Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master Gerald Rose

Fantasy Craft rules, Schrodinger's campaign setting (it don't exist until you get there/one of us makes it up), generic fantasy.


451 to 500 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2
Grose wrote:
Chapel addresses Mead: "'S gotta be Sebastian! 'E was all askin' questions like he knows wots wot! He would know the way here, so's he could have layed in ambuscades for me. Why in the hells would he want to smeg off Clipper though? It don't make sense, it don't!"

"He's mad that you're the caretaker... Or chaos got their claws... Do you know how Thebastian died?"


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow smiles at Barron, impressed at Barron, slightly awed by Clipwing and his abilities. He turns to face Chapel, "Where were you attacked? And how many?"


"That's the thing, see? Ain't no Thebastian. It's The Bastian, rite? 'Cause Clipper here's not so good at people names in'he? Barmy bastard never died! He just used his evil powers to confuse us all this time!" Turns to Crow - "Jus' like he uses his evil magical powers to bring that monster thingy to attack me in the forest. He knows just rite how to do it he does - waited until I was far enough away from the village that no one would hear, and so's I would perish myself out there alone. Only no one is supposed to know the ways to Clippy's cave yeah? Came at me in a big ole' hood so's I wouldn't recognize him, and with the MONSTER, rite? It was all claws and teeth and stuff. He just wanted me out of the way so's he could get at Eliana, rite? Mebbe thats it, the dirty smegger! Or, or mebbe he's trying to take power from the Magistrate; yeah, that's it! He's wantin' to take the power for himself, so's he can have all the girls he wants, and all the people will have to listen to him, and stuff. Yeah!"


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

"So he was with the monster that attacked you? What happened?"


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

I am still following. Just haven't had much to say. Assume that Darius and Marco are standing there quietly for now.


The boy's eyes flash defiantly - "Had me a small cart and some supplies, and was headin' to Clipsters cave here wen a guy in a dark cloak stepped out in front of me. Must have been magic or somefin cause I never saw 'im comin'. I pulled my knife and challenged 'im, but before I could give 'im what for I got bit from behind. Big, green, lots of teeth. Whiles I was lying there, I heards me a horrible sound, like somebody in a lot of hurt, like his very soul was bein' tore from him, then nofin. I crawled the rest of the ways here. After Clip' healed me - that was quite a shock lemme tell you - I snuck back to town, but didn't see nofin strange. Checked out the back of Templeton's shop, but the rest of the booze was already gone. Reported back to Clipper, here and I've been ever since. I's tried to reason-like with 'im, that a ransom don't do much good if you don't tell no one that it's goin' on, but he was like - rumble, rumble, you sons of man congregate together for warmth and safety, surely the herd will recognize there is somfing wrong - release of pheromones or some such. I have never used the word "somfing", and I find it highly unlikely that I ever will, Ward. Ah, sure fing boss."


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"Wait, you're holding this guy for ransom? With the utmost respect Clipwing, considering how he seems to be one of only a few who even know where you live, how exactly is this to work out?" asks Darius, who then adds, "Oh yeah, they did notice Chapel was missing, and, um, they kinda sent us... I don't think it's likely that they would come anyways, they're all scared about the Iron Legion being in the woods between them and you."


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

"So you didn't see either of them again? How long did it take you to crawl here?" Crow asks.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper, on the other hand, looks at Clipwing. "How did you loose your previous Ward, sir?"

A pause, looking like she would want to whisper but since Darius is all the way across the cavern, she instead just says, "I'd guess the ransom is just Clipwing's tribute." She smiles at the dragon, "Or the punishment of the creatures of chaos that tried to deny him his Ward in the first place?"


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Actually, my response was more that no one knows were to bring any such ransom and likely wouldn't anyway because of the whole Iron Legion thing.


The dragon shifts his weight painfully; "I released my previous ward due to an illness he suffered. It was strangely resistant to my ministrations, but The-Bastion believed that a healer from his people would be able to assist him. Clipwing turns to Darius - "Surely your people know when another is in danger? Even the lowly aurochs can sense danger from another herd member through the particular scent of their urine."
Chapel replies to Crow - "Took me maybe a day to crawl myself here, biggun. S' hard to tell f'sure since I was half full o' mostly dead the whole ways. If the smegging thief had given me time to slap leather and fight fair, t'would have gone much diff'rently I assures you!


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"Not exactly. They noticed that he was missing but not much else. We sense danger more with our eyes and our ears, works just fine as long as there's something left to tip us off, not so great if the danger is keeping quiet and out of sight."


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow addresses Clipwing, but Chapel as well, "Sooo, how did you end up choosing Chapel to replace Sebastion?"


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

After Clipwing answers Crow's question, "Knew more than that Darius. I mean we were sent for a reason, there were other signs that something was wrong." She smiles at Chapel, "And that Chapel was missing wasn't one of them. Although I am glad you are safe."

"Next step would be to hunt down Sebastian and his pet giant gobber, then. And look into what did end up healing his disease... since that might have been the weakness the Horde used to get into the area."


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Sorry, what was it that they knew other than that he was missing and they thought that there might be Maws and the Iron Legion in their woods (which was mentioned in the previous post)?


"There is no choice, no decision. This one is my Ward, and always has been. Released from service he never will have been. I require a Ward, and naturally there is one."
From Chapel - "Clipster's got a point, y'know. I just sort of dreamed it - where the lair is, what I was supposed to be doin', all that. S'like it was meant to be" Chapel punctuates this last with a conspiratorial wriggling of fingers.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

With a smile, Juniper rises. "If Sebastian still remembers the way to your cave, there may be something wrong with the 'never will have been' part." A shrug, "But he seems a good a place to start as any."

She bows politely to the dragon and his ward, "As soon as we find the whiskey, and ensure that Chapel won't be jumped delivering the next batch, we'll be back."

A pause, "Any advice?"


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

"All righty then." Crow says. He looks at the others, "Any other questions?"
and after the others questions, if there are any "to find Sebastian then? I wouldn't mind spending a little time on the way, trying to backtrack where Chapel was waylaid."


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

survival:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
to back track and find the site where Chapel was waylaid and find any signs of the giant gobber and the other attacker.


"It is considered bad form to eat a Ward, even a former one, despite having rightfully slain one. I must recommend against this course of action. Inter him in whatever barbaric way humans do in this age."From Chapel - "Do try and hurry, Eliana must be worried for me by now." - sends you a impish grin tinged with a hint of longing; ah, young love.

A quick trek through the mist filled forest brings you to the spot, the blood trail making tracking easy despite the time elapsed. Crow finds signs of a struggle, a humanoid and larger biped attacking a third. The larger biped wears no shoes, with enormous clawed feet reminiscent of a gobber (how do you know what gobber feet look like anyway?), while the smaller ambusher wears boots, familiar boots. The distinctive tread follows you as well, the identity of the ambusher must be - Darius!!!! Or perhaps someone wearing very similar boots.
good roll


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

*sigh*


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

to Chapel- "We'll let her know you are...otherwise detained." Crow says with a rather sly grin of his own.

in the forest - Crow looks at the tracks, looks at the prints from Darius boots, eyes him suspiciously then smiles. No, he's just kidding, he doesn't really believe that Darius was involved, does he? "I assume those boots are common issue in Derinkuyu?" he asks. for that matter, is that a common tread pattern anywhere else Crow might be familiar with? He looks down at the tracks and frowns. can he see what direction they went in after Chapel was struck down?


The distinctive boots tracks head back in the direction of Mill, while the over-sized gobber tracks disappear abruptly in mid stride. The tread pattern is as far as Crow and Darius knows, only from boots made in Derinkuyu.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

"Magic?" Crow growls as if he's not quite sure. "Does anyone have any idea how long Sebastian was a Ward of Clipwing?" he asks, "and don't supposed he looks familiar?" It comes out in a growl. He is following the assumption that the hooded figure that attacked Chapel was indeed the same as the one they had met at the Mill and if his boots came from Derinkuyu...
He eyes Darius and Marco a little suspiciously, "Don't suppose you're really here chasing an adept from Derinkuyu intent on bringing others over to the dark side of the force, are you?


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"Not as far as I know."


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

"Hmm..." Juniper muses as she looks at the disappearing tracks. Then, with a little shrug, "Guess that mans it is back to the Mill to have a conversation with Bastion." Her green eyes are dark, turbid with thought. "Assuming he hasn't jumped ship."

GM:
On the off chance that 'The Bastion' is as much a title as a name. I believe Steig Lamplighter was from Derinkuyu and if he is the one that forged the pact with Clipwing. Was Lamplighter the first ward? How many wards have there been?

I realize Mead just may not know the answers to these questions. But in case she might:
Knowledge, take better: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow heads off in the direction of the Mill. If he can continue to follow the boot tracks he does, but when in doubt he is assuming they are heading in the same direction.


Mead remembers some of Magda the Crone's old stories about Steig Lamplighter, but none mentioned him being a Dragon Ward. The Dragon Compact was forged after the disappearance of the Lamplighter, but not long after.

The tracks lead you directly back to Mill, and while taking a roundabout route still end up at the Broken Sword, Sebastian's tavern. The Mill villagers give you looks and nods, but otherwise leave you be. You can hear the voices of the two militiamen, Simon and Elijah within.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow waves to the others to be silent. Listening to the conversation within.

Search: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


"I think I should start carrying the axe."
"I don't like the axe."
"I don't like your face."
"Smeghead, we have the same face!"
Another voice, Sebastian -
"If it were up to me I wouldn't trust you two with forks, much less an axe. Are you gonna order or not?"
"Ah, right. You still got somma that deer left from yesterday?"
"Hang on, I'll check."

Sound of boots receding, door opens, then closes.
"But I like the axe."
"Just shut up. Idiot."


Suddenly, a wooden door slams open inside, and Sebastian again:
"You think you can fool me?! I know your ploy and I won't fall for it! The assassins outside won't be in time to help you imbeciles!!"
Sounds of tables and chairs being pushed aside, glass shattering, screams punctuated by meaty thunks, followed by wet splashes. "Elijah!! Noooo!!" <<crunch>> Eissa, be merciful . . . <<thunch>>


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Trap? Yeah. Real? Potentially. Ready? Not really.
*sighs* "I hate it when this happens." Gives the rest of you the barest glance before resignedly charging in. He seems to know it's a trap and quite possibly fake but bursts in anyways.

Combat?


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

As soon as the wooden door slams open, and she hears yelling, Mead rushes into the room.

She looks around, leaving the apparent mad man to the others and moves to help the injured.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Battle Planning
+2 vitality per hit dice
+3 defense
"Watch yourselves."


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow heads inside, weapon ready. Things have unexpectedly already gone sideways.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Mead: Out of character, I never caught on if you have a healer's kit or not. If not, I would have tossed mine to you.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Marco: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Crow enters, significantly perturbed by the advanced insanity Sebastian is apparently inflicted with. "I thought there might be some shred of reason remaining within you, obviously I was wrong. I don't know why you turned against those you were sworn to protect, but it no longer matters. I may not be an assassin, but I will be your death."


Combat:
Dramatic scene, all action dice refresh. Order of Init is :

Mead
Darius
Crow
Gristle
Marco
Ferment
Barron
Sebastian


Mead enters (std move action) and finds the tavern covered with blood. Sebastian stands near the bar, splattered with gore and wielding a wicked looking mace covered in barbs and spikes in one hand, and a familiar looking weapon in the other - a baton very similar to the ones wielded by Darius and Marco. Sebastian's eyes are wild, and where his shirt is partially torn away, ugly purple tumors and scars pucker his pale flesh. The glint of silver shines from under his garments, a thin shirt of mail protects him. Spittle stained pink with blood flies from his lips as he screams shrilly - "Assassins! Usurpers! This town was to be mine - All mine! It was promised to me! Promised by the Blood God Khorne, but now you meddlers have ruined it! All that is left is death, and death and death!!"
Mead still has an action available. The ruined bodies of the two militiamen lie on the floor, torn to pieces by the madness of Sebastian.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow moves forward quickly, sliding to a stop across the blood spattered floor, right next to the frothing madman. "I don't know how you came to be infected so, nor do I care. Your actions have sealed your fate. You want to complain? We will send you to him so that you may do so personally."

Round1:

move up and enter stance

Action1: move to Sebastian
Action2: enter "Turn the Millstone"

spend AD to boost Defense by +2 for
Action Die: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Somehow I don't think we're saving those two.
Darius tosses the doctor's bag over anyway before drawing his baton. "Oh great, this just feels like a repeat of the Tunstall incident." Marco draws his own baton and heads in.

combat:

Darius: toss bag, draw baton
Marco: draw baton, std move in (to near the blood splattered table so that Sebastian has to take the long way around to get past)


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Mead looks at the blood and the gore in the room for a moment, horrified that they froze at the door for so long after hearing the anger in Sebastian's voice. The long period of time during which the madman had free reign.

Then she moves in an attempt to save Sam and Eli.

Combat:
Attempt to save the innocents in the room.

Resources available - 3 potions of healing, 4 potions of vitality, doctor's bag. 3 action dice.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together
Darius Reinhold wrote:
"Oh great, this just feels like a repeat of the Tunstall incident." Marco draws his own baton and heads in.

"And just what, pray tell, is the Tunstall incident?"


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"Substitute this guy for one named Tunstall and this town for Derinkuyu. You get the picture. Was one of the interrogators, think he listened to his subjects a bit too much. Turned to Khorne, disappeared from his job, and then we had to hunt him down after a massacre in a tavern. Not quite the same, I suppose the baton and the setting reminded me of it. At least Sebastion over here seems too pissed off at us to flee."


The wooden floor is slippery with gore, and your footing is treacherous. Mead move over to one of the inert bodies lying in a pool of crimson, it's identity unclear due to the massive head trauma, crushing with odd burnt edges. Crow moves in and sets himself while Marco takes up a position near Mead. Suddenly there is a great roar from within the closet/storage area just off the main room. Everything goes silent for a second, then a hideous creature smashes the door off its hinges and lumbers out, clawed feet squelching in the blood. As it opens it's mouth impossibly wide to roar again, a horrific sight assaults your senses, a shockingly pale and yet aware face lies within the maw of the beast, humanoid with blinking eyes swiveling about at the lot of you! The many twisted arms bearing sharp claws twitch and writhe in madness, and the little face opens its mouth and emits a choked whine, mirrored by the mind-shattering wail of the beast. What may have once been a gobber, or perhaps a human, now twisted beyond sanity and reason, cries out at you for an end to its madness.

Mead, you will need to attempt some kind of emergency first aid. Come up with a good story and it may come true.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper begins to pull vials and chemicals from her bag, mixing a thick paste before pressing it into the breaks, carefully, reshaping the bones of the guards into the proper position. The bandages from Darius's medicine kit performing both to staunch the flow of blood and as a backing for the poultice.

GM:
Plasters are used for massive head wounds, the first time they were used was in the stone ages basically glue from animal bones that dried stiff and strong creating both a protective layer and the one that were made from bone helped the broken bones mend.

On that principle, Mead is going to mix the potion of healing with chemicals in her chemist's kit. Bandages from Darius to stanch the bleeding so the wounds don't bleed out.

Ferment to aid on the chemistry aspect, plus handing stuff.


Ok, Mead will spend her last half action of round 1 and a full action on round 2 to attempt her healing. She will need to choose between saving one of the militiamen (no roll needed), or trying to save both of them which, due to the time constraints will require 2 Medicine rolls, DC 20. By the end of round 2 they will both pass on, so Mead only has one chance at this. For the rest, actions for round 2!


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 (+2 synergy from 4+ ranks in Craft)
Medicine: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 (+2 synergy from 4+ ranks in Craft)

If the synergy doesn't apply - then AD on the first Medicine roll 1d4 ⇒ 4 + 1d4 ⇒ 2

Either too stubborn or too stupid to choose one brother over the other, Juniper works frantically on both men, completely unaware of both the madman and the monster.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

combat:

Darius: double move to big huge goblin thing
Marco: move in and smack once (at goblin-thing)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

whoops, sorry, didn't know we were waiting for next round actions

"Ah'd rather not have yer hidin' in the corner there like a wallflower. Why don'tcha come out and dance with mah friends." It's not really a question, more of a statement. Then Crow reverses himself. "On second thought, why don't you just stay there instead. I don't want you going anywhere." as he suddenly realizes that Mead is likely to be flatfooted while trying to tend to the fallen men.

Round2:

"Hurts like a M@!^3% f$#&$% doesn't it? Bet yer bastard god's lovin' ya now, aint he? Don' worry, ya'll see 'im soon enough."

Crow beats on Sebastian with his massive hammer.

Action1: to hit1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11
Action2: to hit2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

massive, exotic damage(force)

activate critical on Sebastian
Defense: +2 for 2 rounds (1 more round?)
1 action die remaining

451 to 500 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.