Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Swords in Sigil

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is to be the PbP extension of Mass Monkeyshines.


351 to 400 of 744 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"If I get to kill stuff ... it is what I am good at. Where do we go Tug? And this time you paying to get us back? I remember you forced us to pay to get back on the last job ... a pretty penny too."


Bribes always welcome

Tug grins at the Badger

"I warrant ye'll get yer bellyfill of killing in Plaguemort. That burg is all about kill or be killed. "

He reaches into his tunic and pulls out a chainmail bag. He loosens it and tosses several mithral coins on the desk.

"There's the initial payment. 10 Hammers* and I'll pay ye on a scale according to what dark's yeh lann."

Slang:

Spoiler:
Hammers: mithril coins worth 50 GP per. Made by dwarves (who handle most mithril work) they are distinguished by crossed hammers stamped on one side. The other side usually has a stylized dwarven hero or god on it.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

[Arches an eyebrow]

Yes, I think that will just barely be sufficient to cover our expenses.

[Grabs the money, turns to the Badger so that Tug can't see him and mouths "Yes!" while flashing the sign of the devil.]

\00/


Bribes always welcome

Tug smirks

"Right. There's a portal that'll lead you just outside Plaguemort. It's at this address. Here's the activation key."

He hands over a scrap of parchment and a rusty horsehoe nail.

"Take care and I'll be waiting."

He returns to his cheroot and stacks of papers, dismissing the party.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Masque sweeps up the paper and the nail, does a sweeping bow with his feathered hat and marches out the door. As soon as he is in the hallway, he read the parchment.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"So Tug this works both ways? The Activation key that is? Masque will get you want you need as far as dark on what is going on. The dead don't usually speak too well and my speciality is usally dead or scared. Anything in particular we are looking for?"


Bribes always welcome

Tug looks up

"The client wants intel. What groups are in play in Plaguemort. Who's making a grab for control. Are any demons involved? What is the current state of the town? Is it ready to slip into the Abyss again?*"

Spoiler:
The gate towns in the Outland are prone to slipping in their entirety into the planes they are connected to when they become totally aligned with said plane they adjoin. The planar inhabitants usually try to encourage this, as it gived their plane more square footage. The town residents usually prefer to stay where they are.

He squints

"That gate is fairly stable, and it's not the main one traders use. That nail will work either side."


Bribes always welcome
The Crimson Masque wrote:
The Masque sweeps up the paper and the nail, does a sweeping bow with his feathered hat and marches out the door. As soon as he is in the hallway, he read the parchment.

The scrap of parchment has an address in the Marble District, a part of the Hive Ward. It also has these instructions:

Take nail, hammer it into wooden tribal idol in back corner. Take nail out. Climb into mouth.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Understood. So depending on what sort of dark we get how much more can we make? We will head out late tomorrow we have business in the morning "

Once he gets his answer he heads out after Masque making their way to a place to spedn the evening. Making certain he gets some of the coin his friend has absconded away with. Also knowing they are going to need some of the coin for tomorrow.

"Hey remember Masque we cant spend too much of that tonight Frunmious needs someone of that plau we are going to need supplies for the trip.

The next day he gathers up the team and they make their way back to see the sorceress Alluvuis about the portal for Frumoius. Before they go he makes a short shopping trip to pick up a few items. Cold iron fillings in oil to line the weapons with or something like holy water to kake the weapons good aligned. Plus some rations and water and the like.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

I don't know what the big deal is, I think we should keep Frumious with us for a while...he might come in handy, you never know.

The Masque also picks up some holy water.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

We are going to keep him with us, only we promised to find him a way home. I have a feeling this will take a while so we may want to start the process going for the lad.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yes, but what if he...Frumious, be a dear chap and run to the druggist for some prophylactics, will you? [Tosses him a coin] Yes, but what if he dies? Then we'll lose that deposit with Alluvuis!


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Worth the chance my friend. We are hoping to help the lad. If he dies then that will allow us the oppertunity to have his remains returned to his family and buried in his homelands. Either way we should do this. He is becoming our friend yes?


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

I've always been a fan of letting our friends lay where they fall, but you've always been a sentimental one, dear Badger...


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Yes never leave a man behind or something like that. You were pretty happy about that sentimentalism when I pulled you out half-dead in Polramis remember? Lets just say it is a good habit I have.


Bribes always welcome
The Mad Badger wrote:

"Understood. So depending on what sort of dark we get how much more can we make? We will head out late tomorrow we have business in the morning "

Once he gets his answer he heads out after Masque making their way to a place to spedn the evening. Making certain he gets some of the coin his friend has absconded away with. Also knowing they are going to need some of the coin for tomorrow.

"Hey remember Masque we cant spend too much of that tonight Frunmious needs someone of that plau we are going to need supplies for the trip.

The next day he gathers up the team and they make their way back to see the sorceress Alluvuis about the portal for Frumoius. Before they go he makes a short shopping trip to pick up a few items. Cold iron fillings in oil to line the weapons with or something like holy water to kake the weapons good aligned. Plus some rations and water and the like.

The trio travel again to the Great Bazaar. Everything (and more) that the Badger could need to buy is at his fingertips.

They enter Alluvius' massive shop at the appointed time. The elderly tiefling woman is talking to a beautiful golden-haired female with a trendy blue starburst tatooed around her right eye. The woman has a large book open on the table between the two.

Alluvius looks up

"Ah, you lot are punctual, if nought else! Welcome!"


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"The whole military thing. I have a tendancy to make certain I am there when told to be there. So what can you do for our friend."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard
The Mad Badger wrote:
Yes never leave a man behind or something like that. You were pretty happy about that sentimentalism when I pulled you out half-dead in Polramis remember? Lets just say it is a good habit I have.

Erm, yes, have I thanked you for that recently? I would hasten to add, however, that there is a great distance between half-dead and dead-dead. Although, I suppose, with your Orc Ferocity (TM), maybe that distance isn't as far with your people. One for the philosophers, I fear.

Oh, hello, Alluvius, how are you? And who is this charming creature?

The Crimson Masque smiles.

Perform: Seduction 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"In the heat of battle hard to tell half-dead from dead dead and neither of us is a medic remember? Plus if we have the jink you can bring people back from the dead."

Krovak rolls his eyes as Masque begins his seduction. "Lets not distract the ladies from the task at hand Masque okay. Remember we have a job to get going to after this."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

[Smiles meaningfully.]


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius introduces the beautiful blonde

"This here is Lissandra, the cutter wot I rattled on about last time. I was talking with her about yer lad's problem, and she has a business proposition for yeh."

Lissandra smiles, her smile widening a bit for the charismatic bard

"A pleasure to make your acquaitnence. So, Lu tells me you need a portal location? "


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The half-orc knowing his friend is the face of the group and much better at this sorta thing than him nods and listens intently crossing his arms and trys not to screw up any negotiations.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Charmed, my dear. [Bows]

Well, we are here to inquire into the possibility of renting a portal to send our friend here, Frumious, back to the land of Lemuria. Is that something you can handle, sugartits?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Bribes always welcome
The Crimson Masque wrote:

Charmed, my dear. [Bows]

Well, we are here to inquire into the possibility of renting a portal to send our friend here, Frumious, back to the land of Lemuria. Is that something you can handle, sugartits?

Diplomacy 1d20+14

Lissandra smiles

"Cheeky one, aint yeh? Sure, given some time and effort I can find it. We can do it for some jink, or I could offer a swap."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Well, if we were discussing an exchange of services, what did you have in mind?

[Waggles eyebrows]


Bribes always welcome

Lissandra gives a throaty laugh

"Usually in transactions you should offer something the other side actually wants"

She grows serious

"I could use some trig cutters to help me with a job I have. Interested?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

[Resists the urge to roll a Perform: Seduction skill check]

Well, yes, we could always use some work, but I fear we might be taking on too many obligations. We are already supposed to go slay an army of demonspawn or something like that tonight...how about this? We come back tomorrow, maybe around noon, and, if we're still alive, we'll see about this job. How does that sound? Badger? Frumious? Lissandra, my dear?


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Our current job may take a little longer than tomorrow, Masque. We should send word when we return."

Kravok says with without blinking arms still crossed uncomfortable with the whole situation of diplomancy too much talking not enough doing. But he keeps quiet. Waits for them to finish their flirting.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Tomorrow...the day after...when we get back. We good?

[Finishes flirting]

Perform: Seduction 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The orc rolls his eyes and figuring they are done leaves to head off to where the gate while Crimmy finishes laying the ground work for a later seduction.

When he arrives at the gate her introduces himself and asks where the gate is at.


Bribes always welcome

Lissandra laughs

"I tell you what. Come back here in a few peaks and I will do some upfront studying to look for your gate."

She drills Frumious and gets information about his world

Will update soon. Working on several important things


Bribes always welcome

OK, back on track..

The three bid farewell to Lissandra and Alluvius and head out to their portal location.

Tracking through the Great Bazaar, the three go through many different winding paths, avoiding the calls from the many different merchants.

They head out on Duskgate Road, the main exit road leading from the Great Bazaar over to the Gymnasium District.

The Gymnasium District is the stomping grounds of the Trancendant Order, a faction dedicated to the principle that action is better than thought. They are very interested in all sorts of physical activities, and their distrcit shows it. The surrounding area is full of spas, bathhouses and dojos. Over all of the lesser buildings the Great Gymnasium towers, an amalgamation of clean white marble columns.

After passing onto Tickson's Trail, the trio pass into the Worker's District. Much as its name, it is a place where the myriad butchers, bakers and candlestick makers that run the Cage call kip*. The area is fairly pedestrian, with stolid grocers and tailor shops predominating the storefronts.

Beyond the Worker's District is the Festhall District. The Sensates, a faction devoted to the stimulation of the senses, holds the area from their immense thousand-foot high Civic Festhall faction headquarters. The streets around this immense building are thronged with shops dedicated to sensation. Carnal pleasures like exotic bordellos are represented, as well as more wholesome fare like mountain climbing or flying shops.

Turning onto Crystal Dew Lane, the group passes into the Administrator's District. The Hall of Records is here, the faction headquarters of the Fated, the infamous tax gatherers of Sigil. The neighborhood here is thronged with merchant houses and trading consortiums. Dark-tuniced functionaries scuttle hither and yon toting large stacks of paper or immense books.

Passing along Sandstone Row, the group passes into Darkwell Court, the outlier of the Hive Ward, the ghetto of Sigil. Darkwell Court is the merchant section of that benighted ward, and the streets are thronged with pawn shops, secondhand stores, and bulk purchase grocers. The crowd gets more ragged in dress, except for the occasional weaselly-looking berk in fancy flashy getup.

Taking Gouge Row to Shatterbone Street, the group passes a large multi-story brick building with a faded sign reading "The weary Spirit Infirmary" along its razorvine-coated side. A small group of sickly-looking folks cluster around the entrance.

The marble district looms before them. If Darkwell Court was the Hive's version of a financial district, the Marble district is its 'wealthy' section. Shops advertising clothes, weapons and massages line the streets. Every other business seems to be involved with theater, much of it burlesque in nature.

The group finally arrives at their destination, a bit footsore from the several hours of walking the uneven streets. The address is a tobacconists shop, it's windows set with thick iron bars and showing several of the distinctive Sigilian spikes that folks like to build into the rooflines.

Inside a seated scarred gnomish-looking merchant reads a copy of the Lady's Sharper Eye. His wild blue-green hair is drawn back into a ponytail, and he wears an odd hat that is just a brim with a band to hold it in place.

Along the back wall is a fierce-looking wooden tribal idol, seven-feet tall. It boasts a large mouth with sharp shark teeth.

Spoiler:
Call Kip=Where they live


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok nods to the gnome-like character reading. Looks around to make sure no one else is in the room before he talks.

"Tug sent us." He holds up the rusty nail. "Can you show us the way?"

He smiles. Intimidate:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Bribes always welcome

The shopkeeper looks up and grunts

"The idol's right there berk. You know what to do if Tug sent yeh"


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Yup, got that right berk." Again showing his teeth this time trying to be intimdating as opposed to the previous time where he was trying to be nice. But after his insult Kravok is getting a little upset.

"We know what the dark is on this and best keep our comings and goings quiet if you know what is good for you. You don't want to get me all narky unless you want to get yourself nicked, eh?" He tosses him one of the "hammers" Tug gave them.

"For your trouble."

(OOC: I am right that berk is a derogiatory term? For someone naive and foolish?)


Bribes always welcome

yup. Gnomes was being a snarky b++&!

The gnome catches the Hammer and makes it vanish.

"Sorry. It's been a rough peak"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

[Relieves himself on the gnome's establishment]

Do you think we'll be back in time for me to take Alyda to the theater?


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok shakes his head and says "Not likely man. We gots work to do and it will take at least a few days from the look of things."

ooking back towards the gnome. "What's your name?" He waits to hear it.

"Remember I never forget a face and now I have your name. " he reaches over and quickly flashes one of his twins snagging a bit of hair from the gnome. "Now I can find you real easy. So make sure our comings and goings are quiet like and I will get you a few more hammers for your trouble. If not I come and find you and bleed you real slow like with the "Twins" here."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Masque finishes buttoning up as he strides over to stand beside his buddy.

Yeah. You tell anyone the Mad Badger and the Crimson Masque were here and we'll mess you up but good.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

He looks over at Masque sighs and lets his shoulders slump.

"Lets go loud mouth. Through the portal."

He walks over touches the nail to the mask and then moves to step through looking over his shoulder at the gnome he smiles a knowing smile to keep their secret.

He has his hand on DOOM ready for any trouble as they go through the portal.


Bribes always welcome

The gnome looks fairly intimidated, but doesn't reveal his name.

"If yeh're with Tug, yeh'd best treat me with a bit of respect. I've got friends in this burg."

Assuming you slice his hair

The gnome looks furious, but he ducks out a door leading to the back of his shop, slamming it closed.

Assuming you just move on

The nail hammers into the idol easy enough. The large shark-toothed jaw expands, making a large portal entrance. A watery blue-colored energy field reveals a cave on the other side


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"I treat those how I get treated myself. I am sure you have both friends and enemies in this burg. This " He holds up the slice of hair.

"Is a little insurance to make sure you treat us with resepct eh? Maybe next time you might be a little nicer. An object lesson my friend. Have a nice day."

He moves on when he flees knowing he has the lock of hair to track the gnome if need be.

The Mad Badger walks through the portal into the cave and then has a look around.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yeah, boyo,

The Crimson Masque quickly mimics masturbating, climaxing, and ejaculating in the gnome's face.

have a nice day.

The Masque follows Badger through the portal.


Bribes always welcome

The trio walk through into a small cave. The cave seems empty, except for a few old bones (non human).

Outside the cave is a forested hillside. A game trail leads off from the entrance into the dense woodlands down the slope.

Actions?


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok takes a listen to see what he can hear and looks at the ground to see what sort of tracks maybe there. Grabs the dirt takes a smell and in general makes certain there is not some sort of ambush.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Perception1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

If nothing of interest is noticeable, the Masque lolls on down the path.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Seeing his friend begin to loll down the path he holds out an arm to stop him reflexively almost knowing his freinds panache for not paying too much attention to such things.

"Hold a second Crimmy just want to check things out."


Bribes always welcome

Badger

Spoiler:
Kravok notes a lot of spoor from large cats and large reptiles. There don't seem to be any sign of intelligent passers by lately. The forest looks semi tropical, and the vegetation further down looks fairly marshy


Bribes always welcome

Crimmy:

Spoiler:
there's a big blackberry bush full of ripe berries down the path


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

for Dungeon Monkey:
How fresh is the dung?.

"Big fauna in the area I would stay alert and not go trapsing around they might try and eat you if we enter their territory at least there is not any human bipedal traffic. "

He unlimbers his Pain bringer and quick death ready for what ever this place might throw at them.

"Okay so keep a weapon drawn and best to keep communication to hand signals for now. I saw large retiple and feline dung so keep your heads up."

351 to 400 of 744 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Swords in Sigil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.