Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

TCD's Metal Gear Rising(Runelords)

Game Master ThatCanadianDude

Runelords are rising. What you gonna do about it?


201 to 239 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

Egil lowers his axe as it becomes clear there are no more enemies.

He laughs heartily at Bogan's song, though he cringes a bit with the others. When Bogan reaches the line about him, he says "One or two? I killed two, plus the dog!" he boasts with a loud laugh. "But join me for a drink this evening, and I will do your song a great honor by singing it myself!"

Seeing no more battle to be had, Egil walks toward the nobleman. "A fine-looking canine, but do not mourn his loss. He has died with great honor in battle, and a finer death none of us could wish for."

Liberty's Edge

As the words of comfort came, Aldern slowly rose up. "Yes... Pepper was a good dog... she wouldn't want me to be sad..."

He turned back to the crowd. "Well... I do believe a reward is in order for saving me. But I don't wish to simply give you money, as I feel that would be an insult to your skills..."

After thinking for a moment, he snapped his fingers. "I know! I am planning to remain in town a few days more before heading on. If you are all willing, I would like you to join me in a hunt on one of the following days. My treat."


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"One or two? I killed two, plus the dog!" he boasts with a loud laugh. "But join me for a drink this evening, and I will do your song a great honor by singing it myself!"

"Forgive me if I insulted ya, mate," Bogan chuckled as he put his stuff away. "Had a tough time coming up with words that rhymed. To show no ill will, first shout's on me."

When his shield was secured​ to his back, Bogan watched as the man mourned his dog. It wasn't a pretty sight, especially since Bogan was an animal lover himself.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

As the words of comfort came, Aldern slowly rose up. "Yes... Pepper was a good dog... she wouldn't want me to be sad..."

He turned back to the crowd. "Well... I do believe a reward is in order for saving me. But I don't wish to simply give you money, as I feel that would be an insult to your skills..."

After thinking for a moment, he snapped his fingers. "I know! I am planning to remain in town a few days more before heading on. If you are all willing, I would like you to join me in a hunt on one of the following days. My treat."

While he was slightly disappointed that he wasn't getting gold for their efforts, a hunt sounded interesting.

"A hunt, huh? What would we hunting and would the hunt be for bragging rights or eating?"


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker

Trisha did her best to feign a look of sympathy. She never had a pet of her own, and couldn't understand the man's concern. He was alive, and he certainly didn't seem so destitute that he couldn't replace it with another. Her new associates seemed to give him the perspective he needed, and seemed ready to reward them.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

He turned back to the crowd. "Well... I do believe a reward is in order for saving me. But I don't wish to simply give you money, as I feel that would be an insult to your skills..."

After thinking for a moment, he snapped his fingers. "I know! I am planning to remain in town a few days more before heading on. If you are all willing, I would like you to join me in a hunt on one of the following days. My treat."

The mesmerist's thoughts immediately drifted to a polite refusal. She had just spent days in the wilderness by herself, her desires to return there were minimal in the face of the delights that may have been hiding in town, and she wasn't one for hunting anyway. Still, she found it hard to resist an offer that was all-expenses-paid... and her father had taught her to never overlook a potential mark... especially a rich one.

"I'm sure I can find a place in my schedule for it, Mr. Aldern."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina shrugged. "I've never been hunting before, and I don't think I'd be particularly good at it, but I'm willing to give it a try. What sort of game does one hunt around here?"


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

Anca frowns as she watches Aldern mourn the loss of his pet. We all experience loss in some form or another... She brings a hand to her face, lightly touching the jagged scar running down her cheek. A long moment passes before her mind's eye returns to the present.

Anca brightens visibly at the mention of a hunt. Some sort of recreation would do wonders after they finish sorting out this mess. "A bit of sport would do wonders for the soul." She simply adds, since all of the important questions had already been asked by the other fighters.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3
Quote:
"A hunt, huh? What would we hunting and would the hunt be for bragging rights or eating?"

"Hopefully, both!" Egil smiles.

"I would be glad to join you and show you the skill my people have with all variety of weaponry," the Ulfen man boasts.

"But for now, we should ensure the town is safe."

Egil takes a moment to search the dead goblins. "I don't expect we will find much of value, but perhaps there is a clue as to what they are doing here..."


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10

A hunt? Ugh... "Your offer is appreciated, but I need a bit of distance from the goblin corpses before I'll be in my right mind to give you an appropriate response," Ven says instead, and adds quietly as an aside, "I need a drink...

Liberty's Edge

Sabina Fueges wrote:

"I've never been hunting before, and I don't think I'd be particularly good at it, but I'm willing to give it a try. What sort of game does one hunt around here?"

Bogan Canis wrote:
"A hunt, huh? What would we hunting and would the hunt be for bragging rights or eating?"
Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Hopefully, both!" Egil smiles.

"You are quite right!" Aldern responded. "The local Tickwood is famous for its plentiful boars. They're vicious, but delicious!"

Ven Nicolae wrote:
"Your offer is appreciated, but I need a bit of distance from the goblin corpses before I'll be in my right mind to give you an appropriate response."

Aldern turned to Ven once again. "Oh, but of course. I wasn't saying we should all go hunting right now. I am certain you'll all need rest after what has occurred."

He turned back to the entire crowd. "I am staying at a local establishment called the Rusty Dragon. If you care to take me up on my offer, you can find me there tomorrow afternoon. I may also have something else for your efforts."

Egil Forkbeard wrote:

"But for now, we should ensure the town is safe."

Egil takes a moment to search the dead goblins. "I don't expect we will find much of value, but perhaps there is a clue as to what they are doing here..."

Searching the dead goblins yielded little but their cheaply made scrap weapons and armor that was too small for anyone. However, as luck would have it, the commando had been carrying a single Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds that his quick death had left him without the time to drink.

Aldern gave everyone a smile. "I do hope to see you all tomorrow, he added before turning to Ven once more. "Even if you don't wish to join me, I would be most gracious if I could see you again so I could thank you properly."

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard," another voice came in. Ameiko Kaijitsu approached, splatters of blood on herself and her shamisen, approached. "I was actually just about to offer these fine folks a free week at the Rusty Dragon as a reward for their efforts. This town could use more heroes."


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
"You are quite right!" Aldern responded. "The local Tickwood is famous for its plentiful boars. They're vicious, but delicious!"

'Ooo~ Ripper~!' Bogan thought to himself, imagining how good the meat could turn out if they were sucessful.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Ven Nicolae wrote:
"Your offer is appreciated, but I need a bit of distance from the goblin corpses before I'll be in my right mind to give you an appropriate response."

Aldern turned to Ven once again. "Oh, but of course. I wasn't saying we should all go hunting right now. I am certain you'll all need rest after what has occurred."

He turned back to the entire crowd. "I am staying at a local establishment called the Rusty Dragon. If you care to take me up on my offer, you can find me there tomorrow afternoon. I may also have something else for your efforts."

Aldern gave everyone a smile. "I do hope to see you all tomorrow, he added before turning to Ven once more. "Even if you don't wish to join me, I would be most gracious if I could see you again so I could thank you properly."

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard," another voice came in. Ameiko Kaijitsu approached, splatters of blood on herself and her shamisen, approached. "I was actually just about to offer these fine folks a free week at the Rusty Dragon as a reward for their efforts. This town could use more heroes."

The fighter's smile couldn't get any bigger when he heard the news. "Strewth! I finally get to sleep in a nice warm bed for a change!" He exclaimed before coughing a bit and regaining some composure. "Awfully kind of you to save me from breaking out the matilda tonight, ma'am. If you'd like me to earn my keep through an odd job though, let me at it. Better we both benefit from this than just one of us."


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
"Well, that shouldn't be too hard," another voice came in. Ameiko Kaijitsu approached, splatters of blood on herself and her shamisen, approached. "I was actually just about to offer these fine folks a free week at the Rusty Dragon as a reward for their efforts. This town could use more heroes."

Trisha's mood visibly brightened upon seeing the Tian woman. "Your free food saved my stomach from emptiness, and now your hospitality has saved me from a week on the streets. Miss Ameiko, you truly are heaven-sent~" she praised. "But as exciting as the blood-splattered look is, it isn't the most sanitary fashion choice. Hang on..." She takes a moment to collect herself, then focuses on making the blood and grime coating her disappear.

Casting Prestidigitation to clean up all the blood

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

Egil thanks the innkeeper for the offer of lodging.

"This town is getting better and better," he says. "Free lodging while I spin some tales and sagas will help me earn enough coin to make it back to my people," he says. "I will miss the entire raiding season if I am not back soon!"

He examines the potion he has found.

"Does anyone feel a greater claim to this than I, or should I hang onto it?" he says with potion held aloft.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina let out a sigh of relief upon seeing another survivor, and stepped forward to thank Ameiko.

"I'm glad to see you're alright; were the other chefs able to escape as well? What about the priest? I've been looking for survivors but it seems that these poor souls are beyond our help."

Liberty's Edge

Bogan Canis wrote:
The fighter's smile couldn't get any bigger when he heard the news. "Strewth! I finally get to sleep in a nice warm bed for a change!" He exclaimed before coughing a bit and regaining some composure. "Awfully kind of you to save me from breaking out the matilda tonight, ma'am. If you'd like me to earn my keep through an odd job though, let me at it. Better we both benefit from this than just one of us."

Ameiko grinned. "You want to earn your keep? Then I say join this man on his hunt. A good sized boar would make dinner for everyone at the Rusty Dragon, patrons and employees alike."

Sabina Fueges wrote:
"I'm glad to see you're alright; were the other chefs able to escape as well? What about the priest? I've been looking for survivors but it seems that these poor souls are beyond our help."

Ameiko nodded. "Far as I can tell, most of the folks at the festival got away safely. The Sheriff and his men are cracking down on what few goblins remain, and Father Zantus is pretty much the only reason several folks are still breathing right now."

She turned to look at the few civilians lost in the fight. "I want to say it's a good thing that we only lost, far as I can tell, less then 30 people, but even one poor soul lost to this is one too many."


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Does anyone feel a greater claim to this than I, or should I hang onto it?" he says with potion held aloft.

"I won't argue." the mesmerist responded. 'You're probably well-suited for the role of pack mule, anyway. she thought to herself.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
She turned to look at the few civilians lost in the fight. "I want to say it's a good thing that we only lost, far as I can tell, less then 30 people, but even one poor soul lost to this is one too many."

"Best to not dwell on the negatives, darling. We did everything we could. And in doing so, we prevented greater calamity." After Trisha finished her work on Ameiko, she turned her attention to cleaning everyone else of the battle's gunk and grime with her magic. "That, in of itself, is something worth celebrating."


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Does anyone feel a greater claim to this than I, or should I hang onto it?" he says with potion held aloft.

The fighter looked back at Egil and responded "Fine by me. Better someone has it in case someone else needs it later."

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Ameiko grinned. "You want to earn your keep? Then I say join this man on his hunt. A good sized boar would make dinner for everyone at the Rusty Dragon, patrons and employees alike."

Bogan gave a great belly laugh before answering her. "You got it. Consider that boar cleanly killed and ready to have an apple stuffed in its mouth."

Sabina Fueges wrote:

Sabina let out a sigh of relief upon seeing another survivor, and stepped forward to thank Ameiko.

"I'm glad to see you're alright; were the other chefs able to escape as well? What about the priest? I've been looking for survivors but it seems that these poor souls are beyond our help."

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

Ameiko nodded. "Far as I can tell, most of the folks at the festival got away safely. The Sheriff and his men are cracking down on what few goblins remain, and Father Zantus is pretty much the only reason several folks are still breathing right now."

She turned to look at the few civilians lost in the fight. "I want to say it's a good thing that we only lost, far as I can tell, less then 30 people, but even one poor soul lost to this is one too many."

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
"Best to not dwell on the negatives, darling. We did everything we could. And in doing so, we prevented greater calamity." After Trisha finished her work on Ameiko, she turned her attention to cleaning everyone else of the battle's gunk and grime with her magic. "That, in of itself, is something worth celebrating."

Hearing the number lost brought down Bogan's mood a bit. "We may have done good this time... but I think we can all do better if sh*t like this happens again." He replied, seeing the blood and grime get off his armor and shield, making them look like before battle started.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

"Less than thirty?!" Egil states in dismay. "Those are massive losses! There must have been a much bigger raiding party than I had thought. This will be a time of great mourning for this town," he says, his dreams of entertaining happy throngs deflating in an instant.

Placing the head of his greataxe in the dirt between his feet with resignation, he says "What can I do to help?"


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Ameiko grinned. "You want to earn your keep? Then I say join this man on his hunt. A good sized boar would make dinner for everyone at the Rusty Dragon, patrons and employees alike."

"Of course, right. Well, it's only fair; I thank you for your generosity, and I'd be glad to repay it, however much I might be able to help in a boar hunt." Hearing the number of deaths only makes her more determined to get a drink. Fecking. Goblins.

Liberty's Edge

Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"What can I do to help?"

Amieko turned to Egil and shook her head. "You six have already done more than enough. I think you should rest. Leave the... unfortunate act of clean-up to Gorvi and his men, and the looking into of things to the Sheriff. I'm certain we'll have a better idea of what happened soon enough."

As there is not much else specific to do at this point, if folks have something they would like to do in Sandpoint, now would be the time. A little free time until the next day rumbles around.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Amieko turned to Egil and shook her head. "You six have already done more than enough. I think you should rest. Leave the... unfortunate act of clean-up to Gorvi and his men, and the looking into of things to the Sheriff. I'm certain we'll have a better idea of what happened soon enough."

Hearing that, Bogan put a hand to his chin and tried to come up with his next more. "I suppose since you mentioned Father Zantus healing earlier, he's probably gonna be busy tending to the injured for a bit. Guess that means my matters with him and a tour of the temple are delayed." He sighed the last bit before picking himself back up. "Still, that means I'm free to get pissed, try to skull the Hagfish, or both. Anyone want to join me?"


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

Anca eyes Bogan and considers his request, "Hmmm, well I've already got a room at the Rusty Dragon... But I guess a little change of scenery couldn't hurt." She shakes some of the road dust out of her cloak, and does a quick personal inventory to ensure she wasn't missing anything, "And if you plan on doing the Hagfish Challenge or whatever it is, that I would certainly love to see. Please, lead the way." She gestures for Bogan to proceed and takes up a quick stride beside him.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

The day had not gone exactly how Egil had thought it would, though he still felt the excitement of the recent combat.

"Don't try the Hagfish," the skald admonishes, "unless you fancy an evening of vomiting. Normally I would be happy to join you, but something is not sitting right with me. This goblin attack seems unlike their kind. Still, perhaps a drink would clear my mind," he says with a shrug and follows after Bogan and Anca.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina turned away from the bodies of the slain with a somber look. "I may be able to lend Father Zantus some assistance with the healing; where are they taking the injured?" she asks Ameiko.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
Anca Covanu wrote:
"Hmmm, well I've already got a room at the Rusty Dragon... But I guess a little change of scenery couldn't hurt. And if you plan on doing the Hagfish Challenge or whatever it is, that I would certainly love to see. Please, lead the way." She gestures for Bogan to proceed and takes up a quick stride beside him.
Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Don't try the Hagfish," the skald admonishes, "unless you fancy an evening of vomiting. Normally I would be happy to join you, but something is not sitting right with me. This goblin attack seems unlike their kind. Still, perhaps a drink would clear my mind," he says with a shrug and follows after Bogan and Anca.

Bogan smiles at Anca's encouragement and chuckles at Egil's words as he lead the way. "Try it already, Egil? Shame you couldn't stomach it. Then again, not many can. While I don't know if I can make the cut either, I've been preparing for this ever since I first heard about it when I was a nipper. At the very least, I can see just how far my training has taken me."

Liberty's Edge

Sabina Fueges wrote:
Sabina turned away from the bodies of the slain with a somber look. "I may be able to lend Father Zantus some assistance with the healing; where are they taking the injured?" she asks Ameiko.

Ameiko turned and pointed down the road. "We don't have a hospital or anything in town, so Father Zantus has opened the temple up as a temporary clinic. I'm sure he'd welcome the help."

As anyone walked through the city, the after affects of the raid could be seen. While the occasional civilian or animal corpse could be seen, most of the dead where of the small, greenish persuasion. Most folks had gone home, but a few wandered the streets in search of lost loved ones. Here and there, the aftermath of small fires fires could be seen.

Standing in the square, commanding a team of disheveled lookng individual in picking up corpses was the portly half-Orc.


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10

Ven follows the group to get a drink, and as she walks, she composes words in head to be written down later. Better not drink too much, at least not before I get this all written down.

As they pass the bodies, Ven feels a little sick without the adrenaline to muffle her senses. The stench of death is the worst part. She averts her eyes and breathes through her mouth, but it only does so much.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

"Thank you, Ameiko. I'll see you all tomorrow morning; I imagine I'll have a long night ahead of me."

Sabina jogged through the town towards the temple, keeping her eyes open for any injured who were left behind on her way over. She had intended to visit the temple after the festival regardless, as she needed to speak with Father Zantus, but this was hardly the time for her problems, so she kept those to herself and simply asked him where she might be of the most use.

Sabina isn't actually trained in Heal, but she has 3 1st level spell slots left, and can cast Cure Light Wounds. She also has the Stabilize Orison.


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
Bogan Canis wrote:
Anca Covanu wrote:
"Hmmm, well I've already got a room at the Rusty Dragon... But I guess a little change of scenery couldn't hurt. And if you plan on doing the Hagfish Challenge or whatever it is, that I would certainly love to see. Please, lead the way." She gestures for Bogan to proceed and takes up a quick stride beside him.
Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Don't try the Hagfish," the skald admonishes, "unless you fancy an evening of vomiting. Normally I would be happy to join you, but something is not sitting right with me. This goblin attack seems unlike their kind. Still, perhaps a drink would clear my mind," he says with a shrug and follows after Bogan and Anca.
Bogan smiles at Anca's encouragement and chuckles at Egil's words as he lead the way. "Try it already, Egil? Shame you couldn't stomach it. Then again, not many can. While I don't know if I can make the cut either, I've been preparing for this ever since I first heard about it when I was a nipper. At the very least, I can see just how far my training has taken me."

"Seems like an odd thing to spend time preparing for..." Trisha mumbled, staying close to the others. She had planned on going to the theater or trying to spend more time with Ameiko, but the attack meant that any matinees/evening performances were more then likely out of the question, and the dour mood probably wasn't doing the Tian any favors either... which meant sticking with her newfound associates and learning more about them.

The demi-human hoped to figure out more about Sabina, but the woman ran off to volunteer her healing services for the sake of others. Regardless, that meant the other four were still here. Ven she somewhat knew. The Ulfen came off as arrogant and meat-headed, but he seemed to have some code of honor and respect for the town. Anca seemed to keep her mind on task during the raid, but now seemed a lot more approachable with the danger past. And Bogan... well, he could form complete sentences, even if they were peppered with a strange dialect.

As they passed by the decaying bodies, the mesmerist stared at her gloved hands, took a moment to make the left one smell like lilacs, and cupped it over her nose and mouth to keep the growing stench out. 'Thank the Savored Sting this knack has so many uses...' the mesmerist mentally cheered.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

Is the portly half-orc the same one that I'd had the drinking contest with?

Liberty's Edge

Egil Forkbeard wrote:
Is the portly half-orc the same one that I'd had the drinking contest with?

Yes, it is.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

Egil waves a hand at the portly half-orc he had shared a nasty drink of Hagfish with earlier in the morning.

Though he didn't particularly care for the half-orc, given the uncalled for insults after Egil had failed to down the impossibly-grotesque drink, the skald did feel badly for him.

"Do you require assistance?" he asks, still carrying his bloody axe. "Though my talents are better suited elsewhere, I can see when graves need digging."


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None

As he walked to the bar, Bogan took in the sights of the aftermath. It seemed the everywhere around him, the only bright sides were that this was over and things weren't worse off. The sun wasn't doing anyone any favors at this point, especially the dead. Only made them smell worse. While the fighter's training for his lifetime achievement involved plenty of disgusting scents, tastes, and oddities, he could never get used to the smell of putrefaction and hoped he never would.

Still, it was reassuring that there was at least someone around willing to do cleanup. He would've volunteered himself if not for the fact Ameiko said he'd done more than enough, he was feeling confident enough to try the Hagfish Challenge, and that it looked like it was being taken care of.

'Might have to thank him for his service somehow... Maybe a coldie if I see him later..."

Liberty's Edge

Sabina Fueges wrote:
Sabina jogged through the town towards the temple, keeping her eyes open for any injured who were left behind on her way over. She had intended to visit the temple after the festival regardless, as she needed to speak with Father Zantus, but this was hardly the time for her problems, so she kept those to herself and simply asked him where she might be of the most use.

The help was warmly welcomed in the temple. Insides, any citizen with even the smallest amount of medical knowledge was doing everything they could for numerous injured parties. Some suffered jagged lacerations from dog slicers, while others showed burns. While most of the people weren't in too bad a shape, there were a few unfortunate souls living on borrowed time, their wounds beyond what anything these few poor folks could muster.

Father Zantus stood beside these poor souls, holding their hands in his. He was doing what magical healing he could, but it was clear to anyone that his best service these folks was to provide comfort in their final moments.

Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Do you require assistance?" he asks, still carrying his bloody axe. "Though my talents are better suited elsewhere, I can see when graves need digging."

The half-orc looked over as Egil approached. "Ye wanna help? Well, ye can hold offa the grave diggin' for now. Father Zantus is gonna wanna take a chance to bless mosta the bodies afore that happens."

"Now on the other 'and, ye wanna start grabbin' the little green blighters corpses? Feel free to just chuck 'em on the wagon wot comes around. Those godless buggers don't need no blessin's nor burry-ans. We're just huckin' the buggers over the cliffs into the trash heap, were they belong."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina kept a respectful distance from the priest performing last rites, and instead tried to focus on the severely injured, stabilizing the dying whenever possible, and using her meager healing prayers for those who were beyond conventional medicine.

Looking around the room, however, she was disturbed by how differently she felt from the other healers working there. Father Zantus seemed like a conduit of the gods' light, and even the non-divine healers seemed to exude a calm serenity. For Sabina, however hard she tried, she couldn't quite touch the quiet strength she'd come to associate with the priests of Iomedae; in its place was a burning hatred, a desire to find the ones responsible for this disaster and bring them to even further depths of ruin.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

The half-orc looked over as Egil approached. "Ye wanna help? Well, ye can hold offa the grave diggin' for now. Father Zantus is gonna wanna take a chance to bless mosta the bodies afore that happens."

"Now on the other 'and, ye wanna start grabbin' the little green blighters corpses? Feel free to just chuck 'em on the wagon wot comes around. Those godless buggers don't need no blessin's nor burry-ans. We're just huckin' the buggers over the cliffs into the trash heap, were they belong."

Hearing how they could do their part, Bogan decided to pick up a few golbin corpses on his way to the Hagfish. Not only would he be doing his part for the town, it might give him the extra push he needed to prepare for the event. It was a win on two fronts. It may have been a bit disgusting and unsanitary, but for Bogan, it was probably become just another day in paradise.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

An intrigued Egil nods at the portly half-orc. "I can help throw the green menaces on a cart," he says. "What was your name, ya big oaf?" he asks as he looks for corpses to begin piling on the wagon.

The Viking had an ulterior motive in assisting: searching the dead goblins for any clues as to why they attacked the town.

As I pick up each corpse, I'll see if it has anything of value or any clues that might show why they attacked...

Liberty's Edge

Sabina Fueges wrote:
Looking around the room, however, she was disturbed by how differently she felt from the other healers working there. Father Zantus seemed like a conduit of the gods' light, and even the non-divine healers seemed to exude a calm serenity. For Sabina, however hard she tried, she couldn't quite touch the quiet strength she'd come to associate with the priests of Iomedae; in its place was a burning hatred, a desire to find the ones responsible for this disaster and bring them to even further depths of ruin.

"Excuse me," came a familiar voice. Standing behind Sabina was Father Zantus, a calm look on his face.

"I wished to thank you for the assistance. These people, and I, are very grateful for the help. But I sense something is troubling you, my child."

Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"I can help throw the green menaces on a cart," he says. "What was your name, ya big oaf?"

The half-orc grunted. "Gorvi's th' name. I run street clean-up in this town. Usually, th' jobs got a little less blood and bodies. At least until the Late Unpleasantness..."

Egil Forkbeard wrote:

The Viking had an ulterior motive in assisting: searching the dead goblins for any clues as to why they attacked the town.

As I pick up each corpse, I'll see if it has anything of value or any clues that might show why they attacked...

Throwing the corpses around offered little insight. Their gear was ratty, cobbled together junk that was mostly already broken from the fighting. There may have been something...

Anyone interacting with the Goblin corpses can make a Perception check.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina looked up from the young man she had been healing, the jagged gash in his chest now knitting together into a scar that he would, she hoped, live to remember.

"I can't do much, but what kind of person would I be if I did less than I could? You're kind to ask, and I do have a problem I'd like to discuss with you, but the details may not be safe to speak in public."

Once she and Father Zantus had found a quiet corner of the temple to speak in, she continued:

"I've come here from further south than Korvosa; I was born and raised in Kintargo, in Cheliax. My family have been loyal to Iomedae for generations; I have never called upon the Lord of Lies in my prayers, and yet...there was an incident a few months ago. I don't want to take up too much of your time with details, but there was a fight, and I began speaking Infernal; in fact, since that time it has been all I can speak whenever I become too excited or stressed. My faith can heal these people, and yet I worry that it may not be Iomedae who grants me this strength. I think I may have been cursed by diabolists."


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None

As Bogan tossed corpses onto the wagons, he did his best to remember to search the bodies... only to keep forgetting the ones he looked through already and the ones he didn't.

'Well... I wouldn't put it past the little c*nts just to do something like this out of the blue. They may be smart, but I don't think they're that smart...'

Perceptip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

201 to 239 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TCD's Rise of the Runelords Part 1: A Festival to Remember All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.