyes though.
And if it's under a spoiler tag addressed to the GM, how would you know what I'd rolled. :-)

Two reasons: 1) nothing better to do in this thread yet, and 2) A shocking lack of respect for spoilers tag! They might as well be called the "read this" tag. I usually read the last chapter first when I read a book. Sorry if it offends you, we can pretend that I don't do it by having me never reference something hidden in spoilers again, but I will totally still do it. I can't help myself. I always separate character knowledge from player knowledge though and I don't believe in meta gaming.

Kessel scans the crowd, perhaps this might be a source of employment as well as information and inspiration?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Armando leans close

"Have you ever heard of House Akkavin?"

DC 15 Knowledge(local):

Spoiler:

"Sorry, no. I spend a lot of time in the jungle, and when I'm not there, I tend to be here. What about 'em?"


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Sanvoros Draben wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Armando leans close

"Have you ever heard of House Akkavin?"

DC 15 Knowledge(local):

Spoiler:

"Sorry, no. I spend a lot of time in the jungle, and when I'm not there, I tend to be here. What about 'em?"

"I think I know them... They're that crowd of spoiled-rotten nobles that all pray to the Shark. Bunch of nasty customers if you ask me. Rich, though..."


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

"Does this job involve ripping these people off? If so, I'm in twice."


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"Well an Adventure is an Adventure I'm in."

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Citlali notes the other two women at the table are the first to agree to the man's offer. She looks to San and the rest of his companions, trusting thier experience in these matters and knowing that the pull of destiny she can feel has already made her decision.


Elf Magus 5

Nice. Well, That sounds like my cue! Time to make my entrance! (Sorry, I gotta be me!) ;P

The door swings open briefly, the bright light from outdoors backlighting the figure striding, no, strutting in. The figure is tall, but dressed so, eccentrically, that's all one can make out at first.

Your first thought is some madcap mage mated a peacock to an armory.

The figure is tall, and thin enough to be effeminate, but his strut is definitely masculine. The fellows features are currently hidden behind his hat. Which has a brim so wide that it threatens to slap the people he walks by, even though one side is pinned up with an ridiculously long purple feather.

He wears an wide collared lavender shirt, casually unlaced at the neck, and expensive soft-brushed leather pants tucked into knee-high boots with detailed stitching. Beneath his shirt can be seen a glint of silvery metal at the collar, but no other sign of armor. Of weapons is another story. He fairly bristles with visible dagger handles at his waist and boot tops. An exquisite rapier hangs casually on one hip, and a longsword and longbow ride on his back with a small quiver. Casually tossed over the assorted weapons is a bright blue cape.

He sashays to the bar, and doffs his hat. He pulls back his long, golden hair to reveal his elvish pointed ears, and the small gold loop in his left ear, to all who care to look. He smiles c@ckily at the nearest patron who meets his eyes, then turns back to the bar.

"Good barkeep! Would you be so kind as to alleviate my thirst with a glass of your best?" A gold Rose appears as if by magic on the counter top.

He turns and leans his back against the counter as he surveys the room once more. He observes and dismisses the usual barflies, splitskirts, shifty-eyed salesmen and hopeful explorers. He's looking for something special. Something to make his return so,... Ah. Ah-Hah! There's what he's looking for, or he'll eat his rapier.

The table his eyes rest on is so full that some of the patrons are still standing. All but the person talking have the look of adventurers. With some true experience under their belts. The little man talking must be making the pitch. He accepts the glass the bartender proffers and slams it back. He orders the largest mug of decent beer they have, and proceeds to pay worship to his favorite god, Cayden.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

"I'm in as well, good sir."


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

"Shiny."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

Trying to think of a way to get Magnus and Kessel in the group; what if they both 'know' Vilya? As in, she ripped them off at some time in the past?

Sczarni

Female Human Oracle of the Heavens 5

Silent during the discussion, Citlali suddenly stiffens, eyes taking on a distant look as her head turned towrds the door. Her eyes locked on a clean cut young man standing just inside, taking in the surrounding.

"I have dreamt this moment. That man..." she points to the young foreigner at the door, "...he must be a part of this. Young but with an anciant soul. He and one other will lead to success.One long gone and now returned."


Female Halfling Swashbuckler 5

"Uh okay sure." Felicia responds to Citali's outburst before leaning in and whispering to the others "Probably a little touched in the head so best to just humour her for now."


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Felicia Leadium wrote:
"Uh okay sure." Felicia responds to Citali's outburst before leaning in and whispering to the others "Probably a little touched in the head so best to just humour her for now."

Vilya rolls her eyes.

"Or something like that..."


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan continues to sit silently, taking in each persons responses except Vilya's...he knew her motivations.


Bribes always welcome
Magnus Darkenstar wrote:

He sashays to the bar, and doffs his hat. He pulls back his long, golden hair to reveal his elvish pointed ears, and the small gold loop in his left ear, to all who care to look. He smiles c@ckily at the nearest patron who meets his eyes, then turns back to the bar.

"Good barkeep! Would you be so kind as to alleviate my thirst with a glass of your best?" A gold Rose appears as if by magic on the counter top.

The barkeep, a comely wench with strawberry blonde hair smiles at the golden coin

"What kind of best would be your pleasure sir?"


Bribes always welcome
Kessel Cobey wrote:

Kessel scans the crowd, perhaps this might be a source of employment as well as information and inspiration?

Perception: 1d20+10
Sense motive: 1d20+9
Knowledge Local: 1d20+3

Kessel spies a group talking to an obvious merchant. One of the group, an exotically-pale woman dressed in rural Zapatec garb, is staring right at him as if she knew him. He feels the hairs on the back of his neck stir


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4
Citlali One Skull wrote:

Silent during the discussion, Citlali suddenly stiffens, eyes taking on a distant look as her head turned towrds the door. Her eyes locked on a clean cut young man standing just inside, taking in the surrounding.

"I have dreamt this moment. That man..." she points to the young foreigner at the door, "...he must be a part of this. Young but with an anciant soul. He and one other will lead to success.One long gone and now returned."

"Who? The music man? Hey, the more, the merrier, I guess. 'Course, that cuts everyone's share down ..."

San turns back to Armando. "So, what were you saying about this House Akkavin?"


Elf Magus 5
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


The barkeep, a comely wench with strawberry blonde hair smiles at the golden coin

"What kind of best would be your pleasure sir?"

Magnus grins and leans over the bar to get closer to the lovely.

"Well my dear, I prefer blondes. With a hint of strawberry. But, As it appears that you are currently busy, and therefore unavailable, I shall have a drink. And perhaps later you shall allow me to buy YOU one?" He waggles his perfectly trimmed eyebrows.

"Until then, I shall have to settle for a glass of wine. Elvish preferably. None of that swill the dwarves call wine. Although they make a mean cider. And a passable stout." He admits with a smirk.

He accepts what she brings with a wink, takes a sip, and turns back to again observe the eclectic collection of humanoids gathered at the one table.

So tired. I'll have him introduce himself tomorrow. :)

2,101 to 2,150 of 3,185 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales from the City of Opal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.