Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Starship Fantasies Playtest (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

Science fiction Pathfinder homebrew campaign.


351 to 400 of 1,017 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human

Feel free to take other actions first, but...

Once all the officers arrive in the conference room, the Captain says "Report. What happened down there?"


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter will walk in and sit as far away from the captain as possible, when he asks what happened Walter will reply

"Sorry Captain, I don't know, I got hit by two orcs and was unconsious for most of the battle"


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Location: Hanger

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

He will take the gun and any spare rounds he can find. Then after finishing examining the bodies he will go to sickbay before reporting in to the captain.

New Location: Deck 1, Conference Room

He seats himself in one of the chairs before saying "Kicked the s**t out of some creeps, bout all there is to it." his voice is rough as always but it is easy to see he is happy.

Andoran

Grunk, you recognize these guys as a small mainly Orcish mercenary company called the Blood Claws. They operate mainly on the fringes of Federation space.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I head to the conference room.


"Couple of orcs and goblins came in and started messing with the cargo bay..." She trails off as she remembers all the explosives carried by the goblins and the first few seconds where they were missing from the battle.
"@#!* All security members, as soon as you are healed I want you up on deck six to help me search for foreign cargo!
If you'll excuse me captain Ageera, I have some urgent business to take care of. I'll give you my report later."

Without waiting to be dismissed Kimefe rushes back to the teleporter to conduct a thorough search of the cargo bay

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Not sure if I get a bonus from having craft (explosives) or from any sensors the Excelsior has, but there's my base roll. I'm assuming the rest of my team will either get their own rolls or will assist me.


Male Human

The Captain nods to Kimefe, appreciating her thoroughness. "Here on deck 1 we encountered two orcs and a couple of little goblins with bombs. We managed to take them down, but not before they got Rucla." He has a hard angry look in his eye when he says that. "Kimefe's right, we can't afford to sit around. Hightower, I want a full damage report and repair schedule on my desk within the hour. Bigfix, get to the bridge. I want you to try and raise Cygnuss IV and we need constant scans for more enemy vessels. Syarha, stand by to counsel any crew who need it. Gotrum, get me a personnel report did anyone else die, anyone missing? Tungsten, get this ship moving. The faster we get to Cygnuss IV, the better. Any questions?" He asks. "If not, get to work. Hourly reports by comm for everyone."

Andoran

You can take 20 on a search Kimefe, with the three assists from the security staff that gives you a 30. You don't find any more bombs. But both the goblins were equipped with C4. It may have been enough to blast through one of the bulkheads had you not intervened.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

"Aye, Aye Captain."

Horus will head to engineering to grab some gearheads and survey the damage.

Take 20 on Knowledge(engineering): 30 and/or Craft(Ships): 29. That's in addition to any bonuses from my team.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

Hey, Cap'n... Can I do anything? I'd love to help..." I say to Captain Ageera. I am losing it, this is so boring.... Maybe I'll go exploring again...


Male Human

"Yeah, I'd like you to check in with everyone who saw combat. A rookie crew like this was bound to be shaken up. Just make sure everyone's okay mentally. This isn't gonna get any easier." He replies to Syarha.


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Grunk is just about to leave when he turns back around to the captain "One more thing those Orc's were from the Blood Claws...any more info we could know...Oh and treat the bodies with respect, they may be scum but they still Orc's." He growls his last words.

Andoran

Horus Hightower wrote:

"Aye, Aye Captain."

Horus will head to engineering to grab some gearheads and survey the damage.

Take 20 on Knowledge(engineering): 30 and/or Craft(Ships): 29. That's in addition to any bonuses from my team.

The Excelsior is at 1,263/1,600 HP, or 337 down. With mundane repairs, working heavy shifts you could have him repaired in about a week. It could be sped up with applications of Make Whole if you have some way to cast that.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1
Jelani wrote:


The Excelsior is at 1,263/1,600 HP, or 337 down. With mundane repairs, working heavy shifts you could have him repaired in about a week. It could be sped up with applications of Make Whole if you have some way to cast that.

Unfortunately, I wont have make whole until next level.

Horus sees to the organization of the work shifts and sends the Captain his report.

Are the needle ships still jammed in the hull? If so can we cannibalize anything of interest off them?

Andoran

Yeah, they are still lodged in. That's what most of the repair work is going to be. You can scrounge up lots of raw materials, but no technology that's anywhere near the Excelsior's level.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Aye, aye captain will do. Leo nods. He steps a few feet away from the captain reaches for his communicator: "Excelsior pass me through to the senior chief warrant officer of each branch. This is the XO speaking, I want a head count, names of everyone missing, injured or dead." He then awaits the answers.


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Grunk travels back to the bridge and on the way messages Alullyra, "Haven't been hurt have you? Hows everyone else?"

When he reaches the bridge he goes straight over to the Ops console. He tries scanning the area for more vessels.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Then he hails Cygnuss once more. "Enemy ships are destroyed. Any persons on board respond immediately or we will be forced to board and that won't be pretty."

Intimidate if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Andoran

Leo, they all check in. A couple of the 'redshirts' were injured and Rucla (one of the security officers) died. Everyone else is accounted for.

Grunk you don't see any further vessels, and actually Cygnuss IV is the name of the planet you are going to. The Guild escort ship was destroyed when it exploded. I'll assume you said something more like, "This is the excelsior. Cygnuss base come in."

The communicator comes to life after a second, "Acknowledged Excelsior. We are expecting you any time now, but we're not seeing you on our scanners yet. Is something wrong?"


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter is going to head up to the bridge and wait orders to move on

Andoran

Captain Ageera wrote:

.....Tungsten, get this ship moving. The faster we get to Cygnuss IV, the better. Any questions?" He asks. "If not, get to work. Hourly reports by comm for everyone."


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter gets the ship moving to Cygnuss IV as fast as the ship can go

Pilot check if needed
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Leo turn towards the captain. "We only lost one, Rucla, as you already know, no one's missing and a couple of most inexperienced crew was wounded. I'm heading to the medbay to asses their status and get patched up, unless you have other orders?"


Male Human

Walter you should be able to make it there in under 2 hours.

"That's fine XO. Good work down there. That goes for all of you." the Captain replies.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Leo leaves the captain and heads to the teleporter. He steps in "Deck 4 and excelsior how is the ships status?"

When he arrives at deck 4, he heads into the sick bay. As he walks in he looks at people working. Unable to spot the CMO right away, he walks over to one of the specialists. "I need you to take a look at this when you have a moment." he says tugging up his dress shirt, showing several superficial wounds where the shrapnel graced him. dam good uniform, a shame what happened to it. While waiting on his turn he walsk over to one of the redshirts. He looks down at the young man serving his first tour of duty. There is a nasty wound in his thigh, properly from some sort of explosion, his uniform indicates he's one of the COO's. I remember my first fire fight, scared s~!~less. Better do as sgt. Halls used to do "Are they taking good care of you son? Tell me what happend."

Andoran

The young dwarven crewman looks up at Leo, a smile on his face. "I was down in the shuttle bay preparing for taking in the Guild ship, when all the sudden it just blew up. A big chunk of metal ripped right through my thigh. Well...yeah, I'm sure you know the rest sir. It's no big deal, CMO Baasira says that she can get it patched up tomorrow. Until then she's got me on some pretty good stuff." he finishes, his grin growing even wider. He executes an intoxicated salute and stifles a giggle, before beginning to stroke his beard happily.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

Sorry, I was unsure
During this time, I will start walking around and talking to members of the ship, making sure they aren't butt-crazy.

Andoran

Do you actually wanna role play it some, or skip it? If you do want to roleplay, who are you talking to first? All the three remaining security team saw combat, as did the bridge officers (aka you guys), and two of the redshirts who were working in the shuttle bay.


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Obviously Ha feel like an idiot :P sorry about that silly mistake

He replies to the planets message "Ship just got spiked but nothing we can't handle. Not that I can say the same for the escort. ETA should be...Hold on one minute." He turns to Walter "How long this gunna take Walter."


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

After talking with the young dwarf, Leo is tended to by one of the specialists. his wounds are cleaned and patched up. He then continues to the other redshirts wound during the fight a female human with a nasty fracture in her right arm also on of the COO's and a male elf with a blunt trauma to the abdomen from the helm's branch. Both are like the young dwarf smiling but marked by the incident.

As Leo finishes of with the last of the two, he sees Baasira. He closes the distance between the two fast and says in a lowered voice "We need to talk some where private now." leaving doubt that it's an order not a request. They walk into the CMO's adjourning office. Leo gestures towards a chair indicating for the officer to sit down and says rather harshly: "We need to talk about your performance during the combat on deck 6, it was unacceptable . You do not under any circumstances rush into an ongoing close combat or into the line of fire for that matter. You're putting yourself and my squad in danger by doing so. You should know the first rule of combat medicine is to establish fire superiority. Do you have anything to add?" He is a bit flustered after his statement.

He is upset because of the risk she took, let her see through it if you want, I'm fine either way.


Female Aasimar

"Uhmmmm." She says looking down, her cheeks growing red. "I apologize Sir. I was just trying to help. If I hadn't done what I did, I think Walter would have died."


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

"You're properly right, but it's simply to dangerous, we might have lost both of you. I am not saying we shouldn't save our wounded, I'm saying don't rush in unless allowed by the commanding officer. I am certain Walter is happy with what you did." he responds in a voice closer to normal. "You took heel of a risk saving Walter." Leo adds before leaving the CMO.


Female Aasimar

"Yes sir." she says with a salute as Leo is walking away. Her face is still blushing but it looks like she took what he said seriously.

Andoran

Grunk, it will take you about two hours. Even though I'm posting this to move us along, you can still do stuff during the trip. Just label the post with times/locations.

As you go about your various activities, the ship continues to zoom closer to Cygnuss IV and your destination, Cygnuss Base. You pass out of the asteroid belt and through the empty parts of this solar system. After a couple of hours Cygnuss IV can be seen through the view-ports of the Excelsior. The planet hangs huge and yellow in the white light of Cygnuss. It is an extremely arid planet with no moons. You see very little cloud cover as the Excelsior enters orbit, and no oceans.

Grunk, your console crackles to life. "Excelsior this is Cygnuss Base control. Whooee! They sure did get you good by the looks of it. Fact that you're still flyin' is pretty impressive. Anyway, your shuttles are cleared for landing at the Headman's personal docking bay. Just follow the beacon on in when you're ready."


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"Shall we proceed captain?"


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Location: Bridge
"Nothing we couldn't handle Cygnuss. Make sure we have a clear landing don't wanna get ambushed in a shuttle."

He turns away from the OP's console and grunts at the captain "Cygnuss has given us go ahead for landing. Should be able to dock at the Headman's personal bay." He stands and messages Alullyra "Make sure the crew is in hanger bay. Gotta prep those shuttles.

Just as he is about to leave he says to the captain "How many you want prepped for landing."

Location: Hanger

Grunk strides over to the teleporter "Hanger." He gets there and begins sorting the shuttles out, making sure all equipment is on board.


Male Human

"Crewmen will remain on board for now to continue repairs. I'll also be staying on board to keep things running here, and make sure the ship is safe. The rest of the bridge officers (rank ensign or higher) can take a shuttle down and see what's going on around here. There should be an Astro Guild representative down there, and the headman's bound to know something. We need to find out where the pirates are and who's behind their attacks."


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Grunk finishes his prep of the shuttles making sure their fuel is at maximum and shields are working fully. "Excelsior tell the Bridge officers that we ready now." He stands at the door of the shuttle checking his weapons and waiting for the rest of the crew.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Horus makes sure the repairs are underway and grabbing his gear, heads down to the shuttle bay.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter makes his way to the shuttle bay


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I will make my way over to the shuttle bay.


After spending some time with her team going over the battle and what they did well and could still work on, Kimefe joins the others on the shuttle. It's obvious that the loss of one of her team has hurt and disturbed her, although she tries to hide it.

Andoran

Leo makes his way down to the shuttle bay after finishing up his business in medlab, and you all board the shuttle. It reminds you of boarding the same shuttle back on Vega only a few hours ago, but it feels like much has changed since then. You have faced death together and are now caught up in something bigger than yourselves.

Rivyan, the beautiful blonde haired Suli CWO, is waiting in the pilot's chair. "You all ready to go? I'll be taking you down, engineers need me to pick up some supplies for repairs."

Feel free to respond, but I'm gonna keep going.

Once everyone is in the shuttle Rivyan and Walter run through the preflight checklist and get the shuttle moving. The shuttle bay doors open before you, and Rivyan guides the ship out following the yellow beacon line projected onto the viewscreen. The ride down takes about an hour and is relatively smooth at first. However the thin atmosphere eventually produces enough friction for the familiar reentry turbulence. Once the thrusters are applied to countermand it, the fiery viewscreens clear up and you can see Cygnuss Base below you gleaming in the desert sun. The comm crackles to life and you hear "Excelsior shuttle 1, this is Cygnuss Base, I just want to repeat that you are cleared for landing at the Headman's personal landing pad. Please proceed at your discretion." Rivyan punches the com to reply saying, "Ten four Cygnuss Base, eta is 2 minutes." She brings the shuttle down to a landing pad in the shadow of the great spire hanging over the base. There is a party of men waiting for you there, though their races are difficult to make out through the dust clouds kicked up by the landing. "Well, here we are." Rivyan says. "Good luck! Just let us know when you're ready to come back. If I haven't left yet you can take the shuttle, otherwise you'll need to use the Headman's teleporter. We'll drop the Excelsior's shields to let you through."


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Having changed from his ruined uniform to the more practical working uniform. His carbine is placed across his legs. "All right everyone stay sharp down there. We don't know if the locals are in league with the pirates or just thugs in general. While we're down there keep your eyes open for anything interesting and more importantly keep an eye on each other. No one walks of alone. Understood?"

Leo walks up to Walter and Rivyan. CWO I need you to be able to get us out fast if things get hot down there. Try to pick up the needed supplies as fast as possible and stay with the shuttle afterwards. Walter do you see anything we need to take in to account in regards to extraction?

He return the 2-3 paces to the other. "As a sign of good faith, I'm leaving my carbine on the shuttle, but feel free to bring your side arms along." Turning to Syarha he says. "I would like if you could get some sort of idea of how the society functions, traditions, who in charge beside the obvious. We also might need you to take the lead in some conversations."


"XO Gotrum, although leaving behind the larger weapons is good for negotiations it is not good for combat situations. With your go-ahead I would prefer to keep all of my tools with me."

Andoran

The shuttle door is now open, and the men waiting on the pad can be seen more clearly. There is a red bearded dwarf, wearing white robes of a light fabric, a tall blonde haired elven man wearing the black uniform of the Astro Guild and four guards in desert colored ballistic armor armed with rail rifles. They seem to be waiting for you to emerge.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I smile, finally given a worthy job. I haven't really been thinking this entire time. I need to be on my toes. And I need to be ready to get inside my opponents heads. Maybe not really opponents. Whatever. I could rule this place. No. That's wierd. I should talk to the astromage. No. I'll wait, Leo will introduce, it'll be fine. "Quiet, girl!" I hear. She's right. I need to focus. Dialogue is important. Yes. I grow an intent look ok my face as I begin to focus as well as I can.

I'm not sure how you want me to do this, but, Syarha is looking for every little thing she can about this society. Are the people at the door to talk to? If so, I'll go.

Dice:

a few checks, just in case they will help
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

EDIT: of course one of the most important is butchered...


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"I think we could get out quickly if needs be"


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

He points to the people waiting for them and replies to Leo. "They have weapons. Besides aren't we meant to be helping them." Wouldn't be much use if something did happen. He keeps his weapons on him.

Grunk waits for the others to leave the shuttle and will follow at the rear. Pretty sure they won't enjoy seeing an Orc on good terms, but now. Reckon I will be lucky if I don't have to smash a few skulls. He tries to remain inconspicuous at the back, but really he just sticks out like a sore thumb.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Before the shuttle doors open Leo answers Kimefe: "Great minds think alike, but never the less I'll try diplomacy, you can bring the stick." As the shuttle door open Leo adds: "All right everyone game faces on."

As he steps out he salutes the dwarf and the elf and says: "Good day I'm junior lieutenant Gotrum, XO of the Excelsior and these are my colleagues ensigns Kimefe, Screething, Tungsten, Hightower and Bigfix"

Andoran

"Greetings Mr. Gotrum. My name is Botarr Cinderbeard. The dwarf says with a bow. "I m seneschal to Headman Wrathvine." After he is finished speaking the elf steps forward and says "My name is Auriel, I am guild liaison to Cygnuss IV. We were expecting you, but when we lost contact with the patrol ship I feared for the worst. We heard that you have already seen combat with the pirates, is your crew okay?" The guards fan out to surround the group, facing outwards. It's clear they are there to protect you from outside threats, and not to watch over you.

351 to 400 of 1,017 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starship Fantasies Playtest All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.