Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Steel Wolves - A Mercenary Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Steel Wolves are a squad of the mercenary company the Blood Hawks. Currently stationed in Kalabuto, though the jungle calls....


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,371 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Bullrush

Seeing how far the halfling has gotten, Blaze decides to go all out, charging through the debris in the barracks, then flipping over anything or anybody who gets in his way.


Primordial Ooze

Blaze dances out of the barracks, shoving aside some of the beds to clear his way. As he streaks out and past the others he vaults up onto the roof with ease, drawing level with Grusk. Behind him on the ground, Doc's tanglefoot mortar explodes in sticky treacle... cementing him in place, but at least one arm is free enough to grab his stogies and booze.

The halfling, anxious that no-one responded to his cry for help gets desperate and tries to leave the menacing half-orc in his dust....
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Will Save vs Fear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
...brave enough to skirt the edge of the rooftop and make some progress, though his eyes can't pick out the strong parts of the roof easily enough for him to surge too far ahead.
Passed on 1, failed second by less than 5 - therefore still progresses one card

Card 3: Cats on a Hot Tin Roof
The roof of the command structure is in reasonable repair, though some of the tiles sag ominously in areas. The edge of the roof is in better repair, though it's a long way down from up here...

Hopscotch across the minefield: Nothing stopping you from charging straight across the middle of the roof... just watch out for the parts where the tiles might give way. (Perception)
No fear... of heights at least: Set your jaw and skirt the roof... it's not that far down. (Will save vs Fear)

Current Positions:
Card 4: Halfling
Card 3: Grusk, Blaze
Card 2: Kaavel
Card 1: Doc, Sentis
Card 0: Baran, ?Dark?

Initiative Tracker: Blaze, Kaavel, Grusk, Doc, Sentis + Baran, Halfling


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Perception

Trusting in his innate agility, the Keleshite darts after the little man "Your really not going to escape me, so stop trying."


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Making the yard but still unsure why they were all running after a 'little bunny rabbit' Sentis kept up the chase anyways leaping over sleeping soldiers aand some very awake soldiers as well. He did spare a moment to chuckle at Doc's predicament.

Acrobatics - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Wolf

Baran barked repeatedly and shook off the bed covers before bounding from the baracks. a little alliteration going on

Acrobatics - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

He burst into the yard in time to see the half elf leap over one particularly annoyed man who was shaking his fist.


Primordial Ooze

Blaze picks a safe way across the roof and draws level with the halfling. As Sentis picks his way across the courtyard, Baran boisterously barrels belligerently out of the barracks.

Current Positions:
Card 4: Halfling, Blaze
Card 3: Grusk
Card 2: Kaavel, Sentis
Card 1: Doc, Baran

Initiative Tracker: Blaze, Kaavel, Grusk, Sentis + Baran, Halfling


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel attempts to climb his way up to the roof.
Climb Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Hot tin roof

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Will save
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"Akkkk I will get you yet!"

Hey I should have him by now! he's slow! ;)


Primordial Ooze

Seeing Grusk streak ahead of him and Blaze speeding up behind him the halfling sighs and his shoulders slump in resignation. He drops to his knees and puts his hands up and head down "You got me why did I feckin agree to this just don't make with the stabbing please!" he begs.

Grusk and Blaze can respond to him initially. Depending on what transpires we'd either be out of or back into combat again.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze takes a few moments to catch his breath then says "Relax, we aren't going to stab you. What exactly were you doing in our sleeping area? And why did you lead us on such a merry chase?." 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Diplomacy


Primordial Ooze

Hands still up defensively and warily "It wasn't my idea... it was Hargy's idea. He just wanted to play a trick on Grusk is all..."


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis arrived on the scene with his trusty wolf right behind him. He was in time to hear the halfling's explanation.

This was all because of a trick? Hahaha!


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze look sternly into the halfling's eyes "And who exactly is Hargy?" He asks slowly. "And this was all some trick?? If so why did you run like you did?"

Not sure if Sentis actually caught up, as we're up on the rooftops, bu in case he hasn't I asked the same


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Oops! Completely missed that you all were on the roof.

Edit previous action

Sentis wasnt about to go climbing up the roof when Blaze and Grusk were already up there. Those two could more than deal with one halfling. So he went over to check on the dwarf mired in his own concoction.

You need a hand Doc? What can I do to help?


Primordial Ooze

Stammering the halfling continues "Hargy's my corporal... he just overheard your dwarf and him arguing about parentage and thought it would be funny to give Grusk a picture." sweat beading on his brow "He drew it up and told me to put it on his bed after you were all asleep.... I ran because he woke up swinging."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

At that comment, Blaze starts to laugh "Grusk is a very cranky person. I think it's due to his mom needing to be drunk pretty much her whole pregnancy and for most of his childhood" He puts out his hand and helps the halfling up. "I think we can just let this slide. It's nothing that serious, Grusk just overreacted, I think."


Primordial Ooze

Just pausing to see if Grusk wants to take anything further.
For the rest - we'll be going into a couple of weeks of fast forward downtime, so any crafting / shopping / etc can get done then.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Oh, yeah, hey elf, I, uh, was jus' testin' a new formula fer stickin', uh, stuff to... me." Doc chewed his words, eventually giving up trying to save face entirely. "Works great." he said trying to take another drink and discovering that the tanglefoot resin had glued the top of his flask down. "F@@~..."


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Maybe yah needs better up-bringin! I tink DOc might has a new potion fer yah tah tries out, yer brave enuff fer tha task....Lets go have a talk wit tha others. I tink tha watch needs some instructin on watchin proper.... Care tah shows me how yah snuck in?"


Primordial Ooze

The little halfling accedes to your request and follows Grusk back off the roof and shows him how he snuck into the Wolves part of the barracks - through a loose set of boarding at the far end.

Just a final reminder to post intent for any shopping or crafting or actions during downtime. Once I start up the narrative again it will be rush-rush for a while and you won't get a chance for a while.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Did we split up our last payment yet?

Are we considering that we've already spoken to the man about our books?


Primordial Ooze

Last payment hasn't been split up yet.
Please consider that you've already got your copied version of the books back. You'll be seeing Holmburg soon enough to kick off the next section anyhow.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

The half elf looked on with much amusement at the stuck fast dwarf and couldnt help but chuckle at the absurdity.

Well, if there's anything I can do to help let me know. Doesnt look like a pleasant way to spend the evening friend.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Hey Doc is yer stuff still sticky? I got yah a bunk-mate fer tha evenin....."

Places the halfling into the goo with Doc.

"Sweet dreams."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc grumbled something unintelligible and then said "It'll get brittle an' lose consistency pretty soon. Best not t' git you stuck too."

When Grusk tossed the halfling in with Doc, he grinned evilly. "Hello little rabbit. You look like you could use a drink."

Doc's table of random harmless alchemical mishaps says that by the time the halfling leaves in the morning one of his feet is significantly larger than the other for 2 weeks, and his skin has turned pale purple for a month.


Primordial Ooze

The halfling endures your rejoiner stoically, knowing that he got off relatively easily. He is occasionally heard to curse Hargy and Numbnuts under his breath - the implied actions that he will take in revenge growing ever more elaborate.


Male Human Fighter 4

Cort comes limping into the courtyard near the morning, cocky hat askew on his still pale face. "Well well. I see Doc's still up to his tricks." The disgraced swordlord says with a grin. "You boys weren't thinking of leaving without me were you?"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc sends the halfling on his way with a large quantity or itching powder and his newly perfected hair-growth formula. "Ye ain't a bad assistant, lit'le rabbit. 'Ere's somethin' t' help ye git yer payback. Come on back if'n ye ever want t' join a be'ter squad."

"Mornin' Cort!" Doc grinned, raising his morning pint to the the swordsman and wiping some foam off his beard. "We still got some work t' do b'fore we head out. We killed some bugs tha' make impressive armor. Now we cot uniforms o' sorts, or at least a kind o' color scheme. Ah made ye some gear. 'Ow was yer vacation?"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"I ain't no artist but this picture....stinks."

"Do I smell.....hairy halflin?"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"The halflin' jus' ran back tha' way. Is tha' wha' all the fuss was about? Lemmee see." Doc says, holding out a stubby hand.


Primordial Ooze

The paper in Grusk's hand looks like an attempt to draw a woman on all fours being mounted by a bullock. A title at the bottom states Grusk's Mom. Now seen in the light it is a very poor drawing.


Male Human Fighter 4

"Vacation was nice. We need prettier nurses in the barracks though. Medic Carlisle is not a pretty sight to wake to." Cort laughed and then looked at the new armor. "Does it work all right? Made outta bug hide and all. Ugh." He appraised it with a critical eye. "Couldn't we paint it? So dark and boring."


Primordial Ooze
Cortland Broadcloak wrote:
"So dark and boring."

The bug hide in question is actually bright lime green.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc looks at the drawing with a completely straight face and nods. "Hmm. Ah c'n see why ye got so angry. Disrespectful as hell. They got yer dad's face all wrong."

Pocketing the drawing Doc says to Cort "Ah got plenty o' paint, an' ah think ah c'n even mix up somethin' that'll fix yer color blindness."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze smiles brightly when Cort appears "Bout time you got off your lazy bum and became a useful member to this team again." He says with a chuckle "Seriously though it's good to have you back. Let's all go have a few drinks at Doc's tavern, and we can catch ya up"

I *think* this is the same town Doc owned that drinking contest in, right? If not, just replace Doc with *the*

Also, I'm good to move on. Blaze will scribe his full spellbook, if he hadn't already in the down time. Gonna probably save up the gold, though we should look to sell whatever left over loot we don't want.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

every tavern is Doc's tavern...

"Good idea. Ah could use another mornin' pint. Or two. Or five."


Primordial Ooze

If it matters - the tavern's name is The Drowning Man


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Good to see you up and walking Cort. We definitely wouldnt leave without you now that you're back to fighting shape. I'm up for a drink. especially since our rest was so rudely interrupted.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Grusk is fully outfitted in his new gear....

Skylar watches from the rooftop the halfling was on the night before.

"Doc er yah keepin tha picture o mah mom, I guess no amount o booze will get yah over yer one true love."

"This armor has got quite a color once yah finished treatin it, should we wax err polish it?"


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel shakes his head at the whole sense. Before following the others to the tavern.


Male Human Fighter 4

Cort avoids drinking, but enjoys his time with the others, laughing himself silly at the antics of Doc and the tales of the mission he'd missed.


Primordial Ooze

Even though you arrive just before closing, the barkeep knows his business and keeps the inn open for as long as you care to keep drinking. It is the wee hours of just before midday when you stagger back out onto the streets of the strangely bright Kalabuto.

Part of the way back to your barracks there is a thundering explosion that bursts from the alleyway just ahead of your group.

Perception DC 15:
Immediately after the explosion you hear a long string of excited giggling.


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
WOOT.

Kaavel turns to the alleyway than says "Anyone else hear that giggling?


Primordial Ooze

A small plume of dark grey smoke tinged with blue starts rising up above the buildings as well.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc was completely unsurprised at the explosion, whatever survival instincts about such things he once had long since destroyed by routine. He simply looked at the smoke's consistency and sniffed the air.

Alchemy to figure out what caused the explosion 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Primordial Ooze

Looking at the smoke and lack of collateral damage in sight... Doc gauges that the boom was high on the flash factor, low on the efficacy. Definitely alchemic in origin, though you'd need to go into the alley and see the residual to be sure of what caused the smoke.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc grunted. "Whoever they are, they weren't tryin' t' do any real damage."

Moving forward to look around the corner to look, Doc pulled out his obsidian axe, holing it low, just in case.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Maybe our friends from tha other squad.....We need tah get them back I think."


Primordial Ooze

Moving round the corner and gazing into the alley you are able to see the source of the smoke. About thirty feet in and just in front of an opened shoplot was a scene of minor chaos. A blackened area surrounded what was left of what you would gauge was once a poorly constructed table. Ensconced upon his behind about 10 feet from the blast is a small gnomish figure wearing a leather smock and a pair of blackened goggles upon his face. Bright red hair seems to explode upwards from his head and outwards from his lip and chin and he is currently beside himself with a fit of giggles. One arm is raised at the remains of the table as he laughs.

Doc:
Judging from the blast you'd say maybe he was experimenting with fireworks or something similar - maybe a smoke bomb that went off a bit better than expected.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Naw, jus' a breakthrough, or maybe a lucky accident. Ye alright pal?"

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,371 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steel Wolves - Mercenary Campaign Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.