Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Starship Fantasies Playtest (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

Science fiction Pathfinder homebrew campaign.


1 to 50 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Your graduation ceremony was only a day behind you when you got the message on your Autoscroll revealing which assignment your scores on the final exam had warranted you…

Grunk Bigfix:

From: FEF Command
To: Grunk Bigfix
GS 1000.06.11

Congratulations on your graduation. Due to your excellent performance you have been awarded the rank of Ensign and a commission on the FEF Excelsior. You will be serving as Chief Operations Officer.

Your assignment begins immediately. Be in briefing room 8 in Dakken Tower at 07:00 tomorrow for your mission briefing.

-FEF Command

Horus Hightower:

From: FEF Command
To: Horus Hightower
GS 1000.06.11

Congratulations on your graduation. Due to your excellent performance you have been awarded the rank of Ensign and a commission on the FEF Excelsior. You will be serving as Chief Engineer.

Your assignment begins immediately. Be in briefing room 8 in Dakken Tower at 07:00 tomorrow for your mission briefing.

-FEF Command

Kimefe:

From: FEF Command
To: Kimefe
GS 1000.06.11

Congratulations on your graduation. Due to your excellent performance you have been awarded the rank of Ensign and a commission on the FEF Excelsior. You will be serving as Chief of Security.

Your assignment begins immediately. Be in briefing room 8 in Dakken Tower at 07:00 tomorrow for your mission briefing.

-FEF Command

Leo Gotrum:

From: FEF Command
To: Leo Gotrum
GS 1000.06.11

Congratulations on your graduation. Due to your excellent performance you have been awarded the rank of Junior Lieutenant and a commission on the FEF Excelsior. You will be serving as First Officer.

Your assignment begins immediately. Be in briefing room 8 in Dakken Tower at 07:00 tomorrow for your mission briefing.

-FEF Command

Syarha Screething:

From: FEF Command
To: Syarha Screething
GS 1000.06.11

Congratulations on your graduation. Due to your excellent performance you have been awarded the rank of Ensign and a commission on the FEF Excelsior. You will be serving as ship’s Counselor.

Your assignment begins immediately. Be in briefing room 8 in Dakken Tower at 07:00 tomorrow for your mission briefing.

-FEF Command

Walter Tungsten:

From: FEF Command
To: Walter Tungsten
GS 1000.06.11

Congratulations on your graduation. Due to your excellent performance you have been awarded the rank of Ensign and a commission on the FEF Excelsior. You will be serving as Helmsman.

Your assignment begins immediately. Be in briefing room 8 in Dakken Tower at 07:00 tomorrow for your mission briefing.

-FEF Command

Dakken Tower rises majestically on the seaward side of campus. It stands thirty stories high, and is shaped like a giant stack of glass and steel horseshoes, the open end towards the sea. The tower leans perilously forward like a stack of jostled poker chips over the quad below. The statue of Brennar Dakken there is surrounded by swarms of cadets and staff. Some are sitting, or talking, others going about their business. The silvery metal of the statue’s upraised sword glints in the morning sun.

The day is beautiful, warm but not yet hot, a cool salt laden breeze blowing in off the sea below. The palms and panoply of blooming flowers lining the campus walkways make it even more pleasant. As you weave your way through the crowd and pass into the lobby of the tower you must go through security. The gate there casts a few scrying spells on you, and after determining your identity, opens, and the magic mouth above the portal says, ”Eighth floor please.” The lobby beyond is bustling with people. Most are clothed in the navy blue dress uniform of the FEF. Unlike the people outside they all seem to move with a specific purpose.

There are several lifts operating around the edges of the lobby. As you crowd your way onto one of the circular platforms a blue shimmering field comes up around it. After a moment it begins to slowly levitate, pausing at each floor to let people off and on. You see members of all the common races here, though humans, dwarves and elves predominate. At the eighth floor you and several others get off the elevator. There is a sign on the wall indicating that briefing rooms 5-10 are down the hallway to the right.

As you continue down the hallway the amount of people thins until you find yourself standing with a group of several others in front of a closed darkwood door with a small sign that says Briefing Room 8.

It’s about 06:45 right now. I am assuming you are all going to be punctual, if that’s not the case please say otherwise. Go ahead and describe yourselves and get started!


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

To think, I was just like them, attending classes, talking, only a few days ago. What makes us all so happy? The impending doom on everyones shoulders would crush us all one one day. "No negativity!" I swore I actually heard auntie yell at me. I had to stay happy. No flashbacks. Thats anger. I can't get angry. If I do then Auntie'll... Auntie is gone. Gone. Back on her small planet. It was agony, lying in my bed. Her bed. The whippings. The terror. "Happy!" the words flashed through her mind, like a lashing. No matter how much I resent it, I have to listen. Whatever. I'm getting close, I need to clear my thoughts.
Syarha begins looking through the crowd, sizing up fellows who might be in her assumed fleet. She picked out about 5 maybe people.
I wonder what their stories are... I wonder if they need my help... Maybe
Syarha begins walking near them, on the way to the briefing room.
I need to think military
Syarha straightens her stance in front of the briefing room, waiting for the door to open, so she may enter. She will then enter the room quietly, and sit, or whateve the options.

Everyone who views Syarha:

Syarha leans to her left, and is a shor person, indeed. Not as short as some of the well known halfings, much taller, but short on human standards. Maybe half a foot or so you guess shorter. She has brown hair, pulled back into a bun, high on her head, fighting it from falling to her face. She has a truly happy face. A helpful face even, if thats a thing. She just has that helpful, happy look in her eye. She is attractive, by any races standards. She is wearing a white jumpsuit, non armored army vestments, normal. She has a badge above her left breast, reading, "Counselor" she also has a satchel at her side, and a small pouch at her waist. She has a skinny, but not creepily skinny physique. Her eyes are different colors, one a mysterious gray, and one, a luscious purple. Her high rising cheekbones just above her full pink lips. Her hands, they are strange. They are ridiculously sharp. She could brain a cow, with those things.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Heading through the crowd on the eighth floor Leo is contemplating where his life is heading now.
I wonder if this assignment is going to be anything like my last one before joining the FEF? Lets hope for less blood and more smooth sailing. He says to him self while uttering: Hmm...

Still thinking, I wonder who else has been assigned to the Excelsior? I better get the personnel files.

As he arrives at the briefing room he sees the small woman stading there waiting. Not bad, not bad at all. He thinks and then notices the badge. Counsellor, well that ruined it. He chuckled. Well at least she is trying to resemble something soldier like. He thinks as he sizes her up.

Good morning miss. Also waiting for the briefing before boarding the Excelsior? Leo asks.

Standing in front of Syarha is an about average in height overweight man dressed in an impeccable navy blue dress uniform. He has dark har and beard both cut to the same short length. His grey eyes has hard stare. Small scars litter his hand and face.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter is a well dressed and well groomed human, with a slight tanned complection. His uniform is very well kept.

Walter arrives with the rest. He avoids making any eye contact.
About time I got to leave this planet


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

"Yes, I am," I reply to the man, towering over me, as I put my hand out for a handshake.
"My name is Syarha, I think I may have seen you around campus, did you say your name?" I ask. He should be a helpful one, what of that other one though, standing behind him? Why was everyone so much taller than little ol' Syarha... Whatever...
Syarha resumes her straight stance in front of the door.

Sorry, I'll try not to be a post hog, just like good RPing...


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Grunk stands with the group as he towers over them at his full height of 6' 7''. He stares at which one in turn with his deep black eyes Hmph, I could snap them all. He chuckles slightly at his inner joke revealing his large pearly white tusks.

He holds out one giant hand into the centre of the group and says one word "Grunk" his voice is thick and deep but still easily understandable.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter replies at the orc, "Walter" but doesn't go near him
Great, we have an orc...


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I retract my hand at the sight of Grunk. Who let that in? He was a full head taller than the others. I mentaly compare our sizes. He'll probably be in my office a lot... Unintelligent creatures... He could eat me in the night...


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

Looking at the gathered people Leo shakes Grunk's hand and says in a professional voice meant for everyone: "I'm Gotrum, your new XO." Lets see if this approach works, that's the way sergeant Wexler did it. And it sure looks like an interesting group


Dotting. Will post when I get the chance.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Just FYI, an Autoscroll is like a touch screen tablet computer in the shape of a scroll. But it's magical, not really a computer. Used for communication and data storage mainly, basically everyone who's not super poor or part of some countercultural/cult/luddite/whatever group has one.


As the group stands around introducing themselves they one-by-one notice a tall woman standing a few feet to the side. Her hair seems wild-blown, although the air outside the tower was mostly calm. Her uniform is blank except for her rank and a badge simply reading SECURITY, and a baton is strapped to her belt. In her hands she holds a mass of what seems to be personnel files and ship blueprints, which she studies intently. Noticing your staring, she nods at you and then goes back to her reading, muttering quickly under her breath.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Walter nods at the tall woman in black then wonders how long he will have to wait


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I look over at the tall woman again. She looks like she could use some help...
"Exscuse me, but would you like any help holding those?" I say as I walk over to the tall female, with my hands outstretched, ready to hold papers and such.
"What was your name?" I ask, after she has handed or not handed papers to me. Not waiting for a response, "Well whatever the matter, I'm Syarha, pleased to meet you, we got to stick together, crowded in a can with a bunch of men..." I say as I trail off, now waiting for a response...


Kimefe is surprised to see one of the others speaking to her. After a moments' hesitation she stretches out her hand (but retains custody of her files).
When she speaks, her voice is light and musical--she would probably make a wonderful soprano. "Hello Syarha. I am called Kimefe."


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

Syarha begins comfortably chatting, not waiting for responses, continuing a conversation with herself, as she stands next to and faces Kimefe, being somewhat annoying, but not to distracting. A backround noise. You figure it's out of nervousness. Talking should keep up their spirits. Kimefe... A pretty name, of strange origin. I wonder where she is from. "Later, patience, child" Auntie whispered, in a kind voice. Strange. She never seemed kind. Whatever the matter, she figured she would put more thought into her quiet conversation...


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Horus walk into the room does a double take at the crowd already gathered. He double checks his Autoscroll and then the exterior room number to make sure he is in the right place. His uniform is spotless, thanks to copious usage of Prestidigitation, though he appears to have missed a button.

"FEF Excelsior briefing, I hope. Horus Hightower," he looks down at his Autoscroll again. "I think I'm supposed to be the Chief engineer."

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

A teifling looking down at his Autoscroll strides right through the group and opens the door to the conference room. He then glances up and notices the rest of you and says, "FEF Excelsior briefing, I hope. Horus Hightower," he looks at the room number and then back down at his Autoscroll. "I think I'm supposed to be the Chief Engineer."

Now that the door is open you can see the briefing room within, it looks to be well appointed. The sliding glass doors at its far end are open onto a balcony filled with potted plants that overlooks the sea below. A long mahogany table that could seat a dozen people dominates the center of the room. The floor is covered in the same utilitarian grey carpet as the hallway. The navy blue walls have large flat rectangular displays set into them, currently displaying slowly rotating starmaps of the federation systems.

The room’s only current occupant is a woman in the white uniform of FEF medical. She’s sitting on the right side of the table. Her shoulder-length hair is silvery grey, and her skin is white dappled with pale milky spots. She looks up from her Autoscroll with a startled look on her face as Horus enters.


Female Aasimar

The woman stands up from her work, and says "Oh, hello. I'm Baasira. Yes, this is the briefing for the Excelsior. I'm going to be the new Chief Medical Officer onboard." She looks up at the clock on the wall, now reading 06:54. "I thought I was the only one coming." she says while giggling nervously.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I look to Kimefe, my new friend
"We'd better go in, where'd you like to sit, then we could sit next to each other and talk, maybe listen. Yeah, we'd better listen, whatever, c'mon though, lets go..."
I say, purposefully trying to be annoying. I stand at Kimefe's side until she decides she wants to go in, and I go in next to her.
That lady, do I recognize her? I think to myself...

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

There are five seats on both long sides of the table and one on each end. Baasira is sitting in the first chair on the right side of the table.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

"A pleasure, Baasira."

Horus takes the seat across from her.

"Just trying to be efficient. No wasted moment and all that," Horus smiles a little ruefully, "or I was up late celebrating my commission with some friends, and slept in."

He notices his miss-buttoned uniform and quickly fixes it.


Kimefe follows Syarha into the room, but purposefully sits with one seat between them so as to avoid distraction during the briefing, she otherwise does her best to listen politely to the talkative woman up until the meeting starts, at which point she very bluntly and obviously tunes her out, opening up her autoscroll to take vigorous notes.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

I am a little put off Kimefe doesn't want to sit next to me. No need to start an unwanted fight, she probably just wants to get down to business...
"Hello Bassira, that's a beautiful name. I am Syarha, the counselor, helper to whom I can, friend of many, thank you, for being able to spare your time for this, I'm sure you're terribly busy." I say as I bow humbly, and graciously. Gosh, I didn't now how nervous I am, I must really be coming off as annoying...
I silently get up and move to the opposite side of the room to Kimefe, not wanting to further annoy her.


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

First looking at Kimefe Leo nods to himself. That seams like a no nonsense Security chief, good quality, lets see if it lasts. I wonder if she might be able to get me the files I need?

So a chief Engineer, well we're almost there now. He seams to be in reasonable shape, I wonder how good he is with the engines. Leo thinks.

Finally a complete crew, minus the skipper. Leo says to himslef as he walks into the room hearing Baasira present herself. He looks briefly at the starcharts and then head over to the left side of the table not sitting down yet, waiting for the one preforming their briefing, in all likelihood a superior officer. To the ones he hasn't already introduced himself to he says: " Good morning, I'm Gotrum, the new XO.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

"Morning Sir, any clues as to what our assignment is going to be?"


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

"Well obviously something long term, because I'm here, and a counselor isn't a one day job, usually pretty long term..." I reply to Horus, He sure looked busy, with his walking in and staying on his scroll whatever. I never liked the scroll whatever. Or any of the tech for that matter, it made it to simple. And it seemed rude to not even look up when others talked to you. Started with those blasted tablets of old... Maybe not actually. But whatever, they weren't all polite. Why am I not busy? Maybe I should go chat with Leo. He seemed a likeable fellow, how he looked at me earlier. Happy, then he chuckled. A chuckle of a joke, one he had thought to hinself. right after he looked at her badge. She'd loved that badge, Could actually find it a meaningless postition. Her own commander... "Stop accusing what you don't know!" she heard, cringing at the pain in the voice. Life is wierd. No, no, people are. Or creatures...


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"Walter" he says with a nod, "I believe I was chosen to be the new Helmsman" before sitting down on the furthest seat


Male Human

A tall thin human man with long straight black hair enters the room, sweeping Grunk along with him one arm around his hulking shoulders. He points to one of the empty seats and says, "Sit." He sits in the chair at the end of the table closest to the door. The wall clock now reads 06:59. He sets both his elbows on the table and steeples his fingers in front of his chest. "I'm to be your new Captain. Alejandro Ageera. Though of course you will address me as captain." You notice his uniform appears to have been custom made. It is like all of yours in form, but the quality of the material used seems to be much higher. His collar holds the four golden pips that signify his rank. He sneers a bit before continuing, "Don't bother telling me your names, I've already read all your files. All I've got to say is, do as you're told and don't f*ck up. The admiral will be here any moment, look snappy." he finishes with a stare into each of your eyes.

Knowledge (Local, Nobility) DC 15:

Alejandro Ageera is the nephew of Ramon Ageera, a senior Astromage. While some might whisper he got his position through nepotism, Alejandro has a reputation as a deadly warrior and magician. Arrogant to a fault, he is one of the rare instances where the arrogance is the result of skill.

Knowledge (Local) DC 20:

He didn't actually attend the academy, but was allowed special dispensation to take the graduation exam.


Female Aasimar
Horus Hightower wrote:

"A pleasure, Baasira."

Horus takes the seat across from her.

"Just trying to be efficient. No wasted moment and all that," Horus smiles a little ruefully, "or I was up late celebrating my commission with some friends, and slept in."

He notices his miss-buttoned uniform and quickly fixes it.

Baasira smiles at his comment. "Well I'm glad you made it." she replies.

Syarha Screething wrote:

"Hello Bassira, that's a beautiful name. I am Syarha, the counselor, helper to whom I can, friend of many, thank you, for being able to spare your time for this, I'm sure you're terribly busy."

She blushes a pale pink when told that her name is beautiful. "Thank you Syarha. I'm pleased to meet you. No less busy than you I expect, but we all have to follow orders right?"

When the Captain enters the room and makes his little speech she visibly swallows and sits up straight in her seat. She begins tugging and fussing with her uniform trying to make sure it fits right.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Just to confirm, are you sitting at the other end seat Walter? I'm going to wait for everyone to post with reactions and finish up the small talk before I advance to the next bit.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

"Aye, Aye Cap'n" I belt out with a smile. Everyone was thinking it....
"Sorry, I'm Syarha, the counselor, pleased to meet you," I say with a wave. I never liked how everyone was so busy here, 'call me captain,' blah blah blah,' It bored her...


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

yep other end seat
"As you say captain"

Hopefully the captain hasn't read my file in much detail


HP 33 ⎢ AC 20 ⎢ T 20 ⎢ FF 10 ⎢ CMD 19 ⎢ F +5 ⎢ R +4 ⎢ W +6 ⎢ Init +3 ⎢ Per +7

As the captain enters Leo stands at attention as the captain enters the room, then replies after the captain has spoken: "Sir,yes sir" and sits down. "Officers, just like we known them...well I'm one of them know. he thinks and then smiles a little to himself.

Knowledge (Nobility) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human

"Tungsten, I believe the head of the table should belong to the admiral." Captain Ageera says, raising his left eyebrow as he looks directly at Walter, waiting for him to respond.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"Sorry Captain didn't realise"
Walter moves and sits somewhere else

Great first impression with the captain...


Male Human

The captain blinks once before beginning to bite his nails and spit them onto the carpet. The whole time sneering at nothing in particular. It takes a moment to notice, but Captain Ageera is a young man, no older than thirty. God, they're submissive and foolish. Why did my uncle insist that I join the FEF to watch over his shiny new toy? Being captain must be very much like being a baby sitter... Apparently lost in his thoughts, the Captain simply sneers and chews, his eyes remaining unfocused.


Female Aasimar

Baasira is watching the captain bite his nails, her mouth slightly agape. Edges of horror can be seen creeping onto her expression. Ewww! That's disgusting, all that bacteria! On the carpet?! Someone has to clean that you assh*le...


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

Oh a nail-biter, maybe he isn't as strong willed as I though, interesting


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

Knowledge (local):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Horus sighs to himself and hopes that this over-privileged a** doesn't get them all killed.


Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Nobility: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Kimefe also stands as the captain enters, just half a beat behind Leo. Her eyes widen in surprise as she recognizes Alejandro, and a new light of respect shines in them as she sits back down; only slightly diminished by his rude behavior.
Hmm, this assignment must be more important than I thought. I told myself that I wouldn't guess at what we were doing until we were told, but now I wonder...


HP 28 | AC 18 | T 18 | FF 10 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +1 | Per +3

Grunk squeezes himself the muscles bulging in his arms as he yawns during the Captain's ramble Looks like an idiot. Grunk barks out a laugh Nervous...'Captain' he licks his tusks and stares at Ageera. Then without waiting for a response turns to the rest of the group "I am Chief of Operations" He pointedly reveals his white tusks and waits for their snide comments and thoughts Could break all their necks. But maybe they different.


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

Gosh, stop being so nervous, I think to myself.
"So, are you excited for the mission?" I ask, as I calm myself down. This is great. Well, can't say I'm so excited to be on a ship with an orc, but, whatever. It's nice to have human fellows. And Baasira. She seems nice, maybe I could talk with her later. That'd be cool, if I could get an actual friend. Start a standing here. Kimefe seems a little stand offish, like she doesn't want to be my friend. "Shut Up, this is no school playground!" I cringe at the voice of Auntie. I practically fell out of my chair. Whatever. I listened to the voice though, she was right. Or was that me? What if I was thinking this unconsiously? "Stop, pay attention." I sit up, and place my hands on the table, and listen intently.


male Human lv3 martial hero, hp25, AC18, CMD16, F+4, R+5, W+0, int+2

"What is the mission anyway?"


Male Human

At Grunk's comments he stops biting his nails and says, "Ha! Not nervous. Bored. That was your one Ensign. Remember your place or you may find it suddenly changed to permanent duty mucking out the waste processor." He looks entirely serious, without being concerned. As if talking to a child he might have to punish. At Walter's question he says, "As for the mission I..."

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Before he can finish his sentence, a quick 'thud thud thud' sound of footsteps on the floor in the hallway precedes the entrance of a middle aged handsome dwarven woman. She wears her silvery hair up in a tight bun. Her piercing blue eyes peer out from a stern but well proportioned face. Her blue dress uniform bulges under the stress of her ample curves and well-muscled limbs. The two golden pips inside a rectangle on her collar mark her a rear admiral. She sweeps through the room to the far end of the table where Walter was previously sitting. She carries a briefcase with her, which she sets down before grasping the back of the chair at the head of the table.

”I am rear admiral Montaghue. I’m here to provide you with your first mission briefing as the officers on the Excelsior. A lot of money went into this project, and the higher ups are expecting results. I hope you won’t disappoint them.” She smiles and pauses briefly to adjust her uniform.

"We’re going to start you off with a routine protection mission for a potential new member of the Federation. Get your feet wet, as it were.” She gestures with a small handheld wand at the display and it zooms in on one star system and highlights the fourth planet out from the white dwarf star in red. ”Cygnuss IV is a small arid planet on the other end of a recently attuned Gate. The Astroguild’s prospectors found minerals there suitable for the manufacture of high grade Arcanicite about six months ago. They chartered a deal with the local leadership to build the infrastructure necessary to extract the minerals and repair the Cygnuss system’s Gate in return for a sweet price on the raw Arcanicite. In return they would provide Cygnuss guild protection and insure any losses to pirates or natural disasters.” She sets the wand down on the table and looks at the crew. ”Well, now that the cheese is flowing, all the rats are coming out to play. Raiders are hitting almost every shipment off that rock before it can get to the Gate. That far out there isn’t much in the way of law to stop them. The guild has asked the FEF to step in on this one, and make sure that the product shipments stop being interrupted and that the pirates are eliminated. In return they will ‘encourage’ Cygnuss IV to join the Federation. Your orders are to go to Cygnuss IV and stop the piracy using whatever means necessary. Questions?”


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

"Wait, we'll be... Fighting?" I ask, with a pale face. I had never really fought. Except when I escaped jail. And a few training sessions. I don't really like it though. I hope we don't have to fight much. Whatever. I'll just deal with it.
"Actually, it's not a big deal," and I resume to listen and think, a constant multitask.


M Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) 1 AC 20/12/118 / HP 11/11 / F +2 R +2 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +1 / Sense Motive +1

"Admiral, do we have and details on these pirates. Any reports on how well organized or armed they might?"

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33, Rage 5/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

"Details are still sketchy at this point, but they seem to be well armed. Reports say they're mostly flying small interceptor crafts, so that means they're either local or they have a base ship hidden somewhere in the system." she replies to Horus' question. To Syarha, she says, "I know you're just a counselor, but this is the military. Combat is always a possibility. You need to be prepared for that." She has a consternated look on her face as she looks at the young counselor. Hope we haven't made a mistake with that one...


HP 17/17 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +3 | R +0 | W +5 | Init -1 | Per +2 Changeling 3, Arcane Hero, CHA base, spontaneous casting,

"Of course, Admiral," I say solemly. The excitement may be good, but the chance of getting injured... And what if I can't defend herself? What if I won't be able to shoot my pistol? Would I be able to pull back the energy of my homeland forest to attack enemies? Hopefully, because if not... I don't want to think about it. I look up happily, trying to hide how afraid I was of death.

1 to 50 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starship Fantasies Playtest All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.