Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sv's - First Steps part 1 : In Service to Lore

Game Master sveden

GM-Sveden attempts his first PBP campaign. In Service to Lore is part one of the three part First Steps series of modules.


251 to 300 of 389 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Is there a rope to pull it over top of our crate? Or a ladder to crawl up to it?

perception check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


No ladders and most of the rope is either too short to be any use or too rotten.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal will look to see how high up the track system and if there is any sign of how they get up to it?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

lol do I fall in the hole while looking up?


You don't observe any easy way to attach the rope. Its possible with some climbing.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I vote we have someone go out in the boat and paddle to the edge of the hole. Then we have Tico go out on the boards and attach a rope around our box. we will try to pull our box in slowly. But have the rope wound around one of the pillars in the room. if the box drops we can then slowly lower it into the boat. Any other suggestions?

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco walks around the hole several times will resting his chin on the back of his hand supported by his other arm at the elbow. He stops holds his arms out as if measuring and then takes a step to the left. He then closes one eye and measures the box between finger and thumb a few inches from his face.

"Sounds OK to me!"


That sounds like a good plan. As soon as Ticco is ready we will assume that whoever volunteers positions the boat.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Works for me. I will woman the boat.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco picks up the rope, ties off a loop and gingerly steps out towards the box.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Ticco carefully walks out to the box. His foot slips at a misstep but he is saved, just barely, by the extra planks now bracing the hole in the floor.

Shaking the nerves from his step he loops the rope around the box and secures it.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

Goddess, do not tease me so!

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

LOL

Once Wren calls out she is in position I will start pulling the chest towards me.

I will pull it toward me. Alliver and Tico take the slack out of it by holding onto the rope after it is wrapped around the pillar a couple of times. Ticco you keep shifting the slack out of my side to Allivers by pulling the rope around the pillar please. if the chest falls and I can't hold it, you should be able to hold it by using the pillar wrappings Alliver.


Ticco and the box slowly inch their way to more stable ground.

The three crowned crate feels to weigh about 40lbs and is nailed shut with a few finishing nails around the top.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

"Very well."

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Don't drop the box. Do not drop the box.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco crouches next to the crate and traces a finger around the crown symbols.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Once we get it pulled to stable ground we will wait for Wren to get back inside and then open it.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Can I come inside yet?


The crate is on solid ground and being fondled by the gnome. Perhaps someone could open the crate so you can move onto your next task

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal will pry the top of the crate open.

You would be inside with us Wren


Inside the crate you find a smaller mahogany box. Inside this box are 5 books and a collection of loose sheets of paper inside a leather folder.

The crate itself contains many useful items. There is a small leather pouch containing a set of fine thieves' tools, three flasks of alchemical fire, one flask of acid, a dozen jars of inks, a footprint book, a pouch of admantine weapon blanch, three bags of powder and some dice and cards.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

"Books!"

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I believe the small mahogany box is what Gauril wanted. So the books and papers are his.


Alliver scans the spines of the books and reads, Practical Thaumaturgy In Accordance with Creation, Geographic Anomalies of the Inner Sea, Under Kaer Maga: A Trial and Travel, Physiology of Dragons: An Illustrated Reference, Lost Sarusan.

I'd kill for the chance to read thru 'A Trial and Travel'.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Where do we want to head next?

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

I care not. Neither the Crusade nor the desert dwellers interest me. If forced to choose, I say the Crusade.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco scans the good s touching everything at least once. He opens each of the books and smells their pages and then inspects their spines and ornamentation. Each glass jar gets held up to the light and each powder bag gets weighed against the others.

"These are mine!", he points at a small pile that has appeared sorted and separated from the rest.

If no objections I'll take: 1 flask of alchemist fire, 1 flask of acid, the footprint book and the Thaumaturgy book.


Remember, the books and papers are to be delivered to Guaril

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I believe we have to return that book to Guaril along with the others that were in the smaller box, little one

Karal points to the Thaumaturgy book

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Let's return guaril's books before Ticco gets too many fingerprints in them.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

My fault I misread what was in what box

Ticco, with arm outstretched still pointing at the pile, turns to the side slightly so that the book on thaumaturgy is now just out of his view.

He then repeats, "These are mine!"

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

My fault I misread what was in what box

Ticco, with arm outstretched still pointing at the pile, turns to the side slightly so that the book on thaumaturgy is now just out of his view.

He then repeats, "These are mine!"


After returning the box of papers and books to Guaril you have two tasks remaining

Tasklist

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal would like to go to the temple of the shining star next.

Has anyone else noticed we seem to be being followed?


Making your way north, the party once again passes through the busy Coins to the Ascendant Court district. Arriving at the Temple of the Shining Star, a massive temple to Sarenrae, you are immediately directed to Ollysta Zadrian.

The head of the Silver Crusade is a woman young in years but strong in her faith and service as a Paladin of Sarenrae.

She notices your arrival and strides across the room to greet you.

“Thank the light of Sarenrae you have arrived! I knew Venture Captain Valsin would come through for us in the Silver Crusade. I desperately need you to bring medicine to an orphanage and let me know if the headmistress, Gilga Baltwin, is deserving of our charity.

Since our doors opened, the needy have clamored for our aid, and I suspect some are abusing our generosity. It may sound paranoid, but there are plenty of dishonest people out in the world eager for easy gold.

But perhaps you are not familiar with our cause here in the Silver Crusade? After discovering so many factions splintered the Society, a number of us banded together to proliferate the cause of charity and kindness using the Society’s resources. As it is said, ‘The Dawn brings new light’ and I’ve made it my life’s work to use our recent darkness to bring a new light to the world and to the Pathfinder Society.

I apologize for straying off point. Will you bring this parcel of medicine to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery in the Eastgate District?”

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco stands directly beneath the parcel and stares sternly up at the paladin. His hands remain on his hips. It would appear he is in between thoughts of outbursts that would do nothing short of sully the woman's impression of the group.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I would be honored to assist you in this manner, Lady Zadrian.


"Excellent, we appreciate your help in this matter."

Ollysta hands the parcel to Karal.

"If there is nothing else, Mistress Baldwin is expecting this delivery this afternoon."

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Thank you M'Lady. We shall be on our way.


Exiting the temple, the directions point you towards a residential area of the Eastgate district.

GM:

W: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
T: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
K: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
A: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

What now intrepid couriers of justice?

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Head to the orphanage


Alrighty... was waiting to see if anyone else was chiming in but we shall proceed directly yo ze orphanage.


Wren, Karal:

As you head to the orphanage you get an uneasy feeling. You can't quite place it but you swear you are being watched.

After a short trip across the city you find the Orphanage in the Eastgate District easily.

Nearly swarming with cats and children, Auntie Baltwin's fine upper-class home appears to be clean and in good condition considering the number and ages of its inhabitants. Three youngsters shoot marbles in the dirt near the side porch, and a glance inside the open front door provides a view of strewn toys and more cats. A few children take care of chores, while coughs and sneezes softly erupt from the children’s dormitories upstairs.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

"This must be hazing. How dreadful."

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I would like to talk to the three kids shooting marbles before we go in.

That looks like a fun time. This must be a fun place to live huh?

Diplomacy
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco miraculously appears in the group playing marbles. Stooping and looking intent, he blends well with the children; hair color aside. He stares wide eyed waiting for his turn.

disguise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


GM:

Steffan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Thomas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Lionel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As Karal approaches the three boys look up expecting to be told to move aside by the approaching adult. They are pleased to be greeted with such an exciting prospect as playing marbles with a Dwarf.

One of the boys speaks up clearly more swayed by Karal's speech than the other two.

"Hi, what's your name? Mine is Thomas. Would you like to play marbles too? I guess this place is OK. Its better than being hungry."

He makes room for you by shoving one of the smaller children aside.

One of the boys, slightly older than Thomas, chides him for rough-housing.

"Thomas! What are you doing pushing a stranger like that? Auntie Baltwin wouldn't be happy."

The boy, who introduces himself as Steffan, picks Ticco up off the ground and apologizes.

"For a minute there I thought you was just some new kid but then I remembered there ain't no gnomes in this orphanage."


Karal, you have definitely gotten Thomas to open up to you. The other two are a little more wary. IE an additional Diplo check on each boy warm them up.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

Goddess, is this how it dies? Does he take laborious human children with him? Please do not tease me any further, Goddess.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Sure I will take a shot at it. Yeah it isn't fun being hungry. So Auntie Baldwin must be pretty nice huh?

additional diplomacy rolls while breaking out some cheese and meat from the pack and sharing with the boys

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

251 to 300 of 389 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay - In Service to Lore - Sveden's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.