Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tales from the City of Opal

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is my homebrew world Arcaia. This particular setting is the free city of Opal, a lush equatorial city set on the edge of an immense jungle rife with undead , ancient civilizations, and dinosaurs.


1 to 50 of 3,195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome

Wind-driven waves slap along huge tarred barnacle-encrusted mahogany pilings as the small shorecraft approaches the wharf.

The grizzled bosun yells to his two rowing mates. They ship their oars and scramble out onto the sun-bleached dock. Securing the small craft with a rope, the two assist their passengers onto dry land.

"Welcome to the City of Opal folks, Gem of the South," The grizzled bosun says.

Here we will begin when our characters are set ;)


Bribes always welcome

10 Jade, 312th year FCO (Founding of the City of Opal)

The day has dawned hot and humid over the city of Opal. The blue waters of Turquoise Bay are dotted with the ships of a dozen nations, all coming to take advantage of the beginning of the dry season.

The streets are alive as people emerge after the long spell of dreary rainy weather. The Prayer Callers' ritual chants to Quetzalcouatl ring forth from the four prayer towers at the massive Temple of the Feathered Snake, echoing and re-echoing along the bright adobe and brick buildings.

A sailor dressed in Theranan garb lies in the street gutter, snoring loudly, a bottle of cheap rum still tucked in his fingers. A local urchin sidles up to him looking at his belt pouch.

A man dressed in plantation clothes argues excitedly with a dry goods merchant, both of them imitating windmills with their arms and hands. Several Lumpers stand at the road by them, grunting in short pig-like snorts. Armed plantation men watch their boss, grinning at the scene of high theater the haggling indicates.

A trio of Sliss'pok Lizardfolk walk along the raised sidewalk, their faces brightly painted with shamanistic symbols. Long fearsome tridents tipped with razor-sharp obsidian tines are gripped in their hands, and wicked-looking blowguns adorned with exotic feathers are slung on their backs.

Two young plantation scions laugh and swagger down the sidewalk, nimbly avoiding dino droppings so as not to spoil their fine-tooled dino leather boots. They both wear the Clenched Fist cloak broach, indicating they belong to that Sword Circle. Their brightly patterned silk cloaks snap behind them in the freshening ocean breeze.

A group of immigrants sweating in rough wool homespun follow a man dressed in plantation guard gear: Metal breastplate, sword, dagger, cured Lumper-hide helmet and greaves, supple leather gloves that extend to the elbow. He carries a snake fork cane in one hand, the polished mahogany stick bifrucated at the end and sharpened into wicked points. He lectures the newcomers as they walk towards the river, using his cane to punctuate his points:

"Remember when y'all get settled in that everything around here, even the little lizards can have a powerful poison. Y'all evah see a red and black scaly critter 'bout the size of a rat hiding in your privy you best bettah give it some room. That's what we calls a Killquick Lizard round heah, an' it likes to nap in warm wet places, so always check the hole 'fore you put your business end down."

The vine-covered marble pile of the Opal Explorer's Guild looms up in front of you. The Common Room is open for business, and already a ragtag group of wannabe adventurers are crowded along the Posting Poles outside, looking for employment. A well-armored man with half-a-dozen facial scars, a large sword sheathed in a colorful black diamond-patterened dinohide scabbard and several orbiting stones whizzing about his head strides inside, possibly heading for one of the Private Parlors.

Perhaps today would be a good day to look for an adventure!

You can all introduce yourself. The Common Room is a working tavern open to everyone. The Posting Poles have many broadsheets offering employment, and the tavern has many folks looking to hire on hands. Feel free to introduce your characters to each other.


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Joleesa and Ten stand talking around one of the poles, arguing good naturedly about what type of job they want to try for. She notices Tobias come walking into the yard and motions him over with a nod and a wave of her hand. She grabs her hat and mock bows to him. "Good morning Master Marshalsea. To what do we owe the pleasure of your company today? In need of a spot of work like myself and Ten here I'll wager. Mayhap we could find work together. It would be nice to work with friends rather than some sun adled foreigner looking to make his fortune in the jungles."
She turns and idly picks at a note reading: Looking for adventure?
She sighs loudly and turns back to them. "So what intersests you boys? A spot of Tomb Raiding in the Ruins? A Jungle run in search of rare dinosaur eggs? Adventure on the High Seas? Caravan Guarding?" She mocks vomiting as she says the last one.
She looks around at the other poles and motions at the people gathered there. "Maybe we should just find ourselves some other hardy souls and bugger job hunting. Just head off into the jungle in search of a good time. Wheezy hasn't been out for a run in a while and I'm sure he's keen to get back to the jungle again. As am I for that matter."


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten Foot, flexes his muscles and rotates his neck trying to work out the kinks and knots from sleeping in yet another bed built for tiny people.

"Hah! Tobi, greetings to you!" his voice booms out over the hubble of general conversation as he grabs the human's hand and shakes it enthusiastically.

"You know me Jo Jo! As long as it is fun and I get a good drink during it, I am game for anything!" he looks longingly at the bar as he speaks. "I did hear rumours from one of the Lizard Kind I drank with last night, he spoke of the wealth hidden in some of those tombs, now that sounds exciting!" His face cracks into a smile showing a mouth full of large teeth his, two oversized tusk-like canine teeth glinting in the light.

With that he bellows at the nearest serving wench or tap boy, "Three beers over here!" he holds up a gold coin to tempt them closer.

"Breakfast," he mumbles sheepishly at the others in response to their looks, "can I get either of you a drink?" he asks with a mischievous glint in his eyes.


Bribes always welcome

The serving wench saunters over to Ten, eyeing him (and his gold coin) speculatively. Her bronze skin and high cheekbones bespeak a Zapatec ancestry, but the auburn curly hair and blue eyes suggest Vellasian as well. Her scanty floral print dress and dinohide-scabbarded shortsword are pure Opaline.

"You want the homebrew or something a little more ... exotic?" She purrs


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

Egan enters the crowded room, removing his hat and slapping it against his thigh to remove the dust, and any crawling creatures that might have landed there. Looking around he sees some familiar faces, though none he would call friend. He takes the handbill he wrote up this morning and finds a prominent place to post it.

"Expert Jungle guide available for Hire".
"By land or by water, experience the Wilderness first hand"
"Safety and satisfaction guaranteed"
"Ask for Egan, at the (DM fill in blanks)"

He then looks around the room, looking more closely for anyone he knows.

OOC: I don't know if Egan knows any of the other PC's but he might as he has many contacts in the Jungles and markets of Opal.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

Sanvoros and his friend Izkrael sat at a table in the corner of the room, somewhat away from the groups of people gathered around the posts. He idly sipped at the beer he had been nursing for the past half hour.

"So, my friend, what do you think? It's been over a week since we returned from our last 'expedition', and nothing new from the Order. Perhaps it's time we looked into finding something on our own? I don't know about you, but I'm getting restless ..."

He looks over to the poles. "Interesting. What do you make of those three over there? Two humans with red hair and the half-orc; they make for an odd trio, wouldn't you say?" Sanvoros scans the rest of the folks in the room. Some he knows, but none with any familiarity. A couple he has worked with once or twice, but wasn't overly impressed with their capabilities. He notices Egan enter, however, and mentions to Izkrael, "I've heard a bit about that fellow. One of better guides in the area, from what I've been told. Never worked with him, but his skill set might complement ours well."


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
"You want the homebrew or something a little more ... exotic?" She purrs

"Well aren't you a saucy mare," Ten Foot booms while smiling infectiously, "I'll take two of your home brews and what ever else you can suggest that is more exotic, I dun know, surprise me" he gives an over exaggerated wink at her as he hands her the gold coin.

"Oh, and what ever my companions want as well," he adds as an after thought. Thrusting his hand into his pockets to retrieve a second coin to place in her palm he continues "I think we will be needing lunch after this breakfast if you get my drift, so a table would be appreciated."

He turns from watching her swaying hips leave and looks around the room making eye contact with a Dark Skinned half-elf in travel worn equipment. The Half-elves companion is even more distinctive, a heavily scarred pale skinned elf with almost silver hair. Both seem to be drinking, "now they are my type of people," he utters to no one in particular, gives the Half-elf a big grin and turns back to check how the bar-maid is progressing with his order.


Male Human Sorcerer 5

Tobias returns Joleesa's bow. "You have wagered correctly, Miss Morvais. I would be glad to venture out with you two. Now, one second, Miss, I'll also take a drink."

"As I was saying, as long as it pays, I care not what we do."

Tobias leans on a nearby column and grins.


Male Human Bard-2/Sorcerer-1 (Abberant Blood line)

A tall thin man dressed in cheap dress clothes stumbles into the bar, he nearly trips over the piles of canvas and rolled up parchment he carries. Bumping into several customers as he swaggers in, it is obvious this man has two left feet. He topples his piles of papers onto the nearest empty table, looks up and exclaims. I need a group of hearty souls, I think I have found something, who cares to join me!" The inn goes silent and Seven Eagle swears he can hear the crickets chirping, defeated he plops into his chair and starts to organize his papers and canvas. He is a comical site and it is obvious this man is a bit paranoid, between looking over his sholders for an unseen threat and mumbling to himself, something is not quite right with this native son.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

Izkrael glances over at the half-orc and the two humans, then over at Egan.
“I too tire of the city.” he says, then takes a pull from his tankard.
“I also have heard good things said about Egan.” He gives the other three another look, his gaze lingering particularly on the half-orc for a moment. “The others, I don't know, but they stand out almost as bad as I do.” He looks over at them one more time, “Maybe worse.” he jokes. Something he usually only relaxes enough to do around you.
“Let's see if Egan is interested in an excursion.”, and he waves over one of the wenches.
Just as he does this, a tall, thin local stumbles in, and loudly says, "I need a group of hearty souls, I think I have found something, who cares to join me!"
"Maybe this is what we need.", he says to Sanvoros.

OOC

Spoiler:
Izkrael uses his detect evil ability when he looks at the three, and he also gives the room a sweep, seeing if he needs to concerned about anyone in particular.


Male Human Sorcerer 5

"Hey, either of you know this guy?"

Tobias then gets up.

"I'm going to have a chat with Jumpy over there. Care to join me?"


Bribes always welcome

A table opens up by the front windows of the Common Room. The three friends grab it quickly. Next to them a trio of grease-smirched gnomes with leather goggles arguing over a set of gears on the table. On the other side a Hadozee in sailor getup drinks with two dreadlocked Halflings dressed in flashy silks and tricorne hats.

The Common Room is abuzz with breakfasters eating sausages and duckbill eggs. A vermillion-striped tree gecko crawls down the wall by the group, stalking a blue palmetto bug that buzzes on a nearby torch sconce.

The serving wench flounces off to fill Ten's order. She returns with five mugs on a tray. She sets out four mugs of the Explorer's Guild's house pale ale and a mug of Sugar Sack, a mix of rum, ale and brown sugar chunks.

"There you go handsome, enjoy!" She smiles at the burly half-orc and saunters off.

Egan, you have seen Joleesa and Ten before, Tobias is new to you.

As the three sip their drinks Seven Eagle makes his interesting declaration. He sits down, attracting attention around the bar. Joleesa notices two elven men, one dark one light looking the odd man over.

Sonvoros and Izkrael take in the buzzing conversations. They spot Egan putting up his broadsheet, then are distracted by the loud declaration Seven Eagle makes.

Izkrael:

Spoiler:
Your detect evil senses nothing about the PCs. There is a smattering of black souls in the bar though, not really surprising

Tobias gets up to chat with the nervous parchment-burdened man.


Male Human Sorcerer 5

Tobias walks up to the nervous man and says "Good morning. I'm Tobias Marshalsea, and myself and a few of my associates *gestures towards Ten and Joleesa* overheard you saying you needed a group of brave souls for something. So, what is it you need?"


Male Human Bard-2/Sorcerer-1 (Abberant Blood line)

Oblivious to his surroundings Seven Eagle piles his parchments into an arrangement of pictures including: Lost temples and Ziggurats on one side, tentacled horrors in the middle and then artifacts and treasures on the far side.

"I have seen it, I have seen it, I have seen it" Seven Eagle mutters under his breath as he makes his piles. It is obvious these paintings were done with a tired hand, but the stroke work is quite brilliant.

Hey Patrick I am running with something is this ok can you improv with me or should I wait until you give us a nugget?


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten foot turns to Joleesa, "she called me handsome, maybe the beer fumes have pickled her brain?" he laughs loudly at his own poor wit.

Ten Foot then drains his appetiser in a single motion, pausing to belch loudly and spectacularly before draining the second. "Phew, that hit the spot, come on Jo Jo lets go and see what Tobi has drummed up."

He swaggers over to Tobi and the jumpy guy, who reminds him of a mouse caught in a cats gaze. As he closes he rolls the bitter sweet Sugar Sack around his mouth relishing the way the liquid clings to the inside of his cheek.


Male Human Bard-2/Sorcerer-1 (Abberant Blood line)

Seven Eagle jumps when the man introduces himself, he looks at the man and glances around. Moving close to the man he whispers to him, "There are things in the jungle that should not be, high atop the mountains in the lands of the ancients I have seen it, What does not exist, does.". Seven Eagle looks around to make sure no one is listening, "They have plans you know, they are waiting for the right time, they do not care about our meaningless existance, for we are just a speck in their world, we are one minor pebble on a beach of thousands, any moment they may return and claim us" Once again Seven Eagle peers to make sure no one hears him, "But we can stop them, for they underestemate us as a whole, we are their experiments, their playthings, but with clear heads and valiant souls we can delay their second coming, look and behold!" Seven Eagle points to his pile of pictures on the table. He begins to pace around the table nervously.


Male Human Sorcerer 5

"Oh, hey Ten. Well, this guy looks like a wash. Turns out he wants help saving the multiverse from tentacled horrors from beyond. At least it looks like they have good stuff." Tobias says as he looks at Jumpy's pictures.


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4
Ten Foot Twin Eater wrote:
Ten foot turns to Joleesa, "she called me handsome, maybe the beer fumes have pickled her brain?" he laughs loudly at his own poor wit.

Joleesa laughs. "Maybe she just really likes bears."

She watches Tobias with the strange man and stays seated as Ten heads towards them. "I'll be over in a minute". She then tries to catch Egan's eye with a wave to come and join her at the table.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Perhaps you're right," Sanvoros replies to Izkrael. "Why don't we head over and see what he's looking for." As the two watch, however, they notice one of the red-haired humans walk over to the strange man, while the jungle guide is beckoned by the tall woman.

"Looks like they all know one another, too. Shall we see if they want to make two 'new friends'?"


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan enters the crowded room, removing his hat and slapping it against his thigh to remove the dust, and any crawling creatures that might have landed there. Looking around he sees some familiar faces, though none he would call friend. He takes the handbill he wrote up this morning and finds a prominent place to post it.

"Expert Jungle guide available for Hire".
"By land or by water, experience the Wilderness first hand"
"Safety and satisfaction guaranteed"
"Ask for Egan, at the (DM fill in blanks)"

A small, dark-haired woman has been sitting cross-legged on a stool in one of the far corners of the bar. Her dead-black eyes track Egan as he tacks up his flyer. As Egan moves toward an empty table, the woman stands, her sandaled feet making no sound as she moves toward the tavern's pin board. She noisily rips the leaflet from the board with her long fingers and saunters over to Egan's table.

"So... Egan."

She holds up the handbill.

"Trying to steal my business?"

The woman licks her lips with a long, black tongue.


Male Human Bard-2/Sorcerer-1 (Abberant Blood line)

"Oh I assure you, Tobias is it, this is no joke, it is common knowledge of the lost treasures contained in the jungles, I am just making sure to let us all know they are not left unguarded. I wish I was just crazy, it would definatley be easier that way. Seven Eagle points to the parchment containing the Ziggurat, "That is what we seek, sure there will be riches and fame to claim, but it is my destiny to find something else, a weapon, some lore to keep the old race at bay. If I am crazy, well at least it beats hanging out in this place..." Once more Seven Eagle looks with Paranoia around the bar room. "So, are you and your friends in, do ya wanna save the world?"


Male Human Sorcerer 5

"Now, my good man, that would depend entirely on weather my friends agree to this endevour. If they do agree to this, I'll gladly help you save the world. If they don't, and it's just you and me, I can't exactly agree to go with you. Uh, what did you say your name was, again."


Bribes always welcome
Seven Eagle wrote:

Hey Patrick I am running with something is this ok can you improv with me or should I wait until you give us a nugget?

Improv is the name of the game... keep it up.

Seven Eagle:

Spoiler:
If you want assume that you have some sort of map to an abandoned Xoltec temple complex in the Jungle of Skulls. I will detail up something to put up here when I have a moment.


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten Foot looks over the papers Seven Eagle has, "You know this sounds like it might be fun, but it will take a lot of equipment"

"We will need a guide and a bit more muscle, count me in Tobi,"

He offers Seven Eagles his hand while smiling broadly "Ten Foot is the name!"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

Sanvoros overhears the large half-orc's comment about needing guides and more muscle. "My friend and I may be able to fit the bill," he says loudly enough for Ten to hear, and indicates both himself and Izkrael. "We know the area, and have fought many of the worst things out there. And we have a few unusual tricks up our sleeves, as well. What sort of an expedition are we looking at, here?"


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

"Then draw up a chair friend and we can talk over a drink or three," he gives a toothy smile and tries to attract the barmaids attention again.

Leaving the real talk to Tobias and Seven Eagle.


Bribes always welcome

The same barmaid comes over to the now-crowded table, her red floral-patterned skirt swirling about her thighs. She takes in Ten's almost-empty mug of Sugar Sack and grins.

"Ready for another round?"

She looks around the others with a saucy eye.

"How about your friends?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

"Yes, thank you." Sanvoros takes out a couple of gold, and says, "I'll buy for my firend, as well. What will you have Izkrael?"


Male Human Bard-2/Sorcerer-1 (Abberant Blood line)

Astonished by the gathering crowd, Seven Ealgle begins, The name is Seven Eagle, if you look here digs through the parchment ah yes, here it is, its a map of a Ziggurat I got this at an art show, it was drawn on the opposite side of a painting from a man in a local sanitarium, when I tried to pay him a visit I was mugged by some creepy looking fellows, I have not had the courage to try the sanitarium alone since looks at the stronger looking members of the assembling group I have seen this layout before, and I believe it has clues to the origins of the old ones, if I can only contact the insane artist who drew the map, maybe more clues will come our way." Looking over his sholder, then hopeful to the group, What say all you, the job pays like crap, but so do most


Bribes always welcome

Anyone native to Opal:

Spoiler:
When the jumpy man mentions sanitarium, there can be only one place in Opal he means: The Broken House in the Driftwood District. There are many soul-shattering terrors in the Mazatil Jungles, and the unfortunates who break under the strain are confined to the old crumbling sanitarium run by the Sisters of Silent Mercy, a sect of Quetzalcouatl priestesses.


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten blanches at the talk of the asylum, his jovial mood broken. "I'll need many a stiff drink before I return there." his voice is deep and full of sadness. "Count me in on the adventure but I am afraid only the will of my god could make me step through the fresh hold onto the ground of that place once more."

He looks at the floral dressed barmaid and orders another few drinks and some hot breakfast, his mood seems a lot more somber as he listens into the conversation, drinking heavily as if the booze can wash away some repressed memory.

DM:

Spoiler:
I will work out a reason why he dislikes the idea of returning to that place before he gets there, honest.


Male Elf Paladin/Ranger 4/1

"Just a house ale for me." Izkrael says to the barmaid. To the people at the table he says,"Seven Eagle must mean the Broken House. Many from our order wind up there when they can no longer deal with the strain and the terrors we deal with. I wouldn't mind paying some of them a visit. There are people in there who have saved my life before."
Looking at the others, he introduces himself and his friend, though he does not put his hand out to shake the others.
"I am Izkrael, and my companion is Sanvoros. We were just discussing an excursion into the jungle, and this seems to be turning into just that. May I also point out that an excellent guide is here today as well," and he points at Egan, "though it seems he may be preoccupied now.", he finishes as he spots a dark-haired woman standing before Egan's table talking to him.


Bribes always welcome

Ten Foot:

Spoiler:
perhaps your guardian Sister Roselyn did some charity work when you were young at the Broken House and you were distressed by the sights and sounds there.

The Common Room swells with a boisterous breakfast crowd. The temperature has been climbing, and looks to be hovering at the human blood point. Several large fan moths cling to the ceiling, beating their wings steadily, but the sluggish air is hard to stir.


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

DM:

Spoiler:
Sounds good to me, it would have scared me as a kid, childhood phobias, I am thinking that big brave Ten Foot might also be scared of snakes or spiders, or something similar.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Ten Foot Twin Eater wrote:

DM:

** spoiler omitted **

"Asps. Very dangerous. You first."


Bribes always welcome

The barmaid returns, bearing a tray with Ten's breakfast and several mugs of pale ale and another mug of Sugar Sack for the large Half Orc. She smiles as she dishes out the sausage and pile of scrambled eggs.

"Anyone else need a drink or some breakfast?" She inquires.

Outside the louvered windows the streets of Opal are filling with merchants, sailors and plantationmen. Well-burdened Lumpers thud along, heading out to the Uplands Gate. Others plod in from the gate, heaped with bales of tobacco, silkstalks, sugarcane and dinohides.

A group of Feathered Snake Dervishes twirl along the street chanting in Xoltec as they dance, their dinofeather-bedecked hats twinkling in the hot sun.


Female Human Rogue/Swashbuckler 1/4

Joleesa sees the woman approach Egan and lay into him, thinks lover's quarrel and so gets up and heads across to the rapidly expanding group around Seven Eagle. She squeezes in between Ten and Tobias, introducing herself and quickly catching the gist of what's been said as Seven Eagle continues with his tale.
"If there's treasure and a good time to be had getting it then count us in, right boys." She claps Ten on the back and gives Tobias a wink.


Bribes always welcome

Ten:

Spoiler:
If you are afraid of snakes and spiders you are in for a scaredy good time! ;)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4

Sanvoros looks to Izkrael, then back at Seven Eagle. "The old ones, eh? I'm game, if my friend here is. Our specialty is fighting the undead, but we know quite a few tricks that'll work against anything."


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5
Vilya the Taker wrote:
Egan Coyle wrote:

Egan enters the crowded room, removing his hat and slapping it against his thigh to remove the dust, and any crawling creatures that might have landed there. Looking around he sees some familiar faces, though none he would call friend. He takes the handbill he wrote up this morning and finds a prominent place to post it.

"Expert Jungle guide available for Hire".
"By land or by water, experience the Wilderness first hand"
"Safety and satisfaction guaranteed"
"Ask for Egan, at the (DM fill in blanks)"

A small, dark-haired woman has been sitting cross-legged on a stool in one of the far corners of the bar. Her dead-black eyes track Egan as he tacks up his flyer. As Egan moves toward an empty table, the woman stands, her sandaled feet making no sound as she moves toward the tavern's pin board. She noisily rips the leaflet from the board with her long fingers and saunters over to Egan's table.

"So... Egan."

She holds up the handbill.

"Trying to steal my business?"

The woman licks her lips with a long, black tongue.

"Vilya, Vilya, Vilya". "You know it's a free city, and an even more free Jungle". "I can see your concern thought...Who would hire you while I'm available?" Egan then makes a grab for the leaflet, to put it back on the post. Meanwhile he notices Joleesa sitting at a table motioning to him... "Excuse me Vilya." "There is someone actually 'interesting' over there I need to talk to."


Male Half-elf Ranger / 5

As Egan sees Joleesa rise to join the noisy group at the table he redirects himself to head in that direction. Stepping in to catch what the conversation is about. "That looks a lot like an adventuring party forming, and I bet they need a guide." Egan thinks to himself. "I'd better beat Vilya over there".


Male Human Sorcerer 5

"Hey, looks like the guide's coming over. Once we get him to join us, we can get started."


Bribes always welcome

Egan starts to thread his way through the noisy room to see what Joleesa wants.

Will update more tonight/tomorrow including a map for Seven Eagle


Male Human Bard-2/Sorcerer-1 (Abberant Blood line)

Pleased at the gathering of heros Seven Eagle begins to speak again "Who knows where or what the old ones are exactly, but they had a civilization up in those mountains that prospered long before we were even standing, I cannot imagine the treasures they must have left behind in the wilderness, I propose we each get an equal share, and if one of us shall fall, if resources permit, we work to bring us back from the beyond."


Male Half Orc - Half Human- Half Something Else (I know that is 3 halves, but he is a big chap) Cleric Level 4

Ten Foot listens to the propositions in between taking giant bites of breakfast washed down with gulps of beer, "you know I like this plan," he talks with his mouthful, "we should start preparing resources as soon as possible, who here will take on the roll of expedition leader?"

He looks round at the others, his eyes alighting on each in turn.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Egan Coyle wrote:
"Vilya, Vilya, Vilya". "You know it's a free city, and an even more free Jungle". "I can see your concern thought...Who would hire you while I'm available?" Egan then makes a grab for the leaflet, to put it back on the post. Meanwhile he notices Joleesa sitting at a table motioning to him... "Excuse me Vilya." "There is someone actually 'interesting' over there I need to talk to."

Vilya narrows her eyes.

"Jerk."

Keeping a few paces behind, she follows Egan, hoping to pick up any stragglers.


Female Human Binder 2 / Rogue 3
Seven Eagle wrote:
Pleased at the gathering of heros Seven Eagle begins to speak again "Who knows where or what the old ones are exactly, but they had a civilization up in those mountains that prospered long before we were even standing, I cannot imagine the treasures they must have left behind in the wilderness, I propose we each get an equal share, and if one of us shall fall, if resources permit, we work to bring us back from the beyond."

As Seven Eagle says this, Vilya's interest picks up noticeably and substantially.

"Hm..."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Wizard (transmuter) 4
Ten Foot Twin Eater wrote:

Ten Foot listens to the propositions in between taking giant bites of breakfast washed down with gulps of beer, "you know I like this plan," he talks with his mouthful, "we should start preparing resources as soon as possible, who here will take on the roll of expedition leader?"

He looks round at the others, his eyes alighting on each in turn.

Sanvoros looks at Seven Eagle. "I think our erstwhile researcher knows the most about these 'old ones' and their cities. Perhaps he would be best suited to let us know what we can expect? And any one of myself, Izkrael, or our other guide friend should be able to lead us there through the jungle."

1 to 50 of 3,195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales from the City of Opal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.