Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

TITAN-ic

Game Master Elsine

Playbooks
Basic moves


501 to 550 of 658 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Sorrel lets out a hoarse laugh. "I'm not injured, no. Slam, Hyla, and I were at the docks." He avoids calling the area cheapside. That wasn't what he called it when he lived there. "We were looking to recruit an empowered engineer. Some gangers showed up, waved a few guns, and Slam and Hyla got spooked and attacked. I lost control of my powers trying to restrain folk. Some got hurt, a few died." He nods toward the door he came out of. "They're saying an old friend might be behind the scenes. Voldemort-type, best not to spread it around if we can, yeah? Don't want folk shook. I may have seen something like that, but I'm not so sure anymore." On the other side of certain doom, Sorrel's managed to pin down a more reasonable perspective on recent events, but he's also lost the feverish vibrancy of his vision.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

I think that it was a really special occasion. I was tempted to do something about some people that Quickman killed but an Omnirangutan freak out seems more easily relatable to current situation. He's an animal with person thoughts and he was turned back into an animal. That's not so far off from Sorrel being pushed into violence with manipulation


Human-ish Level i^64 game master l Team (H): 3, Team(P):2

Kid quickman

That... was not a good day Quickman says

yes... bringing it up... in oranguan culture, that is considered a "dick move" he says However, your logic is not flawed. I agree with you, and will try to convince the others of it.

with Maximus

Scouting them for what, exactly? Maximus says Do you know where they are hiding? their powers, tactics, motives?

Meanwhile, rooting around in his mind, Solmira finds insecurities. despite being in his 40's-ish (maintains a secret identity, no one is sure) his mind is not dissimilar to ta teenagers. the world is changing, heroes falling out of favour. there were always a few people, like the blockbusters. people who fought crime, protected people, but lashed out against the systems in place, but now, they outnumber heroes. he wants to use this harbinger situation to prove that heroes still work and draw more youths toward the traditional model of heroism.

He wants more young heroes to join the fold. do something by tradition, like handing Ava over to the authorities, in costume, and you hold influence.

He won't ever respect Sorrel, he's too far from photogenic, too close to "freak" and "monster". as for you, KQ and Turnabout, he respects you three... the issues with your allies aside. And tox needs to "straighten up and fly right." so to speak.

Turnabout and Sorrel

No, it was one of Dredges Fish-thing. It was too dark for my armour to protect me that deep. Dredge got away. Kendra says. Come with me ma'am, we'll keep you safe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

I'm not thrilled to bring it up, and I can tell that dad's going to take heat for telling me that story...but I also know he'd do worse to protect the Emrald Guardian in a similar situation. Things might be frosty, but he'll understand.

Thank you, sir. Do you need anyone else or can we go back to our dorms and scrub up? It's been a terribly long day.


Male Janus| Danger +2 | Freak -2 | Saviour 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3 | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○

"Well sir, they invited me on an op so to speak. They let me take lead and seem to respond well legitimate strategy. They are a bit reckless and rough," Tox flashes back to the beat up drug dealers (not sure if that'll go over the links "But I think they really do want to help people."

Let's see if he'll go for this...

"I don't know anything about a hideout, and their powers are still a bit vague to know full potential" Partial lie "but I think they can be a great asset to the team. Think about it, getting a group of reckless youths off the streets and doing some legitimate good."

Tox is trying to provoke Maximus into giving express permission to keep in contact with the violent vigilantes.

Provoke: 2d6 + 0 ⇒ (6, 2) + 0 = 8


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

Lios freezes. She'd just torn into someone's mind again, and the shock tore down any mental barriers she'd erected, exposing her feelings to the others once more.
She wasn't even trying to. She didn't think she'd be able to right now. But yet, she did. All it took was an intent to get a read on Maximus, and she'd gone and plucked out all sorts of information in less time than it took to even process that she was doing it.
It was honestly a little...no, positively terrifying how easy it was. The memories of piercing into Genevieve's mind surface, and she becomes painfully aware of the minds around her...more specifically, the lack of boundaries they had. Or...perhaps it was just her inability to feel them? She wasn't sure which would be worse.
They were just there, as easy to reach through as the empty air. Easier, even. She could delve into and analyse them just like it was breathing, instinctually sensing where to go for whatever she wanted, but trying to stay OUT of any given part of a mind went against every instinct she had - and that was if she could tell where to stop before she went there.

A creeping sense of horror and revulsion builds in her mind as she becomes increasingly aware of the nature of her telepathic capabilities. She needed a distraction.

Ricardo? Solmira's mind is an utter mess, and it's blatantly obvious to everyone connected to her. Do you know what Michael told Maximus?


Human-ish Level i^64 game master l Team (H): 3, Team(P):2

KQ

I think your group can call it a night... but send Tox in. Liam and I will get a statement from him, and we can tell Herman we've already had words with him. Quickman says

Tox

They won't be assets to any team worth being on. you need to reember, however charismatic he seems, Wells is an unprepentant murderer, as is Nariaki. Don't trust them. and Look up Audrey Clarke in the Titan villain Database. he says, before moving to fly off

Everyone

Shall we wrap up this scene, and skip ahead to tomorrow morning, and you guys deciding, as a team, what to do, and what leads to pursue?


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

That sounds good to me!


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

~Ai, pobracita, no. We'll work on control together, I promise. It sounds like we both have a lot to prepare for.~ Sorrel's connection to the telepathic network begins sending over illustrations and half-remembered biology lessons. To try and keep Solmira calm while he fishes for more information, he's trying to conceptualize a visor that can separate sight from vision and vision from hallucination. ~I've got an idea of what I might want you to make.~

Sorrel turns to Turnabout as Arcangel leaves them some privacy. "I'm not gonna be the one to insist all this is connected, but I think we're being targeted, yeah. The team wants to present a consolidated front, do you feel comfortable sharing what Mucho Maximus got out of you? I've been running on the truth so far, because I'm backed in a corner."


Protege 1.4 | Danger -2, Freak +2, Savior +1, Superior +2, Mundane +0 | guilty, afraid, insecure | +1 ongoing to getting team in shape

He killed someone? He's way too calm...but now's probably not the time to talk about that.

"I've definitely heard the rumors about that same "friend"...from more than one source." Michael confirms. "So if you think you saw that...I think you're probably right."

When asked about Maximus, Michael replies "Not too much, and mostly the truth. I said that Solmira engaged the villain, but that I didn't see who it was; the first part of that was true, anyway. The woman I brought here was apparently Snowflake's target, but I couldn't figure out what she could've done to make anyone want to kill her."

Fine with wrapping this one up, or closing it out in flashback as needed.


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

Solmira doesn't particularly calm, but you can practically feel her latch on to the concepts being sent, the ideas humming around her mind as she at least tries to pretend she's not a mess right now.
I...I see. A curious idea. It's easily within my means to make such a thing - naturally - but I would need the necessary materials, if this planet can even provide such things that can withstand the techniques applied in my work. Complex concepts drift into perception in the network as Solmira ponders how such a thing would be designed, impossible techniques and rapidly changing schematics coming and going. It all feels distinctly alien, the thought patterns utterly different from those previously displayed by Solmira, let alone everyone else in the link.
A second schematic drifts in and out. It's just as undecipherable as the last, but a feeling of rushing wind accompanies it. That reminds me. I still need a disposable electronic device from you for your other device. Anything will do, since it does not need to last.

As Maximus leaves without questioning her, Solmira finds herself relieved. It was a reprieve.
It also gave an opening to check in on Snowflake.
Solmira's thoughts take a harsher, more closed tone, one more typical of her. I believe the need for this connection has passed, now, and I would rather not see what would happen if I let it persist longer than necessary. You have had your taste of unity. It is time to end it here. Kid Quickman and Tox's minds are disconnected from the link, leaving them alone with their thoughts once more. Sorrel remains connected, but Solmira's mind becomes more distant, thoughts concealed from his perception. Is there anything else, Ricardo?
She pauses for response. Then, she disconnects from him too.
"I have matters of my own to see to. Do as you will." Solmira heads back to her room to check in on Snowflake.

Good to move things forward, and flashback for Snowflake if it ends up being warranted. It's probably about time.


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Over the telepathic link, Sorrel expresses concern. ~Turnabout reported an unrecognized villain, and her target is in our custody. I'll send something your way before I bed down.~


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

Late at night, I slip down to the common room and send a message out on the comms

Meet me in the common room ASAP. We need to talk about everything that happened yesterday and what we're doing about it today.


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Sorrel comes to the common room in a green galaxy-print hoodie and his blanket. He's had a long morning of talks with Dr. Coolridge, making the necessary changes to his dosing regimen, and he's looking morose.

When he reaches one of the tables, he scoots a barstool aside and dumps two pairs of goggles and a portable phone charger / flashlight out of his hoodie pockets so there's room for his hands. He also pulls a bag of cereal from his hood and tears it open to graze.

As he's reaching in to grab a handful, he stops, looks at his hand and the bag, then clicks his tongue. Shaking his head, he continues eating anyway, shuffling over to a dispenser to grab some napkins.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

Hey Sorrel...how are you doing?


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

When KQ speaks up, Sorrel becomes a tiny fountain of cereal as the shock causes him to jolt upright. "Sorry, I didn't see you there." He looks around at the mess he's made and sighs, raking his free hand through his hair.

He looks back up with a weak smile. "I'm not in a cell. Other than that, I'll just have to take things one step at a time... Takes me a little longer, what with the legs." He gives a sweeping gesture and stamps his hooves in sequence. This punchline seems practiced, and forced.


Male Janus| Danger +2 | Freak -2 | Saviour 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3 | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○

Tox enters the room quietly, his gait a mixture of tired and hesitant, like a kid who had been called into their parent's room for a lecture. At school, he was a loner, and the only people Tox really respected was his team. He had always seen himself as an equal, someone who could keep heroics on point and with few mistakes.

But today had been a doozy.

His spider silk mask irritated his left cheek and Tox was currently debating whether to take it off and ruin his months of rigorous work, or endure it for a while longer.

Nodding a silent greeting, Tox remains by the door, leaning against the wall in case he felt like he needed to leave quickly.

"So....we needed to talk, right?" he asks to both, but his eyes focus on KQ.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

I smile at Tox, glad he made it. I was worried he’d bail.

Lets wait for everyone to get here. We all need to talk and figure out what we’re doing next.


Protege 1.4 | Danger -2, Freak +2, Savior +1, Superior +2, Mundane +0 | guilty, afraid, insecure | +1 ongoing to getting team in shape

Michael shows up, in a solid red t-shirt and jeans. "Hey.". He paces the room, seemingly unable to stand still. After a moment he asks "Anyone heard from Solmira?"


Male Janus| Danger +2 | Freak -2 | Saviour 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3 | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○

Tox nods, and turns as Turnabout enters.

"Haven't seen her since last. That mind thing though, that new?"


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

"It started after the hostage call at the mayor's. That first pulse was a strong one..." Sorrel is still worrying over the mess of cereal he's made on the floor. He pops another handful of colored puffs in his mouth and stuffs the bag in his hood, kneeling to pick up the pieces and throw them in the bin.


Human-ish Level i^64 game master l Team (H): 3, Team(P):2

I can't believe I forgot about snowflake.

Solmira

when you get back to your room, you find the window open, with shards of ice forming handholds. the note you left her is upside down on the bed, with the words I'm sorry, but I can't fail him again. Please just let me do this.

Give Michael my regards. I hope he didn't get hurt.
Ava


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

...Lios sighs as she takes in the scene, looking altogether a bit miserable.
She reads over the note a few times before eventually hiding it away, then heads over to the window to clear away the ice.

As time passes, she doesn't end up checking if Ricardo actually sent anything. It was too dark to power anything she made properly. And that aside...she wasn't in the mood to work on anything.
Better to leave it til later.

------------

There's a thud in the halls leading up to the common room, and a sense of misery briefly follows it. A few moments later, faltering steps lead into an approximation of a confident stride as Solmira walks into the room, fully dressed in the same extravagant red and gold attire she was in back when she first went to her room. The only thing missing is the scarf.
She takes a seat, and looks over everyone else with an indifferent gaze. Her fingers drum on her table with a slow, even rhythm. "Well? I don't see what you could be waiting for."


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

I give Lios my warmest possible smile. Glad you all came. I was worried that after last night we wouldn’t want anything to do with each other. Turnabout, I know you’re our leader, and I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but I think we need to talk, make sure we have the same goals and make sure we understand each other’s powers. I nearly got myself killed yesterday because I didn’t understand what Tox can do, for example.


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Sorrel walks a tight circle to turn around, collecting his items from the table before he senses Solmira's mood. His hesitation gives KQ the opening to start the team meeting. He turns to Turnabout, waiting for him or someone else to pick up the conversation thread, turning the flashlight in his hand and considering how best to approach Solmira.


Human-ish Level i^64 game master l Team (H): 3, Team(P):2

A reminder of extant plot hooks,

  • Calamity and DarqSoul snuck into Halcyon without anyone, including GM, noticing
  • people have been disappearing from the docks... they suspect the Blockbusters or Tox.
  • Harbinger is in town, and the adults are trying desperately to find and defeat him.
  • The Blockbusters are trying to recruit Tox, might approach more of you, or have aproached other TITAN reidents. The paragons want them arrested.
  • The choir is routinely upstaging you guys.
  • Lios' people know where she is, and may well be coming to get her. and
  • Ava/Snowflake is out there, and intent upon murder for unspecified reasons. likely going to try to kill the woman in TITAN custody.


Human-ish Level i^64 game master l Team (H): 3, Team(P):2

Oh yeah, and The Toads (drug dealing gang in the industrial district) had a breifcase from a pawnshop Sanford and Sons with half a million in it ($100.000 of which is on the steps of some charity).


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

That's...a lot of open threads


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Thinking of the metagame, I as a player think we should focus on the small-fry docks/Blockbusters hooks in the hopes of contributing to the Harbinger mess without directly searching for them. I don't know much about the first or last hooks.


Protege 1.4 | Danger -2, Freak +2, Savior +1, Superior +2, Mundane +0 | guilty, afraid, insecure | +1 ongoing to getting team in shape

====Earlier====

Shortly after the group splits up for the night, Solmira's communicator beeps. What happened with Snowflake? Did you get her to Dr. Coolridge?

Don't necessarily need to play this out for very long - if/how Solmira answers will affect Michael's attitude though.

====Group Meeting====

Michael snorts a little when he's referred to as the group's leader, and waves off Quentin's half-apology. "Didn't do so great at that yesterday."

He scans the room. I shouldn't push Ricardo right now. Quentin's fine. Solmira... He settles his gaze on Tox. "So...What exactly happened yesterday?"

Michael's going to want to track down Snowflake, but on his own. As a group, following up on "Harbinger is using dockside thugs" sounds like a good idea to me, could be persuaded otherwise.


Male Janus| Danger +2 | Freak -2 | Saviour 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3 | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○

Tox stays silent for a moment, letting the question hang in the air. Eventually, he takes a breath and speaks.

"You guys remember when I asked around for any sort of side job? That wasn't a random thing. I'm doing my best to keep my hero and private life separate, but I still bills and obligations."

Alright, whiny private life stuff is out there.

"So when I was approached by the Blockbusters, I thought one job would be alright. I convinced myself that it'd be okay and I'd be doing some good while getting paid. It felt like a real gut punch after the job was done, so I dumped my share at a local charity and went home. I still think I had a good influence on those guys, that they don't have to be delinquent vigilantes, but yeah, doesn't change what I did."

He looks to Kid Quickman.

"As for my powers, you know that I can produce venom in my body. It takes a lot of precision, but I can affect the body chemistry by altering the venom composition. Its the difference between making someone have a constricting bladder to get them to leave a guard post, or to just knock them out for an hour."


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

Thanks, Tox. I think we have a good chance of turning them to our side before Maximus locks them up.

I take a plastic knife from the container of utensils. As for me, you all know about the whirlwind and the phasing, but... I slice my palm open with the knife. It’s healed almost before I finish cutting. I also regenerate. Dad doesn’t do that, but my sister and I both do. He doesn’t know. No one but you guys do.


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

When the message came:
Lios notes the communicator going off. It would be tempting to leave it...but that would be irresponsible.
As she checks and sees the message, uncomfortable feelings churn inside her. She'd enabled Ava's getaway, and had nothing to show for it. For all they were to be cohesive in this matter, she'd failed to act in true unison with Michael. And thus, this failure.
There was no point attempting to conceal what had happened. She would just need to be careful not to word what happened poorly.

She's escaped. I had believed Maximus's arrival was imminent, and I lacked the knowledge of Ms. Coolridge's location, so she was left unconscious in a location where she would not have been stumbled upon. By the time I had returned to check on her, she was absent.
I can tell you she sends her regards and hopes you were not harmed, and 'can't fail him again', whoever 'he' is. Similarly, she still seems to feel a pressing need to continue what she is doing. Her location and full motivations, however, are unknown. Be vigilant.

...that would do.

Solmira doesn't quite know how to react to the smile Quentin gives her. She certainly didn't get smiles like that normally. She was certain she wasn't supposed to. It was unfamilar to her, and honestly, it made her uncomfortable.
She had an identity to maintain, and it was evident she'd damaged it today. She needed to fix that before she lost it altogether.
Cold indifference radiates from Solmira as she gives an affected sigh. "It was about time. I was wondering how long it would take for you to realise how chaotic this arrangement was."

Her hand stops drumming on the table to instead grasp it. "As you should well know, I am capable of flight, as well as manipulating solar energy." Pushing her power through it, she lightens the table, and lifts it one-handed. "If you have paid closer attention, you may be able to note I am capable of manipulating the density of items I am in contact with." She sets the table back down and returns it to normal. "It is not permanent, but it is somewhat lasting."
"As of recent, however, I have acquired psionic capabilities, as most if not all of you ought to be aware of. It is something my kind are naturally capable of, but in my case these abilities have revealed themselves in advance of what is typical for my peers. So far, they have manifested primarily in the ability to initiate telepathic interactions with others, but the full extent of what I am now capable of will naturally reveal itself with time."

Eyebrow raised, Solmira looks between Sorrel and Turnabout. "One of you is next to elaborate on what you are capable of. Who is it to be?"


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

"I-" Sorrel's voice cracks immediately. His gaze shoots to the floor, and the scattered cereal. "I can control plants- make them grow, make them move... but I can't make them do something they can't normally do. It's... easier?- for me to do it outside, and impossible in a clean place, like a lab." Sorrel glances at Tox. "Eh, I wouldn't call it a power, but I also sweat a psy-cho-tropic?- vapor. I take medicine that lowers it's e-evaporation point, so it is usually an oil. That was my first sym- er... ability. Now, I also have an extra eye. I think it shows me hidden things. Dr. Coolidge is still testing it. I can see through cards, it's kinda cool... Oh,
and the, eh, obvious, I guess.
" He indicates his horns and tail end.


Protege 1.4 | Danger -2, Freak +2, Savior +1, Superior +2, Mundane +0 | guilty, afraid, insecure | +1 ongoing to getting team in shape

Michael relaxes somewhat after Tox says his piece. I can't really throw stones... Snowflake's on the loose, for similar reasons, and that's on me.

Michael nods at the rest. "My body reacts to neo-abled powers, and mimics them. It only works on bio, not tech, and only one thing at a time. And I have to be affected by something to mimic it. So if I ask you to hit me with a power, that's why."


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

As Michael finishes, Solmira simply turns her gaze onto Quentin as her fingers start to drum the table again. She gives a condescending look, as if to say 'Go on then. Now what?'


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Sorrel senses the distance in the group, and pipes in. "Sharing our abilities is good and all, but... I think we should say something more personal... about ourselves. Who we are, why we fight, why this is important. Assets and Intel, it's... Dehumanizing."

"I just want to help, and keep people alive. I don't accept the whole hero/villain thing, yeah? I spent a lot of time on the wrong side of a couple tall fences," He glances at Turnabout, then KQ, "I really feel for anyone who can't see themselves fitting in. I spend my service learning credits in the med wing, even though it makes me sick, and hijole! Quicky, you gotta tell me where you got that sub because it was glorious!" He laughs, and a tension in his shoulders relaxes.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

I give a “fair enough” hand wave to Sorrel. I wasn’t trying to dehumanize anyone, but yeah, personal works too, I guess. I’m in this because I was raised to do this. It’s my whole identity. I honestly don’t have anything else in my life, and I have no other prospects outside of this. I couldn’t lead a normal life if I wanted to.


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

As Sorrel speaks up, Solmira's fingers stop drumming the table, and her arms fold as the feeling of indifference she's radiating slightly intensifies. The glow of her eyes wavers ever so slightly as her posture closes.

It only gets worse as Quentin follows on. She starts subtly digging her thumbnail into her fingers as an apathetic mask sets in.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

As for the sub, I picked up the “meat” from the fancy grocery store, Turnabout got the sauce and bread from tunnel bus. It seems so long ago that our biggest worry was that you might be left out from our dinner plans...

I look to Solmira. Do you want to share at all? It’s ok if you’re too scared.

provoke: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8

Sol, take a condition if you don’t share.


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

Solmira swiftly glares at Quentin, harsh gaze lancing through him. "...truly? This is how you're proceeding? You would patronise me?"
It was entirely possible she was projecting, but hell if she knew that.
"Fine, then. If you are so insistent." She gives an exasperated sigh, shakes her head, and tries to make sure her displeasure wasn't interpreted as anything accurate to her current situation. "In all honesty? This was not a profession that I was looking to follow when I decided to come here. I simply came to acquire things I was not able to find at my home - as few as they may be." She gives a brief, cold, and empty laugh. "I merely went this route because it proved to be an efficient route to them. Or perhaps, I should say it meant I would have the least obstruction to deal with as I sought what I desired."

"Is that to your satisfaction? Or would you rather I continue to indulge this unnecessary affair?"
Solmira's nail starts to really drive in, and the indifference takes a forceful, wavering edge. This was pathetic. She knew it was, and she honestly felt terrible that she was undermining part of the purpose of all this. She was dragging this down into chaos and negativity, and it would have never happened on Celdimeravi. There was no good reason for it.
Things just felt so close to fragmentation right now. So, so very close.

Marking Afraid, since she's still holding back.
No intention of drawing this out longer. Keep pushing, point things out, whatever - she'll crack if you push at her personals, though that might be messy before she opens up. It just didn't feel natural to me for her to spill quite so simply - in front of everyone, no less.
Agh. Not sure how I manage to get Solmira to this point, but I really need to get her to where she fits the flow better instead of being constantly disruptive.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

What do you think it would take to get Solmira to be more cooperative? She’s already down to zero Superior so you’d think she’d be less haughty. I’m open to working with you to help get her to the emotional/functional place you want her to be. I think part of the problem is that some of the team (especially Q) remind her of what she hates about her home planet, so if there’s something he can say or do, lmk.


Male Janus| Danger +2 | Freak -2 | Saviour 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3 | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○

Tox wasn't expecting deeper sharing than intel, but somwhere along the way he forgot that these folks were his.....friends? Were they friends? No one knew about his identity except Sorrel, but even he was kept at a distance.

Solmira looked like she was close to breaking, or breaking something so stepping in now would be best.
"I have these powers, however dark and dangerous, but I wanted to help out. I keep my ordinary life separate because I don't want the people on that side, the people who don't know what I do in my spare time to get hurt. But....I've been fighting my entire life trying to prove I had a choice in things, that my actions had agency. I guess it's selfish in a way..."


Transformed □□□■■|●●●○○ | Danger:±0 | Freak:+1 | Savior:+1 | Superior:-1 | Mundane:+2 | hopeless

Sorrel looks between Kid Quickman's and Solmira. These were the last two the centaur wanted to see in conflict. A few steps forward, and the words start tumbling out. "Hey, hey, hey. I'ma let you finish, Tox, but none of us wants to be here. Believe me. Maybe Turnabout. I don't know his deal, but the rest of us were put here. By our parents, by the capes, by... Circumstance. You," Sorrel points at Solmira, chose to be here, storming in with purpose, and attitude, and maybe you didn't find what you were looking for, but you've gotta stop acting like that's your fault. The only thing I've seen crack your perfect execution is your own expectations. You're better than that. If you want to know why you haven't been perfect, it's not you, it's Earth. This place isn't perfect. I thought that's why you came here."

Support: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 2 = 10

"You wanna learn something from us? Start blaming the world. -because it gets in the way. -because it's not fair. -because we can't do what we need to if we carry every mistake."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

Huh. I started writing out this big ooc thing to KQ, and then Sorrel posts and starts poking the just the right buttons for me to act on what I wanted to do.

Solmira starts to relax, and then cringes harshly once Tox mentions agency.
And then, as Sorrel starts talking, his words hammer away at her in the sore spots exposed by the words of everyone before. Each word building her image up was something she would have lapped up normally. But now?
It was painful. It really was. And that cold, empty laugh sounds again as she finishes processing the centaur's words.
"I am not perfect, Ricardo. Perfect isn't completely reliant on this institution for shelter, nor for the money required to acquire most things on this planet. Perfect doesn't struggle immensely with the written word, despite spending great amounts of time attempting to comprehend it. Perfect does not exhaust itself on a long, reckless, and ill-planned flight before falling unconscious during atmospheric entry and awakening several days later in an unknown location, in the care of a medical practitioner present to treat issues that could have very easily been avoided." Her expression falls, and her eyes dim. "The first thing I do for myself, and I mess it up."

A few seconds pass, and her eyes widen. Her gaze passes over everyone present for what she said, and she freezes. Any pretence is stripped away, and in its place is blatant fear and a look like the world has crashed down around her. She tries to school her expression into something distant and composed, but the facade just looks fragile and dishonest. "W-why I agreed to travel with those incompetent fools i-is beyond me."

In case you're interested, what I was writing is below. Also, take Influence on me if you don't have it already.

What I was writing:
At this point, it's less haughtiness, and more keeping up appearances. Solmira's got issues, and one of them is conflating image with identity. The secrecy and a@@!#%$ry was because that b*&+%y presentation gives her something she can assume is her, and she doesn't have a clue what's there without it, if anything at all. She refuses to let that facade be broken down, and that means not outing anything that would shatter it to ANYONE.
...it needs breaking down though, naturally. It's unhealthy, and the way she clings to it after managing to tell home where she was so she could feel like she still had something to show for coming here proved an unexpected obstacle to development as I let her play out.
There we go. As for the question of 'what it would take' I was going to answer, the hope was completely and utterly stripping away Solmira's facade. With it gone, the reason for her crazy behaviour and the main motivator for secrecy goes, and the opening to really start to delve into what I was interested in doing with Lios is created.
Probably starting with my second team move, when an appropriate moment came.
So, yeah. Sorrel gave me an opening to get started on tearing it down without making a massive, overdramatic mess, and I took it. Now I just want to get this out of the way so we can get moving again, albeit while attempting to display what was underneath all that. That'll probably involve pushing her a little more at this point.
I'd be admittedly, rather enthusiastic to talk about what I'm trying to do with Solmira so everyone has a better idea of what I'm doing (or to talk with you all about your character ideas/questions/whatever for that matter), but for now, sleep. Dear god, sleepy-time is NOT a good time for a bout of acute indigestion. It's the reason I'm up and rambling now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Janus| Danger +2 | Freak -2 | Saviour 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3 | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○

I just noticed you have four conditions....Wow.

Tox is shocked by Somira's revelation. If anyone would have everything together, it would be the really powerful telekinetic alien. Apparently, he had been out of touch with the team long enough that he missed really important things like this.

Comfort and Support Solmira: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10
Adding a team to the pool?

"Solmira...I had no idea." Tox moves from his easy-exit area and approaches her.

"You know, you don't have to do this alone. I mean, I thought I had to do things alone with my situation, but we're a team. Maybe we've forgotten that, but we're young. We'll all make mistakes time and time again, and no amount superpowers are going to make that easier. But when times are tough, we can come together."

Tox turns the others.

"Right guys?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Protege 1.4 | Danger -2, Freak +2, Savior +1, Superior +2, Mundane +0 | guilty, afraid, insecure | +1 ongoing to getting team in shape

Michael offers a sympathetic look to Solmira, and nods at Tox's response.  "Hey, if life was supposed to be easy, we wouldn't need schools.  Or hospitals.  Or teams, for that matter."

"As for me...Ricardo's right, I am here by choice.  When I first found out I had powers, it was awesome, right?  Best thing ever when you're 10.  I came for the fun. If anyone had told me then how much work it would be, I might've skipped out, ended up like the Blockbusters or worse.  Now, though...it just feels good, what we do.  Try to do."


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

My face falls. I had no idea that Solmira lost people on her journey here. I don't think anyone did.

[b]Lios, I'm...I'm so sorry. I had no idea.

Did lashing out at Lios hurt her enough to clear my angry condition? I'll need it gone to comfort her after being a jerk to her


Female Outsider | Danger 0 | Freak 0 | Saviour 1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 2 | Afraid, Guilty, Insecure | ○●Potential●○ --- ○○○○○ | 2 Advancements | Current Advice: Trust and depend on others, and let them know about me

Interesting conclusion you drew, KQ.
You lashed out at her? I...didn't actually notice. I'm not sure if that's more telling of what you've done or just myself.
It's probably not enough if I was completely clueless about it.
The name "Lios" is one she's made a point of not letting anyone know, and it's one you'd definitely earn a reaction from using. It's not something she'd have shared with anyone, in or out of the team. There are probably ways you could have learned it, but it sure as hell wouldn't be from her - I just want to be clear on that.
I'll post soon enough. I've just had my focus elsewhere.


Male Legacy |Dan: -2|Fre: 0|Sav: 3|Sup: 1|Mun: 1| Angry, Insecure | Potential: 0/5 1 advancement

I'm sorry! I thought her real name was common knowledge. Q definitely doesn't know her name if she hasn't shared it. And yeah, I used provoked her on Friday and that lead to you taking afraid. I don't know if that counts or if Q is still pissed off. If he is, he's useless for making her feel any better.

501 to 550 of 658 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TITANic Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.