Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Swords in Sigil

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This is to be the PbP extension of Mass Monkeyshines.


51 to 100 of 733 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"So where are we headed?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Uh, you know, Alyda, you look really--erm--good today. I was wondering, uh, if you had any plans for next Saturday night?


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok rolls his eyes. "Hey Crimmy think you could wait a on the getting dates till I don't know after we have accomplished this mission?"

"Hey Alyda, why don't you promise to give him a date next Saturday and then we don't have to hear this th rest of out trip?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Badger, I don't think we have to worry about this mission at all. I'm not a particularly wise fellow, and I can't usually claim to be in tune with the cosmos, but I, somehow, feel that no matter what happens in this escapade, we will survive.

[Metagame!]

Turns back to Alyda.

Would you like to go to the theater? I hear Cesario Bologna's new one, The Crossbow Above the Fire is quite thrilling.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok sighs "Well Alyda do you want to talk about theater or are you in a rush to get this job done? Cause if you two are going to make doe eyes at one another I have stuff I can do... mainly not be here."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

What, can't you walk and talk at the same time, Badger?

EDIT: Actually, I guess DM Monkey never said we were walking, but I thought we were.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Until Alyda tells us were we are going it is going to be useless to start walking I think."

"Anyways so are you going to give him his date or what? I prefer quiet time when I walk allowing me time to think of the mission ahead of us less distrations the better."

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Sorry. Getting distracted a bit

Alyda walks quickly farther into the Lower Ward. She looks back to see if the two follow. Then with an artistic whirl of her black woolen cloak, she heads towards the distant brooding complex the Cagers call the Great Foundry

The Great Foundry is home to the Godsmen, a faction dedicated to evolving closer to god hood. They spend a lot of their time forging items for the many armies that buy weaponry for their troops here. Scattered along the boulevard they walk down are specialty shops dedicated to intricate smith work and magical weaponry

As they head further, the fog thickens and assumes a yellowish tint from the smoke belching from a hundred tall smokestacks. Breathing becomes labored, and the stone facings of the buildings acquire a sooty crust.

After a long trek through, they begin to see the Hive along the weird arch effect Sigil has in the distance.

running out of steam, post some more later


Bribes always welcome

OK, a better description as I have comp on with access to materials.

Alyda smiles at Crimson's query.

"Maybe you'd like to go see Frebek Desperio's new performance work Fall of the Mighty over at the Grotto Theater near Lazz's?* I can't get enthused about bougeous theater. So predictable."

They walk through the throng of Godsmen that crowd the street around the Foundry District. They take Alehouse Row, a wide street lined with drinking and sporting establishments of all shapes and sizes, catering to the thirsts and desires of the foundry workers.

They head up Gear Street into the Gear Run district. This area caters to fantastical clockwork mechanics. Warforged constructs built to mimic humanoids and animals walk the streets with more mundane gnomes and soot-streaked humans.

Leaving the bizarre sight behind, they take the Alley of Dangerous Angles into Hellgate. Hellgate is a district known to house denizens of the Lower Planes. The atmosphere takes on an even more unsalubrious quality, with the exhalations of various portals to perditions mingling with the ever-present sulfur from the smokestacks.

They exit onto Gramercy Street, which fronts the odd scar in Sigil's urban landscape know as The Ditch. The Ditch is basically a huge ravine filled with reeking liquid effluvent mixture. Both The Hive and The Lower Ward use it to dispose of anything unwanted. Several large portals to watery destinations can be found there, and there is somewhat of a shipping industry where venturesome captains can steer their boat to The Ditch's rickety keys from various locations around the mutiverse.

Alyda leads them over an ancient-looking stone bridge and into the Hive proper. The trestle is jammed with young skinny Hivers trying to catch a fish. One look at some of what they have caught in that reeking green water is enough to put one off of seafood for a month.

The trio walk into the Hive, heading into the Goatswood District. This area is home to many fey and elven folk, but ones that have come up short in the luck department. Crimson is momentarily distracted by a bevy of elven women in garish makeup and scanty leather clothing waving to him from a nearby corner until he hears Alyda snicker

"I wouldn't go that way, Crimmy. A lot of those elven 'maidens' are hiding surprises for the unwary. Just because they call themselves Galadriel dowsn't mean they weren't born Legolas."

Alyda walks with the easy stride of the unconcerned. Our two protagonists can't quite match her sangfroid. As they enter deeper into the Hive Ward, they feel more and more eyes lingering on them. The buildings become shabbier and shabbier, with graffitti snakescrawling along the crumbling stone fronts.

A lot of youth dressed in Xaos colors and sporting their trademark asymetrical spiked hairdos lounge about. Many of them give the three the hard stare.

The only business that seems to be booming here are the taverns. The streets are lined with alehalls of the meanest quality, all doing great business despite the early hour.

The trio walk into an open area lined with faded and patched tents, known as the Night Market. Despite its name, there is business going on here, and merchants hawk everything from animals to brass pots. Alyda brings them to a halt

"I gotta meet with my contact here. Be chill, my dear cutters."

She stands by a post pole, it's grey splintery circumference plastered with centuries of broadsheets advertising goods, services and revolutions.

Anything you want to do or just wait?

Slang:

Spoiler:
Lazz's refers to Lazz's School of Vivid Unpleasantness, a large 'bardic' college which caters to the avant garde of the arts. Like many schools of its kind it is a mixture of starveling artists and rich dilletants all trying to become famous for their craft. It is also a hotbed for the Sensate, Xaositect and Anarchist factions. They recruit many of their namers (faction footsoldiers) from among the student body.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

(OOC: Night Market is it like a Black Market where anything can be found for a price?)

The Mad Badger keeps and eye on Alyda curious to see who she is meeting but stays put. He still does not trust her. He also keeps an eye on his friend and glares and looks intimidating to any who take too much interest in them and what they are doing.

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Crimson Masque attempts to keep up a witty patter about theater.

Perform: Seduction 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 (just to make her think I'm cultured and refined, not to get her into bed)

Quote:
"I wouldn't go that way, Crimmy. A lot of those elven 'maidens' are hiding surprises for the unwary. Just because they call themselves Galadriel dowsn't mean they weren't born Legolas."

Under his breath, the Masque mutters

It doesn't matter when its Arcturian, baby!

When she leaves, the Masque turns to the Badger and says

Isn't she just a dream come true?

The Masque smiles inanely at passers-by.


Bribes always welcome
The Mad Badger wrote:

(OOC: Night Market is it like a Black Market where anything can be found for a price?)

The Mad Badger keeps and eye on Alyda curious to see who she is meeting but stays put. He still does not trust her. He also keeps an eye on his friend and glares and looks intimidating to any who take too much interest in them and what they are doing.

Intimidate 1d20 + 10

Yeah, it's pretty much a flea market mixed with an old-time farmers market and liberally seasoned with cheap stolen goods of various quality. You wont find anything more magical for sale here than a quack healing potion, mostly

The Mad Badger can see there are a lot of tough customers about, but the really crazy are likely freshening their drunk at one of the local bars. Most of the Peak crowd is looking for bargains, and give the glowering half orc a wide berth.


Bribes always welcome
The Crimson Masque wrote:

The Crimson Masque attempts to keep up a witty patter about theater.

Perform: Seduction 1d20+17 (just to make her think I'm cultured and refined, not to get her into bed)

Quote:
"I wouldn't go that way, Crimmy. A lot of those elven 'maidens' are hiding surprises for the unwary. Just because they call themselves Galadriel dowsn't mean they weren't born Legolas."

Under his breath, the Masque mutters

It doesn't matter when its Arcturian, baby!

When she leaves, the Masque turns to the Badger and says

Isn't she just a dream come true?

The Masque smiles inanely at passers-by.

The Crimson Masque attempts to look cool and suave. Alyda does him the favor of not laughing at him, but there is a sparkle in her eyes.

Alyda darts off and collars a small urchin and says something to him. The boy runs off and she returns to the post.

"We're meeting a cutter named Zorzeg. Old Zor is one of Quake's location scouts, and he owes me a favor. He's our ticket into Hive Central* without getting penned in the deadbook*."

Slang:

Spoiler:
The Hive Central District is the heart of the Hive Ward. It is the most dangerous part of Sigil, mainly because it is where the Xaositect faction keeps kip (lives)

Penned in the dead book: Killed


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

At Crimmy's mention of her being a dream he raises an eyebrow.

"More like my nightmare. But if you like and her and say she is okay I am willing to give her a leash ... but a short one. I still think she knows alot more about what happened that night ... I mean she was the first one by her body. Now I know she didn't do it I am not saying that I mean if I beleived that I would have killed her already. But I know she knows something my friend and one day I will find out what."

When she returns. He grunts "Yeah not too keen on getting penned into the deadbook this day. I have stuff to do still."

"Lets find this Zoreg friend of yours."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Crimson Masque can't for even one second believe that Alyda is anyway culpable in Badger's hottie's death, but has learned from experience not to argue about it.

Yes, the quicker we find this Zoreg, the quicker we can get to the theater.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad Badger shakes his head but does not say anything focused or trying to focus on keeping the two of them alive.

Keeping an eye out for anything his hairs here are probably on end and he is on the balls of his feet hands free ready for anything.

Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Bribes always welcome

. Lol. I see y'all took my advice

The trio wait for a few minutes, watching the hustle and flow of the various thieves, pimps, grifters and quacks that make up the crowd. Eventually a group of Xaositects come from around a tent corner and stride towards them. They are bedecked in soiled leathers, with many supplementing them with bits of rusty armor. Their hairdos are a riot of color and shape, no two alike. Most are tattooed in various and bizarre ways. Metal piercings festoon their faces, as do many scars. Most look relatively human, but one in the back seems to have a healthy dash of large demon in his ancestry

A lanky cutter with purple-streaked blonde hair ambles closer

"'Sup 'Lyda. You need me?"

Alyda nods

"gotta see a lady about a 'do I'm putting on. I need to pack the house"

Zorzeg nods and looks at the two others

"Your escort?"

Alyda nods

"A girl cant be too careful these days"

Zorzeg gives them the once over

"Right. Ok, this pays the favor for the Mausoleum caper, agreed?"

Alyda smiles

"Most assuredly. Lead on"

Zorzeg looks at the trio

"You look like a trig lot, but I'll tell you the straight dark*. This is a bad place for non-faction I'm taking you. Don't rattle your bonebox* any more than you need to. I am a high blood*, but we don't have a chain of command. Some namer decides to shank you, all I can do is beat him down. Stay with my crew, I have their loyalty"

Slang

Spoiler:
. Dark(s): information, knowledge, rumors
Bonebox: mouth (teeth are the bones here)
Blood: important, powerfull, deadly, well-connected person


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok gives Zorzeg a once over then nods in agreement.

"I am not looking to cause any trouble just here for a job. I have no beef with anyone I will only raise my weapons if drawn upon."


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

man my perception roll stunk up the joint. I was not noticing anything at all lucky I saw them coming over.


Bribes always welcome

Zorzeg grins tightly at the Mad Badger

"Wise position."
He beckons to his posse and begins talking rapidly in Scramble*

"We're Central to going right. Drunk keep away the berks three these from."

If no other actions I'll write the next scene tomorrow

slang:

Spoiler:
Scramblespeak: the Xaositects scramble their words in a pattern that is hard to decipher quickly unless you are a faction member. It's also used to confuse non faction members


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Crimson Masque keeps mute and stares intently at Alyda's enticing backside.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Kravok leans over to his friend. "there is a little bit of drool cing out of your mouth man. Come on I have seen you bag hotter than her without blinking an eye act like you have been there with your usual swagger."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

The Masque snaps out of his reverie.

Yes, yes, it's kind of you to say so, chap, but gestures do you ever think an anarchist and a guy like me...


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Idly flips a coin.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Honestly my friend you could have whom ever you wanted ... the problem is once you have them you get bored of them. She is smaet enough to know this about you ... so she holds it back from you to make you want her more. So you are never going to change in the near future so chances of getting into her agian ... slim and none and slim just left the building my friend. "

After the Crimson Masque gives him a dirty look he responds. "Hey don't ask me if you dont want to hear the honest answer. I am a half-orc after all pretty much straight to the point."


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Yawns.

I don't know if I'd say I get bored with them. I've just got to have them all. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. A cleric of Ilmater once said something about satyrisiasis, but what do those eunuchs know?

And don't you think Alyda is taking a long time? I wonder if something has happened to her?


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad badger glances around to see if he can see her.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Or perhaps something else that may catch his eye.


Bribes always welcome

Sorry for my absences. It has been a friggin rough two weeks with the summer spin up and my wife being left high and dry by one of her employees. I will attempt to update this later on today. I unfortunately have to travel off snd then back on Cape today. Pray for me =|


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

No probs, Dungeon Monkey, there's always politrolling to be done!


Bribes always welcome

And away we go ..

Zorzeg and his rainbow-haired posse lead the trio down into a narrow causeway called Two Lamp Lane. The lane is choked with piles of refuse. Potholes of rancid water dot the muddy stones they walk along.

Zorzeg takes them down a left, then a right, the two lefts in quick succession. As fast as you can say go, The trio find themselves in Hive Central.

The buildings here dont look built. They look as if they were grown out of piles of rubbish. Something big once fought here, but whether it was a mob or a pissed-off demon lord was hard to tell. The fronts of several of the crumbling structures were burned black, often to the point where the stone had buckled. Razorvine covers every vertical surface, its glossy black leaves ghost still in the breezeless streets.

The streets have now begun to fill with Xaositects. They seem pretty aimless, as befits a faction dedicated to chaos, but Zorzeg heads towards the larger concentrations, stopping occasionally to trade fast-paced snippets of Scramblespeak with other Chaosfolk.

Eventually, the three and their escort arrive at a decently-sized empty lot fronting an old warehouse-looking building. A group of young Xaositects swarm the area, cleaning it up and setting up what looks to be a stage and some old ratty tables. A few paint the legend'Quakes Place' on the buildings front.

Zorzeg pauses at the door and speaks with a few burly Xaositects guarding it. They nod and Zorzeg and Alyda move forward.

"Darling Crimmy, I'll be back in a trice, but this is Movement business, you know, and I have to leave you outside with your cutter."

She glances back briefly at the Mad badger, but focuses her brilliant green eyes on the red-masked bard.

"You'll be good and wait for me to come back, yes?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Of course, baby.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

If nothing of interest pops out, the Masque casts summon instrument and strikes up a jaunty tune.


Bribes always welcome

Roll me a perform check


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

I'm just playing for fun, but, okay

Perform: String 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad Badger mumbles an old tune he once heard "Alone again naturally."

He keeps his head on a swivel looking out for anything that may come their way. If anyone stops to long or looks at them with too much interest like they maybe target he gives a long stare to discourage it.

He is on edge and is not afraid to show it. The Masque may not know how much danger they are in but it is generally his job to be worried and keep the two of them out of trouble and bail them out phyiscally if they do. Diplomacy is the Masque's job.

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Finishes tune. Looks around.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue
The Crimson Masque wrote:

Finishes tune. Looks around.

Perception 1d20-1

Must have gotten side tracked looking at another fine a$$. Already forgetting at least momentarily Alyda.


Bribes always welcome

One of the guards nods to the Masque

"pretty play you. To you faction what do belong?"


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Krovak gives Masque a discrete eye not to say too much especially here.

bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Which pretty much ends up him raising his eyes and giving him a blantant look.


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

You know, I've never been much into politics.

Dismisses lute.


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad Badger smiles at his friends quick wit. Relaxing perhaps knowing he has avoided that pit fall.

He then focuses back on the street looking for possible danger.


Bribes always welcome

The guard nods

"Indep"*

He goes back to looking out over the crumbling skyline. The rain is thickening, and gushes of dirty water occasionally sluice down from broken gutters high above.

After a fairly dull wait, there seems to be a little action out near the edge of the plaza they are at. A scrum of some sort, where the Xaositects seem to be tossing a fuzzy ball around. A sudden high-pitched shreik gives away that the ball is living, but at this distance it is hard to see


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

I see an asterik, but I don't see an explanation.

Knowledge (Planes)1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

Badger keeps his mind on his work right now not allowing something to distract him. But perhaps a little concerned his friend may not have the sam willpower.

Wisdom check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Bribes always welcome

ack forgot the explanation

*

Spoiler:
indep is basically the faction for folks who don't really have a faction. The faction is officially the Free League, and are concerned with matters of trade and city politics. However, most non-factioned folks are considered Indeps by default


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

(OOC: So would someone who is an "Indep" not draw much care from the other factions? If that is the case the Mad Badger says the follwing)

"Yeah we are Inpeds, not much for factions and politics. We prefer coin and are more the merc types. But when we get paid we stay paid you get my meaning?"


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Um, Badger, he's already gone. Hey! Look at that! That ball is alive! You think we should check it out?

Strides over to the site of the sport.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

The Mad Badger reaches out to grab the Crimson Masque by the shoulder.

"Hey Remember we are supposed to wait here? If you get distracted and go off to see the little game they are playing then bad things may happen ... mostly I fear to you."


male half-orc Barbarian-6th/1st Rogue

"Aanyways, your lady friend is going to be back soon enough lets hang around here eh?"

He takes another look towards the fur ball and the game going on hoping the Crimson has not drawn too much attention to himself.

Still leaving his hand on his friends shoulder he takes a quick look around to make sure they have drawn too much attention to themselves and that no one has pick up on thme as a target.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Bribes always welcome

You both got adequate Perception rolls, so...

As the Mad Badger grasps the Masque's shoulder they both look over at the scrum and realize that the brown ball is actually some sort of small animal. The animal in fact seems to be wearing clothing, so might actually be a small fey or something of the like


Male Sexy 7th-level Bard

Can we check it out now, Badger? Please?

51 to 100 of 733 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Swords in Sigil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.