Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Starship Fantasies Playtest (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

Science fiction Pathfinder homebrew campaign.


751 to 800 of 1,017 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Kimefe, those are Drones. Meaning there should be a control module somewhere on the enemy ship. Take that out and they'll lose control of the drones.

Grimwold, it'll be a DC 15 perception check (standard action) with the sensors to locate it.


Initiative 15-

Grimwold links in with Kimefe's targeting systems, adding his own insight.

Kimefe, +2 on next attack roll

Initiative 10

Ageera speaks into his communicator, "Hightower, you're on drone duty. Starforge, make sure that Hightower doesn't miss. Kimefe and Gotrum focus on the big boy. Try to find a weak point!"

Aid another on Kimefe 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Kimefe, another +2 on next attack roll

End of Round 1
---------------------
Begin Round 2

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Mordanna need the upper hand check, then You, Kimefe, Horus and Leo can act. Excelsior's current speed is 300m/round.

Map

Mordanna can you post which actual action you are taking when you pilot? There are a lot of options listed in the rules. IE Full Ahead etc etc. Base DC for combat piloting is 20.


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Knowledge: Engineering untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Pilot: Upper Hand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Mordanna begins moving the Excelsior up and around the asteroid.

Begins a turn up into "B" column and heads horizontally along that column until her next action.

Pilot: Stay the Course: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

As the drones appears as small blips on his targeting screens Leo wonders what they might be, recognising them as drones when the captain states it. Finally within arc of fire Leo turns his weapon towards the enemyship and fire fires. "Aye,aye sir.

Knowledge Engineering, untrained, bardic knowledge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Firing Starboard weapons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage from starboard weapons: 12d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 5, 4, 4, 7, 7, 2, 3, 2, 8) = 56


Round 2

Kimefe shoots again at the thrusters, hoping to incapacitate the carrier.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 12d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 2, 5, 8, 3, 7, 7, 5, 1, 2) = 52


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Grimwold focuses on tracking the drones and sends the targeting information to Horus as ordered.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

This is Grimwolds aid another for round two. To be added to Horus's attack roll for round three. EDIT: Except there's nothing to add! Lol


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Horus is still waiting for the distance to close.


Round 2

Upper hand check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Ouch, bad luck. They have the upper hand again.

Initiative 27

The pointy end is your facing. So, that would be a hard to port action. You made the DC, so the ship moves 300M and turns 90 degrees to port.

Initiative 25

Kimefe lines up a shot and then finds it blocked by an asteroid.

I'll take it as a readied shot against anything that comes into line of fire before your next turn.

Initiative 20

Horus stands ready, waiting for something to close.

Initiative 16

Leo's blaster shot engulfs one of the small drones, completely annihilating it into a cloud of charred debris.

Initiative 15+

Five more drones issue from the carrier, as it tries to maneuver its bulky form around the asteroid.

Piloting check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

It drifts forward, failing to execute a real turn.

The drones are so small compared to it that they are in the same square. Both can be targeted, no cover or anything applies.

The remaining four drones from the first way streak towards the Excelsior, three of them firing off lasers in its direction.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Initiative 15-

Grimwold linked Horus into the sensor data he was pulling from the drones, just as Leo destroyed the target of his scans.

Initiative 10

The captain says, "Kimefe and Gotrum continue to focus on the drones. Mordanna, get us close enough for Horus to bring those hellfires to bear."

Aid another on Leo 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

End of Round 2
---------------------
Begin Rond 3

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Map


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

"Aye, aye sir, will do." Leo smiles and targets another drone.

Firing starboard weapon at drone: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
Dmg: 12d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 3, 3, 4, 7, 5, 6, 3, 6, 8, 1) = 57


Kimefe fires another blast at the lead drone.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage:12d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3, 2, 2) = 46


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Readied attack (3range increments): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5 miss...


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Mordanna guides the Excelsior inbetween the two asteroids to get closer to the carrier.

Pilot: Full Ahead: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

I am going for about a 45° turn diagonally down and to the right.


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Don't forget to roll for the upper hand Mordanna.


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Oops.

Round 3

Pilot: Upper Hand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Round 3

Upper Hand Roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Initiative 27

Mordanna skillfully guides the ship between the two large asteroids, and towards the oncoming drones accelerating as she goes.

Current speed of Excelsior 800 m/rnd

Initiative 25

Unless I'm missing something you should have a +6 Kimefe. 2 BAB and 4 dex.

Kimefe fires her blaster at close range, disintegrating the lead drone.

Initiative 20

Horus fires a torpedo at one of the drones, but it misses streaking off into space to detonate against one of the asteroids.

Initiative 16

Leo fires his blaster a split second after Kimefe, but misses the tiny drone.

Initiative 15+

The carrier spews forth another five drones while trying to turn its clumsy bulk towards the Excelsior.

Pilot check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

It only manages to muddle forward. The drones however send a cloud of laser beams heading towards the ship.

Attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
Attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 1
Attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 4
Attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 7
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 7
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 4

Excelsior takes 4 damage :P HP:1596/1600

Kimefe, are you going to inform Grimwold about the drone controller on the carrier so he can scan for it? You're the only one who made the knowledge Engineering check DC.

Grimwold, you're up.


Woops, I was taking the stats of my other pbp character; and I completely forgot about the control console.

Seeing more of the drones spit out, Kimefe suddenly remembers the last of the information that had been nagging at the back of her mind.
"Starforge, there should be a console on the carrier that's controlling all of these drones. See if you can find it so we can shut them down."


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

" Yes Ma'am! " Grimwold focuses the sensors in on the carrier scanning for the drone console.

Peception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Round 2
Initiative 15-

Grimwold quickly manages to find and analyze the drone control by tracing its signal back to the carrier.

Carrier Relay (AC 18, HP 60, Hardness 20)

Initiative 10

"Good call Kimefe! Everyone focus fire on that relay. If we don't take it out we're about to get swarmed!"

Aid another to Horus 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

End of Round 2
---------------------
Begin Round 3

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Map

Upper Hand check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Pilot: Upper Hand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

The Excelsior gets 2 free squares ahead for making that high above the opposing upper hand check.

Mordanna continues on a straight course towards the enemy carrier.

Pilot: Stay the Course: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Drat!


Kimefe aims at the newly found relay and fires at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 12d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 6, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 5, 7, 2) = 46


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Horus targets the nearest drone and fires:

Torpedoes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 miss?

Damage?: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 5, 2, 6, 2, 5, 4, 3) = 36


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grimwold sends extra data to Kimefe for her next shot at the Drone control relay detailing any weak points he finds.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

As the targeting information from Kimefes discovery appears on his screen Leo changes target to the Carrier Relay but misses.

Starboard weapons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Round 3
Initiative 27

Okay, I'm gonna assume that you don't want to crash into an asteroid, so I'm gonna use your two squares of free movement to reposition you. Might wanna slow down a bit ;)

Mordanna, perhaps unused to the speed of the Excelsior continues to send the ship rocketing forward, straight into the crowd of drones. It looks like there will be a calamitous crash with the large asteroid, but at the last second she rolls the ship at a 90 degree angle and avoiding the giant space rock by mere meters.

Current speed remains 800m/rnd.

Initiative 25

Kimefe nails the carrier relay with her blaster, despite the creative flying.

Carrier Relay (AC 18, HP 34/60, Hardness 20)

Initiative 20

Horus fires a torpedo, but the angle of reverse it has to pull to find its target is too great and it goes spinning off to explode in empty space.

Initiative 16

Leo squeezes off a shot, but it flies wide.

Initiative 15+

Pilot check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The carrier's pilot is apparently dead or incompetent as the large ship continues to trundle forward despite its reverse thrusters firing. Five more drones issue from the bays, and the the laser cannons on the carrier itself fire a broadside. The drones not suffering the same lack of agility as their mother ship, all cut engines rotate to face the excelsior and fire as one. The two capital ships now appear to be on a direct collision course.

Carrier broadside 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
330 damage (55X6)
Drones broadside 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
110 damage (5.5x20)

After hardness Excelsior takes 410 damage. Current HP 1,186/1,600

Alarms blare throughout the ship as more than two dozen lazers lance into it hull. The distance between the two ships is closing uncomfortably fast.

Initiative 15-

Grimwold works quickly, sweat dripping down his face as sparks fly on the bridge sending helpful sensor data to Kimefe about the relay.

Initiative 10

Not bothering with the communicator Ageera shouts across the bridge at Mordanna, hands holding the Captain's chair with a white knuckled grip, "Na'Tal what in the name of all the dead gods' boll*cks are you doing!? This ship cost more than your entire homeworld, DO NOT RAM THEM!!!" Spittle flys from his lips and his eyes are wide in fear? anger? Hard to tell.

End of Round 3
---------------------
Begin Round 4

Upper hand check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Map


Flinching slightly as the alarms go off, Kimefe shoots her gun again, hoping to score another lucky hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 12d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 8, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 4) = 50


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

"Not my intention sir. If the enemy thinks we will is another story."

Pilot: Full Reverse: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Mordanna is attempting to maneuver the Excelsior between the asteroid and the enemy carrier.

Pilot: Upper Hand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Once the Excelsior is able to without hitting the asteroid, Mordanna will angle the ship straight down between the asteroid and the carrier.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

"I lost arc of fire." Leo shouts as he starts to feed additional targeting information to Kimefe's fire control.

Aiding Kimefe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Round 4 Init 20:

Horus will target the carrier relay:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 That's going to be a miss


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Round 4 Init 15-

With Horus's torpedoes in range of the carrier Grimwold sends him the data on the drone controls weak spots.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

+2 vs drone controls to Horus's round five attack


Round 4
Initiative 27

Okay, we'll say you Cut Engines then. Use your upper hand to angle the ship and then move down between them.

Mordanna cuts the engines and executes a graceful turn through the small and closing gap between the carrier and the asteroid.

Current speed 400m/rnd

Initiative 25

Kimefe hits the carrier relay again with her blaster, doing more damage to it. A brief surge of elation fills her as she thinks she destroyed it, but then it fades as she realizes it's still operational.

Carrier Relay (AC 18, HP 4/60, Hardness 20)

Initiative 20

Horus fires another wide arching torpedo.

Initiative 16

Leo, as long as there is LOS from the excelsior you can shoot. It's not like you can only hit things on one side. Because the ship is shaped like a sword blade, and the the turrets are circular like eyeballs they can rotate to shoot at almost any angle.

Leo fires at the relay as well, hoping to finish it off.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

But he misses.

Initiative 15+

Pilot check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The incompetence of the carrier's pilot continues and it barely avoids crushing itself between both an asteroid and the Excelsior. Again a hail of red lasers lights up space, buzzing in an angry cloud towards the heroes' ship.

Carrier Broadside 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Drones Broadside 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Excelsior takes another 410 damage. Current HP 776/1,600

The Excelsior is rocked by another set of explosions, panels sparking and popping as they are overloaded with energy.

Initiative 15-

Grimwold aids Horus.

Initiative 10

Ageera whoops in delight at Mordanna's skilled piloting, then unleashes a long string of curses as the ship is rocked by another set of explosions. "Everyone not on a weapon aid Hightower, we've got to take out that drone relay and get some distance on the carrier or we're not gonna make it!"

Aid another on Horus 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

End of Round 4
---------------------
Begin Round 4

Upper Hand check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Map

Horus you're at +4 to hit this round.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Pilot: Upper Hand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Mordanna turns the Excelsior so as to move along the W column.

Pilot: Hard to Port: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"Hold on to your butts." she says grinning all the while.


Kimefe fires again, swearing as her shot goes wide.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Round 5 Init 20:

Horus will target the carrier relay again:

Pew Pew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Kaboom: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4, 4, 6) = 42


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

As Horus hits the carrier relay, Leo turns his attention to the drones and fire.

Attacking drone: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Dmg.: 12d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 2, 4, 6, 2, 7, 6, 4, 3, 3) = 50


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Grimwold scans the weapons emplacements of the carrier and sends the info to Kimefe.
" Great shot Horus! " Grimwold says over the comms.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Not sure if we can specifically aim for their weapons if not just take it as a +2 on the carrier.


Round 4
Initiative 27

Mordanna turns the ship hard to port, looping around the large asteroid they had seconds before only narrowly avoided.

Current speed is 400m/rnd

Initiative 25

Kimefe's blaster fires twining bolts of lighting off into space, missing.

Initiative 20

Horus finally manages to connect with a torpedo, sending the Drone Relay exploding off the carrier in a huge gout of flame.

Carrier Relay (AC 18, HP -alot/60, Hardness 20)

Initiative 16

Leo destroys another of the drones with his blaster cannon.

Initiative 15+

Pilot check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

As the relay disintegrates, the drones spin off wildly many of them slamming into the asteroids and exploding in a chain reaction of disasters. In its first display of competent piloting to date, the carrier rights itself and accelerates, pursuing the Excelsior. It's banks of laser cannons fire simultaneously.

Carrier Broadside 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20
Damage is 330 minus hardness of 15 is 315.
Excelsior HP:461/1600

As the lasers slam into the hull more sparks go flying and bridge rocks heavily, the Captain nearly falls out of his chair and can be heard cursing loudly.

Excelsior now has the Broken Condition: Ships—and sometimes their means of propulsion—are objects, and like any other object, when they take damage in excess of half their hit points, they gain the broken condition. When a ship gains the broken condition, it takes a –2 penalty to AC, on piloting checks, saving throws, and on combat maneuver checks. If a ship or its means of propulsion becomes broken, the ship’s maximum speed is halved and the ship can no longer gain the upper hand until repaired. If the ship is in motion and traveling faster than its new maximum speed, it automatically decelerates to its new maximum speed.

Fort Save against catching Fire 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Should have been doing this all along but I forgot my own rules. >_<*

The Excelsior's AI voice comes over the comm "We've got fires on multiple decks. I could use some assistance putting them out"

Fire Rules:
Fire is an ever-present danger on every ship. Note that many instantaneous fire spells do not automatically catch a ship on fire, but those that deal fire damage over multiple rounds have a better chance of causing a fire on board a ship.
When a ship takes fire damage (such as from a laser, certain spells, and other effects at the GM’s discretion), it must immediately make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + number of hits taken that round) or catch fire. Unless an attack specifically targets a ship’s means of propulsion (such as thrusters), it is assumed that such attacks affect the structure of a ship itself.
Once a ship has caught fire, it automatically takes 2d6 points of fire damage per round (ignoring hardness) as the fire spreads. The ship’s crew can attempt to extinguish the flames as a full-round action for one crew member per size category above medium (min. 1), allowing the ship to make a Reflex save (DC 15 + the number of rounds the ship has been on fire). A successful saving throw means the fire has been put out. A failed saving throw results in the ship taking the normal 2d6 points of fire damage for the round.
A ship must take the “uncontrolled” action each round that its pilot attempts to put out a fire, as they are not piloting the ship at this time.

Initiative 15-

Grimwold sends data on their weapon systems to Kimefe.

Point Defense Lasers x6; AC 17 HP 60 Hardness 20

You can target, weapons, propulsion, structure or control device. Each one has stats, but you don't have to specify what you're giving her the +2 bonus to.

Intiative 10

Ageera rights himself and speaks into the Comm "Horus, great shot! Now you're on fire duty. Mordanna keep giving us distance, our weapons have much better range. Leo, Kimefe focus fire on their thrusters. Grimwold get your ass down to deck two and take over on the torpedoes! We can do this people!"

Ageera spends his action assisting the Fire Extinguishers. Combined with Horus (assuming he does as ordered, that will give the ship a Reflex save on Horus' turn.

End of Round 4
---------------------
Begin Round 5

Upper Hand 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Map


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Round 5, Init -15
Grimwold pushes way from the ops station. " Y'sir " He rushes to the teleport, " Deck 2! "


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Pilot: Upper Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Mordanna fires the engines in an attempt to get some distance.

Pilot: Full Ahead: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Computer, display enemy carrier's current velocity."

Jelani, I said hard to port, not hard to starboard. Unless you feel this is a better course to head on.


Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Kimefe shoots again, but the barrage of laser fire sends her off balance and she jerks the aiming system too far up to do any good.


"Jelani, I said hard to port, not hard to starboard. Unless you feel this is a better course to head on" Whoops! I'm not a sailor ~_~ I'll fix it.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

"Aye, Aye Captain"

Does the ship use my Ref bonus, or does it have its own?


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

"Aye,aye, sir." Leo responds and fire at what what he believes is the enemy ship's thrusters.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirming: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dmg: 12d8 ⇒ (3, 7, 7, 5, 2, 7, 6, 1, 2, 6, 8, 2) = 56


Round 5
Initiative 27

Mordanna accelerates, putting quite a bit of distance between the carrier and the Excelsior.

Carrier velocity 200m/rnd
Excelsior velocity 800m/rnd

Initiative 25

Kimefe fires a shot but misses.

Initiative 20

Horus works with the captain and the AI to vent flaming compartments and direct the extinguishers.

Reflex Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Together they manage to extinguish the fires.

Initiative 16

Leo targets one of the ship's four larger thrusters, scoring a direct hit.

If you want their stats, someone will have to scan them with the sensors.

Initiative 15+

Piloting check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Unable to turn their ship in time the pirates ram directly into one of the giant asteroids.

Ramming damage 20d10 ⇒ (9, 3, 3, 4, 7, 3, 8, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3, 10, 7, 6, 4, 3, 9, 6, 9) = 113

There is a tremendous explosion as some of their forward compartments are forcibly decompressed, and large chunks of the space rock go flying off into the void. The six laser emplacements continue to fire, but the Excelsior zips behind one of the smaller asteroids just in time to avoid the barrage.

Initiative 15-

Grimwold hustles his way to the Torpedo tube controls.

Can attack with them next round.

Initiative 10

"We can't win this fight with the amount of damage we've taken, but we can outrun them. Ensign N'Tal get us out of here. We've bloodied them pretty badly. If they don't slink off to find easier prey we'll have to try again next time." Ageera commands the pilot.

End of Round 5
---------------------
Begin Round 6

Mordanna 27
Kimefe 25
Horus 20
Leo 16
Pirates 15+
Grimwold 15-
Ageera 10

Map

Don't forget the Excelsior is broken now, so -2 to everything except attacks.


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

"Aye. Back to the planet?"


Male Human

"That'll work Ensign."


As the Excelsior pulls away, Kimefe takes one last parting shot at the enemy carrier.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 12d8 ⇒ (3, 1, 6, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 1, 3, 8, 7) = 67


We're still on combat rounds until the Excelsior makes it off the map.


In that case, I shoot it again; Or ready an action to shoot it as I'm not sure I can see it right now.


Status:
HP: 27/[27] | AC: 16 | T: 16 | FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F +5 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 | Pistol Ammo 5/10 | Carbine Ammo 0/25

Grimwold targets the carriers thrusters with the torpedoes

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 - any range modifiers
Damage 10d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 1, 4, 4, 5, 5, 2, 4) = 36

If there isn't any line of sight to the carrier take this as a readied action to shoot when there is.


Status:
HP 15 | AC 18 | T 16 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +0 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +10 | Per +9

Mordanna attempts to guide the Excelsior up and around starboard turn please the asteroids to return to the planet.

Pilot: Stay the Course: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

751 to 800 of 1,017 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starship Fantasies Playtest All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.