Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Steel Wolves - A Mercenary Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Steel Wolves are a squad of the mercenary company the Blood Hawks. Currently stationed in Kalabuto, though the jungle calls....


2,251 to 2,300 of 3,371 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze strikes the first chain binding the thronebound, hoping the enchantments on his blade will be enough to slice through 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Sunder attempt

LAME


Primordial Ooze

As Blaze's scimitar flashes forth to strike the chain on the cyclopes' right hand...
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
...bouncing off and leaving only a faint mark, the two statues burst into life.

The one on Blaze's left surges from it's position of rest and rears up before shunting the magus with it's upper body...
Bullrush: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
...sending the Kelish man stumbling back ten feet from the throne.

The creature from Blaze's right moves less freely, but still takes position flanking the throne.

The one that bullrushed Blaze away then speaks in a harsh tongue, born of the pits of hell "Vielen Dank sterblichen hatten wir gezwungen worden, zu lange zu stehen .... aber ich kann nicht zulassen, dass du die Bande des Verräters zu schneiden."

Infernal:
"Thank you mortal, we had been forced to stand too long.... but I cannot allow you to cut the bonds of the betrayer."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Tell me again why you aren't Coup d'Grace-ing the chains? I'm pretty sure they're "helpless".


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel watches as the statue rushes Blaze before saying loudly "At least they seem talkative."


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Is comprehend languages still up?


Primordial Ooze

It is not - though Blaze would next hear the words by telepathy and understand them.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
to avoid the guardian

"Ugly Orc comin through!"

Chain held well, going for the arm!
......Greataxe Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

******face/palm*****


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Can I reply telepathically?


Primordial Ooze

Yep


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Watching Biter follow Blaze in, Doc had gritted his teeth. When the giants moved he nodded, expecting Blaze and Biter to run, leading the two giants into his trap. When Grusk ran into the throneroom Doc nearly blew a gasket.

Coal frammit, Grusk! Are ye daft! Git the feck outta there, the lot o' ye!" "Buncha gods damned amatures..."

For all his frustration though, he waited.

Readying an action to Bomb the lead giant when it gets in range of the trap.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"The guards spoke an so I assume heard our plans, so I jus made an adjustment!"

"Calm yerself Dickson cider breath!"


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze lets out a huff as he lands hard on the ground "ow, that was rude" He shakes his head in dismay at Grusk "What in the nine hells are you doing you ninny? Fall back NOW!"

Telepathically ::"Forgive us. We were under the impression that if we freed the thronebound he would attain final death. Is that not the case?"::

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Diplomacy


Primordial Ooze

As Grusk makes his charge, he nimbly evades any strikes... on the way forward. His heavy strike with his axe is off-target though and instead gouges the floor beside the throne. The right hand creature reacts to his charge by flinging it's net unto him...
Net (touch attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 4 = 17
...entangling the presumptuous member of Team Green in a stifling embrace... though you notice again that it's movements are not as free as the other.
Grusk is entangled, and the statue is holding a rope attached to the net - so you'll have to either slip the net or make an opposed Strength check to move away.

The other creature's telepathic voice is harsher now that a further affront has been made "The betrayer's suffering must endure. Leave this place, and he to his torment."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc growls, drops his shell, draws one of the bug-harpoons and aims it at Grusk...

touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

...splattering him and the net he's wrapped in with goo and chains. Tossing the rope to the rest of the squad he winds it around his arm and yells "Heave!"


Primordial Ooze

Going to initiative imminent - will do so tonight when I've got a chance to prep a map.


Primordial Ooze

Doc's gooey missile lands home on Grusk - further entangling him, but also providing a tether.

Initiative Block:
Statues: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Sentis + Baran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Doc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Darkbiter: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Blaze: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Kaavel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Grusk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Action Tracker (Round 1): Darkbiter, Blaze, Kaavel, Grusk, Sentis + Baran, Statues, Doc

Map


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Escape artist
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"I ain't no dog yah ken jus puts on a leash!"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Damn right! Dogs c'n learn t' do what ye tell 'em!"


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel goes into his fighting stance but stands unmoved, not sure to head into combat to help Grusk or wait.


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Dark backs up to F9, ready to attack if the statues move forward, but otherwise still letting Blaze handle the situation.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Somebody f'king pull! Blaze, c'n ye cut tha' net line? We gotta git 'im th' he'll outta there!"


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"Kaavel, help Doc pull Grusk out."

Move to H5, cut net. Move rest of my speed backwards.


Primordial Ooze

Blaze - move, attack, move requires Spring Attack.

Grusk manages to extricate himself from the net... but not from the viscous goo that now adheres to him from Doc's javelin. Seeing that Grusk has freed himself, Blaze backs away towards the entrance.

As Grusk is released from the net, Doc is able to easily haul him a good distance back from the throne.

The statues move to stand between the squad and the thronebound, stances aggressive - but standing passive for now. Blaze gets a forceful instruction "Do not act to shorten the Betrayer's imprisonment again... or we will not remain so passive..."

Action Tracker (Round 2): Darkbiter, Blaze, Kaavel, Grusk, Sentis + Baran, Statues, Doc

Explaining the statues behaviour: No-one has taken an aggressive action directly towards them, and since Grusk's sunder was an epic miss they didn't consider that enough provocation to instigate the red alarm. So the initial warning to Blaze still stood and they're on amber alert status at present.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"W're gonna need somethin' better'n a curvy sword t' get th' job done." Doc growled.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"I'm open to suggestions" The Magus says, standing defensively.


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

"See if you can get their side of the story. They seem to be willing to not immediately attack, so we may as well see what information we can get out of them while figuring out our next move."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Ah'm pretty sure their side o' th' story is somethin' like 'we're summoned or built an' bound to duty' or somethin like that. Might as well buy us some time though."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"Alright, sounds good. Don't go wastin any time I can buy ya"

::"What exactly was he imprisoned for? You call him 'Betrayer', who or what did he betray?":: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Diplomacy


Primordial Ooze

The statues maintain their position interposing between the squad and the throne that bears the cyclops who at present has his head sunken in a resignated pose. The response comes "He betrayed the Ghol-Gan, and this is not a prison as much his punishment."

No-one has Knowledge Planes do they?


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis sent Baran back into the tunnel and helped Doc pull Grusk back. So far this wasnt going to plan but that could very well be for the better.


Primordial Ooze

Helpful Hints:
Overt aggressive act will bring overt aggressive response.
Map has a natural choke point where your trap is set (G/H, 15/16) - you'll be facing only one at a time.
Their dander is up, so they'll not brook overt approach again without a stirring and pointed rebuke.
They are not statues...


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Do these guardians know tha Ghol-Gan are gone!"


Primordial Ooze

Assume Grusk question put to them:

"The death of the masters does not expunge the duty"


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"Doc, you figure out a plan yet?" Blaze says, eying the guardians warily.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc sighs. "Look," he says with his voice down so as not to be overheard. "Ah got a ton o' ideas, but most o' them 're gonna take longer than yer gonna want t' spend. All we really gotta do is kill them big fellas, an' then we c'n break th' chains at our leisure. Why don' ye ask Throneboy what he knows about his spiky friends. Best case scenario, they can't act while 'e tells us their weakness. Worst case, they git pissed an' come after us straight into th' deadfall."

"Another approach might be t' finish the main mission an' come back t' this. If'n ah c'n build Kaavel's mechanized armor outta th' chitin we just got it might put us on a more equal footin' wit' 'em."


Primordial Ooze
Sentis wrote:
Sentis will describe in detail the two armor plated constructs that flanked the Ghol-gan to their host.
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
"I do not know of the beasts you describe... I am sorry."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Wait. Throneboy doesn't know nothin'. Nevermind."

Screwing up his face in frustration, Doc broke out his jeweled flask. He was stumped.

"Yer th' boss. How d' ye wanna do this?"


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

"It is possible that killing the guardians is what is required to break the chains."


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

That makes sense Dark. Lets move back and attack one from afar and let Doc's trap do the brunt of the work.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Duty they says, so wha is tha duty an maybe we ken get round it in some way. Doc yah member tha tale yah told drunk bout tha mantaken a mission tah deliver a person live tah a certain location an he didn't want tah do it, then after he gots there he made them tell him his duty was ended and tha he did a good job, then he killed tha person he'd defended tha whole way?"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Vaguely. ah was drunk at th' time. Ah don' really see how it applies 'ere though. What'cha gettin' at? Ye think we c'n get 'em t' kill Throneboy?"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Best we find out tha exact nature o there orders an see iffen they can be satisfied in some way."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc looks at Blaze and shrugs. "Worth a shot."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"They communicate telepathically, and since I am not too sure what your gonna try and ask them, why don't one of you talk to them"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Me? It was Grusk's idea. Let 'im brain-talk at 'em. Maybe they'll read 'is mind an' decide t' jus' kill themselves."


Primordial Ooze

Expository information in support of a decision of some finality being made...

Nature of Orders:
The beings were ordered by contract to safeguard the corpse of the betrayer and ensure that it remained in the torment of unlife upon the throne. The orders have no end date and are intended to be served as long as the beings endure. You get a distinct sense that the statues are creatures of utmost law and discipline, and are unlikely to be talked out of their set task.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"This is getting silly. Let's try to divide them and take them out. Doc any chance you have something to slow our non target down further, say another bag o sticky goo?"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Sure, got plenty o' that. How 'bout ah pass 'em out an' we bomb the crap outta th' one on th' left?"


Primordial Ooze

Out of interest - where exactly are you standing while having this discussion?


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Outside, next to the trap, way from prying spikey ears

2,251 to 2,300 of 3,371 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steel Wolves - Mercenary Campaign Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.