Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tales from the City of Opal

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is my homebrew world Arcaia. This particular setting is the free city of Opal, a lush equatorial city set on the edge of an immense jungle rife with undead , ancient civilizations, and dinosaurs.


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,106 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome

Initiatives rd 2:

Joleesa: 21 [pending]
Izkrael: 17 [Assisting Egan]
Egan: 16 [Sticky wicket]
Vilya: 16 [pending]
Sanvoros: 15 [decoy manuver]
Seven Eagle: 15 [Bardchant +1 atk/dam/charm/fear]
Tobias: 15 [Mag missile]
Ten: 14 [Run away! RUN AWAY!]
Albino Cave Spiders: 10 [Attacking]

San darts in front of Egan. Iz runs to Eagn's side, frantically ripping at the sticky webbing. They make headway against the strands, but Egan is still stuck. San's gesticulating attracts the pale arachnid's attention. It rears up, ready to strike at him. Ten's shreiks echo all along the chasm, doubling back in a funhouse fashion as the sound dopplers down the corridor. The group can hear the skitterscuttle of many other spiders above them.

Jo and Vilya to go!


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Joleesa rushes forward to stand next to Sanvoros and protect Egan while the others attempt to free him.

Attack Albino Cave Spider with Raptorstrike" 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Bribes always welcome

Hmm, Shiny must be busy, so I will advance the story ..

Jolessa stabs the pallid spider. She lops one of its legs off

Reflex:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The spider hisses, but remains on the bridge.

I'll figure out Vilya in a bit


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Hmm, Shiny must be busy, so I will advance the story ..

No more busy than usual. Just sick. I'm pretty much back now.

Vilya moves next to Joleesa, striking with her kukri.

+1 blurstrike kukri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12; damage (if applicable): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Bribes always welcome

Vilya's slice just misses the hissing spider. It rears and snaps at Jolessa

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 ⇒ 5

Crit confirm:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 2

The horrid dripping mandibles of the albino arachnid pierce Jo's skin. A painful burning sensation spreads from the bite. She feels a wave of dizziness overcome her.

Jo gimmie a Fort save DC 14 please ..


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Jo gimmie a Fort save DC 14 please ..

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Bribes always welcome
Joleesa Morvais wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Jo gimmie a Fort save DC 14 please ..
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5

Jo's dizziness fades and the burning becomes tolerable

As an aside, this image from the blog caught my eye. Although it is a kobold shaman, this is really what I'd imagine a Sliss'Pok to look like: >LINKY<


Bribes always welcome

Two more spiders angle towards the bridge, dropping down from the ceiling on pale ropes of spidersilk

OK, new round! Post dem actions!


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San will do his best to help Egan escape from the webbing as the two new arachnids climb down ...

strength check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

EDIT: guess he's just doomed to stay webbed up!


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Franticly Erizi tries to remove the sticky webbing.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Escape Artist

and only succeeds in entangling himself further.


Male Human Sorcerer 5

Tobias draws his wand and fires another bolt of magic at the approaching spiders.

Exactly what I said: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Joleesa shakes her head to clear it of the momentary wave of dizziness, then once more swings Raptorstrike at the wounded spider before her.

Attack Albino Cave Spider with Raptorstrike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten Foot continues to dance from foot to foot, scanning the area for any spiders that have pursued him this far. He is more than 60 feet from the group but can hear there shouts of battle.

Will: +4(class) +3(wis) = +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 He bits his bottom lip, drawing blood, takes a few hesitant steps in there direction before letting out a battle shout and charging back in there direction, battleaxe raised above his head. "Raarrrggghhhhh!!!!!"


Bribes always welcome

Initiatives rd 3:

Joleesa: 21 [miss]
Izkrael: 17 [Assisting Egan (?)]
Egan: 16 [Sticky wicket-still]
Vilya: 16 [pending]
Sanvoros: 15 [Assisting Egan]
Seven Eagle: 15 [Bardchant +1 atk/dam/charm/fear]
Tobias: 15 [Mag missile]
Ten: 14 [Run back! RUN BACK!]
Albino Cave Spiders: 10 [Attacking]

Tobias fires another bolt into the hissing spider. San frantically rips at the sticky strands holding Egan, but to no avail. Jolessa hacks at the foe, but her swing is mistimed and falls short. They hear the hollering and heavy thumping run of Ten as he masters his fear and returns. The two other spiders drop behind the first and steady themselves.

KK, need a few more actions, and I will hopefully get a new map up tonite


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Initiatives rd 3:

Joleesa: 21 [miss]
Seven Eagle: 15 [Bardchant +1 atk/dam/charm/fear]

Jolessa hacks at the foe, but her swing is mistimed and falls short.

Dammit, I keep forgetting the Inspire Courage... :/

Jo's attack would have hit with that +1 to hit and done an additional +1 Damage for both that and her last attacks.
Don't worry about retconning it, it was my stupidity. I'll just make sure I remember for next round. :(


Bribes always welcome
Joleesa Morvais wrote:

Dammit, I keep forgetting the Inspire Courage... :/

Jo's attack would have hit with that +1 to hit and done an additional +1 Damage for both that and her last attacks.
Don't worry about retconning it, it was my stupidity. I'll just make sure I remember for next round. :(

Hey you legitimately had the hit, I can retcon no worries. You guys could use a drop of luck right about now ..

Jolessa stabs deeply into the rearing eight-legged freak. Her slim blade pierces one of the spider's ebon eyes. It screeches and falls from the ledge, vanishing from sight. Its two siblings scuttle to the center area.

Still working on updating. Have a lot of chores I'm running thru ATM ..


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Izkrael continues trying to get Egan free from the spider's web.


Bribes always welcome

Initiatives rd 3:

Joleesa: 21 [miss]
Izkrael: 17 [Assisting Egan]
Egan: 16 [Sticky wicket-still]
Vilya: 16 [pending]
Sanvoros: 15 [Assisting Egan]
Seven Eagle: 15 [Bardchant +1 atk/dam/charm/fear]
Tobias: 15 [Mag missile]
Ten: 14 [Run back! RUN BACK!]
Albino Cave Spiders: 10 [Attacking]

OK just waiting on Vilya's roll.

The two spiders rear closer to Jo and Vilya, their pallid legs making a creepy clickclack noise. One perches on the edge of the chasm bridge, its sticky foot pads making it adhere fast.

Ten reappears, running and holding Cyndrig high over his massive head. He heads towards the bewebbed Egan and his attemping rescuers.

The fallen spider's sticky strands are worse than warm salt-water taffy to unlodge. Egan feels squeezed even tighter by the sticky mess.

Seven keeps singing rondos and sea chanties, keeping morale high. Far above the ceiling seems alive with scuttling sounds.


>Updated Map<


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Vilya strikes with her machete and kukri.

+1 blurstrike kukri: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
machete: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19; damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Flush from her successful attacks on the Spiders, Joleesa grins and weighs in with Raptorstrike once more. Her overconfidence is her undoing however as the slim blade narrowly misses the foe before her.

Attack Albino Cave Spider with Raptorstrike: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23 This roll is actually a 13... I hit reply after making some changes and it re-rolled after I had to retype some stuff... :/
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Dammit, this time I remebered the Chant and missed by freakin' 1! :/


Bribes always welcome

One spider is struck by Vilya's machete. Black ichor squirts from the wound and a keening wail issues from the beast. The two spiders both hurl sticky gobs of silk at the two women

Vilya:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Jo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The webs adhere them to the ground, tightening around them.

Jo, you missed, which I guess is a good thing because you wouldn't be able to attack anyway. Now you need a DC 14 str check or escape artist roll to free yourself. Vilya, you too. You can make your first attempt this round Jo, since your attack couldn't have happened...

ON TO ROUND 4! Post dem actions! Ten you are in range to strike with your mad charge. Just watch out for the folks working on Egan!


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

FAIL.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Well, this is going well," San exclaims. He reaches to Egan, and tries to once again free the ranger ...

Strength 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Dammit!"


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

I can only move 40 feet as a double move and the nearest spider is 50 feet away. Also Jo and Vilya are in the way, so I need reach.

Ten Foot continues his mad charge, looking slightly comical now as he continues to roar and charge along the length of the bridge. "Grrrraaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!"

Double move to N17.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

"Now we know why Ten hates these things so much!" Iz grunts as he continues to try and pull Egan from the webbing.

Strength 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Next Round?

Escape Artist (1d20+4=17)

And the sticky threads finally begin to fall away.


Bribes always welcome
Joleesa Morvais wrote:
Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4

Jo manages to eel her way out of the sticky strands. Vilya is not so lucky. Egan's sticky manacles finally fall away. Ten keeps running down the bridge, but slows a bit when he sees the traffic jam ahead.

Will sort this out tonight. Those who havent posted a new action for rd 4 post up!


Male Human Sorcerer 5

Tobias sends another bolt of energy from his wand to the spiders.

One more level and I can do something to them other than Magic Missile. 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3

Strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Bribes always welcome

Initiatives rd 4:

Joleesa: 21 [wiggled out]
Izkrael: 17 [Helping Egan]
Egan: 16 [FREE!]
Vilya: 16 [stuck-fail str]
Sanvoros: 15 [Assisting Egan]
Seven Eagle: 15 [Bardchant +1 atk/dam/charm/fear]
Tobias: 15 [Mag missile]
Ten: 14 [Run back! RUN BACK! N17]
Albino Cave Spiders: 10 [Attacking]

Vilya, you will free yourself next round. But as for now...

San, Iz and Egan finally mangage to extricate themselves from the webby ball. Vilya is locked tight for the nonce, but she struggles mightily.

Tobias fires off another arcane bolt. It finds its mark, blasting gooey spider ichor over the front-line combatents.

Ten is almost back into the fray, his eyes big and showing a lot of white at the moment.

The spiders rear and attack:

Attacks:

Spoiler:
Jo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d6 ⇒ 5 Vilya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 ⇒ 1

Man them spiders do love them some Jolessa ..

One sinks its fangs into Jo, the other misses Vilya by inches.

Jo Fort Save DC 14 Plz


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

New Round?

Ten Foot yells at the top of his voice "YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?" and then practically shouts a prayer to Cayden "BEER!
I could kiss and hug it, but I'd rather chug it, put my belly out to HERE!"
as he shouts 'here' he begins to swell in size until he stands fully 14 feet tall.

Casting Enlarge Person

Stat Changes: AC-15, +1 Greataxe Sacred Burst [Cyndrig the Fiendhacker] : +8 3d6+8 (x3). Size changes to Large, Reach is 10 feet.

I now occupy N17-18 to O17-18.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Finally free of the sticky mess, Egan is determined to take revenge.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2429118/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2429119/

Something is wrong with the linking on my new computer. This was a 22 to hit, and a 7 for damage. I'll use the roller on this site I guess


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Jo Fort Save DC 14 Plz

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

San, unable to close to melee with the arachnids with Vilya and Jo in the way, invokes the power of his arcane bond with his sword. He casts a second scorching ray at the spider attacking Jo.

scorching ray ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 -4 for firing into melee, so 16

damage 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 6) = 12


Bribes always welcome

Initiatives rd 5:

Joleesa: 21 [pending]
Izkrael: 17 [pending]
Egan: 16 [ATK/HIT]
Vilya: 16 [FREE!]
Sanvoros: 15 [Scorching Ray]
Seven Eagle: 15 [Bardchant +1 atk/dam/charm/fear]
Tobias: 15 [pending]
Ten: 14 [Supersized]
Albino Cave Spiders: 10 [Attacking]

Jo feels a burning in the spider bite, but it fades to a tolerable level

Egan shoots at the spider in front of Jo with his bow At least I think you are using it, right?. The arrow flies true, eliciting a squeal from the glandular arachnid.

Vilya breaks free of the clingy strands of webbing, cursing a blue streak as she does.

San's scorching ray flies true, wrapping the arrow-struck arachnid. It is engulfed in flames and topples from the narrow bridge. Its shrieks dwindle as it falls into the dark abyss below.

Ten swells in size until he is almost too big for the bridge.

Ten, roll me a Reflex save please. I'll get a map up soon ...


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Reflex Save
Ref: +1(class) +1(dex) +1(trait) = +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

And my great rolls continue.

Edit: that is actually 1 lower as my Dex is also reduced by the spell.


Bribes always welcome
Ten Foot Twin Eater wrote:

Reflex Save

Ref: +1(class) +1(dex) +1(trait) = +2 1d20 + 2

And my great rolls continue.

Edit: that is actually 1 lower as my Dex is also reduced by the spell.

Ten feels wobbly, and a foot slips a bit as he expands, but he manages to retain his balance. He now towers over the others, but the bridge has become much narrower.


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ten feels wobbly, and a foot slips a bit as he expands, but he manages to retain his balance. He now towers over the others, but the bridge has become much narrower.

You bugger, I was sure you were going to have Ten plunge over the edge and plummet to his doom.

"Wooooooooooooo" Ten Foot yells as he frantically windmills his arms to keep his balance. "Bad idea! Squeaky bum time!" for a few precious seconds the fear of the fall overrides his fear of the spiders.


Bribes always welcome
Ten Foot Twin Eater wrote:

You bugger, I was sure you were going to have Ten plunge over the edge and plummet to his doom.

If you had rolled a 1 Ten might have had a problem ..


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
If you had rolled a 1 Ten might have had a problem ..

Caused a brown adrenaline moment when you asked for the roll and I rolled terrible, good on you for psyching me out.


Male Human Sorcerer 5

Tobias continues to do what he always does to freakishly large insects.

Magic Missile, from my wand: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

Still waiting for a few folks, right? Not a new round yet?


Male Human Sorcerer 5
Sanvoros Draben wrote:
Still waiting for a few folks, right? Not a new round yet?

Just Jo and Iz, as far as I can tell.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

With everyone unstuck, and Ten taking up most of the bridge, Izkrael backs up and retrieves his bow, looking for a opening to get a shot off.


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Finally free of the sticky strands, Jo swings Raptorstrike once more at the spider in front of her, hoping to distract it away from Vilya.

Attack Albino Cave Spider with Raptorstrike: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
Confirm Critical Hit: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 + 2 = 14


Bribes always welcome
Joleesa Morvais wrote:

Finally free of the sticky strands, Jo swings Raptorstrike once more at the spider in front of her, hoping to distract it away from Vilya.

Attack Albino Cave Spider with Raptorstrike: 1d20 + 8 + 1
Confirm Critical Hit: 1d20 + 8 + 1
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 2

Jo gets in a lucky slash, parting a leg off the final spider. The arachnid loses its balance, scrabbling madly against the smooth limestone bridge, then toppling into the chasm. The path is clear, but the group can hear other spiders above scuttling and moving.

Gratz folks. Actions??


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten Foot scans the ceiling, his enlarged eyes glittering in the poor light "Come on you big hairy ba$%&£ds!" he yells up at the darkness, his axe clutched in his hand so tight that his fingers start to tingle.

Darkvision 60 feet

He seems too lost in his impotent rage to suggest that they check the altar why they have a chance.


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

"Quickly,while there is time". Egan shouts and heads towards the other side of the bridge at a run.

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,106 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales from the City of Opal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.