Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sv's - First Steps part 1 : In Service to Lore

Game Master sveden

GM-Sveden attempts his first PBP campaign. In Service to Lore is part one of the three part First Steps series of modules.


201 to 250 of 389 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Could we throw Ticco through the hole in the floor? Have him run around to unlock the door?


That would require Herculean Strength. Or the gnome launching crossbow from Ultimate Equipment.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Oh, c'mon! The gnome can't be that heavy. I'm sure Karal and I could chuck Ticco into next week if we had to.

Fine... What about the double doors water side? Is there enough space to land a grappling hook on? Is there a ledge someone could then stand on?

Or should we just bust the door down?

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco crouches in a thinking position arms wrapped around knees. "Can't throw me. Can't reach high enough. Can't cast strong enough," he mutters to himself.

"I think we should hook the boards. Pull the whole mess down into the water. Grab the crate. Get it into the boat. I'll send a flare into the warehouse to blind whatever is up there if anything. We paddle away. Then we can check to see if this crate is the one we want."


There is a narrow ledge in front of the dockside doors. A person could stand on it if they were careful.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Wren, much as I hate to say this, Ticco may have a plan.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Hrm, I don't think dropping a box from a height of fifteen feet into a boat is a good idea. I think we should simply break down the locked door. Karal, you carry a greataxe, correct? A few whacks and we should be inside.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal rows the boat back up to the main dock area.

Would either of you happen to have acid orb by chance? we may be able to melt the lock open? I fear the guard may come if I just start pounding on the door with my axe. If we must do that we need to posts some lookouts to see if anyone is coming


There is is not a soul in view of your party and the warehouse door you stand in front of.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I will pull out the axe and beat the front door down then


Karal breaks through the door in two even chops. The dry rotting wood giving way easily.

Darkness fills the warehouse, the ambient light from outside blocked by a filthy, oily film on the structure’s few windows. Throughout the warehouse, crates, boxes, and barrels lean against each other in vaguely sorted stacks. A lingering smell indicates some of the contents are certainly spoiled.

Karal and others with darkvision can see past the 20' radius of light from the open door. Other wise it appears dark inside the warehouse.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Question about lighting: Would it not be dim near the crate due to the whole in the floor? Also how much time has passed since I cast Dancing Lights? Less than a minute = move them up through the hole in the floor.

"Smells worse than a troll in there. Oooh barnacles!"

Ticco leans down to inspect some fungal growth on the door frame.


You'd have to stick your head in and look to see what the light condition around the hole is.

Ticco concentrates and brings the dancing lights back into focus.

The warehouse will be well lit once the dancing lights are moved into the warehouse

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Thanks but no thanks!

Ticco, now on all fours, pushes on some crystallized salt formation forming on a dock board. Under his breath he says, "Shineys should be ready. They will wink before long though."

He stands up and moves towards the door.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal will take a quick look inside and if nothing seems ready to attack walk in.
Let's get this done, I don't like the smell in this musty old place. Reminds me of old tailor Tharak's room back home


Karal moves inside the warehouse. Looking to his right he sees a pile of coffins on the far wall and a few crates.

Map

Move your tokens your base speed into the warehouse and I will reveal more as the dancing lights are shifted.


Karal and Ticco move into the warehouse. The cluttered pile of "goods" in this warehouse is enough to make Gnome's eyes bug with curiosity.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco begins to wander off into the warehouse. He passes the dwarf and proceeds quietly; not so much by design but by accident born of amazement at all the unknown goodies that fill the space.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Karal, Wren and Ticco are now inside the warehouse. Alliver remains motionless on the dock outside.

As Ticco wanders into the warehouse, flanked by his dancing lights he sees many things.

Barrels, boxes and crates are stacked along the walls. Various kegs and crates are labeled with various types of foodstuffs; beer, flour, biscuits and the like. Most giving off an odor or food past its prime. Nearby a crate sits opened with several blocks of clay inside. A sack of cotton appears to have been chewed open and let spill onto the floor.

Ticcos also spies what they came here to get, a well fashioned crate with three Crowns arranged in a triangle. And of course its the crate currently teeter tottering over the rotted away hole in the floor.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

Alliver waits patiently outside.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

I begin looking for a box(es) marked with three crowns.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco in his amazement also notices Wren looking around. He walks back over to her, tugs on her skirt and points to the box they came to get. He then regains his bewilderment down a different path.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal looks at the hole to try to judge how rotted the boards are around it.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Is the green area where the rot extends to?


As Karal approaches the hole in the floor he stops. That section of floor doesn't look very secure. One would need to be watch where one steps near that rotten hole.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Alliver, come on in. There is no one here. Let's get this over with.

Wren then moves next to Karal.

Karal, does the floor look safe? Ticco, how much do you weigh?

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I don't think it is safe to walk on. We need to find some real long boards to lay across it from one side to the other where it is safe. But the longest I see are the ones from the coffin like boxes behind us.

perception check looking around looking for longer boards

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


After about five minutes of searching Karal finds a few 10' long planks that might help.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

Alliver walks in. "Ahhh, excellent. You have ...the object. Yes. I shall ...watch the door?"

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco climbs up some boxes and peers over the edge of yet more stacked before him as he looks for Wren.

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

"Me? Hmm, I weigh about 39lbs. How much do you weigh?"


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

He asked of the human female's weight. The DIABOLIST human female. Just keep looking out the door. She'll do Pharasma's work.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

I will edge up and lay one of the 10' boards crosswise from t15 to u16 and then another one from u15 to u16 over the top of that one.

hopefully that will get Ticco close enough to hook a rope to the crate


Anyone who inches out across the newly placed boards will get a circumstance bonus on their Acrobatics check


GM:

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Wren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ticco: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Karal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Alliver: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14

As Karal finishes moving the last board into place over the hole he hears what sounds like claws scraping against wood as three Dire Rats appear from their hiding place among a stack of boxes.

INIT:
Wren: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Ticco: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Karal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Alliver: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Rats: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Surprise round:
Rats
Karal

Round 1:
Alliver
Wren
Ticco
Rats
Karal

If you cannot edit the map yourself feel free to state what grid you from and to and I will move your PC for you.


The rat closest to Ticco climbs the box from X8 to W9

climb: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

It bears its dirty maw at Ticco with an evil hiss.


The rat closest to Wren moves from U9 to U10.


Rat #3 charges Karal attempting to bite the Dwarf's ankle.

1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 = 12

The rat bounces off the hard metal protecting Karal.


Map of warehouse

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Not trusting the boards closest to the hole, Karal swings his axe at the rat beside him.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

Alliver moves forward next to a crate and fires on the U10 rat. attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Reminder! Remember the action economy in surprise rounds(one move or one standard action only). Karal, I'm going to rule that instead of swinging on your turn you drew your ax. I will use your excellent roll for your action on round one unless you wish to do something else.

Alliver remember to factor in the -4 penalty for shooting into Melee. As well as you need to draw your bow but don't have a BAB of at least +1. Assuming you still want to hit the rat... Your PC draws his bow, shoots, hits and then 5' steps slighty closer.

Karal draws his weapons and readies a mighty swing against the rat.

Alliver draws his bow and fires an arrow at the rat menacing Wren and scores a hit.

The rat quivers and falls to the ground dead.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

I 5' step back and whack the U12 rat with my staff.

1d20 ⇒ 10
damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


Wren moves and swings at the live rat near her but catches only air.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco has never seen a rat of this ilk before. Nonetheless he can sense it isn't so friendly. He hops backwards off the box he's on 5' step using acrobatics to jump down even though I don't know how high up I am and points a finger at the hissing rat W9.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 14 dex and the best I can do is fall over?

Fire Ray: 1d20 ⇒ 20 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
confirmation: 1d20 ⇒ 1 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 gtfo

I'll admit I have no idea what I'm doing with this character anymore.


The rat next to Ticco atempts to bite the gnome as he goes ass over tea kettle off the box.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The rat connects and bites into Ticco only to have the life blasted from it by a direct hit from the Sorcerer. It slumps lifeless over the edge of the crate.

Ticco stares up at the filthy rat and then down at the bite on his leg.

Ticco make a fort save


Karal swing and cleaves the last rat in two.

End of initiative

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Ticco shrugs off the filth festering in his wound.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Ticco, do you think those boards I layed over that hole will hold you? If so we need to attach a rope to the crate so we can pull it over to us.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco blows smoke from his smoldering fingertip. With the first step his leg nearly buckles from his new wound. He has earned himself a limp and does everything to exaggerate the pain he is in.

"AH... OH... EH... (huff huff) I'm probably not as heavy as those boards you laid across. AH... Go ahead and tie a couple loops and I'll see about gettin them around the box. OHH OOOOOh"

Is there a rafter or sturdy support beam over top the box? A point to hoist from maybe?


There does appear to be some sort of track overhead the warehouse uses to load and unload boats. Its a simple metal track with a pulley attached to it.

201 to 250 of 389 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay - In Service to Lore - Sveden's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.