Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Steel Wolves - A Mercenary Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Steel Wolves are a squad of the mercenary company the Blood Hawks. Currently stationed in Kalabuto, though the jungle calls....


751 to 800 of 3,371 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

I couldnt agree more about that.

Sentis will stop the group at one vendor and buy a hearty lunch and ales for the fellows and all of the raw meat he can for the animals. Fishing out 5 gold he hands it over.

He's not surprised at the many strange and awed looks they were getting.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"I worked up an appetite jus watching."

Eats his lunch

"Glad I didn't have tah eat wolf er bear er dark fer lunch."


Primordial Ooze

*cough* it's late evening, so would be supper... just saying :)


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis just now realized that dusk had fallen and chalked it up to yet another aspect of city life that he didnt care for.

Its a lot later than I thought it was. You cant track the suns path across the sky when youre all bottled up between these buildings.


Primordial Ooze

Sentis - You picked up a brace of rabbits for your wolf, and an assortment of nuts, grain and grubs for the black bear.

Dark and Sentis - can we have names for your new friends too?


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

If they're true children of nature, they won't name them. After all, naming things is a human convention. In nature, you just know what a thing is and that's that.


Primordial Ooze

Up to Sentis and Dark - if they want to call them 'Bear' and 'Wolf' then that's fine as well (or 'Flopsy' and 'Wimple', or any other variation of nom de plume).


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

I'm still trying to figure out a good name. When I figure one out, it will be used.


Male Wolf

The wolf who would be known as Baran was almost as happy as he was right before he his leg got stuck in a trap and he was brought to this hateful city and made to fight. Now he was free again and he had a connection this two-legs that went beyond even that between packmates which apparently the other two-legs were with his friend. He could smell the yummy briar hoppers that the two-legs carried and it had him salivating. He stuck close to his friend and as far away from the big grumpy claws as he could.


Primordial Ooze

You are all back at the barracks now - I know I hadn't stated it explicitly, but it is so.
Anyone have any portentious news or events to fill the rest of the squad in on?


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Seeing the others in the squad Kaavel turns to them with his new full head of hair before saying "Vankerman showed up here again. Seems that he asked the captain for some services again. He looked very happy with himself when he was leaving. Captain took him on the offer since the pay was good last time."


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Grusk walks ahead of all the others, whistling a merry little tune, not sure how much they had made on the fight and added the new critters to the pack......

Inquiring glances will be answered with..
"Were back, boring town, not thing happened!"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis couldnt hide his shock at Kaavel's well...shock of hair.

What happened to you?

He also couldnt believe the rogue's assesment of their day.

I wouldnt say nothing happened. It was amazing. Dark squared off against this bear here in a pit fight and won. He not only won the fight but also the bear's and this wolf's freedom. I've formed a bond with the wolf and he'll be traveling with us. How fitting that the Steel Wolves now have an actual wolf as part of the pack?

He'll take out the pouch of gold and count out the winnings minus their dinner and hand 85 gold pieces to Doc.

and here's the coin we won on him winning as well. All in all a good day.


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel shrugs at Sentis's shock before saying "I drunk some new potion Doc was making. It cased me to grow hair quickly along with my nails been keeping those low though."


Male Wolf

Baran rose up and strode to Sentis's side when the half elf gestured at him. He looked around at the gathered two-legs and a sense of purpose came over him.

...my friend has a well formed pack...

the wolf will walk around and smell the boots and hands of each of the two legs that will let him. He's trepiditous at first but as he made his way around he relaxed.

...these two legs can be trusted...so different from what ive always been told by the grizzled long tooths...

he returned to the druids side and laid down with his head on his paws. At peace for the first time since his capture.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis laughed at Kaavel's explanation.

One of Doc's brews huh? Youre lucky you didnt shrink and grow a beard!


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Doc's hair tonic an nail finisher....I ken sell tha fer certain, keep tha pets out o it, they be hairy nuff."


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

"I think a beard would suit me. I do not know about the shrinking part though." Kaavel says with a straight face.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

When the wolf goes up to sniff him, Blaze will stretch out his hand to let him get a good whiff. If able, he'll scratch the wolf behind the ear.

"Our trip to our sage buddy was not nearly as eventual. He's going to need some time to translate the map fully. Cort however had an interesting experience, but I'll allow him to tell that story"

DM:
Hey Voice, don't forget your Undead friends


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

While they talked Sentis went to check on Dark's wounds but the ranger stoically waved him towards the bear.

He approached the bear cautiously and gingerly got out his healing kit.

Heal - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 = bears HD + 3 HP

We could use the time off Sunny. These two gladiators are cut up pretty bad and will need rest and care. And if we have enough time I might be able to teach that wolf a trick or two if he's receptive.


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Darkbiter's looks definitely confirm Sentis' story. Not having any more to add, he pulls out his healing kit and starts to tend to the equally scarred bear that follows him cautiously, still trying to figure out how to proceed, but respectful of this bear like creature that withstood his pounding in the ring. "I doubt any of those men would have been a real challenge anyway, and the animals needed the help. Least I could do to assist my brethren of the wild."

Heal check on the bear 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2
Grusk II wrote:
"Doc's hair tonic an nail finisher....I ken sell tha fer certain, keep tha pets out o it, they be hairy nuff."

"If'n ah could make it wit' any pr'dictabil'ty, we might be able t' make some money on it, but it's jus' a product o' bad mixin'. 'S s'posed t' make yer whole body grow, but if'n ye screw up th' measurements it c'n do weird stuff. Once it hit mah unmentionables. Tha' 'urts like 'ell."


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

I wish we could free all of those animals but I fear that they would just hunt down more. What an abhorrent practice.

When he's finished with the bear Sentis will use up the remainder of his healing kit on Darkbiter's wounds.

Heal - 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26 = +6 HP

D'oh! I just found that the healers kit gives a +2.

Kaavel did you say that Vankerman was here? and that he's talked to the captain about another job? Is it wrong that I hope we dont get it?


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)
Drannigan "Doc" Piper wrote:
Grusk II wrote:
"Doc's hair tonic an nail finisher....I ken sell tha fer certain, keep tha pets out o it, they be hairy nuff."
"If'n ah could make it wit' any pr'dictabil'ty, we might be able t' make some money on it, but it's jus' a product o' bad mixin'. 'S s'posed t' make yer whole body grow, but if'n ye screw up th' measurements it c'n do weird stuff. Once it hit mah unmentionables. Tha' 'urts like 'ell."

"I knew a gnome once would pay handsomely fer yer unmentionalble enhancer, ken yah also makes a pain killer?"


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4
Sentis Spinis wrote:


Kaavel did you say that Vankerman was here? and that he's talked to the captain about another job? Is it wrong that I hope we dont get it?

"Yeah I did Sentis. Yes he did when I told captain about him he got little upset with me and said I did not complain about the pay last time. No idea if we are going to get the job or not. I hope we do than we can do something with that fool. I say we tie him to a tree and put some blood on him, leave him there for a few hours." Kaavel says with slight anger in his ideas.


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

"Best to let it go and hope we don't have to deal with him again. No point in wasting energy on a festering wound." Dark comments as he finishes up his healing of the bear. " Come on, Lucky, let's go see if we can wrangle up a proper meal from the kitchen. Best not to be too near Doc when he's in crazy experimentation mode." The bear, confused at first by the name, hears the word 'meal' and follows along eagerly, happy to finally deal with something he can understand.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2
Grusk II wrote:


"I knew a gnome once would pay handsomely fer yer unmentionalble enhancer, ken yah also makes a pain killer?"

"Heh. Gnomes. Somethin' tickles me at th' thought'a making a profit offa their inadequacies. Ah'll see what ah c'n work t'gether."


Male Wolf

Baran let the golden haired two legs with the fang shaped sword scratch his ears. He coudlnt imagine that this day would turn out so well for him. He was sure that this woudldve been his last day had they not intervened. These thoughts were fleeting as the young wolf was much more intersted in the briar hoppers that he could smell still in his friends pack and he went over to nudge and paw at it.


Primordial Ooze

I think Cort is still partially on reduced posting, so feel free to read up on what happened and assume that your characters have that knowledge in game.

When you're ready for plot advancement, take your leave and get some sleep.... you'll need it...


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavel grins as he watches the others. Looking up he notices that it is getting late so he decides to head off to rest wondering "Wonder why Vankerman was here."


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis finished up stitching Darkbiter's cuts when he noticed the wolf pawing at his pack.

The rabbits! How could I forget?

He rushed over and got out the fresh rabbits and gave them to the wolf. He waited while he ate and when he was done and licking his chops he called for him to follow him.

Its been a long day so Im turning in. Guess we dont need a watch posted here huh? See you all in the morning.

The druid retired to his room with the wolf on his heel and turned in for the night.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze will retire for the night, taking the spellbook he found in the ruins with him. He'll then study it for a few hours before finally falling asleep.

Voice, how you wanna handle learning spells from it?? Needs I roll?


Primordial Ooze

No need to roll, just tack em straight in


Male Human Fighter 4

Sorry about that, DM Voice is correct of course, and I thank him for his patience.

Cort smiles and hunkers down to ruffle the new arrivals hackles with a grin. "Looks like Быстрый ветер, the wolf pup I had as a kid." Afterward he recounts his story, leaving out his own distress with a slight look towards Blaze, then yawns. "I'm with you fellows. Bedtime for this Swordlord, right after drills." Cort will spend a half-hour drilling, again trying some of the new combat techniques he saw in the book, and giving his legs a couple of shallow cuts in failing them occasionally, but feeling he was getting better. He then washes off and heads to bed.


Primordial Ooze

The night passes peacefully and restfully, for your newly extended family. The dawn herald another day of fair weather, though a visitor arrives to pull Blaze aside.

Blaze:
You are led into the Captain's tent where he is standing with a Sargavan colonial. You sense some concern and urgency upon the air and your salute is acknowledged and waved away.

The captain continues "New job's in and it's yours. Just remember Corporal eyes are watching." locking gaze meaningfully before he leaves the Sargavan to continue.

The colonial picks up and adds "As you likely know, we rely upon metals and stones from the Bandu Hills to fuel our industry here. We were expecting a trade caravan of salt from one of the smaller mines two days ago, and it obviously has not arrived. With our militia stretched already and rumors of Mzali resurgent we cannot spare anyone to check on the miners."

Handing over a rolled map the Captain adds "Your job is to recon the mine, see what has befallen the miners and get that shipment of salt back here to Kalabuto. Recompense is commesurate with results.... Any questions?"


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

How many spells can I add to my personal spellbook in say, three hours time?

DM:
Blaze listens to the colonial and the Captain, taking in all they said. "Not really. Sounds fairly straightforward. I'll inform my team right away and be on the move ASAP. Some of them have been itching to leave the moment we arrived within the city walls." With that he salutes once more, then departs.

Is my scimitar ready yet? Figure I'd go pick that up first before returning to barracks and getting what money I can from the shield as well.


Primordial Ooze

Three spells in three hours.
Yep - scimitar is ready - spoiler below.

Blaze:
You return to the enchanter and arrive just as he opens. Your scimitar is newly enchanted, and after testing the power of the shield the shopkeep offers the following:
Your shield and 500gp for the enchantment on the scimitar.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc works much of the night, lulling his companions to sleep with the sounds of bubbling concoctions and occasional muttered dwarven curses.

In the morning he brews up a pot of wake up juice, adding something from a flask to his own cup. Surly until he finishes his first cup, he finally sighs a contented sigh and greets the squad.

"Mornin' lads. What's on t'day's agenda?"

Doc will also add Formulae to his list during the night, as well as continuing crafting and experimentation.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis had awoken before dawn at the gentle nudging from Baran. Who apparently needed let out of the room. He figured this was a good enough time to commune and found a corner of the courtyard in which to meditate while the wolf sniffed around. The Green Faith provided as it always does and even led him to a spell that was much appreciated by the druid and another inspired the fortitude of Dark's bear friend.

He called the wolf to him and cast Speak With Animals

He spent several minutes conversing with the animal which he quickly learned was named Baran. The talk was difficult at first as Sentis had to sort through dominant thoughts of food and the fear of being in a city. But it turned heartfelt as the druid learned of his capture and having to watch two of his broodmates fight to their death in the pits. Baran was the last of his pack but the half-elf let him know that he belonged to a new pack; the Steel Wolves. He gave him the others names and specialties so Baran would know how to fit in with them. The wolf was pleased at the name and vows of friendship that would last two lifetimes were made without hesitation.

As the spell ended Sentis ruffled the wolf's fur as he got out the other rabbit for him to eat. It was at this time that he noticed Doc was already brewing so he left Baran to eat and walked over to the dwarf.

Good morning Doc. You make some more of that wake up juice? May I?

as he sipped at the bitter brew he thought aloud

I wonder what today will bring our way?


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

"Unless we get fresh orders, I'll probably spend the day getting Lucky comfortable with us after checking the status on my gear." Darkbiter is already awake and ready for whatever the day brings, though a bit stiff from yesterday's excitement. Lucky seems to have relaxed considerably after a good night's sleep and is cautiously curious about the remainder of his new family.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Hey, I was able to speak with my wolf this morning. His name is Baran. I think he'll fit in just fine. Although he is wary of your bear Dark. He says theyre dangerous. But he trusts us so no worries.

Sentis casually sips some more of the wake up juice.

How are your wounds? and Lucky's? I could heal you two some more if necessary.

he gives them both the once over with what is becoming a practiced healers eye - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

"I suspect that Lucky is as wary of Baran as Baran is of him. They'll get used to each other eventually. Making a bear part of a wolf pack doesn't happen in a day."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

The young Keleshite is beaming as he gets his scimitar back. Thank the Dawnflower nothing happened to it He thinks as he heads back to the barracks where he wakes any Wolf not already up and fills them in on their new assignment.


Primordial Ooze

For those of you who are non-spoiler readers, mission is thus:

The captain continues "New job's in and it's yours. Just remember Corporal eyes are watching." locking gaze meaningfully before he leaves the Sargavan to continue.

The colonial picks up and adds "As you likely know, we rely upon metals and stones from the Bandu Hills to fuel our industry here. We were expecting a trade caravan of salt from one of the smaller mines two days ago, and it obviously has not arrived. With our militia stretched already and rumors of Mzali resurgent we cannot spare anyone to check on the miners."

Handing over a rolled map the Captain adds "Your job is to recon the mine, see what has befallen the miners and get that shipment of salt back here to Kalabuto. Recompense is commesurate with results.... Any questions?"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

When are we leaving Sunny?


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Darkbiter nods as he packs his gear. "It'll be good to be back out in the field. I'm sure Lucky will agree."


Male Half-Elf Martial Artist /4

Kaavels thinks for a moment before answering "We are going to some mines? Anyone have some torches?"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Keep tha critters off tha salt licks."

"Torches are fer humans."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2
Grusk II wrote:


"Torches are fer humans."

"Bahaha! True, true. And fer people who want t' be able t' see father than 'bout sixty feet. Ah've had an idea fer some lanterns. Give me a bit b'fore we head out an' ah c'n put 'em t'gether. Dark, when ye go pick up yer gear, c'n ye pick up these items f'r me?" he says scrawling down a short list of materials.

Doc is immediately going to set to making a batch of sunrods and when Dark gets back he's going to make shutterable miner's lights. for everyone.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Doc, Didya get a chance tah finish them oils o true stike fer me?"

751 to 800 of 3,371 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steel Wolves - Mercenary Campaign Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.