Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sv's - First Steps part 1 : In Service to Lore

Game Master sveden

GM-Sveden attempts his first PBP campaign. In Service to Lore is part one of the three part First Steps series of modules.


151 to 200 of 389 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal walks up to the counter.

And what may we help you out with today, sir?


Looking around as if to be absolutely certain no customers are browsing the aisles of knock-off Thuvian burial urns or supposed Azlanti porcelain, he begins again.

“Well met. I am Guaril Karela. A friend of mine has a warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of me and some of my associates, but there’s a problem. See, Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse. Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law and the place was seized. I heard tell from someone down at the docks that some creep was snooping around his warehouse just the other night, so I want to make sure nothing of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things,from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every now and then he stores something really special.

This is one of those cases."

“There’s a big crate marked with three crowns arranged in a triangle. Inside that crate is a smaller container with a few books and papers in it. That’s the only parcel I’m interested in, and as far as I’m concerned, you can help yourself to the rest of the crate. Honestly, anything else you want in the place too. I’m sure the once things get sorted out, the city will seize most everything else anyway."

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

You have a map to his warehouse or something? And possibly a key?


"Yes, I can provide you with directions from here. It is not far. As for a key, I'm afraid my cousin Vincento holds the key at the moment. Industrious Pathfinders as yourselves should have no trouble entering a simple Pelican."

“I am glad you are willing to help, my friends. My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in and out of ports and across borders where the authorities ask too many questions. Most people don’t realize what they have and frankly many don’t deserve to have it, so sometimes we help take the goods off their hands."

Guaril now leans in close as if bringing you in on a secret.

"If things work out well and you get this done, I’d be glad to talk with you more and help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help me out too. I’m good at returning favors, trust me.”

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

"Did you say 'enter a pelican?'" Ticco says with eyes wider than usual.

These crazy fools are going to feed me to a pelican! I've never been inside a pelican before!


Guaril leans over the counter to get a better look at the speaker.

"A pelican warehouse. It stands over the harbor."

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

"There's a warehouse full of pelicans? Is that in case they run out of pigeons?"

Ticco turns and tugs on Wren's skirt, "What's this old coot talkin' about?"

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

"A Pelican is a type of warehouse built out over a dock. There is usually an entrance under the pelican so cargo can be moved directly from boat to warehouse.

"Now, as to the pigeon population of Absalom running low, I am unaware of a large number of squab being served. Roast gnome, on the other hand, is delicious. At least the devils of House Aeronica have led me to believe.

"No need to worry, Ticco. As you yourself have said, The Docks need to worry about me."

To Guaril:
"So we simply return with your papers? Is there anything about this pelican of which we should be aware? Like, maybe, the actual owners?


"I would be very surprised if Master Gelbane returns to Absalom anytime soon. I don't anticipate any problems."

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

the simpler it sounds, the more I worry

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

takes the directions from Guaril

Let's go get you a Pelican, my little gnome friend.


Perched on the end of a long pier fifteen feet above the water, the warehouse appears to struggle against its own roof, threatening to sag into the bay below. No light shines from the building’s windows and only the movement of gulls and pelicans stirs the scene.

Map for the warehouse.

Feel free to explore the dock but please wait before entering the warehouse itself.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

"HIYACHA! This place looks like a dump. I love it!"

Ticco runs from one side of the dock to the other checking the water for anything peculiar or interesting.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Wren moves to inspect the boat tied to the dock.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco sees Wren standing near the edge of the dock peering at a boat.

"Whatcha lookin at?"

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


A stout salt encrusted rope holds the small bobbing dinghy in place.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Does any one have a clue if this... vessel is sea worthy?

anyone have kn:engineering or profession sailor?


The boat appears to be above water and floating with no active leaks. ;)


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Alliver examines the boat as well.


From what Alliver can see from the dock this looks like a boat that gets used regularly and seems to be in fair condition.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1
GM-Sveden wrote:
The boat appears to be above water and floating with no active leaks. ;)

Ha ha. Very funny.

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

If the boat appears secure, Wren will move towards the door.

Ticco, anything so much as makes a ripple in the water, introduce it to fire. Karal, can you locate traps or similar deterrents? Alliver, you and I will be on lookout. I do not trust that sleaze ball.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco crouches and stares intently at the water.


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

"Mmm, yes. This does not seem ...quite on the level?"

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

perception check on the door to notice traps

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

I can try to spot the traps, but if I notice them there is not much I can do about them.


The door does not appear to have any traps. It does appear to be locked.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco takes Wren very literally and gets spooked by a thin wake that rocks the dinghy. His eyes light up and a grin spreads across his face. Without breaking his crouch he raises a finger and points it at the small boat.

Cast fire ray on the boat; usage 2/7

Totally satisfied with a job well done Ticco stands and turns around. He finds the rest of the group staring at a door on the side of the warehouse as a small plume of smoke rises behind him.

As he approaches the group he reports, "Killed it!"

Ticco nudges his way through the crowd and stares at the locked door. He gets down on all fours and peers through the crack under the door. He starts to mumble softly and flattens his hand against the dock.

Cast Mage Hand

A soft blue translucent hand separates from the little gnome's fingers and slips underneath the warehouse door.

Use Mage Hand to unlock / open the door from the inside? IS this possible. Otherwise I'm just going to burn the whole warehouse to the ground.


The bolt of fire singes a large spot into the wood but has no further effect.

Unfortunately you cannot unlock the door in that way.

As Ticco attempts to open the door he finds that it is fairly sturdy and indeed locked.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Can we see the other doors from the dock? How high are they? Would we be able to open the doors from the boat? Or, better yet, can we all get in the boat and row under the pelican looking for an entrance?

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

Will I need to make an acrobatics check to get in the boat? If you say yes...


There appear to be a set of doors overlooking the water. They are on the same level as you just around the corner on a narrow ledge.

Most Pelicans have floors so going underneath the warehouse is an option you'd just have to figure out how to get through the floor.


It looks like if one took their time climbing into the boat one wouldn't need to worry about going for an unannounced swim.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

Karal will look around the door to see if there are any latches to unlock it with a perception or if there are hinges on this side.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

ahh well--time to go join Wren in the boat


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

"Mmmmm, yes. Ticco, join them in the boat. I will keep solemn watch from here." Pharasma, let the gnome drown.


Assuming Ticco also wishes to get in the boat.

Ticco, Karal and Wren sit in the dinghy. From this vantage point you can see that this pelican warehouse, like all the others, is out over the water roughly 15-20' above the water. Creating an open area underneath the warehouse.

The boat is tied to the dock at the moment.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco seeing everyone give up on the door moves to the boat and unties it from the dock. He then jumps into the boat.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


FYI its generally a WIS roll to pilot a boat. So knock yourself out if you 3 want to row the dinghy somewhere.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Wisdom of 10 is considered average human IRL wisdom correct? Piloting a rowboat 40 feet should not be an issue. Though I should be allowed to propel us through the water by combustion... level 1 sucks :/

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

rowing the boat

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Karal rows the boat, like a champ.

After loosing the boat from the dock, Karal easily maneuvers the boat towards the warehouse.

Would you like to continue underneath the warehouse?

Cheliax

Female Human Wizard 1

yep


GM:
Sea Cat

sea cat stealh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Just kidding! Also, stop reading GM spoilers

The boat slips under the warehouse. Even in the daytime its still a little dark under here.


Karal:
Karal as you shift the boat under the warehouse you can clearly see a hole in the floor of the warehouse. But that is about all you can see until you get directly under the gap.

Ticco and Wren notice a break in the floor of the warehouse. Its quite dim however and the shape and size of the hole is hard to make out.

Grand Lodge

Char Sheet hp 9/9 / AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2

Ticco looks up as they approach the belly of the beast.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As the boat gets further underneath the warehouse so does the daylight further recede.

Cast Dancing Lights under the center of the warehouse; use 1/1


Ticco raises his hand and mutters a few distinct words. Four pale red light spring forth from his fingertips and rise to illuminate the rickety underside of the warehouse.

Above you notice a gap in the floor roughly 10' wide. Perched across the hole a few rotting boards hold aloft a simple crate.

GM:
Wren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ticco: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Karal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Clarification, the floor of the warehouse is 15' above the water


M Elf Cloistered Cleric 1

I really don't ask that much of you, Goddess. Just this one gnome.

Silver Crusade

male dwarf AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17. (+7 armor, +2 Dex) conversion inquisitor/1

perception to see if the boards to the side of the hole are sturdy enough to withstand a grappling hook

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Karal peers at the rotting floor above his head.

Karal:
The edges look fairly rotted as well. Which is why you are guessing there is a hole up there in the first place. A grappling hook might eventually catch the edge but you have doubts it would hold very much weight for very long.

151 to 200 of 389 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay - In Service to Lore - Sveden's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.