Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

TCD's Metal Gear Rising(Runelords)

Game Master ThatCanadianDude

Runelords are rising. What you gonna do about it?


1 to 50 of 238 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Sandpoint

It was time. The Swallowtail Festival had arrived in the town of Sandpoint. A crowd had gathered in the square on Church Street, just outside of newly constructed temple. Tents had been erected, and tables set up for games, food and more. In front of the new temple, a small stage had been set up on which stood several people.

The first of these people, a Varisian woman, took center stage. Raising her hands, the crowd went silent, allowing her to speak.

“Greetings, friends and visitors, and welcome to the Sandpoint Swallowtail Festival!,” she announced, drawing an applause from most of the people present. “I see amongst you many familiar faces, and some not-so-familiar ones. To you out-of-towners, I am Kendra Deverin, the Mayor of Sandpoint, and I welcome you to our great town."

“I can see we have a great turnout for this festival. I think I can see... yes, it is! It appears even Larz Rovanky has managed to tear himself away from the tannery to come here! That, or he left to grab some more tanning solution and we’re blocking the way back to his shop.”

These comments drew plenty of laughter from the locals, and a grunt and flipped middle finger from the gruff bearded man near the back of the crowd.

“Now, I know we’re all eager to get right into the swing of things, but before that, there are a few other things we must go over...”

Feel free to have you character’s react, interact with each other in the crowd, or what have you. Once everyone’s gotten at least one post, the speeches will continue.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None

After another year or so of traveling with some caravan to guard them and their goods from the threats of the desert, Bogan was more than happy to find some fun in the festival. Drinking and celebrating until his gut burst would be good training for his Hagfish challenge later. He couldn't wait to test the fruits of his labor and get his name up on that ceiling beam. Though, he'd want to do that at a time when he wasn't going to be full of food.

'Maybe they've got some balut here... maybe some durian... oysters, surely. It's a stone's throw away from the ocean for crying out loud.' He thought as he looked through the tents for some foods to train with before turning as he heard the voice of the mayor.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

“Greetings, friends and visitors, and welcome to the Sandpoint Swallowtail Festival!,” she announced, drawing an applause from most of the people present. “I see amongst you many familiar faces, and some not-so-familiar ones. To you out-of-towners, I am Kendra Deverin, the Mayor of Sandpoint, and I welcome you to our great town."

“I can see we have a great turnout for this festival. I think I can see... yes, it is! It appears even Larz Rovanky has managed to tear himself away from the tannery to come here! That, or he left to grab some more tanning solution and we’re blocking the way back to his shop.”

These comments drew plenty of laughter from the locals, and a grunt and flipped middle finger from the gruff bearded man near the back of the crowd.

“Now, I know we’re all eager to get right into the swing of things, but before that, there are a few other things we must go over...”

While he enjoyed her speech, he couldn't help but notice that the old man didn't like the joke. While he wasn't one to pick on the old, flipping the bird to the woman in charge of the town was a bit much, especially when he was raised by plenty of Sarenite women.

He casually walked over to the man and gave him a rough pat on the back. "Crikey, pal. This ain't the kind of pissed you're supposed to get when you're at a festival." He said, trying the friendly approach first. "Cut loose! Get chockers with some food, mate! Have some fun and some laughs!"

Yes, because of some jokes, I've made him somewhat Australian. Sue me. XD


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker

Trisha had to wonder if she'd ever experienced this level of boredom before. One would think that getting kicked out of your home and having a voice in your head telling you to brave the wilds of Varisia would lead to excitement and peril... but she hadn't even stumbled over her own two feet, let alone fled from a bandit attack or whipped a few wild goblins across the face. By the time she reached what she assumed was a backwater coast town, she was moving on muscle memory alone, visibly slouching and shuffling, unresponsive to even the friendliest of greetings...

But the minute she'd heard about a festival, the spark of life seemed to visibly ignite inside the demi-human. No matter the reason, one doesn't pass an opportunity to enjoy oneself by. Whether it meant sampling the local cuisine, watching talented bards or other entertainers perform, or tricking a few generous souls into parting with their gold, she was determined to get something out of today.

With that in mind, she straightened herself out, cleaned off the dust and grime of her roadtrip and with a quick knack, and started tailing a few locals on their way there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon seeing so many tents and games and happy people, Trisha knew she'd found the right place. The choices around her proved almost overwhelming... but the emptiness in her stomach and the smells in the air summoned her toward the food table, where a Tian woman, a Shoanti man, and a fellow with a bushy beard stood out the most.

"Ahhhhh~" she sighed after taking in another breath and clasping her gloved hands together. "Everything around here smells absolutely divine. I must know, what wonderful dishes will I be sampling today?~"

She casted Prestidigitation on herself, by the way.


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

Anca leans against a wagon, examining a worn piece of parchment, Hides to Lars and thread and feathers to Verna. Yep, that’s everything. Satisfied, she folds up the list and stuffs it in her pouch.

With a stretch and a jaw-cracking yawn she wanders into the square. After scanning the crowd she finds what she is looking for: a game of cards. She pulls up a chair and antes up with a thick coin. She surveys her hand with a purposefully blank expression and lends an ear to Kendra and the forthcoming speeches, eager to hear about the new cathedral.


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10

Ven mumbles to herself as she scrawls in her journal. "On this day of the Swallowtail Festival, Sandpoint is busy. Many people in the square, many merchants set up along the thoroughfare. Everyone in town seems to know each other." She goes to the opposite page and continues sketching out the cathedral. Her hand is unsteady, and something about the proportions looks wrong. She tries to draw a humanoid figure in front of the building for scale, and it's little more than a stick figure.

I should have spent less time climbing trees and more time learning how to draw, she thinks. After parting ways with the old elf Selbhen, Ven came to Sandpoint to look for work. She was good with a blade and quick on her feet, and she could read and write. But that did little to make up for the fact that she had no idea where to start looking for work. Maybe one of the merchants would need a guard after the festival was over and they were heading back...

Ven rocks back on her feet, and hops a little. She snaps her journal shut and stows it away in her bag. "Well, not going to solve anything by feeling sorry for myself." She looks up at the stage, listening patiently to the speech from the mayor so that she might write it down later, and maybe get an eye on any significant people she might approach about getting a job.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

A tall, blonde, and handsome Ulfen man entertains a handful of listeners with the heroic legends of his people.

His hair is well-groomed with braids, silver clasps, and a forked beard. He carries a greataxe over his shoulder and wears worn, mismatched scale armor. A longsword is strapped to his waist and a shield to his back.

"...and with that, Floki fled into the darkness, a score of deceived women chasing him away!" he ends with a laugh.

The group laughs, too, and and a few of them clap. One man even hands him a silver or two for his efforts, and the Ulfen warrior smiles and claps the listener heartily on the shoulder.

"Many thanks! I will continue the tales of Floki tonight over some ale! Perhaps I will also tell something more serious, like the epic of Freydís the Boneless and the Valkyries! It will be your pleasure to hear more and perhaps buy me a drink!" he bellows. "Tell your friends that Egil Forkbeard, warrior of the north, is not in town for much longer!"

A warrior's warrior, the Ulfen man looks like he would be better suited slaying dragons. Or at least raiding coastal villages. Which, in fact, he had been doing before being shipwrecked in a terrible storm a few weeks ago, washing up on the shores outside of Sandpoint.

The people had nursed him back to health--this town would not be a target of plunder. They had also been generous with the coin, and Egil almost had enough saved up to make a trip back home. He did not wish to miss the entire season of summer raiding, after all!

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina jogged into the town square, her armor clanking loudly enough to draw stares and more than a few laughs from nearby children. Despite her best efforts, she had overslept and nearly missed the cathedral opening she'd come to Sandpoint for in the first place. The heat from her recent exertions was cooking her inside the armor, but she was afraid to leave it unattended at the inn; back in Cheliax, thieves were everywhere. She had expected to see even worse in the wilds of Varisia, but so far the town seemed pleasant and secure, and far more friendly than she was used to.

Ignoring the grumbling of her stomach (she skipped breakfast to make it in time), she moved through the crowd to get a better view of the cathedral opening, hoping to get the attention of the head priest.

Liberty's Edge

Bogan Canis wrote:
He casually walked over to the man and gave him a rough pat on the back. "Crikey, pal. This ain't the kind of pissed you're supposed to get when you're at a festival." He said, trying the friendly approach first. "Cut loose! Get chockers with some food, mate! Have some fun and some laughs!"

Bogan's comments drew a look from the man that was somewhere between a glare and a confused glance.

"... Alright, two things; one, who the hell are you, and two, what the hell are you saying? Do you even speak Common?"

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
"Ahhhhh~" she sighed after taking in another breath and clasping her gloved hands together. "Everything around here smells absolutely divine. I must know, what wonderful dishes will I be sampling today?~"

"Ah, I'm glad ye asked, lass," the bearded man spoke. "Right here you got yerself some stewed crab bites, slathered with enough brine t' drown a fish, straight from the Hagfish's kitchens!"

"Excuse me, Quinn, but the lady was asking what she'd be sampling, not what you'd be trying to kill her with," the Shoanti interjected. "If you truly wish to satisfy your stomach, miss, might I recommend the White Deer's famous smoked chicken and vegetable skewers?"

"Step aside, amateurs," came the response of the Tian woman. "What this lady really wants is the Rusty Dragon's fried boar buns. Unless you've been over the Roof of the World lately, I know you won't had something like these before," she claimed with a wink.

Anca Covanu wrote:
With a stretch and a jaw-cracking yawn she wanders into the square. After scanning the crowd she finds what she is looking for: a game of cards. She pulls up a chair and antes up with a thick coin. She surveys her hand with a purposefully blank expression and lends an ear to Kendra and the forthcoming speeches, eager to hear about the new cathedral.

As the cards are dealt, a svelte, slimy looking Varisian man with a mustache and goatee takes up a hand, watching with eagerness as Anca antes up. "Confidence," the man states, idly gazing over his cards, "you don't get much of that in the local fish. What brings a lovely girl like you here?" he responds, raising a few gold himself.

Egil Forkbeard wrote:

The group laughs, too, and and a few of them clap. One man even hands him a silver or two for his efforts, and the Ulfen warrior smiles and claps the listener heartily on the shoulder.

"Many thanks! I will continue the tales of Floki tonight over some ale! Perhaps I will also tell something more serious, like the epic of Freydís the Boneless and the Valkyries! It will be your pleasure to hear more and perhaps buy me a drink!" he bellows. "Tell your friends that Egil Forkbeard, warrior of the north, is not in town for much longer!"

One of the members of the crowd, an elderly bald man with glasses and a white beard, steps forward. "A wonderful story, good Sir Forkbeard! I dare say if I had half your knack for holding an audience, I'd be a rich man indeed. You bring such a vibrant life to history! Bravo!"

Kendra Deverin wrote:
“Now, I know we’re all eager to get right into the swing of things, but before that, there are a few other things we must go over...”

"So, in order to move things along, I shall turn the stage over to our very own Sheriff Hemlock," the Mayor concluded, stepping back and allowing the armored man behind her to step forward.

"Hello," the man started in a gruff voice. "I'd just like to remind folks to take care and stay safe during the festival. I'd like to remind folks to take special care with the evening's bonfire. As some of you are aware, the previous temple, along with a few local buildings, were lost in the great fire 6 years ago. As well, we also lost the lives of two of Sandpoint's most beloved members; Father Ezakien Tobyn, and his beautiful daughter, Nualia."

The Sheriff placed his hands together in front of himself. "I would like to ask you to join me in a brief moment of silence for Father Tobyn and his daughter, as well as all the others we've lost due to the Late Unpleasantness." As he finished, he lowered his head and closed his eyes.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

Egil smiles. "A wonderful story, indeed!" the skald says in response to the old man. "Made more interesting by being mostly true! I did not know I had such a gift for the telling of tales, though these people seem to eat them off my palm. Perhaps I should retire to this place and grow rich and fat, though where would be the fun in that? Whjo might you be?" he asks the old bald man with glasses. "I do not believe we have had the pleasure.

Later, when the sheriff calls for a moment of silence, the tall Ulfen warrior bows his head but does not close his eyes. He looks around briefly but says nothing.

These two have returned to their ancestors. There is no sadness in this.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina bowed her head respectfully during the moment of silence, then gazed around the crowd. She was surprised at the turnout, given how small the town itself was, and by the sheer variety of people. She gave a the food stands a mournful look as her stomach growled again.

"Just wait...there will be time for food after I've spoken to the priest..." she thought to herself.


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

Anca gives the man a hard eye, "Come now Jubrayl, I may only come to Sandpoint a few times a year, but surely you remember me from the last time you pulled this shtick. I believe we left off with a creamy deluge of bisque running down your face? I gotta tell ya, I'm surprised that ceramic bowl hat didn't take off as the next hot fashion craze..." She gives him her best $hit-eating grin.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 If she senses that he is bluffing, she will re-raise, otherwise she will simply call.

Her taunt quickly changes to a somber mood as she bows her head in a moment of remembrance.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:


Bogan's comments drew a look from the man that was somewhere between a glare and a confused glance.

"... Alright, two things; one, who the hell are you, and two, what the hell are you saying? Do you even speak Common?"

"Well," he replied, still being patient with the man, "The 'who' is Bogan Canis, mate. The 'what' is plain Common. If my vocab's a bit too different, then let me try again." He cleared his throat and spoke again, trying to get a point across. "No need to get angry just because the mayor made a good and harmless joke, friend. It's a festival. You should fill up on food and drink. Live a little!"

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

"So, in order to move things along, I shall turn the stage over to our very own Sheriff Hemlock," the Mayor concluded, stepping back and allowing the armored man behind her to step forward.

"Hello," the man started in a gruff voice. "I'd just like to remind folks to take care and stay safe during the festival. I'd like to remind folks to take special care with the evening's bonfire. As some of you are aware, the previous temple, along with a few local buildings, were lost in the great fire 6 years ago. As well, we also lost the lives of two of Sandpoint's most beloved members; Father Ezakien Tobyn, and his beautiful daughter, Nualia."

The Sheriff placed his hands together in front of himself. "I would like to ask you to join me in a brief moment of silence for Father Tobyn and his daughter, as well as all the others we've lost due to the Late Unpleasantness." As he finished, he lowered his head and closed his eyes.

Regardless of the man's response, he bowed his head in respect of those who feel to the fire and stayed silent until the next person spoke.


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10

Ven bows her head as appropriate, while making notes of the names in her head, and is quiet as it continues. Father Tobyn, Nualia, and this 'Late Unpleasantness', whatever that may be.


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

"Ah, I'm glad ye asked, lass," the bearded man spoke. "Right here you got yerself some stewed crab bites, slathered with enough brine t' drown a fish, straight from the Hagfish's kitchens!"

"Excuse me, Quinn, but the lady was asking what she'd be sampling, not what you'd be trying to kill her with," the Shoanti interjected. "If you truly wish to satisfy your stomach, miss, might I recommend the White Deer's famous smoked chicken and vegetable skewers?"

"Step aside, amateurs," came the response of the Tian woman. "What this lady really wants is the Rusty Dragon's fried boar buns. Unless you've been over the Roof of the World lately, I know you won't had something like these before," she claimed with a wink.

Trisha loved it when people competed for her attention. Even if they only wanted her gold, it still made her feel special inside. She'd made a token effort to look intersted in this 'Quinn' person's dish, but seafood had been a large part of her youth and she had no need for nostalgia at the moment. Still, she had to give the man credit for answering first. The Shoanti's dish was healthier then she predicted and she was a sucker for kabobs. Not to mention, the man trying to sell it was not only easy on the eyes but had a sharp tongue. The Tian woman was the one who stood out the most to her, though. Confident, beautiful, and a bit of a charmer. She'd have loved to sample her any day... but would content herself with her offer of unique food instead.

"Forgive me, gentlemen." she apologized as she reached into her pockets for gold. "I'm afraid I'm craving something exotic today~ How much for the fried boat buns, miss...?" she paused to let the woman give her name.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

"So, in order to move things along, I shall turn the stage over to our very own Sheriff Hemlock," the Mayor concluded, stepping back and allowing the armored man behind her to step forward.

"Hello," the man started in a gruff voice. "I'd just like to remind folks to take care and stay safe during the festival. I'd like to remind folks to take special care with the evening's bonfire. As some of you are aware, the previous temple, along with a few local buildings, were lost in the great fire 6 years ago. As well, we also lost the lives of two of Sandpoint's most beloved members; Father Ezakien Tobyn, and his beautiful daughter, Nualia."
The Sheriff placed his hands together in front of himself. "I would like to ask you to join me in a brief moment of silence for Father Tobyn and his daughter, as well as all the others we've lost due to the Late Unpleasantness." As he finished, he lowered his head and closed his eyes.

Trisha imitated the other people around her, mostly because it was expected of her. She had no connection to these dead people or their long-gone temple, but the opinions of the living would determine the warmness of their welcome and how long she'd be staying here. The last thing she needed to look like was a disrespectful buffoon.

Liberty's Edge

Egil Forkbeard wrote:

Egil smiles. "A wonderful story, indeed!" the skald says in response to the old man. "Made more interesting by being mostly true! I did not know I had such a gift for the telling of tales, though these people seem to eat them off my palm. Perhaps I should retire to this place and grow rich and fat, though where would be the fun in that? Whjo might you be?" he asks the old bald man with glasses. "I do not believe we have had the pleasure.

"Ah, forgive me," the man responded. "I am Broderick Quint. Call me a fellow lover of history. I am also a personal friend of Mister Drokkus, the spry looking gentleman on stage. He runs the local playhouse. If you are interested, I've been in talks about turning some of the historical works I've read into plays, and I think you'd be just the man to help make that dream a reality!"

Anca Covanu wrote:

Anca gives the man a hard eye, "Come now Jubrayl, I may only come to Sandpoint a few times a year, but surely you remember me from the last time you pulled this shtick. I believe we left off with a creamy deluge of bisque running down your face? I gotta tell ya, I'm surprised that ceramic bowl hat didn't take off as the next hot fashion craze..." She gives him her best $hit-eating grin.

Jubrayl chuckled. "Forgive me, Miss Covanu. Just having a little fun. I assure you I've no interest in starting my own line-up of ceramic hats any time soon. Though with the coin I got from you in our last game, I think I could probably finance a line if you wanted to start one." As he spoke, his own grin spread across his face.

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Tie goes to the player; he's bluffing.

Bogan Canis wrote:

"Well," he replied, still being patient with the man, "The 'who' is Bogan Canis, mate. The 'what' is plain Common. If my vocab's a bit too different, then let me try again." He cleared his throat and spoke again, trying to get a point across. "No need to get angry just because the mayor made a good and harmless joke, friend. It's a festival. You should fill up on food and drink. Live a little!"

"Well, Bogan Canis, the only reason I'm here is cause with this damn festival going on, I've got no customers at the moment. Far as I'm concerned, the sooner this damn thing is over, the sooner this town can get back to work, and sooner outsiders like you will leave before you break something expensive."

Trisha Halcyon wrote:

"Forgive me, gentlemen." she apologized as she reached into her pockets for gold. "I'm afraid I'm craving something exotic today~ How much for the fried boat buns, miss...?" she paused to let the woman give her name.

"Ameiko Kaijitsu, friend. This your first time to the Swallowtail Festival? Foods all free! the Tian responded with a big smile.

"Aye, that it is. Compliments o' the three finest eateries in Sandpoint," Quinn added. "Ain't that right, Garri?"

The Shoanti didn't respond, his eyes on the Sheriff who'd just taken stage. He said nothing.

Ameiko looked at him. "... O... kay then. Anyways, yeah, help yourself. It's free, and let me tell you; as good as it may be, it's got nothing on what I'm cooking up for the free lunch!"

Sheriff Belor Hemlock wrote:
"I would like to ask you to join me in a brief moment of silence for Father Tobyn and his daughter, as well as all the others we've lost due to the Late Unpleasantness."

All the rest of the crowd joined the Sheriff in lowering their heads. After a moment, the Sheriff raised his head. "Thank you, and enjoy the festival."

As he stepped back, the svelte young man in flashy dress stepped forward, clapping. "Sheriff Hemlock, everybody! Can you believe this man's still single?"

The man took center stage. "Now, according to the docket, the next part would be our most gracious noble, Lonjiku Kaijitsu's turn to stand up here, but he's apparently come down sick. All I can say is... it's about time. Usually he has his excuse for not showing up finished weeks in advanced!"

Most of the crowd laughed, with Ameiko letting out an especially loud hoot of approval.

"Thank you, thank you. So instead, you get to listen to me, Cyrdak Drokkus, tell you the wonderous story of how we got this little temple here built!"

A mockingly humerous boo came from a dwarf near the front of the crowd. Cyrdak pointed at him. "Love you too, Voloiker."

"Building this thing wasn't too hard. Getting rid of the old burnt down ruins was easy; we just told Titus Scarnetti there was a competing logging business under it, and he tore it down by hand."

The blond man with two guards grunted, as the rest of the crowd laughed around him.

"Getting the money was easy with open mic night at the theatre. I don't think anything got more money than Ameiko's singing, mostly because the jangling of coins was the only thing capable of drowning her out."

Ameiko gave a small mocking nose rubbed flipped bird as the crowd laughed once more.


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
"Ameiko Kaijitsu, friend. This your first time to the Swallowtail Festival? Foods all free!" the Tian responded with a big smile.

The demi-human's heterochromatic eyes lit up as she took one of the rolls. A small bite for taste was all it took to reassure her that Ameiko's cooking was as delightful as she'd hoped, and resume taking small bites to savor the flavor as long as possible.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

"Aye, that it is. Compliments o' the three finest eateries in Sandpoint," Quinn added. "Ain't that right, Garri?"

The Shoanti didn't respond, his eyes on the Sheriff who'd just taken stage. He said nothing.

Trisha noticed Garri's glare fixed at the man on stage and tried to get a hunch on what he was thinking.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Ameiko looked at him. "... O... kay then. Anyways, yeah, help yourself. It's free, and let me tell you; as good as it may be, it's got nothing on what I'm cooking up for the free lunch!"

She swallows her latest mouthful of food before replying. "Tempting~ It'll be hard to tear me away from your buns, Miss Kaijitsu, but I'll try to save room~"

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

The man took center stage. "Now, according to the docket, the next part would be our most gracious noble, Lonjiku Kaijitsu's turn to stand up here, but he's apparently come down sick. All I can say is... it's about time. Usually he has his excuse for not showing up finished weeks in advanced!"

Most of the crowd laughed, with Ameiko letting out an especially loud hoot of approval.

It didn't take much to figure out this missing nobleman wasn't very popular by anyone's standards.. or that he and Ameiko might be connected.

"...Unfortunate relations?" she asked, dropping her flirtatious tone.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

"Getting the money was easy with open mic night at the theatre. I don't think anything got more money than Ameiko's singing, mostly because the jangling of coins was the only thing capable of drowning her out."

Ameiko gave a small mocking nose rubbed flipped bird as the crowd laughed once more.

'First I walk out of the desert into a festival, then I get free food, and now I hear there's a theatre in town!?' The mesmerist thought to herself. 'I'm either hallucinating from starvation or I'm liking this place more and more~'


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
"Well, Bogan Canis, the only reason I'm here is cause with this damn festival going on, I've got no customers at the moment. Far as I'm concerned, the sooner this damn thing is over, the sooner this town can get back to work, and sooner outsiders like you will leave before you break something expensive."

Hearing the curmudgeon's response started to wear Bogan's patience thin. Trying to be friendly was seeming to be harder and harder with each second.

"Well, that just ain't fair, assuming potential customers like me are going to cause trouble. I mean... if I assumed your goods were like your attitude, they'd be more useless than t*ts on an ogre. All it does is make an ass out of us both, right? So, how about we both stop assuming and keep things civil, huh?" He added with a sterner tone, trying to convey to the man how done he was with his sh*t.

Intimidate to improve his attitude

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

Jubrayl chuckled. "Forgive me, Miss Covanu. Just having a little fun. I assure you I've no interest in starting my own line-up of ceramic hats any time soon. Though with the coin I got from you in our last game, I think I could probably finance a line if you wanted to start one." As he spoke, his own grin spread across his face.

[dice=Bluff]1d20+13 Tie goes to the player; he's bluffing.

Anca raises one eyebrow at that, "Hmmm, I don't seem to recall that. If you were bluffing as poorly as you are now, then surely you left the table with your tail between your legs?" She smiles as she re-raises, tossing a handful of shining coins into the now sizable pot.

She perks up momentarily as she hears mention of the origins of the cathedral, but she quickly rolls her eyes as Cyrdrak panders to the audience with his easy jokes. "Just get on with it," she mutters under her breath.

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3
Quote:
"Ah, forgive me," the man responded. "I am Broderick Quint. Call me a fellow lover of history. I am also a personal friend of Mister Drokkus, the spry looking gentleman on stage. He runs the local playhouse. If you are interested, I've been in talks about turning some of the historical works I've read into plays, and I think you'd be just the man to help make that dream a reality!"

Egil smiles broadly. "Well met, Sir Quint! Though I owe a small debt of gratitude to this town, I am only here a short while longer. Perhaps a show of my own, sold out and filled to the brim, would earn me the coin I need to get back to my people. I would need to break out my favorite tale, that of Rognar and the war of the gods! You have an eye for talent! I could be your man!" he says, clapping Quint on the back with a little too much force.

"Let us hear this dedication, then perhaps we will discuss some more details!" the skald says.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina rolled her eyes. By the time they're done telling jokes I'll have been buried for years. Guess I wasn't as late as I thought...still, I wonder what this 'late unpleasantness' is all about...

Turning to the people her, she broke her silence and began chatting them up, hoping to learn more about the recent happenings about town, and the late unpleasantness in particular.

"Good day! I do hope I'm not being a bother, but I'm new to this area and I'm hoping to settle down nearby....oh, me? I grew up in...Korvosa."

Damn this accent, nothing good will come if it if people start thinking I'm a Thrunie

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

...any shops hiring? Travel has absolutely murdered my purse, I'd love to pick up a little work on the side...

...so awful to hear about that fire. Did they ever find the cause? Where might I go to pay my respects to the poor priest?

Diplomacy to gather information: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
Trisha noticed Garri's glare fixed at the man on stage and tried to get a hunch on what he was thinking.

The Shoanti's face betrayed little emotion. Whatever he was thinking, he was keeping it to himself.

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
She swallows her latest mouthful of food before replying. "Tempting~ It'll be hard to tear me away from your buns, Miss Kaijitsu, but I'll try to save room~"

Ameiko cocked an eyebrow at the comment, but the smirk on her face said she wasn't saying no.

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
"...Unfortunate relations?" she asked, dropping her flirtatious tone.

Ameiko sighed. "My father. This isn't the first time he's made up some reason to avoid showing up to a public event."

Bogan Canis wrote:
"Well, that just ain't fair, assuming potential customers like me are going to cause trouble. I mean... if I assumed your goods were like your attitude, they'd be more useless than t*ts on an ogre. All it does is make an ass out of us both, right? So, how about we both stop assuming and keep things civil, huh?" He added with a sterner tone, trying to convey to the man how done he was with his sh*t.

The man raised an eyebrow, looking at Bogan with a look like he was about to swing.

Then, he smiled. "Well, what do you know? The outsider actually has a backbone after all. Alright, if you want me to play nice, then maybe I'll give it a shot. But as soon as this festivals over, I'm getting back to work."

"Oh, but one other thing," Larz continued in a hushed tone. "You make another comment about the quality of my work like that, and I'll snap ye like a twig, got it?"

Anca Covanu wrote:

Anca raises one eyebrow at that, "Hmmm, I don't seem to recall that. If you were bluffing as poorly as you are now, then surely you left the table with your tail between your legs?" She smiles as she re-raises, tossing a handful of shining coins into the now sizable pot.

Jubrayl looked at the pile of gold before looking back to his cards. After a few back and forths, he chuckled and layed down his cards. "Well, looks like you've got the better of me once again, Miss Covanu. And to the winner go the spoils. Don't spend those 5 gold all in one place. Unless you're planning to stop by the Fatman's Feedbag again."

Egil Forkbeard wrote:

Egil smiles broadly. "Well met, Sir Quint! Though I owe a small debt of gratitude to this town, I am only here a short while longer. Perhaps a show of my own, sold out and filled to the brim, would earn me the coin I need to get back to my people. I would need to break out my favorite tale, that of Rognar and the war of the gods! You have an eye for talent! I could be your man!" he says, clapping Quint on the back with a little too much force.

"Let us hear this dedication, then perhaps we will discuss some more details!" the skald says.

Quint let out a cough, flinching at the slap. "Oof!... Eh, yes! Good. I shall introduce you when the speeches are over. I believe there's only one more..."

Sabina Fueges wrote:

"Good day! I do hope I'm not being a bother, but I'm new to this area and I'm hoping to settle down nearby....oh, me? I grew up in...Korvosa."

Damn this accent, nothing good will come if it if people start thinking I'm a Thrunie

Fortunately, most of the folks seemed to buy the Korvosan story, and little commentary was made on the accent. Several folks pointed out that she sounded much like the Scarnetti family, themselves from Magnimar.

Sabina Fueges wrote:

...any shops hiring? Travel has absolutely murdered my purse, I'd love to pick up a little work on the side...

...so awful to hear about that fire. Did they ever find the cause? Where might I go to pay my respects to the poor priest?

It seemed most of the stores weren't currently looking to hire , as the festival had most people occupied. Several mentioned, however, that the Rusty Dragon, run by Ameiko Kaijitsu, had a board set up where folks looking to hire adventurers would post jobs.

Folks admitted that no one knew what caused the fire. The only confirmed information they had was that it started at the old Sandpoint Church.

Father Tobyn's body was entombed in a special vault in the Sandpoint Boneyard, located behind the church. However, with the temple complete and the festival on, the Boneyard was currently closed. Most folks assumed it would be opened after the concecration, which was scheduled for after lunch.

Cyrdak Drokkus wrote:
"Getting the money was easy with open mic night at the theatre. I don't think anything got more money than Ameiko's singing, mostly because the jangling of coins was the only thing capable of drowning her out."

Cyrdak wiped a tear of laughter from his eye. "But in all seriousness, I don't think I've ever seen the town come together like this. This has been a town effort. I've seen the lumber of the Scarnetti's worked on by Aesrick Battleborn, with windows forged in the Kaijitsu's Glassworks. Every lock was built by Volioker Briskalberd, and through it all, every man who didn't use their arm opened their pockets to make sure Sandpoint could be graced with this magnificent building."

"Now, before I hand the stage over to our very own Father Zantus, I'd like to remind all those present that, this evening, after the fetival, is the opening night of the Sandpoint Theatre's latest production, The Harpy's Curse, starring the Dive of Magnimar herself, Allishanda, as Avisera the Harpy Queen! Tickets are 1 silver at the door! First come, first served!"

As Cyrdak gave an eccentric bow, the last man on stage stepped forward. Calmly, he raised his hands.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming this day, and for helping us erect this temple to the magnificence of the gods. And now, as Sandpoint's Spiritual Leader, I now declare the Swallowtail Festival... open!"

A loud cheer erupted from the crowd. Many folks began heading towards the various games or stands set up around the grounds.

Consider this time to interact between the PC's and any other specific NPC's you wish.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

The man raised an eyebrow, looking at Bogan with a look like he was about to swing.

Then, he smiled. "Well, what do you know? The outsider actually has a backbone after all. Alright, if you want me to play nice, then maybe I'll give it a shot. But as soon as this festivals over, I'm getting back to work."

"Oh, but one other thing," Larz continued in a hushed tone. "You make another comment about the quality of my work like that, and I'll snap ye like a twig, got it?"

"No wuckers, mate. After all, we've stopping assuming the worst of each other, right? So, she'll be apples. As a matter of fact, to show there's no drama, on my honor as member of the Dawnflower's faithful, I'll stop by your shop later and buy something nice. Until then though, it's time to celebrate. Cheers, mate!" He said cheerfully before heading out hearing distance of the guy and muttering "F*ckstick..." under his breath.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

"But in all seriousness, I don't think I've ever seen the town come together like this. This has been a town effort. I've seen the lumber of the Scarnetti's worked on by Aesrick Battleborn, with windows forged in the Kaijitsu's Glassworks. Every lock was built by Volioker Briskalberd, and through it all, every man who didn't use their arm opened their pockets to make sure Sandpoint could be graced with this magnificent building."

"Now, before I hand the stage over to our very own Father Zantus, I'd like to remind all those present that, this evening, after the fetival, is the opening night of the Sandpoint Theatre's latest production, The Harpy's Curse, starring the Dive of Magnimar herself, Allishanda, as Avisera the Harpy Queen! Tickets are 1 silver at the door! First come, first served!"

As Cyrdak gave an eccentric bow, the last man on stage stepped forward. Calmly, he raised his hands.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming this day, and for helping us erect this temple to the magnificence of the gods. And now, as Sandpoint's Spiritual Leader, I now declare the Swallowtail Festival... open!"

A loud cheer erupted from the crowd. Many folks began heading towards the various games or stands set up around the grounds.

Roaming among the crowd, Bogan walked towards the new head priest in an effort to talk to the man himself. His mom always made a point of getting on friendly terms with the religious leaders in town, including Father Tobyn while he still lived. If he was going to at least try and stay in touch with his faithful side, the new head honcho was a good place to start.

"Cheers, Father Zantus!" He called to the man on stage. "Have a quick moment for a battler in need of some faithful advice?"


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Ameiko cocked an eyebrow at the comment, but the smirk on her face said she wasn't saying no.

'Seems like Father was right,' she thought upon seeing the smirk. 'Even a terrible double entendre can work if you pour on enough charm.'

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Ameiko sighed. "My father. This isn't the first time he's made up some reason to avoid showing up to a public event."

"Might be for the best." Trisha scoffs. "Anyone who has to make excuses to escape an excuse to cut loose and celebrate isn't worth wasting breath on."

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

Cyrdak wiped a tear of laughter from his eye. "But in all seriousness, I don't think I've ever seen the town come together like this. This has been a town effort. I've seen the lumber of the Scarnetti's worked on by Aesrick Battleborn, with windows forged in the Kaijitsu's Glassworks. Every lock was built by Volioker Briskalberd, and through it all, every man who didn't use their arm opened their pockets to make sure Sandpoint could be graced with this magnificent building."

"Now, before I hand the stage over to our very own Father Zantus, I'd like to remind all those present that, this evening, after the fetival, is the opening night of the Sandpoint Theatre's latest production, The Harpy's Curse, starring the Dive of Magnimar herself, Allishanda, as Avisera the Harpy Queen! Tickets are 1 silver at the door! First come, first served!"

'I'll have to remember that...'

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

As Cyrdak gave an eccentric bow, the last man on stage stepped forward. Calmly, he raised his hands.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming this day, and for helping us erect this temple to the magnificence of the gods. And now, as Sandpoint's Spiritual Leader, I now declare the Swallowtail Festival... open!"

A loud cheer erupted from the crowd. Many folks began heading towards the various games or stands set up around the grounds.

"And thus, the real fun begins~" The demi-human licks her lips and grabs another bun. "And it seems like you're about to get a lot more attention. I won't hold up the line... but I'll stop back in for lunch... Maybe more if you're interested~" She gives the Tian a wink of her own. "Either way, it was nice meeting you, Ameiko~" With that, she walked away... but paused upon passing a half-elf that seemed focused on the stage. Breaking off her planned route, she moved beside the woman, took a bite of her own snack, and muttered "Y'know, there's a lot more here to admire then the architecture..."

Talking to you, Ven.


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Jubrayl looked at the pile of gold before looking back to his cards. After a few back and forths, he chuckled and layed down his cards. "Well, looks like you've got the better of me once again, Miss Covanu. And to the winner go the spoils. Don't spend those 5 gold all in one place. Unless you're planning to stop by the Fatman's Feedbag again."

I'll add the 5 gold to Anca's profile!

Anca chuckled as she leaned in a raked in her pot with both hands. She considered Jubrayl's offer for a moment, "Hmmm, not likely I'm afraid. I'm more of a Red Dragon Inn kinda girl. Those fried boar buns have captured a woman's heart, you see?" She let out a hearty laugh at that, which only increased when she saw the distaste on Jubrayl's face.

Her laughter stopped short as Father Zantus took the stage. As she leaned in, the silver butterfly hanging from a fine chain around her neck caught the suns rays and sparkled. "Oh, I've got to go speak with Father Zantus. You take care now Jubrayl, hopefully your dashing charms will work on some other unfortunate vixen. Ta-ta!" Stuffing the coins into a pouch she hurried over to the stage.

Unfortunately, some towering hulk of a man wearing the biggest shield she'd ever seen beat her to the punch. She stepped up beside him and crossed her arms over her chest, snagging a quick glance at the man's face. He seemed like the type of guy who could eat an entire tray of meat pies all the while fending off an ogre with a bar stool. She gave him a wide berth.


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10
Trisha Halcyon wrote:
With that, she walked away... but paused upon passing a half-elf that seemed focused on the stage. Breaking off her planned route, she moved beside the woman, took a bite of her own snack, and muttered "Y'know, there's a lot more here to admire then the architecture..."

Ven jumps, and her inkpen leaves a large blot on the page. "Oh! Oh, hello," she says as she turns to the woman who snuck up beside her. "Ah, well, you know, trying to record all that I can. For whatever it may be worth," she adds quietly, having overestimated her ability to memorize what the speakers said and was left writing down the general gist of it. At this point, it was just to try and calm her nerves before trying to talk to somebody about finding work. "Anyways--good morning! Are you a stranger in town as well? How do you do?"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

As Cyrdak gave an eccentric bow, the last man on stage stepped forward. Calmly, he raised his hands.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming this day, and for helping us erect this temple to the magnificence of the gods. And now, as Sandpoint's Spiritual Leader, I now declare the Swallowtail Festival... open!"

A loud cheer erupted from the crowd. Many folks began heading towards the various games or stands set up around the grounds.

The raucous cheers of the crowd pulled Sabina from her gossiping and she turned towards the stage, catching sight of Father Zantus as he departed to mingle with the crowd.

Damn! I lost track of time!

"It's been wonderful talking with you, but I must go pay my respects to the current priest. I hope we can talk again soon; I'll buy the first round..." Sabina excused herself from her present conversation and waded through the crowd towards Father Zantus, hoping to reach him before...

Aw Hell

Standing between her and the priest were two armored petitioners, one a woman wearing a stunning silver butterfly necklace, and the other a jolly-looking man carrying a massive shield.
Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

The necklace looks Desnan...they must be wandering clerics...

Sabina stepped forward to greet them. "Good day, is this your first time in Sandpoint as well? My name is Sabina, I'm a fellow pilgrim, here to see the cathedral opening and seek the advice of Father Zantus." Sabina smiled, and began to offer the traditional Chelish bow, but thankfully stopped herself halfway.


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

As Anca waited her turn a voice piped in just over her shoulder. With a start she turns to greet the spunky short-haired woman, "Oh, hello! My, you're quite forthcoming aren't you, ehm... Sabina was it? No, this is not my first time in Sandpoint, I escort a few caravans here throughout the year from Nybor. I'm just here to pay my respects to the Father, same as you. Although I believe this man beat us both to the punch." She gestures to Bogan.

"So where do you hail from, Sabina? Some far-off exotic location perhaps?"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

"Korvosa. I came here from Korvosa."

It's not really a lie...I did travel here from Korvosa, after all.

"I'd say this place is more exotic than anywhere I've been before. Someone could make a fortune selling tours of the ruins; I'd definitely pay for one. Did you say you're from Nybor? Where's that? Are there any ruins there as well?"


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
Ven Nicolae wrote:
Ven jumps, and her inkpen leaves a large blot on the page. "Oh! Oh, hello," she says as she turns to the woman who snuck up beside her. "Ah, well, you know, trying to record all that I can. For whatever it may be worth," she adds quietly, having overestimated her ability to memorize what the speakers said and was left writing down the general gist of it. At this point, it was just to try and calm her nerves before trying to talk to somebody about finding work.

Trisha gave a small, evil-sounding chuckle on successfully surprising this woman reaction... until she saw the rather large stain of ink inside the notebook. She'd only meant to have a little fun, not ruin someone's hard work.

Ven Nicolae wrote:
"Anyways--good morning! Are you a stranger in town as well? How do you do?"

"Quite well, considering the circumstances that led me here." she answered, taking a bite of her treat. A few chews and a swallow later, she continued. "But that past is far too recent to be interesting. Trisha Halcyon, amateur archaeologist." The meserist held out a black gloved hand for her to shake. "And you are?"


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None

Hearing a bit of conversation going on behind him, Bogan turned his head to realize he was forming a queue. He blushed a bit, knowing his concerns were probably minimal next to theirs.

"Sorry, shielas." He said sheepishly to them while awaiting his response. "Didn't mean to form a queue. Just trying to see if the father is free soon so I can get some advice. Don't mean to be a goon."

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3

Egil stands with his arms folded and a broad smile on his face. Though he is listening--partially--to the dedication ceremony, he is mostly thinking of how much he would earn if the entire town came to listen to him recite the legends of his people.

Perhaps then I would plunder and raid just for fun?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5

Sabina chuckled lightly. "It's actually pronounced 'Sabina', not 'Sheilas', but that's alright. I'm here seeking his advice as well, and you did get here first, after all."


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10

"Ven Nicolae, amateur historian," Ven said, and shakes Trisha's hand. "Emphasis on amateur, don't worry about the book, drawing's terrible anyways. Nevertheless, somebody has to write it all down. Are you here for the festival, then, or does something else bring you to Sandpoint?"

Liberty's Edge

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
"And it seems like you're about to get a lot more attention. I won't hold up the line... but I'll stop back in for lunch... Maybe more if you're interested~" She gives the Tian a wink of her own. "Either way, it was nice meeting you, Ameiko~"

"Same to you, friend," Ameiko responded. As Trisha left, Quinn elbowed Ameiko.

"Pretty looking lass. Seems quite taken with you, too."

Ameiko sighed. "I like the audacity, but it's hard to take something like that seriously when she didn't even give me her name."

Anca Covanu wrote:

"Hmmm, not likely I'm afraid. I'm more of a Red Dragon Inn kinda girl. Those fried boar buns have captured a woman's heart, you see?"

"Oh, I've got to go speak with Father Zantus. You take care now Jubrayl, hopefully your dashing charms will work on some other unfortunate vixen. Ta-ta!"

Jubrayl continued to smile until she walked off. Anyone who watched him would see the smile turn into a glare of distaste before he disappeared back into the crowd, followed by the large man who'd been at his side the whole time.

So Many People wrote:
"[INSERT INDICATION OF WISHING TO SPEAK TO FATHER ZANTUS HERE]"

As the three talked amongst themselves, Father Zantus approached. "Greetings. I do believe I heard my name called?

Egil Forkbeard wrote:
Egil stands with his arms folded and a broad smile on his face. Though he is listening--partially--to the dedication ceremony, he is mostly thinking of how much he would earn if the entire town came to listen to him recite the legends of his people.

"Ah, here he comes now!" Broderick claimed as Cyrdak got off the stage. "Cyrdak! Cyrdak, over here!"

As his name was called, Cyrdak stopped and turned. "Broderick! Good to see you, friend. And who is this stapping young lad beside you? That wouldn't happen to be the lad who washed up on the shore awhile back, would it?"


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
Ven Nicolae wrote:
"Ven Nicolae, amateur historian," Ven said, and shakes Trisha's hand. "Emphasis on amateur, don't worry about the book, drawing's terrible anyways. Nevertheless, somebody has to write it all down. Are you here for the festival, then, or does something else bring you to Sandpoint?"

"The call of the open road." she shrugged. "Not that I didn't have a choice. Could've stuck home back in Magnimar, but... something out there is... calling to me, y'know? Besides, I'll never get famous sitting around and reading books all day."


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
Sabina Fueges wrote:
Sabina chuckled lightly. "It's actually pronounced 'Sabina', not 'Sheilas', but that's alright. I'm here seeking his advice as well, and you did get here first, after all."

Bogan chuckled back. "Honestly wasn't trying to misname ya, Ms. Sabina. Sheila means 'lady' according to the caravan I was first raised with. I keep forgetting that people aren't quite used to all the words leaving my howling screamer, ya know? Name's Bogan by the way."

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
As the three talked amongst themselves, Father Zantus approached. "Greetings. I do believe I heard my name called?

Upon being called, the fighter turned his attention back to the front and addresses the Father. "Ah. Glad I could get your attention. I was wondering if you and I could set aside some time later for a one-on-one. It's been a while since I last got some guidance and I'd rather not burden too many other ears with my sorrows."


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3
Sabina Fueges wrote:
Did you say you're from Nybor? Where's that? Are there any ruins there as well?"[/b]

"Ah, Nybor is a large village to the east, nestled against the southern tip of Ember Lake and the Sanos Forest. It's not where I'm from originally, but it is where I call home." She considers for a moment, "Ruins? Hmm, none that I'm aware of. Gnomes, we have a lot of gnomes." She says with a shrug and a sheepish grin.


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10
Trisha Halcyon wrote:
"The call of the open road." she shrugged. "Not that I didn't have a choice. Could've stuck home back in Magnimar, but... something out there is... calling to me, y'know? Besides, I'll never get famous sitting around and reading books all day."

Ven smiles. "I know exactly what you mean." She hesitates for a moment, and then says, "Magnimar? Funny, I'm originally from there as well, though I have been away for, hm, year and a half, now."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oracle | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | Touch 10 | Flat 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +0 | Will +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1 | Sense Motive +5
Bogan Canis wrote:
Sabina Fueges wrote:
Sabina chuckled lightly. "It's actually pronounced 'Sabina', not 'Sheilas', but that's alright. I'm here seeking his advice as well, and you did get here first, after all."

Bogan chuckled back. "Honestly wasn't trying to misname ya, Ms. Sabina. Sheila means 'lady' according to the caravan I was first raised with. I keep forgetting that people aren't quite used to all the words leaving my howling screamer, ya know? Name's Bogan by the way."

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
As the three talked amongst themselves, Father Zantus approached. "Greetings. I do believe I heard my name called?
Upon being called, the fighter turned his attention back to the front and addresses the Father. "Ah. Glad I could get your attention. I was wondering if you and I could set aside some time later for a one-on-one. It's been a while since I last got some guidance and I'd rather not burden too many other ears with my sorrows."

"Ah, I understand now. Well, I will leave you and Father Zantus to speak privately; I should find something to eat." Sabina turned and walked away, waving to Bogan and Father Zantus before disappearing into the crowd.

Approaching the food stands, she tried to find something that looked familiar.

"Excuse me," she asked the food vendors, "Do you have any seafood?"

Liberty's Edge

Human Skald 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17; Tch 12; FF 15 | F +4; R +2; W +1 | CMB+3; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | Greataxe: +3 (1d12+4/x3) | Perc +3
Quote:

"Ah, here he comes now!" Broderick claimed as Cyrdak got off the stage. "Cyrdak! Cyrdak, over here!"

As his name was called, Cyrdak stopped and turned. "Broderick! Good to see you, friend. And who is this stapping young lad beside you? That wouldn't happen to be the lad who washed up on the shore awhile back, would it?"

Egil smiles at the reference to his washing up on shore.

"Indeed! I am the gift from the sea gods! This town has been good to me, and now it is my turn to give back with my tales. You are Broderick? What do you do here?"


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
Ven Nicolae wrote:
Ven smiles. "I know exactly what you mean." She hesitates for a moment, and then says, "Magnimar? Funny, I'm originally from there as well, though I have been away for, hm, year and a half, now."

"My exodus was... far more recent. Boredom tends to make the days blend together." She finishes her boar bun, suckling the fingers of her glove clean of the last bits of flavor. "And as nice as you are," Trisha gives the woman beside her a closer examination. "...not to mention how cute you look~... there's a whole festival yet to enjoy and we're just standing around talking." She one again extends her hand to Ven. "How about we go enjoy it?~"

Liberty's Edge

Bogan Canis wrote:
Upon being called, the fighter turned his attention back to the front and addresses the Father. "Ah. Glad I could get your attention. I was wondering if you and I could set aside some time later for a one-on-one. It's been a while since I last got some guidance and I'd rather not burden too many other ears with my sorrows."

Father Zantus nodded. "Of course, my son. Know that I am always open. If you wish to hold off, might I recommend after the consecration after lunch? We may speak within the new temple."

Sabina Fueges wrote:

Approaching the food stands, she tried to find something that looked familiar.

"Excuse me," she asked the food vendors, "Do you have any seafood?"

Quinn's eyes lit up. "Seafood, lass? I've got seafood so fresh, the ocean hasn't realized it's gone yet!"

He pointed towards his section. "Right here, we got the Hagfish's famous stewed crab bites! But if that ain't enough for ye, just hold yer horses for a wee bit, for once lunch rolls around, ye'll be getting a taste of our very own lobster chowder! It'll turn you to a seafood diet; when ye sea our food, ye'll eat it!"

Egil Forkbeard wrote:
"Indeed! I am the gift from the sea gods! This town has been good to me, and now it is my turn to give back with my tales. You are Broderick? What do you do here?"

Cyrdak gave Egil a confused look before turning back to Broderick. "I think the lad might have been under water a tad too long."

Broderick stepped forward. "I apologize if you're getting confused, lad. I'm Broderick Quint, and this is Cyrdak Drokkus. He's the owner of the Sandpoint Theatre."


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

Anca seizes the moment to speak up, "Would you mind if I join you? I also have much to discuss with Father Zantus." She flashes a grin and bats her eyelashes at Bogan then turns to Father Zantus, " This cathedral seems quite magnificent. I take it Desna has a place within it's walls?"

Diplomacy to butt in on the one-on-one: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


F Half-Elf URogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +1, R +6, W +1 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30ft | Init +4 | Per +10
Trisha Halcyon wrote:
"My exodus was... far more recent. Boredom tends to make the days blend together." She finishes her boar bun, suckling the fingers of her glove clean of the last bits of flavor. "And as nice as you are," Trisha gives the woman beside her a closer examination. "...not to mention how cute you look~... there's a whole festival yet to enjoy and we're just standing around talking." She one again extends her hand to Ven. "How about we go enjoy it?~"

"I...uh...haha," Ven laughs nervously, quite flustered. "That sounds rather lovely, Trisha."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

She takes Trisha's hand, a little awkwardly. She's never really done this sort of thing before, and she lets Trisha take the lead.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
Sabina Fueges wrote:
"Ah, I understand now. Well, I will leave you and Father Zantus to speak privately; I should find something to eat." Sabina turned and walked away, waving to Bogan and Father Zantus before disappearing into the crowd.

Bogan gave her a wave back before she disappeared into the sea of people. 'Nice girl. Wouldn't mind seeing her again.' He thought before getting his response.

DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Father Zantus nodded. "Of course, my son. Know that I am always open. If you wish to hold off, might I recommend after the consecration after lunch? We may speak within the new temple."

'Ripper!'

Anca Covanu wrote:
Anca seizes the moment to speak up, "Would you mind if I join you? I also have much to discuss with Father Zantus." She flashes a grin and bats her eyelashes at Bogan then turns to Father Zantus, " This cathedral seems quite magnificent. I take it Desna has a place within it's walls?"

You gain a +10 Circumstance Bonus for eyelash batting. lol XD

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He felt his cheeks heat up and turn a shade redder as a second woman, a very nice looking Varisian, batted her lashes at him. While he didn't know if she'd sit in on his conversation with the Father, but he really couldn't see the harm in it.

"Uh... Sure... I don't see why not."

Liberty's Edge

Anca Covanu wrote:
"Would you mind if I join you? I also have much to discuss with Father Zantus."
Bogan Canis wrote:
"Uh... Sure... I don't see why not."

Father Zantus watched with an amused smile. "Very well. If the young lad is willing, you are more than welcome to join us in the talk."

Anca Covanu wrote:
" This cathedral seems quite magnificent. I take it Desna has a place within it's walls?"

Father Zantus let out a hearty chuckle. "The Song of the Spheres holds an important places within our walls and within my heart. In fact..."

He turned to face the church. "The eastern wall of the temple, facing the Sandpoint Boneyard and the rising sun itself, sits our shrines to both Sarenrae and Desna. We know that, with her guidance, the souls of the departed shall make their way to the Boneyard and their just rewards, sometimes wandering, but never losing their way."

He turned back, holding a small, silver butterfly symbol. "While I do give thanks to all the gods, Desna holds a special place within my heart. I was taught her worship by the late Father Tobyn. May his soul travel as long as it takes to arrive where it means to be."


Female Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Desna 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18, Tch 11, FF 17 | CMD 10 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +3

Anca warms visibly as the Father speaks of his relationship with Desna, "Ah, yes, the Tender of Dreams has a place for us all in her heavens, however long it may take for us to get there." She grasps her butterfly token as well, placing a gentle hand on Zantus' shoulder, "Father Tobyn's memory shall not fade as long as this cathedral stands as a beacon to his memory. I shall take the time tonight to sit and ponder in the eastern shrine so that I may lend my guidance to his journey."


Changeling Mesmerist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F -1, R +4, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Spd 30ft | Init +3 | Per +5 | Bluff +9 | Dip +9 | SM +5 | Stealth +4 | Knacks: 0th: Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze (DC 15) | 1st (1/2): Sleep (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 16) | Mesmerist Tricks (3/5): False Flanker
Ven Nicolae wrote:
"I...uh...haha," Ven laughs nervously, quite flustered. "That sounds rather lovely, Trisha."

Trisha gave a satisfied smile as she felt Ven's hand clasp hers. With this, it was now the Calistrian's responsibility to make sure both of them enjoyed themselves as much as possible, and she never liked leaving her friends disappointed. "Glad to hear. Now, c'mon!~" he exclaimed, leading the girl into the crowd of strangers, looking around for the most exciting thing for the two of them to do.

Perception to find activities to do: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Trisha Halcyon wrote:
[dice=Perception to find activities to do]

There were several events and games starting up. In one of the tents, a game wherein folks were tossing small bags into buckets had attracted some people. Down Church Street, folks were getting ready for what appeared to be a three-legged race.

By the church, a small group of children and a few adults seemed to be making plans for a city-wide game of hide and seek. At the same time, some folks had made their way to the now unoccupied stage and where setting up various weights.

Down Junker's Way, folks had dug a small pit in the road and filled it with mud, prepping for a particular messy game of tug-of-war. Nearby that, another table of food had been set up, but it looked a lot more competitive.

Overall, there were plenty of games. With a bit of time, you were certain you could find almost anything.


| HP: 12/12 | AC: 20 (Tch 11, Fl 19) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +4 , R: +1, W: +1| Init: +1 | Perc: +6 [/ooc |[ooc] Speed 20ft | Javelins: 5 | Active Conditions: None
DM_ThatCanadianDude wrote:

Father Zantus let out a hearty chuckle. "The Song of the Spheres holds an important places within our walls and within my heart. In fact..."

He turned to face the church. "The eastern wall of the temple, facing the Sandpoint Boneyard and the rising sun itself, sits our shrines to both Sarenrae and Desna. We know that, with her guidance, the souls of the departed shall make their way to the Boneyard and their just rewards, sometimes wandering, but never losing their way."

He turned back, holding a small, silver butterfly symbol. "While I do give thanks to all the gods, Desna holds a special place within my heart. I was taught her worship by the late Father Tobyn. May his soul travel as long as it takes to arrive where it means to be."

Anca Covanu wrote:
Anca warms visibly as the Father speaks of his relationship with Desna, "Ah, yes, the Tender of Dreams has a place for us all in her heavens, however long it may take for us to get there." She grasps her butterfly token as well, placing a gentle hand on Zantus' shoulder, "Father Tobyn's memory shall not fade as long as this cathedral stands as a beacon to his memory. I shall take the time tonight to sit and ponder in the eastern shrine so that I may lend my guidance to his journey."

Bogan's smile stayed, but his expression seemed a bit heavier when the father mentioned the tidbit involving Sarenrae. "I'll have to check out the Sarenrae section meself after the consecration takes place. Offer a prayer or two to the Dawnflower and to the fallen father."

1 to 50 of 238 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TCD's Rise of the Runelords Part 1: A Festival to Remember All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.