Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Starship Fantasies Playtest (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

Science fiction Pathfinder homebrew campaign.


201 to 250 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Acrobatics:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

The ship rocks violently beneath Horus' feet, but manages to keep his balance.

"Excelsior, damage report."


"The patrol ship we were about to tow in exploded. I'm damaged, but all major systems intact." The ship replies to Horus.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Here is the map for this combat.

The Es are the Excelsior, the As are some of the bigger asteroids and the Ss are the enemy ships. Once I get the perception check from Grunk we can get the surprise round going


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grunk manages to remain standing "Guess they didn't wanna reply." he growls.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

As the ships shakes from the explosion, Leo is forced to take a step back from the terminal to keep his footing. "Explode? Boar's tusk what is happing here." His eyes is peeled to the screen as he steps up to the fire control, searching the port side for any explanation of what happened.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Grunk you miss spotting the four small ships that are attacking you on the sensors until they are almost upon you. The ships are small fighter sized craft, each one only a few meters long. They are shaped like long thin black spikes, with an oversized thruster on one end.

Knowledge (Engineering) DC 15:

These are spike ships. Small single or two-man craft which are used by some pirate or military groups for forced boarding of enemy vessels.

Zooming out from behind asteroids the four ships begin rushing towards the Excelsior at high speed.

Enemy Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Updated Map

Looks like the only person who acts after the enemies is Walter, so everyone else can post their round 1 actions. Go ahead an act everybody.


Male Human

Initiative:22
Location:Bridge

Captain Ageera grips the arms of his chair as the explosion rocks the Excelsior. "Damn!" His eyes take in the small ships sweeping out from behind the asteroids. "Spikeships..." he growls. "We can't allow them to reach us. Kimefe, Gotrum focus fire, clear the path ahead of us. Walter, get us moving!"

Aid Another (Attack) @ Kimefe 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Success, Kimefe add +2 to your attack this round.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Initiative: 23
Location Bridge

Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Turning his blaster cannon towards the ships blocking the Excelsior's path, Leo opens fire.

Firing with one blaster cannon at S1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 12d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 7, 4, 1, 6, 3, 1, 7, 1, 8, 6) = 48


Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

As the ship churns Kimefe falls to her feet but quickly rolls upright. Stepping back to the terminal she aims at the ship in front of them and fires at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 12d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 6, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 8, 4, 2) = 40

She then shouts into the security piece she had inserted into her ear on arrival. "Javidan, I want your team on standby to engage anyone boarding the ship. Use the emergency teleportation to get there quickly, and make sure you have some big guns with you." She turns to the rest of the crew on the bridge "Anyone who isn't manning one of the guns should be prepared to do the same. Those are boarding ships, so we can expect some guests--And it would be rude not to be there to welcome them when they arrive."


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Initiative: 3
Location: Bridge
"New it" Walter gets the ship to go at a 45 degree angle to the left to go behind the asteriod to the left of the ship on the front and carry on enough to get a shot at the ship infront
Pilot roll if needed
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Walter, it's a standard action to turn the ship and a move to move it. Both require DC 20 piloting checks. Right now you're moving forward at 100.

Here are three of the movement options, please read over the starship rules (Chapter 7) on the google page for others.

Starship Movement Options:

Hard to Port or Hard to Starboard (standard action): The pilot can turn the ship while it moves forward at its current speed. With a successful piloting check, the pilot can change the ship’s forward facing either left (port) or right (starboard) by 90 degrees at any point during the ship’s movement. Do this by pivoting the ship so that the rear square of the ship takes the place of the ship’s former forward facing square. If a ship’s current speed is twice its acceleration, the pilot takes a –5 penalty on the piloting check. If a ship’s current speed is three times its acceleration, the pilot takes a –10 penalty on the piloting check. If its current speed is four or more times its acceleration, the pilot takes a –20 penalty. On a failed check, the ship does not turn, but can be moved forward diagonally during its movement.

Full Ahead (standard action): With a successful piloting check, the ship’s current speed increases by its acceleration (usually 100 meters), but no higher than its maximum speed. The ship can move forward or forward diagonally. In other words, each time a ship enters a new 100-meter square, it can choose any of its forward- facing squares—the one directly in front or either of the squares directly forward and diagonal. This allows the ship to swerve. A pilot who fails her piloting check does not accelerate and can only move into a square directly in front of the ship’s forward facing.

Stay the Course (move action): With a successful piloting check, the pilot can move the ship forward on its current facing at its current speed, and it can move directly forward or forward diagonally. Failing the check keeps the speed constant, but the ship can only move directly forward, not forward diagonally.

Also, the enemies act before you Walter, as I stated above. It may change your action, so you should wait for Grunk and Horus to post their actions. After they do I will update the combat situation and take the enemies' turn.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Horus yells over the din of the alarm for the repair crews to get ready in case any of the main systems takes a hit and then targets the ship blocking their path with a hellfire torpedo.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 1, 5, 2, 5, 5, 5, 2) = 32


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

I guess I'll wait


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Grunk hails the attacking ships "Power down now and we won't rip you all apart!!!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

If they don't listen then he will be ready to head to any part of the ship that they attempt to board.

I didn't think there was any weapons left to man.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Kimefe and Leo's shots both envelop the Spikeship in front of the Excelsior in thick ropy beams of electrical energy as it rockets towards you. Horus' torpedo also strikes home, knocking a few large chunks off the oncoming ship. The small ship continues rocketing forward, aimed spike first at the Excelsior.

Ram Maneuver 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 vs 26 (Excelsior base of 18+8 Walters pilot skill) is a success.
See which deck it hits 1d8 ⇒ 1

The enemy vessel rams into the Excelsior's first deck aft of the bridge. The ship is again heavily rocked. DC 10 acrobatics check to avoid prone please

Ramming damage 8d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 5, 7, 4, 2, 7, 2) = 38


"The ramming ship destroyed itself in its attempt to pierce my hull." The Excelsior informs the crew.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

DM rolls:

S2
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
S3
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
S4
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Round: 1
Initiative: 6
Excelsior HP: 1,317/1,600

The other three spike ships continue to accelerate and turn towards the excelsior.

updated map

Okay, now you can act Walter. The excelsior's current speed is 100m. After you act, please make an extra piloting roll for establishing upper hand in round 2. Grunk, yes, there are no more weapons to man but you can always aid another to provide a +2 to someone else's rolls. You just make the same check they would against DC 10.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Acrobatics check
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Walter makes the ship go foward at 45 degrees port side towards the asteriods
pilot check
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
And the establishing upper hand in round 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Piloting Check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Okay, so we'll call that a Full Ahead action. Piloting DCs in combat are 20, so it failed meaning the Excelsior moves forward one square. The Spikeship pilots also gain the upper hand for Round 2.

Map Again

So this begins Round 2, please remember to label your posts with the round number and your initiative. Everyone except Walter can act again.


Round: 2
Initiative: 18+
Not going to bother with the acrobatics check, as I can't fail it.

Kimefe's gun swivels to face the second spikeship and she fires at it as well, completely focused on her task.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 12d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 6, 2, 8, 5, 7, 7, 8, 3, 6, 8) = 75


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Round: 2
Initiative: 18-

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Grunk doesn't fall but attempts to help Leo in firing.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

It is my ranged attack that I add to Aid Another isn't it?


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Horus targets the same needle ship that Kimefe hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 6, 5, 2, 6, 6) = 40


Grunk Bigfix wrote:
It is my ranged attack that I add to Aid Another isn't it?

Yes.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Round: 2

Initiative: 23

Feeling excited over the combat and a small joy of having taken down one of the attacking ship, Leo turns the blastercannon towards one of the ships trying to flank them.

Firing blastercannon at S 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
12d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 6, 1, 8, 7, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2) = 41


Male Human

Round 2
Initiative: 22

"Yes, that's it Walter. Just through that gap there!" the Captain shouts, pointing at the viewscreen.

Aid Another (Pilot) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Success, so you get +2 on next Piloting check Walter.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Round 2 Summary So far:

Leo's blaster cannon swivels around and fires another lightning blast at an oncoming spikeship, but the small ship rolls gracefully to the side as the beam passes. The captain begins shouting encouragement to Walter as Kimefe lines up her shot on the ship that Leo just missed. Her beam strikes home, fully enveloping the smaller ship, and burning its armor plating heavily.

Seeing that Leo's shot went wide, Grunk begins a quick recalibration of the targeting systems for Leo's gun (+2 on your 3rd round shot Leo). Down in engineering, Horus is watching the battle unfold on his torpedo targeting screen, and he lets off a hellfire shell at the same ship Kimefe targeted. Again, the ship's pilot spins his small craft at the last second and the torpedo passes it harmlessly by.

DM rolls:

S2:
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
S3:
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
S4:
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

The spikeships are all closing with the Excelsior at high speed. The ship which was being fired upon (S2) attempts a ramming run, but Walter manages to twist the Excelsior slightly at the last instant and the smaller vessel misses, continuing past to the other side of the Excelsior.

The remaining two spikeships also come in for ramming runs, and both strike home.

S3 Damage 8d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 3, 7, 8, 8, 7, 2) = 47
Deck Selection 1d8 ⇒ 6
S4 Damage 8d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 8, 4, 8, 7, 8) = 47
Deck Selection 1d8 ⇒ 1


"We have hull breaches on decks 1 and 6. I am detecting multiple hostiles entering our ship." The Excelsior reports.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

So Walter, you can act now. Speed is still 100m. Don't forget the +2 to next piloting check, or the roll for Upper Hand in round 3. After you act, round 3 will begin.

Map

Excelsior HP: 1,263/1,600


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Round: 3

Initiative: 23

Frustrated with his failing aim Leo turn the recalibrated blastercannon towards the ship that Walter skilfully avoided. Hitting the ship he fell some of the joy returning.

Calling up the communications software, he hails CWO Seddyn: "Chief Warrent Officer Seddyn this is the XO, send someone with the CSO's and my personal weapons to the bridge now."

Firing blastercannon at S 2

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
12d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 4, 5, 7, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 3, 2) = 48


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Round: 3
Initiative: 18-

Grunk wobbles slightly as the ships collide, "I'll get the b***t**ds, on deck 6."

He leaves the bridge and gets in the teleporter "Deck 2" He goes into his room and collects his weapons donning his power fist.

Not sure how much he can move on ship. So if he can he will then move to deck 6.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"Aye captain" Walter makes the ship go starboard at 45 degrees given where all the enemy ships are at now
Pilot check
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11
Upper-hand for round 3
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Walter, you attempt to guide the ship 45 degrees starboard, but an arcanicite link in your control panel overloads with a sparking flash and the ship continues to fly forward.

Natural 1, ouch. So the Excelsior moves forward at its current speed of 100m.

Upper Hand Round 3 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Giving it to the Spikeship again.

Round 3 Map

---------
Round 3

Leo fires his blaster cannon and hits the already charred spikeship dead on. It's elemental thruster overloads, and the mini-portal to the plane of elemental fire inside it is blown wide open. The small ship billows out into hundreds of tiny pieces in the brief volcanic eruption into the material plane.

S2 is destroyed. Leo firing your weapon was only a standard action if you'd like to start moving off the bridge you can make it to the teleporter with your move action.

Leo, your console intercom flares briefly to life "Yes sir, right away sir. I had anticipated this need and will be at the teleporter shortly." You hear Seddyn's voice reply.


Male Human

Round 3
Initiative 22

"Kimefe, I'll take the four security officers and walter to deal with the threat here on deck 1. You, Gotrum, Bigfix and Hightower handle deck 6." The Captain orders, leaping to his feet and going to stand by the door to the teleporters/rest of deck 1. He snaps his fingers and a custom looking blaster pistol appears in his hand. Glancing back at the slower reacting crew he says, "What are you waiting for? Now go!"

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Grunk (and others), it's a move to get to teleporter. Swift to activate it, then you can emergency teleport to wherever your gear is. Then another move to get geared up.

Next round a move to get to the teleporters again and your swift to go to Deck 6. Same goes for others on the bridge. Seddyn will be waiting at the bridge teleporter with Leo's gear, so that saves him a round of movement if he wants to go ahead alone.

Horus, you can get to a teleporter with a full move from main engineering. If you need to get your gear, you can emergency teleport to wherever you left it with your swift. That's one round. Then you need a move to gear up, and a move to get back to the teleporters from your office or quarters. So that's two rounds of actions if you don't have your gear with you. I'll let you burn a hero point if you want to jury rig some way of teleporting your gear to yourself and shave a round of that time.

New Initiative
Leo: 23
Enemy 1: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Kimefe: 18+
Grunk: 18-
Horus: 17
Enemy 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Walter: 3


Male Human

After a couple seconds of chaotic action on the bridge the four security officers appear on the bridge armed with railgun carbines and gravity maces. The captain gestures to them to follow him, and leads them through the teleporter room towards the offices and conference room in the rear of deck one, he slaps the door lock behind him saying, "Seal access to the bridge from deck 1 Exclesior, officers only until I command." With that the the door slides shut and they are gone from view...


"Yes sir." The Excelsior replies. After the door is shut you all hear, "Officers, I am reading three life signs in the cargo bay on Deck 6. Please hurry to stop them, the gate drive is on deck 6. It is a unique creation and must be protected!" The ship's robotic voice betrays a hint of panic. Like someone whose body is about to be cut open.


Round: 3
Initiative: 18+

Kimefe stomps her foot in frustration as the others all leave to get their weapons. Unprepared fools, weren't they ever taught to keep themselves armed? After another moments' waiting, she turns to the view screens while stepping back towards the teleporter.
"Excelsior, can you give me a visual of the deck six? I want to see what our opponents look like."

Can I assume that with a high-tech ship like this there are enough cameras for me to get a grid view of the area and then be able to teleport people to specific squares when they get their stuff; as well as being able to see what kind of weapons the enemies are carrying?

And I should have asked this during the tour, but how wide are the corridors on the ship, and how long are hallway stretches before they turn and you lose line of sight?


"The area where the intruders entered is badly damaged Ms. Kimefe, however I will try." A grainy shifting image appears on your viewscreen.

Give me a perception check Kimefe


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Round: 3 continued
Initiative: 23

It's nice working with people, who know what they're doing. Leo thinks as he hurries towards the teleporter waiting for his weapon to arrive.

Taking the move action as you suggested.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Corridors vary in width from 10 to twenty feet. Most of the corridors are fairly short, the exceptions being on the cabin decks where there are long corridors with lots of recessed doors.

The teleporters can teleport you to any place onboard using an emergency teleport, however there are two conditions.

1)You need to be on the teleporter.
2)You must have an accurate mental image, or extremely accurate description of your destination. (ie. Your quarters is no problem, the 5' square in the corner of the cafeteria that you never look at, not so much.)

So, you could remember one square from the viewscreen image and then run to the teleporter and go there. But the enemies may have moved by then, and everyone else would have to have an accurate mental image as well. The teleporters are essentially casting teleport (greater) with the range limited to within the Excelsior's hull.

----

Leo, as you hustle over to the teleporter Seddyn materializes carrying your gear heaped in his outstretched arms.

Consider yourself in possession of your gear. It'll be a move next round to 'equip' it all.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1
Jelani wrote:
Horus, you can get to a teleporter with a full move from main engineering. If you need to get your gear, you can emergency teleport to wherever you left it with your swift. That's one round. Then you need a move to gear up, and a move to get back to the teleporters from your office or quarters. So that's two rounds of actions if you don't have your gear with you. I'll let you burn a hero point if you want to jury rig some way of teleporting your gear to yourself and shave a round of that time.

I can't imagine that Horus would have his side arm on him for a routine jump, so he'll have to get it. I'll blow the hero point to save time.

Round: 3
Initiative: 17

"Lydd, once I'm gone seal engineering and start co-ordinating the repair efforts with Excelsior"

Cursing all the while, Horus hurries to the teleporter. Tweaking the the targeting protocol to home in on his gun's energy signature, he manages to teleport his duffle to him. Grabbing his gear, he communicates with Kimefe,
"Kimefe, this is Horus. Do you have a deck six muster point in mind yet?"


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

So is Walter locked in the bridge or outside with the captain?


Round: 3 (Part II)
Init: 18+

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Or not...

Replying to Horus: "I was hoping to flank them, but I can't see enough on this screen to be sure of where they're at and how fast they're moving--We'll be going in almost completely blind.
"Leo, I want you to come with me now to block the gate drive. Grunk and Horus, come up behind them and join us as soon as you can."

Kimefe then takes one last look at the screen as she steps the last few feet into the teleporter and grabs Leo's arm. "Hold still a second.
"Excelsior, take us to just outside the gate room. That spot at the end of the corridor that they haven't turned into yet and where we can duck behind the wall for cover."

Not sure if such a place actually exists or if I can take Gotrum with me; but something similar to that is what I'm looking for.

Walter, Ageera told you to go with him, so I suspect that that's where you're at.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23
Walter Tungsten wrote:
So is Walter locked in the bridge or outside with the captain?

Doh! I meant to send you with the others. My mistake, I was typing too quickly. The Captain left the bridge and sealed it from the rest of Deck 1 (however as officers any of you can override that). So you, Leo and Kimefe are all still on the bridge and can leave through the teleporter with them.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Kimefe from what you could see on the screen the enemies are three bulky medium-sized humanoids and they are moving around in the cargo bay.

The cargo bay is very large and takes up most of Deck 6. The remainder of the deck is a short hallway leading to the shield generators (a round room) and then another corridor on the other side leading to the gate drive. The bulkheads have all been locked down, so if the enemies are going to leave the cargo bay they will need to blast/cut through the doors which you know would take at least a couple rounds unless they have a lot of heavy explosives

Let me put a crude map up and then you can pick your destination. I want to figure out a way to get a real map going but that might take me a few hours.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Extremely Crappy Deck 6 Map

The gate drive is the top most room, the round room in the middle is the shield generator room and the big room across the wings at the bottom is the cargo bay where the enemies are. Sorry for the poor map, if anyone knows a way to get better maps up feel free to let me know.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

I use maptools for my mapping (rptools.net). It's free and Java based so it works with any system. It's pretty flexible, easy to use and there are some good tutorials for it. You'll still have to take a screen shot and post it in google docs, but it will allow you to make some pretty pictures.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

I have that, and was messing with it all morning only getting more and more frustrated. A) it's extremely hard to use with the Macbook trackpad and I don't have a mouse. B) The drawing tools are sh*t. I could draw a perfect map in 3 minutes on normal graph paper. But I spent like two hours this morning trying to draw an outline of a ship with MapTool and only ended up wanting to stab someone. Maybe if I had a wacom tablet and a 30' monitor I could get somewhere with MapTool, but not with what I have now.

I guess my current plan is to print out some graph paper, draw the map on there. Then take a picture of it with my cell phone and upload it to google docs. We can just use colored cirlces as minis. Don't know how long this operation is gonna take me, but I'll try to get it done tonight. Sorry for the delay folks.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"Seems like this ship isn't as nimble as I though" Walter sighs as he runs to the teleporter "Deck 6"

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Alright *here* is the map I came up with. Not perfect, but it'll due. The names at the bottom are just a key, not your characters.

Whenever you teleport down, just tell me which square you want to be in, or you can be on the teleporters in the center. Walter, you left all your gear in your quarters earlier. You're not going to go get it?

Just to refocus things after the last couple post's confusion. I'll summarize round 3 in intiative order.

23: Leo shoots down a spikeship from the bridge and goes over to the teleporter where Seddyn is waiting for him with his gear.

20:Two humanoid enemies do something unknown on deck 6

18+:Kimefe tries to get a visual on the enemies, then moves over to the teleporter with Leo. [ooc]She still has a swift remaining and can teleport herself to deck 6 if desired, but not Leo.

18-:Grunk moves to the teleporter and emergency teleports to his quarters, grabbing his gear.

17: Horus sprints to the teleporters and uses his super engineering know-how to teleport his gear to him there. He then asks Kimefe if she has a rallying point in mind yet. No actions left to teleport this round. Feel free to respond to Horus out of intiative Kimefe. Talking a bit is a free action.

4:Another unknown enemy does something nefarious on Deck 6

3:Walter teleports somewhere I'll let you retcon to grab your gear. If so it would be a swift to teleport to your room and then your other move action to grab your stuff. You'd be just down the hall from Grunk who's in the same position.

That ends round 3. Round 4 begins now. Since an enemy goes after Leo, only he can post right now. After he does, I will give the okay for everyone except Walter to act. Kimefe in your next post just put your reply to Horus and whether you still went ahead to deck 6 alone or if you wait.

201 to 250 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starship Fantasies Playtest All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.