Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Swords in Sigil

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is to be the PbP extension of Mass Monkeyshines.


301 to 350 of 744 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome

Frumious speaks up

'Were we going to check out that portal store you told me of?"

I'll come up with a gritty urban adventure for y'all, never fear.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Oh right... only we need cash my friend. The portal store don't let you use it for free. Do you have any cash? We can go and find out how much it will cost though. Then we'll need to check with our contacts and see what other jobs we can russle up. Crimson is pretty good at finding that sorta stuff out. Okay we go to the portal place find out how much it will cost to get our buddy here home."

He turns and begins striding towards the place Frumious still on his shoulder. The monkey like creature needs to grab a firm grib as the half-orc moves quickly and not too gently on his way towards the place of portals. He expects Crimson to follow.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Masque follows, humming a new air he is composing.


Bribes always welcome

The trio emerge into a foggy Peaktime About noonish. The Great Bazaar stretches before them, and about a mile through the twisting stall pathways is the fifty-foot tall green marble cylinder that is their objective.

They join the shopping throngs,heading in a drunkard's walk towards the odd green marble building. Merchants shout at them as they pass along.

"Candied cockroaches! A silver for a bag!"

"The finest in blade steel! Dwarven forged, nothing finer!"

"Brooms! Sweeping, dusting, even ones for enchanting as a steed! Come and see my wares!"

The smells of untold numbers of cooking shops, and the babble of ten thousand tongues wash over them as they walk. They see sentients of a hundred different races haggling among the brgiht-colored stalls.

Actions??


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Badger trys to keep his wits about him as he moves watching out for possible cut purses and the like but keeps moving towards his goal the portal store for Frumious.

perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

He looks back over his sholder to make sure Crimson is there and keeping up.

Then as he keeps walking he says to the monkey perches on his shoulder.

"So Frumious, if this costs a lot of money to get you back any thoughts on where we can get the cash? I imagine you don't have any right? It's cool if you don't just want to know what were are working with, yah know?"

His stride is long and decent speed enough to keep him from being a target of cutpurses plus expecting that few will want to mess with him decked out as he is. But since he knows he has enemies and powerful enemies in the city he expects ambushes for the most part so he keeps his head and wits about him and an eye on Crimson knowing his panache for getting into trouble though mostly when it comes to women. So he keeps his eye out for good looking women and trys to steer Crimson away from them and keep him focused on the task at hand.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

After something like 48 hours of pure debauch, the Masque is not in the least bit interested in women. On the other hand, although he knows that he has powerful enemies, he just doesn't care. Following along in the Badger's wide wake, he walks along carelessly, tuning his lute and running up and down obscure scales from worlds beyond knowing...


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad badger does the majority of the worrying for the two of them which is pretty scary since he does not worry too much.


Bribes always welcome

The trio walks through the entrance of the portal key store. The bottom floor is a wide open space crowded with hundreds of wooden barrels. Various folks wander here and there looking through the contents. The party can see the barrels are filled with mundane objects: One holds blue glass beads, another copper keys.

In the center of the floor is an iron spiral staircase. Near the staircase is a half-circle desk of marble with an odd being perched at the edge. This being is eating something from a waxy paper bag, and looking about the store, humming. A pair of tinted eyeglasses perch on her(?) nose.

Actions??


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

(OOC: Can't see the image it is blocked at work)

Kravok does not miss a beat not caring who he wokrs with as long as they are not out to harm him or his friends.

"Hey we are trying to get our friend home. Can you help?" He directs his question at the being eating. He then remembers Crimson telling him he should smile more when he asks people questions might get a better response. So he smiles his big toothy smile. Though on the enormous half-orc it looks probably more frightening than warm and inviting as he is trying to be.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard
The Mad Badger wrote:

The Mad badger does the majority of the worrying for the two of them which is pretty scary since he does not worry too much.

Link


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Letting the Badger deal with the strange being, the Masque dismisses his lute and says So, this is really it, huh, Frumious? Just when the adventure was about to begin, when the derring was really gonna get doing, you have to pop back to see yer wife an' kids, eh?

C'mon, man, er, monkey, what do you say? Just one more adventure, huh? For old times?


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Badger turns back to his friend Crimson to look for support since most of the time he is the face man who does this sort of stuff, espcially when he hears his voice. Almost looking for help in the matter.

"Not sure how much this will cost so he may be with us a while still Crimson. Especially if you have me making the deals here."


Bribes always welcome

The old tiefling woman pipes up in a querilous voice

"My what big teeth you have Grandma! Ain't your momma never taught yeh some manners? Baring bonebox* at an' old feeble lady like me. How about an introduction? I'll show yeh. "

The old woman pauses and sticks a bony hand out

"Pleased to meet yeh. Me name's Alluvius, an' I run this shop."

Whether or not her hand is shook she retracts it quickly

"I am in the business of selling portal keys, all sortsa portal keys. You know what kind of portal key yeh need?"

Alluvius returns to her snack. She has a set of chopsticks she uses to pluck what look like fried crickets from the waxy container. The crickets are covered in some sort of red dust and what looks to be a honey glaze.

*

Spoiler:
Bonebox=teeth


Bribes always welcome
The Crimson Masque wrote:

Letting the Badger deal with the strange being, the Masque dismisses his lute and says So, this is really it, huh, Frumious? Just when the adventure was about to begin, when the derring was really gonna get doing, you have to pop back to see yer wife an' kids, eh?

C'mon, man, er, monkey, what do you say? Just one more adventure, huh? For old times?

Frumious ponders

"Well, it has been an interesting day with you two. Could you use a small priest?"


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok takes her hand and shakes it while saying. "My mother along with my family were all cut down early in life by elves. I guess they did not like the idea of the mixing of races. So I guess manners was not something I leanred too much about. Fighting yes manners not so much. But my handsome friend over here the Crimson Masque ... well he knows all about that sort of thing. Sorry Alluvius it is good to meet you though."

There is that awkward silence. Kravok looks back at his friend for some help once again.

At the mention of Frumious possibly staying and extraditing himself frokm this uncomfortable situation Kravok steps back and especially when Frumious mentions he is a cleric.

"Hey Frumious if you want to stick around we could use you no doubt."

"Crimson, can you talk with Alluvius, I don't seem to be doing too good of a job with it. And I smiled and everything like you said to do."


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius smiles. Kravok notices her teeth are very pointy

"I didn't mean to upset yah, boyo. I jest don't like people flashing their bonebox at me like I was a snack. "

She looks them over.

"Don't be upset boyo, I'm sure I kin help yah find yer key. Do you know what yeh need?"


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Turning back to answer "Ah well we are looking to get a key for our friend here. "

"Frumious where do you come from? or do you think you are staying?"


Bribes always welcome

Frumious pipes up

"I come from a world called Lemuria. I unfortunately don't know how I arrived here"

Alluvius tsks

"I can't help yeh then cutters. I sell the keys, I don't ID the portals. But..."

She pauses

"I do know bloods* what do"

*

Spoiler:
Blood=tough/smart/powerful person


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Well looks like you may be here a while longer my friend."

Looking at Alluvius. "So I imagine these bloods you know who might be able to help us. So whats the dark on these cutters. Tell me true Alluvius. What kind a jink are we talking about to get a meeting and have these bloods help us?" He takes out 40 gold and hands it to her to start the chatter.

"Here is a little to start your chant. You tell me if I need to add more to that to continue the conversation."


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius smiles wider. The Mad Badger can see a cricket leg caught in her teeth

"Now yer talking my type o chant! "

She makes the coins vanish

"My good friend Lissandra the Gate Seeker is the cutter yeh want to palaver with. I can arrange a meeting should you wish."


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

He chuckles. "Yeah jink always seems to make friends no matter what. So arrange a meet with Lissandra if you would luv no rush mind you seems our friend plans to stick around at least a while.

Turning to his friend on his shoulder. "That way we can at least know how to get you home Frumious when you are good and ready."


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"So Alluvius are we good? Oh can I try one of those crickets they look pretty good."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Lissandra the Gate Seeker, huh? That sounds hawt. Well, thank you, my dear lady, and let's be going shall we, chaps? I bet we need to show some coin before Lissandra will open her portals for us, heh? Heh heh! Come, Father Frumious, come dear Badger, come!


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Badger holds up a finger to Crimson to wait a minute.

"So Alluvuis send word to us when you arrange the meeting with Lissandra you can get in touch with us through Pogo you know him? "


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius laughs

"Yeah she's about now and again. Tell yeh what cutters. Yeh show up tomorrow at Peak. I expect Lissandra for lunch."

She looks at the badger

"Who's Pogo? Never heard of the berk."

She proffers a cricket on her chopsticks to him.

"Avernal cave crickets in diablo pepper honey sauce. They're awful hot."


Bribes always welcome
The Crimson Masque wrote:
Lissandra the Gate Seeker, huh? That sounds hawt. Well, thank you, my dear lady, and let's be going shall we, chaps? I bet we need to show some coin before Lissandra will open her portals for us, heh? Heh heh! Come, Father Frumious, come dear Badger, come!

Alluvius nods

"Finding portals is rough trade cutters. Bring jink. Lots of jink."


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Most people know of Pogo in Sigil. He deals in information he has the dark on most of what happens in Sigil. He might go by a different name, but he told me his name was Pogo."

He takes one of the crickets and gobbles it up. "Hmm pretty tasty stuff."

"So how much Jink? We don't have alot right now. But we manage to be able to get more we deal in a trade, many berks pay well for. Maybe we should hold off the meeting? Or will she meet and give us a price?"


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius ponders

"Depends on the difficulty. If she has the dark of it, could be 100 Ladies. If she needs to hoof it all over and do research, it could be 1,000 Ladies."

The Badger's mouth starts to burn as the spices hit his palate.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

(vs. the spice)Fort check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Okay lets do it. Not sure if we will have that kinda jink if it is 1,000 ladies but lets meet and see where we are at. Do we need to give the cash all up front?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Bah! I have yet to meet a woman who wouldn't happily shave a hundred two ladies off the price for the chance to handle my instrument!

Summons instrument


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Well I will let you do the neogations next time then my friend."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yes, I'll have to make sure and not wear a shirt.

[Plays a badass riff.]

Where to next, dear Badger? Lead on, sir, lead on!


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Well we need some cash. So unless you have another idea either it's my friend Pogo or the guild? Which shall it be?"


Bribes always welcome
The Mad Badger wrote:

(vs. the spice)Fort check: 1d20 + 10

"Okay lets do it. Not sure if we will have that kinda jink if it is 1,000 ladies but lets meet and see where we are at. Do we need to give the cash all up front?"

Alluvius shrugs

"I'd say a 25% deposit if she has to do research. She might not find what yer lookin fer! There's a million doors in the Cage, or so they say. Hard to find just the right one. Plus, they oft as not jump around."


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius waves as the trio walks to the door

"Be back by Peak tomorrow and Lissandra and I will be sitting down to some Sengenise-Diabolic fusion takeout. I'll order yeh some Rockworm lo mein!"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yes, that sounds like fun. Come, Badger, I thought we were going to the guild to earn some money for our derring-do!


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Off to the guild it is then.

Let's see if we can get a job.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yes, let's.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad Badger turns away from Alluvius now onto his next task. Like a Bull in a china shop he just moves not thinking about anyone nearby or in his way. Focused singly on the task ahead getting a new job at the guild.

He walks with single purpose, scowl returns to his face like a man with purpose and not to be trifled with. When he arrives at their guild he walks up to the sgt. at arms he in general knows most them them from sparring and the like.

Who ever it is he calls them by name. "Hey so and so. Looking for some work for Crimson and me. You got anything? Wet work or anything of the like? We are game."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yeah, we need moolah and the only way to get moolah is to crack skulls! (Or, I guess, I could just play my lute for money, or go into the gigolo business, or maybe start an import/export business of rare spices.)


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok looks at his friend.

"I am good at cracking skulls ... can you see me as a back up singer for you or would anyone pay to sleep with me? As for the import /export business in rare spices we tried that once ...remember you said my social dispositions was not so great especially when we got cheated ... I broke that guys arm in five places he was lucky you stepped in so quickly I was trying to tear hius arm off and would have beat him to death with it. I remember having to pay the majority of the profits and sell the business to keep away from the law, one of the reasons we ended up here right? So lets not talk about rare spices again please. Wet work is good straight forward stuff, I get to kill people who are bad. Not too much thinking there."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

I always forget that bringing up nutmeg and thyme tends to set you off. Sorry, buddy.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"I like them in food fine. Just the thought of trading them reminds me of home you know what I mean? Sorry again about that."

"Thanks for bailing me out of that tight spot. I don't know if Iwill ever be able to repay you for that ... but I will keep trying my friend. You had a pretty good gig in that city. You were a noble right? Baron or something like that? So were the good old days. We always had cash to spend. You ever think about her?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

[Idly humming a tune]

Hmmm, I'm sorry, think about who?

Right then, I grow weary contemplating womanly bosoms and the fleshpots of Sigil. When are we going to do some derring?


Bribes always welcome

Sorry for the delay. issues, always issues

The two head off towards their headquarters in Swordhold

The Great Bazaar falls behind them as they enter the huge boulevard of Copperman's Way. Shops of all description flank the wide street, and creatures of every size, color and description walk along the raised sidewalks. Vehicles of ever shape and size jostle in the center cobbled area, swerving pedestrians and piles of ordure left by the draft animals.

The Market Ward segues into the Lady's Ward, the Nobles' District the first part of the ward they cross. The trio can see huge manses peering out from behind tall walls of granite and marble.

The Nobles District becomes the Court District next. Huge piles of soot-stained marble crowd the roads, flanked by lawyers' offices and scriviners' shops. They skirt the massive grey castle known as the Prison, where the Mercykillers dwell with their incarcerated prisoners.

The Court district becomes the Temple district next, the houses of worship piled upon one another in a bewildering array. Gods of fire, gods of water, creator gods, destroyer gods, all vie for attention from the wandering crowds.

As the final few ramshakle temples marking the bad end of the Temple district fall behind them, they enter Swordhold.

Their home district is the first part of the Lower ward, and their particular patch is home to a plethora of mercenaries and the entropy-loving faction known as the Doomguard. As they walk a skinny teen dressed in Doomguard colors throws a rock through a shop window and runs laughing down the street screaming "FOR THE DOOMGUARD!"

The offices of the Crossroads Travellers looms out of the fog. The trio enter, and see Tug seated at his desk, a pungent cheroot clamped in his furry jaws. He looks up, and grunts.

"Ah. The daring duo. What's with the rat on your shoulder Masque?"

Frumious harrumphs


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Sorry for the delay. issues, always issues

No worries, even if the Masque comes off as impatient, Doodlebug never is.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Ah, Tug, I see your keen senses of detection are as sharp as ever. It's a monkey, not a rat. Pulls up a footstool and puts up his feet. We grow tired of the comforts of Sigil. Also, we're broke. Got any work for us?


Bribes always welcome

Tug frowns and shuffles a few scraps of parchement on his desk. A small storm cloud of cigar smoke hangs along the craggy heights of his shelf-like brow

"I always have work, my concern is whether you'll fight the enemy or f##* them."

He pulls out a scrap

"How would you like to take a trip to the Outlands? You know Plague-Mort? The gate town to the Abyss? There's a gang war going on right now, an' several folks want to lann the darks* of the matter. You go in, pretend to be unattached mercs, and lann what you can of the situation."

Cant:

Spoiler:
Lann the Darks: Learn the straight scoop/secrets


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Tug frowns and shuffles a few scraps of parchement on his desk. A small storm cloud of cigar smoke hangs along the craggy heights of his shelf-like brow

"I always have work, my concern is whether you'll fight the enemy or f*$+ them."

As long as I get the job done, what do you care? Turns to the Mad Badger. Whattaya think, Badge? Ready to duke it out with some demons?

301 to 350 of 744 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Swords in Sigil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.