TROUBLE IN AKITON (Inactive)

Game Master Vrog Skyreaver

This is a short-term game based around trying the various subsystems of Starfinder.

Your Chase Vehicle Stats:

ALL-TERRAIN TRANSPORT LEVEL 6
Huge land vehicle (10 ft. wide, 20 ft. long, 7 ft. high)
Speed 10 ft., full 450 ft., 50 mph
EAC 13; KAC 16; Cover total cover
HP 90 (45); Hardness 8
Attack (Collision) 7d8 (DC 12)
Modifiers –4 Piloting, –3 attack (–6 at full speed)
Systems autopilot (Piloting +13), planetary comm unit; Passengers 7

Chase Zones:
Zone 1: Lead vehicle
Zone 2: Trail Vehicle


1 to 50 of 323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Please dot in here to add this game to your gameplay.

Lantern Lodge

Male Vesk Mechanic (Exocortex) 10 | HP: 66/66 SP: 100/100 Res 11/12 | EAC 30 | KAC 32 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +3 | Init +4 | Percep +16

.


Lashunta Technomancer 10 | SP 80 HP 54 RP 11/12 | EAC 30 KAC 32 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+2 vs. spells/SLAs) | Init +4 Perc. +11 Move 25 (fly 30)

.

Liberty's Edge

Human Operative 10

...---<<<{{{[[[subliminal dot]]]}}}>>>---...


F Shirren Envoy [ HP: 66/66 | SP: 80/80 | RP: 11/11 | EAC: 26 | KAC: 27 | Fort +5 / Ref +11 / Will +9 | Init +8 / Percept +15 (Blindsense 30) ]

...


Sorry, I tried to make a Star Wars crawl for the opening, but I spent the last hour trying to find a site that would let me make one and save it, but to no avail. So, without further ado, we shall use our Imaginations (tm) to visualize a crawl to start our game...

STARFINDER
Trouble in Akiton

Our heroes have captured a mysterious wanted fugitive, a ship captain known only as HAARLOCK. This human is wanted on multiple pact worlds for PIRACY and MURDER, although many people in the Pact worlds that know of him consider him to be a hero.

They are headed towards the planet of EOX, where he is wanted for smuggling several PHARISMAN strike teams onto the planet.

Our story begins in orbit around the desert world of AKITON, where the drift engine on the hero's ship is recharging after jumping. In the distance, an ominous looking ship is approaching...


Male Kasathas Soldier 10 | Init: +12 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 35' | SP: 120 / 120, HP: 74 / 74, RP: 9 / 11 | EAC: 30, KAC: 33 [DR 10], CMAC: 41 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +10, Will: +10

Loram eyes the distant ship on the display screen, his dark eyes narrowed. The kasathas had been chafing at the delay as the ship recharged its drift engine while they orbited the arid planet of Akiton. And now this...

Those that glance at him can see that Loram is a huge specimen, standing well over six and a half feet tall with nearly 200 lbs of solid muscle. He is also deceptively quick, given his size. Unlike many of his species, Loram doesn't wear the usual scarf that covers the mouths of most kasathas. The Lashunta Ringwear armor he wears gleams with various hues in the artificial light of the Sable Comet's bridge, and one of his four arms reaches to touch the plasma sword sheathed at his side as though for comfort.

"Do you suppose they know what we're carrying?" He asks nobody in particular. "I don't like the looks of that ship."


F Shirren Envoy [ HP: 66/66 | SP: 80/80 | RP: 11/11 | EAC: 26 | KAC: 27 | Fort +5 / Ref +11 / Will +9 | Init +8 / Percept +15 (Blindsense 30) ]

While her pacing back and forth across the bridge had previously been out of boredom and impatience, the approaching ship had brought a chance to Captain Iruaka's movements. She was more rigid, and kept making glances from the corner of her eyes at the various displays. "Neither do I." She responds to Loram, pausing in her stride to place a hand on his shoulder, before continuing on her way, back and forth across the bridge. "'Course, I'm not sure I'd like the look of any ship right now, so I might be biased."

Still, it did look particularly menacing... Pausing, she frowns. "Rax, how much longer until we can jump?"


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

Xera frowns at the controls. Her face is barely visible under the massive helmet she wears, black with a neon green skull and crossbonws that seems to glow under the lights of the bridge's consoles.

"We got shunted out of Driftspace here because we lost the signal for Eox. Best I could manage. Right now Eox might as well be a part of the Vast."

She turns to Iruaka.

"I don't know what happened. It's like Eox's drift beacons are just... gone. As it stands, we might be better off using normal thrust to get there. Less unanswered questions. And since we have a visitor inbound, I'd really prefer to warm up the thrusters."

She turns back to the controls.

"If you want to try the Drift Engine again, I'll do my best. But I have no idea how long our trip will take."

Xera looks around again.

"Anyone recognize that ship?"


The unknown ship continued to move towards the group's ship name pending, and it closes to combat distance quickly for a ship it's size. As it stops up short, both ships scan each other to gather more information. You also quickly realize that the ship's transponder is turned off.

The science officer can give me a Scanning roll to see what he can determine about the enemy ship, and I shall roll the same to see what they specifically know about your ship. As/if you discover information about the enemy ship, I will post it in the game info in statblock format. I will also post what the enemies know about your ship.

Computers (including ship bonus): 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (5) + 26 = 31


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3
GM Skyreaver wrote:
The science officer can give me a Scanning roll....

Since roles are fluid, and we're not in combat yet, theoretically multiple people could make computer rolls. I am untrained though.


Male Kasathas Soldier 10 | Init: +12 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 35' | SP: 120 / 120, HP: 74 / 74, RP: 9 / 11 | EAC: 30, KAC: 33 [DR 10], CMAC: 41 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +10, Will: +10

As the ship moves into an classic attack position, Loram speaks in a bass rumble. "Apparently they DO know what we're carrying. Either that or they're pirates. Whether it's one or the other, it looks like I'd better get to the guns." As the kasathas moves past Xera at the helm, he considers the android's words regarding their sudden shunt out of Driftspace. Though not well-schooled in general terms, the soldier has long had a deep interest in the physical sciences for personal reasons, and he ponders what he does know.

Physical Science Check DRR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

But nothing comes to mind and Loram continues on his way, moving toward the weapons station.

So I think it's established that Wraith will have the best attack modifier (by +1), so Loram can take the second and/or third best gun when we're ready for gunnery stage. I think that Kibbens was still finalizing his sheet, so he might wind up with a modifier higher than Loram's +14 as well, in which case Loram will take the #3 gun for sure.


I don't think my skill with guns will out do yours, but for the sake of rp, I'm going to post as I finalize my sheet today.

Being a more claws-on-ground operative, Kibbens did not like the possibility of a possible brawl between ships. He scampered onto the cold metal of the console bay and took a look.

"They're not delivering fresh coffee, that's for sure."

Kibbens hops off and scurries after Loram to help with the guns.

Just a flight of fancy, but I'm assuming its not feasible to try boarding the enemy's ship?


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3
Kibbens wrote:
I don't think my skill with guns will out do yours, but for the sake of rp, I'm going to post as I finalize my sheet today.

Kibbens' gunnery is 1 point better because his DEX is 20 and Loram's DEX is 18. Not a huge difference though.

But right now we're waiting on computers rolls to scan the other ship. Deneth, Raxsortun, and Wraith... whenever you're ready. Since the rolls use sensors you get a +4 for our advanced sensors.


Deneth:

Drift beacons are mysterious objects that act as lights in the drift to focus on, turning the area near them into "near" space. Having just one or two won't do it, but having enough of them would certainly do just that. As a general rule, however, most people would never be dumb enough to mess with Drift beacons, because they basically turn everyone who uses Drift space into your enemy (because you're basically screwing over anyone who wants to get to the location where they should be).

No one other than the priesthood of Triune knows much about them, except that it is known that they can be spontaneously created. The priesthood of Triune will also create them to guide travelers in the Drift.

This kind of thing has happened in the past before, but it's exceptionally rare.

Lantern Lodge

Male Vesk Mechanic (Exocortex) 10 | HP: 66/66 SP: 100/100 Res 11/12 | EAC 30 | KAC 32 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +3 | Init +4 | Percep +16

Down in the engineering bay, Rax slides aside the files on Haarlock that he'd been reviewing. He begins to pull scans on the ship they're facing.

Computers: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


I have updated the gameplay info with what your first pass of scanning has gotten you.

As the scans finish, the other ship's transponder starts transmitting again, and your group receives an audio message:

"Release our captain to us and you will be allowed to leave. You have one minute to acquiesce or we will begin hostilities."

They now seem to be waiting for your reply...


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

Hoping Deneth and Wraith will also make scanning checks.

Lantern Lodge

Male Vesk Mechanic (Exocortex) 10 | HP: 66/66 SP: 100/100 Res 11/12 | EAC 30 | KAC 32 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +3 | Init +4 | Percep +16

"Oh, good, they're just pirates," Rax says. "Captain, tell the worms that if they want their captain back, we'll happily send him along for double his current bounty, so we can make up for the loss of prestige and intergalactic trust that releasing him would inflict upon our reputation." He goes back to Haarlock's bounty files and begins looking for the Known Associates tab, to get an idea of who they're talking to.

Profession: Bounty Hunter (-5 for bounty hunter theme): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


F Shirren Envoy [ HP: 66/66 | SP: 80/80 | RP: 11/11 | EAC: 26 | KAC: 27 | Fort +5 / Ref +11 / Will +9 | Init +8 / Percept +15 (Blindsense 30) ]

Bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

"Technically we're probably the pirates here." Iruaka mutters, before opening up the comms channel. "You must have us confused with someone else, I'm the only Captain on board this vessel."

Glancing back over her shoulder, she mutters, "Doubt they'll fall for that but you never know." Louder into the internal comms, "Hope you're ready on those guns, gentlemen. Rax, how long until we can jump?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Vesk Mechanic (Exocortex) 10 | HP: 66/66 SP: 100/100 Res 11/12 | EAC 30 | KAC 32 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +3 | Init +4 | Percep +16

Rax grimaces at the readouts. "Well Captain, I'm not getting Drift beacons near Eox any longer, so if we jump, we're still slogging through normal space, just from a different direction. Let's warm up our guns and our thrusters, we'll punch through these weak little smoothskins and then have the next few days of travel to repair shields and hull."


Sorry for the delay.

The voice on the other end does not respond to Iruaka's bluff. Instead, he merely says "You now have 30 seconds."


Male Kasathas Soldier 10 | Init: +12 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 35' | SP: 120 / 120, HP: 74 / 74, RP: 9 / 11 | EAC: 30, KAC: 33 [DR 10], CMAC: 41 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +10, Will: +10

Loram takes his usual position in the gunnery control room. "Ready here, Captain. Lets give these pirates the answer they deserve."


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

Xera wrenches the throttle to full.

"Let's see how far I can get in 30 seconds!"


Kibbens hops onto his miniture console and begins pressing buttons and pulling levers, some altogether unnecessary.

"A traditional Ysoki greeting to pirates usually involves our largest gun. Permission to fire captain?"


As the Sable Comet moves to escape, it's clear that the Arcadia is prepared for such a maneuver. Their transponder cuts out and they match your speed.

We'll be starting the ship combat. Please feel free to refer to the campaign info tab for information about your role. As I understand it, the roles that people have filled are:

Captain: Iruaka
Pilot: Xera
Gunner: Kibbens, Loram, Wraith
Science Officer: Deneth
Engineer: Raxsortun

We'll begin with the Engineering Phase. For transparency, I'll post my actions as well. The Engineer on the Arcadia will attempt to Divert to Ship's Weapons. Please post your action Raxsortun.

GM Screen:

Engineering DC 30: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38


Lashunta Technomancer 10 | SP 80 HP 54 RP 11/12 | EAC 30 KAC 32 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+2 vs. spells/SLAs) | Init +4 Perc. +11 Move 25 (fly 30)

How did I miss this? My apologies.

computers: 1d20 + 27 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 27 + 4 = 51

Stubbing out his cigar Deneth checks the results that his scan brought up at first contact. They seem unusually complete, perhaps because of the extra time taken. "Captain, specs on your screen, now."


Nice Roll! I'll update the ship stats later today.


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3
GM Skyreaver wrote:

As the Sable Comet moves to escape, it's clear that the Arcadia is prepared for such a maneuver. Their transponder cuts out and they match your speed.

We'll be starting the ship combat. Please feel free to refer to the campaign info tab for information about your role. As I understand it, the roles that people have filled are:

Captain: Iruaka
Pilot: Xera
Gunner: Kibbens, Loram, Wraith
Science Officer: Deneth
Engineer: Raxsortun

For the record, at the start of every turn people can switch roles from one to another, and you don't necessarily need to stay with the same role every turn. You can have more than one engineer or science officer.

After Deneth's last roll, though, I am not sure if there will be anything left for the science officers to scan. But if we haven't got to #5 on the list, continuing to scan is good since we want to know where all the enemy ship's weapons are. In my mind this is more important than anything the engineer can do in round 1.

Xera will stay in the pilot's chair.


F Shirren Envoy [ HP: 66/66 | SP: 80/80 | RP: 11/11 | EAC: 26 | KAC: 27 | Fort +5 / Ref +11 / Will +9 | Init +8 / Percept +15 (Blindsense 30) ]
Raxsortun Steelshaper wrote:
Rax grimaces at the readouts. "Well Captain, I'm not getting Drift beacons near Eox any longer, so if we jump, we're still slogging through normal space, just from a different direction. Let's warm up our guns and our thrusters, we'll punch through these weak little smoothskins and then have the next few days of travel to repair shields and hull."

"That's... not ideal. But it sounds like a problem for Future-Us. Agreed with your assessment. Get ready." Iruaka smiles, despite the coming threat, thinking how lucky she is to have a crew on the same page as she is. There wouldn't have been time for disagreements, and if it entered into anyone's mind to surrender the Captain, they never spoke it.

Loram wrote:
Loram takes his usual position in the gunnery control room. "Ready here, Captain. Lets give these pirates the answer they deserve."
Kibbens wrote:
Kibbens hops onto his miniture console and begins pressing buttons and pulling levers, some altogether unnecessary. "A traditional Ysoki greeting to pirates usually involves our largest gun. Permission to fire captain?"

"You've got it, my comets. Fire when ready. Let's make them work for it."

As the ship launches forward and she waits for the guns to begin firing, Iruaka looks at the readout of the other ship's stats. "Hmm... They don't have us on maneuverability or speed..." She mutters. "If they have us beat on guns, though, we'll have to get creative..."

Lantern Lodge

Male Vesk Mechanic (Exocortex) 10 | HP: 66/66 SP: 100/100 Res 11/12 | EAC 30 | KAC 32 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +3 | Init +4 | Percep +16

Rax hammers furiously on his console, driving power from the core into the engines for an added edge in maneuverability.

Engineering DC 30: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Rax laughs into the comms. "Well, we got them on speed, Captain - at least for the moment. Engines going at max speed."


I have updated what your group has learned about the enemy ship. You haven't learned everything about it yet, and keep in mind that it's stats will change once combat starts (as shields and hp totals change) that will require rescanning to gather more information).

The Engineers on both ships boost excess energy into different ship systems, and the ships begin to move. While the Arcadia chooses to focus on offense, the Sable Comet increases power to the engines.

As the ship begin maneuvers, the helm team begins using various maneuvers to bring the enemy ship into optimal weapons range...

Next, we're onto the Helm phase of combat. Deneth, go ahead and choose and make your action, and I'll post mine as well.

GM Screen:

Computers DC 25 | 1 Resolve spent: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

My Science Officer locks onto your ship and succeeds on his check.


Lashunta Technomancer 10 | SP 80 HP 54 RP 11/12 | EAC 30 KAC 32 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+2 vs. spells/SLAs) | Init +4 Perc. +11 Move 25 (fly 30)

"Mark five armor and mark seven countermeasures? There's a reason we never bothered with that." Deneth sends out a swift pulse to lock on with a sneer.

His 1 free resolve for starship combat gets spent.
Computers, sensor bonus: 1d20 + 27 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 27 + 4 = 50

Our science officer succeeds too! Anything but a 1 would have done it, true. +2 to our gunnery checks for the rest of the round.


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

Xera jams the throttle to maximum and turns the ship to engage the enemy. She taps into the computer to predict her enemy's most probably course.

"Okay, let's see what you've got! Nobody outflies the Driftspeaker!"

Piloting (initiative) +3 computer: 1d20 + 24 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 24 + 3 = 39

Used one of the computer's three bonuses per round.

Has the captain taken any actions yet? The initiative check is pretty important so I wouldn't mind a bonus from Demand or Encourage, unless the captain is using Taunt this round.

Do we have a map yet?


Thanks to Deneth, Map is set up. I'm going to add it to the top of the campaign here momentarily.

Both ships begin jockeying for the best position.

Pilot Initiative: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

Both pilots are skilled, but Xera manages to manuever the Arcadia's pilot into a good position.

As the Arcadia's pilot moves towards the Sable Comet, he begins juking to avoid being hit.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

This, however, is nothing that Xera hasn't seen before.

I failed my check, but not so badly that he lost defense. He then moved forward.


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

Which figure is our ship?


There are notes on the page, but the blue and yellow ship is the Arcadia.


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

Sorry guys, didn't realize the enemy ship had moved.

Xera jams the throttle to full and curves the ship around, coming back in a wide sweep to take the enemy from the side.

"Whoever you are, here I come!"

Pilot: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38 Might as well use this as Evade as I don't need to make a check for the maneuver I just did. So AC and TL are now 21.

Moving from 5-24 to 6-23 to 6-22,
Turn Left (south)
Moving from 6-22 to 7-22 to 8-22 to 9-22 to 10-22,
Turn Right (southwest)
Moving from 10-22 to 11-21 to 11-20 to 12-19 to 12-18 to 13-17
Turn Right (northwest)

Enemy is 5 hexes away. They are in our Forward arc, we are in their Starboard arc. All our guns can now bear.

"All right me hearties! Let em' have it!"


Having plotted firing solutions, each ship unleashes a deadly salvo. For the Arcadia, the starboard Coilgun and turret mounted Maser open fire. Also, you can detect a port on the Arcadia open, but no weapons are fired from it.

Coilgun to hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Coilgun damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 3) = 9 Damage is 10, thanks to successful Engineering action turning 1s into 2s.

Maser to hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Damage Roll: 6d10 ⇒ (10, 4, 3, 9, 2, 7) = 35


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3

So we took 45 damage to the forward shield, and have 105 points left there. Each "Divert" action to restore power to shields will restore 30 points so I think we're still looking good.

Kibbens, Loram, Wraith... Fire away!

There are four weapons, all at close range, and they all can bear. One of you can fire two of them as a full attack.

The weapons are:
particle beam (8d6),
heavy antimatter missile launcher (10d10)
gravity gun (6d6),
heavy laser net (5d6)

We really want the Gravity Gun to hit because it gives special abilities (tractor beam). And it looks like they don't have a point weapon to starboard so the missile should do well. So I would fire the Laser Net and the Particle Beam together as a full attack, and then fire the Missile and the Gravity Gun individually. Fire the missile last.

I think we still have the +3 computer bonus left for two things.


Male Kasathas Soldier 10 | Init: +12 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 35' | SP: 120 / 120, HP: 74 / 74, RP: 9 / 11 | EAC: 30, KAC: 33 [DR 10], CMAC: 41 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +10, Will: +10

Loram busily flicks switches, checks dials and punches buttons, firing both the particle beam and the heavy laser net together!

Particle Beam Attack DRR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Particle Beam Damage DRR: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 6) = 29
Heavy Laser Net Attack DRR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Heavy Laser Net Damage DRR: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 3, 4) = 16

Attack rolls above include BAB (+10), DEX (+4) and Broadside Penalty (-2). I left the +3 for both the more powerful the missile attack and the gravity gun attack by the others.


Lashunta Technomancer 10 | SP 80 HP 54 RP 11/12 | EAC 30 KAC 32 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+2 vs. spells/SLAs) | Init +4 Perc. +11 Move 25 (fly 30)

Not that it matters for Loram, but all gunnery attacks this turn get +2 courtesy of your science officer.

Lantern Lodge

Male Vesk Mechanic (Exocortex) 10 | HP: 66/66 SP: 100/100 Res 11/12 | EAC 30 | KAC 32 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +3 | Init +4 | Percep +16

Rax pauses briefly on his work in the engineering bay to smile widely at the images coming in from his monitors. "Well struck, Loram!" he yells into his comms as he goes back to maintaining the roaring engines.


Just waiting on our other gunners.


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3
Loram wrote:
Attack rolls above include BAB (+10), DEX (+4) and Broadside Penalty (-2). I left the +3 for both the more powerful the missile attack and the gravity gun attack by the others.

For the record, broadside allows you to fire ALL the ship's weapons in one facing but costs 1 resolve (which would be all 4 guns in this case). Since each gun can only fire once, that doesn't make sense since it deprives the other gunners of their actions. A fire at will action fires to guns at -4 to hit (like a normal full attack). Since you did not include the +2 to hut from the science officer, then if this is a fire at will action then the results are the exact same, only you don't have to spend resolve.


Male Kasathas Soldier 10 | Init: +12 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 35' | SP: 120 / 120, HP: 74 / 74, RP: 9 / 11 | EAC: 30, KAC: 33 [DR 10], CMAC: 41 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +10, Will: +10

You are correct, I mis-typed my action. Was actually:
Fire At Will! (PUSH): You can fire any two starship weapons, regardless of arc. Each is made at a -2 penalty.

I cut/pasted the above from campaign information in this adventure, and you are correct that it does appear to be written incorrectly - the penalty to both attack rolls should be -4 instead of -2. Therefore, my results above (in my Gunnery Phase attack post) are all correct, with the exception of my explanation, which should include the +2 bonus granted by the science officer's actions and -4 instead of -2 for the action taken, which both wash each out. Thanks!

By the way, can we get the stats for our ship printed up somewhere convenient? Or is it already up there and I'm just overlooking them somehow?


It's posted in the Discussion thread, but I can post it in the campaign info tab.


Still here, just had a hard week. Last couple before finals. Using Fire at Will!

"Firing!
Fire Gravity Gun: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Gravity Gun Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 5, 5, 1) = 22
Fire Heavy Antimatter Launcher: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Heavy Antimatter Missile Launcher: 10d10 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 6, 7, 3, 5, 3, 6, 5) = 49

Welp...


Level 1:
Android Mystic 1 | SP 1/6 : HP 10/10 : RP 3/3 | EAC 16 : KAC 17 | Init +4 : Perc +6 : S.M. +4 | Fort +0 : Reflex +4 : Will +4 | Move 30' | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Ammo 9/9+30
Level 10:
Android Mystic 10 | SP 80/80 : HP 64/64 : RP 11/11 | EAC 28 : KAC 29 | Init +10 : Perc +22 : S.M. +17 | Fort +6 : Reflex +10 : Will +12 | Move 50' | Spells: 1st 2/7 2nd 3/5 3rd 0/4 4th 0/3
Kibbens wrote:
Still here, just had a hard week. Last couple before finals. Using Fire at Will!

Assuming we still have Wraith with us, you should only be firing one weapon. If you fire both then she has nothing to do.

You also have +2 to hit because of the science officer.


Male Kasathas Soldier 10 | Init: +12 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 35' | SP: 120 / 120, HP: 74 / 74, RP: 9 / 11 | EAC: 30, KAC: 33 [DR 10], CMAC: 41 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +10, Will: +10

Looks like Wraith is MIA for a bit. We should probably just let Kibbens' Fire At Will stand, unless we want to modify his Gravity Gun attack to a '19' on the the attack roll and have someone bot Wraith's attack with the missile launcher. GM, are you good with us doing that?

1 to 50 of 323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Captain's Log, Supplemental... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.