Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master Gerald Rose

Fantasy Craft rules, Schrodinger's campaign setting (it don't exist until you get there/one of us makes it up), generic fantasy.


251 to 300 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Marco clubs his beastman with his mace, which staggers backwards away from his second swing. Darius beats another down with his matching weapon, and his foe falls twitching to the turf, skull crushed. Crow steps in and hammers the last beastman into the ground as if it was a large, hairy nail. Just as the group begins to gather their wits about them and assess the damage, another group charges out of the trees on the heels of the first and engages!

Darius parries the overhead smash intended for his forehead, and stands firm. Mead is blindsided by another, but the beastmans roar is enough to warn her and she pulls her head back just enough to avoid the killing strike. Crow is beset upon by a pair of bestial attackers, and though both fail to land a blow, the horrific chaos designs of the terrible axes take their toll, and a sliver of doubt enters Crows heart. Marco out on the right flank refuses to give ground to the enemy, and takes a blow on his armor, striking sparks and rattling his teeth.

Out of the cave a howling dwarf with an enormous red mohawk and no shirt comes barreling into the fray. "Lae th' lassie aloyn! I'll gie ye someain tae play wi'!!" His warhammer thuds into the beastman threatening Mead, but it does not fall. Ferment, seeing his pet human attacked takes aim and lets loose a blast of beer breath, and two of the beastmen are suddenly inebriated. Mead pulls a strange weapon out and hurls it, but her throw goes wide. The spinning boomerang sketches a graceful ellipse and begins to return to her waiting hand.

Round 2:

Marco vs. #4 = hit. 8 dmg penetrates. DC 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 pass
>Marco and #4 move. 2nd attack misses, Marco moves back Bonus 5ft step.

Darius moves and attacks #5 = hit 8 dmg penetrates. DC 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 fail, down.

Crow (edit) 5ft. Bonus step to #4. Critical hit, down.

Gristle init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
>holds until beastmen get closer

GM spends 3 action dice to summon reinforcements!

Beastmen move in and attack!

#1 vs. Darius = All-out attack Def 15 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 hit.
>Parry #2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 parry successful!

#2 vs. Mead = All-out attack Def 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
>1d10 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 dmg AP2, 18 penetrates.

#3 vs Crow = All-out attack Def 15 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 whiff.
>Crow takes 1 stress. Will DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 pass.

#6 vs. Crow = All-out attack Def 15 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 whiff.
>Crow takes 1 stress. Will DC 12 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 fail. Crow takes 1 grade shaken (may not take 10/20, -2 attack checks, Cha/Wis based skill checks.)

#7 vs Marco = All out attack Def 16 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 whiff.
>#7 takes 1 subdual (after DR) DC 10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 pass.

#8 vs. Marco = All-out attack Def 16 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 hit.
>1d10 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 6 penetrates.

Gristle moves and attacks #2 Def 12 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 hit.
>1d12 ⇒ 2 AP2, 2 penetrates. DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 pass.

Ferment (edit) moves over Mead and hits #1, #2 with beer breath. Def 12 1d20 ⇒ 17 hit. Will DC 10 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 both fail. Sickened 1d6 ⇒ 1 round.

Mead attacks, Def 12 and misses. Boomerang comes back.

Round 2 ends. Round 3 actions please!

23 Gristle
20 Marco Vit(9/35)
17 Darius
16 Crow Vit(27/33) Shaken I
9 Beastmen
#1 sickened(1)
#2 (dam2) sickened(1)
#3, 6, 7, 8
8 Ferment (invisible but not hidden)
6 Mead Vit(12/30)


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

+3 defense, not +2, +3 defense. That's twice I shouldn't have had to parry.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Rather discouraged, the two continue to swing away. Marco wearily swipes at the two beastmen facing him.

combat:

Marco tries for 7 and 8, pushes them back but does not follow.
Darius does the same with 1 and 2.
Marco 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Darius 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper dodges back from the monster that almost took her head off, somehow still managing to smile at the red-headed stranger. "Thanks mister." Her boomerang flies again.

Her voice drops into a low alto, the vibration of her tones... unpleasant. "The first group was warned and I'll do the same for you. Break off or face the consequences."

Round 3:
Mead:
Take up to a 5-ft step.
Half-action/attack: Throw boomerang, preferably at a non-sickened monster that I don't have penalties against.
Mead attack, hurled: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
possible subdual damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

half-action/attack: threaten one of the monsters (preferably one on Crow)
Mead Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 (+1 appearance if it makes a difference)
possible stress damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Ferment, staying near Mead 10-ft above ground breath weapon if he can catch monsters without hitting friends.
Ferment attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

"This is all you got? We can keep this up all day!" Crow shouts, trying to bolster the morale of himself and his friends as much as to lower that of the enemy. no in game affect as far as I'm aware

Round 3:

attack the beastman(#6) directly in front of him first, once it goes down switch to #7, #2 or #3 (in order, whichever is still up) if not.
Action1:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 29 +2 from Darius/Marco, -2 shaken
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
confirm with action die
Action2:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 12 +2 from Darius/Marco, -2 shaken
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 = 13

defense +3(or whatever) from Darius/Marco


Darius Reinhold wrote:
+3 defense, not +2, +3 defense. That's twice I shouldn't have had to parry.

According to the sheet you gave me Darius has a Defense of 13. +2 from 1/4 cover created by Marco is 15. Am I missing something?


logan:
Ah I see, You declared battle planning. That would be +2 Defense from 1/4 cover, +3 Defense from Battle planning for 18. You get your parrys back.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

[i]The dwarf makes short work of one of the beastmen, while Marco smacks the two on his side, one falling and the other getting a front kick to the chest, driving it back. Darius crushes the shoulder of his beastman, his mace shattering bone and tearing muscle. Crow takes the head clean off one of them in a spray of arterial blood and gore. His backswing glances off the temple of the last, and Meads boomerang takes it down.

The dwarf leans on his warhammer and grins a bloody grin. "Weel, anyain fa can kill a beastman loch 'at cannae be aw bad. I'll teel ye whit ye want tae ken. mebbe a body day we'll be battle brothers."

Round3:

Gristle vs. #2 = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 hit 1d12 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 3 7 subdual.
> DC 15 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 pass.
>2nd attack vs. #2 = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 hit 1d12 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 5 12 subdual.
>DC 20 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 fail, #2 down.

Marco vs. #7 = hit 10 dmg, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 fail, down.
Marco vs. #8 = hit 6 dmg, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 pass, push back.

Darius vs. #1 = hit 7 dmg, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 fail, down.

Crow vs. #6 = hit, confirm critical, down.
Crow vs. #3 = hit, 13 dmg. DC 16 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 pass.

#3 vs. Crow, all-out attack -2/+4 = Def 16 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 hit
>1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 AP2, 7 penetrating.

Mead vs. #3 = hit, 5 dmg, 3 penetrating. DC 18 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 fail, down.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper smiles over at the dwarf as she carefully picks her way around the fallen bodies - not all dead - to recover her boomerang.

Her head cocks to one side, "Do... You aren't Chapel. Are you the person who he owes money to?" Then she shakes her head and with an apologetic grin. "Sorry. Introductions. I'm Juniper. The big one is Crow. We're from Village." She gestures to the pair, "And they are Darius and Marco. They are here to see the law-enforcement protocols used here."

GM:
And when/if it is needed Mead Impress: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15.

Or if applicable, Mead would like to activate charming.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow nods curtly towards the dwarf, keeps an eye on the surroundings and any beastmen that have not been slain. "'ny reason ta try ta keep these alive?" he nudges one with a boot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mead:
Between Impress/influence and Charming his Disposition improves to +8 Intrigued.

"Hah! chapel aam nae. i've a contract wi' th' laddie, tae train heem tae barnie! 'En th' loon up an' says he wants tae quit. Sae Ah teel heem tae settle his debts, an' eh'd clear it."

The blood spattered dwarf turns to regard Crow, looking way up, "Beastmen. they're loch vermin, but bigger. Naethin' tae gain by keepin' them alife."

He then turns to squint at Darius and Marco. "Chapel said he woods come back haur an' pay up, sae we woods be e'en. but nae he's gain an' disappeared. Didne come back haur, didne gang back tae toon, nowhaur. Only a body place th' bairn coods be, an' Ah sure as heel arenae gonnae thaur!"

The dwarf hands over a folded parchment, a map in rough handwriting depicting the Mill, the bolt-hole and another location labeled "dragon". "Nam is Gristle by th' way. Interestin' hin' is thocht, thes map is a copy. Ah ken chapel's handwritin'. Someain else in mill hud tae ken whaur th' caves waur. Leery dornt ye hink?"

Mead DC 10 Investigate/decipher:
« 1d20 + mod = 19 + 7 = 26 » Only one place the kid could be, I sure as hell arent going there! Someone else in Mill had to know where the caves were. Suspicious dont you think?


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Grose wrote:
The blood spattered dwarf turns to regard Crow, looking way up, "Beastmen. they're loch vermin, but bigger. Naethin' tae gain by keepin' them alife."

Crow shrugs, puts the remaining beastmen out of their misery.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Take-10 on investigate for a 17.

Juniper listens to the dwarf's words, her brow furrowed in concentration. As she puzzles out his speech she starts to nod, looking at the map. "Could the old keeper, the one before Chapel, have told someone else that he thought was going to take over the trust?" Partially thinking out loud, partially asking Gristle.

Curiosity touches her bright green eyes, "Did Chapel promise you anything in particular to be even with you?"


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2
Crow of The Village wrote:
Grose wrote:
The blood spattered dwarf turns to regard Crow, looking way up, "Beastmen. they're loch vermin, but bigger. Naethin' tae gain by keepin' them alife."
Crow shrugs, puts the remaining beastmen out of their misery.

Juniper doesn't object but her shoulders droop a little as she tries to pretend she doesn't hear the crunch of bone beneath the heavy hammer.


"Th' loon offered tae pay in silver, an' if nae enaw, he woods try tae gie a hauld ay a sark ay dwarven mail frae a bloke in mill. Nae mony kin can lay claeem tae mithril these mirk days." Gristle scratches his head, "Will ye be payin' th' dragon a visit 'en?"

OOC:
The beastmen have Gor Axes (orc-forged axe) (1d10 lethal, threat 18, AP 2, 1 stress damage on a miss, S/1h, 12D, 40s), and filthy Partial leather armor. Also 230s, and a hideous statue of a female bestial humanoid formed of braizium, a bronze colored metal (85s).


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper nods, "It seems the next logical step in finding Chapel." A smile, "And to find out if the beastmen and the maws are connected to a larger problem."

"Do you want us to carry a message to the dragon or to Chapel?"


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Darius has nothing to contribute to this conversation and stands off to the side listening.

loot:
Nice axes but there's nothing in particular that I want from this loot. I'll just take my share of the silver when we sell it.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Correction, Darius sits off to the side tending to Marco.
Mend: take 10 - 17
2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
Marco mend 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Marco heals 6 vitality


"Nae, we jist need tae be sure he li'es ben thes. He still owes me bunsens! Hah! Ye aw micht want tae spend lae ay th' day an' nicht in th' cae. Ye swatch a bit wabbit it."

Gristle:
"No, we just need to be sure he lives through this. He still owes me money! Hah! You all might want to spend the rest of the day and night in the cave. You look a bit tired out."

OOC:
32lb of axes, 48lb of armor, yah.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow looks over at the others, nods with a smile at the Dwarf and before entering the cave takes a last sweeping look around and one up in the air for Barron.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Help? I figure my character would be having problems understanding too so what do I roll to get some translations?


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper looks at the mid-afternoon sun, her breathing still over-quick from the near call with the giant axes. She bites her lower lip, eyes concerned, "I'm tired... And it is a very kind offer to share your shelter, Gristle."

The red-head is clearly torn between the rest or pushing on with the few remaining hours of daylight. "How long has it been since you saw Chapel?" In her indecision, Juniper's hand finds Ferment's scaly head, scritching the scales.

Juniper does not have the strength to carry the weapons or armor, but the metal of the ugly statue interests her.


Darius Reinhold wrote:
Help? I figure my character would be having problems understanding too so what do I roll to get some translations?

Logan:
Check the Gristle spoiler.

The forest is quiet for now, the sound of small animals and the breeze stirring the trees returning the glade to its original, peaceful state. The corpses piled up around the cave entrance belie that peace somewhat, red soaking into the forest floor. Barron comes winging in and lands on Crows shoulder, doggedly trying to gobble down a sizable chunk of beastman which has somehow gotten separated from its original owner. Gristle says
"Ye folks gie some rest. thaur is a sprin' at th' back ay th' cae fur ye. i'll drag these aff some. Nae sense in havin' th' reek brin' in anythin'."

Spoiler:

You folks get some rest. There is a spring at the back of the cave for you. I'll drag these off some. No sense in having the smell bring in anything.

OOC:
10 hours of rest will net you 30 vitality back, +1 Wound. 4 hours Survival/forage check at DC 10 will get 1 day worth of food for everyone. That would allow for an early morning start at 6AM.

After a couple of hours, Gristle returns with a satisfied smile on his rough face. He pulls his hand through his giant mohawk and sighs contentedly. "Noo that's a guid days wark! Ah believe Ah will accompany ye in th' morn tae fin' yoong chapel. need tae protect mah investment ye ken?"

Spoiler:
Now that's a good days work! I believe I will accompany you in the morn to find young Chapel. Need to protect my investment you know?


The forest is quiet for now, the sound of small animals and the breeze stirring the trees returning the glade to its original, peaceful state. The corpses piled up around the cave entrance belie that peace somewhat, red soaking into the forest floor. Barron comes winging in and lands on Crows shoulder, doggedly trying to gobble down a sizable chunk of beastman which has somehow gotten separated from its original owner. Gristle says
"Ye folks gie some rest. thaur is a sprin' at th' back ay th' cae fur ye. i'll drag these aff some. Nae sense in havin' th' reek brin' in anythin'."

Spoiler:

You folks get some rest. There is a spring at the back of the cave for you. I'll drag these off some. No sense in having the smell bring in anything.

OOC:
10 hours of rest will net you 30 vitality back, +1 Wound. 4 hours Survival/forage check at DC 10 will get 1 day worth of food for everyone. That would allow for an early morning start at 6AM.

After a couple of hours, Gristle returns with a satisfied smile on his rough face. He pulls his hand through his giant mohawk and sighs contentedly. "Noo that's a guid days wark! Ah believe Ah will accompany ye in th' morn tae fin' yoong chapel. need tae protect mah investment ye ken?"

Spoiler:
Now that's a good days work! I believe I will accompany you in the morn to find young Chapel. Need to protect my investment you know?


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow clucks at Barron disapprovingly, turns to Mead, "'ah should prolly look aroun' hunt us up some grub. You rest up. The boys'l keep ya safe." he flashes a look that says he believes they will, with just a hint of "or else".

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper takes advantage of the offer of shelter to check out the cave. After refilling her canteen with water she pokes around looking for a pot... Then it's just a matter of asking Crow very nicely for a fire and she heats some water to clean herself and her leg wound up.

When Gristle comes back, "What were teaching Chapel?" Her tone friendly and curious, nothing more.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)
Crow of The Village wrote:
he flashes a look that says he believes they will, with just a hint of "or else".

Darius flashes a look back at Crow that says "we're guardsmen, of course we'll keep her safe"

I think that put together that Darius and Marco can take the gear. (light load 110lbs each, current gear, somewhere around 40lbs each)


"Th' loon wants tae be a fighter, a hero. Loch 'at a body ower thaur." He nods his head in the direction of Crows back as he leaves, mohawk swaying "Ah says tae heem, Ah can train ye tae be better than a hero. i'll teach ye tae be a warriur. Heroes hae a tendency tae die fur their pains. warriors bide oan tae pester th' yoonger generations."

Spoiler:
The boy wants to be a fighter, a hero. Like that one over there. I says to him, I can train you to be better than a hero. I'll teach you to be a warrior. Heroes have a tendency to die for their pains. Warriors live on to pester the younger generations.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

The nonverbal shrug of Crow's shoulders seem to say, "So be it."


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2
Gristle wrote:
"Th' loon wants tae be a fighter, a hero. Loch 'at a body ower thaur." He nods his head in the direction of Crows back as he leaves, mohawk swaying "Ah says tae heem, Ah can train ye tae be better than a hero. i'll teach ye tae be a warriur. Heroes hae a tendency tae die fur their pains. warriors bide oan tae pester th' yoonger generations."

Juniper grins, "I can see the definite advantage of being a warrior over a hero.... But you know us younger generation, all the bard songs are about the heroes. The glory blinds some of us."

Her smile grows a touch softer, "I, for one, would be very happy to have a warrior along with us... to keep the heroes in line. Not dying is relatively high on my personal list of 'to-do's."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OOC:
New scene. Everyone gets 1 action die for RP. Begin early morning, round 6am.


Morning comes to the forest, and the faint sounds of critters drift into the shallow cave. Gristle gathers his possessions in a business-like manner and is ready to be off in minutes. The group makes its way through the forest,round south of the Mill towards the lair of the dragon Clipwing. You have reached a point just southwest of Mill, perhaps half a mile from Clipwing's cave when Darius picks up on something. The sounds and smells are familiar, an encampment, cookfires burning. But also carried on the breeze, the feral sounds of beastmen! Picking your way through the trees, you just gain sight of a beastman camp. Recently set up it seems, you observe 4 lounging around 2 of the 5 campfires, but tents for twice that many. There is also a lone maw sleeping near one of the other fires. One tent in particular is larger than the rest, and decorated with bloody skulls and hides, many of which are humanoid. The encampment does not seem to have noticed you.

"Weel, 'at makes things interestin' noo doesnae it? Looks loch a raidin' ceilidh tae me. Since th' dragon has gain missin', they ur gettin' bauld. It will be a guid barnie yeah?"

Translate:
Well that makes things interesting now doesnt it? Looks like a raiding party to me. Since the dragon has gone missing, they are getting bold. It will be a good fight yeah?

Gristle hefts his axe, fluffs his red mohawk, and looks at you expectantly.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Do Darius, Marco and Gristle have any obvious ranged weapons visible?

Crow nods. His look grim, but with an underlying current of anticipation, "What's usually more dangerous? A maw or a beastman?"


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper looks towards the invisible creature on her shoulder. Considers the effectiveness of having Ferment scout.... Remembers he is prone more to drinking songs than stealthy scouting... And gives him a little scritch.

She pulls out her boomerang in her off-hand and her chakram in her primary hand, nods her readiness to move into the camp.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)
Crow of The Village wrote:
Do Darius, Marco and Gristle have any obvious ranged weapons visible?

Since he doesn't have prestidigitation, technically yes. Darius has 4 knives visible serving as ribs to his arm guards. Marco has no weapons other than his baton and a sap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

"Ah'm thinkin' we can try ta get within range of our throwing knives. If they start ta notice anythin' we have Barron give us cover pretendin' ta be a wounded bird floppin' between the trees in our direction. Maybe lead the maw to us. Ferment can give th' clustered beastmen a blast 'oh his special when he thinks the'r gettin' too suspicious." he looks around for any comment, "If'n we get fully set up, we can attack in concert, then ready for the secon' wave."
which direction is the wind blowing in and how far away are the closest trees to beastmen/maw?


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper looks up at the creature she can't see on her shoulder. "Are you up to that, Ferment?" A pause, worry clear in her green eyes, "You'd have to make sure to say nice and high, blast them and then get back to us, okay?"

Juniper is on board with Crow's plan, unless a better one is suggested.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

& assuming we go with something like that

Impress: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 to try to get Barron to help out with his part of the plan


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

How does range work? My knives are actually knives that were modified to be trown. They get the range of 15ft×2. I assume that it's the range increment and maximum range. Plan sounds fine.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Impress check to phrase the following well 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Tactics check for a surprise round 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
"Okay, so we go with Crow's plan. Barron takes a route around the camp and lures some of them back to us. Meanwhile, we set up behind those trees over there. When they come out to that point, we unload whatever ranged weapons we have. At that point, they know where we are. Crow and Marco should go off to that side so you'll be closer. They won't be looking that way anymore. You two can jump out and attack them from behind. Take aim and strike true." etc. etc. etc.
Last bit was for battle planning. +2 melee to hit and +3 ranged to hit.


Crow of The Village wrote:

"Ah'm thinkin' we can try ta get within range of our throwing knives. If they start ta notice anythin' we have Barron give us cover pretendin' ta be a wounded bird floppin' between the trees in our direction. Maybe lead the maw to us. Ferment can give th' clustered beastmen a blast 'oh his special when he thinks the'r gettin' too suspicious." he looks around for any comment, "If'n we get fully set up, we can attack in concert, then ready for the secon' wave."

which direction is the wind blowing in and how far away are the closest trees to beastmen/maw?

The maw is 60 ft from the closest tree, and the closest beastmen are about 80 ft. Crow's knives have a max range of 45 ft., Darius at 30 ft. Both will take a range penalty of -2 per 15 ft. after the first 15 ft. Meads boomerang and chakram will go 60 ft., with 20 ft. increments.


ooc:
Current plan sounds like everyone sneaks in until someone notices, then Barron acts as a distraction to draw targets into ambush. That will involve the least sneaky person making the team Sneak/Hide check, then Barron makes a Bluff/Lie check, followed by a cooperative Tactics/Ambush check. Going in together or spread out? Sent out map with grid for distance.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

My sneak is +1 so probably me, Marco is higher. So we do another tactics check? I did one earlier at a 25. Is ambush tactics different from what you do for a surprise round?


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow also has a sneak of +1. Since we are probably looking at taking out the camp and not just a couple of them and withdrawing, I think we should probably get as close as possible to our initial targets, so approaching from the NorthWest. I don't mind being slightly apart (opposite sides of a bush/tree for example), but we should be close enough to cover each other, not to mention I think more than one of us has feats/abilities that can help out others around him, plus they would have more opportunity for flanking, etc if we are separated and they have enough numbers.
assuming Crow is making the sneak roll:
team ck:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Barron's bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Heh, all the PCs have a stealth of +1... Sneaky we are not. We do seem to be decently ambushy though...

Mead gives the brave dragon a little hug before he takes off to situate himself at an optimal point 10-ft above the ground. Ferment's stealth is a +2 and whatever bonus being invisible gives him.

Then she pulls out her weapons and nods her readiness, following - as quietly as she is able - behind Crow.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

You were right. Cadre grants all allies 1 basic combat feat once per scene. I only have 1 basic combat feat. Congrats, you all have Armor Basics every scene, guaranteed until I get another basic combat feat. -1 to DP, and ACP penalties and remove 5ft movement penalty from your armor speed reduction stuff.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)
Mead Cailleath wrote:
Heh, all the PCs have a stealth of +1... Sneaky we are not. We do seem to be decently ambushy though...

Well, since Crow decided to roll being that we are all equally low, with 21 I think we did a decent job. I assume stealth maxes out at 15 untrained? Still not a bad roll. (note: even if Crow's was trained, mine isn't so I would have rolled, being the lowest causing any untrained penalties to apply)


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Baton in one hand, knife in the other, Darius follows. In front, with the highest stealth of +5, Marco proceeds ahead. Darned limber young ones.

As a 15th year guardsman, all the cuts, scrapes, and bruises would have made him stiff. Darius is allowed to think like that even if I'm not.


ooc:
We will go with Darius' original Tactics/Ambush roll of 25. Barrons Bluff/Lie of 17. Team Stealth/Hide of 15 (untrained). Entering from the NW, Barron goes ahead, Ferment stealths into the trees (tell me if you want him elsewhere). The northernmost beastman makes his Notice/Awareness check, but fails his Sense Motive/Detect Lie, and buys Barrons injured bird act. You remain hidden, but they know something is out there.

The plan commences, the group somewhat stealthily moving through the forest. Slowly creeping, the band circles the beastman warcamp, then moves in from the northwest. The tiny drake makes its way unseen, and takes position in the trees, while Barron the enormous crow glides in ahead and begins rooting through the undergrowth for something to eat. One of the beastmen sitting near a fire looks up, and peers intently in your direction. On cue, Barron begins flapping noisily and throwing forest crap into the air as if he had an injured wing. He lets out a few dramatic, feeble caws before looking at Crow as if expecting a treat. The beastmans gaze focuses on the thrashing bird, and he whistles raucously in the direction of the maw. The large mouth with legs stirs from its nap, and sniffs the air. Turning its head side to side, it casually begins walking towards Barron.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow smiles without showing teeth, promising a treat later. He makes a small motion with head and shoulder motioning away behind them, attempting to draw the maw past us and out of sight of the camp.

251 to 300 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.