Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Steel Wolves - A Mercenary Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Steel Wolves are a squad of the mercenary company the Blood Hawks. Currently stationed in Kalabuto, though the jungle calls....


2,001 to 2,050 of 3,371 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Not tryin to be metay, I had to look up the Ankheg stats for something else the other day, and I remember its touch AC being really low, which is why I was surprised that this one seems to have such a high one.

I need an acro check to move into melee range and avoid an AoO correct?


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel roars in pain after the large Ankheg takes a bite out of him. He than moves forward to swing at the large beat.

Ouch. 13/35
5 foot closer to monster.

Flurry of Blows:

First Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Second Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Primordial Ooze

Aye - Acrobatics to get close without an AoO; but remember the movement restrictions with Acrobatics checks as well.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Running fight, Wolves. It's havin' a hard time movin'. Run back outta reach, an' pelt it from a distance." Doc said, backing up. "Kaavel, git clear t' me."

Retrieving a red ringed jar from his many-pocketed pack, he throws it in a lob at the creature, dousing it in a sizable quantity of oil.

"Someone wannna light 'im?"

oil flash touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

No damage yet, but will add damage and catch it on fire once it's lit.

Sigh. Waste of a 20...


Primordial Ooze

Kaavel steps up to the ankheg, bloodied but unafraid, and unleashes a thundering lead-in strike to the creature's body - though misses with his other fist.

Doc's arcing jar of oil breaks upon the beast's chitinous carapace and the tarry contents form a patch of opportunity upon it's shell.

Action Tracker (Round 4): Ankheg, Cort, Doc, Sentis, Grusk, Kaavel, Blaze

Damage Tracker:
Biggun - 32 (and entangled)


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Carefull to stay out of the things reach until he could retaliate; Sentis moved to try to flank the massive ankheg.

Full move to get to T,14


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

I'm out of fiery spells at the moment. Sentis, any chance you can cast that rolling ball of flame?"

I can't really see the map on my cell, how far am I from the Ankheg?


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sorry boss, I wish I could but I cant. Gonna have to go old fashioned on this bug


Primordial Ooze

Blaze - you can get into base to base with a 20ft move.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

oops my bad....I will do my acro checks to get the creature or change over to ranged.....


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Ah got loads o' alchemist fire. Kaavel, git yer bug-chow carcass back t' me an' help me throw things."


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

"Give me a second." Kaavel says to Doc.


Primordial Ooze

Grusk - you can 5ft step up into melee, or 5ft step back to ranged - your choice.
Blaze - just need a confirmed action so I can update for the next round


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Grusk steps into melee with the great big bug (GBB).

Acrobatics check
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Morningstar
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

if applicable...
Sneak attack +2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Precise strike + 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Question, Acro says that I move at half speed when attempting to avoid an AoO. Does that mean I can still reach the bug? Or do I need two turns to move into melee range?


Primordial Ooze

Grusk steps up to the GBB and swings his chitinous weapon... though it merely bounces of it's hide.

Blaze - you can attempt a full speed Acrobatics check, but the DC goes up by 10. If you move half speed, then you can only get 15ft - leaving you outside of melee with the GBB

Action Tracker (Round 4): Ankheg, Cort, Doc, Sentis, Grusk, Kaavel, Blaze

Damage Tracker:
Biggun - 32 (and entangled)

Cort and Blaze to go...

Updated Map


Male Human Fighter 4

Cort can't quite get to it without eating an AoO so...

Cortland walked warily toward the creature in a hurried duelist stance. He'd seen it savage Kaavel and was rather worried about what else it might do. He stepped just inside it's reach and clanged his blade on the ground, hoping to turn the creature from his allies. "Hello Ugly... come get a meal." The young noble yelled with a confidence he didn't feel. Perhaps he could turn it away from his wounded comrade long enough for them to bring it down.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Realizing he's unlikely to close on the beast this round, Blaze moves forward till he is just outside it's reach. He then blasts the Ankheg with a beam of cold. Casting Ray of Frost1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Ranged touch attack for 1d3 ⇒ 3 Cold


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

>.<

Blaze, you just made me facepalm a little :)


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Wow...that was supposed to Ray of Frost...I am really way too tired...


Primordial Ooze

Map will come tonight as I am no longer able to update them at work (different net server with different net nanny software)

Cort approaches the GBB and draws it's attention as Blaze fires a ray of frost impacting and chilling part of it's hide.

The ankheg shifts it's bulk and the powerful jaws snap at Cort...
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
...while two of it's legs lash out at Kaavel and Grusk....
Slam (Kaavel): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Slam (Grusk): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
...it's entangled bulk clearly hampered, though it does land a glancing blow on Kaavel.

GBB is now in base to base with Kaavel, Grusk, Blaze and Cort - but no-one is flanking at this point.

Action Tracker (Round 5): Ankheg, Cort, Doc, Sentis, Grusk, Kaavel, Blaze

Damage Tracker:
Biggun - 35 (and entangled)


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Dammit wolves, git the hell away from that thing! We're faster than it, we don' got t' fight it up close!"

Doc lobs another flask toward the monster, taking care to keep it away from his allies.

Aiming for 9R

touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 fire

Fire should ignite oil from last round. Bug makes DC 15 reflex save or catch fire, taking 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"No worries Doc, its not eaten us yet sides Cort tastes bad an would get spit out anyway."

Morningstar
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"If it gets yah in it's mouth half o us will yell swallow an tha other half will yell choke an tha poor bug will be confused!"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

The dwarf's wisdom couldnt be argued and Sentis had no real risk those pinchers after having already been chomped on that day. So he backed up a bit, sheathed his sword and retrieved his sling.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Why am ah no' s'prised tha' ye know how Cort tastes..." Doc yells back over the din of battle.


Primordial Ooze

Grusk's swingy spiky ball of doom bounces off the ankheg's chitin again without penetrating while Doc's alchemist's fire lands true and starts up a growing blaze on the bug - filling the small chamber with acrid smoke.

Sentis takes a step back and prepares to engage the bug with leather-flung missiles.

Damage and catching fire I'll update at the end of round.

Action Tracker (Round 5): Ankheg, Cort, Doc, Sentis, Grusk, Kaavel, Blaze


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"I know cuz taste is 8 parts smell an I ken smell him!"


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel steps back away from the beast as Doc suggests.


Primordial Ooze

Just Cort and Blaze to go - I'm conscious of the fact it's Easter so not too stressed.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Just poppin in real fast to say I will post after Easter festivities are over, prolly mid afternoon for me


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze slashes out with Sunstrike 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Can I use Acrobatics to move backwards and avoid an AoO?. If yes, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Acrobatics


Primordial Ooze

You can indeed take a move action to Acrobatics out and attempt to avoid an AoO.

Blaze lands a solid blow with his blade before dancing out of harm's way.

Cort stands stock still - in awe of the beast's size...

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

The ankheg is sorely wounded by this point and attempts to flee... albeit hampered by it's lack of mobility with Doc's resinous secretions gumming up it's undercarriage. It limps ponderously to the edge of the chamber and prepares to begin burrowing through the earth.

Action Tracker (Round 5): Ankheg, Cort, Doc, Sentis, Grusk, Kaavel, Blaze

Damage Tracker:
Biggun - 48 (and entangled)

No map yet as I'm at work - but it got 30ft away and you're all still in plain sight.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

As the Ankheg fled; Sentis spun his sling around a few times and let the stone fly.

Sling Attack - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage - 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc lights a cigar and let's the creature burn.

Doc holds his action

its taking 1d6 fire from the alchemist fire and 1d6 fire from being on fire from the oil.


Primordial Ooze

Sentis' stone flies true and cracks into the ankheg's retreating hide... but it still moves despite the hit.

Doc - it made the save vs the oil burning, so just the continuing damage from alchemist's fire at present.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Isn't it still covered in oil though? It didn't catch, but it's not gone. The bug hasn't wiped it off or anything, right? When it takes damage from the Alchemist fire this round won't it need to save vs. catching fire again?


Primordial Ooze

Fair enough, I'll give it another save against it if it gets to have another action...


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Doc yer burnin up yer pimp wagon armor!"


Primordial Ooze

Pimp Wagon shell is still slinking away... Blaze / Cort / Grusk / Kaavel want to try and stop it?


Male Human Fighter 4

"Stupid creature. Can't even die properly." Cort says under his breath, then launches forward through the creature's reach, hoping on his agility training to avoid it.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

And then strikes with the force of his charge.

Charge Attack:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

"Aye." Kaavel says to Cortland before charging after the beast as well.

Attack and Damage Rolls:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Chitin don't burn easy. 'S like bone. Try not t' let that thing git away, eh?" Doc says keeping half an eye on the rest of the fight and wandering over to the edge of the pit to look down.

Trying to conserve resources. I think you guys have this.


Primordial Ooze

For the record and RAW you can't use acrobatics while charging.
But this fight has lingered enough and as Doc said...

Doc's trust was well placed as Cort and Kaavel follow after the chitinous behemoth, bringing it down with their strikes even as the fire continues to burn upon the bug's back. The big bug is bleeding ichor and acid from the numerous punctures in it's shell and beneath and shudders in it's death throes.

Combat over.

Doc's peer into the area below does not yield any sign of further assault and all is eerily quiet.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Takes up a perimeter guard position.....

"Doc yah tink there is more tha one biggun?"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Whos hurt?

The half elf retrieved his healing kit and called to mind his cure spell.


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

"I am." Kaavel says to Sentis.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Save yer spells, Sentis. We might need 'em if'n we git inna 'nother fight. When we got time, my stuff's more efficiant. Ah jus' can't mix as fast as ye c'n cast."

Doc tosses Kaavel a flask.

Fast Heal 1 for 10 rounds


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel drinks the potion in the flash before saying "Tastes like apples how you pull that off Doc?"

Had no idea what to say what it tastes like but apples first thing that came to mind.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Made it from fermented Cider." Dac grinned around his stogie.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Is your cider from Dickson?"

2,001 to 2,050 of 3,371 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steel Wolves - Mercenary Campaign Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.