Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master Gerald Rose

Fantasy Craft rules, Schrodinger's campaign setting (it don't exist until you get there/one of us makes it up), generic fantasy.


201 to 250 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Combat round 1 continued:

Marco hits Maw5 for 10 dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 pass

Darius takes 5 ft step, attacks maw5
hit for 13 dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 fail, Tough I, dmg resets.
hit for 10dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 pass.

Crow activates error for Maw1. Maw1 becomes Sprawled.

Round 1 ends:
Crow i19 V27
Marco i17
Maws i13
1 - sprawled
2
3 - d11/5a
4
5 - d10/t0
Darius i10
Ferment i9
Juniper i8

The group readies for the attack. Crow steps back to shield Mead with his body and enormous maul. Grounding himself into a deadly fighting stance, he waits for his enemy to come to him. The two guardsmen Darius and Marco stand lightly, weapons in hand, alert for danger. Mead pulls out a small vial, hoping for bunnies.

Suddenly the creatures burst through the undergrowth - five feral beasts, nearly four feet at the shoulder, seemingly all mouth and teeth charge at the heroes! As they come, the Maws features, large ears, no apparent eyes, seem to fade into insignificance in comparison to their impossibly huge mouths, filled with improbably large fangs. Marco, seemingly relaxed takes a practiced swing at one of the beasts as it comes into reach, a solid blow that doesn't slow the maw down one bit. Two of them leap at Crow, one high, one low. The low one gets a tenuous hold on Crows leg, but is shaken off with a kick. The high one fares less well as Crow shoves the haft of Ghostbreaker into its teeth, and as the maw bites down spins the maul deftly slamming the creature to the ground. Darius steps in to corral one of the maws between Marco and himself, dealing two powerful strikes. The sound of cracking bone beneath the thick hide belies the maws continued fury. Crow bunches his manly shoulders and swings Ghostbreaker at one of his attackers catching it in the side, the force of the blow slamming the maw around nearly 15 ft. A ghostly flapping is probably not heard over the din of fighting as Ferment, still invisible, goes for altitude. Mead throws her vial at the closest maw, and it shatters satisfyingly on its shoulder. The acid eats away at the fur, hide, and flesh raising eye watering fumes and a ear piercing shriek from the maw, which whips around trying to confront the source of its pain.

Round 1 ends! Round 2 actions please!


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Darius and Marco continue to beat at the Maw with their batons.

combat:
Move to the next Maw if necessary. Flanking not included in the attack rolls in case Marco moves to the next Maw (thereby losing flanking.
Marco
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Darius
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Bunny/Maw combat Round 2

Ghostbreaker continues around in a whistling arc first high then low, crushing into Maw3 and pushing him into/onto Maw1 (if he connects and this is possible). The massive maul smashes through them, swings high and then down upon the both of them. (damage to Maw 3 if still alive, Maw 1 if not. Oops, just read that it says any "empty" adjacent square. Oh well.)

Combat round 2:

Action 1:
to hit1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Force, Bone Crusher(Fort dc10+4+4=18)
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 ap2

assuming I am down to 2d4 Action Dice right? I do not activate critical.

Action 2:
to hit2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Force, Bone Crusher(Fort dc10+4+4=18)
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 ap2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper glares at the acid-riddled maw that refuses to go down. "That was my last batch of acid to, dammit."

So instead she kicks at the monster hoping to send it into the waiting reach of Darius.

Combat R2:
Mead: full-round action - pummel unarmed attack for 2x subdual dmg
unarmed kick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; 3x subdual dmg: 3d3 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5
if attack successful - shove maw into G10

Ferment will keep an eye on the situation to see if his draconic benevolence is needed.

:( she FAILS (but not a fumble, i think)

Aid Marco's first attack roll +1d4 ⇒ 1 for a total of... 14 :P


Combat round 2:

Crow attacks Maw3
hit, 9dmg; DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 DC 20: fail, Tough I, damage resets.
Again, hit, 11dmg; DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5: fail, Maw3 down.

Marco attacks maw2: hit. 12dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 DC 16 pass
attack 2: hit, 8dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 DC 20. fail Tough I, damage resets.

Maw5 turns to attack Darius using Called Shot
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 + 1d6 ⇒ 5 sneak = 9 dmg, AP 2, bypass armor.
[b]Darius takes 6 vitality. Free Trip: opposed acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 vs Darius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4(untrained) Trip fail, Maw5 is flat-footed.

Maw2 attacks Marco using called shot
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5+1d6 ⇒ 4 sneak dmg, AP 2, bypass armor.
Marco takes 6 vitality. Free Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 vs 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 fail. Maw2 is flat-footed.

Maw4 takes 2 acid damage DamSav DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 fail. Maw4 is down.

Maw1 repositions, then attacks Crow using called shot.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 miss

Maw3 attacks Crow using called shot.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 miss
again 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 hit. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6+1d6 ⇒ 6 sneak= dmg AP2 bypass armor. Crow takes 8 vitality. Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 vs Crow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10+2 Imp stability, success. Crow is sprawled.

Darius attack maw5:
hit, 11 dmg DamSav DC 20 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 fail, maw5 is down.
attack maw2: hit. DamSav DC 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 fail. maw2 is down.

Mead steps up to pummel. Misses


Possible AD spend by Crow to avoid Sprawl. Otherwise Round 2 resolves


combat:
revise, only maw1 attacks Crow, no damage this round, not sprawled.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

I'm confused. I was the one with +1 acrobatics, how does 14 to trip me fail when my roll was 4? I'd love to be able to take down two Maws in one round but how did I make it?


gm error. Carry on.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

So, do I fall? If so I still get one attack after standing up right?


Logan:
Darius is still standing. Ignore trip attempt. Darius takes down his targets.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Crow continues his assault, whipping Ghostbreaker through the air with disturbing ease. Two crushing blows and one of the slavering creatures is smashed to the ground twitching.
Marco lands another fierce blow against the fanged menace but to no avail. The maw shrugs off his attack, and retaliates with a swift bite to the guardsmans unprotected leg, which Marco barely parries.
One of the creatures leaps upon Darius, nearly catching him in a soft spot in his armor! Darius twists away just in time to avoid the terrible blow. Meanwhile on the other side of the fight, the maw Mead had doused with acid gurgles in pain, and slumps down as the acid burns through and begins to dissolve its brain. The maw that Crow had dashed to the forest floor jumps to its feet, but its jaws snap on empty air as Crow pulls his head away just in time.
Darius fends off the beasts for a moment with his mace waiting for the right moment, then with two quick practiced blows, shatters the skulls of the two maws threatening himself and his trainee.
Mead, annoyed at the proceedings steps forward and levels a kick at the remaining maw, but is stymied by its snapping jaws.

Round 2 ends, round 3 actions please!


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Bunny/Maw combat Round 3

"'ello mouth. Meet maul." Crow pounds the maw with Ghostbreaker until it stops moving.

Combat Round 3:

Action1:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Force, Bone Crusher(Fort dc18)
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11 ap2

Action2:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Force, Bone Crusher(Fort dc18)
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 ap2


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper shudders with more than a bit of revulsion as she considers the creature before her. Then kicks out, hoping to put some distance between them.

Round 3:
Should it still be up, pummel and shove. Then 5-ft away, back behind Crow.
Trained Unarmed Pummel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 203d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) = 8 subdual damage
If successful - ft away and closer to Darius.

Ferment, moves to the air above Juniper, waiting for his perch to be still again.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Marco and Darius move in on the remaining Maw to finish it off. Not likely given their initiative but possible.

combat:

Both move for flanking if possible. Not included.
Darius 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Marco 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Crow raises Ghostbreaker over his head, and simply pounds the maw into paste. It never had a chance. The shrieking of the creatures dies into silence, and the forest is quiet again. Barron looks askance at the remains, trying to decide if maws are edible or not.

Combat:

Crow hits for 11dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 fail, tough I, damage resets.
Second hit for 9 dmg. DamSav 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 fail. Maw is down.

Running total = 621 XP so far.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper looks down that the beasts. "If we keep looking for Chapel's bolt hole, can either of you backtrack the maws later?"

She looks at Darius, "And these are maws... Possible forward scouts of horrifically evil armies of dark chaos.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow glares briefly at the abominations, glances at the two warriors. "Good job lost boys, you fought well." he turns to Juniper, looks her over. "Are you well? I know you can handle yourself, but do you really have to put yourself in danger like that?" his tone is caring, but a little chiding at the same time.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Mead Cailleath wrote:
Juniper looks down that the beasts. "If we keep looking for Chapel's bolt hole, can either of you backtrack the maws later?"

"Maybe. Depends how much of a trail is left when we get to it."


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

She waves his concern away, but with a smile. "I was just trying to kick it to get it away from me."

A long pause, "And then I missed horribly and almost fell on my ass." A shrug and then a little oomph as she suddenly compensates for the weight that landed on her shoulder. A brighter smile, "And the acid that Magda called 'too damn weak to clean the floor' did manage to take out one." Looking quite pleased with herself. Her hand goes up to soothe the ruffled scales of the hiding dragon.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

A look to the maws, thinking. "I'd vote Chapel first. Make sure he is okay. But if you think the reverse would be wiser I'm not dead set."


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Grose wrote:

Barron looks askance at the remains, trying to decide if maws are edible or not.[/i]

Crow looks up at Barron, "Yeah, probably make you sick." he offers the big black bird half of the rest of the ration pack he had given him pieces of earlier. "Think you can find Chapel or his bolt-hole?"


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Mead Cailleath wrote:
She waves his concern away, but with a smile. "I was just trying to kick it to get it away from me."

Crow doesn't look completely convinced.

Mead Cailleath wrote:
"And the acid that Magda called 'too damn weak to clean the floor' did manage to take out one." Looking quite pleased with herself.

Crow nods. "Yeah, you did good. Have ta get mora that when we get th' chance."

Mead Cailleath wrote:
A look to the maws, thinking. "I'd vote Chapel first. Make sure he is okay. But if you think the reverse would be wiser I'm not dead set."

"Chapel first." Crow agrees.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

I really should invest in Investigate given the line of work. Just didn't think about it.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

As they continue to look for the hidden sleeping place described by Eliana she ponders out loud. "If the Iron Legion wanted to overrun the mountains... I don't know why they would want to it isn't like there is anything here... then it would be in their favor to take out the dragon that protects us first... or to take our his keeper so that the dragon though the pact was broken... maybe in hopes of turning Clipwing to their side..."

"What do you guys think?"


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Mead Cailleath wrote:
"What do you guys think?"

Crow looks over with a bit of a frown as the sudden raised voice rings through the forest. "Not sure. I think we need more information first."[b] he pauses, placing a big protective paw on Meade's shoulder. [b]"June, I know I'm not exactly silent, but we probably don't want to be announcing our presence to any possible enemy forces if they are out there either." he smiles trying to take some of the sting out of his rebuke as he places a finger on his lips.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

She ducks her head with a blush. Doesn't stop her from continuing her pondering in a quiet murmur to herself.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow chuckles, squeezing her shoulder as his eyes continue to scan the area.


Perhaps a half hour later, you come across a small cave which you believe to be the one indicated by Eliana to be Chapel's bolt hole. It it difficult to tell in the midday sun, but there may be light inside.

GM:
Darius notice 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Team blend 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Gristle notice 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Darius' sharp ears pick up the sounds of someone training in hand to hand combat. Almost immediately the sounds cease, and there is only dead silence from within.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper starts towards the opening of the cave, near the rock wall side. She knocks on the rock quietly, then rubs her reddened knuckles. (This does not presume that she is in the front of the group - it's just what she would do.)

Very, very quietly "Chapel? It's okay. We are here to help, I promise."


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow continues to scan the area, though more outside the cave than in. "Ye've got some nasty creatures wandrin' aroun' these parts. 'ow long 'as tha' been goin' on?" He says in the direction of the cave, assuming a friendly demeanor.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Let's see, greetings got taken care of by people he might have actually heard of.
Darius and Marco wait silently a bit farther back, batons still ready. After all, Chapel's been missing for a while, who knows if it's him?


After a brief pause, a gruff, gravelly voice calls out "Ach, thes isnae a place fur sightseein', an' we hae naethin' tae discuss. Ye arenae mah battle brothers."

GM:
[Barron notice 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 DC 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

init: Crow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, Mead 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, Ferment 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8, Darius 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, Marco 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20, beastmen 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The first alert that something is wrong is Barron squawking and taking off in a blur of black feathers. You turn to see a squad of hulking beastmen ghosting in from out of the trees. Larger than a man, with bestial features and enormous spiked, threatening axes they spread out in a half circle around you. One of them speaks, "There is no escape for you. The mine will be ours."

Harsh laughter comes from the cave entrance. "Ye fowk jist got a lot mair interestin'!"

Combat commences! Round 1 actions please!

Order
20 Marco Vit(29/35)
17 Darius
16 Crow Vit(27/33)
9 Beastmen (5)
8 Ferment
6 Mead


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper looks over her shoulder at the cave entrance, at the beastmen, then again into the cave. With remarkable politeness, she says, "I'm sorry gentlemen, but I think you have the wrong place, this is a cave, not a mine."

A pause as she thinks,
K:Where for are mines?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 <- 28
K:What the heck are the beastmen?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 <- 16
turns to the cave mouth slightly, "Or is this a mine? And are you Chapel?"

As she thinks she moves back, because the beast-creatures are large... and carrying weapons. She tries to pick out the leader of the beastmen (or the biggest one failing that), "What you are doing is a very bad idea and will cause your death unless you desist." Her voice polite but hard, brooking no argument and less disobedience.

Round 1:
Half-action, movement back to F5, or just Crow adjacent if that isn't possible.

Half-action - Threaten one of the beastmen:
Mead Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Stress damage if successful: 1d6 ⇒ 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mead Cailleath wrote:

Juniper looks over her shoulder at the cave entrance, at the beastmen, then again into the cave. With remarkable politeness, she says, "I'm sorry gentlemen, but I think you have the wrong place, this is a cave, not a mine."

A pause as she thinks,
[dice=K:Where for are mines?]1d20+8;1d20+8 <- 28
[dice=K:What the heck are the beastmen?]1d20+8;1d20+8 <- 16
turns to the cave mouth slightly, "Or is this a mine? And are you Chapel?"

As she thinks she moves back, because the beast-creatures are large... and carrying weapons. She tries to pick out the leader of the beastmen (or the biggest one failing that), "What you are doing is a very bad idea and will cause your death unless you desist." Her voice polite but hard, brooking no argument and less disobedience.
** spoiler omitted **

The only mine you know of is a bit NW of The Village. Beastmen are not something that is known of in the Village or the Mill.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Grose wrote:

...they spread out in a half circle around you. One of them speaks,[/i] "There is no escape for you. The mine will be ours."

Combat commences! Round 1 actions please!

Order
20 Marco Vit(29/35)
17 Darius
16 Crow Vit(27/33)
9 Beastmen (5)
8 Ferment
6 Mead

Beastmen combat - Round 1

"Darius, Marco. We need to protect Juniper. If we can form a wall in front of her to start that would be good. Jun, watch our backs just in case." then to the beastmen, "I'm glad you understand your situation then." He looks around at them as he starts shifting down to stand in front of Mead, "And out of curiosity, which mine might that be?"

Round 1:

Action1: move to approximately I6 (I7 if it looks like they have reach)
Action2: enter Turn the Millstone


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Darius and Marco rush to Juniper putting themselves between her and the beastmen. Everyone gets +2 melee to hit and +3 to defense

rnd 1:

Darius and Marco move to spaces I6 and J6 respectively and adopt the club basics stance (lets us push them back 5ft with a hit and choose to follow or not)

"Crow, I'm going to try to push these guys back (next round)"


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

There is a quiet, disgruntled sigh and a quiet beat of wings.

Addendum to Round 1 combat:
The invisible Ferment takes flight, keeping about 5-10 feet above Mead.

And since it seems Mead won't have to move - She scolds a beastman.

Mead Intimidate vs beastman resolve: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
possible stress damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

And I will spend my last action dice to activate that critical threat.


ooc:
We now preempt this round of combat for a dumb question from the GM. Is it my imagination or does the forum re-roll dice expressions each time I preview? I swear the results are changing, but not all of them. Anybody know?


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

OOC:
They should not be.

Normally I hit preview - see what i got and it is locked in from that point on.

Even if you lose the post.

However if you add a new roll ABOVE already done rolls then it keeps them in order.

For example you did a two rolls to hit.

to hit roll A: 10
to hit roll B: 12

and you saw them on preview but realized that there should have been a roll inbetween A and B

so you add it

to hit roll A: 10
to hit roll C (added): 12 (that HAD been B's)
to hit roll B: new number

but if you give and example of what you are seeing?


Round 1:

Marco and Darius move giving 1/4 cover to everyone (portable cover), entering stance. Marco Def 16, Darius Def 15.

Crow moves and enters stance. Def 17 from 1/4 cover and stand together.

Beastmen move up and attack using all-out attack.

#1 vs. Crow = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 whiff
> Crow takes 1 stress dmg. Will DC 10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 pass
#5 vs. Crow = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 whiff
> Crow takes 1 stress dmg. Total 2. Will DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 pass

#2 vs. Darius = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 whiff. possible error. action dice?
>Darius takes 1 stress dmg. Will DC 10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 pass
>#2 takes 2 subdual dmg. DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 fail, down.
#3 vs. Darius = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 hit
>Darius parry #1 Ref DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 fail. action dice?

#4 vs. Marco = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 hit
>1d10 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 damage.
>DR/Res 8 vs AP 2 = 14 penetrating dmg to vitality.

Mead Threatens #1 (largest) Resolve DC 21 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 fail
>#1 takes 2 stress DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 pass
Mead Threatens #1 again. Resolve DC 27 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 fail
>critical threat activated, auto-fail. down.

Ferment takes flight.

2 possible action die spends before end of round.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow spends an action dice to activate #2's whiff


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper is out of action dice.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

I'll spend an action dice for my parry. I only failed by 1 so since 1d4 is minimum 1 I make it right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

ooc:

Darius parries beastman #3 successfully. Takes 1 stress dmg. Will DC 11 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 fail. Darius ignores 1 grade of Shaken (No pain)
Beastman #3 takes 2 subdual. DC 11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 fail, down.

Crow is refunded his action die due to beastman #3 going down from Darius' Grueling Combatant.

The two guardsmen move to cover Mead, while Crow takes a step back into his fighting stance. The beastmen howl and charge, swinging their huge, threatening axes with all their strength. Confidence bolstered by the presence of the companions around him, Crow deftly blocks and dodges the vicious attacks leveled at him by a pair of enemies. The wicked barbs and spikes of the beastmens axes may strike fear into lesser men, but Crow stands firm. Next to him Darius is beset by another pair, axes tracing patterns of death. Darius takes sudden advantage of a clumsy swing by a beastman nearly twice his size, and with seemingly effortless moves, takes out its knee and drives the breath from it. Following through with his backswing, Darius tricks the second beastman into a series of overextended attacks that exhaust it. Marco is not so lucky as a beastman reverses his strike and nearly takes his arm off. Only a desperate dodge allows him to keep his limb though it costs Marco no small effort. Mead verbally assaults the largest beastman, whipping him with scathing remarks, so infuriating him that he bellows with impotent rage! The beastmans fury overloads its mind, and it slumps into catatonia.

Round 1 ends, Actions please!
Order
20 Marco Vit(15/35)
17 Darius
16 Crow Vit(27/33) Stress(2)
9 Beastmen
#4
#5
8 Ferment
6 Mead


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper shakes her head at the two remaining beastmen, "Can't say I didn't warn you." She pulls out a boomerang, throwing it so that the return path will fall on one of the remaining two.

Combat Round 2:
half action/Move: draw boomerang
half action/attack: target a beastman if one is still standing.
Mead hurled attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (no penalties taken into account)
possible damage (subdual): 1d6 ⇒ 3
*weapon is returning - so on a miss Juniper can catch it.

Ferment (should #4 still be up) will fly to be 10-feet above the beastman #4 and use his beer breath (angled to catch only beastmen and the surrounding forest)

half action - move
half action - attack, 10-ft cone: DC 10 Will or sickened I


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow snorts at the beastmen arrayed against them. "She did, ya know." he looks up at beastman still standing before him with a bit of a smirk, "Ah think ah've heard 'er put it another way. Bad doggy!" he says emphasizing the point with Ghostbreaker's weight.

Round 2:

Action1:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11 massive, force, bone crusher(fort dc18)
since I was considering this one spent anyway: activate critical

Action2:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 massive, force, bone crusher(fort dc18)


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

wait, Mead took down one with threaten and I got one with grueling combatant, how did the other one go down?


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)
Darius Reinhold wrote:
Everyone gets +2 melee to hit and +3 to defense

Actually, it wouldn't have hit on the second one either. Shall I update my stats for the combat from battle planning. For future reference anyway, I should have caught it sooner.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Marco swipes at the closest one driving it back. Darius steps around Crow to do the same.

combat:

Marco 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
if hits, both move out 5ft
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
if hits, beastman pushed back 5ft (possibly again)
if necessary, takes 5ft step back to original position (if first hit).
Darius
5ft steps to H5
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
if hits, both move out 5ft
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
if hits, beastman pushed back 5ft (possibly again)


Darius Reinhold wrote:
wait, Mead took down one with threaten and I got one with grueling combatant, how did the other one go down?

ooc:
Point, Darius' parry does not count as a miss, therefore no Grueling combatant damage. No Stress damage back either.
201 to 250 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.